SEM Solar Reviews

About SEM Solar, Solar Installers

SEM Solar
Gold Partner
SEM Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 77 630 269 206  ABN active since 27 Nov 2018 | Future Em Pty Ltd
ACN: 630 269 206  ACN active since 27 Nov 2018 | Future Em Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
WA: EC 010482 Future Em Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $5,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

From humble beginnings, (Spectrum EM) started as a father & son business many years ago with a key focus on all aspects of future energy management.

Our rapid growth in solar demanded a transition to PTY LTD.  We made this step in November 2018, defining the brand as (SEM Solar).

A brand built and run by industry trades.
We select the equipment to best reflect our level of service, with a close relationship to Fronius as one of their Authorised Service Partners.

It’s not a game of “buy’n’sell” for us…
We hold our in-house electrical contracting license, as well as both solar & storage accreditation. This means we install the systems we design, no outsourced contractors. This model creates a focus on accountability with a direct line of contact for our clients.

As a Clean Energy Council Installer & Smart Energy Council Member, we take pride in our craft.

Ensure you have the right team behind you, to Empower Your Future.

SEM Solar Solar Reviews

Proffessional team and fully qualified in regards to technical knowledge and leading edge design. We are really happy with product and service

Lloyd took the time to explain everything in detail regarding our installation and how it worked. SEM Solar look after thier customers and we are glad we chose them for this reason! Keep up the great work Show additional information

Great installer, great work

I chose SEM Solar for my 5/6.6kW rooftop solar install.

Lloyd really knows solar. He was happy to answers all my superstitions and really took the time to work through options and some of my own crazy ideas.

I really like the fact that you deal with the guy who's actually doing the install, no with a salesman.

The quote process was really easy and the installation itself was top notch, done on time with no fuss. I was making electricity within a week of accepting the quote!

Lloyd is a great guy to do business with. I would highly recommend SEM Solar.

Fantastic Service and Installation

SEM Solar was honest and prompt in quoting.
Then installation was booked and the installers were on time and did a fantastic job.
The service was great before, during and after installation.

Service and quality

After a cyber parade of unhelpful, less than credible salespeople I was starting to despair I’d ever get solar.
Then, fortunately, I approached Lloyd. Immediate credibility - such a breath of fresh air. He was very attentive in matching his design to our (difficult install) requirements, including through an on-site inspection prior to quote.
The resulting system was not cheap, but neither was it overly expensive (payback will be 4.5 years).
The on-the-day install was fantastic, despite the challenges of our cathedral ceiling roof (a saga in itself).
Resulting system performance has been excellent for the past two months.
Great design and install. Great service mentality. 5 stars ????

A top job

I used Solar quotes to get a choice of locally endorsed companies that could perform a quality job to reduce the chances of scoring a cowboy. There was cheaper stuff on the market but I having heard a few horror stories I wanted to stay clear of dodgy operators.
After many reviews, discussions and a lot of learning I gave the contract to Lloyd from SEM Solar (WA, based out of Singleton).
Lloyd knows and performs his craft extremely well, his professionalism from start to finish was nothing short of top notch (as an A grade electrician myself with many years of experience I feel qualified to perform a peer review!) Lloyd was both the salesman and the installer, ensuring I had quality products for the coastal conditions my home is subject to.
The installation was on time and the job quality was perfect, little things like cleaning the steel filings from the steel roof, cables were run with consideration to the circumstances etc.
A good man to deal with, and totally open for a call if needed to assist, my thanks to them for a quality job and good post job follow up.

Designer, installer and after sales all the same person

Lloyd was responsive, happy to answer questions and designed a system based on my requirements.
I liked the fact the salesperson also oversaw install and after sales. Dealing with the one person that takes ownership and would look after the after sales service gave me comfort I was getting the system and the service I required.

Lots of helpful advice and great service

It was hard comparing SEM to another installer. They both offered same inverter but slightly different panels and therefore pricing. SEM explained lots about the brands of panels, but kept it very obligation and pressure free.
Actual install went smoothly. They went the extra yard cleaning up my meter box wiring that previous sparkies had made a mess of. All the paperwork with the energy provider was a breeze and also getting the inverter hooked up to the wifi. Can't fault the install.

Excellent Service

Not the lowest price but the whole process was good (3ph hybrid grid-connected system): quote and advice process was attentive; follow-up with inverter manufacturer issue was persistent; and quote acceptance to installation completion was 15 days (this being expedited was much appreciated). Show additional information

Very Professional, friendly and informative

Aaron was our first contact with SEM Group and he was very polite, informative and patient while we decided on which Solar company to use. We chose SEM because of his continued help and advice on which system we would require and why it was the best for us. The installation crew were punctual, polite and helpful with any questions we had. The set up of the panels, and placement of the inverter was different to what we had initially been told, but they explained why and we were happy with that. Jack was our last contact, he signed off on everything and helped me with how the system works and also helped me with setting up the monitoring on my phone. Kerrie in accounts was always polite and helpful with any questions I had. So to sum it up, everyone from start to finish were professional and we are very happy with their service Show additional information

Deliver on what they say

SEM Group in South Australia were informative about the solar industry and delivered on what they said they would do.
If you want good honest service at a fair price talk to SEM Group.

