Albany Solar

Albany Solar Reviews

Albany Solar is a locally owned and operated solar energy company based in Albany, West Australia. The company is CEC accredited and says that its designers and installers are accredited and qualified. The company also says that its systems are covered by a 25 year performance warranty. The only customer review available rated the company very highly for system quality, installation and customer service.

Customer testimonials for Albany Solar are available, and include the following:

“ Albany Solar were very professional and friendly. They gave me referral names when requested – all had similar good experiences. They went through all the options with me, explaining the differences and always conscious of personal preferences. They are also offering follow up services like reminders for cleaning panels. I would recommend Albany Solar to anyone.”

Reviewers report paying: $5,699 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Albany Solar Reviews (56)

4.3/5

Glad I went with Albany Solar

The sales and quoting process was prompt, friendly and efficient. Ingram came to see the house and discuss requirements within a day and a quote was received within a few days, offering 3 options at different price points. These were competitive with prices sourced from the internet and friends.

Installation occurred within a few weeks. The team were excellent, working efficiently despite light rain. They were polite, friendly and approachable, answering queries patiently and providing all the information I could possibly need, written and verbal. The installation site looks compact and neat and the area was left clean and tidy.

I was expecting that conversion to solar power would be complicated and timeconsuming but Albany Solar made the whole process seem very easy. I didn't have to do anything extra. Correspondence from the office has been outstanding, providing all the paperwork in a timely and organised manner.

I would highly recommend Albany Solar for quality service.

Good people to deal with

Great installers; friendly, tidy and punctual. The company organised everything regarding grid connection, altogether a very easy process for me.
The system is working fine at present and I am confident, should a problem develop the company will quickly fix it for me.

Original Review on 10-11-2020:

Fast response

The Albany Solar sales Rep was on the phone immediately after asking for a quote, was very professional, followed up with email lots of information.

Once my small deposit was paid, my meter box was updated for solar connection in days. We had the correct meter, just had to be reprogrammed.

A team of installers arrived a few weeks later. Lucky we were home as we were not notified of a date before hand. They were professional. They asked permissions for where to run the cable connections, and discussed best location for inverter. Everything checked to be running before they left. The system up and running.

8 months later we asked Lee: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is working fine. The state government solar energy scheme however is all in their favour, and when there is a lot of sun, and a few solar exporters on our line, I have noticed the line voltage rises and we are shut off the grid so unable to export power.
Am still saving money though, so better investment than leaving the money in the bank with current interest rates.

Great business transaction, all friendly and efficient

Sales process was professional
Installation prebooked, tidy and very efficient
Customer service and energy provider contact seamless

All Round Top Job and Nice People to Deal With.

Albany Solar were Fantastic.The Installation was over and done with in about half a Day. All the Paper work was organized by them including the Rebate. Now instead of Using 10 to 14 KWH of Power a Day I have it down to 2 KWH with up to 38KWH excess Power going back into the Grid.Could not be Happier!

Seamless Experience

From my initial contact to after sales, installation and post installation care, my experience with Albany Solar has been outstanding. Living a long way away from the actual property, Albany Solar co-ordinated everything with my builder and nothing was too difficult for them.

An absolutely seamless experience. Thankyou

Prompt and efficient installation

The only company of three who inspected the property before quoting and discussed in full all the options
Installation took place at appointed day and hour - was completed in quick time and the crew was friendly and efficient; leaving the work area like a new pin
Albany Solar arranged everything for us and gave us a complete briefing before leaving after installation

Salesman was very helpful and the team of installers very efficient. They were polite, pleasant hard working young men. All rubbish was removed. They explained the system before they left.

Salesman was very helpful and explained the system. The team of installers were very polite, pleasant,, hard working young men. All rubbish was removed. I was completely satisfied with all aspects of service

Local people, quality install

Local friendly and approachable company who did the lot from sales to install and had a good understanding of my power requirements. Quality workmanship and they live not far away should any issues arise
We were provided with so much time and information to help make our decision. The service was brilliant and we were so impressed with how quickly they were able to organise and install the system. The installers were very efficient, thorough and friendly.
We’ve got an awesome system pumping out loads of energy! Really happy.
Great to deal with local business.
Synergy changed the meter very quickly and then there was a cancellation for another customer and our installation was moved forward, so no waiting times.
It's early days yet- because of the odd orientation of our house and the nearby presence of large karri trees we decided to put 8 micro inverter panels on the NW facing roof and 4 on the SE facing roof - less shade from trees from the SE. We'll assess what's working best in 12 months time, and work out which panels work best over a 12 month period- I suspect the SE aspect may actually work better than the NW panels- due to shade on the back of the house. We're a work in progress. The supplier has been terrific- prepared to discuss options and very professional approach.
Howard from Albany Solar really know that he is talking about. He has helped me pick the system that I need and yes it a bigger one but I don’t need to extend next year as I wanted too and will be adding a heat pump in the next 2 years when I need to replace our old solar hot water system.
Albany Solar are Very knowledgeable in all aspects of solar power systems and supply. They were very obliging and easy to work with in scheduling appointment and installation times. They kept in touch and wow....on day of installation the team arrived and got straight into getting the job done. The site was cleaned meticulously. Thoroughly recommend the Albany Solar team.
To avoid interruption to the business the technicians started early (6.00am) to install cables to system.
Staff very friendly and clean and tidy. System performs very well.
The service is good and the people are nice. To begin with, nothing can go wrong with these at hand in transacting a business.

