Solarnova

Solarnova Reviews

Solarnova is a Solar Power Installation business based in Manly NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solarnova Reviews (6)

4.3/5

4.0/5

A $35k system with battery that doesn’t work!

Solaredge used by Solarnova to install and supply inverter. After system and battery installed, the inverter failed after 2 hours and second inverter I stalled and it failed after a couple of hours and 9 days on still nothing from Solaredge “who are working on problem” but have not responded.
I have a $35K plus lemon - no solar!

Great installation under difficult circumstances

Solarnova was the only company who actually came out to visit. Maz (the rep) really knows his stuff when it comes to panels and batteries.
The weather was very unpredictable and they still got the roof work done on time.
The installation, connection and integration of the battery was completely seemless.

Great company to work with - Fast, efficient, cost effective and top quality workmanship

I would highly recommend Maz and his team at Solarnova.

When we moved to a new house we wanted to install solar from the outset, to get the lifetime value. And do the right thing. The challenge was we knew nothing about solar. After extensive research, getting lost and found again based on product offering, warranties provided, workmanship, customer service, trust and cost it was Solarnova that stood out from the rest.

What we found in working with Maz and SolarNova and why we would recommend them
- Informed. Maz, as owner of the company took the time to understand our needs and offer informed advice
- Personal service. Prompt return of phone calls, emails and update to quotes when asked
- Cost. Competitive price for comparable solar system.
- Quality installation and 10 year warranty on workmanship. Site visit pre, during and post to check and ensure best fit to property. This was essential for us in a new home
- Attention to detail from start to finish. Connected the system to wifi, tested and ensured we know how to make the most of the system, and use the app
- Admin and payment was straight forward and no hassle. Gave confidence given the investment
- Timely in installation. Fully operational system from first contact in just 6 weeks.
- Seamless process, made easier (and nicer) by good people doing great work. Maz was great throughout.

Solarnova is a supplier you can trust, with the expertise you need and quality workmanship you should expect. This is why I highly recommend Solarnova

Excellent experience across the board

I just wanted to share my experience in enquiring, ordering and having installed a solar system by SolarNova.

Enquiring:

I ran my enquiry through SolarChoice and SolarNova was one of 3 companies to respond. SolarNova were the only company where a person actually visited my property and listened carefully to all my needs. Ben Sheer was my sales Consultant and demonstrated an excellent understanding of the technology as well as having great communication skills to explain the various options with pro’s and con’s.

In the end my solution design was an east/west facing combination with 18 panels (6.6KW) and a SolarEdge inverter with optimisers on Trinia panels. In this way we capture morning and afternoon sun allowing air-conditioning to be powered during the day to keep the house cool through summer.

Ordering:
Pricing was competitive and represented good value. Following the order and deposit installation was scheduled 3 weeks afterwards. The documentation describing the solution was very clear with all makes/models of the system components specified with warranty periods.

Installation:
A team of 3 installed the system quickly and efficiently. The quality of work was excellent with all cabling run through cavities, roof cabling run through conduit and the sarking neatly cut. 2 tiles were broken and replaced in the process. Whilst the whole system is 18 panels only 17 were delivered due to a mistake at the supplier. This was rectified and the additional panel installed 2 days later with little fuss. Whilst keeping me informed along the way.

Final commissioning of the system then took place a day later with the web based monitoring being brought online and the strings configured to represent the physical layout on the roof.

Overall I would highly recommend the SolarEdge solution paired with the trivia panels and optimisers. Each panel is able to be monitored separately which allows for any string faults to be identified and fixed quickly.

The team and process from SolarNova were excellent.

Knowledgeable salesman / engineer

Talking to the salesman I was able to get straight answer and suggestions.
Install was delaid several times and with that communication skills could have been better.
Quality of install was good to excellent.
However communicating to the actual installers was difficult at times as only 2 of them spoke English.

Solarnova Manly

Very informative house call for quoting
Good follow up between sale and installation
Good to have a local company with fair pricing
Good follow up post installation