Sure Solar Pty Ltd

Sure Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

I’m writing to invite you to join the thousands of Sure Solar customers who have slashed their electricity bills, made the wisest investment, and made a positive contribution to the global environment. We are one of the few companies that offers 12-year workmanship warranties. One of the few that takes the time to listen, to recommend, to tailor, and to seamlessly deliver your incredibly valuable solar power system.

After working in some of the biggest solar companies in Australia, I became dismayed because I saw that most solar companies were run by people who had no technical or solar experience. I witnessed customers having unimaginably poor customer experiences – both pre-sales and post-sale – and then getting shoddy (and occasionally non-compliant) installations of low-grade equipment that failed on too many occasions without them even knowing.

That’s why I started Sure Solar in 2015, and pulled together some of the best and most experienced people in the solar industry. Our aim is to deliver incredible value to customers, give five-star customer experience, and to raise the bar on solar compliance. Every time we get a five-star review, we ring a bell and the office celebrates (and any time we get a four-star review, I immediately and personally launch investigative and corrective action).

We want you to be a happy customer, for life. We want you to enjoy the benefits of solar power for 25 years or more, and have your investment repay itself multiple times over. We want you to encourage your friends to buy a solar power system, and we would love for you to ask Sure Solar to expand your system when you buy an electric vehicle sometime in the next ten years.

Wishing you an abundance of sunshine,

Daniel John Lake,
Founder. Sure Solar.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,474 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Sure Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (46)

Original Review on 23-10-2021:

Do yourself a favour and get solar off Sure Solar

Good price, upgraded parts at little extra cost, speedy on time installation, good sales dept. What's not to like? Original ratings

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I've not had the system 12 months as yet but it is working well.
I had some trouble connecting to the grid with a number of misunderstandings and missed steps but got there in the end.

Great value and service

Jason from Sure Solar was absolutely phenomenal to work with. Some family issuea meant we had a lot of stop start communications, but he was patient and worked through answering every question, ensuring we have a perfectly future proofed system capable of supporting all the energy needs of our home now, and perhaps an EV or two in the future and battery upgrades down the track.

The install crew were very quick and thorough. Everything went very smooth and they tidied up the place really well after the work with great communication.

19.2kwh of solar goodness with Hyundai panels that have an awesome warranty and a Sungrow 3phase 15kwh inverter. Winning!

This is not the first solar install I have had done and I highly recommend Sure Solar.

Easy and quick

Received 3 quotes, I spoke to all 3 at length and after doing my own research on each, I asked "if they did a discount for ex service members?",all 3 said (or words to that effect), 'I will get back to you, or speak to the boss ', only one did a discount, it was a good price and I signed the contract, installation was done in a few weeks, job well done.

Reliable installation

Customise my solar system to meet my requirements:
- save money for water heater
- tree shade installation with patient, visit us a few times to set up all devices

Top Quality System

Nick and the team from SureSolar did an excellent job with my install. I needed a powerful system installed on a difficult multi-roof house. The consultation process worked through the planning and options really well and despite rain delays the installation team were excellent and over came the challenges my house posed.
Thanks SureSolar!

Great service every step of the way

- Prompt response and tailored made proposals to our goals in installing a solar system.
- Easy communication along the way
- Install went well, friendly and tidy
- Early days regarding performance but so far so good

Expectations met

Quoting by sure solar was the best, they provided multiple system configurations that we could choose from.

Installation went as required, the only issue was they reversed a phase on the 3-phase aircon system, had to get that fixed the next day when the aircon didn't work.

They organised grid connection

18.4kW Hyundai Solar System with Sungrow Hybrid Inverter and 9.8kW battery

*Sales quoting process was excellent. Spent the time researching, designing, and discussing a number of options and for the installation that would suit the site and meet my needs. Was most helpful out of all the sales reps I dealt with. Ended with a site inspection also to double check everything.

*Installation took longer than expected by a few days. This was out of the installers hands though with staff shortages due to COVID. The installers were polite, tidy and punctual and acheived what they said they would each day given the reduced man power available.

*Have assisted with connection to grid and access to a high feed in tarrif also.

Genuine Sales Person

The quoting process was thorough and informative and follow up felt genuine and not pushy. I was at work while the installation happened with my parents in attendance and was told the installers were very thorough. However, given the Xmas period, I have not followed up for customer support and therefore I'm not connected to WiFi or even sure if I'm connected to the grid. I will follow up now given most companies should be back from holidays.

