• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

SolarPro Reviews

About SolarPro, Solar Installers

Solarpro has been installing solar around Sydney’s Northern Beaches and the North Shore since 2003. In 2009 we achieved a first for Australia as the Company who installed the first SolarEdge system in NSW.
We offer you the latest world class solar technology from established brands that you can trust. We specialize in quality, optimized solar electric power systems throughout Sydney.

Our specific solar systems give you the flexibility to have panels on East, West and North roof aspects, to manage shade from trees and for each panel to produce its maximum possible power at all times. Optimised systems can increase your power output by up to 25%.

Don’t waste your power sending it to the grid for 8c/kWh. Let us install a system that will get you the maximum use and financial benefit from the power you can generate. Choose from high performance LG Mono-X or NeON panels combined with a SolarEdge all in one optimized system OR an SMA inverter with additional optimizing technology.

From smaller residential to large scale commercial installations, if you want to get the best possible from solar please contact us. Whatever your choice, Solarpro will guide you through every step from our free assessment and professional installation to our comprehensive after sales service.

SolarPro Solar Reviews

Peter visited the house and discussed our power consumption, viewed the roof and surrounding trees and quickly came back with quotes, layouts and economics for a couple of options. A quick check on Solarquotes to confirm the quality of equipment was reassuring, as were Finn's answers to my queries. Peter also answered my questions and came back to the house to finalise details and the inverter location when I was ready to award the contract. Installation quality was important to me and I was reassured by Peter and Dave that the panel installers and electrician were good quality. The installation team was professional and friendly, the installation went very smoothly & efficiently and the wiring was neatly done. The net meter was successfully installed and the online monitoring works well. First power was this afternoon and despite it being a bit cloudy and not that warm, typical power levels of 3.8 kW and a peak of 4.7 kW were recorded. So far so good!
Very happy with my experience and would recommend the SolarPro team to others.
SolarPro are professional. Get the job done on time. Not the cheapest but sells quality products. Show additional information
Different components such as battery and management system do not talk to each other properly, so far not able to use battery as it will not charge - nice people but they have dropped the ball. Have apologised and accepted responsibility, hopefully will be able to upgrade ratings soon.

Hi Alan,

Unfortunately there was a faulty switch in the inverter when we opened it which meant we could not program the battery which meant we could not set the management system. A sort of snow ball effect which can happen with this highly technical technology!
After sourcing the parts and replacing them we now have your system up and running which I hope you are happy with!

Regards
David Veal
SolarPro
Solarpro were wonderful. What a fantastic group of people. My previous experience with solar companies was dreadful and this group were the exact opposite. Show additional information
I chose Solarpro because they came to my house, inspected property and gave me lots of advice. After some negotiation I went with them although they were still a little more expensive. Unfortunately the discussion with the sales person was not transferred to installer. By the time I had done some goggle searches all stating inverter should not be installed in a location exposed to sun all day, he had installed inverter on a fully exposed North facing wall. I told him unless he could get me a written guarantee confirming location was OK and would not impact performance or guarantee he needed to move it to where I had discussed with sales person. He did move the inverter but wall was damaged due to large holes for cables and smaller holes for fixing screws. E-mails from Solarpro imply they will repair wall, although initial fix was just silicone in the holes, which I have rejected. Wished I had gone with another now who offered same solution cheaper.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.
Yes it was unfortunate that the inverter was originally installed in the incorrect position. This was rectified immediately after he had realised his mistake.
I was informed there was a miss understanding between you and the installer on the day. After a discussion with the installer he informed me that he knew the inverter was meant to be installed under the house behind the meter box as his brief had described. He was mistaken when you pointed to the wall making a gesture that you wanted the inverter next to the meter box which was on the other side of the wall of the intended original position!

Once I realised he had patched the holes with silicone I did call you directly to discuss how we were going to resolve the damaged bricks. You had sourced a local brick repair company which we were happy to deduct from the invoice and did!

I hope you are happy with the outcome now. I have been looking at your monitoring and your system is working very well.

Thanks again

David Veal
SolarPro
This is the third time I have dealt with David and the team from SolarPro. They know their stuff, are easy to deal with, and are not afraid to advise me on the best approach even if it means less revenue to them. Over the years I have dealt with them for:
- Solar hot water (2007)
- Solar panels - 2kW (2010)
- Solar panel upgrade additional 6kW plus LG battery (2017)
In each case they have given great value for money and a range of possible solutions for me to choose from. Plus I can report their after sales and warranty service on the occasions I have needed it has been very good.
I found the Solar Quotes website an excellent resource to use when planning my solar setup. I asked a couple of questions of the team and had prompt excellent responses.

I went to three solar firms for quotes and found a wide variety of prices. CaptainGreen Solar and Solar Pro were the best two organisations i found and i decided to go with SolarPro based on the following reasons:

1. The sales person visited my house and reviewed my existing roof and setup, they did not rely purely on google maps or an app
2. They provided me with the quote for the system i wanted. CaptainGreen would change the panels slightly or the setup slightly to achieve a better price. Only when i reviewed the quote did i realise that their quote was not an apples to apples quote. This wasted a lot of time in the sales cycle.
3. SolarPro were local to me in the Northern Beaches (Sydney) location. This had a very small impact on my decision.

