Expert Electrical Tasmania

Expert Electrical Tasmania Reviews

Expert Electrical Tasmania - serving the whole of Tasmania - designs and installs grid connect solar, batteries and bespoke off grid systems. German solar inverter manufacturer, SMA trust us to be a Power Plus partner. German solar panel manufacturer, SolarWatt have chosen us to be one of their Australian solar installation partners due to our commitment to the highest quality design and installation practices. We will also install other high-quality solar brands if they better suit your budget or situation.

Whether you want a high performing residential 6.6 kW system or a bulletproof 30 kW off-grid system in the remote Tasmanian bush, we can design you a system to suit your home, and install it to the highest standards.

We have a highly rated sister company in Queensland, Expert Electrical, but Expert Electrical Tasmania - run by Accredited Solar Designer and Installer, Scott Logie & Liam Nichols - operates out of Tasmania, and we are here to support our customers for the life of their systems.

Reviewers report paying: $5,900 - $10,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Expert Electrical Tasmania Reviews (15)

Great company

Very happy with the quoting and installation from Expert Electrical.

A1

No hassles, great price, great customer service and followed up a few months later to see how everything is going, would recommend.

Fantastic

We are extremely happy with our Solar the team were great to deal with and the installation was great

Fantastic Off-Grid System

Very grateful to be put in contact with Scott and Tony from Expert Electrical Tasmania via SolarQuotes. I had been finding it difficult to get information and a quote for an off-grid system in Southern Tasmania. Scott was very helpful and knowledgeable with some great advice. They were able to install in a much quicker time frame than the other companies I contacted and their communication and follow-up so far has been great. System working well so far and remote monitoring system is easy to use.

Very good overall

Original contact was prompt and received quotes on good, better and best systems within 48 hours of the first visit. First installation date was put back by 3 weeks due to inclement weather affecting other jobs. Second date was met and 2 chaps did the installation in 1 day ( 25 panels, inverter , 25 Tigo optimisers and energy meter}. Solar was operational same day and Tony and Scott did the appropriate work within the next few days so that I could monitor the system. They also handled the paperwork, etc, with the energy supplier. The 2 subbies used for the installation were excellent tradesmen and good workers. They did a very professional and tidy job. Customer service in the main was very good. Had a couple of communication problems early on - probably because of some confusion with which email addresses to use. Expert Electrical were the most expensive of the 3 quotes received but I asked for what I believed was the best equipment available and they had the gear in stock. (Paid $14,280 incl $800 for switchboard upgrade ). Have saved over $600 from 23/12/21 to 9/2/22. More than happy with the whole deal.

Seamless process from start to finish

Friendly and informative quote process undertaken in an efficient way. I was lucky that the house/roof design allowed a very simple installation. A window came up early for the installation and the crew were on site the next day and the system was installed and operational in no time. They were efficient, polite and tidy, what more could you ask for. No problems whatsoever.

Scott and his crew were cared and were so professional

***** No problem's 100 % 5 STARS for all concerned. We are very happy with price a and installation. Thank you so very much,

Robert & Jann.

Mid Century Modern Solar

The sales and quoting process was very friendly and informative, with a prompt appointment and an efficient assessment of the peculiarities of the site. Excellent links and videos were sent with the quote, which was received several days later. For a visual thinker the information presented was much easier to absorb than a lot of statistics and graphs, which can be overwhelming when trying to comparatively understand the differences between solar systems and components.

Once the deposit was paid EE made a request to upgrade to a digital meter and both TasNetworks and Aurora were very efficient with updates on the progress from booking a date to the arrival of the installer, which was done within 2 weeks. EE installation of the solar system occurred on the date booked with an extremely efficient team with an app link sent once remote reading of the system had been set up. The customer service was excellent and I have no hesitation in approaching them with questions or further information. Now we just have to change our daytime electrical use and learn how to read the data to make the most of the solar energy we generate.

Quality install, sharp price, experienced sparky, does EV chargers too, would recommend

I went with Expert Electrical because I liked the idea that the sales person is the same person who would be leading the actual install (Scott). My install had some quirky aspects and I wanted to minimise the possibility of any miscommunications or surprises on install day. Ultimately the install went smoothly (despite a couple rain-outs) and I've been pleased with the kit so far and with the SMA app. I would recommend Scott and Expert Electrical to anybody. Their pricing was as sharp as any other quote I recieved, and the SMA kit has a great reputation.

