DES Electrical Contractors Reviews

About DES Electrical Contractors, Solar Installers

DES Electrical Contractors Pty Ltd is a Tasmanian family owned company (Devonport Electrical Service) registered under ABN 97 621 630 635.

DES commenced operation in 1986 and has actively been involved with major projects throughout Tasmania. We started grid connected solar in Tasmania in 2005 and are Tasmania's largest Enphase micro inverter installer.

We are Clean Energy Council accredited in both design and install for gird connect and stand alone solar systems

DES Electrical Contractors Solar Reviews

Nigel came to the house and explained the product in terms I could understand, he was very helpful. Also they were quick to get things underway when I decided to go ahead with the install. Only letdown was that the installers were friendly, proficient but in a hurry and that was reflected in some things identified after they had left to go on holidays. Show additional information
The Sales Rep, Office Staff and Technicians were excellent to deal with: good staff means happy customers!

They all responded quickly and fully to any queries that we had. They did what they said they'd do when they said they would! They always checked with us when there were any variations in plans.

Pleasure to deal with - very highly recommend.
Not the cheapest - but a far better system in the long run (I went for micro inverters - to protect myself from any single point of failure and the be ready for batteries when the economics make sense)

Installation was excellent - worked around my needs and made no mess. Turned up on time - they had the run of the house even while I was out. No problems at all.
If you do not use the power when it is produced you lose it to the grid for a small amount of compensation. I use a hybrid system using solar tubes for hot water and solar panels for electricity. The solar tubes are excellent generating hot water for most of the year, storage is obviously included. However I would assume that if you used your solar panels to heat the water and had the hot water cylinder on a time switch, your wastage back to the grid would be negligible. The solar tubes produce the equivalent of 1.5kwh. The feed in meter gives you the total of unused power fed into the grid from the panels, and the charged power taken from the grid. Which is basically everything you need to know. Power production on a dull day is negligible, hot water production is less affected. Show additional information
Devonport Electrical representative who made first contact was Nigel Charlesworth - actually well know to me through his family - was a credit to his trade. Fantastic to deal with and very knowledgeable about all things solar.

Tradies who installed system were top class, very experienced, operators and did an absolutely outstanding job - panels perfectly aligned, cabling neat and tidy, installation in meter box looks like it grew there !!! Congratulations on a job well done.

I have since recommended Devonport Electrical to a number of friends and associates and could not speak highly enough of their overall performance. While possibly not the cheapest, I found their costing very competitive and the quality of job was worth the few extra dollars that it may have cost.
We chose an Enphase micro system, as it is more or less future prove - to a certain extent. The supplier explained everything very thoroughly. This system makes it easy to add storage once it becomes available in 2016. We'll need storage in order to make the investment pay and to get full benefits from the installation. It will bring the cost of the full installation to about $15.000 or close, but it should mean that we will almost wipe our electricity bill apart from the 3 winter months. Currently we import too much back into the grid, which is uneconomical with an import tariff of only 6cents. Show additional information
NIGEL MADE SURE I FULLY UNDERSTOOD ALL ASPECTS OF THE SYSTEM AND INSTALLATION WHICH BEING AN OLDER PERSON WAS IMPORTANT.
I WOULD BE HAPPY TO RETURN TO DEVENPORT ELECTRICAL FOR OTHER SERVICES .
Satisfied with sales person and immediate installation to meet my request Show additional information
The professionalism of the sales person with follow up & information provided was first class & explained in simple terms. Show additional information
System is 5.5 kW.

Thank you for the availability of your site to get knowledge and an idea of costs via multiple quotes.
The selection of the solar supplier was based on positive feed back from friends who have used this supplier. Show additional information
Very good company to deal with, very honest and trustworthy. Furnished all the appropriate info, questions are answered promptly and factually. Made it very easy to come to a decision based on the right information. Would recommended Devonport Electrical. Show additional information