David Borg Electrical & Solar Reviews

About David Borg Electrical & Solar, Solar Installers

David Borg Electrical & Solar
Silver Partner
ABN: 74 850 023 014  ABN active since 01 Dec 2010 | The Trustee For Borg Family Trust
ACN: 146 977 513  ACN active since 22 Oct 2010 | Borg Power Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 231840C  Borg Power Solutions Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $5,185 - $6,050 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

David Borg Electrical & Solar is based in the beautiful rural setting of Falls Creek NSW just south of Nowra. We have been installing solar from way back to the 60 cent feed in tariff days so solar is far from new to us. Being Accredited Solar Installers, Qualified Electrical Contractors and Accredited Service Providers you can be assured there will be no hidden surprises at the time of installation as the pre quote site visit is done by David who will measure up the roof for suitability and also inspect the meter box to ensure everything is included in the quotation. We will also assist you in the process to apply for your change of meter with the major electricity retailers. We only use quality brand panels and inverters. Being centrally located in the Shoalhaven you can be assured a quick turn around time from the initial contact to the completion of the installation and also follow up service should it be required which is paramount to your new investment. Quality, trustworthy, competitive, reliable and local is what we offer and is backed up by our previous clients.

David Borg Electrical & Solar Solar Reviews

Really great job

David's quote was thorough and his response to my questions were very helpful. He installed my second solar system and three phase power. Dave did mention that due to Victoria’s lock down there could be some delay with parts which was out of his hands and I was happy know.
Overall David is a definitely a good electrician. He was prompt, cleaned up and communication via emails was concise. Couldn’t be happier with the job. Highly recommended.

Prompt and efficient; local family business.

David responded promptly, on the same day that I made my request for 3 quotes. His company bio (small family business) was clear, direct and to the point. And, he provided a quote with the initial response! I was very impressed with that. I opted for the Fronius inverter (with Smart Meter) because of the active cooling.

The installation went smoothly - David and his team were punctual, friendly, polite and tidy.

The customer service was good; and it could have been excellent if David had walked me through the grid connection process online. It all got resolved fairly promptly in the end. David responded very well to a couple of phone call queries about the inverter. Overall, very helpful.

Solid system

As usual with these things, I’ve saved my review until a few months after install to ensure that the thing is working long term. It is!

David’s quote was by far the best of the three on offer both in terms of price and quality.

Although it took him a while to get going on the job(bushfires and floods don’t help!) he was punctual and kept updating me on the progress of components ordering as well as scheduled install dates.

During the install I noticed a run of conduit Across the roof which he was more than happy to move under the colourbond to tidy the install. No fuss. Other trades wouldn’t have bothered.

Would I recommend him? You bet. From system design to quote and install he does the lot!

Excited to go Solar

We went down the multiple quotation path and decided from the list of competitive installation prices. We went with DBE as their approach was aligned to Finns advice and our own personal investigation regarding Solar. DBE was also one of three companies recommended by Finn. David kept us posted all the way, answering all questions minus the hard sales pitch. Arrived on-site, on time and the day promised. David and team worked in with another contractor on site at the time, in a professional, cooperative manner. Though striking some challenges during panel installation due to our roof alignment, the job was finished in good time and the final result very very pleasing. David pre advised us to download the inverter app and test for wifi strength so we were prepared for installation day. Before leaving advised how to contact the power company and request the change of power supply to book a site visit to install Smart Meter installation. He also provided further support during the on-line application process when contacted. We also have confidence in DBE being a locally operated company. Show additional information

Great price, good communication, rapid install and local!

I was surprised that the most local of companies had the best price for the quality of system I wanted. Installation was really soon after the quote was accepted. They turned up on time and did a neat job. Show additional information

Great job all round

Prompt quotation and detailed information supplied.Reliable and excellent communication.
Hassle free installation. Would recommend.

Friendly helpful advice and service

David responded the next day after I requested a quote for solar, with a detailed estimate, which was a great point of comparison with the other quotes and average price of installation in my area. I asked him to come out and physically review the site which he did promptly. His quote was well below the others I got for the same systems.

I asked David numerous questions about the system and particularly how to transfer my electricity provider to get the best solar feed in tariff rate, and how the changeover occurs. (PS I changed to a provider with a 21 cent solar feed-in tariff rather than the 10 cent tariff provided by my current provider).

Installation was delayed due to heavy rain, however David was in regular contact and arrived on the first available day after the weather cleared and installed the system, which I am very happy with.

I would highly recommend David and his team.

Great system so far!

