Apex Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd

Apex Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

4.8

Based on 31 ratings  - Aus Ranking

At Apex Solar we pride ourselves on our great service and friendly expertise. Tim manages all the projects himself - from start to finish - so you know exactly who you are dealing with. And we don’t just disappear once we’ve finished your installation either. First class customer care after installation is super important to us. We like to make sure you understand the benefits and workings of the system you’ve got, and Tim is always on hand to answer any questions or give a bit of technical support.

Apex Solar works with an unlimited range of suppliers and products – we’re not locked in to one supplier or brand. This means we can offer a specialised service, tailoring the exact solar products that fit your specific needs and we always make sure you get the best system that fits your budget.

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $7,554 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Apex Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (31)

Original Review on 06-08-2020:

Highly recommend, fantastic installer

Tim was more than happy to answer all of our questions honestly and with very sound product knowledge. We received three quotes on three different systems and Tim guided us to the system that most suited our needs, we received the quotes the same days as his onsite inspection. Tim's team were all very professional, cleaned up after themselves and explained the workings of the inverter etc.

Tim organised everything with the electricity company with the instal of the solar smart meter through to applying for extra kw feed back to the grid.

Every aspect of the system and the inverter app was explained by Tim at a post instal visit.

We would highly recommend Tim from Apex solar to anyone for all their solar needs.

Hi Rob. Many thanks for taking the time to write this review - we really appreciate your kind words! If you have any questions at all relating to your new system moving forwards don't hesitate to give us a call, always happy to help!

Follow Up Review on 03-04-2021:

The system we had installed has been nothing short of incredible, our power bills have dropped from $200 to $50 per month in conjunction with a good deal with our provider.
Hide Rob's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very fair and amenable salesman for Smart House Solar (Max Marrison) and high quality installation by Apex Solar (Sam Doust)

Great experience all round except for having to wait a month for Ergon Energy up here in Townsville to make the effort to change over my usage meter!!

Says something about the lack of energy provider competition up here in Townsville with no other choices.

Hide Kevin's Comment

$10,000 to $12,500

Excellent service and experience

I spoke to about half a dozen companies for the initial quote, and apex solar was by far and away the most thorough and professional. Tim included all items into his original quote, including putting a timer on my hot water system, and adding a limiter. Apex Solar was the only company to include this item (limiter) which was mandatory for a larger system like mine.
The installation was carried out over a day with military precision. The finished rooftop install of 28 panels blended in perfectly with our colour bond roof, resulting in an unobtrusive finish.
Tim completed the commission of the system and was only too happy to answer all my questions.
The entire experience was excellent.
Hide Kingsley's Comment

Absolute best customer service

Tim and Gemma were amazing. I was very impressed with Tim's explanation of the system. He discussed the different options and listened to things that I wanted such as consumption monitoring and inclusion of the hot water He gave me 2 options to select from with enough information to make in informed decision.

They were exceptionally well organised and managed the installation very quickly around the weather and before the rebate decreased. Gemma gave me advice on providers as well when I had a last minute complication as I'd only just bought my property. Tim also helped out a couple of months after installation when I had a hotwater system and coordinated information for them.

I will turn to them for all future needs connected to my solar panels and would highly recommend them for this area.

As a single mum I contacted 3 companies. 1 got back to me with a 'standard' quote a month later after I'd already installed with Tim. The other was incredibly chauvinistic and arrogant.

Hide Jodie's Comment

Original Review on 14-05-2020:

Terrific service. Very knowledgable installer.

Tim rang me the day after I asked for the 3 quotes from Solar Quotes, and went to look at our existing system that day. His quote came through 2 days later, and we spoke about my different options.
He and his wife Gemma were in contact with us regularly to line up the installation, and everything went to plan.
The customer service provided throughout the process was first class.

Hi Chris. Thanks so much for your positive feedback. It's really important for us to have happy customers at the end of a job :) If you need anything else in the future just give Tim a call. Always happy to help!

Follow Up Review on 05-01-2021:

Yes it has.
Hide Chris's Comment

Inverter Brand

No batteries fitted (Other)

Battery Brand

Excellent Solar Install by Apex Solar

Tim and the team from Apex Solar installed my solar without any issues at all. Great install with the team leaving my house clean and tidy. The day following the install Tim arrived and explained how it all worked and had me setup ready to go once the new meter was fitted.

