Smart Energy Group Reviews

About Smart Energy Group, Solar Installers

Smart Energy Group

Reviewers report paying: $8,000 - $12,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

We design and install bespoke solar solutions that reduce the energy costs of Australian households and businesses whilst improving Australia's green footprint.

Smart Energy Group Solar Reviews

Fantastic installer

Fantastic installer , very good service, very updated and intelligent guy Show additional information

Very happy

Fantastic company to deal with. Very happy with the whole process , would recommend this company in a heartbeat. Show additional information

Great installation

Jackson was a great help . Installers did a good job and cleaned up after. Show additional information

Very Happy

Salespeople were polite, patient and answered all our questions. Installation was on time and done very professionally. The whole process was made simple for us and we would definitely recommend this company again Show additional information

8.25kw 25 panels 7kw inverter

During inspection they concluded I was on a 3 phase system. When the electrician came and installed the 25 panels, he noticed we are actually on a 1 phase switchboard. I'm now being charged extra to upgrade my 1 phase system to 3 phase after installation.

This is in addition to the already agreed price.

Nice system for what i need i cant put anymore on my roof or i would have.

Happy to recommend the installers. They were polite and were very professional. Show additional information

Extremely disappointing

We signed up a month ago got a email a week later to ask what date we would like it to be installed.

We requested Tuesday 28th July 2020. stayed home all day no one showed up no phone calls to notify us that they wouldn't be coming or date change. there has been no contact from anyone from smart energy until today 3rd August sending us a text message saying they tried to call us today and could we call them back. called back straight away went to voice mail. left voice message for them and still haven't returned the call back.

extremely disappointed in there customer service to say the least.

Hi Michelle,

We are sorry you had this experience and there was poor communication around your install date.

This is definitely not Smart Energy’s usual standard of customer service and we apologise sincerely.

As explained on the phone, a human error in our scheduling system caused the extended gap in communication. We’ve identified the problem and made changes to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

We’re glad this issue has been resolved and your new solar system is now installed and running, with a free panel model upgrade.

Welcome to the Smart Energy family! Although the start was a little bumpy, we’ve got your back for the lifetime of your system.

If you have any questions in the future please reach out to me on my direct line which has been emailed to you.

Thanks,

Liam from Smart Energy

Highly Recommend

From start to finish Smart Energy were awesome. Quick response, excellent communication, excellent support before, during, and after. Rob from sales fantastic, installers great. 100% happy. I had issue with energy company after installation and contact smart energy who also helped with this. Highly recommend very professional, reliable and made entire process simple. Thank you. Show additional information

Very Happy

No question was too small or bothersome. I was given good recomendations.
Then instalation went well with a good helpful crew that left everything neat and tidy.
Excellent customer service that kept in contact every step of the way.

An affordable payment plan.

I always wanted to go solar at home, with the payment plan offered I'm now enjoying the savings. Smart Energy group made the whole process easy, they have been with me every step of the way including now well after the install. Show additional information

Friendly service, professional installation, bit too early to tell

The sales guys were very friendly and keen for the pay over 5 years scheme.
The installation team were excellent, they kept us informed when inclement weather struck and did a very professional installation.
In February we paid a quarter of the previous years monthly bill! Then March was a 45% saving and with COVID working from home increased our usage, April May and June have had 35-38% savings. But paying for the system over 5 years may not have been the smartest way to go with the monthly fee for the the line of credit.
With a full years data we will have better idea of how we are faring.

Very Happy

Our install was completed exactly as proposed with the change over of meter within 3 weeks
We were very happy with the installers they were efficient and helpful explaining everything we needed to know
The size of our system is perfect
We would definitely recommend

Great service and product!

We had our solar system installed six months ago and we’re very happy with it.
We were approached at home by a sales representative called Matteo and he explained everything in great detail to us including options and cost savings and plan options. He was very friendly and could answer any of our questions. We had been considering solar to cut our electricity bills so his timing was impeccable.
The installation was seamless and very fast, the installation team were also very friendly.
We’ve had great customer service since the installation. Most importantly, it has been great to have our electric bills roll in at a fraction of what they were!

