SolarPro Reviews

About SolarPro, Solar Installers

SolarPro
Platinum Partner
SolarPro is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 29 102 768 267  ABN active since 08 Nov 2002 | Solarpro Pty Ltd
ACN: 102 768 267  ACN active since 08 Nov 2002 | Solarpro Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 217954C Solarpro Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $8,500 - $10,306 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solarpro is celebrating a decade of quality solar installations around Sydney’s Northern Beaches and the North Shore. In 2009, we were the Company that installed the first innovative SolarEdge system in Australia. In 2018, we have opened a Solar Power & Battery Storage Showroom in Allambie Heights where, by appointment, you can view Sydney's largest range of solar storage batteries including sonnenBatterie, Tesla Powerwall 2, LG RESU & VARTA.

Solar Batteries & Solar Pool Heating

We offer you the latest world class solar technology from established brands that you can trust. We specialise in quality, optimised Smart Solar Power Systems & Batteries. Unlike many other solar companies we are also specialists in solar pool heating systems.  So, if you are not only running an air conditioner but a swimming pool as well, we are the ones to call.  We have innovative ways to use your solar power system to run a pool heat pump as well as other options.

Maximum Power & Money Plus Great Warranties

Our objective is get you the best value for money possible.  Your system will be designed to get you the maximum use and financial benefit from the energy you can generate. Our top of the range solar systems gives you the flexibility to have panels on East, West and North roof aspects, to manage shade from trees and for each panel to produce its maximum possible power at all times. Optimised systems can increase your power output by up to 25%.

Choose from high performance LG or REC solar panels combined with a SolarEdge all in one optimized system OR a Fronius string inverter and your choice of additional optimising technology.  We select products with industry standard or above warrranties.  LG leads the industry with 25yrs on its solar panels.  Solarpro warranties its installation labour for 10 years.

No Building to Large or Small (including Units)

From small homes and businesses to large scale commercial installations, strata units and local government, if you want to get the best possible from solar please contact us. Whatever your choice, Solarpro will guide you through every step from our free assessment and professional installation to our comprehensive after sales service.  We want you to enjoy and benefit from your system.  We try to do as much as we can for you from start to finish in the process and we are local for any concerns or issues that may arise later.

SolarPro Solar Reviews

Great system, terrible install

The install was poorly performed by SolarPro with several north East facing panels hidden up against a western wall.

Confusion created by a breakdown in the SolarPro design team and the SolarPro install team resulting in the prime solar roof real estate taken by the pool heating.

SolarPro owner argued it was best to install all panels facing west to capture energy during the time it is most expensive.

Thanks Solarpro & Solarquotes

A simple affair thanks to Solarquotes for helping with the pre installation stage, then decided on Solarpro as the quote was the most comprehensive without being confusing. Installation went ahead smoothly, in at 7:30am and finished at 1:30pm using a planned for conduit. Patrick was great. All the Solarpro team were very good. Just waiting for AGL to do the last bit. Thanks all, very happy. Show additional information

Great overall package

Overall the experience has been very good. The quote was competitive and the design was exactly what I had discussed. Three options of varying prices were offered and each included a detailed breakdown. The products offered were high quality and the warranty periods are quite long. When the quote was provided it included documents for all of the components plus details about the installation and no-contact policy during Covid. The team kept me in the loop on what I had to do to prepare plus timelines. They even helped to get someone in to replace my main switchboard as this would have been a problem in terms of finishing the installation.
On the day of installation the team arrived and worked solidly from early morning to dusk to get the work completed. The installation looks very neat. It matches the roof and there are no stray cables visible. They even shifted a vent on the roof to make sure the installation was in a better position to avoid shading. The installation team were very polite and professional. The next day I had access to the online monitoring tool and everything was operational. They organised all of the grid connection details after the installation. Overall a great experience.

