Linked Solar

Linked Solar Reviews

Linked Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Greensborough and serves VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Linked Solar Reviews (76)

Very happy, Jan.

Great service and advice, including a realistic on-site appraisal by Linked Solar of how much money we will / won't save with solar. Our roof is overshadowed so there was a limit on how much we should spend to avoid over-capitalising. Rebates don't really help much with lowering the cost.
Christian was very helpful while we sorted through all the information, new products and cost options.
His installation team was very professional and even painted the roof racks black so they don't stand out on the dark roof. Fantastic.
Very happy that we were not asked to pay anything until installation was complete - one of the winning factors.

Outstanding experience - highly recommend

The entire experience dealing with Christian of LinkedSolar has been an absolute pleasure.

Him and his team did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it.

His wasn't the cheapest of quotes - but paying a little extra, I got the better quality Fronius inverter and the 20 Year Warranty Panels.

I had a chat with the inspector post-installation, who walked me through all of the little 'extra care' things that Christian and his team do that are over and above (& cost them) but we as consumers probably wouldn't even notice in order to do the job right the first time.

After doing thorough research before hand and hearing of all the horror stories that abound, super glad that this story was the exact opposite.

Outstanding experience all round.

Glad I waited to eventually find a good installer/company to work with. Would definitely use again and recommend.

Glad I waited and went through such a long process to eventually find a good installer who was prepared to do a site visit. Used some intelligence to come up with the best installation option for me that no one else had looked at. My site was not the best for installation due to shading but the option to install as big a system as possible on the garage instead of the house was a terrific suggestion. Cosmetically better as well.

I was happy to spend extra for a better quality/more efficient system given I had space only for 4.81kw system and I believe it was a good choice in the longer term. Even just going to a better looking panel was a good choice as well. It even beat the wife test!

Really nice install and finish. Everything was neat and the team were pleasant to deal with.

The price overall was well within expectations which suggests to me that Christian (the owner) is running a tight. well run company. Deserves to succeed in a market that has got quite a few dubious players.

Nice work,

Matt

Excellent from start to finish

High quality effective and efficient team who professionally addressed our every need. Of the four installers we compared they were the standout on all categories. Would thoroughly recommend.

Reliable, competent and professional

Easy onsite quote process, unlike others who just provide over the phone quotes using satellite photos. Quote very competitive on a like for like basis using the same specs with two other providers. Installation was smooth, tidied up site afterwards and regular check ups following installation to ensure connection was complete. No stars yet re system because it has only just been installed.

Professional and Hands-on Business Owner

This review is done 2 months after Linked Solar has installed my PV.
Business owner Christian Traeger was able to quote only after a survey of my home and getting my requirements in person. He was very knowledgeable and gave me a good layout design of the panels. I was surprised he turned up together with his team of 6 blokes to install my 13.32kW system with optimiser. They were punctual, tidy and seemed to enjoy the work. All paper work was done and inspection organised within a week of installation. After monitoring the system via mySolarEdge app for several weeks, I realised that the export and import figures were way off compared to the AGL app. I contacted Christian and he personally came by to check the system and found no issues with the hardware installation. But a day after, he called me to say that the issue was fixed after re-configuring the SolarEdge meter remotely. Yes, now the figures are accurate enough. So far, its solar production is as expected from the estimated output in the quote. I would not hesitate to recommend Linked Solar to anyone.

Inspired Confidence

The quoting process was straightforward and guidance through the rebate application process was clear. Max and the team that did the installation were on time and operated safely with appropriate fall protection. The installation was quick despite the challenges of a steep pitched roof and there was no mess left afterwards. Every contact with the office was stress free and inspired confidence that the job would be done properly.

Highly recommend!

The process was well handled by the team. They were able to handle all of my administration needs with ease. The team were always very personable. I was amazed at the amount of paperwork that they had to process and am thankful that they did all of the work for me. I was always consulted regarding my needs and any need to think of changes to the plans.

Highly recommend LinkedSolar.