Great service.

Quote was easy to understand, arranged finance and the Installation was quick and easy. Biggest problem was the competing electricity suppliers trying to get me the best deal. I didnt qualify for a rebate but my last electricity bill was less than $3. Im very happy. Show additional information

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Great job in a small isolated location

The sales team gave a realistic quote that factored in the island location and the time and difficulty of getting stuff here. Everything went smoothly with the installation done neatly and quickly. Grid connection was organised and completed reasonably quickly. They have contacted me a couple of times to make sure I have no problems. They are a good reliable bunch. Show additional information

Good quality of work and product.

Everything is good except the follow up instructions is not clear. I still need to wait for net meter required. Show additional information

Shaky start ends very well.

Misunderstanding by both parties about what was in place and what was required led to a shaky start but once cleared up all went very well. Once I completed what was required at my home the set up for when the install was to take place was clear and the installation team who did the work were fantastic. They showed up on time explained the process, worked through the install and then confirmed what had been done and how I can get further information. Cleaned up after the install as well. After install was finished customer service followed up to ensure I knew what would happen and how to make the most out of the system. It was really appreciated and so was how they managed the payment process. Show additional information

It worked for me!

I already had a solar system when Rob knocked on my door, I showed him my bills and system which I couldn't understand why I still had a bill. It was explained to me the system I had inherited was small and my consumption was still high. A additional system was proposed which I decided to agree too. Since then I have slept with the aircon on every night which is something I had never done before, I am still in CREDIT!!

I am very grateful Rob visited me two years ago, I have recommended him and Smart Energy to all my friends and family and would advise anyone interested in solar to get in contact with him.

Great value for money bills are very low now

Total process was very simple to understand, the installation was quick and simple.
I am very happy with my bills , which were around $500 with just the two of us, now with six in the home they are at $200. Extremely pleased that the system done as our rep Rob said it would.

High quality installation and components

Overall smart energy group organised a great deal for us! There was a few scheduling hiccups due to the covid pandemic but the quality of installation by the contractors that carried out the install makes up for that 10 fold.
Other than site access nothing else was needed from us making it a super easy process.

Successful Solar

Rob Ford was polite, helpful and fully explained the process and likely benefits. There were no problems with installation. The workers were very efficient and communicated well with me. Customer service was excellent in every respect. The company made follow up calls to check we were happy with how things were going. Bill sizes have been very low after installation.
It's been two years now and Rob had a follow up visit to monitor the system. He sorted out a problem I was having with the iSolar app. I can fully recommend Smart Energy for their great service.

Smart Choice

The installation service was seamless and smooth. The work was carried out quickly and professionally. The installers were friendly and helpful. Communication has been very good all the way through. Still waiting to experiencing the benefits of going Solar with Smart Energy. To date they have been a pleasure to deal with and I am certain that their professional standards, integrity and customer service will be all that they have promised it will be. Show additional information

Simple easy process

Very happy with whole process. Installer, Mark was professional and easy to deal with. Highly recommend this company and installer. Show additional information

Great customer service

Great customer service at every stage. Pretty smooth transition from Grid to solar.
Thanks Smart Group.

Total joke, worst decision ever

I have had a 6.6 kw system installed from this terrible company over two months ago, it has not even come close to the projected yields. After a month of chasing them I’m finally told only half the system is working, no explanation no tech coming out to fix it, no compensation. I have had to chase them up every step of the way with still no date of when someone is going to come out to assess our system. I have logged a complaint with fair trading and at this point want the whole thing ripped down with a refund. This is the short version of the horrible journey we have been on since the cursed day I let smart energy through my door. Never use this company!

