Solahart Newcastle

Solahart Newcastle Reviews

Solahart Newcastle is a leading solar supplier in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and Hunter Valley regions. Our focus is on installing the right solar hot water, solar power panel and battery storage systems for our customers needs, and to only use the best quality products on the market.

We understand that investing in solar is a big decision, but not all solar companies are the same. We are a locally based dealership with expert staff and the backing of a company that has been Australia’s free energy experts for over 60 years. This ensures our ability to honour both our workmanship and warranties.

We always start with a free on-site solar assessment, rigorously test our systems for the harshest Australian conditions, and guarantee the performance of every system we sell.

In selecting Solahart Newcastle for your new solar installation, you will have access to the highest quality products and best installers. We supply our own Solahart products which are designed and tested for local conditions plus other high quality brands such as Tesla, SolarEdge, ABB and LG

“At Solahart Newcastle we are focused on ensuring we are providing our customers with the best quality service and products”

Reviewers report paying: $7,000 - $9,400 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solahart Newcastle Reviews (72)

4.2/5

4.4/5

4.3/5

Indifferent

Sales process was good.

Installation was excellent

Was quoted roof cleaning in the process and final costing “still has not occurred”

At this time I have had no follow up communication from the installer, which seems rather poor

Original Review on 10-01-2021:

Solarhart Newcastle - Great from start to finish.

Sales and quoting process was very good.
The installation was very professional.
The grid connection was organised through them and we just had to advise our supplier.
The grid connection technician, advised that In his experience, Solahart Newcastle have a consistent high standard of work and he has never had a problem with any of the jobs they have completed

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has met all our expectations so far. The components are high quality and the standard of installation is very good, I would not hesitate to recommend Solahart to anyone looking for a system in the Newcastle Area.

Original Review on 22-10-2020:

100% all round

Solahart were amazing from the first contact, to Rodney coming out to quote and install team everyone explained everything perfectly. Extremely happy with start to finish Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jamie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No system has not performed as expected. I feel I am actually paying more now!!! My electricity bills have not really changed and I have on top of that repayments for the system. Barely any money back from tarriff. Overall completely regret decision to install solar

Original Review on 20-10-2020:

Great Company to deal with

Great salesperson to deal with, Listened to my requirements and visited the site. Further discussions were painless and attended to promptly.
The installation was a pleasure to watch, the installers ( at my house) worked as a well tuned pair. Experience and efficiency showed and the final installation looked as good as I could have hope for. They cleaned up, fully explained the operation and how Solarheart would contact the energy retailer etc.

Notice was given when all forms were submitted to Energy retailer. A quick phone call to organise plane and power was on and the system operating.

Very professional and a happy customer

8 months later we asked Garry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system was installed one year ago and, is still performing as expected. Very happy with the installation and operation.

Original Review on 13-08-2020:

Professional Company

We chose Solarhart Newcastle firstly because the Sales Consultant that visited our house actually listened to us and did not try and get us to sign on the spot. Also the facts they supplied, I was able to verify from other sources, such as SolarQuotes, where the other companies were not being entirely honest on the quality of their products. We were given plenty of notice on the installation and we are very satisfied with the end result.

Installation only occurred on the 12th of August, but Solarhart have told us that they will organise everything with our energy provider.

I would also like to thank SolarQuotes for great web site and the information you provide. It really helps to be made aware of some of the traps that solar installers can get you with

8 months later we asked Darrell: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very happy with our system. I think the only negative comment I could make is that our peak output has been 5kwh and we installed a 6.3kwh system, but I don't think it is a big deal. The other thing I would like to mention is Solarhart honouring their referral reward. I recommended them to a workmate and he ended up using them and I received a gift card in the mail. it is just another example that they do what they say.

Original Review on 13-08-2020:

Impressed!

