Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd

Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd Reviews

Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Heathmont and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,516 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd Reviews (58)

Excellent project

Formosa completed our installation well and it all works. Joseph and crew left me with no doubt that they would support should things go wrong,

Quality installation - solar made easy!

Easy to deal with from beginning to end. Explained various aspects of the process and installation using layman's terms. Joseph, himself came out to take measurements and do an onsite quote specific to our needs. Very neat installation on our new build and organized the inspection on the same day so we were up and running almost immediately. Follow up with SP AUSNET re feed in etc. Very happy with overall process and would highly recommend, especially if you live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Exceptional quality of work, great pricing, and fantastic communication.

We recently completed an installation of a 7.7kW solar system with Formosa Electrics, and every step of the process was a delight.

Joseph and his team were outstanding in service, from their detailed on-site analysis, through to their recommendation of appropriate product, and installation was a breeze with clear communication. We feel we received exceptional service, at a very reasonable price given the quality of work and follow up dedication to ensure all parts of the system were operating at optimum efficiency.

The quoting process was simple, Formosa Electrics arranged a convenient time with us for a site inspection, and from there a detailed site analysis took place - with accurate readouts and calculations of sun patterns, degree angles of the roof were taken, and from there multiple options were given with appropriate product and scale that fit our needs.

Product was ordered in accordingly to our liking, rebates were formally approved, and and installation date was set. Joseph and his team had their work cut out for them, removing a previously existing inverter installation and electrics through double cement brick and was as difficult vertical wiring runs through said brick, but were unwavered by the challenge and were masterful in their work. Their team left the site clean and tidy, the attention to detail was impeccable ensuring cabling was extremely neat and built to last, and were great with communication throughout the entire process with us.

Joseph even arranged for formal system inspection on the same days afternoon, so we were able to power on the new array and inverter safely with signed off approval immediately - and left a great impression overall with their quality of work and scheduling.

From their, Joseph gave us a full hour rundown on the operation of the system, ensuring we fully understood each key component, with a walkthrough of it all including the monitoring applications. We also received complete documentation for the work executed, as well as detailed layouts and documentation of the product, our setups arrangement, warranties and modeling, so that everything is highly organised and accurately detailed for today and well into the future. We also received follow up communication from Formosa Electrics, as they monitored the system alongside us to ensure everything was smooth and operating as it should be.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience from start to finish. We'd be delighted to hire Joseph and his team at Formosa Electrics again for any future solar works.

Professional Installation

I was referred to Joseph because I wanted Solar Analytics monitoring for my string inverter rooftop solar system. Joseph offered a competitive price for the system I wanted but also suggested a DC optimizer system, Although it costs more I went for the DC optimizer. As it turned out there is partial shading on my roof and the string inverter system would not be as efficient.

The installation was completed and commissioned on time and Joseph did all the paperwork the following day to finalise the installation. I am happy with the work Joseph and his crew did. The job was professionally done and they tidied up after the job.

I would recommend Joseph and his crew for solar installation.

Great service from beginning to well after installation!

Joseph provided great service. He was the only one to physically come and inspect the site before quoting. He communicated well with any updates; installed on the date promised; cleaned up the site after installation and then made sure we knew how to run and use the system. Thanks very much.
Would highly recommend Formosa and Joseph to anyone thinking about installing a solar system.

Fantastic punctual friendly installer

Quoting process was very professional answered any questions I had

Installation was on time even with my very high pitched roof

Customer service was excellent very polite workers and covert safe

Help with grid installation was also very helpful

Hassle free

Recommended by a friend who was told not to get solar by Formosa due to bad shading. Made me think they sound honest.
From first phone call to making appointment, explaining system, paperwork and installation, every went smoothly.
I never knew the analytics would be so detailed.
Feel good getting done ie environment and savings.

Just pleasant experience from start to finish!

The experience working with Joseph and his team was just seamless. Good quote, neat install, punctual, complete follow up to ensure everything is working as expected. I'd be recommending this company to any of my friends who would install solar. Keep it up!

