East Coast Energy Solutions Pty Ltd

East Coast Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews

4.4

Based on 27 ratings  - Aus Ranking

East Coast Energy Solutions are local electrical contractors, specialising in renewable energy. With over 10 years of experience in the solar industry you can be sure we can find a solution to suit your energy needs.

What East Coast Energy Solutions offers:

• Certified Silver Master Electricians, REC Solar Professional, Fronius Service Partner & Tesla Certified Installer.

• Grid-Connect, Hybrid & Off-Grid certified installers.

• We don’t use sub-contractors. All installers are long term in-house trained employees.

• Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.

• Talk to our sales consultant about Green loans – the secret behind zero cost Solar.

• As Electrical contractors and Master Electricians, we can also assist you with general electrical work & air-conditioning installations.

• 10 Year Warranty on the installation of your system.

Reviewers report paying: $4,300 - $7,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

East Coast Energy Solutions Pty Ltd Reviews (27)

Original Review on 24-07-2020:

Excellent solar installation experience

East Coast Energy Solutions made the entire process from initial enquiry to actualisation simple, informative and with no obligation to commit.
Chris and his entire team were happy to provide answers to our questions, provide location specific guidance and advice, and completed the project quickly with a minimum of fuss and maximum professionalism.
I'd recommend East Coast Energy Solutions without reservation to anyone interested in solar in North Queensland.

Follow Up Review on 25-03-2021:

Our system has already halved our power bills with minimal changes to our usage. We should have installed a system years ago!
Hide Mark's Comment

Longi Solar

Akasol

Battery Brand

Beautiful installer

Happy with the quote,service was good east coast did good job
Hide Nelson's Comment

Suntech

Original Review on 17-04-2020:

good installation

Very happy with this company so far. Arrived on site as promised.experanced young installers who did a good job in trying conditions site was left clean and tidy.

Follow Up Review on 09-03-2021:

Yes I’m very pleased with my system. Had one slight problem and contacted our installer East Coast and the problem was rectified with a phone call.very happy with the system and the after sales service.
Hide Bryan's Comment

Longi Solar

Excellent Installation

Corey and Ricky did a fantastic job on our solar system under extreme conditions they certainly know there solar installation it’s a credit to the boys!
Hide Greg's Comment

Original Review on 02-06-2020:

Great system for a good price

Quick efficient order, a few hiccups with communication but answered all queries I had with no hassle.

Follow Up Review on 03-02-2021:

One year in, the system is still performing amazingly! It has lived up to its reputation in all the forums
Hide Joey's Comment

Honest and reliable

The quoting was efficient and fast, the installation was scheduled to fit my requirements of getting my roof cleaned and painted first.
The installers were polite, efficient, tidy and on time and did an excellent job installing the panels on my roof to make the visual aspect pleasing to the eye and avoiding skylights etc....
Hide Daniel's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Seamless process and Beautiful Installation

The team at East Coast Energy Solutions installed a 13.32kw system at our place in Cairns North Queensland. The whole process was very seamless from the initial quote through to installation. They took care of everything behind the scenes and were always happy to answer any question or query we had. The workmanship of the installation was first class. Excellent job! Would definitely recommend to others.
Hide Stewart's Comment

Inverter Brand

Add this company to your quote requests.

I found East Coast Energy solutions range of systems quoted and matter of fact technical advice allowed me to chose the one which best suited my needs in terms of size, location practicality, value for money and future servicing.

Installation was completed within a week of my quote acceptance and all formalities with the electrical authority were handled without the need for my further input.
Hide Ian's Comment

5kW

Good Job East coast Energy system

Sales, didn't force me to buy anything. One clean information. Installation was prompt and on time, and tidy.
Customer service was good but they didn't give me a call after installation (how things are going). In general I will recommend the company.

Hide NATARAJAN Raj's Comment

Listened to customer requirements

Installation, mounting rails left longer I.e. past edge of panels. Roof space electrical is messy. Otherwise good.
Hide Peter's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good quality installation from first interaction to installation

Jon from East Coast contacted me within 24 hours of the initial request. Clear communication. Offered a number of options. Can for a site visit and was not a pushy sales person. Installation was completed seamlessly and without drama in one day. System working well. End to end service delivery. We just had to pay the invoice.
Hide Caroline's Comment

Professional installer

Excellent customer service and fast installation. Also reasonable price for good quality system
Hide Tony's Comment

Great installers

Good service and tidy installation, very prompt and friendly, to early to tell the outcome.
Hide Noel's Comment

Fantastic service

Everything from this company went smoothly. Quotations, follow ups, install dates, installation all are spot on. The installation crew We’re especially helpful explaining the system to me and getting 32 panels up on the roof with rain showers all day proved frustrating but they got it done!

They have organised the upgrade of the meter and I didn’t really do anything except sign for it. 100% happy I went with east coast energy I will recommend them to everyone. Thanks guys
Hide Rod's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service, prompt and very neat installation

It took almost a week to get the initial quote through but from then on they were very responsive to my emails and customer service was excellent. They took care of everything, including removal of the 12y old 2.5kW system (dead inverter).

All of the reviews of East Coast Energy that I read said service was excellent, particularly installation. I have to agree with everyone, they installation crew were great. Installation was booked for a Monday but I got a call from them on the Friday before to say they'd finished another job early and would it be ok to come Friday afternoon and make a start. They were due to start at 8am on Monday. I left with the aim of being there 10 mins early to meet them when they arrived, but 2 mins from home I got a call to say they were there and was it ok to start. Better than on-time! The installation was neat as a pin.

