Smart Energy Group

Smart Energy Group Reviews

We design and install bespoke solar solutions that reduce the energy costs of Australian households and businesses whilst improving Australia's green footprint.

Reviewers report paying: $8,000 - $13,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Smart Energy Group Reviews (134)

A few hiccups, but we got there.

A few hiccups with actual set up, but Russell was brilliant and sorted everything out for us, so very happy with the end result.

Stay away

I have been pursuing this company for two and a half years, trying to get them to find out why I am getting no advantage from my 40 panel installation. They have fed me BS for all this time, no attempt to investigate the problem and despite maybe 40 calls and promises to call back they rarely do. Turns out the installers didn’t program the inverter correctly and the system kept shutting down due overvoltage on one phase. They pretend to care but actually couldn’t give a damn.

I think they write their own reviews as my experience with them is totally opposite to the reviews they receive. They have a 5 year warranty on their installations and they will not honour this guarantee ever. They use delay, obfuscation, sympathy for your problem and outright ignorance of your repeated requests for a resolution. After all this time getting nowhere until I had to engage a solar engineering company who found the problem, and in the absence of any help or compensation I am proceeding to fair trading. Don’t touch this company.

Great Experience.

From the initial quote to installation all went to perfection.
The sales team explained everything in detail and the installation was carried out to a high standard.
To early to obtain savings etc but I have high hopes the system will perform .

Supply and Installation. New System Performance estimated to be good but to early to tell.

Sales very clear and precise in planning the best outcome . Workmanship of all contractors top class and all friendly and polite clean up after work spotless . One phone call by myself and installer set it running also showing me procedure for emergency shut down.

Could not find any faults with this Smart Energy Group, professional from the start up of product.

The sales person Alex Duncan was clear explaining all information and answered any questions I asked. My opinion is: that this man is a asset to your company.

Everything was organised, connected, installed and left clean, tidy, and professional explained to me, service from start to finish was great workmanship.

Excellent Solar Company

Excellent sales/quoting, so easy for us having all details taken care of.
Installation on time and done very quickly, very pleasant team, left everything neat and tidy.
Couldn't get better customer service and support. They are amazing!
Our thanks to all involved.

On time, quick and expert in their field

- With a little bump but everything goes well afterwards
- The installer are already there starting their work when I came, politely addressed me, knows what they are doing, did not break any roof tiles and clean the area before they left
- They tested the system, provide initial instruction and other information before they left

Great experience

Excellent customer service and prompt communication of delays or changes. Installation was done quickly and tidily. Old system removed cheerfully.

Fantastic installers

The installers were excellent and most polite and courteous, a pleasure to deal with.

Very happy so far

The company have been very informative and professional from quoting stage through to installers and after sales.
The product which they have supplied seems to be technically advanced and good quality which is reflected by the warranty offered.
I’m confident that this company will be there for us if we need them.

Great experience and excellent customer service

From the moment a consultant called the process was smooth, fully explained and questions answered. The installers arrived when expected completed installation and left everything clean and tidy then explained next steps. Inspection and commissioning happened at time committed. Follow up calls were received to ensure each stage was completed as expected. The whole journey was pleasant from start to end.

Solar Installation

Great customer service... very knowledgeable on products and costs
Good installation team. Recomend to family

Clearly explained

Great salesperson, very informative. Install was fast and the team were very friendly

The installer was very professional and friendly very very happy. The guys were wonderful

From start to finish everyone involved was very professional and friendly. One of the best customer service experience I’ve ever had.

Good experience

Everyone I dealt with where polite and informative customer service was very helpful

Smart energy solar install

We were incredibly happy with the whole process, Installation was fast, and they left our property as clean as when they arrived! before and after installation customer care service has been fantastic, ensuring all our questions are answered and understood. Highly recommend.

Smart Energy, an efficient and knowledgable Company who can be trusted to provide what they say

The quote and sale process was very easy to understand and very positive. Our Smart Energy representative was polite, honest and clear in explaining the product, its benefits, the process and what was required on our part. He was punctual and always has responded to texts and phone calls in a timely manner. Nothing was too simple or difficult for him to resolve.

Installers were punctual and efficient and helped organise or advise what was to be done after installation.

We felt confident that the decision to install a new solar system was a good one. Benefits and outcomes that were explained in our initial appointment were immediately noticable using the smart tracker app and and far exceeded our expectations.