Good product but issues regarding install

Sales & quoting process was very thorough, although they didn’t price match but do offer greater warranties and a 5 year operational performance guarantee. Customer service has generally been good with grid connection emails detailed clearly on the process.

The installers were tidy, polite and kept us up to date throughout the install. However upon inspection the installation was unfortunately very disappointing. We thought everything was ok, until we had another company complete bird proofing and alerted us to two seperate end panels being incorrectly installed and not secured properly (missing clips, railing installed incorrectly and missing feet to secure it to the roof). Unfortunately it took two visits for this to be fixed & the only reason we realised the work hadn’t been completed the 2nd time was because we had electricians inspect the work. The Director has reached out to us after we sent through photos and videos and he was very apologetic and arranged to get things resolved quickly before Christmas.

We also paid extra due to our roof being terracotta which resulted in some broken tiles, which the company has promised to fix properly.

Overall, we’re very happy with the panels and inverter, customer service upon flagging issues has been satisfactory however the workmanship and installation has been poor on more than one occasion. If we had our time again we probably would have gone with another company based on the price and the issues we’ve had thus far.

Steve from Sure Solar was great at communication and facilitated the grid connection. . The installation crew was polite, respectful, helpful, tidy in respect of their work practices and informative

Great Install

Steve the salesperson did a wonderful job answering my many questions without visiting the site, which once would have meant losing our business, however Steve's persistence with my questions won the day and I am happy with the result, Even with the fact that I had to remove 2 of my wife's favorite trees.

Overall a fantastic install. The team did a wonderful job working between the rain it was a miracle' They replaced the existing system, removed it from the premises, all in one day. 25 Panels on two levels.

The reason for 4 stars for installation was the apprentice produced a gaping hole in our ceiling whilst installing the wiring although they were very polite and punctual throughout.

The reason for 4 stars for customer service is twofold, the first being we changed plans with AGL and it necessitated a password change which took a couple of days and multiple phone calls, but was resolved successfully. One I got through he was very helpful and knowledgeable. The second reason is we finally (about 3 weeks) had the hole fixed but are still waiting for the resulting crack to be fixed.

Vey happy with the result and I would refer Sure Solar to others.

I like the system but the service has been poor.

Getting the quote and the right system was good, but once the deal was signed communication was poor. While the quote stated prompt (4-6 weeks) installation the first attempt was after 6 weeks. It failed because Sure Solar did not check whether the panels would be actually in the warehouse on the day of installation. They were not. I had to chase new dates and in the end four more weeks later they were professionally installed by the sub contractor Solid Solar and they deserve the 5*. 2 weeks after installation I still do not have all the documentation. I can certainly recommend Solid Solar but not Sure Solar.

Enthusiastic sales good price, poor customer service

They offered good communications while chasing the sale and new information for me to make the battery add-on have a better ROI however I feel that was at perhaps incomplete about the function of the battery system, once the sale was complete it was radio silence from the Sure solar team (minus my SMS to sales chasing what was happening) and it was only when I was at the point of asking for a refund on my deposit did I finally get a call from the subcontractor to book the pre-install site visit.

to be clear this was during the Sydney lock-down so some delay could have been expected but no email. phone call or SMS. Even the company number goes to an answering service so if you want to talk to someone good luck with that. for over 3 weeks.

At this point even though it had been almost 4 weeks from the payment of the deposit to the pre-site visit was at this point that the order for the battery was placed. unsurprisingly with the current global supply chain issues there was no stock and i was told I would need to wait up to 6 weeks for one to become available. Again I would have thought that when the deposit was paid would be used to secure stock for the committed install date.

During the installation from the sub-contractor it was advised that the install design would not meet my requirements and was lucky enough that the team on-site agreed to modify the design(for a fee) to perform in the function that was desired( charge off the solar in the even of a power outage (DC coupled system)). Solid Solar the subcontractor did a good and professional job of the install and I am happy with the quality of the workmanship that was supplied.

I have also found that you are not able to discharge your own battery to the grid from the Alpha-ESS system unless you join a VPP.

This has put me in a position that I am worried if I ever need after sales support from a team that was so disengaged what luck do I have. Fingers crossed that its smooth sailing from here

Original Review on 05-03-2021:

Solar installation

Everything went well. They couldn't quite set up the configuration we wanted due to the roof setup. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Patrick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

system has performed above expectations and Sure Solar have provided awesome customer care.

