• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Energy Matters Reviews

About Energy Matters, Solar Installers

Energy Matters is a national company with offices in every state capital.

Company History

Energy Matters is a true pioneer. It was founded before the solar rebate even existed, in 2005, by four Aussies with a passion for renewable energy. It grew to become the fourth largest installer in Australia.

It was acquired by the US company SunEdison in 2014.

Unfortunately, despite Sun Edison Australia (Energy Matters) being a solid business, the US parent SunEdison filed for bankruptcy in April 2016. The US based parent comany was borrowing money to buy assets and using those assets to borrow money to buy more assets and then repeating the process. This is a common practice among rapidly expanding companies. It works well until it doesn't. When things don't work well it can be very challenging for a company. As in it blows up like the space shuttle Challenger did.

On the 6th of September 2016 SunEdison completed an agreement with Flextronics International USA (AKA Flex), Inc to sell the business of SunEdison Australia Pty Ltd (and it’s trading business Energy Matters) to Flextronics Australia Pty Ltd.

So Energy Matters is now fully owned by Flextronics Australia. Flex will take care of all past Energy Matters customers including honoring all warranties. Flex is one of the largest diversified companies in the world, offering stability and bankability after a tumultuous 2 years under the gung ho SunEdison.

Energy Matters Warranties

Energy Matters only installs solar panels from Tier-1 manufacturers with a minimum 10-year product warranty and 25-year performance warranty.

Standard inverter warranties run anywhere from 5 - 12 years, depending on the model. The warranty of some brands offered can be extended to 25 years.

With regard to battery systems Energy Matters installs, manufacturer warranties are a minimum 10 years.

The company also provides a 10 year workmanship warranty, which is excellent. This covers any issues that might result from their installation of your system.

You can read more about rooftop solar warranties here.

Energy Matters Provides A Performance Guarantee

Energy Matters provides an estimate of how much electricity they expect a system they install to produce and if it doesn't meet that level of performance they will compensate you for lost production as part of their performance guarantee.

Energy Matters Solar Reviews

Do NOT go with Energy Matters. I first contacted them in March 2017 and was talked into putting a 10% deposit down on the Tesla Battery cost $13,170, as I live in a rural area with many unexpected blackouts I really wanted a back up system so I could utilise stored energy. After 6 months of constantly phoning, emailing Energy Matters with no success I was finally sent an email indicating that they could not keep up with the Tesla Battery demand and would I be interested in the Sonnen Battery at a cost of $16,897. I was talked into it with the assurance that I would have full battery power in case of a blackout. After another 6 months of no contact or reply to my emails or calls I finally was contacted in January in regard to installation, a installer arrived with absolutely no idea of what he was doing, he even told me that he had never installed one and would be reading directions from a instruction manual. I told him I wanted it installed against a wall in the laundry, he wanted it installed against another wall, I told him that it was not a wall but the door to access the hot water unit. I left the room, returned an hour later and he had installed it against the hot water unit wall. When I asked him to move it back to the wall I wanted he refused saying he had a bad back and couldn't move it. There was a young fellow there so I had to assist the young fellow to move it. After spending 8 hours there all they had done was unpack it and secure the unit to the wall. A month later they returned and again spent 8 hours mucking around with the electrics only to tell me they couldn't finish it because my Wi Fi did not have a USB Port, apparently a site inspection should have been done prior to installation which was never done. So he left with instructions to get a Wi Fi with a USB Port, I got one but apparently it was the wrong one as they would not tell me what I needed. Eventually they told me I needed a Wi Fi Extender, not a new Wi Fi, eventually got one they recommended so a month ago, installer out, again spent 8 hours doing goodness knows what, only to tell me that the back up battery unit was the incorrect one and he couldn't finish the job. I have repeatedly sent emails, left messages (you cannot get onto anyone to answer the phone) and it is still not finished despite the fact that I paid the full amount on the first day of installation, I was told it would take one day to install so on the afternoon of the first day I paid, only to find out that the job was not done. DO NOT GO WITH ENERGY MATTERS, VICTORIA, THEY ARE HOPELESS! Show additional information
Didnt even reply to my call. Show additional information
Energy Matters has the worst customer support service I have ever experienced. They don't reply to voice messages or emails. Even when you do manage to speak to someone and they promise you that you will get a call back it doesn't happen. Their no customer liaison person who managers your job and you are forced to become your own project manager chasing up everything including deliveries. The whole experience with them has been awful. Firstly, they provided me with an installation date, but then delivered the equipment to Perth; instead of Sydney. Second; naturally, the installation date was delayed by more than a week, but that did not stop the then demanding payment based on the first installation date. Thirdly, the equipment arrived in pieces on three different dates, so what was supposed to be a one day installation turned out requiring me to be home on three different days. Fourth, the installer was a Sydney based sub-contractor: I would have been better of going with him in the first place rather than a Melbourne based company, as he would have done exactly the same job for cheaper. Fifth, the new meter was not delivered with the rest of the equipment and had to be chased up. Sixth, the installed turned up unannounced and could not install the meter; when he did he turned the power to the house off and did not turn it back on again when he left. Seventh, the meter installed was not a 'smart meter' as promised to enable me to gain the full benefit of the SolareEdge technology. I had to pay several hundred dollars to have a smart meter installed; only to have this replaced at no charge by the electricity supply company within three months; money down the drain. Eighth, now, after twelve months, I discover that the system is not producing the kWhs that was promised in the contract as part of their performance guarantee. However, not surprisingly I have no response to my emails for 4 months seeking to claim against their performance guarantee and no response to my phone calls. Show additional information
We are having problems with our panels, ie ( Starting to Burn Out ) have notified the the company that sold and arranged the install of the Solar system. Still waiting for a response. Panel Model SF160-24-M 190W 5 inch cell