Reliable personal, kept me up to date on what was happening. Very helpfull with information and great folluw up from other members of Smart Energy.

Every one was helpfull, explained everything, sent photos of how panels would look on roof. Each person was polite and helpfull. The initial contact person Gabrielle, then Sam who did the contract, then the people who did the installation. All great people to represent your company.

Fast and reliable

The sales/quoting process was great and reliable
The installation went smoother, they were polite, professional and friendly.
The customer service was great, helpful with the connection.

Decision made simple

Nicely packaged offer. Overcame our hesitancy to outlay the sum required to get the installation up & going.

Sales/quoting approach ver good. Enthusiastic & knowledgeable salesperson, engaged well with the potential customer.

Installation was no fuss & efficient - kept us informed, & took us through the operation & app.

Slight hiccup as installer quoted incorrect NMI which led to energy supplier restarting the clock for smart meter installation noe due 26 May.

Perfect Thank you

So easy didn’t need to do anything which for me is perfect!

Very informative and a pleasure to deal with and regularly calls or email to following up on progress

Sales and quoting was informative
Polite, tidy, punctual
Organized grid connection

Fantastic Installer

Good, very easy to understand. Gentleman explained everything to us so we understood it.

Our questions were answered easily

Couldn't ask for a better experience

Sales/quoting process was really informative. Salesman was quite factual & informative
Installation went really well, the team were very punctual, polite & kept me informed throughout the whole installation process.
Customer service was excellent, following up on the whole process & making sure I was aware of everything I needed to be. I am thoroughly impressed with the whole operation. Well done & thank you!!

Fantastic

Was quick and easy, installers done a great job, 10 out of 10 all around

Effortless Solar

Sales team was excellent. Install team were polite and informative. A very easy process for us.

Great install

Everything went well with the installation and very informative and helpful.

Fantastic

Initial sales team were wonderful, friendly and informative. The in home consultation was even better, was supposed to be about an hour but because I had heaps of questions it lasted 3hrs and was worth every minute. Within a couple of weeks the boys were on the roof, installed the system in a day and running the very next day. Tidy clean courteous and extremely professional.

Support staff are amazing and the whole process was simple and a joy. Couldn’t be happier with the new system.

Excellent service, quick installation, very happy customer

Excellent sales consultant, very polite & consise, good product knowledge.
Very prompt installation, they were fast, tidy, punctual & polite.
Fantastic customer service, every customer service member I dealt with was very knowledgeable, friendly & very helpful.
Very happy with the grid connect customer service.
Overall 1 very happy customer! Highly recommend Smart Energy group.

Great work

Great communication and follow up from the office team. Installation team professional/informative and efficient.

Very pleased with the result

The team were very professional and we are very pleased with the results. We were well looked after

Brilliant from start to finish !! Really nice and knowledgeable sales person, fantastic efficient install and a great product to top it off.

All round fantastic

Knowledgable salesman
Fast efficient install
Grid connection we sorted ourself as we were advised to contact our power supplier so we did that and took control of that part on our own.

Simple solar installer

Smart energy made the process to convert to solar an easy process. For someone hasn't got the upfront costs this is a perfect way to go. The sales and quoting were easy to understand and tailored to my consumption. Install was all taken care of on my behalf and the contractor left it clean and tidy. Basically once you agree you get to sit back and watch it all be done for you. I already have recommended them to friends for those very reasons.

Great installers.

The quoting guy was very informative, explained everything and answered questions.

Very Quick Installation - Already saving $100's of a month

Excellent Customer Service from Jackson. He was very professional and had expert knowledge of the Solar Market. I paid zero deposit to purchase the solar system via Humm. This was a seamless transaction.

The system was installed within 7 days without any issues and I am already seeing savings on my first bill.

I can not recommend Smart Energy enough.

Extremely happy with the whole process.

Nathan the company rep was most informative and extremely helpful. . He gave us a great deal of information and kept in touch regarding any questions and or queries we might have .He kept us fully informed at all stages as did Smart Energy Group regarding our metre fitting and panel installation. The installers employed by Smart Energy Group were friendly, courteous as well as very efficient in their workmanship.

Not a pleasant process

We had to wait for 4 months just to get approval for the loan and another 2 months to have the battery we ordered installed. It was just a very frustrating process.