Highly Recommend SEM Solar

Lloyd was first company to make contact. We spoke for a good 40min plus. He was very informative. Received further quotes and saw salespersons. Decided to go with Lloyd from his personal service and reviews , so glad we did. We got system in within a week (big company said min of 5 weeks wait time) so a bit part of summer would have been gone.
Lloyd’s was on time system installed perfectly and he set up everything from app on phone etc.
He takes away all rubbish and left the place spotless. From discussions his after service capabilities are amazing. Any problems in the future he will be able to analyse.
Would highly recommend SEM solar as a professional business that is well run.
Thanks Liz Joyce.

Very happy

Helpful advice and a seamless process to get the system installed. Show additional information

Great customer service

Llyod was very helpful to choose the right system for me, answered all the questions. Neat and tidy installation on time .
After 6 months of installation the fronius fan started making noise in the hottest summer days, informed him, within a week or so it's replaced!!!.
The quote was pricy when compared to others, but very happy with the service.

Exceptional service with great product

Sem Solar quoted and left me to decide. They answered my questions and gave me the system I wanted i a very timely manner. They were not the cheapest but I liked their ethics. Would and have, already recommended them to others Show additional information

Professional and knowledgeable

Excellent service. He was patient and educated us. Installation was quick and most professional. Polite and punctual team. Lloyd went beyond his duty. We would recommend Lloyd and SemSolar to anyone. Thank you Lloyd. Show additional information

Very good experience

Sem solar very easy and profession to deal with. Easy install neat and tidy finish. Great customer sevice made grid connection easy. Show additional information

Great experience from design to final commissioning of the system

I had a 5kw system installed by Lloyd. It was such a pleasure to deal with someone who was upfront & honest about a the system that would suit us. Lloyd was always a available to answer any questions. The biggest factor in choosing semsolar was that it was Lloyd installing my system & not a sales rep selling me a system & then a 3rd party coming to install it. The system was immaculately installed and the whole work area was cleaned up when they where done. I can thoroughly recommend Lloyd & his team, it was nice to deal with someone who was so thorough and clear from design to final commissioning of the system. Show additional information
The guys as SEM solar exceeded all expectations and showed a professionalism and quality of service not seen very often these days. Lloyd was beyond helpful and answered all questions in a way I could understand without sleazy sales tactics or using too much technical jargon. Highly recommend SEM solar Show additional information
I had planned to go with a large company but I am really glad I went with the small but exceptionally professional SEM Solar team. I got the most experienced electrician and installer. I also needed an electrical upgrade, (verified by other providers as well). Everything was carefully upgraded and tested first. They are very thorough! Yet it did not cost me huge amounts of money. I got great service and a very reasonable price. Show additional information
Lloyd was at all times helpful, knowledgable and there to serve Show additional information
SEM solar went above and beyond with talking to me about solar which is what I wanted to hear, other companies that I've met with only explained to me what they were offering and how much it was. Lloyd is also a guy you can count on when you have issues with your system. Fantastic service and very easy to talk to, really happy from start to finish. I would recommend this company. Show additional information
Very professional service and workmanship
Would recommend to anyone looking for solar installation
As with the other reviewers I was impressed with Lloyds attitude and the way he guided me through the whole process. I am very satisfied with the system, installation and service provided by SEM solar. The first bill recieved was a considerable reduction on the pre-solar charges! Show additional information
Lloyd & the crew at SEM Solar were fabulous - from start to finish (& beyond!), a great job all round! Show additional information
I chose SEM Solar after talking with Lloyd he knew what he was talking about and knew that I knew what I wanted and sales bs. Lloyd was very candid and professional, arrived on time for the inspection / quotation and had a wealth of excellent information about solar and how the install would go.

Lloyd did all the Electrical work, which was neat and precise. The invertor was mounted were I preferred and good heavy duty cabling was used to both the panels and meter box. All the paperwork and product registration was done by Lloyd and emailed through along with additional information on how the system works etc.

I had several followup emails to Lloyd asking various questions about getting access to the invertor through the API etc and Lloyd's post install/sale responses were timely and helpful.

The system has performed superbly since going in and is averaging 43 units a day. Looking at the month of January there were only 5 days where the system did not produce 41+ due to weather conditions.

My only complaint would be the mounting of the brackets on the roof weren't all exactly vertical this was done by the 3rd guy in the team who went home crook after doing an average job on the mounting brackets. Lloyd and his young apprentice completed the install together and Lloyd rechecked all the brackets.

