Hello Sun

Hello Sun Reviews

Hello Sun is a Newcastle based owner operated solar and electrical company. We have a passion for creating the best solutions to meet our customers needs. Our goal is to do quality installations of reliable products so that we have happy customers.

Tom has been in the solar industry since 2014 and has worked on a wide variety of jobs as well as performing maintenance and repairs on existing systems.

• You deal directly with the business owner who is an electrician and will be onsite for the installation
• Our mission is to get the best solutions for our customers not the biggest sales
• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.
• We custom design solar systems for each and every property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.
• We only use panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, we use local electrical wholesalers to supply the stock
• We take time and use care to make sure you get the best installation possible, we think about how the end product will look on your house.

Reviewers report paying: $4,200 - $6,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Hello Sun Reviews (16)

Original Review on 15-11-2021:

Great installation, job done on time, and with an excellent service

The installer took the time to come to my place to give me a quote, explain everything and organise the timing.
He was punctual, polite, friendly, tidy and ready to answer all my questions.
He also organised the connection to the grid and even the app on my iPad so I can see daily where I am up to.

8 months later we asked Guy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, happy with the whole installation.
The installer is very professional and helpful, with a fast response.

Clean and tidy install from a professional installer

Sales and quoting process went smoothly. Tom went a bit out of his way to visit site to inspect, measure and check for the best install solution. Quote was provided within a week and after a few questions was accepted. There was a 3 week wait between quote acceptance and install.

Hello Sun arrived to site on time on install day and were quick to start work. The install went smoothly with minimal disruption as I was working from home that day. There was a slight alignment issue with the initial panel install that would have resulted in less than ideal aesthetics. The guys spent additional time working to correct it, which is much appreciated, resulting in a clean looking system.

There was an issue with the panels being offline that the guys attended to first thing the next day. Tom was proactively monitoring the system and noticed that the unit was off, hence the quick response. Tom also took care of all connection requests and provided notification to my energy retailer.

Impeccable service and quality installation

This install was a second system on our property, and the difference in quality of install and workmanship was chalk and cheese. Tom was absolutely fantastic the whole way through. Thorough, detailed and super responsive. I ask a lot of silly questions, but Tom was professional and patient throughout it all. I'd recommend Tom to absolutely anyone.

After selling our house recently, one of the hardest parts is leaving behind the great system. I'll definitely be using Tom again if we need solar in our next adventures.

Thanks a million Tom!

Great Service and a Good Price

I had spent hours reading up on various panels, inverters, etc so I had a reasonable handle on what quality products would suit my needs. I had also spent quite some time reviewing all the installers recommended by SolarQuotes and reviews by other people who had purchased from said installers. After five different quotes, I decided on Tom from Hello Sun. Tom Ludricks was a pleasure to deal with, down to earth, speaking in a language a non-technical person can understand, and the price quoted was not the cheapest but very fair and Tom organised all the paperwork with the grid connection after the installation. The installation was delayed a week because of weather but otherwise went to plan. Can't recommend Hello Sun highly enough!

Thanks Jill, it was a pleasure to install your system

Hello Sun easy, trouble free, excellent communication

Dealing directly with Tom who owns the business, does the quote and installs the system is the only way to go.
Tom is very knowledgeable, he gives a few options and explains everything in terms we understood.
Tom and his apprentice were punctual, efficient and very tidy .
After installation Tom help us with using the appropriate apps so we can monitor our system and get the most out of it . Thank you for great service Hello Sun

10 out of 10

From watching Finn's first video to watching my daily kWs generated on my Fronious app. I cannot fault anything,

Thanks Matt, glad you are happy with it.

Quality work

Hello Sun were prompt with communications, explained things I did not understand and were able to do the job asap.
They were efficient with the way the worked and were a professional on the job site,
Hello Sun also organised the relevant paperwork and presented the info in an organised folio.
A pleasure to deal with!

Great customer service and simple explanation given on options available

This was an addition to an existing 4kw system installed by another installer. This installation was by far superior to the prior installation.

Got a visit from the owner of the business the day after request quote to inspect property. Was able to assist with reconnecting an existing enphase system while inspecting the meter board. Quote received the following day with 2 options including cost to upgrade with additional panels. Booked to install very quickly and the person completing the quote was also the person installing the system. Install without fault although done over 2 days due to some rainy weather. Very professional, polite and perfect customer service.

Best Yet

Terrific service and better price. Polite and patient and had a 16kW name brand (Trina / Fronius) system on my roof a week after I pressed the go button.

Leave the sharks alone and give Tom a call, you can thank me later.

Thanks Marc, it was a pleasure to do.

Easy to deal with and true to his word

Everything was easily organised and completed in a timely manner exactly as promised

Happy Customer

Tom is very thorough and prompt. He visited our home to inspect the site and quickly provided us with a very competitive quote.

He was very flexible with available installation dates and supplies quality panels and invertors, his installation was immaculate and of the highest quality, even using stainless saddles and system monitoring as standard. Little extras like this shows Tom’s commitment and professionalism.

Tom is a really nice bloke and I’ll happily recommend him to anyone looking for a quality system.
We are very happy with the services supplied by Hello Sun.

Thank you Tom.

great installer

Customer service was great, Tom actually came out and discussed my needs and gave quote on site.Other companies rang and just gave sale pitch. Funny thing one rang back when i said that i had gone else where and said they would meet any price. My comment was if they wanted my work i exspect that they quote me the best price first up.
Tom`s follow up is very good. Everything was completed with no need for me to do anything but decide on provider

Better than we could have hoped for!

Tom was so easy to work with. Organised to inspect the property and got the quote to us the same day.

A week later Tom started work on our Solar. The attention to detail was great - the work has been completed to the highest standard and all of the wiring, the inverter and the panels have been immaculately installed with the least impact possible to our property.

Tom is very friendly and I wouldn't think twice about reccomending anyone to use Tom for their solar needs.

Tom managed everything for us, even the paperwork with our electricity provider and cleaned everything up once he had finished.

We are super happy with our new Solar System and can't wait to reap the benefits.

Thanks Tom!

Outstanding

Outstanding, I had to post a review of my solar installation, I couldnt be happier, Hello sun is a great local business, the cost, speed and quality of the install was top notch, they removed an old dead system, and put in new 6.6kw system at a great price we went from a $900 bill to an $8 credit on our first bill. Tom is a great bloke highly recommend the team at Hello Sun. We can fully track our usage and cost through connected app wish we had got them in sooner, call them today you wont be dissapointed.

Great advice. Quality install.

Quote was prompt. Installation completed on the dates specified with no issues. Demo of mobile app to monitor system. Grid connection organised and then completed by electricity supplier within time frames given by installer.

The installer does the quote.

Got a quote the day I enquired, installed within 2 weeks of giving him the go ahead. He was polite, tidy and punctual and organised the connection to the grid.