Solar Secure

Solar Secure Reviews

Solar Secure is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,150 - $3,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Secure Reviews (15)

3.9/5

3.9/5

3.8/5

3.5/5

Very economical system, beware of sales/warranty longevity?

Am in Brisbane.

Was recommended to Solar Secure by a colleague at work who had a few other friends settle on this company to install their solar systems. They are certainly one of the most competitively priced companies around selling lower end/reputable Chinese products (18x Trina Solar Honey 370W panels & Growatt 5kW inverter with wifi stick for $3150 on a 2 story house). They also did not have a product to monitor solar energy consumption (the wifi module tells you how much production you have and the inverter will switch off at night). There are newer Trina 390/400W panels as well offered by other companies... something to keep in mind.

My main hesitation was Solar Secure hadn't been registered for long (~ 2 years) and not sure how warranty issues would go if something were to happen over the next few years if they disappeared. They will negotiate on price if you get a similar/better deal from another company.

I did find the sales process to be pretty annoying frankly. They don't need to be so pushy as it could definitely turn off a few people - I was almost one of those. Lots of sales speak with not enough useful information for the customer. Also watch out for the reviews they keep pushing you to read as there are also unhappy customers on other review platforms.

I had to advocate for the best inverter placement (inside my garage) and placement of a split array of panels due to ventilation shafts on my NW roof. They were not very informative as other companies in doing an analysis of where the best placement of panels is to maximise energy production. Between other websites (Solar Quotes, Solcast & SunEarthTools) I was able to work out the placement that would fit in with our usage of high drain electricity devices Vs time of day across the different seasons. (mainly pool pump, cooking, washing, heating/cooling during daytime).

They did point out my switchboard needing an upgrade and gave me a rough price, but ended up getting my own electrician do that work before the PV system install.

The install was done about 2-3 weeks after paying the deposit/doing paperwork. They subcontract to 2 installers who were pretty efficient and clean. Just one mistake which they rectified (dropped a bracket on to my tin deck roof and punctured a hole). The installer was very apologetic and patched it as best as he could. If it was a still a problem he would be happy to get a proper roofing company to replace the sheet of roofing.

Solar Secure were quick with all the paperwork and my electricity retailer had the meter mode swapped remotely in the next day or so after install.

Overall they are very economical, quick and the installers were good. Sales process was painful though... he probably just needs to cut the words in half and allow customers to consider their options, without any pressure tactics. As a customer you will need to do some research to find out what is best for your electricity usage & panel/inverter placement... they were pretty lacking in this department.

Also get everything in writing before paying. Read their PDS/terms & conditions... if you are concerned about roof damage their terms are not as generous as other companies. There is a cooling off period of 10 business days (not 10 calendar days as the sales person thought) just in case you get cold feet.

Original Review on 16-11-2020:

Well Well Well

All was good / communication etc. until time to pay ,when i noticed there was a damaged panel and no silicone in one of the holes through the roof tiles and an oily residue left on some panels, which is when they became quite rude and somewhat aggressive toward me as i requested this to be addressed before i paid the balance, they even threatened to pull it all of the roof and take it all away which was just terrible on their behalf, after a week or so it was all sorted and lucky i contacted the energy supplier to have the smart meter installed (connection to the grid) early on as it took the 15 days to be connected after all this, here was also a promise to assist with the connection of the wifi but have not heard from them since i paid the balance Original ratings

8 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

As noted in the panel review so far so good!

Extremely Happy with Solar secure!

I have been in touch with raj through my friend as he installed solar for him. I have received amazing service from the entire team from start to finish. Would surely recommend this company to everyone who is willing to go solar.

can't wait to see my savings !!

Original Review on 17-06-2020:

Solar a new experience

It’s early days as the system was only fitted 2 cloudy days ago but the the installation carried out by John a local electrical contractor was extremely professional and flowed easily. They were an efficient crew and very safety and compliance aware. I chose Solar Secure mainly because of the value for money and the work put in by Leo of Solar Secure nothing was too hard and it wasn’t the cheapest quote. The Seraphim 330watt panels and Growatt 5kw inverter are not the higher cost equipment but after years in the automotive industry I know higher prices don’t necessarily mean higher quality. Only time will tell so I have an open mind. I appreciate the reading Solar Quotes provided ,and the quotes provided to assist with my decisions only time will now decide. Original ratings

8 months later we asked James: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has been a huge success haven’t had any issues

Top Quality, Informative and good installation

I have researched and ask plenty of providers before selecting solar secure to install a 10kw system. from start to finish Jack provided information that was good enough for us to decide on the system and performance.

installation stage communicated to us in a well organised manner and we are satisfied with the service we have received.

Installation completed within a day and we have been provided a short explanation on system before they started installation and after they completed the work. wifi also explained by team over the call.

