Sunstak

Sunstak Reviews

Canberra’s Battery & Solar Energy Geeks!

SunStak is a proud Canberra born renewable energy specialist, providing quality BATTERY STORAGE and SOLAR ENERGY generation solutions.
We are ACT Government certified for Sustainable Household Scheme and NextGen battery rebate program.
#HonestSolar #BatteryGeeks #SolarGeeks

Reviewers report paying: $10,200 - $16,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Sunstak Reviews (19)

Solar Quotes suggested installers had poor customer service and were substantially more expensive by a few thousand dollars for the same components.

SunStak ACT were fantastic to deal with. Very happy with the supplier.

Professionals that make life easy

The team at Sunstack were always helpful, patient and willing to go the extra mile.
The installation team was quick and cleaned up nicely.
Thanks SunStack - highly recommended.

SunStak is a stand out installer

I reviewed all of the companies on the ACT Government approved list for a solar battery to add to my existing solar panel system. I sought quotes from the 6 best rated companies. From the 4 quotes I received I chose SunStak. The main reason I chose them was because they were the most responsive, helpful and reasonably priced, a couple of the others didn't even visit the house before quoting. The staff were fantastic and professional, I couldn’t fault the installers, they did a great job.

Fantastic Installer

I had a great experience with Sunstak.

We were building our home and got SunStak to do roughin and pre-install during the construction phase of a 13.3kw and 2 inverter setup.

From the first interactions with Michael, he's not just some sales guy pushing to sell systems - unlike all the other quotes I got. He knowns his stuff and the trade; Hes able to answer questions there and then and not relayed via some sales guy, including all the technical ones about phase wiring, inverter strings, microinverters or not, what to ask our build to install in the switch board, utilising solar when the grid is down, power monitoring and possible future batteries.

Excellent customer service. High quality system.

The team at SunStak displayed expertise and were very responsive to our needs from start to finish. There were a couple of unforeseen issues during installation but everything was resolved satisfactorily with discussion of options for solutions. We are delighted with the system and its performance. We would recommend SunStak to anyone considering a PV array with battery.

Great system, great people

Sunstak were professional, flexible and easy to deal with. The installation was proficient, and the system provides solid performance relative to others at a similar price.

Michael and Bec were very responsive, and kept me well informed. They took care of organising the grid connection completely, and the whole process ran smoothly.

Outstanding quality and professionalism

Sunstak have just added a second Tesla Powerwall battery to my system, which had been installed a year ago by another provider. Every aspect of Sunstack’s performance was outstanding: from original enquiry through to installation. I found them professional, pleasant, and very willing to discuss options and answer my many questions. The quality and professionalism of the installation was particularly impressive. Several deficiencies in the installation of the existing battery by my previous supplier were rectified without cost or question, even though some were not apparent at the time of quoting. I would not hesitate to recommend Sunstak for any solar work.

Quality components, great customer service.

Sunstak impressed by providing a quality quote. They suggested good components, neither the most expensive nor the cheapest, but firmly in the upper third. I later noted that the brand of inverter and panel were both the best reviewed of their type. They didn't push me to overspend, but worked with my goals and were honest about what I should expect. The installation was well done, the team seemed proficient, flexible and friendly.

Professional, efficient and highly recommended!

I couldn’t be happier with my solar panel experience. Michael (and the SunStak team) have been extremely helpful, polite, professional and efficient in the installation of my panels. He organised and explained everything that had to be done from ordering to installation to check-ups and connections. Would definitely recommend them to anyone considering solar panel installation. Thanks Michael!

Customised and followup service

Michael leads the pack in Canberra for engaging with you over what system you need and tailoring each step of the process to ensure it works for you from installations to followups 6 months later. I installed solar panels in 2020 and am now adding a battery in 2021. Couldn't be happier with the service of SunStak and have recommended them to family and friends who are also using them for their systems. The price/quality ratio is ideal

10Year Upgrade

After looking at upgrading for a number of years we finally decided to bit the bullet and proceed with some additional panels and battery back up. Michael from Sun Stak provided a timely quote which whilst not being the cheapest gave us the bets IMO options. The installers were excellent and after they left it was if they had not been there (other than the obvious new bits) Great job Sun Stak

Easy sales process, very informative, and a pleasure to deal with.

Sunstak

Great business to work with. Super fast, very responsive. Coordinated all the approvals, smart meter and meter box upgrade. Love the apps. Good aftersales.

These guys where great

Cheapest quote, fast delivery and install, the instal team where great friendly helpful, and looks good, and cleaned up. I also love the powerwall, has meant many days using no grid power at all, and even exporting a little still.

Quick, easy, and passionate about the industry

SunStak was fantastic to deal with, We had Tesla Powerwall 2 connected to our 7.59kwh PV system. Apart from the first day where the battery had to change from 15% (was cloudy) we have been 100% self-sufficient, as was the expectation from the guys at SunStak. our biggest day has been 30kw, and the system with battery dealt with it with ease, and still had 7kw in the battery after running the AC all night.

Highly recommend SunStak, I got around 10 quotes for this job and they were the ones that I landed with, and happy with my choice.
Affordable, (But not burn your house down cheap), with passionate installers, who are in the industry because they want to see change for the better.

For everyone in Canberra looking for PV and or ES they have to be on your list to call.

Good to support a local Canberra business.

I was a lead from previous promotion that SunStak ran.
I’ve been looking for a while and when they got in contact, they were more than happy to organise a face to face onsite visit to discuss options.

There quoting process in almost all online so it was easy to see and sign off once I had made the decision.
I dealt mostly with Michael and it was great to be able to flick him a text when I thought about a question and he would get back to me very quickly.

The install was completed by a small business of local sparkies who were great to talk to and ran me though the process. Kept giving me updates as the day progressed and always checked in with me before turning the power off so that my day had the least disruptions.

All the rest of the grid approvals was all handled for me a much quicker than the previous install.

Would definitely use these guys again if i had any space left on my roof. Maybe the garage could have a few...

Great Installer and System

We should have installed solar years ago!
The whole process was very well managed by SunStak.
Richard and Michael were fantastic to communicate with and kept me informed of every process.
The installers were great. On time, polite and left the place as it was before they arrived.
All in all a very smooth installation. Our one issue with the system connecting to the SolarEdge application was made a priority and sorted in a timely manner.

5 stars from me.

Outstanding consumer service

We would highly recommend the SunStak Solar Energy Team. Since our previous installer is no longer operating, the SunStak team were more then happy to take over the maintenance of our system. When no other companies were interested in phoning us back to help. This included reconfiguring our SolarEdge inventor so we can now monitor our production and consumption. We could not be happier with the result and would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to install solar.

Great company all around

The company rang me on a Saturday to discuss my quote and were very personable and didn’t just give me a standard quote. Everything went smoothly despite a few challenges with the inverter. The company and their installers were a a pleasure to work with. The customer service has been really awesome. The entire process from quote to installation has been very easy for us as the customer.