Great installation of solar panels

The sales/quoting process was professional and helpful
The installation was very smooth.
The installers were on time and left the site very clean.
They have organised a grid connection which will happen in a couple of weeks

Professional Installation

I approached the three suggested installers.

One didn't come out, provided a quote which seemed reasonable, no opportunity to discuss my needs, didn't reply to my email asking further questions.

Another did come out to quote and discuss. The salesperson decided to quote for a very large system which would have meant that we were selling a large proportion of what we would be producing back into the grid. He didn't consider that we had 3-phase nor the distance we were from the service lines.

-SolaPro - salesperson was knowledgeable, took his time to properly understand our situation and suggest what would be best for us. He gave us a range to chose from for panels, inverter, battery and went through the pros and cons of each. We ended up adding a battery which was not our initial position but now believe it will provide a better system. Our decision was based on quality products and installer, not on price.

Completed reasonably quickly with installation. Solved electrical problem to get power from roof three stories up into garage.

See above. Several visits to site by two different people were necessary to resolve both the possible location for battery and inverter, and to get power between the roof, three stories above, into the garage. A third party was engaged to drill holes through two balconies into the garage. Solution works well. Restoration satisfactory. Electrician in charge did very good job.
We were lucky enough to (unexpectedly) buy a new house, but no provision had been made by the developer for the potential installation of solar power.
Also I'd like to say how unhappy i am with government energy, GHG, and climate change policies.

Ok installation

Quote process pretty straightforward.
Installation a bit messy. We scheduled date and then I advised this coincided with a neighbourhood power shut down for essential maintenance. I then emailed to advise this and said we should re-schedule. The admin person said the installers would not need power so would go ahead. Thought this was odd but went along with it. Of course when they show up they of course need power so they were able to do as much non-electrical as they could and then had to re-schedul to complete the install. When they came back, unfortunately for them the day was too windy, so had to return the next day which they completed it in. They did apologise for the inconvenience.

They also left a few parts lying on the roof afterward but this was minor. The system also never seems to achieve the quoted power generation. Apart from this reasonably happy with the system and would recommend them.

Professional. knowledgeable installer.

The sales and quoting process was excellent, Sam inspected the site in person before quoting and provided detailed advice, eg the usual location for the inverter (next to the meter box) might not work so well for us, and suggested an alternative. Communication was prompt and efficient before, during and after installation. Their quote wasn't the cheapest for the system we chose, but we felt their attention to detail was worth the additional cost. Customer service was great, with detailed information about preparation for the installation. They organised the grid connection, all we had to do was confirm the timing of the installation of the smart meter with the energy supplier. The installation was delayed by a day but we were notified in advance which was fine. The installers arrived on time and worked hard to complete the work within a day. They were polite and helpful and for the most part took considerable trouble to avoid unsightly external electrical conduit etc. They removed all packaging etc from the site, though there were a considerable number of tile chips plus some hardware debris left in the gutters (photo) which now have to be removed by hand as they won't wash out. Two of the sets of panels are connected by an external conduit which runs above a roof valley (photo) - not a great look and I'm not sure how well this will hold up given the exposed location but time will tell I guess. The system has been on the grid for a week now and overall is performing very well, the online monitoring portal is excellent. Show additional information

9 out of 10 Very tidy and all people were polite

Gavin was very helpful and was old fashioned in the way we expect a salesman to be and he followed up with calls a few days later. The teamthat installed the system were very clean and tidy workers and all was explained easily understood. Show additional information

Friendly and competent installation

The quotation was straightforward, with detailed information about the layout and components. Before installation, we agreed on a slight variation to the original layout as I was concerned about some shadowing.
The installation team arrived on time, were friendly and courteous, and completed the job as expected the same day. A good explanation was given about the operation of the switchgear and metering. As a new meter was required to be installed by the retailer, the system was left switched off. The following day, the retailer, AGL, were sent an email to advise that the installation was ready for the new meter.
Sadly, AGL failed to act on the email until two and a half weeks later, and then advised it would be another two to three weeks before the new meter would be installed and the system switched on to production.