Couldn’t be happier and thanks to Tim from Apex Solar explaining everything about solar to me.

Have and will be recommending Apex Solar.

Hide Warren's Comment

Original Review on 20-04-2020:

Friendly and knowledgeable business with good quality equipment

Tim had great knowledge and was easy to deal with before we even went ahead purchasing the system. We did a fair bit of research into what we wanted and felt his product may have been a little bit more expensive than others but the quality and more years guarantee was what we wanted. You pay for what you get. In saying this, Tim had a very competitive price.

The installation process was extremely quick and no fuss. Highly recommend as we are very happy.

Hi Penny and Chris. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are really pleased that you are happy with your new solar system. If you have any questions moving forwards don't hesitate to give us a call.

Follow Up Review on 17-12-2020:

One year on and We are so glad we put on solar. We have a very small amount to pay if any. The company we dealt with has been easy to communicate with as we needed them to remove the panels so we could paint our roof. The men who did this worked quickly and came back when it suited us to re install. All the panels and equipment have performed well. Super happy one year later
Hide Penny's Comment

Great experience

The people were very professional and friendly. They did an efficient job and we are looking forward to getting our next electricity bill! Thanks For your help Finn!
Hide Ray's Comment

No fuss installation

Apex Solar no fuss from start to finish.
Great to engage local Companies.

Hide Greg's Comment

Panel Brand

Fronius Primo 5.0 (Other)

Solar Panel Installation

Apex Solar came to my property and looked at the roof before quoting. Assessed the position of the existing solar hot water system and overshadowing from a 2 story neighbouring property on the north roof. It was decided to place panels on N E and W sections of the roof. We discussed what I expected from the system and decided on the appropriate standard of the panels and the inverter. The system was installed in a timely manner and the site left neat and clean.
Follow up and after sales has been personal and professional. They took care of all the necessary paper work and installations.
Two out of three of the people your site quoted also came to the house and assessed the roof. The systems they quoted on were entry level Chinese systems for about the same price. Apex Solar came recommened by a person who has used their services for their original solar and subsequent up grades. They have been happy recommend to neighbours who in turn have recommend them to others.
Hide Jo's Comment

Longi Solar

great job

great price fast service and professionally installed. would highly recommend thanks Apex
Hide Terry's Comment

ABB

Original Review on 14-01-2020:

excellent work done promptly and effectively. only one to propose replacing off-peak hot water with solar powered for only an extra $200

getting 3 quotes was well worth it. easy to separate the greedy from the realistic. The installation was seamless and

Follow Up Review on 14-09-2020:

My son is part of a team working on research on community batteries at the ANU. I want one...
Hide Lindsay's Comment

Original Review on 30-12-2019:

Satisfied customer

Tim Baker owner of Apex Solar was courteous, factual, competitive price, and a delight to liaise with. Installation went ahead smoothly and System was working properly before I knew it. Would certainly recommend Apex to anyone in my area (which is mid north coast NSW) who wanted solar. They also dismantled old solar system first this was included in price.

Follow Up Review on 31-08-2020:

My system has performed as expected and I am more than happy. Have just had my electricity provider send me a refund cheque of funds in credit. So more than happy.
Hide Jenny's Comment

Well organised professionals.

Excellent work.
Professional mob, quick and effective. Punctual, courteous and good workmanship.

Hi Ed. Thank you for the positive feedback, it is much appreciated! If there is anything at all you need moving forwards don't hesitate to give us a call.
Hide Ed's Comment

SMA

Original Review on 21-11-2019:

All went well.

Apex Solar took the extra time to analyze what was the most cost effective system for us. The installation was uneventful and Apex solar handled the grid connection.
We are still waiting for WiFi setup and tidy up of the panel brackets but there are unusual circumstances ie Fires. So we are happy to wait.
We also had the hot water power diverted.

Thank you for your kind words Fred, and thanks again for your patience during the bad bush fire week. We will be in touch now everything has returned to normality.

Follow Up Review on 23-07-2020:

When we had the system installed we were aware that we would suffer performance issues during the cooler months. That is why we used the Trina panels to minimise as o thzatmuch as possible the effects of shading. So to that extent the system is working to expectations, however during summer the systems exceeds what we thought we would achieve.
Hide Fred's Comment

Customer-focused and knowledgeable installer

Apex Solar provided a professional and customer-focussed service with a clear knowledge of solar systems and the various products available.