Below are some detailed observations:
* Started with a phone call to establish what I wanted / expected
* Good follow through communication/correspondence
* Competitive price
* Accommodated customer preferences
* Joseph himself does the install
* Quite knowledgeable about solar power systems and was able to quickly provide a sensible response to each concern I had on their Proposal.
* Quote had all details of what we discussed and more (included the optimisers, even optimiser covers!, rack system, Solar Analytics, etc.)
* 10 years worksmanship warranty
* Helped get setup and understand Solar Analytics and Fronius web account - Joseph is quite tech-savvy!
* Helped follow through with the grid connection

Original Review on 07-11-2020:

Waiting for a date of installation.

The advice over the phone was helpful and a site visit was also encouraging. The Installer was polite and punctual. Original ratings

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Christopher: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Exceptional. 46% Down from the same time last year and that was from Easter.
The solar system actually produces more kwh's than I use but not enough to offset the Service Charge the electricity company charges.

Great team

Very professional team, knowledgeable on all aspects of the solar system. Installation was completed efficiently with care to detail. Very neat and tidy work with all waste taken away for disposal.

Very Professional in all aspects ,would totally recommend Joseph Koning and his team

All aspects of solar experience from quotation through to installation- hand over could not have gone any better.
Formosa Electrics are a very professional company .
I would not hesitate to recommend this company and their team to all concerned.

Prompt arrive early excelent job

Quote process all good, installed in a very proficient manner and removed all rubbish, connected to grid.

Amazing company!

I could not rate this company any higher.
Professional with amazing service. You will not regret going with this company. 10/10

Good experience.

Professional, punctual, efficient. Time will tell if payback estimate was correct.

Fantastic Installer

From the outset I was very impressed with the sales/quoting process.The amount of information provided was second to none and if not readily available then Joseph was very quick to provide the necessary answer. Joseph and his crew were there when they said they would be and left the place spic and span when they left. Their customer service is first-rate - they even helped with all the paperwork and organised the grid connection upon installation completion.All in all an excellent job!

Professional team who cover all bases

Formosa Electrics were efficient professional and a dedicated firm who conducted all aspects of the proposal from the initial quote right though to the installation and final connection.
We received comprehensive advice both during and after the conclusion of the works programme.
We were extremely pleased with final outcome.

Very professional team led by Joseph

The information provided gave us enough to make our minds up. Actually the installation is going on as I am writing this review. Will have more to add when they finish. The installation team were punctual. The grid connection will happen once we have the panels installed.

Trustworthy, knowledgeable, timely and very neat work - totally recommend

Jospeh did a brilliant job with our solar installation. Joseph came along and used the SolarEye camera on our roof to show us the shading from our many trees and what we could expect from solar at different times of the year. He can install lots of different brands/products and so was able to recommend the best options for us (Enphase and Longi panels - we love the production/consumption monitoring capability of this system!). The information he provided was comprehensive and easy to understand. He worked with us to arrange timely installation and we were super impressed with the neatness of his work - no wires to be seen anywhere! We had quotes from a few companies that sent out pushy sales consultants who recommended the products they stocked/installed but Joseph was so refreshingly honest and trustworthy. We'd highly recommend him to anyone!

Knowledgeable and experienced installer

I was really pleasantly surprised at how detailed the quote was, it included all the information specific to my property including my usage and most importantly time range to recouperate my investment.

Installation was efficient and they worked around the times I was available. They were able to get it done in one day, tidied up and explained how everything worked, what was normal/abnormal and what next steps were. The inspector was arranged for the same day as installation, and they notified my energy company and distributor.

The only thing I had to do was apply for the government rebate, everything else was taken care of. I didn't need to change plans, as mine already had a provision for feed in tarrifs.

Overall, extremely happy with the service and installation. Would definitely recommend.

Extremely Happy, in Every Respect :)

I watched Solar Panels being installed into my Neighbours house, approximately 12 months prior my installation.
It occured to me that the Installers seem to the sort that I would want doing my installation; (in the event that I ever decided to go ahead).
As No issues had cropped up since my neighbours install (12 month prior), I engaged Formosa.
Joseph whom is an owner/operator met for an appraisal of suitability/options etc. and subsequently provided a reasonable quote. We went ahead with it and haven't looked back :)

Joseph impressed me as someone whom passionately "knows his craft". Not only did he supply and install everything neatly and professionally, (Eg. The Inverter couldn't look neater, on the wall) but he continued his engagemnt with us long after completion of works! Any questions that I had where happy answered and he made certain that the I understood the process of post installation independant safety certification as well as Feed-In Tariff Setup (Grid Connection).

