Advanced Solar Technology Reviews

About Advanced Solar Technology, Solar Installers

Advanced Solar Technology
Gold Partner
Advanced Solar Technology is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 13 792 402 693  ABN active since 28 Oct 2009 | Advanced Solar Technology
ACN: 140 267 223  ACN active since 28 Oct 2009 | Marcoux Enterprises Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,700 - $6,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Advanced Solar Technology is a Western Australian solar energy company.

“ All above (top ratings; value for money, system quality, installation and customer service) says it all; everything done, absolutely no hassle. I nearly forgot I was having it, as it went so smooth from signing up to being fitted. Now to see if it saves me money.

Advanced Solar Technology Solar Reviews

Recommended

Sales and quoting process was friendly, efficient, punctual and informative.
Installation was efficient, although the process to get an installation date (returning of phone calls) was somewhat annoying. Installers left a bit of a mess. I was given a Solar Energy Monitor, but no instructions from the installers (they put it in the meter box without telling me)
Grid connection done before installation.
Email sent after installation saying that a follow up will be made after I've received the second account from Synergy.

A pleasure to deal with

From beginning until end Alex was great. He was reliable and debunked lots of other sales pitches I was given from other solar companies with factual proof which I could research myself.
One of the great things about Alex is he customer service and real understanding of what the customer needs or wants. Besides for 1 installation problem, where alex was prepared to come out at 1010pat night should the problem not be resolved, it was an absolute pleasure to go with.
Alex and his team did everything from beginning until the end. Even expressing after the job was done to call anytime with any questions with regards to bills and performance etc..

Good overall experience

Installation was quick and tidy.
Service was good.
Alex took time to answer my many questions.

Knowledgeable, polite service. Did everything for me. Polite efficient installation team Show additional information

Great company to deal with.

Everything went perfectly from sales through to completion and then the follow up visit by Alex the director to make sure we were happy with the system.

Can recommend Advanced Solar Technology to anyone looking to get this system.

Good sales representative. Quick and, it seems (??) quality installation

The Sales/quoting process was very good.
The installation was punctual, and looks OK (no broken tiles).
Customer service was very good - had an update on the Delta inverter, (which was a problem with my Apple computer as I don't have a Smartphone), but the Manager helped out.

Good Company, prepared to spend as much time as required to fully explain the systems available.

Sales/quoting was very good with a video hookup to ensure I purchase the best system for my needs.
The installers arrived exactly when they said they would. They were very tidy taking all the packing away and finished the job in around 4 hours.
The customer service has been very good with setting up the system and connecting to the grid, with a follow up phone call from them and a visit to check things. There is a problem with the wifi system and they are currently waiting for a new wifi circuit board to replace the existing one.

Explanation of system, quality of components

The salesman was very capable and knowledgeable about what I was looking for.The instillation was on time and efficient. The connection was seamless and replaced the existing system. Show additional information

Very good sales and install team. Not sure yet whether it's a cost benefit investment as there is an additional cost of the purchase plus, not yet received a bill to determine the export - usage cost

The sales process was informative and described the market products-suppliers; cost , reliability and history eyc of suppliers.

Overall happy with the installation process- 1 day

Professional but friendly process

The quotation was done by phone & video link, as I was in self quarantine, which was ideal as I did not want to wait 2 weeks to get the process started. The video link provided the oportunity to get answers to many questions imediately & for explanation of the reasons for the siting of the equipment that had been suggested. The other 2 suppliers also did their quotes using aerial photos of my property & phone conversations, at my request not theirs, as all 3 would have preferred a face to face consultation. The quotes were presented very punctually from all 3 solar installation companies.

The installation was done very quickly after accepting the quote & paying the deposit. The installers turned up on time (in fact a little earlier in the day than expected) & completed the job promptly. They were polite & respected social distancing rules from us & left everything clean/neat & tidy.

We were replacing a 10 year old solar system so did not need help connecting to the grid but they did have to remove the old panels & inverter as part of the install, which again was completed satisfactorily.
The owner of the business came to inspect the installation as they were finishing the job & spent time explaining the digital inverter read out & advised I could contact him any time for explanations on any aspect of the solar equipment or install which I would feel comfortable doing.
All 3 quotes were similar in price but had diffent equipment supplies (no point if they are all the same, so apart from the extra warranty on the inverter I went with the company I felt most comfortable with & that I thought would give me the best service & after care.

Good sales experience and super quick Installation

We used SolarQuotes to get 3 quotes and Alex was the first to make an appointment. He was very friendly and helpful and not at all pushy. After receiving all 3 quotes we decided that Alex had provided the best value system for our needs and after we had placed the order the system was installed just a few days later.

The installation went smoothly. After a few days, we discovered that the inverter was detecting over-voltage events and shutting down and Alex can round the next day to adjust the inverter. We are still getting some over-voltage events but this is now in the hands of Western Power to rectify.

Al-in-all an excellent experience and we can thoroughly recommend Alex and his team.

Good Installation and Sales

After spending many hours trawling websites for information I came across Solarquotes and found excellent information of solar systems as well as the option to get quotes, which I used. In total I contacted 5 installers, three were recommended by Solarquotes.
Michelle and Alex were helpful in stepping through the process of quotes and the application process.
The installers arrived after midday on the scheduled day and were finished by 4PM, excellent job done, inverter installed were I asked them to install it and panel rails trimmed off neatly. Conduit from the panel to the inverter as per regulations.
Even though the panels are not facing in a direction that will give maximum output, the system is producing a good output and peak around 4.5kW during the day, very good for this time of the year.
To summarise, Advanced Solar Technologies provided good advice and the installers did a good job, thanks.

