• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

True Value Solar Reviews

About True Value Solar, Solar Installers

True Value Solar is one of Australia's largest solar installation companies. But big is not necessarily better, and in my opinion they are nowhere near to being the best.

They don’t have the worst reputation of a large solar installation company in Australia. But my opinion of True Value Solar is still not good.

While they are better than they used to be, as recently as April 2016 the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) took action on account of their business practices.

They still have long way to go before SolarQuotes would ever recommend them as an installer.

When reading reviews and looking at ratings for True Value Solar, be aware that they have been investigated by the ACCC for paying customers for positive reviews, so there are definitely grounds for suspicion about any review rating totals you see for them.

True Value Solar Today Tonight Exposé

The True Value Solar company was founded in 2009 and did not get off to a good start. This Today Tonight segment from 2011 exposes True Value Solar forging signatures and performing incompetent and potentially dangerous installations.

True Value Solar Improperly Claimed 9,661 Renewable Energy Certificates

On the 2nd of June 2011 the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator required an enforceable undertaking from True Value Solar for creating 219 Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGCs) they were not entitled to between 22 January 2010 and 26 August 2010.

True Value Solar was required to:

“...compensate for the creation of the certificates.”

I presume this means they were required to surrender 219 certificates that had been created.

True Value Solar was hit with a second enforceable undertaking for the creation of 9,442 Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) they were not entitled to between 13 October 2010 and 23 March 2011.

The Office Of The Renewable Energy Regulator stated:

“True Value Solar (Vic) Pty Ltd was not entitled to create those Certificates - namely, the units were not designed and installed by the person who was nominated as the accredited installer for the purposes of the creation of the Certificates.”

True Value Solar was required to have an independent accredited installer return to check the installations in question and ensure they met the requirements for the issue of certificates.

True Value Solar ACCC Infringement Notices For Misleading Advertising

In January 2011 True Value Solar advertised a 1.52 kilowatt solar system as being a 3 kilowatt system. In other words they stated it was twice as large as it actually was. That is like a butcher giving you one kilogram of steak and charging you for two.

As a result, they were investigated by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and issued with infringement notices totalling $13,200.

ACCC chairman Rod Sims stated:

"Companies need to ensure that their advertised claims accurately reflect the product or service being offered."

The ACCC has reported that True Value Solar has acknowledged its advertising was likely to have contravened Australian Consumer Law. Personally, I am sure as hell that selling one kilogram of steak as two kilograms and selling a 1.52 kilowatt solar system as a 3 kilowatt system contravenes Australian Consumer Law. As far as I am concerned there is nothing “likely” about it. It is bloody obvious.

True Value Solar also undertook a court enforceable undertaking regarding misleading advertising, which means they would be in more trouble if they did something similar again. But it appears they did not learn their lesson and were investigated by the ACCC again in 2016 for paying customers to provide favourable reviews.

True Value Solar Is Owned By German Company M+W

In 2011 the German engineering firm M+W purchased 65% of True Value Solar and in 2013 they acquired the remaining 35%. Why they did this I do not know. But M+W started off in 1912 making ventilation systems, so maybe they are just nostalgic about things that suck.

The letters M+W used to stand for Meissner and Wurst. As True Value Soar has improved since the Germans took over it appears that taking a turn for the Wurst has made things better. However, they have not improved nearly enough to rehabilitate their reputation as far as I can see.

M+W is a large engineering firm involved mostly in electronics but also in both solar and nuclear power, which is an interesting mix. As a large multinational company they definitely have a vested interest in maintaining a good reputation, so I would like more people to be aware that True Value Solar is owned by M+W and its behaviour reflects upon them.

True Value Solar ACCC Investigation Into Paying For Positive Reviews

In 2015 True Value Solar began offering a free solar system servicing for which they would normally charge $199 to customers who wrote reviews. They only made this available to people who said their experiences were positive and they did not disclose that these reviews had been paid for.

After being contacted by the ACCC in April 2016 True Value Solar discontinued this particular example of paying for positive reviews. Of course it would have been nice if they didn't need the ACCC to tell them they shouldn't be doing this kind of thing.

True Value Solar Fake Reviews From Eastern Europe

The SolarQuotes site has received fake positive reviews for True Value Solar from Eastern Europe. There is no way to know that anyone at True Value Solar had anything to do with these fake reviews, but it is not a good sign. Sending fake reviews about solar companies to Australia is probably not the sort of thing Eastern European teenagers do for a laugh.