Regards
Paul
This has been the worst purchasing experience we have ever had. We accepted the quote for our solar PV system on June 27, 2017 and paid our deposit straight after. And, we are still waiting for a confirmed date for installation. Over 8 months to get a pretty straightforward system installed! This was after Energy Matters saying that it would be up and running in 1 to 2 months. We are frankly amazed at the challenge of getting done what should be Energy Matters core business: getting solar PV systems installed. And this done in a reasonable time frame. If we could give Energy Matters a zero star rating we would – simply because they have failed completely to do their part of the deal and that has cost us a whole summer of electricity production.
In the eight months we have been waiting, we have had seven different Energy Matters people looking after our account due to staff attrition. As others who have dealt with Energy Matters have noted, at times we have felt that we have been driving the process. This has involved well two dozen emails (and more phone calls than that) to either Energy Matters or their local installer trying to make sense of the extensive range of ‘reasons’ that have been raised for the over 8 month delay. Like others, we have had promise after promise to return calls and sort out the installation followed by failure after failure to do so. Energy Matters offered us an upgrade to the system and later a small discount to try to mollify us. But we would just prefer to get this sorry saga over and have a working PV system. And like others have done, we would recommend avoiding Energy Matters and instead go to a company which talks with customers, respects customers and delivers what it promises.
Recently I discovered my solar panels had been installed incorrectly and had only been working at half generating capacity for the last 6 or so years.
I got this fixed myself but wanted to discuss and resolve this complaint with Energy Matters but they simply haven't acknowledged or responded to any of my emails over the last two months. Very disappointing.
Extremely poor customer service after the initial deposit is taken. Was promised a quick install during the selling process. It has been 4 months and they havent even progressed to book an installer.
I am spending over 20K for this system and they are just giving false reasons after another. Actewagl had approved my install in Oct 17, and they still blame them for the delay, then when I proved them wrong, they blamed ACT installers, then blamed their parent company in California for imposing certain regulations for new installers, now after 2 months of that blame game, it has now gone to the type of brackets that were ordered for the installation, which supposedly went out of stock.
They still havent booked an installer , and it looks like they never will.
The matter was escalated to their customer liason officer, and interestingly this person doesnt reply to my numerous voice messages and emails.

When I complained about their service, they offered me a cancellation and refund of the deposit, to get me off their record books, and soon after that cancelled my sale and sent me a notification, with my approval to go ahead.

After 5 months of D!*$ing around they are justntrying to get rid of me..

PATHETIC
I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. There after sales support is hopeless. It has been 5 years since I had my system installed and since then at least 3 times I had to claim warranty on the inverter.

I have been holding myself not to write anything in public forum & give them a fair chance to fix the issue but have to say it hasn't been easy.

