Liberated Energy Reviews

About Liberated Energy, Solar Installers

Liberated Energy
Silver Partner
Liberated Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 42 624 750 983  ABN active since 01 Mar 2018 | Liberated Energy Solutions Pty Ltd
ACN: 624 750 983  ACN active since 01 Mar 2018 | Liberated Energy Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 322922C Liberated Energy Solutions Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $9,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Liberated Energy is a full-service electrical contracting company that specialises in the design and installation of solar power and battery storage for residential and commercial customers in Sydney and surrounds. We strive for excellence in the electrical, solar power and battery storage space and achieve this by going above and beyond the industry standard. Complying to all relevant codes and practices.

Liberated Energy takes an honest and transparent approach when it comes to giving our customers a better understanding of a solar system's value. You will be able to find indicative pricing on our website, but keep in mind every house and business are different and sometimes present their own challenges that our designers and installers can solve with you.

Liberated Energy Solar Reviews

Great experience end to end. Matt took the time to walk through the pros and cons of each inverter system and panels. Pricing, payback etc all clearly laid out in the quotes

Very professional from start to finish - a really great experience Show additional information

Professional, knowledgeable and trustworthy

Everything ran smoothly from the quotation visit, to installation and follow up communications. Matt from Liberated Energy was generous with his time in answering all questions I had, and provided information in a way that was professional, factual and informative. The price was competitive and the installation process ran on time and swiftly. Show additional information

Fantastic service from beginning to end

From Solar Quotes through to our 3 quotes and follow up from Finn Peacock the service was excellent. Solar quotes online website tells you everything you need to know before going ahead. We went with Liberated Energy asvthey wete the most professional in the selling of their product. Would highly recommend. Show additional information

A positive experience

Matt visited the house and did a full assessment of our site and our needs and explained what we needed to know about the products available and the installation process. He was able to answer any questions we had.
The installers arrived on time and worked efficiently towards completing the job on the day. They were very polite and explained what they were doing as they proceeded. They left the site tidy at the end of the day.
The customer service was excellent with updates on what was happening and necessary information prior to install. They contacted our electricity provider to make sure of a smooth process for the changeover.

Thank you Matt, Cate and the Liberated Energy crew

I can’t rate Liberated Energy highly enough. From the start Matt and his crew were professional & courteous. The installation was hampered due to bad weather but Matt came out with a full crew (4 guys) and stayed until 6.30pm to ensure the job was done. The system looks great and works flawlessly. Thank you Matt & Cate for a stress free installation. Show additional information

Very Happy

Very happy with the whole process. Very informative on options available to us, offering clear to understand solar production and savings outcomes based on four system configurations, and quotes for same.

Installation was completed in a professional and prompt manner, place left clean after install, the staff punctual and friendly.

Exceptional customer service and organised grid connect. Thank you to Matt, Cate & rest of LiberatedEnergy team.

Professional and Courteous installation

Punctual attendance to organise the quote. Very helpful with follow up inquires and seeking further information and clarification. Office support professional and courteous.
Installation went well. Informative and assisted with setting up the App and how to use. Installers attended on time, cleaned up afterwards and returned on time and date specified.
Matt and Cate were very helpful with follow up information and clarification of issues.
One of the main bench marks I use when determining how good a service is the follow up service once the job is done. Liberated were outstanding at answering my inquiries and assisting with further information after the installation occurred.
thanks Liberated.
cheers
Brad

Great service and follow up!

We decided to install solar around March this year and used SolarQuotes for 3 providers. One of which was Liberated Energy and they stood out for us. Matt came out to provide the quote right at the start of COVID and covered all of our questions. He was then great in following up to see how we were doing.

We decided to pause due to COVID but at the start of December were now ready to go. Matt very quickly took our feedback and questions and updated our options for us.

Matt and Cate then managed to squeeze us in for installation before Christmas and literally the next business day started work. Their installation team was very efficient and they even took down our monstrous TV aerial that was no longer being used and removed all waste/rubbish.

At all times they were very punctual in following up on any questions/queries and it is great to see such an efficient family owned business operating like this!

We would not hesitate to recommend Liberated Energy, 4 times 5 stars!

Fantastic company and excellent service

Matt promptly did the on site inspection, spent lots of time helping and explaining to us the system that is more suitable for us. He was also very patient in answering all our follow questions.