I now think of Joseph as my "Trusted Adviser" and will be relying on his expertise when I decide on going with a Battery, at some point in the future. He will be my first point of call.

Joseph did everything that he said he would do AND he did it right.

Quality and knowledgeable installer

The installer provided a detailed quote accompanied by extensive data relating to pending install. The install occurred within the estimated time frame given upon signing of quote, and was efficient. The installer was knowledgeable and punctual and completed all paperwork and grid connection that was required in an efficient manner. It was really a very easy and seamless process for us.

Fantastic Installer

Easy process. Hassle free installation. Excellent quality. All questions answered. Punctual, polite, patient. Great after sales service.

Seamless installation

The reviews for Joseph were impressive so definitely influenced our decision. He did an on-site inspection when Covid allowed and we decided to go with him. His truck is extremely well set up and immaculate. For me the female in the decision making that was important. He gave us approx installation date and that was accurate. Sunday the solar was installed and Monday new power board. His quote for new power board was competitive and when he actually billed us he had reduced the price. The inspector came the same day, the meter altered by Ausnet the next. Worksite was left tidy, he gave us plenty of time explaining the system so for us it was a pleasant experience. He is a good operator.

Brilliant installer, professional, reasonably priced and great communicator.

I originally went with a larger installation company I found but which was not through Solar Quotes. Unfortunately the original installation date had to be cancelled 3 days out due to stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne in July. Once we got out of the lockdown in October I tried to contact them for a reschedule without any luck. Through a third party I discovered they had gone bust. I have never heard from them since!

While I was hesitant to go ahead and find another installer I decided to give solar quotes a go.
Of the 3 quotes Formosa electric was the most impressive from the start. Joseph the owner was on site for a visit within a few days, and while examining the roof pointed out the benefits of an optimiser system as there was some shading over the roof.

With the sun eye analysis tool Joseph was able to get the right system for us. He was the only one I had seen using this tool, and it was the clincher for going with his Company.

The installation was seamless & finished by noon, and was even certified a few hours later, so solar production was up & running by 4pm that day. The work site was also spotless on completion.

All in all a wonderful experience from beginning to end. A credit to Joseph & his team, have no hesitation in recommending Formosa Electrics.

Professional & trustworthy

As someone who had little knowledge about solar, it was really difficult to find a trustworthy and honest installer but I was not wrong choosing Formosa electrics.
From the beginning Joseph was informative and knowledgeable regarding all the gear and system, you are always welcome to ask questions and will explain it to you in a simple laymans terms.
- competitive pricing
- installation was superb - tidy & neat
- would attend appointments on the day with punctuality, does site visit before installation
-post installation was great - joseph was the one who organised everything with my electricity provider - i didn't have to do anything
- great and fast communication - would update me every single step
- would go the extra mile for his clients
(we had minor mishaps with panels and export limitation with DNSP but all was fixed and sorted straight away out of his expense)

Highly recommend, dont go anywhere else, top bloke, hard to find nowadays.

Professional and Seamless Installation

Joseph from Formosa performed an on site inspection prior to quoting. He explained the installation process and the components of the system in easy to understand terms.

Installation was seamless and would have been completed in one day but for rain. Joseph and his team were back within days on a weekend to complete the install.

Formosa completed all relevant paperwork and contact with Distributor, Retailer, ESV which made the whole process worry free.

Extremely happy with my new high quality PV system amd highly recommend Formosa Electrics for the Professionalism, Workmanship and Customer Service.

Excellent - highly recommended!

We contacted several installers and Joseph was the only one who did a site visit. He explained clearly what he recommended and answered our many questions in detail. He always responded promptly to emails by phone or email. He was engaging but never pushy and gave us options with explanations. The installation was effected promptly and we are very pleased with the result.

Excellent, professional and reliable installer

After first contacting Joseph, he visited a few days later to inspect our site. He used a SunEye tool to measure and calculate any issues with shade on our roof. Quote was received a couple of days later. Joseph was able to answer any of my questions and he is a very good communicator. He kept us in the loop and explained what we needed to do in order to apply for the Vic Gov solar rebate.