I logged my fault on 20th December and they are still talking to the technician to arrange for initial appointment.

I have left numerous messages, emails, voice mail to the person handling my case and even to his manager but they didn't even have the common courtesy to acknowledge or respond. I messaged them via FB messenger and got the standard response that we will get someone to call you.

Every time I have to call them and ask for update.

Please save yourself lot of headache for later and don't bother choosing them.
The salesman gave my elderly mother a guarantee that for 25 years that she would not get an electricity bill - he stated that if she did get an electricity bill in that 25 year period, then Energy Matters would pay that bill.

Install was continually delayed - Deposit was paid in January - install was not done until August/September.

When my mother asked for the guarantee in writing, she was told a guarantee was never made, that the only guarantee they have is on the panels. This salesman is a blatant liar, totally unscrupulous and has no qualms conning elderly women to tune of over $40,000.

We spoke to their legal team, who said she had listened to the recordings of our conversations but would not provide those recordings to us, or even let us hear them, unless we took legal action.

We went to the Department of Fair Trading - who has no power to do anything, so that was a waste of time.

We have been calling them every day for 14 days to try and get this rectified. The call always goes to a recorded voice mail and asks us to leave a message - and then they never return the call. My mother has been logging these calls in case it is needed in the future.

At the moment we are speaking with an installer from there, who responded to the ticket we lodged about the faulty system. He is also trying to solve the other issue of the "25 year guarantee of no electricity bill" that they say they didn't give.

If this fails, we will be going to A Current Affair, the Ombudsman, and finally our solicitor. I will not let them rip off my elderly mother this way. I don't care how long I have to fight this for, I will keep fighting until there is nothing else I can do. And then I will post what happened everywhere I can on the internet to warn others not to use this company.
Genuinely hopeless post-sales support. Seemed professional & organised during sales process. Post-sales support is woeful and seems to be managed by temps with little care for customer experience. My installation was completed & inspected 4 months ago, and I'm still waiting for it all to be finalised and my retailer updated so that they can start paying me for the solar generation. I've called numerous times and been told that my retailer rejected the submitted paperwork which is "really unusual" - reading recent reviews on Google it seems that this is pretty common. I've been promised call backs and follow ups, which mostly don't happen & when they do it's just a fob off and promise of another follow up.
I wish I'd read the Google reviews before signing up, I would strongly advise against trusting this company with your money - my suggestion is to withhold some of the cost until the whole process is completed. Companies like this shouldn't be allowed to operate in my opinion, they will wreck trust in the industry.

Thanks for the review, Frank. Show additional information
I had the installation booked 3 times before it was done. In the time since install the rules for metering have changed and no one can tell me what has to happen next. I have been told on numerous occasions that Energy Matters will get back to me and they never do. I have approached One Big Switch who recommended them with no reply as well. I have had a level 2 Electrician inspect the system and he said he can not finalise the system until paper work is filed with the energy provider. The energy provider has to be notified by the installer. I have paid good money for a system which is incomplete. Thanks Energy Matters. Show additional information
Installers turned up on time and within 3 hours all done and genertaing over 3.5kW (at 11.00am Melbourne time). Now awaiting Ausnet to reprogram my meter to get the feed-in tarrif set up.

It's good to hear the installers worked efficiently and had your system up and running in good time Ian. We hope Austnet have your metering sorted out now.
Recommended by MASH 3
Not installed yet.
Don't use Energy Matters. Their customer service is woeful, especially the abysmal lack of communication with the customer. I ordered my system on 27 June and final inspection and approval took place on 21 December, with a number of mis-steps along the way. I spent much frustrating time and energy trying to communicate with both Energy Matters and their sub-contractor in Canberra. Nobody at Energy Matters seemed to "own" the job, so it was challenging even identifying the right person to communicate with. At times it felt as though I was the one co-ordinating the installation, rather than the provider. I received a $500 discount to compensate for the drawn-out installation; but I would much rather have paid the full price for an efficiently and timely delivered turnkey system. Show additional information
Of the three suppliers provided only Ekonomix came through with a firm quote, they were the most efficient, and worked with me to understand the size and systems available. However, Energy Matters provided a very competitive quote with what I viewed as better quality of solar panels, plus a preferred battery system.

