InStyle Solar Reviews

About InStyle Solar, Solar Installers

InStyle Solar

Estimated pricing for system: $8,000 - $10,000 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

InStyle Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Brendale and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

InStyle Solar Solar Reviews

The sales Rep had us believing we would easily get 42 panel 12.5Kw system.
The day of installation was a fumbling mess from the start and they could only fit 38 out of the 42 panels to the roofing as per layout planned.
Then they have run External conduit outside from roofing and in clear view down a wall on our brand new custom home, not even bothered to tuck it into or hide it in a corner somewhere...NOT HAPPY JAN!....

Highly recommend InStyle Solar

A very efficient, organised team of Professionals.
Solar installation team were reliable, punctual and dedicated to getting the job completed on time.

Fab service and great company

Instyle solar have really impressed me and have done an excellent job getting our 9.6kw system on our roof and up and running,
The whole process from first contact, to design of the system and working out the finances was really easy and our consultant Fabiano did a fantastic job at keeping everything moving along without ever being pushy or making use feel like we were losing control.

He displayed an in-depth knowledge of the technology and the industry that really set us at ease and was able to show us how a system made sense for our particular circumstances.

The installers did the job in a single day and were polite, friendly and knowledgeable. Right down to installing the app on my phone so I could see what the system was producing.

The system seems to be working well and producing what was promised. Our next project is finding an energy provider that can help with getting the most out of the system financially but Fabiano has offer help with that too.

I’ve been ‘burned’ buying solar before and was a bit apprehensive about trying again but have been really impressed by this decent, knowledgeable and genuinely committed company. Cheers guys.

Made switching to solar so simple

Instyle Solar was fantastic from starf to finish. They explained everything in terms we could understand and did not push any higher sales. Show additional information

Fantastic!

Very helpful and down to earth. No BS, just straight talking professionals that know what they're talking about. Installation was a breeze and done to a very high standard using high-quality materials. Show additional information

Once they have your money they no longer care

Installation went fine and the electricity company did a great job replacing the meter, but this is where the honeymoon ends.

The wifi monitoring dongle is not working. First time i rang them i got told the guy who does that is busy an he will ring back. 3 weeks later I rang again and got the same story. 3 weeks ago I rang again and shock horror i actually got to talk to the service guy. He appeared to have no idea what i was talking about. i told him it kept dropping out. that the SSID of the dongle kept disappearing from the wifi list. i told him that at first it was ok except it dropped out when the sun went down. now IF it shows up and IF i can connect by the time I swipe to the monitor app it has dropped out again. Service guy says he's not sure what to do and will look into it.

I told him that i have been in the repair business for over 30 years and the thing to do is replace the faulty item.

That was 3 weeks ago and no response from them at all. So today I tried to contact SUNGROW the maker of the inverter, guess what their response is?? Call the installer!

Thank god the system seems to be working but if they cant fix a simple wifi dongle issue then heaven help if there is a real fault!
Sales person that came out to my house was very good on information and could answer all my questions Show additional information
Very informative salesperson, great price. Professional installers, very helpful with post install queries. Show additional information

Great Communication and Customer Service

I found this company online and sent off a email enquiry, and have since found from the beginning no question has been to difficult and they have always been accommodating! They were able to meet on a Saturday morning to discuss what would suit our home and Fabiano came out and took the time to explain how everything all works and to make sure that we had the right size and type of system for our home.
On the day of installation the team turned up on time and I explained how to operate the system once it was installed- throughout this whole process the communication has been fantastic - I’ve been very impressed!

Professional, value for money and great people

After being dobbed in by my partner as the contact to talk to around getting solar for our house, I was kind of dreading the experience from previous dealings with online advertising. Boy was I wrong. Right from the intital contact phone call even up to 3 weeks after installation the service from Instyle Solar has been great.

Initial contact was made to myself via a phone call and was greated pleasantly and professionally for an onsite appointment could by set-up. I have very limited time availability, and Instyle were very accommodating to my needs.