Very happy that I chose LinkedSolar for my installation. Prompt reply to my call, and site visit to discuss, advise and quote was routine, I didn’t have to request this. Christian Traeger - an accredited solar designer as well as installer - listened to what I wanted but also gave advice, I didn’t feel like I was being sold an off the shelf standard system. His company uses their own staff - a great team - work is not subcontracted out. Installation proceeded to timetable apart from a short delay due to COVID lockdown when they were unable to work. Install went to time, independent inspection was a couple of days later and system was commissioned and operating very quickly. Followup service or response to any queries freely offered. Would highly recommend.

Very happy with Linked Solar

Christian and his team were friendly, prompt and professional with their quoting and installation process. Can happily recommend, we are very pleased with the result!

Great service! Very professional

From day one, the guys at Linked Solar were very punctual and attentive. They made the installation process and organising the grid connection after the install a breeze. Would definitely recommend Linked Solar!

Great customer service and Highly professional installation

Christian from Linked Solar provided prompt, competitive quotes on two different systems I was interested in. He was the only installer (out of five that were requested to quote) who made the effort to come out and do an onsite inspection, during which time he correctly identified that we have 3 phase power in our home, despite us being informed by our energy provider that we only have single phase.

Christian and his office staff have been so wonderful during the whole process from quoting to completion of the solar installation, constantly keeping us up to date with the various stages, including contact with Solar Vic, our energy retailer and wholesaler, and the final job inspection.
The installers were punctual, polite and did a great clean up job, not forgetting the Fantastic looking solar panel installation which was regularly checked/supervised by Christian. When the job was completed, Christian initiated the set up of the app-based monitoring portal with Fronius and emailed me the link to activate and complete the registration process for the inverter. It was all so seamless and greatly appreciated.
Overall, Christian and the whole team at Linked Solar have been a very professional outfit and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering solar.

Linked Solar gave us a clear quote, explained exactly what was involved and the whole 28 panels were installed seamlessly in one day. The company sorted out the RECs and the inspection and notified the power retailer. Nothing more to do. Great job!

Solar panel installation

Out of 5 quotes Linked Solar we’re the only company to come on site to inspect the job.

The installation experience was seamless. The crew were friendly & respectful, punctual & absolutely no mess or rubbish was left behind.

The customer service was exceptional. I was given an order of work & it all happened in a timely manner including lodging paperwork & ensuring I had all the documentation for my reference after the job was done & setting up the App connected to the inverter.

I Highly recommend Linked Solar

Very positive experience from start to finish

I was regularly informed and kept in the loop of progress with my installation with Linked Solar, beginning with the initial appointment to obtain a quote, up until the install was certified and turned on. All my questions and concerns were addressed in a professional and timely manner.

All appointments were kept and the installation team were professional at all times. Would highly recommend Linked Solar to others.

Great company to get your Solar from. Very professional outfit. AAA+

A great company to get your Solar solution from. A common sense approach and great Customer Service. After the install I was generating electricity within a couple of days. Kept us informed of progress and explained all the features. They turned up when they said they would and completed our installation within a day. Definitely, will recommend them to anyone I know wanting a Solar solution. AAA+

Excellent provider, made the whole process very simple

From start to finish Linked Solar has been fantastic to deal with. They worked with our budget, had excellent communication so that the whole process felt smooth and easy, and happily answered our millions of questions along the way. Installers were punctual and lovely, and the director of the company was here for installation, which we appreciated. Was also reassuring to hear from the independent inspector who came after installation that 'these guys always do good work'. Would highly recommend!

Professional service

Despite the inclement weather, the installer re-arranged schedules to fit my own calendar. They were also rersponsive to my queries about the system and its performance in winter. Overall, I was pleased with the service.

Installation is not finished yet.

Linked Solar were very professional in the sales and quoting process.
Installation has not finished yet.

Fantastic Customer Service and Installation

From the first contact via email to the final email after electrical inspection I could not have been happier. Christian from Linked Solar was always prompt with replies and information, extremely helpful and kept me informed of every process. No question seemed too hard and helped make my decision easier. Even when we decided on extra panels (twice!), once the day before installation, there was no issues. The installers, Max and Jack, were punctual, very polite and cleaned up perfectly. They worked through horrible weather without any issues. Christian has organised the grid connection for us and just waiting for that to be finalised. We are very happy; seeing reduction in electricity costs literally before our eyes on the Solar Edge App. Would have no hesitation recommending Linked solar to anyone.

