Absolute Energy Solutions Pty Ltd

Absolute Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

4.4

Based on 155 ratings  - Aus Ranking

A snapshot of Absolute Energy's website taken on July 21, 2018 advises they have closed down:

However at time of writing ASIC shows that the company is still registered. Whilst they are an active company they are responsible for upholding the warrranties of the products they sold. If you need any futher help - please contact us.

Absolute Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews (155)

Under $3000

Under $3000

Original Review on 10-06-2018:

Follow Up Review on 10-02-2019:

As expected
Hide Iben's Comment

Original Review on 04-06-2018:

I discussed solar with this company following a neighbourhood recommendation at the same time as I contacted you.
By the time the 3 recommended companies contacted me, it took several days, I had decided to accept the other quote.

Follow Up Review on 04-02-2019:

The system has been operating for about 10 months. I'm more than happy.
Hide Graeme's Comment

Original Review on 06-05-2018:

Follow Up Review on 13-01-2019:

System has been great. I don’t quite get full output of the 6kw inverter due to the 5kw feed in restriction.

Customer service potentially questionable; inquired by email about the inverter disconnecting from my wifi and they never bothered to respond. Fortunately the issue resolved itself.
Hide Lionel's Comment

1/5

Original Review on 14-04-2018:

Our solar system will be installed 24/4/2018,i would like to thank you very much for your time Finn

Follow Up Review on 14-12-2018:

more than we expected we can not believe how much we are saving on our bills (by the way Finn absolute energy don't exist anymore, we are with solar gain, these guys are the best
Hide Neil's Comment

Sunpower

Original Review on 18-03-2018:

Follow Up Review on 09-12-2018:

Hide Merendi's Comment

4kW

Original Review on 03-05-2018:

The overall process went very smoothly from the first meeting right through to installation. Dave from Absolute has a clear passion for solar and for getting the right setup to suit the situation. The system is working to specification and checking the production and consumption using the Fronius solar web is very addictive! Thanks to Finn for providing such a great service on solarquotes.com.au.

Follow Up Review on 30-11-2018:

The system has performed above the expected performance provided by the installer, I think they were being conservative with production estimates. I recently switched to AGL for the 20c FiT and am tracking to pay off this system well under the initial 5 year target. If you have a roof get solar!
Hide Scott's Comment

Original Review on 17-08-2017:

I interviewed 5 installers. All the respondents were very professional, straight forward, patient and responsive to my sometimes dumb questions. I used your interview questionnaire as a memory jogger and read every word on your site.
I received quotes from all the installers. They were all very competitive and at the end of the day my choice was based mainly on price. I ensured I got quotes for essentially the same equipment ( apples with apples ) which was upper middle quality. After that the choice was easy.
I was unfortunately caught right in the middle of a nasty plunge in the STC's. I negotiated a satisfactory damage control deal with Absolute Energy Solutions but would suggest to anyone signing up on a contract to fix ( or insure ) the STC to guarantee no change in the contract.
Otherwise the install was executed smoothly and professionally and my system is operating as expected.

Follow Up Review on 14-11-2018:

Very much so.

Original Review on 11-03-2018:

Finn, your help in getting quotes from 2 very good companies was very helpful - thank you.
Absolute Energy Solutions was great to deal with and the installation effort was outstanding.
The system offered was pretty much the latest on the Australian market and it has been working fine from day one.

Follow Up Review on 12-11-2018:

System has performed very well in the first year - long may it continue. Electricity savings have also been good and substantially reduced my quarterly bill.
Hide Steven's Comment

Sunpower

Panel Brand

We have had the system for 18 mths now and on average we use less than 15% of the power we generate. Our feed-in tariff is only 16c and we already have a credit of over $600. Very happy also with panel orientation 5 kw North facing and 1.6 kw west facing seems to be working well.
Hide Noel's Comment

Original Review on 12-01-2018:

Follow Up Review on 13-09-2018:

Above expectations - electricity bills have gone from negative to positive
Hide David's Comment

Original Review on 15-02-2018:

Good communication throughout the whole process from quote to post installation. Only had the system installed this week. Happy so far we will have to see how the switchover goes and see how our system performers.

Neat and tidy installation and the installation crew were professional and accommodating. They worked hard throughout the day and also discussed what could be done to maximise the solar arrays, having looked at the roof space available.