The team arrived on time as planned and completed the installation as promised. The site was spotless on their departure.

The installation has been inspected and is running perfectly. Joseph is helping to organise our grid connection.

The entire process has been seamless and I highly recommend Formosa Electrics Pty Ltd as an excellent, high-quality solar installer.

Excellent , professional, no fuss.

Team arrived on site to inspected meter box suitability for solar installation before quote and to view roof. Quote arrived within a few days. Installation went well. Team arrived on time, organised, friendly and very hard working. All debris removed. Paperwork has been completed and forwarded re grid connection.

Great installer

Very informative, went the extra mile great to deal with him

Formosa solar installation

Great job, being a licensed electrician I was fairly fussy. Has done all I expected and then some. Would recommend to anyone

Honest installer who completed inspection before quoting

We knew what we wanted when we requested a quote but discussed at length during site inspection the benefits of the system we wanted. Clearly ran through how the system would be installed and what was involved. Lockdown finished Sunday and they were onsite Monday at 8am as booked in.

You can have complete trust that the job will be done above and beyond what is expected when Formosa Electrics are involved!

Albsolutely everything was organised by Formosa I didn’t do a thing! Fantastic!

Excellent job from start till end

How was the sales/quoting process?
Got a call from Joseph, agreed on the time of inspection and he arrived as expected. He went up the roof and thoroughly inspected plus he had a shade measurement tool and took photos at different angles. We found this good as there are trees around our property that shade parts of the roof and he'll be able to measure if it's worth having a solar even with some shading. He checked electricity bills and overall we appreciated his knowledge and suggestions how to save more with electricity, not just on solar. After a few days, a very detailed and a very competitive quote were emailed together with the solar access and shade report and going with an optimised system to get the very best out of the system due to the shading. The panel, inverter we preferred and tripod specs were also included. All of these made the decision to invest and choose Formosa easier over 6 others.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?
They scheduled on a Monday for solar panels to be put up and Tuesday for the switchboard upgrade and to finalise the install. Both days they arrived before 9 AM as we requested. In both days there were bits of rain but they carried on and completed the install on the 2nd day afternoon. They then demonstrated how to turn off/on the system, setup and connected the software to see the system production and consumption and other useful real time data. The site of the install was clean.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install?
They emailed the electricity provider for the meter alteration, organised the inspector to come over the next day, provided all the documents both hard copies and electric. They connected the system to our wi-fi and explained the dashboard. We can simply see how much energy we're consuming from the solar and how much we're importing from the grid. Overall it was a breeze.

A quality system at a great price - meticulously installed

I ended up getting 5 quotes and Formosa Electrics was very competitive in price and they were willing to listen on what type of system that I really wanted. The quote was not the cheapest, but Joseph was the most impressive of all the installers that I met. He was the only one that actually got up on my 2nd storey roof to have a look. He was also the only installer to discuss the safety aspects of the system with me and the need for isolators and proper shielding of the DC cables.

The Panel installation was done in a half a day and there was some follow up work with the fuse box and inverter the next day. The work was meticulously done with very neat cabling and fuse box work. Joseph and James went to great lengths to keep the job looking good. They went to a lot of trouble to keep the DC cabling hidden from view. Joseph programmed the inverter, established a wifi link, and made sure I had the correct apps for monitoring.

The paperwork was very smooth with the quotes (for two options) arriving promptly and the STC and Victorian State credit process forms were forwarded when the quote was accepted. After the job, the follow up was well managed with Formosa Electrics arranging for the Electrical Inspection and meter change through my retailer.

I am very happy and have already recommended Formosa Electrics to one of my friends.

Professional and outstanding experience!

With so many Solar companies it can get overwhelming in choosing the right installer, and I'm happy to have chosen Formosa Electrics to undertake this project. Joseph was more than happy to complete an inspection on site, where we discussed the range of options available which would best suit my needs and budget.