Original Review on 21-12-2017:

I have 2 properties - both had different systems installed just over a week ago.1 is a standard 16 panel (Q cell) system & the other an 8 panel micro inverter / battery ready system. They cost a faction over $7,000 each. Also it is too early to assess there performance. Original ratings

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your systems. We are happy to have a look at your bills later in the year to see how they are going for you. :)

6 months later we asked John : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

G'day Finn.Its only been about 6 months since the system was installed mate - nevertheless.There have been no faults to date(touch wood).To be perfectly honest with you I am not an avid follower of its performance - preferring to have faith instead.All the best...John.
Meter box hasn't yet been changed so we cannot use yet but the supplier was prompt and efficient in installation.
GENUINE INFORMATION IS WHATS BEST FOR CUSTOMER, NOT PRICE DRIVEN. PASSIONATE ABOUT HOW THEY GO ABOUT BUSINESS WITH A GOOD REGIONAL REPUTATION
The service and the people who installed it were great that's why we went with them, but after the installation was done which was on a Friday we got a email on the coming Monday asking for monies.
As being a truck driver i've been away for couple of days and was going to ring them first thing Monday morning, low and behold my phone rang just after 8 o/clock, it was Albany Solar asking where's there monies.
Now don't get me wrong i'll buy local and support the little guy but don't coming knocking on my door asking where's our monies when it hasn't even been 7 days I just had to get time to go to the bank and get it out as I was good for the monies even put down a $500 deposit like they asked. but if I was 2weeks late I could understand but not even 7 days had past and I'm getting emails and phone calls!!!!! If I invest in something its 100% don't come knocking asking where's your bloody monies is!!!!!!
Nothing worse than people harassing me about money after ive spent a couple of grand in their business.

Hi Pieter, thank you for your review and sorry to hear you were disappointed with an element of our service. Our invoices state payment upon installation, we can always work with peoples personal and banking arrangements and often do, for example where internet banking limits are not high enough for customer's to transfer the balance in one go. Part of the reason for calling, is just to check the invoice we send by email has been received, because there have been instances we have awaited for payment, and the customer advises non receipt of the invoice. Sorry our approach on this occasion left you feeling harassed, it was never the intention, thank you for your business and buying local.
We wanted to spend our money locally and when I presented other quotes to Albany Solar they were able to better them.
The in-store advice we received gave us a lot of confidence and made us want to use this business for this purchase
The whole process was very smooth and pretty much handled completely by Albany Solar.
The installation team did a very nice job and were finished in just over 4 hours.
The system has been functioning beautifully ever since.
We would thoroughly recommend this business to anyone contemplating a similar purchase.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our products and service. We are very happy to hear that you are pleased with your system.
Sales, service and installation all handled with friendly professionalism. All our queries answered quickly and efficiently. System been installed for 11 days now and working at a much higher efficiency than we had expected. We have also preciously installed a solar gate from Albany Solar, all sales, service and queries relating to gate have been handled to a high standard. Thanks Albany Solar.

Hi Dennis and Rene, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your system. :)

Hi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your system. :)
The young fellows who did the installation were friendly and professional in their work

Hi Marg, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your solar system. :)
Initial contact at Quotation time was very informative

Hi Fran and Tom, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your system. :)

Hi Danny, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your system. :)

Hi Harold, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your system. :)
Very professional service and pleasant people to deal with.

Thank you Jonathan. :)
Fantastic company to work with. Great communication and very professional installation . Highly recommend these guys ????

Hi Susan, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. We really hope you enjoy your new solar system. Looking forward to keeping in touch and seeing how your system is reducing your bills! :)
Very good customer service

Good system. Does the job. Great install. Barely know its there.

Hi Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. :)
The system is working well & well love the MyEnlighten software !

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. :)

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. :)

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. :)

Original Review on 18-11-2016:

Negotiations with mains supplier are in the pipeline. Original ratings

Value for money: N/A
Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

8 months later we asked Tanya: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System installed in February 2017. Minor tweaking required regarding smarts, but didn't affect output. Constantly monitored by Enphase complete with a monthly report. Fantastic client focused firm.

Hi Robert, Thank you for taking the time to review Albany Solar. :)
Not installed yet. Have paid 50% deposit but still waiting on batteries to arrive from eastern states.
We've only been connected for 3 weeks with no power account as yet, but everything seems to be going well so far.
Although it cost a bit more than clear tech services we decided to stay local as it anything goes wrong they will fix as quickly as possible. Clean tech. did a thorough job with call backs, were cheaper and if closer than 350Km away would possibly gone with them. so would recommend them to anyone in Perth.
As yet we have not had an energy bill since solar panels were fitted. So perhaps we are doing this survey a bit early.