Hi Devin,

We are sorry to hear that this is how you feel about your experience with Smart Energy. As you can see from our other reviews, this isn’t the norm. Unfortunately your system issue occurred in a difficult time for us to organise maintenance due to the restrictions around COVID-19. We did our best to get the issue attended as soon as we could, however we understand that you may have experienced slightly longer wait times than usual, due to the pandemic and Smart Energy currently operating with a skeleton staff to comply with government regulations. In our conversations with you, it was promised that compensation will be paid to you for the power that was lost, and this has now been rectified and a financial compensation has been offered. We hope that you feel better about your experience and are always available for any further assistance you may need.

Kind regards, Steph from Smart Energy

Savings was as expected

Robert from smart energy came out to do a quote on my request. My bills were around $1,200 and are now below the $500. The solar has been installed for a year now. Installation was good, after the recent storm we had a leak which the lady from head office was prompt to help and have this issue rectified. Service has been really good since the beginning. Show additional information

Fantastic!!!

Rob was so helpful to me and very patient. I was thrilled that he came and helped me out. The product is exceptional and everyone is helpful and pleasant. I had started my solar panel journey with Sunboost. They were horrible and I couldn't even get an install date.
When Rob came to see me he explained the problem with the low cost panels and then helped me to cancel Sunboost and he got my deposit back from them! Wonderful.
Use Smart Energy they will see you get the right thing done for you.

inverter

quite disappointed that I was sold a 8.2 inverter instead of a 10.3. Show additional information

Great Installation

The two guys that came around Rob and Dean, they were very informative in helping us make the right decision.

The installers that done the installation were magnificent, I couldn’t fault them in any respect. The electrician was the same, they came and worked very fast and quietly, job well done.

Since then we have had two follow up visit from Rob to make sure we are getting the most out of our system. Today he visit to reconnect the wifi and app for us.

Great stuff for Smart Energy

Great customer service Very informative with the system.

Great customer service and the workers were very friendly and helpful with explaining everything. The place was left clean and tidy Show additional information

The system has done everything promised

The Representative Rob turned up when he said he would, he looked at our bills and built a plan. He said the savings would be used to pay of the system. Installation was smoothly with no issues.

Since then we have had to electricity bills and we are $102 in credit.

We have recommend Smart Energy to friend and family.

Fantastic

I delt with Jackson Burke from smart energy .He was very knowledgeable about the whole process the technical side and explained himself very clearly. It was a long process but he was patient and helped me complete the government rebate package. They installed the system in one day and on time .I would highly recommend this company professional and good workmanship overall very happy. Rod Linley Werribee Vic. Show additional information

Very good System and install.

Smart Energy were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Dean, the sales consultant was very informative and helped with working out a system that suited me. The install was was very professional and tidy. Great experience. Show additional information

Not the cheapest for a reason

When I sat down with Smart Energy's sales consultant I was very impressed by the professionalism, knowledge and thoroughness of the presentation.
When I was told what the price would be, I knew that it is more expensive than other quotes out there but decided that I prefer paying more for the safety of a company that takes care of you and I was proved right.

My inverter had a fault show up about 6 months after the installation and I contacted Smart Energy who had a technician out at my house the very next day!
The technician contacted Fronius from site and it was determined that it was down to a manufacturing defect.
Smart Energy got my inverter replace within a few days.

Very happy with my choice.

Amazing service

So smooth from start to finish. WOULD RECOMMEND. I have heard a lot about solar and always pushed it away, the superb customer service and install made me feel so comfortable. Show additional information

Exceptional system & customer service

The specialist was very nice, and explained really well all how everything worked. Installation was clean and installers left at 1 PM, everything worked perfectly. Very happy with the overall experience hopefully it'll last us 25 years. Show additional information

Very good service

We went with our solar with Smart Energy and they have recommended the best deal for us and the young lady on the phone has been very helpful thans Show additional information

Smart Energy is the smart way to go

Everyone is very helpful, and has patience with all my questions. Show additional information

Fantastic installer, great looking

Sales was informative without pressure. Installation was professional. The work with the energy provider was done for me. Excellent service. Show additional information

Great Installers and Quality Job.

