• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Green Sun Solar Reviews

About Green Sun Solar, Solar Installers

Green Sun Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Perth and serves WA. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Green Sun Solar Solar Reviews

The only positive in this was the salesman seemed to have plenty of knowledge about the solar power systems and was able to answer my questions with more detail than anyone else who had come around to quote. We agreed to go with this company Green Sun Solar and buy a 5kw system using 20 Jinko panels and a SMA inverter. One week Prior to the Installation I received a call to say the SMA was unavailable as they had only received a shipment of Fronius Inverters and that they were more expensive but I could have one for the same price as the SMA. I had to take his word on that and said to go ahead with the job. They sent a copy of the contract and the proposed solar panel placement showing 24 panels fitting neatly on the roof.
The installers were extremely noisy and sang (very badly) the whole time. They installed 20 panels on the roof however, a double row at the front of the house did not fit so they just hung them out over the edge of the roof completely covered the gutters. There is also a PVC air vent that runs up the side of the house from the ensuite an juts up above the guttering with a cap on top, this was in the way so it was hacksawed off to allow the solar panel to fit partially over the top.
Before I realised how bad this installation was they sent me an invoice wanting payment within five days and I, as I now know, foolishly payed them. The first weekend after this it rained and of course the water poured off the panels which were partly over the lawn, where it dug a trench, partly over the brick paving, where it made a racket all night and water poured into the open air vent and into the ensuite.
I complained to Green Sun Solar who referred me to the installer. He said there was nothing wrong with the job, that it had been done according to council regulations and even quoted a regulation number. I checked with the council and there is no regulation. He said he Ok’d it with someone in the house as I was not there. He did not. He then said he would come and take the bottom row of panels off and leave it like that. Eventually he agreed to meet me at home at 4.00pm one day to discuss the problem. This meant I had to leave work early work early to get there on time, but he did not turn up. I phoned him and got no answer, I left a message but the call was not returned. It is clear this company has had no intention of correcting this problem which now leaves us with the cost of modifying gutters and the air vent.
Very competitive price and great communication by phone and email when discussing quotes
Installation in Bunbury was not a problem
All rebates/western power permits/meter changover all handled by them
Installers were prompt, informative, friendly and very accommodating
Good quality gear used in the installation throughout
All work was very neat and tidy
Great final handover of equipment information and set up of wifi ect
Very happy customer, thanks to Paul and Sean
The staff very good n informative. Neat clean work no residual mess to clean up. Very professional too. Payments and money not on their mind. Were flexible with options at time of payment (i paid in full of course).
Wifi link very good and can monitor from anywhere.
I chose the Solaredge with pv optimiser option with the Bisun glass panels
Short installation waiting time compared to other times quoted. No problems with system which has been in operation for a month and working well. Flexible, friendly customer service. Show additional information