• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

AHE Group Reviews

About AHE Group, Solar Installers

AHE Group (formerly Andrew Hanna Electrical) is a family owned solar design and installation business based in NSW, and has been operating for over 12 years. The company is a member of the Clean Energy Council.

The company says that there is an ever increasing number of panel brands available, but they recommend LG solar panels. They say that these panels are individually tested as a way of measuring each panel’s actual performance, so that they can install the best system to meet the customers’ needs. Andrew Hanna Electrical also say that they can recommend a number of inverter brands depending on the customer’s actual requirement. The brands they recommend and use are: SMA and ABB.

Customer testimonials for AHE Group are available, and include the following:

“Excellent service; I will definitely recommend your team to anyone. A very good service from the very beginning to the installation; information requests given prompt reply, and excellent workmanship from all involved. Many thanks from the Thompson family.”

“I would like to thank Andrew and all his team for the professionalism they have shown me with the installation of a 3kw solar system. When I approached AHE everything was clearly explained and we determined an installation date of 28 Feb 2011. I produced the information they requested and AHE have done everything else. Installation day was yesterday; Frank the electrician hooked up this morning, 1 March, and we are now producing solar power back to grid. A totally professional group, and I have already recommended AHE to other friends.”

AHE Group Solar Reviews

Paul from sales was great, answering all my questions and providing all the various specs/data i wanted without hesitation. Andrew and the team arrived on the agreed install date on time and were very professional and accommodating to a couple of extra things i needed done as part of the install. Show additional information
To be honest it is too early to start yelling fantastic for Value for money for the following reasons: 1. We are producing a lot of energy for the grid and so far getting nothing in return. 2. I am not sure if the system is an overkill (see reason 1) or the explanation for us getting a 10 kW system was faulty. With Battery Storage a 10 kW system would be understandable (but until prices come down this won't happen). At the present time the only people yelling 'fantastic' for Value for money are Origin Energy!
On the positive side I am more aware of what is using up our electricity through the Enlighten app which is fantastic, although a little misleading when it talks of Net energy imported. I have tried to make sure when the electricity is producing we wash clothes, dishes etc. and since we are home all day this is not a problem.
To be fair three weeks seems to be a little early to be making a judgement about Value: a long hot summer with Air-con on all day may have us adjusting this parameter to Fantastic!
I did choose one of the leads you supplied me they were your second choices you gave me an email link to forward my requests.
I was not given that chose in the first question. You can contact me if required.
Regards
John Emery
Really keen to be kept up to date on Battery options in the future as the technology becomes more consumer/ home mainstream and cost effective. Show additional information
Great customer serrvice, and Andrew was very informative and wasnt biased on any one particular system and just outlined advantages and disadvantages of each particular system and what suited me most Show additional information
Elected to use LG panels and SMA inverter. Excellent service from sales advice to quick installation. Show additional information
Hassle free, fast and very professional system installers. The paper works was done in about 2 weeks and installation in less than a day. That easy. They started around 7:30am and completed by 10:00am. The sparkie came later that day and finished the job. By afternoon, I had a fully installed working system. Thanks to Majed and his Team and Frank the Electrician. Show additional information
I found the design/sales guy Michael was very happy to talk through options and help me understand and make the best decision. They may not have been the cheapest price however they offered good quality SMA and LG products at a reasonable price and they backed it up with great customer service. They did make a few mistakes with design initially and also with installation however the owner Andrew was around the next morning at 7am to fix everything up to our satisfaction. I would definitely recommend them to anyone around the hills district in Sydney. Show additional information
They were by far the most professional company I dealth with. All had very simiilar prices but The AHE Group gave the best advice, listened to what I wanted and generally took the time to give our household the best solution. We decided to go with LG solar modules and SMA inverter and the price and quality was above the others. I would recommend The AHE Group to others for sure and you should have them on your books as a recommended installer! Show additional information
I found that the more u spoke to companies the more I realised that I was being given contradictory and even untrue advice. You need to do your homework and speak to at least 15 companies as they all have something to offer. Be wary of advice you are given. This industry seriously needs regulating. Show additional information
The main reason we went with AHE was the excellent system price and the great online reviews. They also promised to have an L2 Sparky connect the system to the grid the day after installation.