Solar installation

Very professional company and installers. Very curtious and explained the system on completion

Smooth process from start to finish

The entire process with Sure Solar was much easier than I expected. I took my time to review all the products carefully and compare as much as I could and Sure Solar were very helpful in clarifying any points I was unclear on. Although there was a shorter validity on their quote than what others had offered, I was still able to do my research and comparisons in time. I wasn’t planning on going for ‘just the cheapest’ - I was more interested in the standard of the products offered, before the price, however Sure Solar was the cheapest of the quotes and provided the standard we were happy with too.

The installation and the customer service were great. There was an issue with getting the Fronius inverter to connect to my home wifi network, but a call to Fronius the day after installation and a quick remote update by them solved the issue in no time.

Sure Solar took care of the grid connection application with Energex and I was hot on the heels of my energy provider to make sure we got everything up and running in just a few days after the installation. Again, it was much less painful than I expected it to be.

I wish I had installed solar years ago!

Great electrician supervising

All good. It was only installed yesterday so I'm yet to fully experience it.

Fantastic experience from quite through to ‘lights on’.

The sales process was very straight forward and it gave me confidence that quotes were very similar. Don from Sure Solar is perhaps the most patient sales rep I’ve had the pleasure to deal with as he answered every question I had patiently and professionally.

The installation was flawless. My mother, who was home at the time, was very impressed with the crew and was very happy with my choice.

Sure Solar took care of everything. All I had to do was say ‘yes’ and everything was coordinated from then on. I was very happy with the process and Don in particular is a champion. His follow through was persistent but not invasive. I couldn’t fault the other quotes, they were all lovely and prompt. In the end, Sure Solar just had the winning combination.

Original Review on 28-10-2020:

Very happy with installation and system

Installer was very helpful as we had a difficult roof to fit the amount of panels I wanted. They worked out the amount of panels we could fit and did a good installation job . Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bruce : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes really good

Happy so far

It's doing what they said it will.. still early days but happy with performance so far.

Great installer and system

Very happy with the purchase. The sales team were great, price competitive, installers were excellent too. Yield is much more than I expected.

Original Review on 19-09-2020:

Great service and friendly staff overall.

Quoting process was first class and no pushy salesmen.
Installation was smoothe and they went above and beyond what they needed to do.
Customer service after installation was also first class as we were new to solar and everything was explained perfectly.

8 months later we asked Ernie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes all seems to be on track.

Original Review on 31-07-2020:

Smooth process.

I was contacted by 3 solar install companies very shortly after using Solar Quotes. Went with Sure Solar as first to contact and went above and beyond to give me info on several systems before decided on a 12.5kW system. Installation was very well co-ordinated and went pretty smoothly on the date as promised. Installation team of 5 pers got job done in one full day.
Grid connection and new meters etc all co-ordinated by them, and happened fairly smoothly. The parts of this stage arranged by Sure Solar went very smoothly. Not so much the AGL parts; as lost a phase and had to get own electrician to fix this when came home from work to a blacked out home.

9 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes but I haven't gottena round to looking at the best balance of cost of power used vs price paid for power produced yet. It is a bit confusing and I have just put it in the too hard basket. Our quarterly bills are about a quarter of previous bills now, so that is good. But I am sure I could get better value if I made the time to check around with suppliers.

Good team

Nick Maryon is a legend. His motivation to win the sales shows his dedication to his work. He made it work for me from a price point and a design and needs of the system.

Original Review on 29-06-2020:

SureSolar

Quotes supplied in a timely manner. Plenty of follow up from salesman.

Installation arranged quickly. Took two separate days as roof access was an issue.

Customer service was excellent on installation. Friendly, efficient and full of information.

9 months later we asked Scott: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes so far.

Early days with Solar

Too early to tell on the Solar experience, the sales process was reasonable, the installation was seamless and more professional than I anticipated. Time will tell

Great personal service

Price was competitive but more interested in having hassle free installation and they delivered . Kelly and Peter went out of their way to help us ,the installer turned up spot on time and he was very professional giving us plenty of good advice when he finished no hassles so far .

Great communication, competitive price and hard working instal team.

I have limited North facing roof space due to solar pool heating taking up a third of the roof. Whereas other installers suggested having tilted solar panels (which would have been really unsightly for both me and my neighbours), Sure Solar provided a quote with stronger 390w panels and a different layout that meant we could use the existing roof space.

The install took quite a while, and it was a boiling hot day, but the team powered through and thoroughly cleaned up the site afterwards.

I had a question over the monitoring the day after install and I was called back by the team with minutes of my email at 8am.

Experienced installer.