On installation day, the team arrived promptly and were friendly and easy to talk with. They provided excellent service, very tidy and clean up before they go. They are very professional and glad that I chose Liberated Energy.

Exellent pre-sales (product knoweldge, flexible with quotes and answering questions) and installation (on time, careful and respectful)

After understanding the basics of solar from SolarQuotes, I received three quotes from different installers. Whilst they were different in certain areas, eg size of organisation, there were not significant differentiators on paper.

However, when they visited my home and talked more about the panels and inverters, each offering became clearer and the SolarQuotes Checklist provided a clear view on how they compared.

I found one stand out installer, Liberated Energy for the following reasons:

1. Pre-Sales
- Product knowledge: I ask a lot of questons and Matt knew every answer. One other pre-sale guy, didnt know the answers
- Flexibility: Due to lack of buying solar knowldge, I requested a number of changes and Matt was happy to re-quote and this helped fine tune the best mix of inverter and panels for me and my home.
- Honesty: Matt was open and honest about the various options, pros and cons

2. Installation
- Clear communication: From Cate in the office on what to expect on the day and what to prepare before
- Team arrived on time and respectful of noise, power going off, etc. They care about the quality of work.
- Hard working: The team installed on a hot day and put simply, they were grafters. Great crew.

3. SMB
- Liberated Energy is a small, owned and operated installer, who care about what they do, provide great service and only install quality inverters and panels. They do this for a very reasonable price. I would happily recommend them to family or friends.

After much converation, quoting and consderation I went with Solar Edge inverter and REC panels. The SolarEdge app rocks and provides amazing energy use data. I'm looking forward to getting the bills costing data to compare the $$ with the energy import and export data from the app.

As the kids use more electrity when they grow up and with temperatures rising, I'm super happy to have Solar installed! Thanks Liberated Energy!

Five stars times four

Thanks to Liberated Energy, we are now very happy owners of a 7,35kW high-end system (21 REC Solar Alpha 350W black frame and SolarEdge Inverter incl. P505 Power Optimisers.

>>>Our experience with Matt & Cate Hartmann and the install team has been second to none!<<<

And there are many reasons (in chronological order):
1) Matt was very consultative, knowledgeable and concise in the initial meeting. No salesy, fluffy stuff, but straight to the point. Good listener too.
2) Very competitive pricing (have to say all three installer proposals were in a very narrow bandwith). But Liberated Energy's proposal stood out in terms of professionalism and comprehensive approach. Matt didn't even charge for the removal of the old panels, not sure if this was deliberate or not ;-)
3) The install team was highly motivated and professional, a real good bunch of tradies. It was a super hot day (definitely on the partial tin roof) and they smashed the install in less than a day. Bear in mind, they had to remove the old panels first and there was an issue with the rail install on the tiled roof section. But no worries for the boys as they just got on with the job.
4) And guess what? Less than 12 hours later the production/usage etc data was already popping up on my SolarEdge app. I couldn't believe it.
4) Then there is Cate from their office who has been ultra supportive with all the admin things, retailer handover etc. and also prepared a very handy system user's manual.

The entire process has been professionally managed and it went absolutely flawless from A to Z. And there is also a very personal touch which makes the difference.

My wife and I 100% recommend Liberated Energy to you if you are serious about solar.

Thanks again Team Liberated Energy!

Great company - would highly recommend.

The process of getting quotes for solar panels can be very overwhelming. Matt was the least pushy sales person and by far the best communicator. Other companies put a lot of pressure on, but Matt communicated clearly and answered any questions I had in plan English.

They had installed within 2 weeks of me accepting the quote.

The installers were quick, efficient and tidy.

We're still in the process of getting our electricity company to organise the new metre for the feed in tariffs, but Matt and Cate gave us all the information we needed and sent off all the relevant documents to our power supplier.

All in all, a great, painless experience and we're very happy with the result. I've already referred them to friends and family.

Making Solar Installations Great Again!

The process of procuring a solar system can be quite convoluted, not transparent, and filled with tons of aggressive salespeople. That was what we found when all we wanted was to install a system to produce our own energy. Matt, who runs the business and is a sparky as well, made the process easy. He sat down to explain to us the different options available.

What we ended up getting might not be as cheap as the ads you get on social media touting a 6kW system for under $4k, but we knew we were getting a high quality system with some of the best components available in the market.