Installation is scheduled for March 2018. So not information on the installation as of yet.
Great company to deal with. Highly recommend!!

I did quite a bit of research before choosing an installer. Energy Matters have a great reputation and were great to deal with. I signed up the Solar Quotes website. They only refer you to reputable Solar companies. I love a bargain too, so I had quite a few quotes and conversations with some cheap and less than reputable companies not recommended by Solar Quotes. I was a Solar novice but after around 3 months of research I was confident about what sort of system I wanted. And despite only having researched roof top PV for a few months it was quite clear that I had managed to gain more basic knowledge about Solar in a short time than many of the reps that I was dealing with. Baffles and my god some of these people talk out of their butt. I can not strongly enough recommend that people sign up to the Solar quotes website if you are looking to install solar. They referred me through to a few Good solar companies. Energy Matters were the best on price and were willing to over size my system (which everyone should be doing as it make sense $$$$). I have a 5kw inverter with 6.21kw of panels. This is the biggest system that can fit on my roof, I wanted 6.48kw but I ran out of roof space! In the end the price difference between adding a few panels to the system to take it from a 5kw system up to 6.21kw system was only an extra $620. That's right an extra 1.21kw for $620. It was a no brainer and I am very happy. System has only been in for 4 months so I can't yet say exactly how my annual bill will be improved but so far so good. Can't recommend Energy Matters enough. They were knowledgeable helpful and great value. I was a pain in the head too, I sent a lot of emails asking for changes with many different scenarios and arrangements for the system and they were very accommodating and responded to my emails quickly.

P.s Ask your installer about over-sizing your system 133% everyone should be doing this !! $$$$

Oh yeah and I can see a review here stating that "Energy Matters wanted to install without a Council Permit" I work for a local council and a permit is only required when tilt frames are used or the install is for a total area larger than 38m2 or 24 or more panels, so yeah.. grain of salt.

Cheers!

We are pleased to hear of your positive experience with Energy Matters Michael, thanks for the review. These days it makes good sense to install the largest system you can, as the payback times are good, and you can often cover a significant amount of your energy demand even in cloudy weather, and the FiT credits can really add up on sunny days! Show additional information
The product itself is very good. The installation went well. However, I have had an ongoing issue for the past month and a half with payment. I paid the deposit as soon as I was told and provided the details to the sales person. I received an email from someone else who showed that the deposit was received and the install would be done on 09/10/17. I had to pay the balance owing prior to or on the install day. I transferred the balance prior to the install and Accounts Receivable advised they received it. Then they told me that they could not find the deposit I had paid to the same account. I have provided the bank transfer information a number of times as requested and emailed asking when will I get a receipt. I even submitted a Contact Enquiry form via their website in desperation. A person responded to let me know what had happened to cause the issue (nothing to do with me). I was provided incorrect numbers to quote. I still don't have a final invoice or receipt showing fully paid after a few more emails.
Beware of making payments to this company - try your best to make sure you have the correct information to quote on your bank transfer which is difficult when you are relying on them to provide it.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your payment processing. After reviewing the order, we have identified that the bank payment has been transferred with the incorrect reference number. As a result, our account team had issues matching the payment to your account. After contacting you, the payment has been correctly allocated and a receipt has been provided. As a result of this event, we have improved our processes making the reference number even more prominent and training the accounts team on the event. We appreciate your patience with this issue and apologise for the disruption. We are also happy to hear your system installation and product quality are matching your expectations. Show additional information
This company lied about the progress of our installation, blamed the Essential Energy (NSW electricity provider) for the delay when they had not even submitted the application. They were difficult to contact and rarely replied to messages (phone or email). Offered better equipment to make up for the lies and inconvenience and then submitted an application to Essential Energy for a lesser system. Promised 290w panels and then told me they no longer had them in stock and gave an option of 260w panels or wait until next year for the 290's , I paid my deposit in July 2017 and was now looking at a possible installation in Feb.2018.

I did not buy or have installed a solar system from Energy Matters, I gave up in disgust and am now waiting for a return of my deposit.