Overall a great experience at this stage. A pleasure to do business with and I will certainly recommend to friends.

Follow Up Review on 30-08-2018:

Yes but I would like to have more!
Hide Keith's Comment

Cost

I purchased Fronius & Winaco system. This winter it has generated well over what I expected. around 30kw. I purchased these brands knowing the Quality and Warranty provided. I would recommend these products to anyone. It was a shame to see Josh and team finish up. Quality team Guys . Appreciate the time Aaron spent talking to me and explaining everything.
Hide Justin's Comment

Original Review on 07-12-2017:

Installation went very smooth, though had to change the set up as could not fit 6 panels west facing roof side (would not have been able to access gutters).
Solar PV system: Winaico WST-285P6 PERC (BLACK) panels and Fronuis Primo inverter (with extended warranty), smart meter etc.
Very tidy installation with inverter placed directly above power box in the shade. System running fine. The Fronius software interface could be a little less 'clunky' but overall fine.

Follow Up Review on 08-08-2018:

From what I know now, I would have bought a larger inverter and one which I could connect batteries to without any hassles ... I may have also gone with the Enphase system as shading is a minor issue early morning in the summer months (mind you not sure if Enphase business was about to go bankrupt as the time of installation, so was nervous about investing in a system which may have no support / spares in the future! They seem to have recovered somewhat though as share price has gone up nearly 7 times since Oct 2017).
Hide Colin's Comment

Original Review on 02-12-2017:

Follow Up Review on 03-08-2018:

Yes, but modifications still have to be made to lifestyle to maximise the value of the system

Cost

Shame they have been unable too remain competitive and have folded according to their web site.
Hide Bob's Comment

Original Review on 03-11-2017:

Installation yet to happen scheduled for 17th November. AESol quality of components was the same as others but included more, for a better price (cost barely above 6K, but most useful for a duplex house with 2 kitchens, laundries etc). The sales support is fantastic. I have recommended them forward. I also want to say how helpful your written material was, and how useful for informing the uninformed lay person. One of the organisations I would not recommend. They did their quote virtually and published inappropriate incentives to pay quickly, some of which were untrue. The other though was very competitive but slightly more expensive, but AESol was 'hungrier', more attentive with better follow up, and more inclusions which were the other installers 'extras'

Follow Up Review on 04-07-2018:

Hide ROBERT's Comment

Cost

The solar consultant, David, was most helpful and responsive in answering all my (technical) questions and concerns. As I have limited roof space and partially shaded roof (depend on time of the year), David was very patient and helpful with me as I was trying to evaluate different configurations/designs proposed for maximum solar production (I am from electrical engineering background). David listened and understand my concerns, and modify the configuration/design accordingly. This is in contrast with other solar consultants who just gave me 1 or 2 configurations/designs, and do not listen to my further questions.

They also worked together with my roof restorer. Josh and his team came to install the brackets on the roof 1st, and installed the solar panels on another day after my roof restoration was done. They had done a fantastic job. Josh advised me on a change in panel configuration to maximum the solar generation after he inspected my roof -- the change actually involved more work.

In term of cost, they are not the cheapest. But you get quality system and installation. So far, all system works well.
Hide Yong's Comment

Original Review on 15-09-2017:

I knew nothing about solar until reading your information on solar quotes. I had a total of 5 quotes (3 from solar quotes and 2 independent quotes) and through this process I learnt a lot more about solar. The company I went with (Absolute Energy Solutions - recommend by Finn) were not the cheapest but the salesman, David was very helpful and explained their system and process of Installation thoroughly. They also worked in with a painting company I had to paint my roof prior to Installation. The Installation process was over two day with the installers working long hours the first day with an easy install the second day. All went well and the system in up and running. I love solar.
I thoroughly recommend Finn's web site, so helpful and informative.

Follow Up Review on 19-06-2018:

Yes, my first full quarter bill was -$1.92 second quarterly bill was $50.00. No complaints here
Hide George's Comment

Cost

Found your rating system of inverter and panels extremely helpful, and main reason I chose Absolute was they suggested the same inverter and panels that you had suggested were very good.
Hide Kevin's Comment

Original Review on 11-10-2017:

I was happy with all 3 company's but went with Absolute Energy Solutions as the sales person provided the most info and the best system.