Cate helped manage the whole process once we put our deposit down, and the team that came by on the day to install the system was friendly, polite, punctual and kept us in the loop the whole time.

Great customer service

Liberated Energy installed a Sunpower & Enphase system. What drew me to their quote over the others I received was the competitive price but more than that it was the only company of the four that quoted which did not provide any pressure to buy from them. I find high pressure sales tactics a complete turnoff. I dealt with the company owner instead of a sales team which I liked also. The customer service was excellent and the installation very neat. I highly recommend them based on my experience. Show additional information

Highly recommended

Matt and Cate were very efficient and kept us up to date with the progress of our order.

The team that installed the panels were excellent and very friendly.

The system was up and running on the day of installation.

So excited to have our solar installed and really happy with the service provided by Liberated Energy. Would recommend Liberated Energy to anyone considering going solar.

Highly Recommended

Thanks to Matt and the team for their friendly, personal service. It was a great experience from quoting right through to installation and I'm very happy with the system. I'd highly recommend Liberated Energy if you are in Sydney. Show additional information

Great service - very knowledgeable!

Highly recommend Matt and the team at Liberated Energy. We just had our solar panels installed and the team was very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Matt was super patient and helpful as we were deciding and not at all pushy like some other salesmen who provided quotes. We were very happy with the whole process! Show additional information

Terrific local business/installer

I strongly recommend Matt and the team from Liberated Energy to anyone looking at installing solar.

Matt took the time to take us through everything we needed to know when choosing a solar system, provided a number of quotes for suitable systems and was happy to provide an alternative quote on a system that better suited our budget. There were no surprises throughout the process and the day of installation occurred exactly as outlined, the installation team are all friendly, polite and professional who got in and got the job done efficiently and cleanly.

Matt and the team have been terrific to deal with and we are thrilled with our new system, don't hesitate to give them a call!

Great Solar Install Service

Just had an upgrade/replacement of my very old solar system with a new Solar Edge 7.5kW one from Liberated Energy. Matt was extremely knowledge and stepped me through the options and all the details. I also went out to get a other quotes but Liberated Energy came back the most competitive whilst still using high quality panels and inverter. Matt was also was very patient (I like to research everything and ask a lot of questions) and his team of installers were very friendly and professional. They did a great job of hiding the cabling making it look very tidy. Would definitely recommend Liberated. Show additional information

Very happy with our new solar panels

Matt came to do site inspection very promptly and spent over an hour helping us to decide on system best for us. He was endlessly patient when I rang with follow up questions.
Matt and his team arrived promptly on the day of installation - they were tidy and efficient, all team members were friendly and considerate. Installation of panels and battery was excellent. I had some follow up questions regarding the app which we use to monitor the system and again Matt was helpful and knowledgeable. Overall we are really happy with our system and glad we chose Liberated Energy.

Great installation and information supplied

Liberated energy Matt and the crew were very helpful from day one. There was no pressure to use their company. Matt explained the installation process and benefits of having solar panels. The day went with the team arriving right on time and with no problems. The installation was completed on time. I will Definitely recommend Liberated Energy to my friends, neighbours etc
Gary

Awesome service

Really informative initially with a no pressure attitude! Very organised and smooth installation! Thanks Matt Show additional information

Fantastic Freshwater Install

I have researched Solar solution for a few years now - having a very challenging house with a 56 degree slope - and a massive electrical bill, I finally found my answer to all queries and also to do the install.

Matt and his Team in Liberated have impressed me with their knowledge, efficiency and professionalism - these are rare assets to be found in 2020

Our Solar system (9.6kW) produces 45kWh on a good sunny August day - cutting back on our electrical bill

Also great customer service and no hidden ‘extras’ and very knowledgeable

Highly recommended, Liberated Energy

Everything has been as expected

Matt from Liberated Energy has explained what should be expected well, answered all of my questions both upfront and along the way and, today, installed the system as he said he would.

The team working with Matt to do the installation have also not disappointed. They have been clean, courteous and prompt. Once again, as expected and how it should be.

Too many times the basic expectation of a provider of goods or services delivering on what they say they will do is not met. Matt, and Liberated Energy have explained what I should expect, and delivered.

great service and quality product

great service and professional. would highly recommend. Matthew and team are on time, clean, very good communication skills, honest and trustworthy. Show additional information

solid stuff

all very good, no questions unanswered
very professional and customer is happy

Great Outcome

Having done a quantity of research I had a number of questions about how components relate to each other, how to assess quality and how to determine what was right for us. Liberated Energy answered all my questions and provided advice on where I could find further independent information.

