Geelong Solar Energy

Geelong Solar Energy Reviews

100% Geelong owned and operated we have installed hundreds of solar power systems in Geelong, The Surf Coast, The Bellarine Peninsula and The Greater Geelong District.

We specialize in solar power and renewable energy systems and can provide expert advice on all your solar needs.

What we offer our customers:

The opportunity to deal with a local Geelong based solar company that will deliver to you a high quality solar installation using only tier one solar panels and A grade inverters.

A product line that has been carefully selected for quality, reliability, efficiency and longevity.

Systems for all residential, business and commercial applications offering free on site quotes and expert advice.

Great pride in our workmanship, we believe in doing the job right the first time, we don't take short cuts and our tradesman will treat your home with great care and respect.

We take care of all the paperwork.

At Geelong Solar Energy we listen to our customers and we pride ourselves in delivering the highest quality service form the initial solar assessment to the solar installation and our after sales service is second to none.

Reviewers report paying: $3,775 - $7,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Geelong Solar Energy Reviews (298)

Original Review on 24-11-2021:

Good installation and service

The sales/quoting process was easy to understand. The sales rep was always ready to answer any of our questions or concerns.
The installation was completed within a day. The installers were polite and tidy - no mess was left for us to take care of.

6 months later we asked Helen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Complete satisfaction, supply and installation

Everything discussed in the quote was honoured.
Installation staff were punctual and efficient
Customer service from the quote through to the inspection was superb

It was great from start to finish, everything explained personally, installation was quick, guys did a great job with no problems, inspector came within a week. Highly recommend "Geelong solar".

This whole job was great from start to finish, Josh (Sales Manager) came to the house and explained everything and at the end i was confident I had made the right choice to go ahead.

Guys came to the house at the time and day arranged, introduced themselves and job started. On completion they left the site clean and tidy, explained what was going to happen next, asked if i had any questions and made sure that i was happy.
Inspector visited within a week and all was ok'd quickly with no faults.

I am very happy with "Geelong Solar" and the proffessional approach they take. I am happy to highly recomend them to anybody that is thinking of moving to Solar.

Thanks Team......Good Job.

Fantasic Installer

I was very impressed with the installers who came to fit my solar panels. Really pleased with the way it was handled from start to finish and very happy to obtain the full export to the grid as I was given zero export at the start but the team at Geelong Solar Energy got that upgraded to full export. Very impressed. Thank you.

A very professional and experienced company

The sales and quoting was all fully explained about the most suitable size of the system.
I was very happy with the cost of the system.
All the paperwork and notifications to connect to the grid and my power supplier were all done by Geelong Solar
The installation crew were very experienced and professional with the process,
they arrived about 8am and completed before 1pm and the site was left spotless.
The Electrical inspector arrived shortly after, approved the system and was switched on.

Many thanks to Steve, Chris and the installation crew for their professional expertise.
Thanks also to the the very smart young office lady who helped me through all the application and documentation process.

Fantastic installers!

Very happy with the install of my solar the team arrived on time were very friendly and polite and had the job completed by that afternoon couldn't be more pleased with the whole process from start to finish thank you to everyone at Geelong Solar Energy

Perfect customer service and install with Geelong Solar Energy.

Steve really knows his stuff with Solar, it shows because he comes to your place and takes the time to evaluate your house and explain to you your best options. Even post install Steve has called me numerous times to make sure the system is working well and to help me work through an issue where I wasn’t able to feed into the grid due to powercore. After his advice im now feeding in to the grid and the system is working perfectly.

I got good word of mouth from multiple people about Geelong solar energy and it has proven right, which is why I give them a glowing endorsement.

Geelong Solar Energy

We used Geelong Solar Energy for our recently installed 6.6kw System. From the outset Josh and Steve have been fantastic. From the prompt competitive quote to the follow up questions and install, everything has been seemless. We were also lucky enough to get feedback into the grid sorted on the day of install as well. Thanks Josh! Chris and his team for install were also faultless, finishing the job by just after lunchtime. We opted for a Fronius Invertor and Q Cell panels.
Highly recommend Geelong Solar Energy.

