HCB Solar Reviews

About HCB Solar, Solar Installers

HCB Solar is family-operated and has been in business in the Newcastle area for the past 60 years. It now claims to be an expert in all areas of industrial, commercial and domestic electrical services and maintenance.

It is now an accredited designer and installer of solar power systems, as well as having installers accredited by the Clean Energy Council. The team provides a complete service from start to finish, as well as excellent customer relations.

Customers are promised a hassle-free experience when they receive their solar panels from HCB Solar and products are only sourced from trusted brands.

HCB Solar Solar Reviews

Overall very happy with system and installer. Show additional information
I am an Electrical Engineer and am extremely happy with the quality of the install. Knowledge of installers and HCB personnel was good. Show additional information
Decided to go for quality over price.
LG panels (330w), Solar edge inverter, optimisers.
Increased panel to capture 5.9 kw.
Our business engaged HCB Solar to install a 29kW ground mount array in the Hunter Valley. Prior to signing any contract we met with HCB to gauge their ability to install the job professionally and safely. We were not disappointed. Two engineers (electrical and mechanical) from our business were very impressed with the knowledge of the HCB staff. From sales, design and through to installation HCB knew their stuff.

Our ground mounted array is now generating more than expected and is saving us significant amounts on our substantial electrical bills.

I have no hesitation in recommending HCB Solar.
I am university educated and have three trades, I research all my projects to a huge degree so I am fully aware of what I am talking about with companies. I received quotes from a number of solar companies and it was surprising how many were 'all talk', and didn't understand their products. Although I didn't go with Finns quotes, I did take full advantage of his forum. HCB solar are local to me and I did want to use a local company. I fully recommend HCB solar at Beresfield NSW (newcastle). Their prices were perfect but most importantly their tradesmen were professional, well manored and thorough in their workmanship. I get super annoyed at poor tradesmen but these guys well surpased my expectations. I fully recommend HCB solar. Show additional information
I would not hesitate to recommend HCB Solar to prospective buyers in the Newcastle / Hunter region. All their staff (sales, installers and admin) really know their stuff and go out of their way to make sure you're happy with the job. They are not the cheapest in the Newcastle area, but they only deal in higher quality product with a customer service focus. Show additional information
I received really great advice and outstanding service. Would recommend HCB Solar to everyone. Show additional information
Considerable confusion exists within the industry regarding due process. I have been advised today that the electricity supplier should approve any installation prior to any hardware installation taking place. In our case the supplier/installer originally placed an application for approval with an electricity supplier that does not service our location.

We are now faced with a 8 week delay to obtain approval for connection to the grid although all hardware other than metering is currently installed.
Delay experienced for meters installation. Show additional information