Great customer service and explained everything thoroughly.

Sales/quoting - professional
Installation - on time and cleaned up everything
Customer service - professional

Fantastic supplier

Christian and the Linked Solar team were outstanding. From the first time he arrived on site to provide a quote through to installation the team were professional, friendly and supportive - no question was too simple to ask and everything was explained in an easy to understand way - thanks Linked Solar!

A very smooth process

Christian was very easy to deal with - professional, helpful, really knew his stuff and was able to explain the euqipment and the process. I'm glad I went with an installer who's an electrician and uses his own team for the installation.
On the day, the installation team arrived right on time, the job was done very efficiently and they cleaned up after themselves - it was actually hard to tell they'd been there at all! There were no errors or dramas with the installation - it all went very smoothly. The installation itself was really neat - all the wiring was hidden (no ugly conduits!), the inverter was placed right where I wanted it (something another installation company wanted to charge me $200 more for...), the panels themselves were neatly and appropriately installed.
Afterwards, Christian was equally helpful in commissioning the system and dealing with all the paperwork with the various electicity suppliers, wholesalers, regulators, solar rebates etc. This aspect was particularly seamless and, in concert with his team's efficient installlation on the day, made the whole process of 'going solar' far more straightforward than I expected! Well done Linked Solar!

Fantastic Service, easy to deal with, and the installers were wonderful

Everything went as smoothly as I had hoped, with the quoting process and discussion on options kept simple, as well as allowing for discussion of a couple of different options.
The installation though was where things really shined, with the 2 installers wonderful, courteous, and did an absolutely supreme and clean job. I was concerned about conduit being run everywhere, or cables being exposed, and the work done to make a tidy install was impressive.
The post installation follow-up was excellent, explaining all the steps needed to get the panels and inverter installed, the electrical work completed, the certification, and further steps with the retail and wholesale electricity provider. Made it all very clean and simple.
Overall very pleased with the process and the quality of the solution.

Linked Solar were Fantastic!

Christian promptly contacted us after submitting our requests for quotes. He was honest, clear in his communication and gave us the best price. On the day, the team were friendly, professional and efficient. Would highly recommend!!!

Great local installer!!

The service we've received from Christian & Jo from Linked Solar has been first class from beginning to end. No hard sales tactics so the quoting process was stress free. Installation was quick and painless and the tradespeople were very professional. Excellent customer service through-out the journey and I would highly recommend Linked Solar to anyone considering installing solar. Thanks again guys!!

Linked Solar - highly recommended - great company

Out of the 3 quote I had Linked Solar was more expensive. I have spoken directly to the owner of the business who was knowledgeable about the process, pricing and the industry.
I chose this company because of the great review they got.
Excellent small business who clearly were keen to make sure we were happy.
Very Professional, punctual and tidy.

Original Review on 06-07-2020:

On-time, on-budget and professional

I met with Christian to discuss options. He was punctual, polite and easy to deal with.

The rest of the installation process flowed on smoothly, without hiccups. In the few weeks I've had the system, it has generated roughly what we estimated it ought to.

The installation quality was great, with all system components being neatly placed and nicely finished off. This included some adjustments during installation to ensure the rails were cleanly aligned with the panel positions, and covers for the various junction boxes. Added bonus was the polite and clean installation team, that got the job completed with a minimum of fuss.

8 months later we asked Philip: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. The 5kWh system is not sufficient to push us into any real credit on the power bill, but it has reduced the amount of power we use by over 50%.

Extremely happy with installer choice

Christian and his team at Linked Solar were brilliant. The install was done to a very high standard with no shortcuts.
It was great to deal with Christian (business owner) rather than a salesperson. He gave great advice regarding design and product choice and followed up after the install to check if I was happy and had any questions.
The team were very tidy and I had all my paperwork finalised a few days after the install.
My system is humming and I am very happy.
Thanks Christian & team

Have not had installation yet but very easy to deal with and answered all my questions. My neighbours were very happy with linked solar

Qoute very easy and straightforward. Have not had installation yet

Professional Service

Linked Solar was happy to answer any and all questions that gave me confidence in choosing them. There quote was competitive and fair for a quality system. Due to COVID my solar will be installed in December. Based on my contact with Christian l am sure he will do a great job. I have already recommenced Linked Solar to friends.

