Jims Energy pre February 2019

Jims Energy pre February 2019 Reviews

Jim’s Energy is part of Australia’s largest, trusted franchise; Jim’s Group. Established in 1989 with 3,500 franchisees nationwide, Jim’s has a proven track record for quality.

Jim’s Energy have offices in Victoria and NSW. Our team specialise in the supply and install of residential solar, battery storage and energy monitoring systems and have between them over 10 years’ energy efficiency experience in Australia.

Jim’s Energy work with many local councils, not for profit and community energy organisations as solar bulk buy partners for residential programs.

Jim’s Energy is the energy efficiency company you can trust with the best in market warranties supported by the Jim’s Group Warranty Fund.

Jims Energy pre February 2019 Reviews (22)

4.4/5

Excellent company to deal with.

Daniel was really great with his explanation of his ideas of what he felt was best for us.
The installers he arranged for us were,punctual,polite and tidy.
Daniel organised the installation.Nothing was too hard for him.
Couldn't be happier.
The companies you put us in touch with were all punctual and polite.
3/2 initial meeting with Jims Energy.
17/2 installation. One day.
11/3 connected. This was longer then normal as there are 3 x the number of people buying systems.

Dan and Jim, better than the rest

We looked at 11 different providers before deciding on Jim's Energy. Dan was amazing. During the quoting process he was honest, factual and responsive. At no time did I feel that I can was talking to a salesman.

The entire installation process was simple and stress free. The installers were also top notch, polite and tidy.

Dan helped organise the grid connection. All I needed to do was call our energy provider to make sure we were on the best energy package.

We could not have been happier.

Original Review on 06-10-2018:

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It performed well over summer, but autumn and winter have been a little disappointing. Though I'm sure its normal.

Original Review on 08-06-2018:

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No problems with the system. We're not getting as much energy generation as we had hoped but the weather has been working against us with too many overcast days.
System installation booked over a month in advance and installed on time by a most professional, courteous electrical contractor (installer). Signed off by independent Electrical Contractor. Awaiting follow up documentation to support the Victorian Government rebate program and the feed in tariff with my supplier but I don't expect any problems there - hence my good rating at this stage. System works fine and my grid usage during sunny daylight hours is zero. Would freely recommend Jim's Energy for their service and cost.

Original Review on 26-03-2018:

Installation great. Still waiting for final inspection and papers to be submitted for feed in tariffs. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Very much so. If only we could now figure out a way to avoid the fixed daily supply charge without going right off the grid.
I was recommended to contact Jim's Energy when it was time to install Solar on our house and I am so pleased I did. The team were so approachable, friendly and professional. From the first phone call through to the installation of my "Solar Edge" 22 panel system there was not one issue or problem. The installation crew were punctual, polite and experts in their field. A big thank you to Jack, Marcel and Michelle who exceeded my expectations and made the whole process effortless. I highly recommend Jim's Energy and can't fault their service delivery. I am already reaping the rewards of having Solar Energy all thanks to this team!
Marc
North East Victoria
Couldn't fault Jim's Energy. The equipment, service and quality were first rate. It all started with solar consultant, Kez Hassan. He was professional, provided quality information and service. He came to our home to asses our situation and needs and provided literature that was most helpful. No hard sell tactics and what was really important, he follow up even after the unit was installed to see how we were going including notifying us of the Vic Govt solar rebate. We chose Jim's Energy for their reputation, quality service and back up. Definitely would recommend Jim's Energy and Kez Hassan.
The Dindi Bulk Buy/Yarra Energy Foundation (YEF) had conducted a rigorous procurement and audit process, engaging Jim’s Energy Solutions for out installation of 4.32KW Solaredge Power Optimisers with monitoring technology the design included 16 x Q Cell Hanwha polycrystalline 270 solar modules array all connected and tested by competent electricians in only 4 hours on our existing 9 by 4.5 metre shed
The solar system installation was very well done, neat and inconspicuous. Even the electrical inspector commented on the high level of care and workmanship shown by A.Mills in the installation. I am also pleasantly surprised with amount of energy that the system is generating. Its only early spring and the sunlight hours are not that long but the KWHr meter is ticking over nicely, which is good because that is the only reason you would have a solar system installed, unless of coarse you were off-grid.
I attended a presentation by Positive Energy in July 2018 that was sponsored by Monash Council as I was interested in upgrading my existing 1 kW solar system on my roof. They arranged for two quotes, one of which was Jim’s Energy. While I was aware of the Jim’s Franchises, I was not aware that they were involved in Solar Panel installations and was surprised to learn that one of my cycling friends had recently dealt with them and were very happy with the job. When I mentioned this to Marcel Merkus, who provided the quote, he said that he was not personally involved with my friend’s installation but that he would do a better job.
True to his word, I could not be happier with the workmanship of the installation of 3.66 kW solar system, using Solar Edge technology at my home. The installers, Youssef and Winston, were friendly and professional, they left the site as they had found it and did an excellent job. Jack Egan, who supervised kept me informed and met deadlines – it was a real pleasure to deal with these people and I would not hesitate to recommend their services
We have had a very positive experience with Jims Energy. From the initial information night at Lakes entrance Shire Offices, to our personal appointment with Paul Williams, through to the installation of our Solar system, each and every step has been positive and pleasant.
Paul is a wonderful ambassador for Jims Energy, he is very knowledgeable, friendly and informative.
The installation technicians were also very accomplished at their profession, friendly, and left our premises clean and tidy. They did a very neat job.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Jims Energy to family, friends and the wider community.
"Nicest salesperson" is an insipid option... best, most honest, patient and down-to-earth helpful salesperson is the reason we went with them. We found later that their team delivered on all their promises, on time and mad it easy for us. What's not to like!

Original Review on 21-09-2017:

The installation went well, but the next day problems started, in that the alarm light on the Inverter came on, so the system wasn't generating any power. I reported it and they said that there was probably spiking in the grid to my house, they are arranging for an electrician to come out to see what can be done to get the system running properly. As yet that hasn't occurred and the alarm light still keeps on coming on.
The system was inspected by the authorities and the inspector said that everything about the installation was good and it passed his inspection.

8 months later we asked Grahame Caird: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

There was a problem with the power grid spiking causing the warning light on the inverter to light up showing that it was not generating power, the company took about 2 months to sort that out by readjusting the settings. The company also forgot to register with AGL to convert our meter to Solar, so although the system was installed in September, our meter and our connectivity to the grid, was not completed until January.
I thought that they provided a high level of service which was professional and efficient I would certainly recommend them to others.

Original Review on 01-09-2017:

Your Website has been very helpful Original ratings

Installation: N/A

Awesome service from Jim's all the way through, and experienced electrician installing the panels. They made the whole process extremely easy. We would recommend them to anyone wishing to install Solar panels.