Tim (as a licensed electrician and owner of the business with Gemma) managed all aspects of the process in a knowledgeable, friendly, informative manner. This hands-on approach by a local, small business supported by a qualified team inspired confidence which was well placed.

Tim visited the house to understand requirements, gave technical information and answered questions and then provided price competitive quotes with some product and price options. His suggestion of a cost effective upgrade to the hot water system to generate hot water from solar was taken up.

The installation team did a professional a job with efficiency and courtesy. Excellent communication by Gemma who sent information after the installation to the electricity provider. Tim then visited to set up wifi connection and explain how the system worked. Very satisfied with all aspects knowing that Tim is happy to be contacted for any questions.

Hi Noelene. Many thanks for your kind words! It was a pleasure to install your new solar system for you and if there is anything else you need moving forwards don't hesitate to give myself or Tim a call.
Hide Noelene's Comment

Fantastic installer

Was given 2 quotes with different inverters and panels. I requested a specific inverter and panel and was given to me no problem.
Installation was quick. The boys were polite and kept me up to date during the install process.
Tim and Gemma were awesome through the whole process. They organised everything, including the connection.
I am extremely happy with the overall experience.

Hi Julie. Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is always nice to hear. it was a pleasure helping you with your new solar system. If you have any questions moving forwards don't hesitate to give us a call! Always happy to help.
Hide Julie's Comment

Cost

Made in Singapore (Other)

Original Review on 13-11-2019:

Excellent installer in all aspects

Answered all my questions and kept things simple by not being too technical. Installation was smooth and although it only took 3 hours it was carried out in a neat and tidy manner. After sale service was also very efficient with grid connection etc.

Hi Ernie. Thank you so much for your feedback. It's really appreciated. It was a pleasure to do work for you and if you have any questions in the future regarding your new system please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Follow Up Review on 14-07-2020:

Only had two electricity bills and both were credits. The next bill will include winter and I am anxious to see what the charge is as we have had many cloudy days.
Hide Ernie's Comment

To easy hassle free

Tim and his crew at apex, amazing ,missed tims call to see what i wanted eg quote got two other quotes that were along the line as to request and at the last minute figure it was only fair to call and give apex there chance to quote a system for me.and wow comes back with top of the range inverter, top of the mid range panels, converted hot water system, i,ve been banging my head around the internet for 3 or 4 yrs, checking specs, ratings, reading reviews ect, wish i had apexes number back then, i'd own the system by now, Tim did an on site inspection, talked about a few things with the job. Emailed me the quote the next day, payed my deposit, couple of days later got an email from origin about supply disruption rang Tims lovely wife Gemma and told her the date of the disruption. Tim promptly rang back and said his men would be there monday, origin did there thing thursday, tim turned up friday went through everything about the system with me set up my internet page went through that had a chat about life and the way of the world job done, his service great, his men great, i could type all day about this company, east west system looks great on my 130 yr old house, producing power for whats expected for winter, if you live on the mid north coast kempsey, port, taree, forster ect please give these guys a call you will only be doing yourself a favour

Hi Darren. Wow, we are blushing! Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to us that we have happy customers. It was a pleasure working for you and helping with your new solar system. Any questions moving forwards Tim and myself are always happy to help.
Hide Darren's Comment

None (Other)

Battery Brand

A happy customer

Tim from Apex explained the facts clearly and in a straightforward way that gave me confidence in their design. Also the best value for money option. The installers were professional and communicated well. The organisation of the paper work and inverter setup was fairly painless and helped along by Apex. A little untidy on cleanup, just needed a good sweep.

Hi James. Many thanks for your kind feedback, we really appreciate it. I will be sure to pass on your comments with regards to the sweeping up. These things are important too and mustn't be forgotten about at the end of a job so your feedback will serve as a reminder for the team! If you have any questions at all regarding your new system moving forwards don't hesitate to give Tim a call.
Hide James's Comment

Original Review on 23-10-2019:

very professional & easy to understand

prompt & simply explained
polite,very tidy & punctual
yes accept we organised connection of smart meter

Thanks for your kind feedback Barry. If you have any questions at all regarding your new system moving forward please don't hesitate to give Tim a call. He is always happy to help.