We are very sorry for Bruce’s experience. This event has not been up to our standards of quality and we take this feedback very seriously. Bruce’s deposit has been fully refunded. We have initiated an additional training program to avoid this issue to occurring again. Unfortunately, due to stock availability and global supply shortages, we couldn’t fulfill Bruce’s order as per expectations. We have built our company over 10+ years on honest and excellent service and we strive to update our systems to keep supporting our customers’ needs Show additional information
Chose Energy Matters..wish I had not. No idea about system quality or value because the service has been so poor I have no idea if my system is even working. So far I can report that an outlay of $4k is saving me about $10 per month?? Have responded to Energy Matters requests for feedback via survey with scathing comments which of course have been ignored. Not usually a cranky punter but this crowd are going through the motions on customer service...and have driven me to this review..which I fully expect will be ignored. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Vivien. Show additional information

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences with solar sales people Ken. Energy Matters recently celebrated 10 years in the business of solar, and certainly aims to be around for many years to come! Thanks for your review.
These guys were excellent and the installer was incredible (Gyula Fisli!) so recommending and would merrily buy again!!!

Thank you and great to hear that Gyula did an excellent installation for you Clinton. We trust you are enjoying producing your own clean energy now. Show additional information
SOLAR SYSTEM THAT HAS NOT WORKED PROPERLY SINCE INSTALL.
1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017
BUYER BEWARE , THIS COMPANY HAS INSTALLED A SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR SYSTEM ON MY ROOF THAT HAS NOT WORKED SINCE INSTALL.
1; Was not advised of cross over cost. Was advised by a Manager of Energy Matters that they would pay half, have not seen a cent.
2; Was harassed by an overseas call centre (WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE)
3; Have had a builder that has had two electric shocks from the roof. The installers came back and explained to me that the roof was live and he would get to the bottom of this then the installers boss rings me who was not at the site and has said that the roof was not live.
4; We now have a roof that leaks where the solar panels were installed. This roof has never leaked as we have been through the 2011 and 2013 floods without a leak.
5; Was advised by a representative that if Energy Matters could not resolve this that we would get our money back , now the tune has changed. All we want is a solar system that works.
6; Every time we ring up to try and resolve this all we get from everyone we talk to is " I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR. FRUSTRATION"
ALL WE WANT IS A SOLAR SYSTEM THAT WE WERE PROMISED AND PAID FOR.

Energy Matters is disappointed to read Brett’s negative feedback regarding his recent experience with our company.

We would like to address the concerns he has raised in his most recent edit:

‘Meter Change Over Charges’ - third party costs are, and have always been, out of the control of solar companies – this is an electricity distributor issue, in this case Energex. As part of our standard communication, both verbal and written, Brett was informed prior to the solar installation about potential meter change over costs. Brett has acknowledged receiving this information. At no point was any member of Energy Matters seeking to mislead Brett about third party costs. Brett has been offered a partial reimbursement however he has said he does not want our money.

‘Harassment from overseas call centre” - Brett received a call from the Energy Matters Accounts Team the day after his solar system was installed to request payment. It was a standard telephone call from our team politely requesting payment after the system had been successfully installed. The Team was informed by Brett that payment had already been made and no further discussion took place. We accept that Brett may have felt frustrated receiving this call from Accounts, we have apologised, however cannot accept that it was ‘harassment’.

‘Electric Shocks’ allegations– Brett reported that a builder touched his guttering and received a Zap. Energy Matters arranged for a certified team to attend as soon as possible. The installer performed required tests and confirmed that the roof was not live. We are currently looking into Brett’s allegation of what was said onsite, as we take safety very seriously.

‘Roof Leaks’ – Brett reported the roof leak during the QLD cyclone. Installers attended as soon as this issue was reported and found that the leak was not caused by the solar installation however assisted in sealing it up for Brett. The customers' insurer is of the view it may be caused by solar and as such we are waiting for a third party report to determine the cause. If the report is assessed to show there is an indication of fault on our part, Energy Matters will cover all costs associated with the repairs.

Energy Matters has actively made steps to resolve each issue Brett has raised in a timely manner, even if the issues fall outside of our control. We have been supportive with all issues Brett has been experiencing and we look forward to a fully satisfactory resolution.