Unfortunately, they made a mistake in the office and it took a day longer than promised for the Grid connect but this was a minor problem in an otherwise, flawless experience.
The workmen (two) went out of their way to make sure everything was explained to me before they set up the system. They kept me informed of what they were doing and why. They provided all the relevant paperwork. And they completed their work in the time that they said they would. And it appears to be working well, although I haven't seen my next electricity bill yet. That will perhaps be the best indicator of how happy I am with the system. Show additional information
AHE installed our small PV plant mid March and we are very happy with the install. The whole team at AHE has worked well to advise, design, install, do the back-office work and even recovered speedily and gracefully from a little monitoring device delivery hiccup at the end. Their responsiveness was amazing.

The whole exercise was fast and uncomplicated for us, the customer, as they took care of everything like dealing with the 2nd level electrician, the energy supplier, the certificates, etc.

In our experience with tradespeople in Sydney, this is a standout. The 2kW Trina/SMA system we now have operating is doing so well, and above expectations. Highly recommended.
AHE Group were fantastic from beginning to end and answered all my questions with knowledge and truth. They delivered everything they said they would and on time and within my budget. These guys are genuine and also took the time to explain everything to me.

Their quote was very competitive but most of all they didn't lie to me about any of the products that they were proposing (unlike the calls I was receiving from 'solar car salesman'!).

I found out about them online through the whirlpool forum and thought I would give them a go.

If you are after solar in Sydney then go to AHE Group for a quote or at least advice.

Sorry, but the Mark Group were just full of lies and tried to push Chinese inverter as being better than SMA German! Also just kept pushing their own panels and were too expensive.

Go AHE Group you won't regret it....!
Found these folks on whirlpool. Fast and efficient and discussed size that was appropriate etc. Show additional information
Very professional group, happy to recommend them. Show additional information
Obtained about 10 quotes over 2-3 weeks. AHE Electrical were only one of three who made a site visit and provided a range of options and prices. Quality products used and installed by a professional team . Net meter organised by Andrew was installed the very next day. After sales service re remote monitoring of Aurora Inverter was outstanding. Show additional information
From sales to installation the company was top notch , i research solar for over a month and talked to alot of solar sharks that will tell you about the bells and whistles , while wanting to charge an absolute fortune , the sales man from Andrew was honest and not once did he try to pull the wool over my eyes ,Andrew and the team did a fantastic job right through the whole process from start to installation, and at a very fair price. If you want a hassle free solar install , deffinately use these people I've already recommended 3 friends and there absolutely wrapped as well with the finnished product and service. Show additional information
Just opted for a budget system, Samil Inverter, 2kw of BYD panels. Great company to deal with. Show additional information
Our installation with Andrew Hanna Electric was of top notch quality and value.
Although not one of our three recommended from SolarQuotes, we did check them out on SolarQuotes and their reputation here and on whirlpool nailed our decision.
Andrew and the team were very straight forward to work with - they answered all our questions and concerns pre-installation. They were very communicative and timely with any responses via phone and email and their turnaround time was very impressive.
All of the installation crew were great as well.
My partner was at home during the installation and checked in with him on any adjustments that had not been agreed.
We couldn't recommend them enough.
Excellent company to deal with. Straight forward advice, no compromises and a real pleasure to deal with. Came across them from the Whirlpool forums with many other people REAL reviews. Show additional information
Andrew Hanna Electrical have loads of quality feedback from other happy customers and don't trip off the BS meter as soon as they start talking. Definitely worth giving them a ring! Show additional information
Everything happened on budget and ontime. There was no pressure to go to more expensive options, just very clear discussions, the different component combinations provided and the cost.

A VERY professional outfit!
System not yet installed (due January). Their customer service to date has been fantastic and I found them via reading the whirlpool.net.au forums. Many had recommended them and so I got in touch with them for a quote. Can't beat word of mouth.

An end to end system where I do not have to contact a L2 electrician to organise my connection and they organise this for you so that it happens same day or 1-2 days after installation of panels. This was one of the main criteria for my selecton of them. Their price was also on budget and the only other company to keep to my budget could not install until March. This sounded completely ridiculous to me so I discounted them.
Very flexible and happy to cofigure to exactly what I want and need Show additional information
Customer service was fantastic.Waiting time for install was 6 weeks and was on the grid the afternoon of panel install Show additional information
Nicholls Sollar have very good service nice peple to deal with but the installation date to long! Show additional information
"Word of mouth" on the Whirlpool forums. Show additional information