This is the setup i opted for which has been running for about a month now with no problems:
* 16 LG 330w Panels
* Solar Edge 5KW Inverter (the newer slimline model)
* 16x SolarEdge Optimisers

Based on my experience i would have the following recommendations to anyone looking at solar:
1. The Optimisers are only worth it if you have a partially shaded roof, if not i wouldn't bother with the expense
2. The SolarEdge monitoring is a nice to have but it's not essential.
3. The LG panels are expensive but have a good warranty and a good reputation. I would consider a cheaper tier one panel with more panels if i had more roof. I would suggest opting for the cheapest tier one panels you can find that are not manufactured in China that have the warranty you are looking for. When looking at the warranty ask a specific question about the replacement. If you have a faulty panel is the warranty just a replacement service or will the manufacturer take down the faulty panel and replace it with a new one. There is a lot of value in this if so.
4. Check to ensure you have a metered connection in with the quote before signing up. This is often mandatory and can cost $600.00. Some utility companies will provide a metered connection for free (often includes a change from a analog meter to a digital meter) as long as you sign up for electricity from them. However, as they are offering this for free there can often be quite a wait between signing up and the meter being installed (it is free!).
5. Margins for solar fitters. From my experience i would say there is a 5-10% negotiating position between the first quote you receive from most solar providers and what you can negotiate them down to accept.

Solar for me is a no brainer. I have a swimming pool and the pool pump now runs only between 11am and 3pm when the solar is running well!
Getting a solar system is a large investment so it’s important to get it right. David and the team at SolarPro have been fantastic.
David spent a long time explaining the various options before quoting, and when the decision was made the installation was prompt and efficient by Luke and Charlie. The staff in the office are great too and answer any queries straightaway. Very happy.
The three companies listed all were very keen to discuss options and recommend solutions to our enquiry.

We chose Solarpro because of performance and quality of the panels and overall design solution.

Installation is due with the next week and we can comment further when the system is up and running.
Unfortunately rain delays due to the poor Sydney weather and lack of availability of the required inverter size meant my installation was delayed by 7 weeks.
In the end i was offered 2 smaller inverters that had a combined capacity bigger than the single one I had been waiting on to be certified y the relevant Australian authorities for the same quoted price.

Installation has gone smoothly with an extra person sent along to ensure installation was completed on a rare good weather day.
The installing team were professional, knowledgable and very polite. The office staff have also been very good to deal with.

To date I am just awaiting my net meter for all systems go!
Haven't yet placed order but will within 8 weeks once I get my roof ready Show additional information
Finn, its a thorny bush to get through if you are not technical and Im so grateful for your piloting me through it...its a bit like a mobile phone contract where the suppliers ensure they claim different strengths so you can't compare apples with apples. Its not helped by the customer reviews on their sites..impossible to tell if bad ones are edited out or how recent the reviews may be.
Prices of the two quotes were reasonably close, so I ended up doing a lot of deeper research into the technology than I anticipated or wanted...with frequent quick references and questions to your site (always answered promptly)
The Net Meter was a nightmare..current supplier agreed on no charge, sent a guy to change it on the day of the Panel installation. He opened the Meter box and recoiled..1) I had "service fuses" which he could not touch..needed L2 sparkie..2) my meter belonged to Energy Australia and he was not allowed to touch it?. Called a L2 who who quoted me $1700 to do changes..before claiming that only my Solar supplier could pick up the Net Box from Ausgrid. Between all of them I was in despair . So I gave the Net Box job to the the Solar installer and I wished I'd done that sooner..a lot simpler and worth the price for peace of mind and no running around
I didn't get any quotes from Solar Quotes so I went through Hipages.com.au instead Show additional information
I was going on holidays and would not be available for 2 weeks. The company slotted me in before and even managed to bring the installation date forward by 1 day which meant that it was completed prior to my departure.
Their installer was meticulous with his work (e.g. 1 of 2 wires that had to be connected was 1/8th of an inch longer and it was not sitting neatly in the connection assembly. Luke removed the connection assembly, corrected the wire length and then reassembled the connection and refitted it)
I've had the system for only about a month and had no complaints with the service and installation. It was quite expensive but I like that I can monitor the system from anywhere via the web and that any degradation in one panel does not affect the others. I got the installers to put in an extra monitor which I bought myself (~$270). That was good investment since it lets me know from my kitchen when I have excess solar power to use (for the dishwasher, for example). It remains to be seen how it all goes long term. Show additional information
There were a number of people who had good advice and comments on PV systems (including 2 of the recommendations that you provided). Very few were able to engage on both PV and Pool Heating.

In general, I found it difficult to find impartial comparitive information between systems - however, the people I spoke with in general had an engineering background and were very helpful.