Thank you for the review Margaret. Show additional information
The installers made a small mistake by evenly distributing the panels into 4 x 10 amp strings (a VERY logical choice) whereas the inverter has a hi-current and lo-current input and so the system peaked at 8kW instead of 10kW. The inspector detected this and they came back and reconfigured it accordingly, I now get a peak of 10KW so very happy. Have rated the installation as 5 as they knew their stuff, have installed a very solid system that survived a VERY windy night soon after and only fell down slightly on the inverter configuration but I did get a very large system which they would not get to install particularly often so they do deserve a 5, and the inspection process worked perfectly in picking up the error and getting it rectified.

I am less happy with the power company (powercor/origin) as they seem to be dawdling on the meter reprogram so they can use my excess power for free for a while - very petty of them given it will only get me 6 cents a kWh anyway.

The pre-sales was extremely honest and detailed, he know of all the discounts available and they did all the work to get them through to also submitting all the paperwork to the power company for the meter reprogram - a one-stop shop that gets the job done, done right and done well - very impressed. They also sell batteries (I got a Battery-ready system) but still insisted that I avoid them for now as the cost-benefit is not there yet even though I was keen to evaluate this. They did provide all the details and I was able to determine for myself that their evaluation is correct and so I have put off batteries for a couple of years (probably 7 now so I can get my money back on this installation first). How many sales people would NOT try to sell you more!! Very Happy.

Thanks for the very comprehensive review of the quoting process, installation and your system Mark.
It is worthwhile to check on the viability of a battery system every now and then before this system has paid itself off, as battery prices are falling and electricity prices continue to rise.

Thanks for the review Gordon. Show additional information
I purchased a 2Kw system from Energy Matters in 2009 and that array of panels has given me NO trouble at all and the company could not have been more helpful and courteous.
I than went with this company again with the same brand of panels and inverter because of the efficiency of the hardware and the staff I did business with.
I had a new 5Kw system installed in late September and the service was the same as before and it is working well in conjunction with the old 2Kw system.
More than happy with this company.

Raymond A Hill
NSW

Thanks for the review Raymond, it's great to hear that your systems are performing well. Show additional information
I DIDN'T GET SOLAR CELLS INSTALLED AS I ALREADY HAD A 5 KW SYSTEM INSTALLED. I WANTED A BATTERY STORAGE SYSTEM TO ADD TO EXISTING SYSTEM AND OPTED FOR THE POWERWALL. EVEN THOUGH THE COMPANY I WENT WITH WAS $300 MORE, THEY WERE VERY EXPERIENCED AND HAD ANSWERS FOR ME STRAIGHT AWAY, WHEREAS MOST OTHER INSTALLERS DIDN'T HAVE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS OR WERE VAGUE IN THEIR ANSWERS.

Thanks for your review Tim. We trust your Tesla Powerwall is allowing you to use more of your own clean solar energy and reducing imports from the grid. Show additional information
From Solar Quote website, 2 companies quoted, Mark Group & Madison Group. Madison Group quote was competitive just as SunEdison (quote incl microinverters) whereas MG did not (if required at 20-30% more). Sunedison appointed Solar Elec to install our system for 3 phase power, highly recommended. Awaiting power company to hook up. Show additional information
Didn't adequately answer my queries & questions throughout the process.
Had to badger their solar adviser for details as required with vague,slow responses.
Communication? Not great.
Had to ask for a detailed account! Another vague answer..
The system has now been installed,but not switched on as yet.
Due to basic knowledge I gained as a result of my own research, I upgraded my choice of inverter at extra cost,( SMA Sunny Boy 3000TL) which added to the final installed price, as a result,I feel that my system will be solid & reliable, & still came in at just under $5,500.
Their post sales service has been awful. Until they received payment they were excellent but relatively simple issues have not been closed out. Both emails and phone calls are not returned. They have been advised of this. Show additional information
Very detailed explanation of what would happen by SunEdison Sales in Vic & the eventual installers in Qld Show additional information
The information from all but one quote was very helpful in making our decision. Show additional information
I bought two 2.6 kW systems, for two different properties (one suburban, one in semi-rural outskirts of Melbourne) after researching available products and discussions with representatives of three providers. Two of the three reps provided detailed information on the web, and one provided excellent suggestions to help me choose higher quality panels and adopt microinverters to better cope with problems of roof shading and to prepare for the later addition of battery storage.
The service from SunEdison to this stage (four weeks after applying for the installation) has been excellent, in terms of information, assistance with procedures, contacting installers, checking on installation and inspection, and paperwork for permissions. The progress of the installation at my house in the suburbs has been faster than I expected: after four weeks only the switch over of the meter by the distributor is needed. The progress of installation at the semi-rural property is a different story. Installation carried out within three weeks but no information about inspection or contacting the retailer for starting the process of changing the metering. This difference presumably reflects variations in the timetables of the subcontracted installers and the inspectors, not on SunEdison.
Will they ever return my call? or How do you get something fixed with Energy Matters?
I have tried to have system fixed since mid December 15 & still no date set to fix it very poor service.
No excessive sales carry on. Very good customer contact and communication. Show additional information
The initial installation, although slow to organise was completed satisfactorily with good service from the local INSTALLER. HOWEVER, 2 1/2 years later we now have a problem with a system failure and the FOLLOW-UP WARRANTY SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY APPALLING. If you are contemplating using this company be very aware that you may have issues with the product and then MAJOR SERVICE ISSUES WITH FOLLOW-UP.