Follow Up Review on 12-06-2018:

Yes performs better than expected and has reduced my bills by more than 50%
Hide Bill's Comment

Original Review on 06-09-2017:

Absolute Energy Solutions were fantastic from the beginning. Their Salesman explained everything and looked at all our needs without asking and discussed our future energy plans. With all this taken into consideration, we discussed what would work best for us and decided on a plan. Their communication and assistance throughout the process has been great; we don't regret our choice in installer at all.

Follow Up Review on 01-06-2018:

Yes, it's been a great investment and definitely worth it.
Hide Brenton's Comment

Cost

We decided to go with AES even they were not the cheapest quote we received. We were impressed by the level of information the salesperson gave us and his ability to answer questions as they came up without making us feel they were irrelevant or unnecessary. We were very impressed by the team that installed the system. They were very polite and professional whilst on site, got on with the job at hand and cleaned up all rubbish and debris prior to leaving. Discussion regarding placement of the inverter with their electrician was very informative and other questions were answered clearly and professionally. All in all a very good experience from start to finish.
Hide Joy's Comment

Original Review on 05-09-2017:

Follow Up Review on 21-05-2018:

It certainly has! Our electricity bill for the last (summer) quarter was $100, and that's running a pool pump for 6 hours a day, and a few days of central a/c during the really hot summer days. (We didn't install solar to try and make any money from feed-in tariffs, just to minimise electricity costs, which our system is doing. Very happy that I was recommended Solarquotes to get a layman's understanding of panels and inverters, and then to be put in touch with three quality installers.)
I am particularly pleased with the 6 Kw Fronius inverter we had installed. It has an accompanying app. which makes it easy to monitor electricity being generated / used at any time, anywhere, and keeps a running total of how much the system has earned.
Hide Bruce's Comment

Original Review on 17-09-2017:

Unfortunately due to administrative problems they were slow in getting their act together and I have had to wait for over a month before getting an installation date a further four weeks away but I am still happy and satisfied I went with Absolute Solar Solutions NSW.
I ended up buying a 6kW Fronius. 3 Phase Symo Inverter with 28 285 Watt REC Twin Peak Series 2 panels. Also a 3 Phase Net electrical meter and consumption meter. Installed for just under $10,000.

Follow Up Review on 16-05-2018:

Yes. The savings are obvious when the energy bill arrives. Very happy with the whole system and Absolute Energy Solutions as a solar supplier. My brother was so impressed that he is having them install 32 panels and a fronius inverter mid next week. Josh and Tiffany of Absolute were great to deal with and I am glad they were one of the companies that you suggested Finn.
Hide Ross's Comment

Cost

While not the cheapest quote we got, Absolute Energy Solutions did have the best pre-sales team. Compared to some other companies we talked to, the sales person from AES was knowledgable, answered all our questions competently and clearly, and did not pressure us in to making a decision. The looked at the house and provided good suggestions on installation sites and system sizes. Clearly their sales staff are well trained and know the systems and installations they sell in great detail.

Once we signed on, we did have a few minor hiccups in communications but these were quickly resolved and the installation was scheduled. One down note was the installation date being a month after we agreed to proceed. To be fair, we were offered to have an earlier date using subcontractors, however we felt more confident waiting for the in-house team.

On the installation day, the installers were quick, professional, and had everything done well within the promised installation time. Everything installed has been placed with care and attention and is very neat and tidy.

Since installation the system has worked without problems and we've had any further questions we've had promptly answered.
Hide Dan's Comment

Solaredge

Original Review on 07-09-2017:

Follow Up Review on 09-05-2018:

so far
Hide Brian's Comment

Original Review on 08-09-2017:

Some of the above ratings may change when the system has been installed.

