• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

SolarPro Reviews

About SolarPro, Solar Installers

Solarpro has been installing solar around Sydney’s Northern Beaches and the North Shore since 2003. In 2009 we achieved a first for Australia as the Company who installed the first SolarEdge system in NSW.

We offer you the latest world class solar technology from established brands that you can trust. We specialize in quality, optimized solar electric power systems throughout Sydney.

Our specific solar systems give you the flexibility to have panels on East, West and North roof aspects, to manage shade from trees and for each panel to produce its maximum possible power at all times. Optimised systems can increase your power output by up to 25%.

Don’t waste your power sending it to the grid for 8c/kWh. Let us install a system that will get you the maximum use and financial benefit from the power you can generate. Choose from high performance LG Mono-X or NeON panels combined with a SolarEdge all in one optimized system OR an SMA inverter with additional optimizing technology.

From smaller residential to large scale commercial installations, if you want to get the best possible from solar please contact us. Whatever your choice, Solarpro will guide you through every step from our free assessment and professional installation to our comprehensive after sales service.

SolarPro Solar Reviews

Very smooth and professional service. All members of the SolarPro team know what they have to do and do it well. Show additional information
Having a real person come to the house personally to scope the decision-making and installation issues was decisive for us Show additional information
I had them put in a battery as well, so that's why the cost was right up there. The quote was well detailed and the office and the installers were well coordinated. The PV on its own was the best part of 10k because i went for the LG Panels. The sonnen battery is 10kW with expansion inside the same box possible if needed. The installers were really professional with great attention to detail. The turnaround time from accepting the quote to install date was under 4 weeks and one of those was because i requested a short delay. Show additional information
Can’t rate the product yet as still waiting for agl to switch the meter over... disappointingly slow, 3 weeks since panel installation and still no date. Show additional information
Very happy with the end result and keen to see how well the system performs over coming months. We installed an optimised Solaredge system with LG Neon 2 panels. The monitoring system indicates a storage battery may prove worthwhile in the future but disappointed they add substantial extra cost and extends the return period so we won't be rushing out to buy one.
Thank you for your professional advice - it certainly helped us narrow down the competitors vying for the business.
Cheers, Rod.
As it happens Solarpro is installing the system today (when I received your request for feedback). This includes a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery, which we weren't expecting for several months.
I have read and appreciate your advice about the marginal economics of batteries. I have spoken to Tesla Australia about a likely software upgrade to include weather forecasts in the operation - eg to top-up with off-peak grid power if an overcast day is forecast. Apparently charging a battery from grid is not permitted in the USA (something to due with the credit scheme for batteries) and so Tesla has not needed to consider weather forecasting previously. In any case I realise that grid charging is not a good reason for buying a battery in Australia but look forward to experimenting with the system.
So far I am very impressed with the professionalism of the installers.
Still to be installed (our choice) but Richard was an excellent sales person, spending lots of time with us discussion our options. Show additional information
The amount includes Sonnen battery system and enclosed solar pool heating. Installation starts tomorrow. Show additional information
Early days yet - have had the system (LG panels, optimisers, SolarEdge 3 phase inverter & 3 phase Sonnen Battery setup) running for a week; and it has been really good.
No news yet on when Energy Australia will upgrade the meter.