I received three quotes and of course all the systems and recommendations were slightly different. Solarhart were patient and answered all my questions as I worked through the decision making process. The equipment was good mid-range with nothing from China (bonus). Communication at all levels has been timely and professional. The installation went very smoothly - the guys even removed two redundant satellite dishes from the roof which would have produced shade on some of the panels. They were polite, well mannered and left the site as they found it. Following installation the operation and the next steps were all explained. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Debbie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very happy with both the performance of the system designed by Solahart Newcastle and the after sales service. The app used to monitor generation is easy to use and the charts available provide a quick overview. Without hesitation I would use Solahart again if I extend the system or purchase another property.

The experience from start to finish was positive and i feel confident that should i have issues Solahart will be there to assist.

Quoting was personal, someone attended the house and explained what was being offered. The installation took place without a fuss, punctual and tidy. Service wise, no complaints.

Great firm to deal with. Excellent installation team.

Quick response and easy to understand information.

An excellent installation team of polite and friendly young men. Hard working, tidy and punctual.

Installation carried out last Friday. As it is only Monday do not expect miracles.
Solarhart are arranging.

Small job not a problem

Solarhart Newcastle replaced a damaged Seraphin panel for us and got our system back running to full operation. The original 6.2KW system was installed almost 5 years ago by SAE, but they no longer operate as far south as Tea Gardens any more. SAE organized for a replacement panel (covered by warranty) to be mailed to us and we paid for Solarhart to do the install. Very happy with the service provided by Solarhart.

Great Team easy to deal with

Solahart are a great team. The quoting process was quick and easy to understand. The installation was effortless no dramas, no mess. I have found everyone I have have had dealings with at Solahart extremely polite, patient and genuine, I could not be happier.

Look NO further, Solahart Newcastle all the way !!

I did a fair bit of research in regards to solar installation and process. Interesting, Solahart was not on my initial list of companies but after using Solarquotes it was part of the 3 companies provided to me.
I was contacted very promptly by Solahart to arrange a site inspection and consult. This is the first very important part of the process, a site inspection is a must. One other company provided me a quote without a site inspection which included a system that would not even physically fit on my roof !
The Solahart sales consultant (Rodney) arrived a couple of days later, taking photographs of the property, roof and power circuits. Rodney was very punctually and well presented. Rodney provided me with a number of options but without the 'hard sell'. Before Rodney even left my home, I had a full information package, proposed system, site layout and fixed price quotation. It doesn't get any easier than that people.
A few weeks later, the installation team arrived at my home, 3 very well mannered and well presented gentleman.
The weather was not the best, rain on and off most of the day but this didn't seem to bother the team who just got on with the job in hand. The guys needed to come into the home a few times but were very respectful and taking off their shoes on every occasion. At the completion of the install you wouldn't even know the guys had been, the site was completely cleaned and all rubbish removed.
Yes, I acknowledge its very early days as my system is only a week old, but in regards to Solahart Newcastle I can not speak more highly of them. Once you are happy with the system and price, Solahart Newcastle took care of everything else.
I have a 5kw SolarEdge Inverter, 14 Solahart 370w panels with the independent panel boosters system.
Yesterday (22/2/2021) I was running my entire home (including air conditioning) for most of the day for free and still pumping a bit back to the grid.
The SolarEdge monitoring App is amazing, you don't want for anything with this app, you get the lot.
I am excited to see what my system will achieve over the next few months.

Easy process

We found dealing with Solarhart from initial communication to install was a very easy process. The salesperson was punctual, friendly and most importantly very informative. After deciding to go ahead the communication was great and the installation was on time and the instal crew were friendly and professional. Overall this was an very easy process.

Speedy install and friendly staff

Solahart did an amazing job getting us set up and connected. They were the only local company that were willing to send a representative out on site for a quote and did so within 2 days of initial contact, the install was speedy and tidy and all staff from office to install crew have been really friendly and happy to answer any and all questions we had. all aspects of the install and hook up have been covered by solahart and they have maintained good contact throughout the process.

Very good experience install team great and very helpful, office staff very good , Sales person a little slack on follow up and returning calls

Salesperson very knowledgeable and easy to get on with , but could do with some better follow up and return calls training.
Installation team very good and knowledgeable and nothing was a problem also explained the system very well and showed how to use the APP, Very clean tidy and polite and ON TIME
Customer service team also very well organised everything went like clock work.