Other things I appreciated about Expert Electrical:
- They also installed my EV charger (a Zappi v1 I purchased secondhand) for me on the same day (which saved me some labour cost by doing everything at once) and made for a big day of installing, but they stayed late and got it all done in a day. They also had to do some long cable runs and to extend a CT clamp, but they figured it out and it works great and correctly monitors and captures my grid exports.

- They managed to fit in everything I wanted (PV + consumption meter + EV charger + hot water timer) to my existing sub-board, which ended up using every millimeter of available space. I imagine it would have been easy for a lesser sparky to declare it impossible and make me pay for a sub-board upgrade, but Scott and Danny figured it out, and I am grateful.

- They gamely put up with my energetic puppy supervising the entire install, including when he ran off with the hot water timer

4/5 stars for customer service - they're a small team and they spend a fair portion of their week on roofs, so emailing and office admin does not appear to be their greatest strength. It took some doing to get the quotes and invoicing straight, but we got there in the end.

All in all very pleased with my choice so far, would recommend Scott and his team to anybody (and I already have!).

Original Review on 21-03-2021:

Great quality system

The initial sales process was very smooth, they came to our house and discussed the different options. I was a little surprised that there wasn't really much discussion about our power usage, but was impressed with their overall knowledge of solar panels and inverters. Having spent a lot of time reading the Solar Quotes website I felt confident that they knew what they were talking about and weren't talking BS.

We were given four different price points to choose from and the pros and cons of each were explained. A quote was provided the same day. We had to go back and forth a little to get the details of the contract right, but after signing and paying the deposit we were given an installation date that was only about four weeks away.

We were pleased to find that the system was installed on the agreed date. Installation was subcontracted to "In Series Electrical and Solar". We don't have any complaints about that though, the the installers were very polite and professional and did a great job. The Hyundai panels look great on the roof too!

We paid a little extra to also install an SMA energy meter. This has been great so far helping to work out which appliances use the most electricity so we can adjust our usage to run them during the day instead.

The only hiccups we really had were:

1. The 390 W panels were larger than were allowed for in the design. The installers had to position them differently.

2. The SMA energy meter was wired back to front. This meant that imported power was reported exported and exported power was recorded as imported. It caused some confusion when I first looked at the reports. The guys came back to fix that within a couple of weeks.

So far after our first month (in March) on average we have been producing almost 30 kWh per day and consuming less than 10 kWh per day. Production will of course change during the cold months and increase in the middle of summer, but it certainly looks like the system will pay for itself within the 5 year period we had expected.

7 months later we asked Jamie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Overall the system has been performing well. It only had low power generation throughout winter (as expected), but now the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer I'm able my to see what it is really capable of. On the best day I've had so far it generated 44 kWh!

The inverter that was originally installed died only weeks after being installed. Thankfully SMA agreed to replace it under warranty, but it took about five weeks and a lot of going to and fro between the installer and SMA for that to happen. My power bill at the end of the quarter reflected that it wasn't generating power during that period.

My only other issue is that pushing generation and consumption data into Sunny Portal seems to be slow and flaky. At best, the portal is updated once every three hours and only during daylight hours (which isn't helpful for see consumption details at night). There often seem to be gaps in the data too. The portal itself feels a bit old and out dated. Also it's a little disappointing that there are no APIs available to access the data so it can be integrated with other systems.

Great communication and service

Scott provided a tailored system for our needs. Great communication and friendly service

Friendly and reliable staff. Responsive to my needs. Quality products and installation.

Initial consultation was very professional and responsive. The quoting was easy to understand and and well presented. The installation was professional and the installers were responsive.
The only setback was waiting for Techsafe to sign off on the installation. While they are independent of the installers it is part of the installation and can cause some delays.

Original Review on 09-09-2020:

A Job well done

Sales process was good. My queries answered promptly and to my satisfaction.
Installation was delayed twice which I put down to being in NW Tasmania. The actual installation was done to my complete satisfaction. The install team did a great job.

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No. It has exceeded my expectations by a large margin. I am very pleased with the system that has been installed.

Great job all round

I can see why they were on your list of 3 recommendations. Scott wasn’t the cheapest but his presentation was excellent. We went with the Hyundai panels & Sunny Boy inverter. Installation was with Jonathan and they were exceptional. Am very impressed.
Now we wait to see how our panels perform. I really think we have made the right decision.
Thank you so much for your help, I was lost until I got in touch with you.
( we had 3 other quotes - all cheaper but didn’t impress)
Thanks once again

Great people explains everything great installers no complaints.

Sales were great installation neat and tidy they organised grid connection.