Dillon and Kenzie Electrical Co

Dillon and Kenzie Electrical Co Reviews

Hi, we're Travis and Scott from Dillon and Kenzie Electrical Co, and we’re on a mission! After 40 years of combined experience in the electrical industry, we’ve seen a lot and frankly? We think the way that many solar operators work is broken. There’s too many shady businesses pulling the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting clients.

We’re here to change things up!

We believe that solar should be simple. We believe that the process should be transparent and easy. And above all, we believe that honest, reliable and competent installers doing a good, quality job should be a given.

We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but in a nutshell? That’s exactly what we deliver.  Helpful service. Quality installs at a good price. And simply, the best solar power in Brisbane.

Reviewers report paying: $4,250 - $6,950 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Dillon and Kenzie Electrical Co Reviews (63)

Outstanding customer service

From start to finish the customer service was fantastic. As a novice to the industry the help and guidance across the whole process was far superior to any of the larger companies.

No sales manipulation, they were upfront, honest and provided great workmanship. Would recommend anytime.

Easy and Professional

Super easy to deal with, simple explanation of the quote and reasons behind the system suggested, removed an old system and booked in an installation date and stuck to it. Highly recommend!

Great Experience Top Quality all round

Scott and Trav and their team were excellent all round.
Excellent advice and guidance to understand how best to address my Solar requirements, I have some shading issues that they solved.
Excellent, painless installation process. They kept me totally informed of what and how they were proceeding.
Nothing I asked for was any trouble for them at all.
I highly recommend these Guys, they were great.

Awesome from start to finish!

Highly recommend. These guys were awesome from the initial discussions and quotes through to installation. Always happy to answer any question.

Great installer and great service

These guys made getting solar installed a breeze. The quote process was easy and they answered all of my potentially silly questions. Scotty and Trav squeezed me in around their schedule to ensure I maximised my solar rebates. I have gotten these blokes in since getting the solar installed to complete other electrical work because they were so good

Great quality

We have a 8k solar panel system, I couldn't be more happy with it.

Home solar installation - highly recommended

Thank you to Scott and his team for the work installing solar panels on my home. Clear communications and guidance through the process from start to finish. Recommended installation suited to my requirements and energy needs. Very happy with the outcome and prompt with any follow up queries and assistance.

Great service, top product

Dealing with Scott and Travis was smooth as silk from day 1. Great communication and service and a top notch product too. Highly recommended for anyone that needs a solar system in Brisbane.

Excellent to deal with + Great value for money!

Scott was great to deal with throughout the whole process, guided us through which system to choose, provided quick and affordable pricing and importantly - followed through with what he promised and arrived on time!

Scott ensured he saw the entire process through and any questions we had he was available to answer. Two quarters in now, and not a power bill in sight.

Very Professional

A very professional team with excellent customer focus and service. The quote was very comprehensive and great to see they visited site before hand to discuss any questions with us and confirm all ok. Installation was seamless and Scott fully explained the Solar workings. Very impressed with post commissioning follow up confirming the system is working as quoted. Exceeded our customer expectations.

Great Installation

Friendly, not pushy. Did what they said they would do, all clean, simple no fuss. Cant ask for anything more

All around excellent.

I have nothing but praise. They were punctual for the assessment and very thorough. Very personable and polite with excellent communication throughout the entire process. The panels they suggested weren't top of the range but that's not what I required and they're still high quality so I appreciated the saving. Their work was neat and didn't leave behind a mess.

Complete professionals from start to finish

From the moment Scott & Travis were engaged the whole process flowed smoothly & professionally. The guys communicate really well and take the guesswork & confusion out of the decision making. By providing great insights, experience and real info to ensure I made an informed choice.
The guys were quick to react, follow up and the after sales service has been excellent as well.

Overall the whole experience from start/quote to install to follow up has been A grade and highly recommend them to anyone thinking of solar options.

Professional, efficient and delivers!

So happy with our Solar System installed by Scott. From our 1st contact and quote to installation and completion Scott from Dillon and Kenzie Electric Co was professional, efficient and a pleasure to deal with! Thank you Dillon and Kenzie Electric Co.

Great Job!

Scott was professional and knowledgeable about all aspects from start to finish and didn’t hesitate to answer any questions we raised. The installers arrived on time and did a great job and were polite and tidy to the point where upon inspection it was noted that they don’t often see such great work.

High quality install at reasonable price

Im very glad i decided to go with DKE. Very high quality solar install with simple and easy to understand contract, good value for money and friendly service.

Great service and product

Great service and product. Super friendly and quick install. Couldn’t recommend highly enough, honest and trust worthy.