The SolarPro installers were great - a few minor hiccups with setup as they had not configured full 3 phase system previously, and were unaware of the quirks with 3 phase inverter / panel configuration, but that only cost them a couple of hours in setup changes
SolarPro's rep responded quickly, made a site visit, advised on the best system for our needs, answered all questions and put in the extra time on site and in follow up calls to make sure we understood the pros and cons of the various options. Installation was prompt and efficient, communication excellent and staff were courteous and professional. After two weeks operation we couldn't be happier. Show additional information
I am more than happy to give Solarpro a 5star rating. Richard did a great job in consulting us with the different options. Thanks for your patience, Richard. The installation was done as scheduled. We only had to wait for 2 weeks to get our solar system installed after placing the order. The installation went smoothly with a competent team and the system was up and running on the same day. The communication with the office team of Solarpro was always very pleasant. All in all it couldn't be better.
(Our system: 24 x 275 W REC panels - 6.6 Kw, Solaredge power optimizers and Solaredge inverter)
Next year we plan to upgrade the system with a battery.
Customer service was almost non existing Show additional information
Richard was great for all of Pre-Sales. He spent a good amount of time with me face to face explaining the options and what he was proposing and was great to work with, he sent through several proposals as we worked through the different options I asked for and provided me answers to any questions I had. Since then, installation was very fast, several weeks later and was all completed as stated on the same day. The installation team were great and everything went as planned. As for the actual system, all works great but due to the current time of year and the volume of trees around my property (all expected) I'm only seeing around half the generation of power my system can handle so I am curious to see how much better it gets when there is more sun out later in the year. Also still waiting for my energy provider to put in a smart meter so cant comment on how I'm doing in terms of all up savings etc. Show additional information
Great service Show additional information
Once we have some feedback about the system over time we will be going back to them for a battery. The system has exceeded my expectations, couldn't be happier. Show additional information
Very happy that I used solar quotes to get quotes from reliable suppliers.
Chose Solarpro as they supplied a good quality system and explained everything face to face on site.
Installation went very well, and they kept me updated as the process was underway.
I found that SolarPro invested time in me to make sure I was making the right decision in my circumstances. The salesman came to my property and spent alot of time with me, answered all of my questions and gave me a few different options to suit my needs. The installation was very professional and of high quality, I would highly recommend SolarPro to others looking to buy solar. Show additional information
whole process ran smoothly Show additional information
Overall a great experience and I went into it with my eyes open (paid more than a cheaper version).
I've had some difficulty using the monitoring app but possibly more me than the app.
The delay from AGL in upgrading my meter to enable feed in tariffs is disappointing (still not done).
Experience and service was very good - the results are somewhat disappointing as I got - so far - maximum of 3 kWh from the system. i expected 80-85%, considering it is winter and the panels are split between east and west directions. I will wait with final judgment until sunnier days. For this performance, the system is very costly. Show additional information
Like many companies, I feel SolarPro are more focused on pre-sales.

Post sales support from SolarEdge has been below average and quite disappointing.
Of the 3 companies you provided my details only two responded and only SolarPro made the effort to visit me. I found having someone on site more preferable than discussing the solar concept over the phone particularly as I am a novice in this product area. In the end I was given the choice of a number of different configurations and the pro's and con's explained which again made me feel like part of the process. Show additional information
Overall extremely happy with the sale, installation and system. SolarPro use their own staffs to do the installation. The installers where very knowledgeable with a lot of experience and did a great job on the scheduled installation day. The only minor downside was with the customer service / admin team. At times, it was hard to reach them and they were not always aligned or aware of the Power of Choice regulations changes that occurred around Dec 2017. As I was with a smaller energy provider it meant their level 2 electrician could not do the job which delayed the installation of the meter upgrade. Show additional information
Their engineer, Richard, explained everything to us carefully and in a way that non-scientific people could understand. It really helped to have diagrams that were explained using our property as the example. Show additional information
From the 3 companies sent to me by SolarQuotes - 1 did not bother showing up, 1 sent some random quotes by email and SolarPro came to give a quote. I had to find some alternative places for quotes to make sure I had someone to compare SolarPro to, the other company ended up providing a cheaper option, but they recommended cheaper equipment, I didnt manage to get a quote for the same equipment so I could do an apples to apples comparison.

Gavin was the SolarPro sales person who came and walked me though some different options, explained the technology e.g. why they preferred Optimisers vs MicroInverters or Strings, showed me the inverter monitoring, talked about different panel options and answered the other questions I had. e.g. Placing my inverter away from the power box.
I got multiple options priced, including a slightly larger one with North and West facing panels and they also provided some battery prices that I had asked for.

I ended up selecting a 7Kw system (LG 335W panels) with a SolarEdge inverter no battery - the battery didn't stack up for me right now, hopefully that will change in the next few years.