Professional Installation And Great Customer Service

Josh from Geelong Solar Energy came to my house to find out what Solar PV system would fit best on the roof. He was very experienced and provided two system options. The quoting process was transparent and my questions were answered.

Leading up to the install, Steve has kept me up to date and informed me in advance when the installation will be. The installation was done by Chris and his small team. The got here on time and then also suggested to put panels on 3 sides of the roof for maximum efficiency. The installation was carried out in a tidy and professional manner.
The system was commissioned by the inspector the next day. When I had issues setting up the data monitoring app on the phone, one of the Geelong Solar Energy guys came within an hour to help me set up the app. Geelong Solar Energy are really approachable, helpful and professional. I feel like I am looked after really well as a customer. They also offered to help me to organise the grid connection after the install.
5 stars out of 5 to Geelong Solar Energy, Highly Reccommend.

Professional, Helpful

Steve and the team at Geelong Solar are approachable, extremely professional, punctual and very knowledgeable regarding their products. Customer service is exceptional and I had my new replacement solar system installed quickly and efficiently by the installers.

Good price, efficient service, good communication, good product

All of the members of the Geelong Solar Energy team I interacted with were professional, friendly and efficient.

They managed the installation well despite tough conditions brought on by COVID and the weather.

Would highly recommend

Perfect System

Onsite quote and review of requirements, Installation was on time, very professional job and excellent customer service.
Highly recommend the team at Geelong Solar Energy.

Twelve months solar

The salesman from Geelong Solar was very helpful and he explained everything in detail. There was no pressure to sign up but a $300 discount was offered if I did. He suggested the best layout for the panels.

While I was waiting for the installation (several weeks) my gas water heater failed and I needed to get a new one.
I phoned Geelong Solar to ask if I should buy an electric water heater, but they didn't get back to me, so I stayed with gas.
When the installers came, they changed the panel layout twice again, without consulting me. They may have been in a hurry to knock off work because they worked through their lunch break.
Geelong Solar looked after all the paperwork. The whole process was very smooth.

The amount of electricity produced depends on the amount of direct sunlight and how close the sun is to the panels.
Clouds reduce the amount of sunlight that reaches the solar panels
In Victoria, Australia, the sun is closest to the panels on the 22nd of December and furthest on the 22nd of June.
Ideally, the sun should be directly over the panels, but because the sun is about 30 degrees above the north horizon in winter and 90 degrees in the summer, then the panels need to be set at about 27 degrees on a north-facing roof for optimum performance.
It is more economical to use electricity while the solar panels are producing it because any electricity that is not used will only be credited about 50% of the normal charge by the power company.

The largest roof of my house faces west which is not ideal for mounting solar panels. I have twelve panels on the west roof and six on the north roof. This equates to a total of 6 kW maximum output.

The highest output in one day for my setup was 40kWh at the summer solstice (22nd Dec.) and the lowest was 14kWh at the winter solstice (22nd June) on clear days.

My system cost $9673 in July 2020. Federal Government paid $3003. Victorian Government paid $1888. Victorian loan $1888. Balance I paid when installed $2894. Suntech 330W panels, Goodwee 5kW inverter.

I don't use my gas wall heaters anymore.I use my split system air conditioner for heating

Very Neat and Friendly Installers Terrific Job!

The Team from Geelong Solar Energy arrived today and installed my solar and I couldnt be more impressed with the team that turned up to do the job, they were terrific, very freindly and kept me very well informed throughout the day on the progress of the job, I am very pleased so far and a big thank you goes to Geelong Solar Energy and their installers.

Easy and effortless

From go to whoa the team was both friendly and extremely helpful.
The whole process was stressfree and effortless - from initial quote, rebate application, installation, inspection to certificate & payment.
Couldn't be more pleased.

Worth the wait.

Good advice re orientation of panels East/West so output is spread across the day.

Friendly and professional installers were punctual and worked efficiently as a team.