Easy and painless from start to finish. Installers cleaned up after themselves and explained everything. Show additional information

What a pack of ripp offs

I had 2 reps come see me at 7pm 1 night. They both left insuring me that i would be getting 25c per kilowatt. Liars. Try 12c per kilowatt. I fed them beers all night. Said they would be back on installation date to refill my fridge with beer that they drank. Haven't seen these guys since i signed up. Now i get an email from my provider saying the rates are going down to 10c a kilowatt. I also got up on my roof because of the fires in my area & the amount of broken tile on my roof is a joke. STAY AWAY.

Hi Kev,

We’re disappointed to read this review especially after several attempts to contact you to try and assist with your issues.
Your energy retailer provides the Feed in Tariff for your surplus electricity. We always recommend shopping around for the best deal and if you would like to send us a copy of your bill to [email protected] we would be happy to take a look at provide some recommendations.
Additionally, if there is broken tiles on your roof as a result of the solar installation we would be more than happy repair them for you. We have scanned our post-installation condition photos that we take of every job and cannot see any but if you would like to send us some photos we would appreciate it.

Again Kev, we’re sorry you feel this way. As you can see from our other reviews this is not the standard Smart Energy experience. If you would like to reach out to us we are more than happy to try and resolve your issues.

Thanks.

Whole process trouble free

Specialist Nathan Gondelle who quoted on the system was good to deal with (despite me being a difficult customer) and answered any reservations I had in a factual realistic manner.
Jordan de Rooy and his team installed the system in an efficient and timely manner.
Any contact with Smart Energy Customer Service resolved any enquiries promptly and efficiently.
The system was soon generating power to my expectations and while the first power bill was not impacted because of the time frame, my next full period bill was a credit of $52.83 on a bill of $395.91. Well done Smart energy group.

Never again

17/6/2019 Signed up for 5.6kw system
11/7/2019 Install .... cancelled for council approval
15/7/2019 Downloaded council application, drew up a plan as required and emailed the same day to Smart Energy Group
2/11/2019 Placed a review here as nothing had happened
6/11/2019 Smart Energy Group contacted me. Promised financial compensation for inconvenience and to take down my review.
During this time they claimed that the council were to blame for the delay.
8/11/2019 Council approved the application BTW Application was dated 7/11/2019
19/11/2019 Promised installation .... no show
25/11/2019 Installation ....complete but no .... talked into getting wifi so I could monitor the system ......no energy meter installed
9/12/2019 Compensation for inconvenience and to take down my review ....$50 Bunnings gift voucher ... still waiting
17/12/2019 Promised energy meter installation ....... didn't turn up ...... had to do a 70 km return trip for a last minute electrician to turn up

Great Service

Purchasing a solar panel for my parents property. Really impressed by the customer service from start to finish. They answered all my questions and were professional throughout the process. Installation was surprisingly quick and hassle free. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Smart energy have been fantastic to deal with from the beginning.

I did not want a cheap option that had no after sales service and Smart energy provided great sales support and met all my needs. The were prompt and provided great advice on product choice. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in getting solar. Show additional information

Awesome to deal with, really great service and advice on the whole project.

The guys at Smart energy were excellent to deal with. They worked with me to get the system I needed to get the most of out my solar. They were very prompt and efficient in developing quotes and helping with government rebates and finance options.
The installers they used were very professional and efficient and communication throughout the installation was great.
They also helped with my application to Origin for the upgrades to the metering and made the process very smooth.

Beautiful instalation very very happy

Rowan from Smart Energy was very helpful, installation tydy and punctual and also organiced the grid conection

Tanks Rowan and Smart Energy for a wonderfull job

Manuel Aguilera from Queanbeyan NSW

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Great Service

Very professional, system does everything they said it would, installation was a high quality .
Got a back up visit from Rob Ford 6 months after installation to check all was OK, a nice touch.
Good company to deal with.