True Value Solar Bosch Inverters

At the time of writing in July 2016 True Value Solar advertising prominently features German made Bosch inverters. But while they were German made, they are no longer made anymore as Bosch has discontinued them. This is not to say they aren’t good inverters and Bosch will still back its 5 year warranty, but people should be aware that Bosch inverters are now a thing of the past. It appears that True Value Solar has bought a very large consignment of them at a low price and it will be interesting to see how long they can manage to keep using them.

True Value Solar Panels

True Value Solar Panels include quality, tier 1 brands. However, they have also used panels that are not tier one on any list that I am aware of. If you use True Value Solar, make sure the panels they install are of good quality.

Servicing True Value Solar Panels

True Value Solar recommends having their rooftop solar systems serviced every two years and as of writing they currently charge $250 for this service. In my opinion no rooftop solar system that is competently installed needs to be serviced every two years. For peace of mind I'd recommend getting it checked every 5 years, but every two years is a waste of money and suggesting they need such regular servicing is fleecing the customer in my book.

True Value Solar Prices

True Value Solar's prices are low. This is how they bring customers in. While bringing down the cost of solar power is a wonderful thing, it only makes sense if quality is maintained. In my experience a low cost system is often a false economy that results in more expenses down the line.

The good news is the average quality of True Value Solar's installations appear to have improved since they were taken over by M+W. Their prices are also no longer quite so low, compared to the competition, as they were. If the extra expense is going towards more competent and reliable installations, and better service then that is all for the good.

True Value Solar Is Not A SolarQuotes Client

SolarQuotes has never recommended True Value Solar as an installer through our ‘Get Quotes’ service. Our goal is to make sure people have a great experience buying solar and, in my opinion, recommending them won’t help us achieve that.

The good news about True Value Solar is that they seem to have become better over time. But they can’t seem to shake off all their bad habits. They were dinged just recently (April 2016) by the ACCC for paying for positive reviews.

If they could lay off the unethical behaviour and continue improving the quality of their installations and service then I’d encourage them to do that. But they are still a long way from becoming an installer I’d recommend to friends.

Full Disclosure: SolarQuotes is a commercial site, albeit one run by a solar enthusiast. We make money by referring you to installers we trust, if you ask for quotes through this site. When we make a referral we get paid by the installer. We have about 200 solar installer clients throughout Australia that we've built up slowly since 2009. These clients pay us every month for those referrals whether they result in a sale or not. True Value Solar have asked about becoming a client, but we have always turned them down because we would not be comfortable referring them to our friends, so we won't refer them via this site. In the spirit of transparency, True Value Solar are welcome to respond to our criticism, and we'll link to that response here.

True Value Solar Solar Reviews

I've tried for months to get these guys to repair the system which has a faulty invertor. I really notice the difference in the power bills.

Time to go the ombudsman and all the pain involved in that.
3 phone calls 3 emails, all say will get back to you shortly
Result, no return contact. System drawing 200w instead of 1500 to 2000w according to inspector
After sales service is terrible! I asked them to service my system and all the guy did was look at the lights in the power box and say, yeah it's working and then left. Had the hide to charge me too. Show additional information
We had a faulty DC isolator, which took six months to get fixed and no one will speak to us about compensation.
We had to have our solar turned off all through summer in case it burnt our house down.
True value totally incompetent Show additional information
I returned to my previous installer True Value Solar who provide 6.2 Kw panels with a 5kW inverter for $4,300, which was professionally installed last week. Show additional information
System installed by a Franchise from Rockhampton. Had to upgrade switchboard as a part of the process. Hot water System was wired incorrectly into normal tariff circuit and not off peak. Took 2 months of chasing up and $$$ in extra electricity cost which was never refunded.

System ran fine for 2 yrs and then the Franchisee contacted me to conduct a clean and inspection $300 to maintain my warranty which i payed for and was completed. However I never received the promised thermal camera images or customer report on system.

3 Yrs later I organised a local solar panel installer to clean the panels and inspect them. After cleaning they issued me a report informing me that 11 of the Panels in my array had Microfractures and where a fire hazard.

I immediately contacted the Franchisee who told me to contact True Value Solar for the Warranty.

I contacted True Value Solar and forwarded them the Report re the Microfractures and was informed that in their opinion the damage was only cosmetic.