Area was left spotless, wouldn't know they had been.

Excellent installation and performance.

Conscientious Solar Installer

Steve and his team of solar panel installers were polite, answering all my questions and queries with patience and detail. Steve came out twice to review my difficult roof line to find a solution where to best place my panels. He is very knowledgeable and has been doing this for years. I am very happy with the installation and the way they fit it to my flat roof means it can't be seen from the ground. Great work and I highly recommend this company.

Great installers! Very Happy!

The team led by Luke were terrific, they installed the system in no time and gave us a hands on lesson on how the system works including the operation of the inverter, very happy with the solar experience from start to finish.

Fantastic Installer! Beautiful Installation!

Was very impressed with the installers , very tidy and neat, did a good job and were very polite, thank you for a great job!

Supporting local company

We have paid a deposit but have not yet had the system installed. We went with Geelong Solar even though they were significantly more expensive as we wanted to support local business and wanted support should we require it down the line. We also spoke to others who had used this company and all were happy with the service.

Quickly installed and quickly connected

Quote was quickly processed no pressure to sign up.
Installation went smoothly and the tradesman were polite and very helpful.
Customer service was good and no trouble connecting to the grid.

I was happy with the whole process of gaining quotes, assistance with rebates, and installation of panels. Panels look very tidy on the roof.
Great service.

Very Good Team, Very Efficient

We couldn't be happier, efficient and neat, installed by a great crew.

Fantastic Team Very Happy Customer!

We are very happy with the install, the team arrived on time and was a pleasure to deal with form start to finish, Thank you to the Geelong Solar Energy and the install team for a wonderful job.

Great Install Team

The install team was brilliant, couldn't be happier with the job, the guys were friendly, efficient and worked very well together, all in all a great job.

Very Happy Excellent Installers

We are very happy with the installation of the solar panels, our tenant said they were very neat and tidied the place up when finished, overall a very good experience.

Fantastic team excellent install

Great team of installers, did a terrific job, I highly recommend Geelong Solar Energy

Prompt and friendly service

Very prompt quoting process.
Everyone i spoke with or received an email from was friendly and gave me the info i requested.
Installation was smooth, polite and friendly installers. They had some small spots to squeeze into in our roof on a warm day which they just got on with!

Geelong Solar

Only two companies quoted. Not installed yet but from what I can tell so far Geelong Solar has the same quality product as One Team Energy but Geelong Solar have good online reviews and good customer service. The product is considerably more expensive so I probably made a bad choice but it’s actually the first time a solar provider was helpful and followed up with me and I didn’t have to chase them

Fantastic service!

Steve's interest in my needs as a customer is what set Geelong Solar Energy apart from the rest.
Every other company i engaged for a quotation tried to sell me a 6.6kw system, however i had other plans for a greater consumption. Steve let me explain my plans and offered his expertise in consult.
We went all in and designed the biggest system my roof could accommodate.

The boys were very friendly and efficient and put the system together in under 6 hours, if i hadn't known they were coming, i wouldn't have been able to tell as they left the yard as tidy as they found it.
The system looks neat and they were timely on the day.

Would highly recommend Steve and the boys to anyone looking to install a system in the greater Geelong area.
Should the need arise in the future, i will definitely be back!

Thanks again guys!

Great experience start to finish

We wanted to replace an old small system and settled on a quote from Geelong Solar Energy. They were easy to deal with and responsive to our questions before settling on which quote we would go with. The installation was great and ahead of the projected date. The team gave me confidence that they knew their stuff and answered all my questions along the way. Everything was done neat and clean with no hassles.
If I was doing this again tomorrow I'd be going through Geelong Solar Energy. Based on my experience, I have no problem recommending them.

Beautiful installation of my solar panels and system

Very very happy with solar choice, installation and service from Geelong Solar Energy. Very professional. Looks great! Early days yet to see the savings but very happy to use the sun for my domestic power needs.