Very happy with our solar system

Solarpro were professional from the moment Peter Henry the sales executive came to see us. The installation went smoothly and the team throughout the process were fantastic. From Kyle, the electrician, Tom and Brad the installers and the office team Julie, Phoebe, Narelle and Lisbet. We are absolutely thrilled with the system and thank you also to Finn and Solarquotes who started us on this path. Show additional information

Friendly, efficient, professional, great system, thrilled to bits!

SolarPro provided a thorough consultation and quotation, and listened and responded to our needs. They explained clearly where explanation was required. Emails were professional and timely. The company accommodated my last minute requests without a problem. The installation team was efficient and did a great job. We are mesmerised by the apps showing the ‘free’ power flowing! Looking forward to finding the right energy retailer. Show additional information

I was really impressed with SolarPro, they were the only company that actually came and visited the site. Show additional information

Start to Finish all in one

The Sales and Quoting process was good, SolarPro came through and did a full site inspection and then provided me with a detailed walkthrough of the process required, explaining different types of available products and the pros and cons of each. Staff was friendly throughout and well documented.

Installation process was a breeze as well, a team of 5-6 guys working throughout the day from start to finish and had the system almost (more on that later) fully operating before 3pm.

The only issue (and not to the installer's fault) was connecting the inverter to the monitoring platform. However the aftersales support team have been extremely helpful and following up on the outstanding issue thoroughly.

Highly recommended installer.

Excellent information prior to sale and high quality installation

We got 3 quotes via SolarQuotes. Two were provided with no site inspection while one (Solarpro) visited the site. The quote from Solarpro provided more details than the other two and the sales representative (Richard Lock) spent gave us a lot of time during the visit and in subsequent e-mails to explain the options.

The installation took place on 22/11/2019. The team was lead by Kyle Vinoly and their approach and quality of work was excellent. They did break some roof tiles but this was identified as a risk in their quote and, as advised by them, I had spares available. I was worried about undetected cracks in tiles being left behind but we've had some rain and no problems so far.

There was an issue raised just prior to the installation about the inverter having to be moved from the originally quoted position due to a voltage rise problem. This was the only part of the process that wasn't perfect because I had problems getting more details from the office about what options there were. It was resolved on the day with the installer who clearly explained the issue and we found a suitable alternate location.

The system was left off after the installation because Energy Australia needed to replace the meter. Solarpro did submit the request for this but I had to do it again as Energy Australia couldn't find it and I had to change my energy plan anyway to make use of the solar. The meter got changed on 11/12/2019 and I was able to turn on the system.

It's been great so far. In combination with a new, variable speed pool pump and adjusting when we run appliances such as the washing machine and dishwasher, we've already seen a big reduction in energy use from the grid. My only criticism of the Solaredge inverter is that it doesn't have a front LCD panel. Not sure how I change the Wi-Fi password if the need arises.

To summarise, Solarpro's quote was the highest of the three I received. However, they actually spent the time to look at the site, discuss the pros and cons of the various options, and come up with a configuration that performs well without over-promising on what it could do. This gave me the confidence to spend the money knowing that I would get what they promised with a "quality" installation. They managed to do this so I'm happy.

Solar Installation

Job was completed in budget and on time. Salesperson easy to talk with and explained in clear terms.
Site was clean and tidy when work done.

Painless Process!

Solarpro were a very professional and friendly company to deal with. From quote to installation it was a very smooth process and they answered all my questions honestly and completely. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Easy in every way. Great proposal and excellent communication and installation

Very prompt and friendly sales person. Clear and well explained proposal. Very quick installation date and they dealt with all the Comms with our electricity provider. Installation was excellent and thought out how to make it as neat as possible Show additional information

Very efficient installation

Richard Lock our sales person obviously knew his subject and gave us lots of time, answering every question with facts.