Once the appropriate system was selected, Joseph made the remaining process extremely simple and straightforward. The solar system was installed promptly, and it was done extremely well, neat, and tidily. I have seen a lot of photos online on solar installations and I can tell you that this install was done at the highest standards and is extremely aesthetically pleasing. Full training was provided on how to operate the system, the analytics software (I chose to use Solar Analytics) and any additional questions I had were addressed. After the install was completed, Joseph contacted my electricity company informing them of the solar installation and had everything finalised promptly.

I would highly recommend Formosa Electrics for your solar installation. Not only was the price the most competitive, the service and support was outstanding. You will be extremely glad that you chose them!

OCD Type Guy Has No Option But To Rate This Experience 5 Star...

I did a lot of research before putting in this solar system- this was a substantial financial investment to the property after all, and since it’s likely to be around for a long time, I needed to get it right the first time.

I contacted twelve 4.5-5 star rated companies according to Google reviews before I discovered this site (solarquotes.com.au)- which led me to also discover Formosa.

Out of the 12 I contacted, there were only 4 willing to come out for a site visit- the rest all attempted to conduct business over the phone and/or through email only.

These ‘desk warriors’ got ruled out quickly, as I think it’s important to meet and get an idea of the person you’ll be dealing with- after all, your dealings don’t necessarily end with the install, you want someone who is approachable in case theirs’s warranty issues down the track- and the panels we used have a 25 year warranty.

Out of the 4 people that visited, Joseph (the director at Formosa) stood out. He took a refreshingly different approach of actively listening to my requirements and only if asked, gave his professional advice. Every other installer I met started pushing certain products combinations repeatedly- completely ignoring my requirements (perhaps they got better profits margins with certain products?)

Heck, one big name company told me that my house would likely catch fire if I went with an option I was keen on (the paneling and inverter was a brand I later learned they didn’t deal with)- I couldn’t believe the extent of nonsense from reputable big companies.

Contrast that to deals you experience with Formosa Electrics. You’ll find that Joseph is very easy going and respectful, yet it’s clear within the first few minutes of meeting him that he really knows his stuff. He will give you as much or as little feedback as you require.

OTHER REVIEWERS HERE ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE PRICE…
I got quotes from several installers and Formosa’s price was exceptional. I found they undercut every other quote I compared them to- some by a serious margin. Reading other reviews here, it appears I’m not the only one that has commented on this.

I WAS A LITTLE SURPRISED AT THE INSTALL…
Joseph and his team worked away tirelessly on the day on installation. There were times we saw him literally run around.

In terms of the install job, clearly this guy is a perfectionist…his attention to detail, neatness and cleanliness in each area of the job… I’ve never seen any other professional perform to this high standard when installing anything- and I’m very picky.

Let me give you a quick example…Normally whenever you get people over to install something, there’s always some cleanup or resettling to do once the installer leaves- not so with Joseph. He ensured everything was put back perfectly and comprehensively cleaned up after himself.

We were sent drone pictures of the completed roof installation- The end result is REALLY impressive.

AFTER INSTALLATION DUTIES
After the install, Joseph has continued to work behind the scenes to fill out and organise all the necessary paperwork- ensuring everything got completed as quickly as possible.

It has made the whole process (which was new to me), absolutely straightforward and easy.

VERDICT
Just like every other review for Formosa here, I am extremely happy to have contracted Joseph and his team at Formosa Electrics. They are friendly, hardworking, clean, completely reliable and their end work is A1.

I will be recommending Formosa Electrics to all my extended family and friends.

If you’re in Victoria and want the exceptional service, reliability and excellent pricing, do yourself a favour and at least get in touch with Joseph to organise a time for a quote- it costs you nothing anyway.

I do still suggest you get some quotes from others- that way you will be able to compare and appreciate that this guys service is simply endgame.

Well done Joseph and Formosa Electrics.

Great Company, Service, product and installation

Formosa was a great company to deal with, great product and service. Joseph was very thorough in his explanation of the system and gave us the right system for the situation.