Then we come to the onsite visit. I had the pleasure of meeting Fabiano. Not only was Fabiano great to deal with, he had completed all his reasearch on the property and had pre-prepared different options that would be suitable for my property, including different Panels, invertors and payment methods. He was expremenely professional, explained everything and no question was too hard or too 'stupid' for him to place energy into answering. After empowring me with all the right information, it allowed me to decided on the best, cost effective solution for my wants and needs to take away and make my final decision. My decision became fairly simple and gave Fabiano the go ahead. He again was very professioanlly and accommodating to my needs to organise an installation date that suited me.

We move onto the installation by Gary and his offsider. Communication was excellent from both Instyle and their installation contractors. They arrived on time, again where very profressional and efficient, even with the small sprinklings of rain and kept us in the loop during the entire installation process. The install was completed just not long after lunch and Gary had not only completed a first class job, he had made sure that they entire work site was clean and left in the exact state as it was when it arrived. A complete run through of the system was giving, including how to use the app and keep track of your solar system.

From been quite apprehensive to having a great experience is the best way i can desribe my dealings with Instyle Solar and their team. This has been even more amplified the the after sales service received, through to ensuring the loop has been closed with my electricity supplier to have my old metre replaced. I cannot recommend Instyle Solar enough

Couldn't be happier, great Company to choose!

We couldn’t recommend Instyle solar enough to anyone interested in getting a solar system. I was called following lodging and expression of interest online, unable to speak at the time of the first call the in style solar representative was very accommodating in finding a time that worked for me to further discuss. We made an appointment to meet with Fabiano a Solar consultant from the company. He went through everything and didn’t hesitate to answer any of our questions. He was so knowledgeable about the product, professional in his approach and the biggest thing that stood out for me was his honesty. My husband being an electrician who had previously had a little to do with solar with the company he works was weary at the start as I had selected the company and had a fair idea of the size system we would need but let Fabiano come back with what he thought was right for us. He was very impressed although we had intentionally mentioned a slightly larger system it was explained why we only needed the smaller size and he kept in mind we wanted to put on an air con system to our house as well. We felt like Fabiano had our best interest in mind instead of how much money he could make from our sale. The installation was done very well, the work was neat and tidy and of a high standard my husband was present and impressed with the workmanship. I have never had an issue getting through when calling they have always answered promptly and answered any of my questions or concerns. Neither of us have any regrets and would love others to have the great experience we did! Show additional information
What great personal service.
Every aspect of ‘Instyle Solar’ was friendly, informative and professional.
Easy installation, the panels are also ascetically pleasing.
Thanks guys.
We are so happy that we chose Instyle Solar! The staff are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable about their product and their installers were brilliant. The Instyle staff, Tiffany, Bryan and Jayden's communication cannot be faulted as they would phone us to keep us informed of the installation process, check in with us to make sure that everything was okay. I cannot recommend Instyle Solar highly enough and I am definitely recommending them to everyone that I speak to. If you want a top quality solar at a great price, if you want to deal with people who care and actually talk to you and listen to what you want and need then give them a call. If you want installers who phone you to confirm your installation time on the morning, arrive when they said they'd be there, knock on your door, shake your hand and introduce themselves to you before explaining the installation process to you in detail, work efficiently and cleanly doing their job, clean up after themselves and then show you how everything works before shaking your hand and leaving - then this is the company to deal with. My husband and I are extremely happy with the quality of service we received and the price and quality of the solar system that we had installed. Thank you Instyle Solar and wishing your company and staff continued success in this industry! Show additional information
Just a big thanks to the guys that did the installation. Very professional in every respect. Show additional information
We have now had solar installed since the beginning of February and we’re simply wrapped with its performance. We had a 10.6 kW system with an 8.2 kW invertor and we’re producing between 35 kWh and 60 kWh daily, which is pretty good! This has meant that we’re around 60% self sufficient and that is before installing air conditioning. We primarily installed solar to reduce our reliance on the energy grid and to future proof our energy needs. We certainly seem to be realising these goals.
In Style Solar has simply been faultless in their provision of service. We have had to talk Mariah and Crystal at the call centre and technical support services on a few occasions, mainly to get clarification on questions that arise during this process and she has always been courteous and responsive. We were well informed throughout the whole process without feeling bombarded and interrupted.
Our initial consultation with Fabiano was a great experience. We were certainly wet behind the ears in regards to our solar journey, but he provided an insightful background into solar technology, our requirements and expectations; we didn’t feel the hard sell and I believe we came away from the consultation with a better understanding of the potential of installing solar, a good assessment of our current and potential needs and, I believe, a reasonable quote for a system that would meet these needs. It must be said, my wife and I were entertained by the whole experience!
On the day of installation, the crew were hardworking, efficient and demonstrated a great capacity for thinking on their feet, showing that they had a good grasp of the technology that they were dealing with. Well before the day end, we have a large 10.6 kW system installed and running and pumping ‘free’ power to the house. Again the guys were courteous and left a tidy, well installed system with no mess. Well done!
It is early days with this new system, but we are impressed with this passive power generating technology; the sun comes up and all our energy needs are easy met during the day. In Style Solar are pretty damned good at what they do and we would happily recommend these guys to install your solar. Well done!
Sales Rep Frank Luppino represented his company well. His knowledge on solar panels was exceptional. He spent time explaining step for step the process. The installers were friendly and left the site very clean. We had a minor glitch with the inverter not arriving on installation day but the next day our sparky Chris was on the mark with installation. Can’t wait to see the benefits. Show additional information
InStyle Solar provided an outstanding service to us - from the pre-installation check ups to the actual installation (which was done very efficiently and with great professionalism).