Would recommend this company to anyone the only company to come out and fit the system to my needs

Original Review on 12-05-2020:

great installer very neat work

The installers respectfully listened when they arrived Got to work quickly did the job with a minimum of disruption or noise. Left the job clean and tidy and their work was very neat and precise ,no messy wiring .Before they left they explained the operation of the equipment well Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ron: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system has performed well above expectations I have had substantial credits every quarter even though I have used my air conditioning sometimes all day.Before installing the system I rarely used the air conditioning.it has been the best investment I ever made !!

Great Product

System installed is working very well and is exceeding my output expectations.

Professional from start to finish.

Professional from start to finish. Installation exceeded expectations with quality of workmanship and efficiency of workers. Highly recommend.

Real person for the win

Solahart came to my house and talked through the options, rather than just sending me a quote based on Google Earth.
That’s what made the difference.

Thank you for your feedback Jeanette. We always appreciate hearing from our valued customers.
At Solahart we offer Free Onsite Solar Assessments to ensure we quote the right system for you and your family. Glad to hear you loved the service.
- The Solahart Newcastle Team

Fantastic installer and customer service

The sales and quoting process was simple, straight forward and easy to understand, everything was explained clearly and all questions answered.
The installation was a breeze, polite and tidy workers, on time and left my place how they found it.
Customer service was fantastic the whole way through with quick responses to any questions and emails sent and they took care of everything including contacting power company for grid connection.
Also took the time to run is through the app so we knew what we were looking at.

Thank you for the feedback Marc. Glad to hear you found the quoting process straight forward and our Sales Team clearly answered all your questions. I'll pass along the positive feedback to our Installers, Customer Service and Office Staff.

Good Result

Sales person was not pushy gave information that was understandable , installation was done well and very tidy and was explained every s tep, as I already had a solar set up meant I have a smart meter I had to cotact my energy provider to modify net metering.

Thank you for the feedback John. Great to hear you are happy with our Sales Team and Installers.
Enjoy your Solahart!

Very happy with service

The sales consultant was able to explain what was needed and did not try to oversell in any way. The process from the time i made the decision to go with solahart was uncomplicated.. the installers were polite and efficient. In all i was very pleased with my choice to use this company.

Thank you for the great feedback Elizabeth. Glad the whole process was hassle free for you.
I'll pass along the positive feedback to the Installers.

Efficient installation.

All proceeded smoothly. Reasonable time period. Seemed efficient and communicable installers.

Thank you for the feedback Anthony. Great to hear the installation was efficient and the Installers communicated with you along the way.

Solarhart System

Everything went ahead as promised. No complaints at all. Would recommend.

Love our solar installation

Got a few quotes and decided on Solarhart as they arranged financing, installation and changes with our energy company. Did have to chase them a little to get ball rolling but absolutely recommend them if you’re wanting to ‘go solar’ in the Lake Macquarie-Newcastle area. They answered our many questions and once we said yes all went ahead on scheduled time. Customer service and installers were great.

Great customer service

We went with Solahart because they came to our site to discuss what we needed. The other company we received a quote from did not come to the site, and only quoted by email. Solahart were more expensive but their customer service and installation was excellent.

Professional Installation

Salesman did not apply too much pressure, adjusted 2nd quote quickly to accommodate what I actually wanted. Installation team were polite, helpful and not intrusive. Office staff were a little too pushy (chasing a response, although very friendly) which initially put me off the company because I don't like being chased. However, decided to give benefit of doubt due to company name and did purchase product. Yes the company is organising grid connection

Installed!

Sales / quoting process was good ,Chad explained everything quite clearly and simply

Installation appeared to go ok , the 3 young guys were punctual, polite , tidy & happy to explain what they had done in simple terms

Customer service ok , they have sent paperwork for meter on to AGL yesterday ( less than 1 week after installation

Original Review on 05-09-2019:

Great from start to finish

Quoting was informative but no nonsense or hard sell
Installation was professional and timely. The guys were respectful, clean and informative.
Customer service was in touch with me through each step of the process to ensure smooth running and any my questions answered before problems could arise

8 months later we asked Kate: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Performing really well. Only regret is not going bigger!

