Advanced Solar Technology

Advanced Solar Technology Reviews

Advanced Solar Technology is a Western Australian solar energy company.

“ All above (top ratings; value for money, system quality, installation and customer service) says it all; everything done, absolutely no hassle. I nearly forgot I was having it, as it went so smooth from signing up to being fitted. Now to see if it saves me money.

Reviewers report paying: $3,300 - $6,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Advanced Solar Technology Reviews (199)

4.2/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

Great Salesman, helpful after installation.

Good honest local family owned & run company. Install happened sooner than expected, which was a bonus. Very helpful and friendly service from both husband & wife team. Customer Service was outstanding. Very happy, would highly recommend.
Alex was great, came back to make sure I had the app installed correctly to be able to monitor my solar production.
Bought extra panels and they made them fit (East/West config).

Original Review on 07-09-2020:

Know their stuff, did a great job

Great to deal with someone that really knows the technology well and can help us understand how to get the most out of our system. Also great price and install was completed promptly and without issue. Very happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

12 months on, everything is still working perfectly and we’ve not had any issues. Would buy the same again.

Original Review on 12-08-2020:

Replacement 6.6Kw Solar System

Alex provided a middle of the road quote for a 6.6Kw system,& was able to supply local references.The installation was good,& Alex provided a guide on the Delta Inverter & Delta Cloud connection to enable to see Solar production.Also taken into account was your recommendation of Delta / Seraphim panel's Original ratings

8 months later we asked ANDREW: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes,all good at the moment Finn

So Far, So Good

We found Alex knowledgeable and informative during the initial visit and quote process.
The install happened sooner that we though it would - pleasantly surprised - and all went smoothly on the day on installation.
Only day 2 with the new system. Had a problem with the inverter on day 1 due to my incorrect set up of the app - but Alex came straight out and got it all sorted.
Running as it should now without issue.

Good Install and A1 Customer Service

We would not hesitate to recommend Advanced Solar Technology.
After receiving four quotes, we chose AST from the Solar Quotes list. Not the cheapest but Alex was the only rep. to attend our site and discover what would have been a problem removing our existing system. His explanations and advice assisted us in making the final decision. The install was slightly ahead of the expected date and there were no problems. Grid connection was done at time of install and a new smart meter was installed by Western Power the following day. All paperwork required by Synergy was completed by AST. The clean up and removal of old panels was as promised. The monitoring app install was a little trickier and proved to be caused by discreet security settings in our router. Alex gladly sorted this.

Professional, open, honest and reliable

Getting our solar system was a great experience. The sales person was open and honest with us about what was actually achievable and what we could expect. Then the delivery wen much smoother and quicker than expected. The installation on the day, was by a very professional team, who clearly cared about the job they did.

Great service and install from start to finish

Alex and Michelle and their solar installers made everything so incredibly easy from the quotes and type of solar panels/inverters to the install process - everything went very smoothly.
Due to the Feb covid lockdown I initially had a Zoom meeting with Alex to discuss solar panels and what I was looking for with my solar install - this was very informative. Alex then came out to inspect the house and we decided on both north and west facing solar panels.
Even though I was told there would be a 3 week wait for the install, 2 weeks later we had the panels and inverter up and running and it has been incredibly fun to see the amount of energy being produced each and every day!
Very happy overall.

After several quotes from the list provided by Solar Quotes we decided to go with Advanced Solar Technology. It wasn't the cheapest but we were very happy with the process of getting our quote. From the initial phone call to Michelle and the home visit from Alex, who advised us of several options and helped us make the decision of what system to use.
Everything went smoothly and the installation actually happened before the original due date.
Installers we punctual and very tidy.
We are very happy with the whole process and would not hesitate to recommend Advanced Solar Technology.

Original Review on 06-06-2020:

Good sales representative. Quick and, it seems (??) quality installation

The Sales/quoting process was very good.
The installation was punctual, and looks OK (no broken tiles).
Customer service was very good - had an update on the Delta inverter, (which was a problem with my Apple computer as I don't have a Smartphone), but the Manager helped out.

8 months later we asked Ron: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far we have been quite pleased with having a solar system. The supplier, Advanced Solar Technology, has given superb service - including after-sales service that cannot be faulted.

Original Review on 01-06-2020:

Good Company, prepared to spend as much time as required to fully explain the systems available.