Follow Up Review on 23-06-2020:

absolutely
Hide Barry's Comment

Great technical knowledge.

Tim, the owner of the business and an electrician, did the quote and the installation. Much preferable to dealing with a salesman.

Hi Adrian. Many thanks for your feedback. If you have any questions at all regarding your new system in the future don't hesitate to give me a call.
Hide Adrian's Comment

solar intallation

quote complete installation on time polite clean tidy team not an easy job but done efficiently same day completion organised grid connection great job all round

Thanks for the feedback Malcolm, we really appreciate it. Anything you need moving forward just give Tim a call. Happy to help.
Hide Malcolm's Comment

Great installation

Very happy with supplier. A couple of panels were faulty and were replaced quickly.

Hi Cindy. Thanks so much for your feedback. Glad we could get those panels sorted quickly for you. If you need anything else at all moving forwards don't hesitate to give Tim a call.
Hide Cindy's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

ET Solar

Goodwe

Original Review on 31-07-2019:

Apex Solar owner/Installer very practical and helpful. Easy to talk with. Later customer service from Inverter maker was average though. Inverter WiFi System is not easy to connect to laptop or mobile phone. Instructions not easy to follow. Not intuitive. Apart from that we will have to see how much our bill is reduced.

Follow Up Review on 31-03-2020:

System is great. Bills dropped dramatically
Hide Col's Comment

Solid wuote

Honest assessment, quick visit though price above others the quality of equipment goiod
Hide Grahame's Comment

Inverter Brand

It’s early days yet but so far very happy with level of service and advice I have received from Apex Solar. I have no hesitation recommending them for a quote and install.

Tim’s advice was first class, his quotes were competitive, The team was punctual, professional tidy and quick. Apex has made this experience pretty easy for me, the only thing they could have done to improve the service is not charge me ????.

Thanks for your review Terry, we really appreciate it. I wish we could our installs for no charge, it would definitely give us the warm and fuzzy's! Alas, that is not the case, but we do try to offer a good service to make up for it :) If you have any questions at all regarding your new system moving forwards please don't hesitate to give Tim a call. He is always happy to help.
Hide Terry's Comment

ETSOLAR (Other)

Great installer.

Trouble free from start to finish. Installation carries out on time. Good communications plus technical advice.

Thank you so much for your kind review Trevor. It was a pleasure working with you.
Hide TREVOR's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Would happily recommend Apex Solar

We had a complex install due to our roof shape, shading issues, requirement to support a generator now and batteries in future. I was fairly particular about what I wanted to achieve and in general have pretty high standards. I found Tim to be very relaxed, friendly and helpful during the quoting process and he seemed happy to spend the time discussing the system design with me. I had 3 quotes (2 through solar quotes and 1 directly with a highly regarded local installer) - all options seemed to be reputable installers using good quality gear, but I felt most comfortable dealing with Tim and felt his system design was the best for my situation. After months of to and fro and waiting on the installer I'd approached before coming to Solar Quotes they ended up arriving at a nearly identical design (& brands) to Tim's, but Tim was cheaper and arrived at that point immediately and without a fuss over the supposed difficulty of what I was asking for. He used top quality brands and I was happy with the installation he and the boys did, their electrical workmanship was very neat (rare for me to say that) and Tim kept in constant communication during the install to make sure I was happy and was willing to make changes to a couple of the panel positions along the way. If I had to fault him on anything, I wasn't sure exactly when he was going to come and do the install, but I know he's at the mercy of the weather so i guess that's to be expected. I'd be confident recommending Apex Solar to anyone looking for an installer - Tim has a can-do approach and seems to me like the sort of guy who will make sure the end outcome is something you're happy with.

Hi Micheal. Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to work on your install and if you have any questions at all regarding your new system please don't hesitate to give me a call. Always happy to help.
Hide Michael's Comment

Well pleased

Tim and his team were professional, polite and punctual. They inspired confidence.

Many thanks for your kind review Lawrence. It is much appreciated! Don't hesitate to give me a call if you have any questions at all regarding your system in the future.
Hide Lawrence's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

Cost

Thanks for the positive feedback Graham. If you need any assistance with new new system in the future please don't hesitate to give me a call.
Hide Graham's Comment