Not to mention the $$ saved, our power bills so far have gone from over $120+/month to $17!
The sales person was very nice and had great depth of knowledge. Show additional information
Awesome installers worked around one or two little issues unique to this job and quickly found the best way to get done the way I wanted. In the end the information from Solar Quote was invaluable and really just laid everything out there for a very informed investment. With the government involvement in rebates means there's heaps of sharks out to grab the money so information is vital. Show additional information
Bryan was my initial contact and he was very helpful in explaining everything that solar panels could do to negate my power bills and indeed add value to my property. The installation of the panels and inverter was completed by two professional gents and I'm happy now to know that my house is generating its own power and returning to the grid. Show additional information
We had a great Sales person Greg come in who went through everything including showing us the fine print of other installers we were considering that have extra cost items for things like working on 2 storey buildings and the like, he spent over 3 hours with us answering all our questions. I was originally meant to get an SG5KTL-D but on installation the team put in a SG5K-D which appears to be an upgrade or at least better looking it has an LCD interface(bonus) so that was nice, I did have a question that Greg answered quickly and the customer service rep also passed onto a manager who was meant to get back to me, not a major drama but that was the only customer service fail and the receptionist answered the call with an off putting tone. The Technical admin rep filled out the service works request form and promptly sent all documents I needed to pass onto my energy retailer, I haven't ended up with any extra or hidden cost dealing with Instyle and they photograph their installers and every item piece they installed and there is a warranty on their workmanship, overall I had a pleasant experience dealing with Instyle Solar the team from the Sales, Customer Service team , Technical Admin and Installers were fantastic. Show additional information
They took the time to go over and over the maths. kW and dollars etc. and over many options. Gave me plenty of information to review and think about. And time to consider it all.