Installation was straight forward and efficient. Liberated arrived on the agreed day and completed the entire process over two days. All mess was cleaned at the end of each day and the propeety was left spotless.

Liberated also provided advice and assistance in dealing with my energy supplier / retailer to ensure that all changes were made by the time installation was completed.

I have no hesitation in endorsing Liberated Energy for anyone looking to investigate and install solar on their residential property.

Great customer service and communication.

Matt was fantastic in explaining the pro’s and con’s of the different available systems and provided us with a quote on 2 different options. Not just hard selling the most expensive one. Unlike some other quotes we got, I found Matt’s quote to be comprehensive and easy to understand. When we decided to go ahead with the quote Matt informed us that our original system will not be in stock for some time due to COVID. He then provided us with different options again. In the end he was able to source a higher grade system which was in stock and was flexible enough to work with our budget which was close to the original quote provided. That’s true customer service and flexibility! Matt and his team was punctual and even stayed behind after the installation to sort out technical issues with linking the monitoring system to our wi-fi. Thanks Matt and team at Liberated Energy, we are very happy with the solar system and enjoying the savings! Show additional information

A happy customer

Matt and his team were great. Matt came and quoted, offering the most competitive quote for a very good system. He followed up, scheduled the installation, the crew arrived and completed the work with no trouble. Very happy to recommend, and I have done so offline to a few of my friends. Show additional information

Very Impressive installer/supplier

I highly recommend Liberated Energy. I used solar quotes to increase my knowledge in solar systems and installers and carried out other research as well. I took advantage of the 3 quotes and LE popped up as one of these. I also sought a 4th quote from the top rated installer in Sydney. Matt from LE took the time to do a site visit before quoting (not all installers did this). Matt was very professional and knowledgeable and answered all our questions. The quote came in at a very reasonable price for Solaredge inverter and SunPower panels. We had pool solar and was originally working around this, but in the end we decided It was more cost effective and energy efficient to remove this (and replace with a heat pump at a later date) and use the entire roof space for solar panels. Matt was very patient and helpful with our many questions through our decision process. Once we agreed on the system, an install date was given to us within a week, for 3 weeks away. The team arrived on time, worked hard over the 1 day install and was up and running by the end of the day. Very happy with the quality product recommended and very professional install. Highly recommend LE Show additional information

Terrific Service

We are very happy with our solar panels and the energy being saved but particularly impressed with the service by Matt and the team. No i didn't know Matt before Solar quotes introduced us. Matt and the team were professional and tidy with the install. i can't even see the panels unless i go looking for them. Matt offered good advice, was up to-date with his information and had one of the more comprehensive quoting tools to provide insight as to how the energy payback and feed in tariffs worked. They turned up when they said they would and were responsive to rectify a minor issue in the setup. Would highly recommend them.
Darren

Dealt directly with the installer

Matt is a registered electrician and installer. From his initial visit to our home he stated factual reasons why he made his solar system recommendations but was still open and flexible to our requirements. Matt was patient, working with us to make sure we were comfortable at each step in the process. When you start investigating Solar Energy there is no shortage of conflicting stories so it was important to my wife and I that we engaged someone we could trust both now and in the future should we want to further upgrade or make a maintenance claim, which can happen to any system. We ended up with an 8kWh SolarEdge Inverter SE8000H and 24 SolarEdge SPV300-60MMJ Panels for reasons of warranty vs payback period, our roof being in partial shade during the year and to position us for a battery upgrade in the future, if that option becomes viable. On the day of the installation Matt and his team arrived onsite, they were all very courteous and worked quickly to get the equipment in place. The afternoon was extremely windy so the final install was completed when the weather improved. All waste was removed from site by the team, even the expected couple of terracotta tiles that are bound to break. We are now generating solar power and Liberated Energy are helping guide us through the grid connection with AGLSolar. We are happy to recommend Matt and Liberated Energy to anyone considering a Solar Energy purchase and installation. We are also happy to offer proof of purchase should anyone considering Liberated Energy request it. Show additional information

Highly recommend Liberatef Energy Solutions

Very satisfied customer.
Matt from Liberated Energy Solutions was very personable professional and had a great work ethic. Answered all my questions thoroughly and installation went perfectly.