Exceptional company, I highly recommend Geelong Solar for your installation. Professional, honest and an expert in there field

Steve from Geelong Solar Energy & the team are a professional and experienced in the workmanship. From the first phone call through to the follow up calls to see how everything was going was a pleasure to deal with.

Good tradesmen are hard to find in any industry and Steve & the team are definitely great tradesman. There service, customer service and professionalism was fantastic. I had an LG 6.3kw system installed with a Fronius inverter, an exceptional product reflected by an exceptional installer.

I highly recommend Geelong Solar Energy

Very Happy with Geelong Solar Energy

My wife and I were very happy with every aspect of our experience with Geelong Solar Energy. Steve and his crew were a pleasure to deal with, quoting, installation and grid connection all effortless. Would highly recommend.

Great process from quote to installation!

Thanks to the team at Geelong Solar Energy, a great quote process, quick and simple! Great info and support on the rebate application process.
A bit of a wait for the install but was in no hurry so no issue. The installation by the team on the day was excellent - on time, quick and very professional!
Can't wait for the inspection to be completed so we can start using the sun for a power needs!

Excellent install

Geelong solar energy recently installed a 6KVA solar system at my property.
The installation was completed in a day and fully operational and signed off by regular the same day .
All electrical cabling was hidden and neatly fixed where not visible from ground level.
Real time Monitoring system was installed as part of the contract and this was up and running next business day.
Congratulations to Steve, Chris (install) and the entire team at Geelong Solar Energy.
I can’t recommend them highly enough?
John Bustard

Extremely happy, great service

Fantastic service start to finish. Very happy and would definitely recommend.

Solar Installation

Very impressed from the initial quote right through to the install. Very professional and the installers were a pleasure to deal with. Nothing was too hard for them and they were willing to listen. Great Job!

Original Review on 14-12-2019:

At this stage we are waiting for Solar Victoria to notify Geelong Solar Energy that they can start the instalation

So far Steve has been of great help, our problem at present is with centrelink and the rebate departments saying that centrelink keep sending the wrong statements, but I think we have been able to send the correct paperwork to Solar Victoria, so we are now waiting to see if Geelong Solar Energy has got the Ok to start the installation of our 22 panles Original ratings

Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Mike: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It most certainly has been operating to my expectations.

Thank you Chris for your attention to my needs, and your recommendation for installers to choose from.

Fantastic : )

Informative quote, great personal service, installation was very professional, tidy and attention to detail was excellent and fitted on the date agreed, they were very helpful after installation.

Great Service

Ten out of ten. Would recommend this company to anyone.

Seabank Drive

It has not been inspected yet or connected to the grid yet but installation and service to date have been very efficient

Easy to deal with

Easy to deal with and very helpful throughout the process

Solid all-round installation and service, excellent value

Very pleased with our solar installation by Geelong Solar Energy.
We decided that we wanted a high quality system that would last us, and that was guaranteed to last. We decided on GSE because of their knowledge, genuineness, their willingness to help tailor a solution that would work for our roof configuration. As it turns out, not only did we get a high quality system, with an excellent, efficient installation, but we got the best price too!
Given how good they are, it's not surprising that they are busy (which means that we did need a bit of patience on occasion), but I was very pleased with their work and their service.

An Excellent Job Done.

From the first phone call to the final installation this has been a pleasant experience. The staff at Geelong Solar were so helpful and polite and took care of most of the Government Application for me. The Installation Guys were on time Polite and Very Professional they knew what they were doing. No Cowboys Here! They cleaned up all their mess and took all their rubbish away you would not have known that that they had been. Well done Steve and the crew at Geelong Solar.

Local installer

I liked the fact that the company was local and was able to meet me out of hours

Fantastic people

Great people to deal with, fast and cleaned up after the job all ways in contact with me letting me know how it's going

Excellent Installer

The quoting process was easy and all staff professional. It wasn't the cheapest quote, but we went with quality and service - and a local company. Overall, fantastic customer service, quick and fuss-free installation. The installers, got to the job on time, were done when they said they would be, cleaned up when they left and were friendly and helpful. We were very impressed.