The install team were booked in and came in on the day planned, they had to contend with some wet weather for a part of the day that delayed the install, but the team stayed late on site until everything was installed and working, ended up being 10+ hours, a long day for them. The install team did a top job, very professional and systematic in their approach - they reviewed everything with me before commencing and made sure there were no surprises. They were neat in their electrical work - they put cabling through the wall cavity and used conduit through the roof attic area- only a very small amount of external conduit/cabling was needed near the inverter. A nice surprise was they left the site very clean after finishing, took away all rubbish and swept up, no railing offcuts, roofing screws, wires left lying around.
The head office set up the accounts for monitoring while the install was going on and by the end of the day we were away and running.

Everything is working except the SolarEdge Inverter monitoring software is showing some incorrect generation and usage numbers - that is not SolarPro's fault but they answered my query and let me know what is going on, hopefully SolarEdge get this fixed soon.
Solarpro aren't keen on micro inverters, they prefer DC optimisers for temperature reasons.
However, my reason for accepting optimisers was that the panels selected were 335W and the best microinverter was only good for 290VA output.
Why did I like them? Well:
1) They came out to check the site in person (it's small so it needed someone to look at it).
2) The salesman was conservative in his assessment of what could be done - no BS.
3) The range of options was in line with what Solar Quotes and government advice sites were saying.
4) Things were done by the dates promised. Only exception was installation - which had to slip due to wet weather. Even then, the scheduler kindly got it rescheduled for the next day.
5) The lead installer found a way to improve on the originally proposed design at less cost
6) The installers knew what they were doing. Very professional and committed to getting the job done as quickly and carefully as possible. 8hrs and it was all done - including the cleanup.
7) All of the wiring was hidden, no conduit pipes screwed to the exterior walls.
8) The office offered to complete and submit the SWR for me as well.

While there are still a few things to be done (energy retailer to process SWR - min 5days, even though I have a smart meter) the exercise was essentially painless and the quality of the kit is excellent.
I'm very pleased so far. Just a shame LG panels are so expensive ;-)
They were the only ones to actually visit for the quote. Very sensible move.
Good service. Their own employees.
All worth the modest premium in cost over some others.
Solarpro are installing my system today are so far have been totally professional and informative the quality of work looks amazing Show additional information
Did a good job. Show additional information
Having previously received a number of remote quotes for an installation on a 'difficult' multi-facetted roof, I was impressed when the guy from Solarpro visited and spent well over an hour checking out the roof and going through the system and options in detail before submitting a quote. Whilst it was not the lowest quote, it was the most credible. The 15 panel 5kWp installation was undertaken efficiently, as arranged and everything was cleared up afterwards. Although a second visit was necessary to get it activated it was up and running within a week. Since then it's been producing between 20 and 32kWh per day most days, with a low of 7kWh on a completely overcast wet day. So far it's exceeded expectations, providing 64% of our electricity, with 46% of the production exported to the grid. Show additional information
David the owner was great to deal with, he spent more than enough time answering all my questions over the phone. Once I made my decision he was able to track down the out of stock item and get the installation done within a week.
The installation ended up taking longer than expected but he had his guy there the next day to finish. They ended up finding a problem before I even knew there was and arranged his guy back first thing the next working day.
Spend a bit more on quality gear, the recommended LG panels exceeded my expectations with performance.
The solar industry is full of salespeople looking for their next paycheck. When making such a large investment you need a business you can trust. Highly recommended.
SolarPro were the only company to come to my house and Richard Lock was tireless in answering every question. I now know where every component will be mounted; something impossible to determine without an on-site investigation. Show additional information
The service was good, I would have appreciated a bit more reliability in the dates provided for installation. Was not a problem though. Show additional information
Peter visited the house and discussed our power consumption, viewed the roof and surrounding trees and quickly came back with quotes, layouts and economics for a couple of options. A quick check on Solarquotes to confirm the quality of equipment was reassuring, as were Finn's answers to my queries. Peter also answered my questions and came back to the house to finalise details and the inverter location when I was ready to award the contract. Installation quality was important to me and I was reassured by Peter and Dave that the panel installers and electrician were good quality. The installation team was professional and friendly, the installation went very smoothly & efficiently and the wiring was neatly done. The net meter was successfully installed and the online monitoring works well. First power was this afternoon and despite it being a bit cloudy and not that warm, typical power levels of 3.8 kW and a peak of 4.7 kW were recorded. So far so good!
Very happy with my experience and would recommend the SolarPro team to others.