Installation was very efficient,carried out in 12 hours. We had 24 panels installed in 2 different sites.

Grid connection was OK but getting the Solaredge app connected was somewhat frustrating as it kept dropping out. This now sorted and whole system working well.

Extremely professional

Thank you for putting me in touch with Solar Pro. All staff have been extremely professional, knowledgeable and reliable: from our first meeting with their System Designer to the Electrician and 4 Installers who installed the system. All staff took the time to answer my questions. They arrived punctually and worked hard throughout the day. I love having the App which shows me in real time how much the panels are generating. It’s great to be able to see how much we are using from and feeding back to the grid. I would highly recommend this company. Show additional information

Quality solar installation

Very happy with our quote and installation from Solarpro. Within their quote were different options for inverters and panels and batteries. After comparing their quotes with other quotes received, we were confident in choosing one of their quoted options as the best solution for us. After acceptance of quote the installation was prompt and neat. Now enjoying our solar panels producing very nicely for us! Show additional information

Quality product with a stable supplier supplied as per schedule

The whole process was completed as expected.Installation on time and professional. Show additional information

Great sales and installation process.

Very happy with the entire sales and installation process. Sales carefully explained the options to me and worked with me to maximise energy production for least money. Show additional information

High quality product and service

The proposal from Peter at Solarpro was the most detailed of the three quotes I received and dealt with aspects that the other two companies did not mention. Peter studied our location carefully and took a large number of photos. He also listened to what I wanted to achieve and why - and this included locating some of the panels in a more effective location where it was more difficult to install them.

The installation, led by Lee, also went very well. It was punctual and completed on the scheduled day. Lee was also very pleasant to deal with and very accommodating. The other workmen were also pleasant and left the property clean and tidy.

On the basis of this work I am very happy to recommend Solarpro.
All very good although the accounts department made a mistake with our final invoice which scared us for a moment. Show additional information
What in particular I liked about SolarPro that they did a comprehensive site inspection and explaining everything about solar before giving us a quote. Show additional information
Of the 3 companies referred to us - one never contacted me, one spoke to me over the phone and sent a quote based on aerial photos and phone information, and the one that we have gone for - spoke over the phone, came and visited and was happy to discuss various issues - and the price was comparable to the quote which came with no -on-site inspection. Hopefully the rest of the process continues with the same level of engagement and professionalism. Show additional information
Highly recommended. Richard Lock was knowledgeable and friendly and explained everything we needed to know. We are interested in getting our next electricity bill. Show additional information
Great sales & office team, professional installation, great sparky who provided advice with the site left clean & tidy. I would not hesitate to recommend them and that does not come lighty as i am experienced in the building trade Show additional information
Sales person (Gavin) brilliant.
Extremely knowledgable regarding all things solar, explaining pros & cons of 3 main systems, & various components of each.
Spent over an hour with me, ensuring I understood the above so as to make an educated decision on best system & components to suit my needs & budget.
Happy to answer all questions then & after.
Walked around the site sourcing best location for components, especially the inverter. Picked ideal location for the inverter (under house close to switchboard, easily accessed by door same location) which other company didn't (opposite side of house which would have resulted in extra cabling).
Zero pressure, pleasure to do business with.