Knowledgable and pleasant to work with

The sales guy knew what he was talking about. He also tried several layout options in order to maximise the system.

As for the installation, everything was good apart from poor handling of the panels (have highly visible scratches). Waiting for this to be rectified next week, hopefully.

Fantastic Service

All of Solarhart Newcastles services have been great. The sales meeting, installation and follow up from there Customer Service team have been wonderful. I contacted them multiple times with questions and they advised with no problems at all. Highly recommend Solarhart Newcastle.

Great service from start to finish

Easy to understand no pressure sale tradies on time very polite very tidy customer service was. great any questions answered no problem very happy

Purchased. Just waiting for the install.

All three of the installers/quote suppliers were good to deal with. All of the systems quoted were of equal quality and within a whisker of the price. Solarhart won out in the end as they could offer the Powerall at the best price.

Still waiting for app to ensure that all are working

Still waiting for app to ensure that all are working

Hi Josh
The link was sent on the 6th December, sometimes it can go into spam mail. We have resent this morning. If you have any problems opening the link please contact us at 49513333. Regards Solahart Newcastle

Original Review on 08-04-2019:

I chose Solahart because they are a long established company with a strong local presence.
I purchased a system through them despite their quote not being the cheapest, but with an assurance that they will most likely be around for a long time and are readily available.
Their installers went beyond the brief to ensure that we were happy with the product/installation we received.

8 months later we asked George: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has so far met all expectations, although on reflection, a larger inverter will have allowed me to gather more solar output.
I am impressed with the efficiency of the system even in overcast conditions.
So far, our last bill indicated that we are importing 61% less energy from our power company than at the same time last year.

Original Review on 18-02-2019:

Great people to deal and talk to from first contact to after completion all questions answered with no hurry or jargon from sales manager, office staff and installation team Our house and yard left perfect after a very professional and fantastic installation cannot thank all of them enough. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Phil: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Better than I expected

Quality installer

Quality installer, great reputation in Newcastle. Thorough install, and spent extra time as difficult on old house. Very professional. Very happy

Great Install, poor after sale customer service

The solar rep and installers were fantastic. It took 11 days after installation and phone calls to have the paperwork submitted to our energy provider after being told it only takes 2 to 3 days. The customer service was very poor and they didn't follow up or return calls when they told me they would. Extremely disappointing when spending quite a substantial amount of money.

Good installation

Sale was good
Installation tidy and punctual
Tell organised the connection but no feedback on operation of app

Original Review on 28-10-2018:

A very professional established company. Also they don’t try to sell you a system that is far beyond your needs Original ratings

10 months later we asked Lyndall: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We have only a small solar system at 10 panels and so far has generated a maximum daily generation 18kwh. This reduced our power bill by approximately 30% which definitely meets our expectations
Solarhart offered the best value for money, the sales rep was more than helpful. The guys that installed our system offered the best possible placement and solutions.. Price, quality and service....second to none. Thank you.

Dealing with Solarhart

From the initial contact, having a sales rep quote at our home, scheduling and installation I found Solarhart very good to deal with. Thank you to all involved.
Ian

Original Review on 17-11-2018:

It is difficult for me to know, at this stage, whether the system is value for money as the other supplier was quoting on different makes & models. That being said, Solarhart did do a good job on the installation and the installers were knowledgeable about the product. I would certainly give Solarhart a good mention if the occasion arises. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoff: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It's still too early to tell but I expect to get my next bill shortly and that will tell the story.

Original Review on 11-11-2018:

8 months later we asked Dave: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Solarhart Newcastle communicated with us quite well prior to getting the deposit, however, their level of communication since receiving the deposit has waned.
Took a few emails/phone calls to get them back out to install the Modbus monitor installed but overall very happy with the product and the service.
Little frustrated with the solar edge app and telstra issue which wont allow me to monitor production/ consumption but have been assured they are working on a fix.

Takes the shine off paying so much and not being able to see what we are producing.

This has nothing to do with Solahart and they have been fantastic.