• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Advanced Solar Technology Reviews

About Advanced Solar Technology, Solar Installers

Advanced Solar Technology is a Western Australia solar energy company based in Heathridge, WA.

“ All above (top ratings; value for money, system quality, installation and customer service) says it all; everything done, absolutely no hassle. I nearly forgot I was having it, as it went so smooth from signing up to being fitted. Now to see if it saves me money.

Advanced Solar Technology Solar Reviews

The information and service you (Finn Peacock) supplied was invaluable. Show additional information
It was so good to have someone actually come out to my house and discuss/explain what the best system was for me (with no pressure to buy) Show additional information
Installation was very quick, neat and tidy (no mess left for me to clean up). System has not long been installed but seems to be working OK. Show additional information
The system is performing so far as predicted by Alex, who is the owner of Advanced Solar Technology. The whole process of providing and installation of the system has been completely trouble free and very professional. I would recommend this company to anyone who is in the market for a PV system. Show additional information
Very satisfied with the service, installation and the system is working well. All delivered and installed ahead of time with quality workmanship. Gave a clear explanation of the system etc when giving the quote. Show additional information
We found Alex and Michelle to be excellent - honest, helpful, knowledgeable and easy to work with. No hard sell, but simple and effective customer service.

We also found the Installers to be excellent and they did a fantastic job under difficult conditions. It was very hot and our roof (double-storey house) was very challenging for them. But they persevered, keeping us well informed along the way.

So far, our system has been operating very well, producing an excellent amount of electricity.

We would highly recommend AST to anyone wanting to have solar energy installed.
Great service, excellent knowledge, nice dealing direct with the owner and a really good quality install.

Well done guys!

Happy for you to use the quote and state, but no name please
After having contacted numerous solar system providers I was pleasantly surprised by what Solarquotes had to offer with respect to what amounted to accredited supplier/installers. Only two in Perth but that was no problem as they both contacted me within a reasonable time frame and duly provided their quotations. Alex from Advanced called at our home and explained in detail what he was offering and the options available to us based on our system requirements.
System was installed in January 2017 which was earlier than promised so that was all good. Installation team had system installed in no time at all and provided basic system instruction and procedure in the event of a problem. They completed a neat installation and took care of all packaging etc. All well and good.
However, and no fault of the installer the system had no sooner been commissioned and it went into alarm with a notification that the Inverter was Over Voltage Range! Installer suggested we call Western Power as this was their responsibility to adjust grid voltage by "tapping it down".
This was a situation I had not expected. I hadn't taken a cheaper quote ( of which I had ample opportunity), but considered that by paying a fair and reasonable price I would in return have the benefit of good and reliable service with equipment that will last the term. Having had the benefit in my working life of quoting end users and managing installation of electronic security products the knowledge that things do go wrong or that local environmental/geographical conditions can play a part, we always informed our customer of the fact that given local conditions they could expect certain adverse outcomes, which would be addressed at the time of commissioning.
My wife and I do not recall being told that if the local grid supply is above a certain voltage the system will go into alarm. So hence my concerns which lead to a call to Alex who subsequently informed me that there had been a software/firmware upgrade to the Delta Inverters in October 2016 which caused the OVR situation and I would have to contact Western Power regarding a Tap Down of the grid voltage. Unit displayed 258Vac when in alarm. Western Power were very helpful and on 3RD February adjusted grid voltage down and solar system has been doing its job averaging just on 20,000Wh per day, all good.
Now I have reviewed the documentation that came with the Inverter to see if there should be something else I need to be on the lookout for. In particular there are two Test Reports that came with the unit that state that unit passed. Interestingly enough I couldn't locate any information with respect to software or firmware versions or that the particular unit I have was upgraded/adjusted in October 2015 (as indicated by Alex). According to PV Inverter Test Report test date was 2015/12/6. Surely if box had been opened for modification of software/firmware, there should have been some documented notification included. Maybe Delta's QA/QC procedure needs reviewing?
With regard to OVR test range for Australia the unit was tested at 265Vac+/-2% (270Vac Trip), yet at 258Vac unit went into alarm for OVR.
All factors considered I have working system and once I have had two consecutive accounts from Synergy I will be able to see what the financial benefit has been.
I have recommended your services and those of Advanced Technology to colleagues who I am aware are in the market for Solar power in the future and trust they will place their business with you.
Thank for following up on our installation, and that if what I have provided is of interest and can improve outcomes for future clients that will be a benefit to us all.
With respect to LED lighting I have requested a quotation from local lighting suppliers for my requirements and that should in time reflect a further saving.
Thanks Finn, appreciate your professional service.
We have had solar for 4 years now and swear by the company no faults hasn't missed a beat , i recommend Alex & his company to every one great job Show additional information
Alex from Advanced Solar Technology was very knowledgeable and this gave me the confidence to purchase his system. I was interested in a quality system and not price alone. He had sound and sensible answers to all of the concerns I had. The installation was done very professionally and the system has been working perfectly ever since. I haven't heard from Alex since installation but I feel confident he would be straight over if there were any issues. Show additional information
Not at the moment. I am looking forward to the first 3 month review of performance, probably April sometime. Show additional information
We were so pleased with the service we got from Advanced Solar Technology from beginning to end,
Lovely people.
Installation was excellent, job done excellent.
We are having problems with the PV cells automatically shutting down whenever the voltage reaches the programmed max from the system 260 volts.

