Champion Energy

Champion Energy Reviews

Champion Energy Pty Ltd is a local South East Melbourne company established in 2012 as a partnership  before becoming a company in 2014.

If you are considering solar power for your home or business then you will get accurate and honest advice from Champion Energy.

We provide an obligation free proposal which includes all the information you need  to make an educated decision on solar for your home.

Each of our systems is customised to your needs and your home. Inverters are installed in the garage or a suitable protected location where a garage is not available.

The prices listed on our website include a standard installation with internal or external switchboard and single story tin or tile roof.

Our service includes a 10 year warranty on installation work along with equipment manufacturers warranties on all equipment and we provide full support should there ever be an issue with your solar system.

Our solar sales staff have been in solar sales for over 7 years and will provide you with excellent service and assist you with all aspects of getting a solar system including approvals for Govt. grants.

We only work with the best Grid Connected and Off Grid Solar Installers we have known and worked with for many years.

Our professional solar installers and electricians install your system. We will never use unskilled laborers, leave a mess or not complete an installation to the highest standards.

Champion Energy is now also trading as Solar Power Ballarat and Solar Power Traralgon.

Video of Champion Energy's Ballarat based solar installation team Livewire Electrical installing a small commercial system. Get a quote from Solar Power Ballarat - the Ballarat arm of Champion Energy to have Kylie and her girls install your solar system in Western Victoria.

Reviewers report paying: $3,750 - $5,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Champion Energy Reviews (10)

Pete from Champion Energy was fantastic to deal with. He was patient and helpful, explaining the process step by step and helping me to compare brands and prices. The install was quick and painless

Fantastic service

Sales/quoting was excellent and very helpful, explained and answered all my questions very detailed email with quote assisted with application for rebate.
The installers were Polite, Punctual and explained about inspector and using the unit. Very helpful.
The customer Service was better then I would have expected, There have been follow up calls and I was kept up to date with process from start to finish. Even with delays due to Covid restrictions in place always a call, email or text.
Would highly recommend Pete from Champion for all solar needs.

Trouble free process, great installer

Pete from Ballarat Solar (Champion Energy) was fantastic. He was more than happy to help me through all my questions, walk me through the process and keep me updated along the way about timelines. Install timeframes from signing were quick. Kylie and her all female crew from Livewire Electrical Ballarat were fantastic, turned up on time and did a great professional job. Very happy with everyone involved including Solar quotes. Highly recommend. This was not my cheapest quote, but the friendly and helpful attitude and staff sold me to go with them and i wasn't disappointed

Supplier unable to make fully operational but still demanded full payment.

Let down by dreadful customer service. Installed by a good subcontractor, but supplier was unable to make inverter fully operational.

Told me I had to work it out with the inverter manufacturer. Supplier insisted on full payment, even though they accepted it was not fully operational. The manufacturer eventually managed to configure the inverter remotely after I managed to connect it to the Internet.

Hi Robert, your system was installed on the date arranged with you (6th May) with the equipment quoted at the quoted price. Your system was exporting power to the grid with your meter updated 2 weeks after your system was installed (20th May).

We sent you proof that your system was fully operational (graph of your power usage/export).We explained this means your system is fully operational.

We explained that your app would be connected as soon as lockdown allowed us to come visit your premises. You were impatient so we contacted the inverter manufacturer to assist you remotely.

We answered all your calls and queries and went out of our way to provide you with a good system in a timely manner. You withheld payment and annoyed everyone involved in the delivery of your system.

Really happy with my system

The quoting process was pretty straightforward. My “cheaper” quote company couldn’t actually come onsite to quote due to scheduling difficulties (my fault, not theirs), and had to do a remote quote. This might have resulted in their quote being one of the highest. We went with the company who had the time to sit down with us over the phone and answer all of our questions.

We have a terracotta tile roof, and I had read that heavy installers are prone to breaking tiles. My installer was an all-girl team (several of them were teen-aged apprentices) and they were fantastic! Very professional and they did very tidy work. Our power box is an organised delight, and the panels are nicely arranged.
The process isn’t finished yet, as lockdown 4.0 has gotten ion the way, but it’s been clearly explained a couple of times, and I expect we’ll be up and running shortly.

Original Review on 23-07-2020:

Great results, excellent installer team

How was the sales/quoting process? Was a fairly streamline workflow. Lot of online paper work to get through , but fairly straight forward. The sales quote was good. Suggest some customer service improvement in the follow up process. But nothing that was concerning.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Yes it was very efficient and on time to make a start. Completed within half a day. Completely open, knowledgeable and helpful installers.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? It has been two weeks and the process of inspection, paperwork has been submitted. Still on going with the process at this time.

8 months later we asked Rob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Complete confidence with the system.

Great crew who did the installation

Little problems with upgrade of switchboard upgrade ,due to COVID lockdown delaying finale authorisation , but all done and working connected to grid very happy with all who we’re involved.

Great Installation

All well done, except it took a while to get the Wi-Fi connection working

Very happy with the installer and the whole process

Very happy with installer and the whole process. They took care of the connection to the grid and kept me advised of the progress.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More