Apollo Solar Reviews

About Apollo Solar, Solar Installers

Apollo Solar
Apollo Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Garbutt and serves QLD. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Apollo Solar Solar Reviews

An absolute joke

These guys were good for the customer service & admin/sales side of things, however the installation was a nightmare.

During installation they:
- caused extensive damage to gardens around the property
- one of their installers fell off the roof
- they dropped a solar panel off the roof and it smashed
- We weren't present as we were at work for the day of the installation), so upon the installers leaving, rather than locking the door behind them, they just left every single door wide open.
- Installed panels on 3 orientations of our house on a 2 mppt inverter.

Additionally they promised that the solar panels and inverter that were supplied were excellent quality, however 7 years after we had our panels installed we had to get the entire system ripped off the roof as the performance was just so dismal. During this process we also discovered that they installed the wrong solar panels on our roof and it was only during the removal of this that we found out.

About 24 months into the system our inverter failed, however approx 3 months after lodging the fault they still hadn't managed to get onto the manufacturer to arrange an RMA. I ended up having to phone China myself and arranging it on their behalf because it never occurred to them to ring them then once it was shipped to Apollo Solar for re installation they signed for it but misplaced it :(.

Over all if you would like to add some completely useless solar bling to your roof, these guys are the best!, otherwise if you would actually like to generate useful power to offset your electricity bills I'd stay far, far away.
Thank you for giving me three companies to compare with existing installer. Show additional information
Awesome 13kw system just installed by Apollo. Great value deal, fantastic service, high quality installation team, immediate follow-up to ensure I’m happy. Best investment experience I’ve had in quite a while. I’ve been ruthlessly researching, meeting with many suppliers, comparing quotes, and working hard just to find a great solution. Mark from Apollo beat everyone hands down on every aspect, from service to solution, he and the team have given me the best!! I cannot recommend them highly enough!! Show additional information
SAE Solar, Couldn't follow instructions. IE i want a system with a battery.

Solar storage solutions. $2500 more than the winning quote. (battery and inverter identical to winning quote.)
Mark and his boys were excellent and I would recommend them in a heart beat. Not being around at the time Mark was available to answer all my questions even up to 8pm . Nothing was to much trouble. Show additional information