The electricity supplier, Western Power, have to date taken no action to fix this. Also the inverter supplier have not agreed that the voltage limits on the system be reprogrammed, so that the cut outs are avoided.

The installer have tried to assist, but as yet we are caught in a frustrating stalemate.
So far I have had no contact with Advanced Solar Technology (North) subsequent to the installation. Would have expected at least a follow up phone call to check that all was working as expected.

Green Wiring only sent an email price list.

Green Sun Solar are quite a distance South from my location so I did not pursue them. They did make an appointment for a quotation but I cancelled after signing with Advanced Solar Tech.
The only problem we are having is with the electricity supplier Synergy (WA). New inverters have to meet new electric standards, I believe it's 250 +/- 5 volts. Unfortunately, Synergy doesn't. So voltage can range from 240-270V. This range of voltage causes the inverters to trip for it's own safety and thus is "off the air", so no own power. A complaint has been raised with Synergy, but as yet no resolve. A neighbour with a different brand of solar that also was recently installed is having the same problem.
Would also like to monitor output V consumption - is there a way of doing this? Probably needs so hardware attached to the smart meter or fuse box and a phone app. Is such a monitoring system available?
Unfortunately I had to wait for two weeks for the panel installation as they were held up by customs on the water front.

But they have been installed now, and though it is still early days they are performing as per expectations.
Salesman, Alex, is also the owner of the company and he was very friendly and informative when he visited to give a quote. We had quotes from three other companies, including Synergy, but only two came out to the house. We chose Advanced Solar Technology despite the fact that they did not follow up with as much detailed, written information regarding expected output and equipment etc as all the other companies and I had to ask for a written contract which was provided at another visit when we signed up. Paperwork was a bit thin on the ground compared to the bigger companies. Installation was spread over two days due to bad weather conditions. Very neat and tidy electrical installation in garage of inverter where it is easily accessible and protected from the weather. Tidy and pleasant contractors who cleaned up after themselves and took away all rubbish. We requested East and North orientation of roof panels as we did not want to see anything at the front of the house. In my opinion they are very ugly and the less that can be seen, the better! Hopefully this will not impact too much on the output. We were given several array options but went more with aesthetics! Fingers crossed! Looking forward to first bill to see what savings we have made. Alex also said that he would call at a later date with a device to show us how much power we are buying at different times of the day. Hopefully this is not just part of the sales pitch and it does eventuate. We are pleased with what we have experienced so far and as there was little to choose between in price, apart from Synergy who were considerably more expensive in their quotes, we probably made the right choice for us. Have to say that the salesman from Solar E, Lawrence, was very helpful and informative and it was a close call between the two.
This web site has been so helpful and I would like to thank you for all the information provided which I am sure enable us to make a more informed choice as previously we knew nothing about solar energy. Keep up the good work. We have recommended the site to others who are considering solar panel installation and will continue to do so. Thanks again!
Alex was non pushy, returned my calls quickly and answered my questions in a professional manner. Michelle was very prompt in replying to emails and I felt no pressure to be rushed into making my decision. Very satisfied with the system purchased and how the installers completed their task. Show additional information
Salesperson (Alex) was friendly, competent, knowledgeable and there was absolutely no pressure, the installers were quiet, polite, friendly, competent and did a good job. Show additional information
Professional installation, very pleased with everything so far. Show additional information
Finn,
We had several other companies quote systems that were smaller and more expensive, we finally chose Alex after a second meeting, agreed to a date and time for installation of the system.
The day came and no technicians, I rang after several hours and found out that the government authority had not yet approved the work, (a phone call would have been nice), arranged for another date, the installers turned up and installed the system, they did a great job, the system was generating power ( 1kw in 1 hour) at 5pm wow. Looking forward to making a dent in the electrical bill.

Cheers

Serge
Communication plus. Before and after. Honesty. Not the cheapest but local, available and quality. Show additional information
I would highly recommend AST to anyone considering a solar system. Yes, other suppliers can offer a cheaper system but I advise you do your homework very well as there are a lot of differences in what is offered even though they may all seem much the same. You do get what you pay for.