Professional Installation

I was very happy with Mike's attention to detail. He explained everything to me, no question was too annoying. He definitely investigated what was right for my house and our circumstances. The installers, Daniel and Ben, were marvellous. They were punctual, efficient, and very tidy. They also explained things to me.

Very happy with service, install and product.

Install was great, tidy, quick, did a great job. Good knowledge and discussion of options.

Great Installation

Sure Solar were very attentive from the beginning of the process throughout. The quotes were laid out in an easy to follow format. The installation went well and we are very satisfied with the result. the system looks and performs great. We felt totally supported through the whole process and the team from Sure Solar went the extra yard. Very happy.

Satisfied Customer

Salesman was helpful, seemed knowledgeable and answered all questions I had. He also offered to assist in determining the best power company to go with once post-connection production and usage figures are known. Installers were punctual, polite, tidy, and removed all rubbish. The company arranged the grid connection after installation.

Quality Company

Comprehensive and well presented quotation followed up by punctual approval for connection to the grid and prompt installation.

Review

Everything was satisfactory. The installers were on time and very polite.

Sure solar

Great company. Best quote on quality system. Guys were great installing the panels considering we have a 3 story house.
Once installed, if I had any queries, I always received a prompt and helpful reply via phone or email.
Would definitely recommend.

Solar power installation.

Ticked the boxes, very professional, installers were very nice and cleaned up afterwards

Great experience very easy

The sales guy was really good on the phone. Had a good sense of humour. The installers were fantastic really efficient and didn’t mind all my questions. I was surprised how quick the install was. The customer service was great with connecting to the grid they did it all for me. The only thing is I’m not sure on the feedin tariffs and if I’m with the right electricity provider. However overall a quick and easy process.

Excellent from pre-sales to installation to post-sales support

We got several quotes from multiple solar companies and found the team from Sure to be quick, polite and detailed in their communications from the get go. No hard selling or pressuring to buy a certain system (we went with a mid-range 6.6Kwh system using Risen Panels and a Sungrow inverter). They were great in emailing several times before installation to make sure we approved of the system design and panel layout, then took care of the AUsgrid submissions and notified us for the installation date. They use sub-contractors in Sydney, who we also found to be extremely good - the guys showed up 10 minutes early, were all really helpful with our annoying questions, and were done within about 4 or 5 hours of showing up.
We opted for the Sungrow inverter with a wifi dongle which the guys installed and configured the app for. I actually had a few connection issues with the dongle a few days after installation, but found Sungrow Australia's support to be really quick and helpful via email.
We use Origin Energy for our power, so getting the feed in tariff and meter changeover had to be done half by us and half by Sure, but Peter and the team have been really helpful and quick to respond on all of that too.

I was initially a little nervous about using a company that was based out of Queensland (We're in NSW, they do have offices here, but HQ is QLD), but we have found them absolutely excellent and much better to deal with than some of the local guys we got quotes from.

Excellent advice & service

Steve (sales) gave the most common sense advice regarding appropriate system for our needs/ budget. He happily answered (extensive) questions with a combination of humor, knowledge and wisdom (including value of output vs outlay and considering likely future technological advancements & value within warranty periods etc). Peter in design/ tech was happy to assist with most effective panel orientation with our less than ideal roof. Cameron and the install team were very customer focused and happy to interact/ answer all questions/ assist wherever possible (& did a neat install with a bunch of landscape panels).
We're very happy overall and would definitely recommend them.
Thanks again!

Reliable , everything was as agreed.

Sales representative (Steve) wasn't pushy , calm . Positive experience. No delays. Clean work. And wasn't long waiting period ( I am in remote area , some 900 km outback.

Highly recommend Sure Solar

We chose Sure Solar after reviewing a dozen system configurations with different price points and features from 3 suppliers. We wanted a quality system with a good return on investment. Steve was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the pros and cons of all the options. Peter was great to deal with regarding scheduling and Cameron and his installation team did a fantastic job installing everything neatly in less time than expected. We went with a 5kw Sungrow inverter and 6.6kw of Risen panels. Sure Solar arranged the grid connection and configured the wifi for monitoring the inverter via the app. I'd have no hesitation recommending Sure Solar to anyone interested in getting a quality system at a good price.
Found out about QRIDA scheme just days before it closed.
Sales side of the business very good well supported and honest advise. After installing support not as good. Installation was done by another company. Password for the inverter was not provided. Setting up the solar web was done by me, after some effort to set the password.

System installed using QLD grant. Includes a DC battery solarwatt my reserve. 2.4kw