2 Months later my Inverter Failed. As it was out of Warranty I asked True Value to Quote me a new Inverter. Which they did but with the Caveat that an installer had to come from Brisbane to install it. (at $1000) I purchased and had installed an inverter from a Local Supplier. However on installation they found that one of the Strings of Panels had an Isolation Fault and was not supplying Power.

I have been constantly trying to get True Value to come and look at my panels and accept that their is an issue. They do not respond to emails and are nearly impossible to get on the phone. Their support number asks you to leave a message and then just hangs up before you can leave anything. They demanded a $250 service fee to come and look at the panels but even though I have payed it over a month ago they have not acknowledged receipt of the payment or organised anyone to come and inspect. I have even contacted the Office of Fair Trading in QLD who have been trying to contact True Value on my Behalf and they have been having the same issue regarding response to emails etc.

Email received after 6 months of back an forth states that True Value don't have a record of the order and that I need to contact the Franchisee in regards to the Warranty. I have installation documents clearly stating it was True Value.

This delay is costing me $1000's of dollars in input credits at 44c.

They have over the course of discussion, Questioned Electrical Engineers/Installers Reports, Denied I was a Customer, Provided me with BOM analysis from another (Southern) state as proof of panels working ok, Questioned my Analysis or BOM Data which later proved to be correct. Stated that Warranty on System was voided because I replaced components (The Inverter). When Quoting on replacement Inverter include travel from Brisbane to Gladstone ($1000). Accused Licenced Electrician who replaced the Inverter of damaging the System (Even though it was not working prior to changeout)
I feel ripped off! Don't Support True Value
Unable to get original installation issues sorted out after 7 months.
Still haven't received all of the miles promised after 7 months
System goes down 3-4 times a week with VAC error. True Value has not sent anyone to investigate
Monitoring was linked to incorrect property and only resolved after months
Consumption monitoring not working due to incorrect part on installation
True value does not follow up on Calls ... NEVER EVER ... not one in 10 calls
Call centre says it does not work today (Weekday - Monday)
Wait up to 30 minutes to get them to answer phone
We had 4 properties booked for installation.2 moth after taking the deposit for one nothing happened.I asked for my deposit back -they withhold ~$150
One property had rooftiles left out -my rooms got flooded in Jan 18, today is 1st of May.Till today they have not taken any responsibility.They do comunicate.Check this email out. This is email number 72.Yes 72 email in 3 month from them and no responsibility.I am reporting them today to Vcat.Enough of this lies!!!!!!!!!

Dear Elvira,
I’ve received an update from our insurance.
Our claims advisor will be in contact with you in relation to policy indemnity, requests for further information, and what steps Zurich will be taking in the future management of this claim within 10 business days.
Due to the long tail nature of this claim, we will provide you with updates on this claim every 60 business days, or earlier should important developments arise.
I will update you when I receive more. You may receive a call before I do though.