Original Review on 30-10-2019:

Very professional and knowledgeable installer. Valued advice & top workmanship

Joseph guided me through the design process, as I was interested to have a system that covers of expenses for my new 5 KW reverse-cycle air-conditioning/heating system.
When cooling, I wanted to be 100% covered, when heating I wanted to use the energy credit accumulated over the year.
I wanted the system to be as flexible for extensions/replacements/repairs as possible and didn't want huge DC running through my house. Hence - microconverters. I also picked LG panels because of long warranty, exceptional performance under overcast conditions, and flexibility/playability of the panel (lower breakage when hit).
The installation went without any hiccups, only 2 roof tiles had to be replaced. I am confident my system will last longer than me. I am in good area (max. 10 KW systems, and my retailer - AGL - is fast and flexible (gets only 2 weeks to start accumulating the credit for feeding the grid.
The place was cleaned afterwards, documents signed and delivered, photos taken and system checked under a full domestic load. I can run all my appliances in the middle of the day on my own energy. The investment ($7,700 after all discounts and rebates) should pay for itself in 5 years.
The installer organised the Envoy monitoring and access, and grid connection permits. So, from my point of view it was an effortless undertaking.
I asked 3 installers for quotes on the same - notionally - system (power, No of panels and model, mountings, inverters, cabling). The final quote from Formosa Electrics was substantially lower than the other installers (almost $2000 less).
So, I am happy with my investment.

8 months later we asked Walter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Since I am using my solar for cooling (in summer) and heating (in winter), I am contemplating the solar battery to get me the required 20kWh (1-2 KW for 10 hrs) during the night - when is cold in winter, and hot in summer.
But maybe a dual glazing and underfloor insulation (I already have ceiling and walls insulated) is a cheaper, easier option.

Wonderful product and service. Very happy with the installation

Formosa were great at every step of our process to get solar panels installed at home. They were one of the few installers to come out and inspect the home when providing the quote and spent a lot of time discussing the best system for us. Joseph from Formosa was honest in his feedback about the type of panels and inverter that were available to us and gave us advice on what would be the best value and quality for our budget. On top of that, Formosa's quote was cheaper than the competitors for an equivalent size system.

After the quote was accepted, the installation was scheduled within weeks and done all in one day. Joseph and his team were professional during the install and took care with their installation and cleanup of the site when they were finished.

After the install, Joseph followed up with the energy company quickly to get the certification and paperwork completed so that we could start receiving credits for our panels. He also followed up in the weeks following to check that we were happy with our system. Which we were and still are.

All in all, very happy with the service and product from Formosa and would happily recommend them to anyone looks for an installer who you can trust to do a great job.

Honest, Reliable, Affordable and Friendly Solar Installer

Formosa was an excellent company to deal with. They replied within the same day and quickly followed up with an onsite inspection, even getting on the roof to do a full shadow mapping giving me an idea of how efficient solar powers would be.

I get partial shading on my roof so deiced to go with a 7kW Solar Array of LG NeOn2 and Enphase micro-inverters. The installation also required getting my electrical switchboard upgraded at the same time and Formosa helped organise all this to be done on the same day as the solar panels got installed.

Would highly recommend this company to anyone else looking for an honest, reliable, affordable and friendly solar installer.

Fully satisfied domestic customer

Prompt and punctual responses at all stages to - my initial enquiry - site inspection visit - specification and quotation.
Accommodated repainting of roof concrete tiles (by a seperate contractor) between a first site visit to instal the panel mounting frame hooks, then at later date, returning to install and commission the panels.

At all times friendly communication, with clear, knowledgeable advice on alternative options. Responsive to my preference for a micro inverter system.

Fully professional performance. I have no hesitation recommending Formosa Electrics for domestic solar installations.

Professional Installer

How was the sales/quoting process?

After requesting solar quotes from this website, Joseph was the only installer that called within an hour asking the type system and panels I wanted for my parent home. I also requested 2 additional quotes with different size systems. All were emailed within a few days of my request.

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?
Joseph and the team did an excellent job on the installation. Appointment was booked at 7am. Joseph and the team arrived at 7am. I also requested Joseph to call me before the installation to work out where to place the inverter to avoid direct sunlight and also call an hour before the team finishes the install. All calls were met. To my surprise the team also installed a CAT 5 connection directly from the inverter to my router. I have read reviews on wifi issues with Fronius inverters. Joseph went thru the the system and the app on the phone. All rubbish was removed from the property.

This is where the Formosa Electrics team stands out. Exceptional customer service from quoting to install to the administration of Solar documents.