I dealt directly with the owner of the company - no middle man. That in itself is worth paying a little extra for!
It took a while to work through in my mind the various things that have to be considered. My system was a bit complex as it had to be spread across three faces of the roof and one face with tilt up panels, and 3 phase inverter because I've got a bore. The price was about $7500 including smart meter which sounds like a lot when you can buy a 5kW system for $5000 but a lot of the other companies that offer 'specials' aren't interested in things like tilt up panels with heavy duty brackets etc. The Sales guy Alex was very knowledgeable and very patient - he probably spent 2 hours with me all up - answering all my questions and offering lots of information to educate me, including telling me about some of the myths in the industry, and the facts like when the roof gets hot cheap panels lose their efficiency. The software tools he had on his laptop were very good. Applying to Western Power for a new meter was a very easy on line exercise and the meter was installed within 2 weeks of signing up. Installation will be 3 and half weeks from sign up which is good. But at the end of the day there's no way of knowing whether you've got a good product or not. To do this would involve bring in some kind of regulated star rating system backed up by quality certification like 9001. You have to go on trust and hope you've made a good decision. But can't wait for my power bill to get down below $200. Show additional information
Alex took the time to assess my needs, design and explain the system. Very easy to deal with, genuinely interested in providing excellent service and solar power system. The installation was prompt and Alex will return after my first bill to assess the system performance. I Highly recommend using Advanced Solar Technology. Show additional information
Very knowledgable and professional staff and installation.
No issues were encountered with the installation.
System delivers around 31 Kwh per day when sunny.
Yet to see impact on power bills but estimates are compelling.
Good Show additional information
The system has only been installed for a couple of weeks, and we have not yet been able to determine how effective it will be although early indicators of output are very positive. Show additional information
The first quote was the cheapest by a long way, but a week after the quote I was advised by the sales representative that they no longer used the Delta inverter or panels originally quoted but the new inverter and panels were very good. Looking on your forum told me a different story. Show additional information
Alex was very knowledgeable & a straight talker. Offered solutions with using solar heating for pool. Very pleased with the service & would not hesitate to recommend Advance Solar. Now looking forward to the savings in the power bill. Show additional information
Lots of conflicting information from sales persons.Big difference in what i was told i needed from diffferent companies.
Keeping my fingers crossed i picked correct system and brand.
Prompt service. Very good. Show additional information
We were recommended by our son to have Advanced Solar Tech to come over to our home and tailor a quote for our needs.
As we are both semi retired and now work from home, Alex from AST suggested after a detailed consultation looking at our habits and power requirements a 4kW system placing half on the East and half on the West. This went against all of what we had been told by other companies. Since we use power all day we quickly realised that the system proposed by AST was going to give us sustained power over most of the day instead of a peak at miday with drastic drops at the end of the day and a slow power gain in the mornings.

I can now say that after having this system for over 12 months we can see the advantages of this configuration. Our poer bills never go over $80.00 over the 2 month billing cycle despite using the A/C when we need it and my wife using the dryer year round!

We are extremely pleased with the system as well as the after sales support. They came back after 4 months of the install to help me understand the readings on the meter, inverter as well as the Synergy bill. We have recommended AST to friends and relatives with no hesitation and they are pleased with the prompt and courtius service received.

5 stars!!!!!
Alex from Advanced Solar was also recommended to us by a family member, and he certainly lived up to the recommendations. His installers were also great, working hard over a long day just prior to Christmas. Show additional information
My power bills averaged around $750.00, I was amazed when our first full two month bill came in at $137.00, Alex was extremely honest and I am very happy we went with his company. The installers were very courteous and didn't leave any mess, explained what everything did and later Alex followed up to make sure everything went well. I would highly recommend advanced solar technology Show additional information
The system has been up for a few weeks and the efficiency has been great. There was a bit of a wait to book in the installation The installation itself was hassle free. We went for the high quality Chinese panels and their efficiency has been great so far. We also put on a bit more capacity than we needed but we are covering all our use during the day and pumping a lot back into the grid. Hopefully we will still cover our daily use in winter too. Highly recommend. Show additional information
Long wait between order and install dates. Our meter was converted on 15/10 install date is 14/11. Show additional information
Shane was very knowledgeable and friendly. We agreed to add 1.5Kw East and 1.5Kw West to the existing 1Kw North. Two months after the on time installation, the bill shows almost exactly what I expected to see. Well done, Advanced Solar. Show additional information
Waiting for installation. I suggest you ask clients in 12/18months time, are they satisfied with their selected system? Show additional information