Smart Energy Group Reviews

About Smart Energy Group, Solar Installers

Smart Energy Group is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Smart Energy Group Solar Reviews

Had the guys over in March 2017 to install my system. Overall I was very impressed with the efficiency and quality of the installation and cost vs return on investment. My usage wasn't over the top (14kw) But it was explained that 5kw realistically was the best option regardless, given my roof space. Show additional information
The solar retailer (Smart Energy Group) we went with does not really sell solar PV systems - they sell personal finance. We were fortunate to have caught on to how their business model runs early enough to mediate with them the overall cost of the system. Effectively, we were to be charged just shy of $12, 000.00 for a 5kW system (5kW Sungrow inverter, approx. 4.8 kW of Canadian panels).

After 3 months from when Smart's subcontractor's initially installed our system we have managed to reach a resolution that has seen us pay closer to the market value of the system ($7250.00 - still about $1500.00 greater than it's current worth). Prior to this I had contacted a solicitor and was in the process of drafting a letter to the NSW Dept. of Fair Trading's Ombudsman and had used SolarQuotes as a resource in putting together a case (a BIG thank you here).

I cannot express how important it is to DO YOUR RESEARCH prior to engaging a supplier. I didn't. Hopefully the lesson of my shame can be of benefit to others...