Since the initial support enquiry on the 30th November there have been supporting email exchanges and phone calls with the customer.
SunEdison first responded within 24 hours (1st December) requesting further information and photos of the inverter error message as required by ABB to process the warranty claim.
Roger and Carol promptly sent photo showing “waiting sun” “error message, which is not sufficient for the Technical team to immediately process the warranty claim.
We requested a photo of the “int error” message, which took some time to get as the inverter appeared to be displaying the “waiting sun” message even when there was sun. This was frustrating for all parties involved.
On the 9th of December we received a photo of the error message required by the Technical team from the Roger and Carol and added that to the claim.
We have maintained regular communication with the customers and updated them with the new information as soon as we received it.
The inverter replacement has been approved and the work order has been scheduled with our local electrician in coming days.

Mark group didn't bother to contact me Show additional information
Wow did I get lucky when I decided to go with SunEdison. I noticed the local council (Port Phillip Council in Melbourne) was using them to do a community bulk buy so I thought the council must have done some due dilligence to choose them. I contacted SunEdison privately and booked in an install.

I first enquired about solar on one of those "compare solar installer" websites and was bombarded with phone calls from every man and his dog trying to get my business and all using pretty low grade kit, but charging a motza if you wanted a decent inverter or panels. These 3 companies probably give a kick back to the website. SunEdison never came up as an option on the websites.

As I have background in electronics I soon realized that you do not always get what you pay for and "cheap is cheap for a reason".

SunEdison, in my opinion were mid priced for a high end product. I got a 2.5Kw system with a 3Kw inverter (in case I wish to add two more panels in the future) system using 260w REC panels (German I think), a beautifully designed Fronius Primo inverter (pretty solid and reliable European inverter) and those new tilt mounts. I paid a little over 5K on a job that I reckon other installers would have walked away from (A two storey townhouse with a fusebox in a troubled location). NO JOB WAS TOO HARD FOR SUNEDISON - two thumbs up to the installer "Campbell" and his buddy.

Dont bother looking for the cheap as chips system and budget company as it could end in heartache.

The industry seems full of shady folks, but these guys knew their stuff.

I am a happy customer and would gues anyone that gave a bad review to SunEdison was either extremely unlucky or is some inferior mob trying to downplay them. If you wish to try someone else, then good luck, I am sure there are other good installer out there and I cant tell you who they are, howver I reckon I could take a guess at a few of the duds.

Lets just put it this way - the ones high up the Google search engine that seem to do mass budget installs are probably worthy of at least some caution
Information flow from the main company was slow to the customer, they also use sub contractors for installation. This offer was based on the Wyndham council program to promote solar. Show additional information
I gave 'only' 4/Good for 'value of money' and 'quality of system' because as per today the system is, due to not being connected to the grid yet, nonoperational and I simply don't know if it will meet the projected operation criteria, kW. I also gave 'only' 4/Good for Customer Service because at times I had to contact them few times to fix the paperwork, but at the end all issues have been sorted out as they should. Show additional information
Two of the 3 suppliers contacted me.
SunEdison was first with quality info and talked up their product.Their price was in range of previous quotes I have received over the last year or so.
The panels were installed last week and I am just waiting for Energex.
With all your information you gave me, it was easy to decide where I had to go ,and what to look for so thank you very much Finn, much appreciated. Cheers. Glenn Show additional information