Very helpful, best value system

Alex was very knowledgeable, genuine and helpful during the quote and evaluation process. I have a non-ideal roof for solar and he was the only installer who suggested facing 8 panels to the west to maximise potential to utilise our generated power on site rather than export more. He answered my queries promptly and helpfully. Installation was done in one day and Alex came and helped after my screw line positions resulted in larger tilt arms being required. System has operated well in few weeks since installation. I am having an issue getting the inverter to connect to the cloud via my wifi so cannot currently monitor via the internet however I can connect phone directly to the inverter to get the daily production graph. Alex came over on the weekend to try and sort this out but was unsuccessful; he has taken it up with the manufacturer and is waiting on a fix. Show additional information

Amazing installer

One of the nicest sales guys we encountered. Very friendly, very informative, and the only one to not bad-mouth other companies/products. I also liked that he was not pushy, gave us time to compare all the quotes we got, and do research on the brands he'd suggested.
The installation happened much faster than we expected, and the crew arrived on-time, finished within the quoted time-frame and didn't leave a mess behind. Super happy with the entire process

Honest company

Overall, I am very satisfied with Alex and his team approach - delivery - maintenance. Definitely, j would recommend them.
George

Good Installation, excellent customer service.

Sales/quoting process was excellent.
Installation was punctual, tidy and efficient
Customer service was excellent, everything organised, connected to the grid. Small issue with the inverter, fixed immediately.

Solar

Very happy with system, installation, information provided. Thank you Alex Show additional information

Solar installation

How was the sales/quoting process? Good and no issues
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Good and no issues
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? Yes

My solar panels

System suits my needs. Happy with service. Would recommend to others. 5 stars Show additional information

Quick to quote, slow to install

The initial quotation was timely and information provided was good.
After paying the deposit, now nearly two months has passed with no contact, despite email sent requesting an update. I am still waiting to hear from them. They cancelled my feed in tariff of 40c/kWh so I have been without it for one complete billing cycle with no upgrade to my system. I am replacing our existing system with a new larger capacity one.

Rod purchased the solar system on the 16th of December. With the backlog of installations at that time of the year, Christmas and New year holidays we got to his installation 4 days after he posted this review or within the 4-6 weeks quoted to complete his installation. We agree the application for the replacement system should have been done closer to the installation date as he did indeed lose his Feed in Tariff. We have now implemented procedures to identify this and compensated him with a free energy monitoring system. Thank you Rod for your business and trust you are now happy with us.

Fast installation, well informed supplier

Quick and easy quoting with visit to site and additional comparisons and advance on different panels and inverters
Fast and efficient installation. Polite installers but could have left the site a little tidier (some plastic zip ties and drilling dust left on site).
Customer service have always resolved/answered any queries and organised the grid connection very quickly , but do sometimes struggle to respond quickly
Couldn't recommend them high enough. Awesome from sales to installation! Show additional information

Great company

Alex is professional, polite and.very helpful.
Had a software issue but he promptly fix it.

Comprehensive explanations

Arrived on time ,polite & gave clear easy to understand explanations Show additional information

Good service

The salesman explained to me well the prons and cons of different options.
Installation was fast and smooth

Streamlined process, efficient installation

Excellent. Organised everything with no fuss. Installers were incredibly efficient and friendly. Totally recommend. Show additional information

Clear and honest installer

Alex was sensible and knowledgeable - every question was answered clearly, nothing was a problem.
He took a lot of time to make sure we knew everything we needed to know and didn't push for a sale. We felt confident going with his system.
More to the point - he provides a simple usage monitor as part of his systems which helps to monitor power drawn from the grid. Far more practical and cost effective than consumption monitoring. We wish we'd picked one up before we even got the panels!
Then sales person was very informative and not at all pushy. The installation crew were polite and efficient The crew also cleaned up after themselves. I am happy with the service and recommend Advance Solar. Show additional information
Initial contact was prompt and comprehensive with Advanced Solar, with detailed explanations and suggestions however communication after agreeing and paying deposit for the chosen system was less than we expected. There was a delay in the shipment of panels which of course was beyond the control of Advanced however it was left to us to keep following up to secure an installation date. The 3 installers arrived on the appointed day and the installation took approximately 4 hours. The site was clean and tidy on completion. Show additional information
Once I gave the go ahead, the system was installed within two days (on the Saturday of the long weekend no less). After sales follow has been excellent. We are very pleased with the outcome. Show additional information
Advanced Solar were the only company that spent time working out what would work best for my residence. Great service, great products. Show additional information
I am thinking, why did we not have solar installed years ago. Show additional information
Alex was very informative and prompt. Not at all pushy with sales. Quality of service and product was definitely a focus.
The installation trades were very professional and neat.

The panel location layout was different from our initial discussion during the quote, but after raising concerns and receiving further information regarding the change, we are happy with the result.

Would definitely recommend Advanced Solar Technology to others.
Due to our house being quite old and roof tiles not appropriate, the installation took a bit longer than it should, however, Albee was always available and solved any problems straight away. Our system has only been in for a few hours, and seems to be working very well. I was very pleased with Alex and his team. Kate
Of the other two suggestions you gave me one came and stayed for ages selling me the system, but never got back to me with a proper quote, the other I think sent me a quote via email and never came to the house, they have sent me several emails though.
The installation team were friendly and professional, we are hoping to see a huge difference in our electricity bills in the near future. Show additional information