Sales/quoting was very good with a video hookup to ensure I purchase the best system for my needs.
The installers arrived exactly when they said they would. They were very tidy taking all the packing away and finished the job in around 4 hours.
The customer service has been very good with setting up the system and connecting to the grid, with a follow up phone call from them and a visit to check things. There is a problem with the wifi system and they are currently waiting for a new wifi circuit board to replace the existing one.

8 months later we asked Colin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed to my expectations and I am even surprised how much electricity is generated on cloudy days.

Original Review on 20-05-2020:

Professional but friendly process

The quotation was done by phone & video link, as I was in self quarantine, which was ideal as I did not want to wait 2 weeks to get the process started. The video link provided the oportunity to get answers to many questions imediately & for explanation of the reasons for the siting of the equipment that had been suggested. The other 2 suppliers also did their quotes using aerial photos of my property & phone conversations, at my request not theirs, as all 3 would have preferred a face to face consultation. The quotes were presented very punctually from all 3 solar installation companies.

The installation was done very quickly after accepting the quote & paying the deposit. The installers turned up on time (in fact a little earlier in the day than expected) & completed the job promptly. They were polite & respected social distancing rules from us & left everything clean/neat & tidy.

We were replacing a 10 year old solar system so did not need help connecting to the grid but they did have to remove the old panels & inverter as part of the install, which again was completed satisfactorily.
The owner of the business came to inspect the installation as they were finishing the job & spent time explaining the digital inverter read out & advised I could contact him any time for explanations on any aspect of the solar equipment or install which I would feel comfortable doing.
All 3 quotes were similar in price but had diffent equipment supplies (no point if they are all the same, so apart from the extra warranty on the inverter I went with the company I felt most comfortable with & that I thought would give me the best service & after care.

8 months later we asked Lynda: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes everything seems to be performing to expectations & have had no issues with the units or installation so far.

Advanced Solar Review

Alex and Michelle at Advanced Solar are a family run operation. This immediately drew me to them over the bigger companies where sales people care less about making sure you're happy than their commission. They were quick to respond and offered the best value.

The installation was great and the installers were punctual and polite. The only issue is they put rubbish in the recycling bin and recycling in the normal bin which I had to remove and correct, but thats an honest mistake.

After sales service was good too and Alex came over to show me the ropes however I was quite busy so couldn't discuss it for long with him.

Good quality system at a reasonable price

Sales consultant was well informed and knew his products well. Installation was arranged within a timely manner and everything went smoothly and to schedule.

System supply

Everything from the quotation to the installation & followup training on how to receive the maximum benefit of the system. Very happy with every aspect.

Great End to End Service!

Advanced Solar were quick to respond and came out to discuss my requirements. They accommodated my preference for how the inverter should be installed, advised me on the most efficient layout for the panels, provided great insights and advice on what to expect and how to get the best out of my system. The installation was flawless and I'm a fussy customer - there was nothing left for me to clean up after they had left. The team took great care and were happy to answer my questions - not rushed just trying to get done. They ran through the system with me once it was installed and walked me through the menu options and functions. They installed a PowerPal energy monitor which is a great little device for monitoring my consumption. Everything was done on time and I was never left second guessing what to expect next. They took care of everything from start to finish, all I had to do was place the order, provide a copy of my electricity account and settle the account once I was happy with everything. I'm happy to recommend Advance Solar to anyone considering a solar power solution - great no nonsense, down to earth service!

The Team Perform

Quote and sales process was seamless.

They were able to fix problems others could not ( not on this installation ).

Installation was excellent, tidy and punctual.

Customer service was great.

The panels work well. Better than expected in fact.

Good all round

Timely quote. Reasonable price. Very ett y quick lead time to instal. Instal done quickly with minimal disruption.

Original Review on 09-04-2020:

Amazing installer

One of the nicest sales guys we encountered. Very friendly, very informative, and the only one to not bad-mouth other companies/products. I also liked that he was not pushy, gave us time to compare all the quotes we got, and do research on the brands he'd suggested.
The installation happened much faster than we expected, and the crew arrived on-time, finished within the quoted time-frame and didn't leave a mess behind. Super happy with the entire process

8 months later we asked Marina : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

A year on and my solar system is still performing amazingly! I had a couple issues at the beginning, but Alex was able to sort them out within a couple days, and ever since it's been working perfectly. Every now and then I have a problem logging into the app, but it doesn't affect the solar system at all, and most days I get the max amount of power out of my panels. Still super happy with my choice of system and provider

Knowledgeable, efficient and great value for money

I felt they provided clear information on the system being recommended with suitable rationale explained. They came in with a great price, beating the competition significantly and followed that up with a prompt date for the install. Installation was good and although they had to pop back to finalise the neatness of the finish on the inverter, they were back next day as promised. We’ve also been offered an after sales meeting after our first full billing period, to review our usage and how efficiently we’re using the system. Excellent customer service.