Great Installation

Would highly recommend Linked Solar. Christian was fantastic on the sales/quoting. Was the only one that spent the time and effort to attend site and discuss our needs.

Their installation team were fantastic, very neat and polite. Overall, a a great install experience.

Any follow up questions were prompt in reply.

GREAT Job

Job was done as quoted and cleaned up afterwards. I had great help organising the Paperwork and connection. So far I'm satisfied with the job.

Linked Solar - highly recommended - great company

Christian and his team were fantastic - from the initial quote, to his follow up with best system set up and suggestions, product knowledge, absolute transparency in the services to be provided I would not go anywhere else - no hard sell in any way. Having obtained proposals from other suppliers and whilst price is a factor, the genuine approach by Christian is second to none. Always prompt with responses, all questions answered and everything that promised was delivered. Assistance with the rebates was welcomed and nothing was ever too hard. There may be "cheaper" suppliers out there, but care needs to be taken.

Installation day was a breeze - the team arrived as promised and on time (even a tad earlier!). Christian was part of this team - it is comforting when the owner of the business works on site. Absolute quality outfit with all the guys each working on their own piece of the installation to bring it together. Polite, professional and experienced - neatly installed, all rubbish was taken away and they even went down to the detail to make sure no screws were left in the driveway. It is only day two since its been operation install and everything is working just fine and we are enjoying watching the solar input through the app suggested for our system.

Everything about my experience with LinkedSolar was positive

Great company to deal with.
- Excellent small business who clearly were keen to make sure we were happy. It never felt overly “salesy” compared with other companies.
- visited our house and provided lots of info and the cheapest quote on quality products
- guided me through the vic solar process for rebates.
- the installers were lovely, professional and fast: 20 panel system installed by 3pm same day and left the place clean and spotless.

Highly recommended

Original Review on 21-10-2019:

I have got what I bargained for, so far

During the quoting process I felt I was dealing with 'the man' rather than a sales organization. Christian initially quoted me on a Solaredge system that has had reliability issues, particularly in the tropics (a bit like Takata airbags) which did not initially inspire me with confidence, although in his defence, it is a still a widely recommended and deployed system in temperate areas where I live. I was sufficiently impressed with him to give him another chance to quote on other products, over which we discussed and negotiated at length by email, and came out with what I thought was a very fair deal on products I did have confidence in.

The installation was a no fuss and workmanlike affair that took just under a day. Christian suggested some improvements in panel placement, which I accepted. The job was tidied up and and the inverter brought into operation and its features, controls and apps downloaded, installed and explained.

We are now at the stage of getting compliance certification in order to join the grid. Christian has been answered all my email questions promptly and he will organize the processes necessary to fully operationalize the system.

As far as I am concerned, this is very early days. I will not fully know how good the deal, workmanship and service has been until some time down stream. The test of a good product and service 'pudding' is in the eating of it over time, particularly if anything goes wrong, when there is no money in it for the contractor dealing with a backend warranty hassle. If that bit is handled well, that is when the five stars get handed out, because when the chips are down, that is what separates excellent from ordinary.

My assessment of Christian is that he very likely will deliver on downstream obligations.

If my experience over the warranty period with Christian Traeger is as good as its beginning, not only will he get his five stars, but my future business.

9 months later we asked Christopher: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Excellent Customer Service, Product knowledge, and design detail

Very Professional, punctual, knowledgeable, tidy, and great value for money.

Very Professional Installation

The interaction with the installer was easy and painless.
The workmen on the day were pleasant and worked very safely.
Wiring was hidden in the wall and cannot fault the installation.
All paper work was made easy and interaction with the electricity supplier worked so well.
All configuration of the inverter onto my wireless network and setup of the monitoring website was completed.
Very happy with Linked Solar

Great service and highly recommended

Linked Solar's team was very professional, showed great attention to detail and delivered what they promised. Polite, tidy and helpful throughout. Careful to work around a heritage house.
Not the cheapest quote, but quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.
A great job.