Kind regards,
Teresa
(Full Name Withheld)
Customer Care Manager
P 13 SOLAR (13 7652) | Ext (Withheld)
W www.truevaluesolar.com.au
E (Withheld)@truevaluesolar.com.au
A 8/170-180 Rooks Road Vermont Victoria 3133
True Value Solar have no customer service. I am still waiting for a date for an installer to instal the replacement inverter. First contacted on the 16th March by phone. Reminder calls are ignored. Emails are ignored. New inverter just sitting there. I am losing "solar time" when faulty inverter not working. Lousy service. Show additional information
On the day of installation, I mentioned to the installer that I have concerns regarding shading if the panels were placed where they we installed, only to be told, "we know what we are doing".
Guess what, my panels are shaded in the morning for 1.5 hours and 2 hours in winter. I tried to explain to True Value Solar and even supplied photos of the shading. I was asked to record my average daily power generation over a set time, which I did, only to be told that the system is generating above the minimum specified, so they are not going to do anything about it.
So if you want a system that generates barely above minimum and you don't want the most efficient system, go with True Value Solar.
So far good. It is early days yet. Show additional information
Our Solar has now been turned off for over 4 months and our summer months too due to faulty isolation switches i reckon we would have lost over $600 in this time of credits and are still waiting for this to be rectified just not good enough and they just fob you off . Show additional information
They were quick to advise I upgrade my inverter to 5kw so i can easily and according to the salesman cheap to upgrade later. Lesson here get that info in writing. Very quick to get an installer to arrange to install it. 2 and half years later I have two faulty panels. Everyone hates dealing with those overseas call centres but they give a far far superior customer service that True Value Solar. (Sarcasm.) your are in a queue for at least 35 to 40 minutes. I kept calling back, sending pictures and being told they didn’t get them, then being told it can be up to 4 to 6 weeks. I called week 5, just brushed off with it is in progress. Week 6 still nothing. Emailed an angry but not abusive complaint and got the customer service manger telling me the panels have to be ordered even though I was told two weeks before they had been sent to the warehouse in Qld. Finally the job was given to a sub contractor to fix. They weren’t happy about giving me his number and i called him, he is also getting the run around by them. He called them on my claim and next thing i get an email telling me it will take two to three weeks before it is repaired and then told me to resist from contacting the repairer. He called me back to say call him anytime. Well i am into week 4 and nothing. The repair guy is getting the run around. This started at the end of Jan 2018 but had to resend pictures, as claimed they were not received, so resent at the beginning of Feb 2018. Really really poor and substandard service. If only I knew this I would never had purchased from them. I should have recorded a sales person as i called to ask about adding panels just to see how quick I get through to the sales team and see if the price was cheap and I am told the energy companies wont let that happen as it was installed before some date his listed as systems need some special device. His answer to what am i supposed to do based on buying a bigger inverter was buy a new unit. I found out I can install more panels but a supplier wouldn’t get the government rebates if they installed more panels so updating the complete system becomes the option. Still this will be classed as hear say since I didn’t have it recorded.
At the end if the day find a local installer, asked around who is good as the ongoing lack of service is very painful.
i DID NOT CHOOSE YOUR SUPPLIER BECAUSE MY WIFE HAD ALREADY PAID A DEPOSIT TO TRUE VALUE SOLAR OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE USED YOUR CONTACT Show additional information
They advertise one price for servicing their product, but because we are not in a capital city, the price is about double. Then they tell you, that you can't have anyone else service the product or your warranty is void. Found that one of our panels is damaged, likely from the instal 4 years ago. As we had our roof replaced and the contractor had the panels removed, they would not honour warranty. Were not interested in listening to me. Fair Trading managed to get the promise of a new panel, but I will have to pay install... they will not. So... happy to take your money in the beginning, but don't follow through on customer service or warranty Show additional information
They have devalued my house by not placing the panels to the rear of my flat roof. You cannot see panels from rear of house but from street view all you see is the ugly underside of 9 panels. I’m extremely upset and emotionally it has destroyed me. I cry about it every time I drive up to the house. I’m on a disability pension so I can’t afford to move panels or remove the panels. True Value \Solar have informed me twice that they will move for a fee but roof will have holes in it. Even though the work order was to rear of roof. I’m thinking of suing. I also can’t get a smart meter as they neglected to install something that allows that installation of a smart meter. Was told it would take six months to get bit installed. That was 2014. Never heard back from them. Hence I still don’t have a smart meter. Show additional information
TVS appear to operate by a very unscrupulous business model. Sell rubbish quality equipment as quick as you can then don't answer the phone.
In 4 years we have had 4 Inverter failures taking weeks to months to resolve each time. Our last Inverter began playing up Dec 15'. I called Dec, Jan, Feb, March then two of the three panel arrays blew off the roof in May 16'. The system was turned off and it has gone back and forth with TVS, the Installers and Insurers.
Result - 18mths later I am going to Court to have the system removed.
Altogether an entirely unpleasant experience made worse by the miserable behaviour of TVS.
Bosch Inverter died after 6 months I’ve lodged the warranty forms they emailed me back saying it would be fixed in 3-6 weeks it’s now been 10 weeks and I’ve called them three times after the six weeks passed each time they told me they would get back to me with a date and I’ve still not heard anything back from all three phone calls. 10 weeks on still frustrated and unsure if they are even going to fix it??? Show additional information
Quality of system- Too early to tell. Just got system installed this week. Show additional information
Stay away from True Value Solar. There is no after service contact. Show additional information
We had to turn our system that is less than a year old off because of a safety recall for a $100 isolator. TVS refers us to the supplier of the isolator to get this issue dealt with, instead of fixing it themselves. Supplier indicates it will take months for them to replace this simple isolator. TVS customer service does not respond to complaints about this.
Now our system is going to be out of service for months because TVS does not take its responsibility.
True Value rush to install the system and in doing so failed to site the panels in the optimum position and failed to set the inverter accordingly.

