Elecforce Reviews

About Elecforce, Solar Installers

Elecforce Solar is a Bayswater, Victoria based Electrical and Solar Installation Company. We concentrate our efforts in the NEast suburbs of Melbourne but can easily travel. Elecforce fills a niche market sitting between the Big4 monsters and the smaller General Electrical contractors. The actual install of Solar to your roof and the support of the ongoing warranties are our competitive advantages.

Paul Caulfield (0409552952) is our head Electrician. He started in 1995 and has specialised in Solar since 2011. Paul has overseen the installation of 1100 Residential and Commercial systems totalling over 7 Megawatts.

Hugh Couper (0421183000) looks after the Product and Sales side and has been promoting Solar since 2011. He can recommend our preferred range or take your preferences and fine tune that product to a workable price. Expect a detailed quote within 24 hours or sooner and an install 7-10 working days after deposit.

Site visits are not compulsory but are offered either after the quote or before the install. And we should be able to better any genuine written quote (there is some product we would not support) so be sure to ask and get what is best for you.

Elecforce Solar Reviews

At all times through the process we were given lots of information along with explanations in plain, easy to understand English. There was quite a bit of toing and froing before we made a final decision both in terms of options and costs. We got quick responses to all our questions. The installation went well and the crew were pretty careful. We had a couple of queries after the installation and Paul responded in a very positive and helpful way. We are very pleased with the way things went and would certainly recommend Elecforce. Show additional information
Very good experience, explained everything to us, pointed us in the right direction with no pressure to buy, the price was good seeing we chose the best equipment, offered us free extra panels with our deal. We had no installation worries and it was a very clean job. We are very happy Show additional information
Elecforce were very good at filling in all of the appropriate paperwork for our retailer. They have responded to all enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner.

It still remains a bit of a mystery in terms of who to believe regarding the quality of panels. I guess you can only hope you get what you pay for, in the end.

(In terms of advice for our future use, perhaps some consideration could have been offered (and is possibly on your website...) about what the size of the system means in terms of potential battery installation. Our distributor (UE) allows for 10kW systems in this area. We have installed a 7.98kW system through a 6kW inverter, allowing us the possibility of a 2kW battery in the future. So whilst we were advised that the system could be fitted with a battery in the future, the likelihood of ever seeking a 2kW battery is pretty low. Perhaps that will all change in the passage of time...)
Hugh and Paul have been great. I have referred them to friends and family who are now also purchasing systems. Show additional information
Broken roof tiles were an issue. Had to replace many tiles.

Thanks for the feedback Peter.
Because this is the poorest review Elecforce have received and way outside our norm I need to address your ratings from our point of view.
(1) Value for Money - a 4.28 Winaicco with Fronius 5 kwt Primo at $5975 is very good value for money and you did compare that against other like for like quotes on pricing. If you chose the price I cannot understand why you would devalue your own price decision yet still rank the quality of the system as 5.
(2) Installation - I presume that the broken tiles were your main issue on installation. Old Terracotta tiles are always an issue to all installers and any other trades working on the roof. You did only have a few replacement tiles on hand and Shaun did go to the supplier and replaced 30 tiles which Elecforce paid for. You have also held back $100 of final payment for other chipped tiles. It is disputable as too whether Elecforce were responsible.
(3) Customer service - You were site visited and quoted on the day you put through your request to SolarQuotes (Jan 12th). I responded to all your email queries on the date received. The deposit was received on the 23rd Jan and the install was completed in the proper time frame especially considering Dec and Jan was a rough time for Solar in that product like Fronius was not available.

Elecforce is able to take on board criticism because it improves us all however I think that the issues you have had are solely in the construction of the roof material. Elecforce did whatever we could (at our cost) to better the roof and install Solar. I think that you have been too harsh.

These guys were just so easy to deal with from the salesman (Hugh) through to the installation team & Inspection.
Can't give these guys any more than 5 stars but they definitely deserve it.
Highly recommended!
Both Paul and Hugh were great. After looking at so many companies that would either not get back to you, not give a quote or did not know what they were talking about, I was lucky I found the guys at enforce. Great job and system is working very well. Show additional information
The staff at Elecforce were excellent to deal with, from sales to installation was a very efficient process and well coordinated to meet my requirements. I would thoroughly recommend them. Show additional information
Great costumer service, hugely knowledgeable in solar industry, happy to recommend Show additional information
The suppliers were very prompt in organising the quote and then the installation. They were very informative and friendly. Show additional information
What a no fuss experience this was. After Solar Quotes gave me 3 companies to contact i found that Elecforce via Hugh Couper appeared the most professional in what was discussed and final offer for me to consider. From then dealing with Paul was the easiest experience with a trade based service. He kept me informed of progress and the availability of stack that was held up due to dock dispute and being so close to Christmas I was expecting to wait until the new year. We were lucky to have it completed the week before xmas and it is operating as was told to me and shows we will receive a great benefit once operating fully with grid connection. Excellent products in the supplied equipment and the best service ever with the installers that completed the work. Can't fault any of the process and thank you to all for making the experience so hassall free. Show additional information
Sales, Management and Installation were ordered, sequential and efficient. The only drama has been liason with AGL and United Energy with connection to their grid. Smart meters indicate production of excess power and supply back to the suppliers grid but customer liason has been poor with the ultimate test our Electricity Bill in 2 months time. Show additional information
Couldn't recommend them more highly Show additional information
The best tradies that I have ever had do work at my house. They were quick, polite, efficient and even cleaned up after themselves. Show additional information
Elecforce has been very professional and have a very good team. I received a call from Hugh Couper. Hugh was very patient and replied to all my queries, he was not interested that I may/maynot give him business, his major concern was I had right information to make a decision. This is very rare quality and truly appreciate Hugh's input and professionalism. Given my knowledge on Solar energy was limited, he needed to be lot more patient with me and answer my queries.

After completing my order, he transferred me to Paul Caulfield. Paul is very good to deal with, the team he sent to my place to install panels was very professional too and did a neat and clean job.

Upon completion of installation, they explained to me in detail what would happen with regards to process of connecting it to grid.

Once installed, I had questions after week or so, and both Hugh and Paul were very helpful in answering my questions.

I would recommend Elecforce as preferred installer to anyone in process of installing Solar Panels.

Thank you Hugh and Paul, you guys should get 6 out of 5 star ratings.
As a electrician myself, I was very happy with the quality of the installation and the after sales service. I would recommend contacting Elecforce to anyone looking for a quality system Show additional information
The guys at Elecforce were great. Very helpful, accomodating and tidy Show additional information
The lads who installed the system were competent an courteous.They got on with the job .We are very pleased Show additional information