Installation not so great - initially.
Installer called me at work saying he couldn't understand why the inverter had to go under the house when it would be far easier to simply place it next to the switchboard.
This location gets BLASTED with full heat of the summer sun midday to mid afternoon - hottest time of day!
Advised me Solaredge have no problem with this.
I mentioned Gavin advised shade is preferable, hence under the house in close proximity of the switchboard.
He replied Gavin is the salesperson...
Didn't have time to fluff around so I advised the guy to go ahead with his preferred option but look out if I find out it could create a problem.
Wasn't happy after the conversation, especially considering the time & advise Gavin gave initially.
Once home went online to check Solaredge specs. Sure enough, above 50degrees the inverter suffers temperature derating.
Printed the chart, showed it to the guy.
He'd already installed the inverter on the western wall.
Not impressed, I suggested leave it where it is with a reduction in the installation cost, or move it.
He rang his employer, reduction in cost not possible.
I instructed the installer to move the inverter to where the knowledgable "salesman" Gavin suggested it should go.
(I since spoke to an electrical engineer mate of mine who suggested an inverter definitely should not go where this installer wanted it due to the blast of summer sun)
We now have a large hole in the double brick wall filled with silicone!
ALSO
The whirlybird had to be moved to make room for the solar panels. They didn't think to cut the sarking foil away from under the new location. The whirlybird therefore can't suck the ceiling air out; nor did they place sarking under the tile where the whirlybird originated. Also the ladder dislodged part of the manhole framework. Have to get them back to rectify.

Other than that the rest of the guys were very professional, pleasant, friendly.

Admin easy to deal with & friendly.
Very smooth and professional service. All members of the SolarPro team know what they have to do and do it well. Show additional information
Very happy with the end result and keen to see how well the system performs over coming months. We installed an optimised Solaredge system with LG Neon 2 panels. The monitoring system indicates a storage battery may prove worthwhile in the future but disappointed they add substantial extra cost and extends the return period so we won't be rushing out to buy one.
Thank you for your professional advice - it certainly helped us narrow down the competitors vying for the business.
Cheers, Rod.
As it happens Solarpro is installing the system today (when I received your request for feedback). This includes a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery, which we weren't expecting for several months.
I have read and appreciate your advice about the marginal economics of batteries. I have spoken to Tesla Australia about a likely software upgrade to include weather forecasts in the operation - eg to top-up with off-peak grid power if an overcast day is forecast. Apparently charging a battery from grid is not permitted in the USA (something to due with the credit scheme for batteries) and so Tesla has not needed to consider weather forecasting previously. In any case I realise that grid charging is not a good reason for buying a battery in Australia but look forward to experimenting with the system.

So far I am very impressed with the professionalism of the installers.
Still to be installed (our choice) but Richard was an excellent sales person, spending lots of time with us discussion our options. Show additional information
Very professional outfit. Installation was undertaken in a single day by experienced people. Brilliant. Show additional information
Great system, great service, great feed in.
Can't thank Ben enough, he explained everything so clearly
Couldn't be happier
Thanks Ben & Solarpro
Really good experience- very happy with my solar. Show additional information
Early days yet - have had the system (LG panels, optimisers, SolarEdge 3 phase inverter & 3 phase Sonnen Battery setup) running for a week; and it has been really good.
No news yet on when Energy Australia will upgrade the meter.

The SolarPro installers were great - a few minor hiccups with setup as they had not configured full 3 phase system previously, and were unaware of the quirks with 3 phase inverter / panel configuration, but that only cost them a couple of hours in setup changes
SolarPro's rep responded quickly, made a site visit, advised on the best system for our needs, answered all questions and put in the extra time on site and in follow up calls to make sure we understood the pros and cons of the various options. Installation was prompt and efficient, communication excellent and staff were courteous and professional. After two weeks operation we couldn't be happier. Show additional information
The system is just over a year old. A couple of minor installation issues resolved rapidly and my queries re performance answered very professionally and quickly. In the period 25 October 2018 to 25 January 2019 our bill (Origin) for our all electric (no gas) home without solar would have been $850. With solar $403. A significant saving which included $154 of feed in tariff. We use lots of air conditioning, run a pool pump for 8 hours a day and do not skimp on the washing machine or dishwasher. An absolutely brilliant result for the summer. We expect lesser but similar results through the rest of the year. Well done Solapro. Show additional information
I was confident that SolarPro were professional and genuine - cost me a bit more for same system as quoted by another but had better feel about this team who made me feel confident of my decision and well informed. They were always willing to answer my detailed questions before I committed. Whole process was very efficient from quoting, install, accounts and dealing with energy company's. Show additional information