Great service and professional from beginning to end

They did all the paperwork, they were punctual, friendly and cleaned up afterwards.

Fantastic Service - helpful and prompt

Christian from Linked Solar was on the ball right from the start.

He always did what he said he'd do, when he said he'd do it.

Was very patient and answered all our questions - nothing was too much trouble.

The installation went ahead on the day as scheduled, and workmanship was top quality.

A very easy and simple process from start to finish.

Would highly recommend Christian and his team at Linked Solar.

Would recommend linked solar

The whole process with Linked solar was smooth and very efficient. Christain come out to my house within a day of making enquiry. Very fair quote and discount given for multiple units installing solar panels.
Christain and his team were always punctual. Left zero mess after installation and even took down my Christmas lights at my request without any hesitation.
Very easy to communicate with and was always able to answer my questions.
I have have already referred Linked solar to friends and woukd do so again.

Well priced panels and labour. Local qualified electricians doing the install.

I was nervous about choosing a solar install company because my network of trades didn't know of any good, reliable solar installers. I used Solarquotes and they provided me with 3 installers.

Out of the 3, Linked Solar seemed to be the best priced and I spoke directly to the owner of the business who was knowledgeable about the process, pricing and the industry.

Quoting process was on point - efficient in emailing quotes and setting realistic install times.
Quote amount was on point - based on my research I felt like I good really good value for money.
Service quality - I am normally very sensitive to shitty service. I have worked in the service industry for over 10 years and I myself have come to expect good service. That is, realistic expectations, no attitude, answering questions that seem stupid and delivering on what is promised. I have nothing to complain about Linked Solar. Honestly, this is the best service I have received in a long time.
Install experience - The weather forecast wasn't great. The installers all arrived on time at 7:30am. I was impressed as normally there are 1 or 2 blokes lagging behind. All of the installers were experienced and knew exactly what they were doing and how they were going to do it. As usual, there were hurdles encountered and everyone just adapted to the situation. No fuss at all. Not only was the install smoothly run but they also provided all materials on site and cleaned up everything after and didn't load up my recycling bin.
Post install experience - inspector arrived soon after and then they organised everything with the distributor and retailer. Very clear instructions over email if I needed to do anything.

In short, you pay for what you get. But sometimes you pay a fair price for top service. I got lucky with finding these blokes. 100% would recommend them to my friends and family based on my install experience.

Original Review on 01-10-2019:

Friendly and helpful installer - looked after all the dirty work for us.

Christian was helpful all the way through and did all the grunt work for us. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - produces really well no issues

Excellent service

We were very happy with the service we received from Linked Solar. The installation team was polite, efficient and well organised. The price was as expected - no nasty surprises. The owner was very co-operative and able to accommodate all of our requests, including a new outlet for charging our electric vehicle. There was a little confusion at the completion about who did what with regard to informing the retailer. We are still waiting for connection to the grid but were informed it could take 20 business days. (So far it is 10 business day - Easter in the middle!) We are really enjoying watching the system app and maximizing our solar usage, and minimizing the power we have to buy from the grid. We woulod highly recommend Linked Solar.

Why choose linked solar

Very much to time, kept me well informed and good follow up after install. Certainly not the cheapest but I felt comfortable with this organisation

Original Review on 30-06-2019:

8 months later we asked Alex: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System generation has aligned with the original performance estimate.

Highly recommended professional contractor

Super efficient and professional. Christian was great to deal with throughout the entire process. Kept us informed at every stage. Turned up when he said he would. Neat clean hassle free installation. Cleaned up. Answered all our questions/emails. Highly recommended!!!

Great Price and Clean Install

Christian provided the best price for Tier 1 components. His blokes did an incredibly clean job installing (both panels and inverter) and consulted regularly with myself during installation to make sure I was happy. Christian's after-sales support has also been fantastic (monitoring and ensuring the system is running effectively).

Fully professional installer

Entire process from end to end was superb. Christian and his team are true professionals and take pride in their work! Highly recommended