The system is working well and saving money compared to previous system. Show additional information

Hassle free Installation

Once I made my decision on the technology. Everything was easy. Show additional information
It came down to two suppliers who both quoted a similar system with excellent service and credentials so the difference was in the price.
As far as the installation went I couldn't be happier with the service with everything on time and no surprises and would thoroughly recommend David Borg Electrical.

Hassle free, fantastic service.

From first contact to completion of the job David provided fantastic service. He displayed a high level of knowledge in the product and worked with us to find the best system for our needs.
David was on-site for the installation with two other team members who all displayed a high level of professionalism.
We wouldn't hesitate in recommending David Borg Electrical and Solar.

Very Professional and Well Done

Requested quotes on various equipment and company supplied these without hesitation. Installation was carried out without any fuss. Installers arrived exactly on time and were tidy and helpful answering all questions. David Borg Electrical and Solar helped with all paperwork required for us to connect to grid and set up monitoring app for us. Very pleased with our choice of installer. Show additional information

Excellent communication. Great installation

Installer was very good keeping in contact in the lead up to the job. Changed quotes multiple times based on my changing opinion of what to put the most money into.
Job was done quickly and as promised

Great installation and very efficient and honest people to deal with.

A week from time of request to confirmation of acceptance. Very tidy punctual and efficient, good team work. Customer service first class no issues at all. Show additional information

Highly Recommended

How was the sales/quoting process? 7/10
How did the installation go? 9/10
How was the customer service? 8/10

A Very Successful Installation

This was our second good experience with David Borg - he installed our underground power 3 years ago. David's quote was competitive and thorough and his response to questions were generous and helpful. Once informed of our decision to proceed we discussed some adjustments (to use tilt frames in lieu of on-roof rails) and he quickly completed the supply orders and was on site on the date we agreed.
David is a tradesman with many years experience in the electrical trades, with a direct and energetic style and the skills to solve problems on site without a fuss.

Great from start to finish

We are very happy with our installation. The whole process went smoothly with everything taking place on time and to a high standard. The panels are working perfectly. Recommended. Show additional information

New Installation Is Great

Dave Borg was great. He turned up exactly when he said he would which is a big plus when you live in a regional area. The price was very competitive with quality components (we had at least 5 quotes at this stage). The removal of our old 2 kW system went without a hitch and the new 6.2 kW system was in place all before 2.30 pm. There was a slight problem with the wifi setup and the inverter however that was resolved within a day. As I was already connected to the grid we were up and running immediately. Could not be happier. Show additional information

Great Experience

I decided to accept David Borgs quote because of two things. He was on the job not long after being recommended to me by Solar Quotes and he is a tradesman with many years in the industry which meant he knew what he was talking about. His no nonsense style is quite refreshing after struggling with some of the rubbish Ive had to listen to from sales people with the larger companies.
He arrived to do the install on the nominated day and went about the job in an efficient professional manner taking the time when finished to make sure I was up to speed with what to expect and had the paper work ready for the metering so that I only needed to sign the application and email it away.

Im very glad that I went with a small local company and was dealt with in such a professional manner Ide recommend David to any one in this area.
I am a retired TAFE Teacher of electronics, recently we installed solar power to our holiday house in Callala Beach (Jervis Bay area) After some research (3 other quotes) we went with the local level 2 service provider “David Borg Power Solution.” While not the cheapest quote it was very competitive and with his emails sounded very professional and competent. As I live in Sydney, David communicated via Email and was always very prompt with his replies. The installation of 5.5K. Watts of solar panels and inverter was accomplished in half a day and I am completely happy with the level of workmanship on the installation. The new meters were connected by the retailer and David returned the next day to turn the system on. Show additional information
David attended our premises to give a quote and explained the best way to go for us. Within 2 weeks we had our system installed, was very neat and tidy, professional and cleaned up upon completion. Everything was explained to us and we were very happy with the service provided. Show additional information
David installed my solar system and I was very pleased with the result. He was very competitive on the price and very thorough on informing me how the solar works. He made me feel very comfortable with my purchase as he explained everything to me before I outlaid any money. The whole process was very smooth and quick from signing the contract to having the system installed on my roof and producing electricity. I am saving lots of money on my electricity bill and that is important to me being a widowed pensioner. The saving on electricity costs allows me to have a bit of extra money to spend on other things. I would highly recommend David to do a professional solar installation and save you money on your electricity. Show additional information
David was the actual person to quote and inspect the roof and fuse box.
David and his helper arrived at 730 am and were finished by 3 pm.(all rubbish removed )