Demanded very high traveling costs to our location, and this is the only organization in the last 20 years to do so.

Service and Cleaning Costs are the highest on the market and they still want travel time costs paid.

I have been dealing with customer service since 15/11/17 to replace a damaged panel and to correct an intermittent fault with the inverter or replace it.

It is now 30/1/18 and nothing has progressed.
Warning; Be very careful with the inverters supplied by True Value Solar as they will break down just after the warranty expires. Although, inverters should be good for 10 - 15 years, my inverter Broke down after 5 years and if you try to get some support from True Value, you will be just shown the warranty terms and conditions. No accountability what’s so ever.

Not very True Value at all. Be very careful.
Had no reason to contact company until after second lot of panels were installed... ended up with a hole in the iron roof which leaked over time... after six plus months of phone calls to True Value Solar they eventually sent a guy out to look/ fix hole... he had no doubt the black mould leak was caused by the hole left in the roof at installation ... I am now in conflict with True Value Solar as they refuse to correct leak damage which was caused by their installers... disgusting customer service! Show additional information
I had my solar panels installed in September 2017. In December the Salzer isolator was recalled and I was advised by email from True Value Solar to switch off my panels, which I did. There was no indication of how long the replacement part would take and when I contacted IPD (the part supplier) in December I was told ëarly in the new year". Having heard nothing from either IPD nor True Value Solar I again contacted IPD on 10th January only to be told it would be 6-8 weeks, which, in effect, means I will be without my panels for 3 months. As a 78 year old pensioner I saved and did without to install air conditioning and the panels to provide the power in the hot months. During the recent heat wave I had no option but to run my air conditioner without the panel backup and hate to think what my power bill is going to be. So far there has been no contact from either company despite 1 letter and 2 emails, and absolutely no suggestion there would be any compensation. I'm absolutely disgusted and have contacted the office of Fair Trading. The reason I have answered 'not applicable 'is because I have only had 3 months use from the panels so cannot rate the performance at all. Show additional information
I purchased a solar system through True Value Solar recently & the isolator has been recalled. I have had to turn my system off until it is replaced. I have been contacted by the recall company to say I will have to wait until at least February for replacement or I can have a $100 re-reimbursement, which does not even cover the call out fee. I am now paying for electricity again, through no fault of my own. I have contacted customer care at True Value Solar re this on the 9.1.18 & have had no response. This I feel is very poor customer service. Show additional information
I’ve been ringing and leaving messages and talking to customer service people at least trying to 2 years later still no one showed up to clean my panels or surface them this is BS. Would not recommend to anyone Show additional information
All was fine after installation of 5kw inverter system, with five year inverter warranty, until ........ three years into operation, inverter fails. Replaced FIVE WEEKS later, with a brand new unit, which, when installed, worked for a few days, then failed. Replaced with a third unit TWO WEEKS later. All ok until ...... ONE YEAR after third new inverter was installed ......... inverter fails. After NINE WEEKS of phone calls, (9 in all), with long waits on hold, (15mins avg), apologies, excuses, delays and promises, True Value Solar (?), has finally installed a new inverter, which is operating to spec, ….. so far. I estimate the loss of solar production to be around $200. Surely, it is not too hard for a solar systems company to install a temporary inverter for the lengthy period of time it takes to obtain a replacement unit; or to offer compensation for the loss of solar production. This complete lack of customer service is what you will have to deal with if you are, as I was, silly enough to become a customer of True Value Solar and then expect them to meet their obligations in a timely manner.
True Value Solar ! …. an oxymoron if ever there was one.
p.s. Tech who installed my new inverter said some people have been waiting over a YEAR for their replacement inverter.
Recall on the inverter, after sales customer service is woeful, they are good at passing the responsibility to 3rd parties...

I wouldnt recommend them at all...
Now that there is a problem with the system they are no help what so ever. Show additional information
Installed the system, few months back and now have an issue, I tried to call Customer service, number of times but always heard, its momentarily unavailable, leave couple of emails and not responding since week now. Planning to raise a complaint with consumer protection authorities. Terrible customer service. Show additional information
Buyers, never pay the full amount until you get what you paid for.

TVS took so long to get me connected I received another energy bill after the panels were installed. TVS asks me for information to send off paperwork to get me connected AFTER I send multiple emails.

Then the technician comes to my house more than once to try and get the panels connected to my phone so I can monitor the system. TVS don’t supply him with the right cables to do this so he can’t complete the job. This was early October.