Photos of the panel were emailed the same night the system was installed.
Panel warranty certificates were emailed and posted. REC 25 years product warranty.
Joseph also applied for the additional 5 year Fronius warranty by registering the inverter. Certificates were also posted to me.
Once the safety certificate was issued. The system was turned on and a gird connection to my retailer was organised the next day.

If you are after a professional solar installer, speak to Joseph and the team at Formosa Electrics.

Excellent installation

From start to finish Joseph made this process really easy for us. He was one of the few providers to book a site inspection, and his knowledge on solar was really obvious. Quote was quickly provided, and questions answered quickly too. Really competitive pricing, but we also felt more comfortable going with Formosa than some of the other companies we received quotes from.

Panels and inverter were installed efficiently, the panels look fantastic, and the job site was left very clean. Jospeh explained everything we needed to know in detail. Inspection is still to occur, so we are really looking forward to having the system up and running after that occurs. Really appreciated Joseph’s approach to guiding us through the entire process. Would definitely recommend Formosa Electrics.

Excellent service

Joseph was very thorough at explaining the quote at the initial site visit. Explained everything clearly for someone not familiar to solar panels. Always happy to answer questions. Punctual and did not leave a mess like other tradesmen. Highly recommend Formosa Electrics!

Five Star Service and Installation

This company deserves a five-star rating. From the initial inspection on-site, a competitive quote, quality installation of panels and inverters, then taking care of all the paperwork so that the relevant authorities were notified to receive the feed in tariff from our electricity retailer. You will not go wrong using Formosa Electrics. Thank you Joseph and to your team for all your work and attention to detail.

Knowledgeable and efficient installer

Joseph from Formosa Electrics led us through the whole process, providing comprehensive information and advice, prompt service and support with dealing with our retailer. Highly recommended installer.

Exceptional Service and Installation

I requested a Solar quote from Formosa after a referral from a work colleague. Joseph was very accommodating and punctual and measured up in the rain and then took a great deal of time explaining the options and the process. I was very impressed and I signed up after receiving his quote the next day and the installation was then booked in for 2 weeks later.
Joseph and James were very professional with the installation, there were some changes on the day which resulted in an additional panel to get maximum solar gain. I have to say that I was blown away by the end result and the whole experience. One of my fears and one of the reasons for my delay in not getting solar earlier was because of the horror stories you hear about installers and shoddy workmanship. Obviously there are some good guys out there and I found one - Formosa wont let you down. You can rest assured that with Joseph you will only get the best installation and service available anywhere. From the time I spent with him you can see that every single one of his installations is done with the same care and exceptional standard that he would expect on his own house. He is also very practical and will explain how to maximize your savings by installing a smart meter at the same time (a must with any Fronious Inverter). Highly recommend and very happy with the end result.. Thanks Joseph!

Easy process, great communication and excellent after service

Sale and quoting was an easy process. We were given our options, with pros and cons, and were not pushed into making a decision. Loved the detailed quote with diagrams and predictions. Formosa electrics were always available to answer any of our queries.

Perfect experience from the Site inspection to the grid connection

All the positive reviews below are spot on, nothing to fault with Formosa Electrics. True professionals in every aspect.

Joseph from Formosa Electrics said that he completes a site inspection on all installs and I'm glad that he did. He arrived on site with a shading tool (Suneye) and did a solar access analysis. This showed us that in winter we would only have 50% Solar Access due to surrounding trees. From this Formosa Electrics advised with go with an optimised system and recommended SolarEdge as it means that every panel works independently of the others. Without having this assessment we could of just had a ineffective Solar System on our roof.

We also had Solar Analytics installed to allow us to work out where our high usage was coming from as Solar Analytics allows you to monitor individual circuits, as a result our 84kwh daily consumption has come down to around 10kwh daily imported from the grid and we have already saved $1000 in 3months.

They were not the cheapest for a comparable (identical) spec system but I felt absolute confidence that I would have a quality installation and a longer term partnership should we have any problems or want to upgrade in the future. When deciding to spend the extra money on these guys I was hoping for the best but once they were on site the money was forgotten.

I generally don't like leaving reviews, but this business deserves one, more business operating like Formosa Electrics are needed. Would recommend them to anyone thinking of having solar installed