Quality and friendly service, highly recommended

Great service, everything was handled from start to finish with ease, very professional and friendly team that I would highly recommend.

Original Review on 30-12-2020:

Cost effective installation with impressive initial results.

The quoting and installation process was smooth and proceeded in a timely manner. The installers decommissioned and removed our old 1.4kw inverter and panels. The new installation is neat and functions well with impressive power production even with the cloudy weather we have been having. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been performing well over the last 10 months or so with no issues. The installer has been responsive to any questions I have had.

Great experience and advice

I had a few quotes but Scott’s clear knowledge of the industry and simple explanation made him the obvious choice to go with.

Professional and great advice

Scott was very helpful in the layout and expiation of the system, also with giving some tips and advise on maximizing it too.

I was surprised when Scott found some cracked tiles (I’m pretty observant and hands on too), called me and replaced them with some spares which were under the house. I don’t think most installers would have found or done this…

I’m happy to recommend these guys

Steve

Professional service

Scott and his team ensured we had a very smooth transaction with our solar install. He was very prompt in coming on-site and discussing options available to us. A detailed quoted soon followed summarising everything pertinent.

Installation was smooth with good communication.

After sales support has also been fantastic with Scott returning promptly to attend to issue with Solar Analytics monitoring. Overall, a very pleasant experience and can easily recommend Dillon and Kenzie for Solar installs.

Fantastic end to end experience

From "hello" to having the installation and walkthrough, all went very smoothly, friendly, and professionaly. Can't recommend enough Travis, Scott, and the team.

Solariffic

Was a little doubtful of our east/west roof providing a quality platform to maximise our solar installation so we put it off for years.

Scotty and Trav were fantastic, they took us right through the shading plots and provided us with a solution to maximise our yield.

Along with their gorgeous looks they provide a Quality service and a Solariffic installation. Thank you Legends.

Friendly installers, professional job

Quick and tidy job. Friendly staff. Overall we're stoked at the outcome

Professionally installed with integrity and value

The team at Dillon and Kenzie was exactly what I was looking for. Discussions with several high rating service providers that were vague, pushy and lacking technical expertise left me confused and dissatisfied with solar options. Scott simplified the choices and explained each system option to the level I was hoping for. He easily matched my requirements for quality and value with a great system that looks great and is producing the output that I wanted. Being a member of the Defence Force, I was very impressed with the professionalism, integrity and timelines of installation and quality of work for which I am accustomed to. They certainly exceeded my expectations. If you are confused by solar power, do yourself a favour and call these guys.

Absolutely over the moon with our system.

Smooth as from the start to the finish. Very happy with the system.

Great job

Thank you Scott for taking all my concerns away about installing solar. The initial set up I found Scott was great to deal with, very professional & using language I could understand. I found Scott & team that installed were polite, respectful & tidy. Thank you for a prompt & quality job. I can highly recommmend Dillon & Kenzie Elctrical Co.

Donna Taylor
Tweed Heads South

Start to Finish FANTASTIC

Fantastic… from start to finish, they were very professional… All my questions were answered… Also very knowledgeable about all the different solar panels and inverters. We came up with the package that suited me..

Installation was done on agreed day with no fuss.. they took care of everything… They left the place as tidy as they found it.. they even tidied some.

Other elec stuff in their travels.. very appreciated.. would not have a problem recommending them to anyone.. they have done a job for a neighbour with the exact same results..

Professional service all round

Scott and the team were very helpful with navigating the many product options available and correctly selecting and sizing our system to suit our energy requirements. Installation overall is fantastic, top quality materials used and to date has been trouble free. Grid connection went smoothly and our system was up and running in no time.

Highly recommend!!

Top Job and Professional

Scott attended our home and installed our new Sungrow 5KW system and 18 solar panels . Scott's service has been prompt, professional and left all areas clean and tidy. Scott took his time to answer all our questions on site and afterwards as we familiarised ourselves with the iSolar Cloud app. Due to Scott's professional service we have now requested further works at our home to install wiring for a pool heat pump and new indoor and outdoir light fittings. Overall extremely happy with Scott's service and the quality of work. Thanks Dillon and Kenzie Electrical.

Great team, great product!

The guys at DK were fast, east to work with and great value!!!

Awesome service, great system & top notch customer service

Our solar system was installed by Dillon & Kenzie Electrical Co earlier this year and I couldn’t be happier with the install and the customer service. They provided awesome advice and after an initial consult I felt well informed. The pricing was clear and they were genuinely nice guys. Would be happy to recommend to anyone and will use again in the future. Thanks Scott & Travis

A pleasure to deal with

From beginning to end I would highly recommend Travis and the team.
The installation was a breeze and the cost was very affordable.
Travis even came back a week later to help me with some issues with the electrical company

Highly Recommend

Process was painless & Dillon & Kenzie Electrical Co quoted exactly what we asked for.
Once we decided to go ahead installation was booked in & promptly completed. The guys were really efficient & a pleasure to deal with.
So far excellent customer service & they have organized for our system to be connected to the grid.

