Sure Solar Pty Ltd

Sure Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

I’m writing to invite you to join the thousands of Sure Solar customers who have slashed their electricity bills, made the wisest investment, and made a positive contribution to the global environment. We are one of the few companies that offers 12-year workmanship warranties. One of the few that takes the time to listen, to recommend, to tailor, and to seamlessly deliver your incredibly valuable solar power system.

After working in some of the biggest solar companies in Australia, I became dismayed because I saw that most solar companies were run by people who had no technical or solar experience. I witnessed customers having unimaginably poor customer experiences – both pre-sales and post-sale – and then getting shoddy (and occasionally non-compliant) installations of low-grade equipment that failed on too many occasions without them even knowing.

That’s why I started Sure Solar in 2015, and pulled together some of the best and most experienced people in the solar industry. Our aim is to deliver incredible value to customers, give five-star customer experience, and to raise the bar on solar compliance. Every time we get a five-star review, we ring a bell and the office celebrates (and any time we get a four-star review, I immediately and personally launch investigative and corrective action).

We want you to be a happy customer, for life. We want you to enjoy the benefits of solar power for 25 years or more, and have your investment repay itself multiple times over. We want you to encourage your friends to buy a solar power system, and we would love for you to ask Sure Solar to expand your system when you buy an electric vehicle sometime in the next ten years.

Wishing you an abundance of sunshine,

Daniel John Lake,
Founder. Sure Solar.

Reviewers report paying: $5,200 - $6,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sure Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (30)

4.4/5

Great electrician supervising

All good. It was only installed yesterday so I'm yet to fully experience it.

Fantastic experience from quite through to ‘lights on’.

The sales process was very straight forward and it gave me confidence that quotes were very similar. Don from Sure Solar is perhaps the most patient sales rep I’ve had the pleasure to deal with as he answered every question I had patiently and professionally.

The installation was flawless. My mother, who was home at the time, was very impressed with the crew and was very happy with my choice.

Sure Solar took care of everything. All I had to do was say ‘yes’ and everything was coordinated from then on. I was very happy with the process and Don in particular is a champion. His follow through was persistent but not invasive. I couldn’t fault the other quotes, they were all lovely and prompt. In the end, Sure Solar just had the winning combination.

Original Review on 28-10-2020:

Very happy with installation and system

Installer was very helpful as we had a difficult roof to fit the amount of panels I wanted. They worked out the amount of panels we could fit and did a good installation job . Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bruce : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes really good

Happy so far

It's doing what they said it will.. still early days but happy with performance so far.

Great installer and system

Very happy with the purchase. The sales team were great, price competitive, installers were excellent too. Yield is much more than I expected.

Original Review on 19-09-2020:

Great service and friendly staff overall.

Quoting process was first class and no pushy salesmen.
Installation was smoothe and they went above and beyond what they needed to do.
Customer service after installation was also first class as we were new to solar and everything was explained perfectly.

8 months later we asked Ernie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes all seems to be on track.

Original Review on 31-07-2020:

Smooth process.

I was contacted by 3 solar install companies very shortly after using Solar Quotes. Went with Sure Solar as first to contact and went above and beyond to give me info on several systems before decided on a 12.5kW system. Installation was very well co-ordinated and went pretty smoothly on the date as promised. Installation team of 5 pers got job done in one full day.
Grid connection and new meters etc all co-ordinated by them, and happened fairly smoothly. The parts of this stage arranged by Sure Solar went very smoothly. Not so much the AGL parts; as lost a phase and had to get own electrician to fix this when came home from work to a blacked out home.

9 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes but I haven't gottena round to looking at the best balance of cost of power used vs price paid for power produced yet. It is a bit confusing and I have just put it in the too hard basket. Our quarterly bills are about a quarter of previous bills now, so that is good. But I am sure I could get better value if I made the time to check around with suppliers.

Good team

Nick Maryon is a legend. His motivation to win the sales shows his dedication to his work. He made it work for me from a price point and a design and needs of the system.

Original Review on 29-06-2020:

SureSolar

Quotes supplied in a timely manner. Plenty of follow up from salesman.

Installation arranged quickly. Took two separate days as roof access was an issue.

Customer service was excellent on installation. Friendly, efficient and full of information.

9 months later we asked Scott: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes so far.

Solar installation

Everything went well. They couldn't quite set up the configuration we wanted due to the roof setup.

Early days with Solar

Too early to tell on the Solar experience, the sales process was reasonable, the installation was seamless and more professional than I anticipated. Time will tell

Great personal service

Price was competitive but more interested in having hassle free installation and they delivered . Kelly and Peter went out of their way to help us ,the installer turned up spot on time and he was very professional giving us plenty of good advice when he finished no hassles so far .

Great communication, competitive price and hard working instal team.