I feel confident I am doing the right thing for my situation.
The installers left a roofing sheet off after finishing the installation. I only found it 4 days later when the ceiling in the lounge started showing water stains. It had rained each day since the install. They also left the unused roofing screws, electrical piping, glue and cigarette butt's on the roof. We also found unused roofing screws in the grass. The inverter has been set 2 hours out so the logging is wrong. We have spoken to them but they have not followed up. I can not recommend this company. I also feel the price did not match the quality. Show additional information
I'm paying $12,000 for a 6.6 kw system when I could be getting a similar system with same 10 year warranty for less then $4000. Not happy at all. Feel I've been ripped off. The way the salesperson explained it like the system will pay for itself in 5 years and my bill would drop dramatically yet I'm still getting $600 bills. No follow up from admin. Not happy at all. It's very depressing trying to struggle with repayments and high bill. Show additional information
Lack of response when enquiring about high power bill even with solar system installed.
Don't seem to care now they have our money..power bills have not reduced only increased.??? What is going on.?
Very explanatory and workmanship very good and time management excellent on Installation. Show additional information
Kathy Blackmore is our Solar Consultant and truly did a remarkable job of explaining the total process to us and followed this up with a 'Welcome Letter' via email, again explaining all the steps involved, including some 14 attachments specific to the System hardware we had chosen.
23 X Qcells - Q.Plus 285W for a Total of 6.55Kw
Fronius Primo 5.0-1 Inverter
Plus all the ancillary bits and pieces specific to our particular site situation.
The installation by Ben and Craig went smoothly and efficiently. We were very impressed with the final product, clean-up and polite courteous manner of the guys.
The System is running brilliantly. On the first full day of operation, we saw 5044Watts being generated on the Inverter viewing panel, with a total of 35.119Kw for the day. to say we are happy with this particular System is an understatement.
The support has been ongoing with contact to and from Kathy regarding the performance of the System as well as navigating the process of advising Providers and arranging for the change over of Meters etc.
Of the 3 quotes supplied, only 1 did an onsite visit but did not have the type of panels I was after, I found that Instyle Solar could provide exactly what I was looking for at a very competitive price to the previous 3 quotes. Show additional information
The people installing the system were courteous, friendly and professional. The work they did was first class. I am now enjoying the rewards of generating my own energy and sticking it to the power company's. Show additional information
A pleasure to deal with. Promises made were kept and no nasty surprises. Totally ethical. Show additional information
Provided a good quality system but after installation the customer service is absolutely disgraceful. Tried to get them to call back and even flagged it as URGENT but still no response. The owner of the company doesnt really care either. Show additional information
I had the misfortune to have an Instyle solar system fitted last week. During the installation the ventilation pipe to my plumbing system was cut off without my knowledge. As a result all the toilets in my house have backed up and I have excrement and water everywhere! I have contacted customer service and the installers but have had no response. About to move my family into a hotel until I can get an emergency plumber to fix the problem they created. Also trying to contact my insurers to get assessor to come out and assess the damage. Don't use these guys. They are cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show additional information
The sales people were very nice to deal with.
The installers were very efficient and did a good job.
Promised the world delivered at atlas
Not what they said
Offered poor option then sent payment demand knowing what they installed was far from what was promised would not match their calculation salesman was not able to design workable solution and was bullied by installers now my roof is compromised and my panels sit in shade most of day
After a week they bothered to phone back and discuss but said that was too bad really !
Sold me a solution that they could not deliver and will not work . Yet to be solved ! Plans should’ve checked before they turn up at your door
Speed of installation was remarkably good. Promises made were kept. Time between agreement and installation was better than agreed.
Salesman always available for any questions we had.
After sales service and follow up was great. We feel like someone's looking after us.
We still haven't had it turned on and we can not get anyone to call us back! Show additional information
Early days yet as waiting for Meter change. Show additional information
Thanks !! Show additional information
Cannot complain about anything as from the very start with InStyle Solar Rep Kathy ,the service and her knowledge on solar that she provided us with was absolutely brilliant.

Thank you to the admin staff for keeping us informed with timings on when works was to be performed on the site, it was very much appreciated.

Well done to the tradies and assistants who worked on the site , they were professional at carrying out the job to ensure that the solar was installed.

Sean, thank you for going out of your way to come out and organise the InStyle Solar app so we can see how our solar is working for us on our mobile . Love it.

Very Happy Customers
Regards
Wayne and Shari
Did not attend twice on agreed date due to issues with installers but did take money off cost to compensate for inconvenience. Show additional information