In between I call them and call them to ask when they will send someone. Beware: TVS’s idea of “customer care” is “we will get someone to look into this for you” then you don’t get followed up.

In early December I finally get an email from TVS and I think - goody! They are going to connect to my phone! But NO they sent a mass email detailing that the DC isolator is a FIRE AND ELECTROCUTION RISK - “you must turn your system off”.

Gone! All this money spirited away. I paid for panels I can’t use. I am going to take this to court.

Account case T499300, just FYI. I’m calling every single regulator, Ombudsman I can before I get a hold of my lawyers.

Look out: their Facebook page is so inundated with angry customers they have censored visitor posts and you won’t see anything there, nor can you leave a message.
The Service was excellent and everybody I spoke to was efficient and helpful. The installer was first class - and very pleasant to deal with.
The inspector rated the installation as excellent.
I am so delighted with my solar system and would very happily recommend True Value.
Now there’s a recall on the inverter which I paid TVS to supply and install. True Value send me an email today telling ME to turn it all off and contact THEIR supplier, you know, their supplier.

I respond saying that the system was installed in a house 3 hours out of Adelaide, and I’m in Queensland, so really, I can’t turn off the system that they supplied and installed, they will need to attend site and turn it off.

The person is either illiterate or doesn’t understand where Queensland is versus where my system is. Writes back telling me to turn it off.

They’re happy to take money off me, now they want me to take responsibility for something that they supplied and installed. Think a call to Consumer Affairs is in order, then I’ll know who is who. At least I have the email trail in case my house burns down.
Been in touch with this mob four times. Talk about the run around they are a joke. Today sat around all day waiting for a tech support to come to see me. In the end I RANG them again to be told he had to go elsewhere and would be in contact later. So they don't care about you they just blow smoke up you know where.
I've had the system about 9 months has not worked correctly since day one talk about rebate there isn't any .Would I recommend them no way.
The inverter completely died and they would not honour their 10 year warranty. They were not even willing to come out to service it. Show additional information
Purchased the system it was installed incorrectly and the rebate offered was a lie tried to get in touch with true value to sort out but they weren't interested so went to vcat won my case had four orders made against them they have done one now there time is up so back to vcat this time l will seek a full refund no more lies and broken promises from them if you are having the same problems go to vcat it is worth it they my be big but not above the law we have rights the cost of 204 to vcat will be refunded if you are sure of your facts even if you are waiting to long for warranty don't put up with their lies Show additional information
A year ago, I installed a 5kW system with Growatt inverter. The installation was quick and efficient as was the customer service. The system worked so well, that I installed another 5kW system early this year which was also a response to increases in power prices. This time, a Goodwe was installed as Growatt were no longer available. This too is working well now. Initially, the Goodwe inverter kept tripping out during the best part of the day when the sun was shining. The front panel showed a Vac error, which meant the line voltage was too high. I measured it at over 262V. Inverters are designed to protect themselves and shut down with a high line voltage is detected. Also, each solar inverter contributes a small rise to the line voltage of about 3V. It turned out my Growatt inverter was raising the line voltage just high enough to trip out the Goodwe. This problem has been fixed by adjusting the trip out voltage setting for the Goodwe. I note that many reviewers have reported problems with their inverters, but it may not be the fault of the inverter at all. High line voltages are common and can be caused by too many solar inverters nearby on the same network, or a failed voltage regulator which has also happened to me. It is the responsibility of the power network company to fix high line voltages, not the solar installer. What the solar installer can do is to ensure that the inverter trip out voltage is set high. Many solar owners are unaware that their systems are not working as they should which is why monitoring performance is so important. You want the best return on your investment. Most inverter manufacturers have a wifi monitoring system built in, and once set up is free to use. Alternatively, you can just check the front panel. Show additional information
When installed only half the panels worked, customer service is appalling. If I had my time over would not go any where near True Value Solar. Show additional information
I think it is too early to rate the supplier, because we are yet to see the output from the system. As you know it is long process to get the installation, meter reconfiguration etc. Show additional information
3 man Instillation team, boss did the inverter install and DB, good quality. Panel rails installed well, tiles not compromised, however 3 months later found all cables laying on tiles. Called installer he popped in at dusk and was disgusted, next morning all cables brailed up as should be. Thanked me for calling.
Have had auto 3 up-grades to switches etc. supplied by TVS as part of install kit.