Fantastic Service & Advice

Very pleased with the service provided from the original discussion, installation and follow up. The after-installation service was also extremely valuable. Highly recommend Advanced Solar Technology.

Original Review on 23-03-2020:

Good Installation, excellent customer service.

Sales/quoting process was excellent.
Installation was punctual, tidy and efficient
Customer service was excellent, everything organised, connected to the grid. Small issue with the inverter, fixed immediately.

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system is performing to our expectations. For anyone to get a full appreciation of the system you need to have it for a full years weather cycles, I would think especially relevant in the cooler climates.

Easy Process

The sales person came out and quoted and answered all our questions. They organised everything with the power company and the installation was seamless. The whole process was very easy.

Original Review on 08-03-2020:

Solar installation

How was the sales/quoting process? Good and no issues
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Good and no issues
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? Yes

8 months later we asked Brian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 08-03-2020:

Solar

Very happy with system, installation, information provided. Thank you Alex Original ratings

8 months later we asked Roger: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, we just need to use the generated power at the time its generated. Selling unused units back to Synergy is not ideal. Will install a Li-Ion battery once they reach a more realistic price level.

Professional sales and technology savvy

Quoting process was hassle free.
Install went well but installers could have been more tidy.
Customer service was seamless and system was operating on the same day as install.

All good so far. Excellent service.

Excellent. Sales person was knowledgable and all good so far.

Experience with my Solar Installation

The initial meeting was professional and all my queries and questions were answer.
I accepted the quote and installation was fully completed five days later. It was carried out on time and installers were courteous and tidy up afterwards.
The owner of Advanced Solar Technology is directly involved and Alex and personally did the grid connection the day after the installation was completed.
Alex will also conduct a follow up visit when I receive my first full energy account from Synergy.

I rate this my experience a 9 as I could not be happier with the grid results in my initial seven weeks.

Value for $

Sales quoting process - as expected (I sold insurance for 5 years, so i understanding selling techniques)
Installation - we were forgotten about for over a week from the original agreed date. Installers were good, however the finished inverter on the wall seems unnecessarily messy compared with our previous Sunny Boy box, which was compact and neat.
Service seemed competent

6.6kw sytem

Very good sale and installation.too early to comment on performance

Excellent customer service!

Excellent service from Alex and Michelle, super helpful with excellent communication throughout!

Fantastic

Alex was very nice and friendly and provided me with all the information I needed to make a choice with all the qoutes I had got. The system is working well so far

Best mid range offering from a straight up guy.

Fairly well organised and well priced company.
Assisted with the decommissioned old equipment and was prompt and contactable.

Original Review on 02-12-2019:

Recommended

Sales and quoting process was friendly, efficient, punctual and informative.
Installation was efficient, although the process to get an installation date (returning of phone calls) was somewhat annoying. Installers left a bit of a mess. I was given a Solar Energy Monitor, but no instructions from the installers (they put it in the meter box without telling me)
Grid connection done before installation.
Email sent after installation saying that a follow up will be made after I've received the second account from Synergy.

8 months later we asked Nola: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So far, so good. My account is in credit since instalation in November 2019. See how it goes over winter and next summer.

A pleasure to deal with

From beginning until end Alex was great. He was reliable and debunked lots of other sales pitches I was given from other solar companies with factual proof which I could research myself.
One of the great things about Alex is he customer service and real understanding of what the customer needs or wants. Besides for 1 installation problem, where alex was prepared to come out at 1010pat night should the problem not be resolved, it was an absolute pleasure to go with.
Alex and his team did everything from beginning until the end. Even expressing after the job was done to call anytime with any questions with regards to bills and performance etc..

Good overall experience

Installation was quick and tidy.
Service was good.
Alex took time to answer my many questions.

Knowledgeable, polite service. Did everything for me. Polite efficient installation team

Original Review on 20-10-2019:

Great company to deal with.

Everything went perfectly from sales through to completion and then the follow up visit by Alex the director to make sure we were happy with the system.

Can recommend Advanced Solar Technology to anyone looking to get this system.