Company representative

I would like to thank your company I had solar installed today 17 February. Your representative Amit Shivaji was the fist contact I had who represented the company. From the onset I could see that Amit was professional in her appearance manner of speaking. Always polite. She was able to answer all questions. Her knowledge of your product was outstanding. My wife and I were very impressed in the manner she conducted herself. So impressed we had your solar installed. From the beginning Amit made it clear she could be contacted if the need arose. We did contact her and she helped us via the phone call to fix the problem. The problem was the Humm app. All was sorted. She made us feel relaxed during the conversation. Amit is a great employee and an asset to your company. As mentioned professional in appearance knowledge and at all times calm. Please pass on my wife’s and my thoughts to get as she deserves it very much.

O Holenstein
Glenmore Park NSW

Happy to finally have solar!

Professional service, staff have a great attitude and were extremely helpful. Installation had a few minor hiccups but in the end up the system is working very well.

Great Aussie team, great service

Great Aussie team, great service, awesome product, fantastic installation by a very professional team, can’t be happier. It’s very hard to choose/compare solar systems, Matt the salesman was great, very calm and not pushy.

Got a great 10KW system Installed on a 2 storey house with tiled roof that completely over delivers already. System was installed in a day, was generating power at 5pm that afternoon and was cranking 10KWs at midday the next day, very happy and would totally recommend. Wish I got it sooner, 75 kw a day so far. we are getting the drones out soon to get some pics.

Very Happy returning customer.

Everything went smoothly, very professional, they went above and beyond to keep me happy. I got a system with Smart in November in 2017. I had returned September 2020 to get a Tesla power wall for my storage needs. At the time I only wanted quality and happy I made that choice.

The customer care have checked in on me and ensured even a slight glitch was rectified very quickly.
Battery install - Mark and Andy explained everything about the Tesla battery, excited that it is now up and running.

Jackson and Elliot have been a great help during the whole process, I would recommend Smart to anyone wanting hassle free install and peace of mind when it comes to safe solar.

Customer service was amazing

From the get go the customer service was amazing, James Grant was get to deal with.
Made everything so easy.

Fantastic installer

Fantastic installer , very good service, very updated and intelligent guy

Very happy

Fantastic company to deal with. Very happy with the whole process , would recommend this company in a heartbeat.

Great installation

Jackson was a great help . Installers did a good job and cleaned up after.

Very Happy

Salespeople were polite, patient and answered all our questions. Installation was on time and done very professionally. The whole process was made simple for us and we would definitely recommend this company again

8.25kw 25 panels 7kw inverter

During inspection they concluded I was on a 3 phase system. When the electrician came and installed the 25 panels, he noticed we are actually on a 1 phase switchboard. I'm now being charged extra to upgrade my 1 phase system to 3 phase after installation.

This is in addition to the already agreed price.

Nice system for what i need i cant put anymore on my roof or i would have.

Happy to recommend the installers. They were polite and were very professional.

Extremely disappointing

We signed up a month ago got a email a week later to ask what date we would like it to be installed.

We requested Tuesday 28th July 2020. stayed home all day no one showed up no phone calls to notify us that they wouldn't be coming or date change. there has been no contact from anyone from smart energy until today 3rd August sending us a text message saying they tried to call us today and could we call them back. called back straight away went to voice mail. left voice message for them and still haven't returned the call back.

extremely disappointed in there customer service to say the least.

Hi Michelle,

We are sorry you had this experience and there was poor communication around your install date.

This is definitely not Smart Energy’s usual standard of customer service and we apologise sincerely.

As explained on the phone, a human error in our scheduling system caused the extended gap in communication. We’ve identified the problem and made changes to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

We’re glad this issue has been resolved and your new solar system is now installed and running, with a free panel model upgrade.

Welcome to the Smart Energy family! Although the start was a little bumpy, we’ve got your back for the lifetime of your system.

If you have any questions in the future please reach out to me on my direct line which has been emailed to you.

Thanks,

Liam from Smart Energy

Highly Recommend

From start to finish Smart Energy were awesome. Quick response, excellent communication, excellent support before, during, and after. Rob from sales fantastic, installers great. 100% happy. I had issue with energy company after installation and contact smart energy who also helped with this. Highly recommend very professional, reliable and made entire process simple. Thank you.