I have limited North facing roof space due to solar pool heating taking up a third of the roof. Whereas other installers suggested having tilted solar panels (which would have been really unsightly for both me and my neighbours), Sure Solar provided a quote with stronger 390w panels and a different layout that meant we could use the existing roof space.

The install took quite a while, and it was a boiling hot day, but the team powered through and thoroughly cleaned up the site afterwards.

I had a question over the monitoring the day after install and I was called back by the team with minutes of my email at 8am.

Experienced installer.

Professional Installation

I was very happy with Mike's attention to detail. He explained everything to me, no question was too annoying. He definitely investigated what was right for my house and our circumstances. The installers, Daniel and Ben, were marvellous. They were punctual, efficient, and very tidy. They also explained things to me.

Very happy with service, install and product.

Install was great, tidy, quick, did a great job. Good knowledge and discussion of options.

Great Installation

Sure Solar were very attentive from the beginning of the process throughout. The quotes were laid out in an easy to follow format. The installation went well and we are very satisfied with the result. the system looks and performs great. We felt totally supported through the whole process and the team from Sure Solar went the extra yard. Very happy.

Satisfied Customer

Salesman was helpful, seemed knowledgeable and answered all questions I had. He also offered to assist in determining the best power company to go with once post-connection production and usage figures are known. Installers were punctual, polite, tidy, and removed all rubbish. The company arranged the grid connection after installation.

Quality Company

Comprehensive and well presented quotation followed up by punctual approval for connection to the grid and prompt installation.

Review

Everything was satisfactory. The installers were on time and very polite.

Sure solar

Great company. Best quote on quality system. Guys were great installing the panels considering we have a 3 story house.
Once installed, if I had any queries, I always received a prompt and helpful reply via phone or email.
Would definitely recommend.

Solar power installation.

Ticked the boxes, very professional, installers were very nice and cleaned up afterwards

Great experience very easy

The sales guy was really good on the phone. Had a good sense of humour. The installers were fantastic really efficient and didn’t mind all my questions. I was surprised how quick the install was. The customer service was great with connecting to the grid they did it all for me. The only thing is I’m not sure on the feedin tariffs and if I’m with the right electricity provider. However overall a quick and easy process.

Excellent from pre-sales to installation to post-sales support

We got several quotes from multiple solar companies and found the team from Sure to be quick, polite and detailed in their communications from the get go. No hard selling or pressuring to buy a certain system (we went with a mid-range 6.6Kwh system using Risen Panels and a Sungrow inverter). They were great in emailing several times before installation to make sure we approved of the system design and panel layout, then took care of the AUsgrid submissions and notified us for the installation date. They use sub-contractors in Sydney, who we also found to be extremely good - the guys showed up 10 minutes early, were all really helpful with our annoying questions, and were done within about 4 or 5 hours of showing up.
We opted for the Sungrow inverter with a wifi dongle which the guys installed and configured the app for. I actually had a few connection issues with the dongle a few days after installation, but found Sungrow Australia's support to be really quick and helpful via email.
We use Origin Energy for our power, so getting the feed in tariff and meter changeover had to be done half by us and half by Sure, but Peter and the team have been really helpful and quick to respond on all of that too.

I was initially a little nervous about using a company that was based out of Queensland (We're in NSW, they do have offices here, but HQ is QLD), but we have found them absolutely excellent and much better to deal with than some of the local guys we got quotes from.

Excellent advice & service

Steve (sales) gave the most common sense advice regarding appropriate system for our needs/ budget. He happily answered (extensive) questions with a combination of humor, knowledge and wisdom (including value of output vs outlay and considering likely future technological advancements & value within warranty periods etc). Peter in design/ tech was happy to assist with most effective panel orientation with our less than ideal roof. Cameron and the install team were very customer focused and happy to interact/ answer all questions/ assist wherever possible (& did a neat install with a bunch of landscape panels).
We're very happy overall and would definitely recommend them.
Thanks again!

Reliable , everything was as agreed.

Sales representative (Steve) wasn't pushy , calm . Positive experience. No delays. Clean work. And wasn't long waiting period ( I am in remote area , some 900 km outback.

Highly recommend Sure Solar

We chose Sure Solar after reviewing a dozen system configurations with different price points and features from 3 suppliers. We wanted a quality system with a good return on investment. Steve was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the pros and cons of all the options. Peter was great to deal with regarding scheduling and Cameron and his installation team did a fantastic job installing everything neatly in less time than expected. We went with a 5kw Sungrow inverter and 6.6kw of Risen panels. Sure Solar arranged the grid connection and configured the wifi for monitoring the inverter via the app. I'd have no hesitation recommending Sure Solar to anyone interested in getting a quality system at a good price.
Found out about QRIDA scheme just days before it closed.
Sales side of the business very good well supported and honest advise. After installing support not as good. Installation was done by another company. Password for the inverter was not provided. Setting up the solar web was done by me, after some effort to set the password.

System installed using QLD grant. Includes a DC battery solarwatt my reserve. 2.4kw