NBN hadn't been reconnected when they did the install, but when I called a few days later after it was on, they came around within an hour to commission the Smart Meter and upgrade the inverter firmware.

I got two quotes for comparable 10.5kW systems and Eastcoast was quite a lot cheaper. Both quotes were for the same 8kW (SG8K-D) Sungrow grid connect inverter, Sungrow Smart Meter and a hot water timer. Eastcoast quoted 32 Seraphim Blade half-cut mono PERC 330w panels (10.56kW) and the other quote was for 30 LONGi 350W (10.50kW). Eastcoast were 25% cheaper. After a few hours on Google comparing the Seraphim and LONGi panels, and reviews of both companies, I couldn't see any reason not to save 25% and I went with East Coast Energy Solutions.

It's been just under a month (27 days), but so far, so good, with a yield of 901.7kWh (33.39kWh/day). That's a little under the estimated 38kWh/day (other quote estimated 36kWh/day) for June, but we've had a bit of rain and overcast days. The last 4 days had a yield over 40kWh/day. I don't have much North facing roof, so the system is split roughly 50/50 East/West. (A little more on the West side, to grab the afternoon sun).

So far I'm very happy with the system and I have no hesitation in recommending East Coast Energy Solutions.

Hide David's Comment

Inverter Brand

Prompt, friendly and very professional installation.

East Coast Energy gave me a prompt very reasonable quote. The installation was carried out very quickly after I gave them the go ahead, the installers were polite and friendly and they performed a very professional and tidy looking installation. Customer service was great and they arranged Ergon to do the grid connection. Unfortunately the system was fitted a month ago and Ergon only came out and performed the meter upgrade and Grid connection today. I have only rated value for money and quality of system midway, due to the fact the connection was only completed today. The only small issue I have is the installers talked me into having the Tarif box removed that the A/C's were hooked too and I am not sure yet whether this was a wise decision or not yet.
Hide Mark's Comment

Inverter Brand

System to suit our house.

East Coast didn't contact me promptly and in those 2 weeks, we had almost signed with another company who had sent a rep. for a site visit before providing a quote. However once in contact, East Coast did explore our needs thoroughly and made suggestions. We were advised of installation date well in advance and installers arrived promptly and worked efficiently. The proposed layout was not suitable and so the electrician/installer devised an excellent layout which suited our curved roof and property standard - he was proud of his work! All the paperwork has been dealt with by East Coast and Ergon will attend to the meter box in a few days. The system is operating well and we are very happy with our purchase.
Hide Bruce's Comment

Happy with Local solar installer

Good customer service, ready and happy to talk through all options to determine the best option for our circumstances.
Hide Rhegan's Comment

Fantastic installers

Higher end quality product for a good price, installers were great guys.
Hide Pauline's Comment

Range of options

A bit slower off the mark than the other companies with getting to us for quoting but nice person and we didn’t feel pressured. Company was happy to mix and match product and pricing offering several quotes at our request. Probably should have asked a few more questions about installation as bought larger system with 2 inverters and apparently one just pumps power to the grid all the time and it’s probably the one should have been house connected due to western side and producing powers later into afternoon when higher energy use in the household with air conditioning. Very young installation team who were nice and professional enough but didn’t really explain much about inverter setup or reading the data. All up happy but still have some questions about metering which I am currently waiting on the power company to connect up so I can see if that’s the problem with the smart meter showing as having a problem. I’m sure the company will be happy enough to answer my questions
Hide Lee's Comment

8kW

Went according to plan.

Sales person gave us a couple of options with pros and cons of both. Did all the paper work for us. Put it up earlier than we thought they would.
Hide Michael's Comment

2/5

7kW

Inverter Brand

Have a lot of tickets for installation

Initially responded quickly. Happy to explain how things work and such. Did so in a non-judgmental / spoken down to way.
Needed some prompting to email things they said they were going to. Have the wrong bsb on quote. Sent the owner emails that he never acknowledged - e.g. "your bsb is incorrect on your quote, just letting you know" "please find attached the receipt for payment for the system" or a thank you, which would have been nice.
The installers from the company were LOVELY. Can't stress this enough, prompt and tried to help out as much as they could. Needed to come back the next day to install the panels as 2 people hadn't installed a 10.71kw system on their own. Felt for them being on the roof in the heat! The install went well, the Fronius system had some wifi issues but the guys sorted it out.
Hide Mel's Comment

More than 6kW

Jinko Solar

Original Review on 08-02-2019:

Follow Up Review on 10-10-2019:

So far so good has definitely saved a heap already. My quarter bill use to be about 700. Last quarter was 140 dollars so yes I am pleased that I have solar.
Hide Russell's Comment

N/A

Inverter Brand

System to be installed 16/09/2019. Customer medical issue delayed installation.

Happy with sales/quoting process. As stated installation still to happen. Other considered company representative was extremely rude and was ruled out on that basis.
Hide Gary's Comment

$3,000 to $6,000

Cost

We bought two 6kw solar system. One for our farm and the other for our investment property in Atherton. We are happy with East Coast Energy Solution people as they have been very helpful throughout the installation process.
Hide Eleanor's Comment

More than 6kW

Cost

Chris at East Coast Energy Solutions was very prompt with providing a quote and provided excellent service throughout the whole installation. He has since been around again and commissioned wifi monitoring of the inverters for us. All in all a great experience and very speedy response with quote and installation.
Hide Greg's Comment