Solar Secure Reviews

About Solar Secure, Solar Installers

Solar Secure

Reviewers report paying: $2,800 - $4,200 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Secure is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solar Secure Solar Reviews

On time good response to requests

Solar secure provided a very competitive quote at the same time considering many change requests such as installation of inverter inside of garage wall (as north facing wall the sun affects inverter life), using three phase inverter instead of single phase, installation of bird preventive mesh (material supplied by myself). The installation was done within 3 weeks of order. The customer service was always available for queries. Good job. Show additional information

Satisfied customer

Installer was good and efficient. Took some time for my service provider to update my meter to incorporate the solar system into the grid though. Show additional information

With prices so low decided to max system size

Sales and quoting process went well. Would have liked a site visit but knew enough about solar to know what to ask for and confirm during process. Very accommodating of my requests.
Installation was fast and high quality but had to keep an eye on them, as they wanted to move panels to save time and complexity. Also mistreated one panel but had then replace it.

WARNING !!! - Dodgiest australian company !!!

I am surprised that in Australia exist a company like this.

The communication was so bloody smooth, and after more than ten times talking on the phone and getting information about their offer, I agree for installation of 6.6KW on the price that they provided in the quote. I paid deposit $200, and I got the day of the installation which was after only two weeks.

One day before the installation, they call me on the phone, and they asked for more money ($350) to pay something which already was agreed to be included in the price. Their excuse was that it was a miscommunication and that I have to pay if I want solar panels to be installed. Lucky me, I have all final communication on the emails, and somehow I manage to get my deposit back and to report the case in the Fair Trading and ACCC.

My advice, if this is the only company left in the world, and if you want to have headaches and you decide to deal with them, make sure to have everything in writing because that is how I managed to get my deposit back.

Informative and attentive

Charles and his team were informative and attentive. Installation was slightly tricky with miscommunication however quickly rectified. Show additional information

Do not go near this company!

In my 64 years I have never experienced such bad service.
They tell you anything they think you want to hear.
I paid my deposit on the 5/3/20 for a 6.6 Kw system (20 panels) I asked when they would be doing the site inspection as I had doubts that they would get 20 panels on the north facing side of the roof. Do not worry they said all will be fine we know what we are doing. Installation will be in 4 to 5 weeks. After 6 weeks I rang to find out what was happening, We will ring back in 1 hour with an answer. 1 week later I rang back to see what was happening. We will ring back in 1 hour. Again No call back. This went on for months with promises after promises but nothing being done. I finally get an Installation date of 13/5 so I organise my work to have the day off. 8 30 goes by then 9 30, I call them at 10am and I am told the installer will call me ASAP. I get a call from them at midday saying they knew nothing about my install and it would not be done today and after looking at google earth there was no way they would get 20 panels on my roof in fact we would be lucky to get 8 on. They told me that Solar Secure do this all the time and they was going to terminate their contract with them. The story goes on and on in much the same manner. Another contract was agreed on with 8 panels and another date set for installation. Again no one showed up.

I rang and told them I no longer wanted to do business with Solar Secure and wanted my deposit back. Im still waiting. If anyone wants to ask, i'm happy to tell the whole story.
Wayne.

Solar a new experience

It’s early days as the system was only fitted 2 cloudy days ago but the the installation carried out by John a local electrical contractor was extremely professional and flowed easily. They were an efficient crew and very safety and compliance aware. I chose Solar Secure mainly because of the value for money and the work put in by Leo of Solar Secure nothing was too hard and it wasn’t the cheapest quote. The Seraphim 330watt panels and Growatt 5kw inverter are not the higher cost equipment but after years in the automotive industry I know higher prices don’t necessarily mean higher quality. Only time will tell so I have an open mind. I appreciate the reading Solar Quotes provided ,and the quotes provided to assist with my decisions only time will now decide. Show additional information

Keep away from Solar Secure

It took 9 months for the system to connect.
After 2 months of paid for the 12Kw system without hearing anything from Solar Secure, I call them up and they told me that the panels for my system are out of stock and the new shipment will be arriving in a week time. So I waited.

Another month has past but still nothing happening so I call Solar Secure again, and this time they told me that the panels for my system were discontinued and I need to sign a new agreement for differ panels. I signed and I waited.

Another 2 months went by and still nothing, so I call Solar Secure again, and this time they told me that someone will contact me in a week or so to arrange for the installation of the panels. And this time someone from Captain Kilowatt called, and they installed a 10Kw (not the 12Kw that I’ve paid for) system.

After total of 7 months I thought that now all I just have to wait for ActewAGL to install the smart meter.

Another 2 months went by but still no smart meter, so I call Solar Secure to see what was going on and they just said they will call me back on this, which they never did.

So after a week I didn’t hear anything from Solar Secure I called again and again and again until someone finally provided me with an ActewAGL’s Job Request Number so I can check what the progress on this is.

So I contacted ActewAGL and ask the progress on the JRN that Solar Secure has provided me, what ActewAGL told me that the JRN that I have asked was not for my place, it was for another place on the other side of Canberra, and they did not have any job request for my place.
So I finally make the job request myself. And I have called and emailed Solar Secure for the refund of the parts that has not been installed and now another 2 months later still has not hear anything from them. I think I will report this to the ACCC if I do not hear from them within one week.