Follow Up Review on 09-05-2018:

Above expectations
Hide Iain's Comment

Cost

Very impressed with Absolute Energy, they were very knowledgeable, clear with the options available and not pushy at all. They also liaised with a roof repairer for the roof renovation required prior to panel installation. Their installers were very professional. Would definitely recommend Absolute Energy.
Hide Ian's Comment

Cost

Knowledgeable sales consultant, great value Winacio/Fronious system, good service and quality installation with 15 year warranty.
Hide Chris's Comment

Original Review on 25-07-2017:

Professional & friendly from start to finish

Follow Up Review on 06-04-2018:

Yes it seems to be running exactly how it was explained to us.
Hide Margaret & Errol's Comment

Original Review on 26-07-2017:

Peter from Absolute was very good. Rather than criticise other products that he did not necessarily supply he gave pro's and con's of the product. His explanations were at a layman's level he made Deb & I very comfortable with our eventual decision. The installers were very neat, tidy and polite. The finished product looks professional are the guys are a credit to their trade. They took longer with the install than was predicted so I felt a bit rushed when I was receiving the handover. Overall I am very happy with the Absolute experience and recommend them to anyone in the Hunter region.

Follow Up Review on 28-03-2018:

Our systems is operating better than I expected. I have cleaned the panels a couple times but didn't notice any significant increase in performance. We will definitely install a battery when the cost comes down a bit. I reckon that time will come soon.
Hide Don's Comment

Cost

All the quotes sourced through Solarquotes were good. We found that the system recommended by Absolute Energy Solutions was the most suited to our needs and budget. Installation was seamless and the installers arranged to come a week early due to a change in their schedule which worked in our favour.
Hide Tom's Comment

Cost

Absolute energy at Burleigh Heads were truly fantastic. Great prices, fantastic sales experience. The installers were fantastic, respectful, and not time wasters. Everything was very professional, and not once was there an issue with communication. Definatley recommend this company. 10/10
Hide Danielle's Comment

Original Review on 21-07-2017:

Your website was such an excellent starting point for this process. Without some credible, independent beginning point this process would have been more difficult and much less certain. We are very happy with all aspects of our foray into solar. We now have what we consider to be a very good system at a fair price. You were recommended to us by a friend - a satisfied customer. In turn we have already recommended your site to other friends. That's a reasonable testimony!!
Many thanks Finn.

Follow Up Review on 13-03-2018:

All systems have worked well. Have seen considerable reduction in power bills since installation. At present rate of saving we see the break-even timeline for this investment at about 5 years.
Hide Greg's Comment

Original Review on 27-06-2017:

The installation team took time to get the panels and inverter positioned where we wanted them. This involved some debate and reliance on their technology to address both the shading issues we have from neighbouring trees and structures, as well as visual impact from the street. We are pretty happy with the outcome.
Our queries about the panels and the rack system to be installed were sorted very quickly, confirming we were getting what we ordered.
They also fixed an electrical issue with our switchboard and provided some useful operations advice.
The post-installation briefing on use of the system was a bit rushed, but we anticipate receiving user manuals by email today (installation was yesterday).
Finally, the 'sales pitch' was low key and informative. Most importantly, the installation and the products match that early conversation. We are looking forward to operating results!

Follow Up Review on 28-02-2018:

It has - it covers our day-time power requirements as hoped, except on very overcast and wet days of course.

We have had a minor hiccup arising from the installation which is in the process of being resolved with the installation company.
Hide Peter's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Cost

After receiving quotes from 3 suppliers we decided on Absolute Energy Solutions.
The before sales services was exceptional - David took a lot of time to explain and answer any questions and clarify aspects of energy usage, component attributes and different configurations which gave us confidence in our choice of an appropriate solution.
We settled for a Fronius 8.2 Primo Single phase Inverter; 30 Sunpower panels and Fronius smart meter
We also requested quotes for installation of air conditioning which was competitive and this is reflective in the overall cost.
We cannot comment on full install as we are awaiting delivery of solar panels, however racks have been installed, air conditioning installed and upgrade of switchboard undertaken.
We have been very impressed with workmanship completed so far, the install team are very professional, neat and tidy and very polite.
We look forward to the completion of our install and monitoring our electricity usage.
We would recommend Absolute Energy Solutions in terms of our experience so far.
Hide Gordon's Comment

Cost

We are beyond happy with the service quality and efficiency of this system and the team at absolute energy solutions. The system works perfectly and has reduced our power bills by $400 a quarter. If I have any questions or problems the team are on it straight away. Very professional from start to finish and beyond. Do your self a favour do your home work and read the reviews of every provider. Peoples feedback really helps.
Thank you AES.