Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd Reviews

About Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd
ABN: 45 852 659 417  ABN active since 04 Sep 2018 | The Trustee For Formosa Trust
ACN: 628 592 567  ACN active since 04 Sep 2018 | Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 21129 Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $4,500 - $5,800 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Heathmont and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Formosa Electrics Highly recommend!!!

The sales and quoting process was excellent. Formosa Electrics representative Joseph came on site at a time that was suitable for me. We discussed options as I have very little east facing roof. I had done my research (thanks to Finn and team for making that easy) and wants quotes on two different brands of panel and Enphase micro inverters. This was no problem. I was also getting my roof restored before the panels would go up. Joseph suggested putting in all the panel footings BEFORE the roof restoration/repainting. Great suggest and that is what he did. Roof restoration took weeks longer than expected (due to some unexpected problems). Joseph kept in touch all the way through the roofing work, gave me excellent documentation regarding applying for the Vic solar rebate. When it came time to put the panels up, Joseph and his team had them up in about 4 hours. It was great. He hooked up the Enphase monitoring, I downloaded the app and hey presto! Visibility of what was being produced, consumed, exported!!!! Really glad to have found Solar Quotes and through Solar Quotes a quality local installer. Rebate and STCs made the system affordable. Show additional information

Very professional and knowledgeable installer. Valued advice & top workmanship

Joseph guided me through the design process, as I was interested to have a system that covers of expenses for my new 5 KW reverse-cycle air-conditioning/heating system.
When cooling, I wanted to be 100% covered, when heating I wanted to use the energy credit accumulated over the year.
I wanted the system to be as flexible for extensions/replacements/repairs as possible and didn't want huge DC running through my house. Hence - microconverters. I also picked LG panels because of long warranty, exceptional performance under overcast conditions, and flexibility/playability of the panel (lower breakage when hit).
The installation went without any hiccups, only 2 roof tiles had to be replaced. I am confident my system will last longer than me. I am in good area (max. 10 KW systems, and my retailer - AGL - is fast and flexible (gets only 2 weeks to start accumulating the credit for feeding the grid.
The place was cleaned afterwards, documents signed and delivered, photos taken and system checked under a full domestic load. I can run all my appliances in the middle of the day on my own energy. The investment ($7,700 after all discounts and rebates) should pay for itself in 5 years.
The installer organised the Envoy monitoring and access, and grid connection permits. So, from my point of view it was an effortless undertaking.
I asked 3 installers for quotes on the same - notionally - system (power, No of panels and model, mountings, inverters, cabling). The final quote from Formosa Electrics was substantially lower than the other installers (almost $2000 less).
So, I am happy with my investment.

Superb professionalism and attention to detail from beginning to end.

We received 3 quotes from Solar Quotes, all of whom came to our house, which was great. All had good information to provide and were able to answer any questions.

We were a little unsure about Formosa Electrics at first due to the lack of reviews on SolarQuotes compared to the others, but that doubt disappeared when Joseph went a lot further than the other companies in investigating the property. This included getting on the roof to measure shading (which was an anticipated issue), checking the voltages and wiring, and more. His passion for solar, local knowledge and willingness to explain every detail were also appreciated.
The result of this extra investigation was a much better tailored system for our property and a more thorough and detailed proposal, which was very competitively priced.

Joseph was also helpful with explaining the Vic Solar rebate application, which we got through on the first attempt thankfully.

After receiving the rebate confirmation, Joseph was able to personally install the following week. Installation began on time, and proceeded exactly as proposed, being finished in the one day. The install was professionally done with the inverter mounting and wiring in particular looking very clean and tidy.

We also had Solar Analytics installed which has shown that so far, the system has been performing almost exactly as predicted in the proposal (only out by less than half a kWh for the month average so far).

Everything from start to finish was explained clearly including parts used, paperwork, expectations, monitoring applications, and application procedures.
We would not hesitate in recommending Formosa Electrics for Solar Installations, and also plan to use them for all other future electrical work for the house.

The paid price below is after STC credit and Vic Solar rebate.

Fantastic customer service

After having several quotes from various sales people, Formosa Electrics from the initial quote to after installation have been honest and knowledgeable in their products. Joseph is highly skilled electrician who from the knew all the specs of the equipment I was wanting to install. The install went smoothly and was completed thoroughly and to a high standard. The level of customer service and tech support post installation has been above and beyond. I have no hesitation in recommending Formosa Electrics to anyone looking at getting a quality system at a reasonable price. Show additional information

Great installer

Formosa Electrics from the initial quote to after installation have been communicative, honest, and sincere. Joseph is highly knowledgeable in the equipment he installs and only offers the quality products. The quality of install was high, thorough and meticulous, ensuring that the job was completed properly and on time. The level of customer service and tech support post installation has been above and beyond. I have no hesitation in recommending Formosa Electrics. Show additional information

Fantastic service. Above and beyond. Best experience!

I got my choice of installer from solarquotes.com. They all had an equal shot at providing a quote with the same specifications. Joseph Koning from Formosa Electrics was a stand-out. He called me back within hours of my email, provided excellent advice over the phone, came around for a site visit and measurement at a time that was convenient, installed and cleaned up, and gave first-rate after sales support. Even connected the inverter to my wifi and phone. I couldn't be happier and have referred him to at least three other people who are considering solar instalation on their homes. Show additional information