I am extremely happy with the service and surely go out an talk to other people about solar secure.

kind regards
Wayne

Ok for the price

sales - OK
installation - Ok
service - not good enough

Solar Installation

After a time of waiting for the installation John and Jason took us on board and with their Knowledge and help the installation was completed. The installer was very professional and did an excellent job.

On time good response to requests

Solar secure provided a very competitive quote at the same time considering many change requests such as installation of inverter inside of garage wall (as north facing wall the sun affects inverter life), using three phase inverter instead of single phase, installation of bird preventive mesh (material supplied by myself). The installation was done within 3 weeks of order. The customer service was always available for queries. Good job.

Satisfied customer

Installer was good and efficient. Took some time for my service provider to update my meter to incorporate the solar system into the grid though.

With prices so low decided to max system size

Sales and quoting process went well. Would have liked a site visit but knew enough about solar to know what to ask for and confirm during process. Very accommodating of my requests.
Installation was fast and high quality but had to keep an eye on them, as they wanted to move panels to save time and complexity. Also mistreated one panel but had then replace it.

WARNING !!! - Dodgiest australian company !!!

I am surprised that in Australia exist a company like this.

The communication was so bloody smooth, and after more than ten times talking on the phone and getting information about their offer, I agree for installation of 6.6KW on the price that they provided in the quote. I paid deposit $200, and I got the day of the installation which was after only two weeks.

One day before the installation, they call me on the phone, and they asked for more money ($350) to pay something which already was agreed to be included in the price. Their excuse was that it was a miscommunication and that I have to pay if I want solar panels to be installed. Lucky me, I have all final communication on the emails, and somehow I manage to get my deposit back and to report the case in the Fair Trading and ACCC.

My advice, if this is the only company left in the world, and if you want to have headaches and you decide to deal with them, make sure to have everything in writing because that is how I managed to get my deposit back.

Informative and attentive

Charles and his team were informative and attentive. Installation was slightly tricky with miscommunication however quickly rectified.

Do not go near this company!

In my 64 years I have never experienced such bad service.
They tell you anything they think you want to hear.
I paid my deposit on the 5/3/20 for a 6.6 Kw system (20 panels) I asked when they would be doing the site inspection as I had doubts that they would get 20 panels on the north facing side of the roof. Do not worry they said all will be fine we know what we are doing. Installation will be in 4 to 5 weeks. After 6 weeks I rang to find out what was happening, We will ring back in 1 hour with an answer. 1 week later I rang back to see what was happening. We will ring back in 1 hour. Again No call back. This went on for months with promises after promises but nothing being done. I finally get an Installation date of 13/5 so I organise my work to have the day off. 8 30 goes by then 9 30, I call them at 10am and I am told the installer will call me ASAP. I get a call from them at midday saying they knew nothing about my install and it would not be done today and after looking at google earth there was no way they would get 20 panels on my roof in fact we would be lucky to get 8 on. They told me that Solar Secure do this all the time and they was going to terminate their contract with them. The story goes on and on in much the same manner. Another contract was agreed on with 8 panels and another date set for installation. Again no one showed up.

I rang and told them I no longer wanted to do business with Solar Secure and wanted my deposit back. Im still waiting. If anyone wants to ask, i'm happy to tell the whole story.
Wayne.

Keep away from Solar Secure

It took 9 months for the system to connect.
After 2 months of paid for the 12Kw system without hearing anything from Solar Secure, I call them up and they told me that the panels for my system are out of stock and the new shipment will be arriving in a week time. So I waited.

Another month has past but still nothing happening so I call Solar Secure again, and this time they told me that the panels for my system were discontinued and I need to sign a new agreement for differ panels. I signed and I waited.

Another 2 months went by and still nothing, so I call Solar Secure again, and this time they told me that someone will contact me in a week or so to arrange for the installation of the panels. And this time someone from Captain Kilowatt called, and they installed a 10Kw (not the 12Kw that I’ve paid for) system.

After total of 7 months I thought that now all I just have to wait for ActewAGL to install the smart meter.

Another 2 months went by but still no smart meter, so I call Solar Secure to see what was going on and they just said they will call me back on this, which they never did.

So after a week I didn’t hear anything from Solar Secure I called again and again and again until someone finally provided me with an ActewAGL’s Job Request Number so I can check what the progress on this is.

So I contacted ActewAGL and ask the progress on the JRN that Solar Secure has provided me, what ActewAGL told me that the JRN that I have asked was not for my place, it was for another place on the other side of Canberra, and they did not have any job request for my place.
So I finally make the job request myself. And I have called and emailed Solar Secure for the refund of the parts that has not been installed and now another 2 months later still has not hear anything from them. I think I will report this to the ACCC if I do not hear from them within one week.