Straight Forward and transparent

A straight forward and transparent process from start to finish. Scott is a genuine and straight forward guy, who was very easy to work with.

Great business who knows their stuff and deliver what they promise!

From start to finish the guys at Dillon and Kenzie were awesome to deal with. They listened to what I wanted and delivered what we needed. We have been up and running for 3 months without a hitch and we continue to save plus the guys recommended who to contact for the best feed in prices as well.

Would have no hesitation in recommending Dillon and Kenzie to anyone looking at a solar system for their home or business. Very happy with the outcome.

First-rate

First-rate service from initial consultation to even addressing questions after installation. Would unreservedly recommend Scott and his team for your solar and electricity needs. Great work and great sense of humours!

Professional, reliable, helpful and friendly.

Thank you Dillon and Kenzie for installing our solar system unit. It is working brilliantly. From initial contact and quote through to completion of the job Dillon and Kenzie Electrical were outstanding. All my dealings were with Scott and I couldn’t be happier. He was happy to take time to explain everything and answer our silly questions. Install was prompt and follow up service is amazing from helping us to down load the app to giving us up to date feedback on how our unit is working. I highly recommend this team for all your solar and electrical needs. You definitely won’t be disappointed. I have already passed on their details to my family and friends.

Professional, fast and friendly.

Dillon & Kenzie Electrical Co. are professional, fast and friendly. They installed our solar system as quoted on time without issue.
I'm an electrician myself so I was keenly aware of their work and I am very happy with the job. Thanks Scott & Travis for a job well done.

Outstanding service

From the initial quote, Dillion and Kenzie were outstanding. They were prompt in sending through a variety of options, knowledgeable and happy to answer all of our questions and were brilliant during the installation. This team goes above and beyond and I would recommend them to everyone as you will not be disappointed. Actually, you will be the complete opposite...blown away! Thank you to the whole team and we look forward to contacting you again for further electrical work that we may need done.

Should have done it sooner!

All our dealings were with Scott and he proved to be a great ambassador for his two-man-brand. We were complete novices to the world of SOLAR and Scott went above and beyond to explain the process during and after the installation. He recommended panels that had the maximum durability and output and did the same with the inverter. After sales service was just as professional, walking us through the downloading of apps to monitor the weekly performance of the unit. Would not hesitate to recommend these fellas and their service. I wish them all the luck they deserve.

Fast, friendly and good value

Great experience with installer- quoted in person by the guy who did the install. No pushy sales agent, just an easy to read proposal with photos, information. Open to questions after the proposal and thr quick turnaround to install once we had accepted quote. Very happy with workmanship and products.

Awesome experience

A great pair of people to deal with. Prompt responses to all questions, arrived and completed all works on time with regular updates throughout the process. They completed all the paperwork and organised everything to have the system "on the grid" on the same day. Highly recommend

Friendly, Professional. Very Happy.

A smooth process start to finish. We liked that Scott did the quote, and the install. We didn’t have to do anything - Scott took care of all the fine details. Energex applications etc. our system was professionally installed and is producing better than we expect. We highly recommend Dillon and Kenzie Electrical

Excellent installation.

See above Scott explained how the process worked, helped us select the size and the components best suited to our needs. I felt confident in him as the installer and not just as a salesman.

Quality install

Trav and Scott installed a 10kW 3 phase solar system at our place in Camp Hill about a year ago and it hasn’t skipped a beat. The install was no fuss and looks great. Their solar knowledge and professionalism set Trav and Scott apart from the other companies we received quotes from. More than happy to recommend Dillon & Kenzie Electrical.

Very Happy with Dillon and Kenzie Installation

Very happy with the prompt response from Scott and the punctual process right throughout the installation. The explanation of the various panels and inverters available that could be used was thorough. There were no delays during the installation, Scott, Josh and Dan left everything tidy. The grid connection was organized by Scott.

Went above and beyond

Scott went above and beyond in organising our solar, including dealign with Energex when they were being..well...energex.

Happy to say that the system is producing more than I had anticipated, and was a nice clean job. All wiring very well organised with attention to detail.

Lee-anns installation

Installation (despite a few showers) went very well and they organised all the necessary paperwork. A quality product at an affordable price and backed up by awesome service. Highly recommend.