SEM Solar wasnt the cheapest but I am confident they did the best job and Lloyds attention to detail is second to none. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Kudos to Lloyd and the young fellow.
I did a lot of research on Solar Systems, online as well as speaking to people who have a Solar System. I decided I wanted a good quality system rather than just the cheapest system available. I received three quotes after registering my interest with Solar Quotes. All three were excellent, no pushy sales-people and I spoke with the installers directly. I decided to go with a 5.5 KW systems rather than 6.5KW after it was explained to me that my roof space would not take the number of Panels required for a full 6.5KW system without compromising the installation. This was very different from the quotes I received from larger Companies after registering my interest on another Website. I received a number of calls from Eastern States sales-people pushing larger Systems with more Panels. I was assured they had local installers who would do the work. I decided I would rather go with a local Business and so chose SEM Solar. Lloyd at SEM Solar was great, answered all my questions and has since answered a few more even after the installation. I am able to talk to him directly whenever I have a question and it is reassuring to know that he knows my Home and my Solar System because he did the installation himself.

I am very happy with my Solar System and highly recommend SEM Solar to anyone who is looking at getting an installation.
Lloyd was very helpful and professional, the install was very well done and completed as advised, very happy with the product. Show additional information
We really loved the information given at our consultation and not from just a sales rep but from an actual person who follows and installs the job from start to finish!! Show additional information
Approachable and very professional. Show additional information
Fast clean install job well done. Show additional information
I chose SEM Solar because they could supply the system I wanted and not what the other companies wanted to sell me. Lloyd the company owner was very knowledgeable and seemed to have a true passion for solar systems in general. Lloyd gave me good advice and paid a visit to my property to assess my roof and ensure the system could be installed in the configuration I wanted. The installation was completed in the morning and slightly ahead of schedule, the system was powered up and producing 5Kw immediately. Electrical work was neat and tidy with good labelling, no mess or excess materials was left. I received good verbal instructions from Lloyd on how to reset the system should a failure occur as well as a nice brochure with literature on the Fronius inverter and LG panels which were installed. Fronius product registration was done by Lloyd and instructions sent by several emails on how to access the online Fronius Dashboard to view the system performance.

I'm very happy with the solar system and have had absolutely no issues since it was installed on 14th December 2018.
The system has been operational for 31 days now with an average production of approx 41Kw / Day (14/12/2018 to 13/01/2019), This exceeds my expectations but the weather has been pretty good here in the South of Perth area.
Great all round contractor Show additional information
Lloyd was fantastic. Install very easy. Great communication. I sent him to quote my mum after that. Show additional information
Very professional team, arrived on time, completed job on time and cleaned up.
Lloyd answered all my questions honestly and with easy explanations, follow up with more info via email or phone to avoid "data overload" on the day.
Lloyd is the salesperson and the installer so you pay for what you see which I liked. He was fantastic at explaining everything. Installation, communication and the whole process was fantastic. Honestly not the cheapest quote but the best company to install and you get what you pay for. I often choose tradespeople based on the person coming to my home and it’s never failed so far. I also felt comfortable with him and his colleagues in my home with my kids home. Winning. Show additional information
Fantastic experience . In few short words , Lloyd was very professional , with great knowledge very easy talk to, and great technical advise . I only wish , every professional ( trade person ) have this attitude .Everything was on time , all calls answered . I highly recommend His company to anyone .
Thanks Lloyd for great service .
Lloyd was great at keeping us in the loop & up to date with every part of the process - from contact with Western Power, right through to the installation & then how best to monitor our system. He kept everything in simple terms so that we understood what he was talking about, no jargon.

Installation day was great - on time, very efficient, quality component accessories (ie piping & wiring) that were marked and clearly labelled, for any future reference or requirement. Excellent tidy up process.

We know we didn't select the cheapest quote of the bunch ... but we are confident we chose the best!
Did a great job on my brothers place and now has done a great job on mine. Very professional service, helped us out all along the way, and very easy to deal with. Job was done with 2 weeks once we decided who we wanted to go with. Completed in a very professional manner, system looks great on the roof and Lloyd was very pleasant to deal with. Show additional information
Lloyd could not have been more approachable and helpful during and post the install. Highly recommended solar system provider. Show additional information
Very professional, efficient company.
We love the ongoing monitoring that occurs even after our system has been installed. We don't feel like we have been dropped now we have paid the account !
From the first day we met with Lloyd I found him to be very honest and knowledgeable. He explained everything in a manner I could understand. The date of installation he was on time and when the job was finished everything was cleaned up, all packaging taken away. Our system works very well and our power bill has dropped by over 50%.
We could not recommend Lloyd and his team highly enough for the professionalism and respect shown to us. For those out there looking for an excellent Solar system tailored to your needs - go SemSolar.
Great communication, great product and installation.
Highly recommend SEM Solar to anyone considering solar.
Lloyd installed our System some time ago now and it is still working great to this day and there has been no faults or breakdowns to the equipment that he installed, installation quality was to perfection and the system was tailored to our house and he even managed to track down black anodised frame work for our solar panels to match our roof tiles to not disrupt the atheistic of our house, we would definitely recommend him and his company to others Show additional information
Lloyd was fantastic, we would recommend this company to anyone and will be telling friends and family about them.
Sem-solar provided us with Fast professional service a great system no BS
Lloyd from SEM Solar was very knowledgeable and happy to answer our many questions via telephone, email and a site visit. The installation went without a hitch and we are now up and running. We are happy to recommend SEM Solar. Show additional information