Expert Electrical Tasmania

Expert Electrical Tasmania Reviews

Expert Electrical Tasmania - serving the whole of Tasmania - designs and installs grid connect solar, batteries and bespoke off grid systems. German solar inverter manufacturer, SMA trust us to be a Power Plus partner. German solar panel manufacturer, SolarWatt have chosen us to be one of their Australian solar installation partners due to our commitment to the highest quality design and installation practices. We will also install other high-quality solar brands if they better suit your budget or situation.

Whether you want a high performing residential 6.6 kW system or a bulletproof 30 kW off-grid system in the remote Tasmanian bush, we can design you a system to suit your home, and install it to the highest standards.

We have a highly rated sister company in Queensland, Expert Electrical, but Expert Electrical Tasmania - run by Accredited Solar Designer and Installer, Scott Logie & Liam Nichols - operates out of Tasmania, and we are here to support our customers for the life of their systems.

Reviewers report paying: $7,500 - $9,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Expert Electrical Tasmania Reviews (4)

4.3/5

Original Review on 09-09-2020:

A Job well done

Sales process was good. My queries answered promptly and to my satisfaction.
Installation was delayed twice which I put down to being in NW Tasmania. The actual installation was done to my complete satisfaction. The install team did a great job.

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No. It has exceeded my expectations by a large margin. I am very pleased with the system that has been installed.

Great job all round

I can see why they were on your list of 3 recommendations. Scott wasn’t the cheapest but his presentation was excellent. We went with the Hyundai panels & Sunny Boy inverter. Installation was with Jonathan and they were exceptional. Am very impressed.
Now we wait to see how our panels perform. I really think we have made the right decision.
Thank you so much for your help, I was lost until I got in touch with you.
( we had 3 other quotes - all cheaper but didn’t impress)
Thanks once again

Great quality system

The initial sales process was very smooth, they came to our house and discussed the different options. I was a little surprised that there wasn't really much discussion about our power usage, but was impressed with their overall knowledge of solar panels and inverters. Having spent a lot of time reading the Solar Quotes website I felt confident that they knew what they were talking about and weren't talking BS.

We were given four different price points to choose from and the pros and cons of each were explained. A quote was provided the same day. We had to go back and forth a little to get the details of the contract right, but after signing and paying the deposit we were given an installation date that was only about four weeks away.

We were pleased to find that the system was installed on the agreed date. Installation was subcontracted to "In Series Electrical and Solar". We don't have any complaints about that though, the the installers were very polite and professional and did a great job. The Hyundai panels look great on the roof too!

We paid a little extra to also install an SMA energy meter. This has been great so far helping to work out which appliances use the most electricity so we can adjust our usage to run them during the day instead.

The only hiccups we really had were:

1. The 390 W panels were larger than were allowed for in the design. The installers had to position them differently.

2. The SMA energy meter was wired back to front. This meant that imported power was reported exported and exported power was recorded as imported. It caused some confusion when I first looked at the reports. The guys came back to fix that within a couple of weeks.

So far after our first month (in March) on average we have been producing almost 30 kWh per day and consuming less than 10 kWh per day. Production will of course change during the cold months and increase in the middle of summer, but it certainly looks like the system will pay for itself within the 5 year period we had expected.

Great people explains everything great installers no complaints.

Sales were great installation neat and tidy they organised grid connection.