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy. Our first power bill included one month without solar which had already reduced significantly. Haven’t had to pay for power since it has been installed.

Explanation of system, quality of components

The salesman was very capable and knowledgeable about what I was looking for.The instillation was on time and efficient. The connection was seamless and replaced the existing system.

Very good sales and install team. Not sure yet whether it's a cost benefit investment as there is an additional cost of the purchase plus, not yet received a bill to determine the export - usage cost

The sales process was informative and described the market products-suppliers; cost , reliability and history eyc of suppliers.

Overall happy with the installation process- 1 day

Good sales experience and super quick Installation

We used SolarQuotes to get 3 quotes and Alex was the first to make an appointment. He was very friendly and helpful and not at all pushy. After receiving all 3 quotes we decided that Alex had provided the best value system for our needs and after we had placed the order the system was installed just a few days later.

The installation went smoothly. After a few days, we discovered that the inverter was detecting over-voltage events and shutting down and Alex can round the next day to adjust the inverter. We are still getting some over-voltage events but this is now in the hands of Western Power to rectify.

Al-in-all an excellent experience and we can thoroughly recommend Alex and his team.

Original Review on 27-08-2019:

Good Installation and Sales

After spending many hours trawling websites for information I came across Solarquotes and found excellent information of solar systems as well as the option to get quotes, which I used. In total I contacted 5 installers, three were recommended by Solarquotes.
Michelle and Alex were helpful in stepping through the process of quotes and the application process.
The installers arrived after midday on the scheduled day and were finished by 4PM, excellent job done, inverter installed were I asked them to install it and panel rails trimmed off neatly. Conduit from the panel to the inverter as per regulations.
Even though the panels are not facing in a direction that will give maximum output, the system is producing a good output and peak around 4.5kW during the day, very good for this time of the year.
To summarise, Advanced Solar Technologies provided good advice and the installers did a good job, thanks.

8 months later we asked Andre: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed as expected, the last billing period was the first time since installation that we did not receive a credit, bill of $3.08, but as I am in credit, did not pay anything.

Very helpful, best value system

Alex was very knowledgeable, genuine and helpful during the quote and evaluation process. I have a non-ideal roof for solar and he was the only installer who suggested facing 8 panels to the west to maximise potential to utilise our generated power on site rather than export more. He answered my queries promptly and helpfully. Installation was done in one day and Alex came and helped after my screw line positions resulted in larger tilt arms being required. System has operated well in few weeks since installation. I am having an issue getting the inverter to connect to the cloud via my wifi so cannot currently monitor via the internet however I can connect phone directly to the inverter to get the daily production graph. Alex came over on the weekend to try and sort this out but was unsuccessful; he has taken it up with the manufacturer and is waiting on a fix.

Honest company

Overall, I am very satisfied with Alex and his team approach - delivery - maintenance. Definitely, j would recommend them.
George

My solar panels

System suits my needs. Happy with service. Would recommend to others. 5 stars

Quick to quote, slow to install

The initial quotation was timely and information provided was good.
After paying the deposit, now nearly two months has passed with no contact, despite email sent requesting an update. I am still waiting to hear from them. They cancelled my feed in tariff of 40c/kWh so I have been without it for one complete billing cycle with no upgrade to my system. I am replacing our existing system with a new larger capacity one.

Rod purchased the solar system on the 16th of December. With the backlog of installations at that time of the year, Christmas and New year holidays we got to his installation 4 days after he posted this review or within the 4-6 weeks quoted to complete his installation. We agree the application for the replacement system should have been done closer to the installation date as he did indeed lose his Feed in Tariff. We have now implemented procedures to identify this and compensated him with a free energy monitoring system. Thank you Rod for your business and trust you are now happy with us.

Fast installation, well informed supplier

Quick and easy quoting with visit to site and additional comparisons and advance on different panels and inverters
Fast and efficient installation. Polite installers but could have left the site a little tidier (some plastic zip ties and drilling dust left on site).
Customer service have always resolved/answered any queries and organised the grid connection very quickly , but do sometimes struggle to respond quickly

Original Review on 15-05-2019:

Couldn't recommend them high enough. Awesome from sales to installation! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Brett: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great company

Alex is professional, polite and.very helpful.
Had a software issue but he promptly fix it.

Comprehensive explanations

Arrived on time ,polite & gave clear easy to understand explanations

Good service

The salesman explained to me well the prons and cons of different options.
Installation was fast and smooth