Town and Country Solar Pty Ltd

Town and Country Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

Town and Country Solar Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Gawler SA. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,400 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Town and Country Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (49)

Great customer service

Mick from town and country solar was very keen on helping me get a great solar deal. He came to my house the day I spoke to him and measured up the roof and made sure it was suitable for solar, he then had a tailor made system priced up for me the next day and even came to the party with a better price.

Original Review on 04-07-2020:

Easy to deal with!

Gave me a few quotes for different systems and information about them to compare.
Professional installers.
Great customer service after the installation.

8 months later we asked Mykola: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System itself works great. But grid overvoltage sometimes reducing output.

Personalised service

As soon as deposit paid emails regarding grid connection, panel change over appeared in minutes. Organised and installed quickly and effectively.

Outstanding service and quality install

Damian provided a thorough inspection of house / power usage with a detailed quote including all costs and best system within my budget.
Extremely impressed with Mick and install team. A fortnight of bad weather looked like install date would be missed, not a problem as they reschedule to a weekend!!
Mick took the time to explain features of the SMA inverter monitoring application after install.
Quality job from start to finish including organising smart meter install 5 days later.
I have since highly recommended to friends and family.

Make hay while the sun shines.

Town and Country Solar have been great right from the beginning with our solar installation. We did have a small issue with our energy retailer sending out an electrician to install the smart meter before the solar had been installed, but T&C sorted out the problem. Very happy with the whole experience.

Even though we didn't purchase from Solar Quotes, Solar Quote suppliers were very professional, providing similar and alternative solar solutions, and their quotes were in the ballpark, we just decided to go local. Thanks for being informative, your site provides great research material when looking into solar.

Great company - 5 star all the way

A great company that go the extra yard to please. I had a small job installing a replacement inverter and even though they were absolutely flat out they still were kind enough to fit my small job into their busy schedule. Mick and Jordan are great to deal with and I have no hesitation in recommending them. Thanks for a great job, wiring is of an incredibly high standard. Thanks again guys - Dean Michael ( Hillbank )

Excellent customer service

Didn’t end up going with any of the companies I was sent through solar quotes. One company never contacted me and the other two I had to chase up. One of which after a few conversations had said he would send quotes through, waited a week rang again and then he just emailed me their promotional flyers not actual quotes. Town and Country solar had the best customer service by far. Their sales rep came to the house after providing an online quote and provided a more accurate quote. He was available at any time to answer all my novice questions. Best customer service we have had in a long time. Would definitely recommend if you are after a quality job done by experienced people.

Local and affordable

Quoting process was excellent. We pestered them with all types of questions and nothing was too difficult for them and all our concerns were addressed.
Installation was also excellent. They were punctual, polite and did a very neat and tidy install.
They also assisted with grid connection and made all arrangements for installation of the new smart meter which only took 10 days after installation was complete.
All in all a good job and so far we are very happy with the whole process and company chosen.

Pleased with system and install.

Was not the cheapest quote overall but was the best quote for the LG system purchased. Quote was done quickly and was followed up. Got 6 quotes overall and they were one of only two that I ever heard from again. Was quoted for a lot of stuff that was not needed by other companies. Customer service was first class.

Fantastic advice and installation

Quote was easily obtained with various options and a willingness to fit our situation and budget. Installation was efficient and good quality workmanship. It would have been very helpful if the installers had assisted with the tracking via smart phone app since we are struggling to achieve this and still not able to track the system

Original Review on 17-01-2019:

8 months later we asked Wayne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes even got a 1.98 credit last 1\4
Better than expected, carry on! :)
Ian, Barossa Valley SA
Fantastic item.
Brilliant service from end to end. Came to measure and quote when promised, and took the time to explain all the options we had and the difference in quality and price.
Installation was earlier than expected, but certainly no complaints there! Now that it is fully installed and functional the system is doing exactly as promised.
Mick was friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and had a great team with him. I've got no hesitation recommending them to anyone looking for a great solar system in SA.

Original Review on 07-04-2018:

Pity our electricity retailer wasn't as efficient as Town and Country, the system will be on the roof for nearly a month before we can use it as the retailer (Simply Energy) will have taken nearly two months to change the meter after our initial request in February! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes faultlessly so far
Great team of professionals. They installed late August 2017 - I paid my last bill from Alinta and ported over to Origin Energy early October ... Haven't paid for electricity since having followed Micks advice. They did the job earlier than booked and had assisted with the order on the new smart meter - Highly recommend this team. I am hoping they can install the sonnen batteries now with rebate in SA. Will be calling them soon to find out.
Of the three suppliers you gave me, one never replied, the other I didnt ask as they seemed Adelaide based ( Im in Port Pirie) the other was frustrating. Id read your information carefully, I knew exactly what I wanted - 5KW inverter, preferably SMA german or Fronius, an oversized panel array, and a tier 1 panel. Though they were 'local' (90kms up the road) they didnt visit but relied on google earth, which is out of date and does not show the pitch of the roof (they told me I needed tilt frames and when i questioned that said I could measure it if I liked, they later said having the over sized array would compensate for any loss of productivity from not having tilt frames so I didnt really need them). They quoted me for installation of panels on my roof even though Ive now got more satellite dishes (which they didnt ask) and never considered my garage, which is larger in area and has a better pitch so doesnt need tilt frames. They didnt ever quote me for what i wanted, they gave me quotes and told me to 'add on' sums for extra panels, less panels, different panels, a different inverter. Although they were probably cheaper in the end I just couldnt be bothered to deal with them. They did however, take time to answer lots of questions via email, I asked every single one you suggested and that was very good.
Town & Country on the other hand provided all the same guarentees, visited the site, fitted on the roof and garage to avoid my existing dishes and solar hot water, were friendly, efficient, and actually rang and spoke to me, they still answer my texts & calls if I have any questions, and they did a quick teaching session for me on the inverter. They quoted me for exactly what I wanted, first time and it was only 2 weeks from deposit to installation. They provided me with an excellent booklet which took me through the process of connecting my system to wifi, and which has useful information about the product and maintenance. I was a complete novice, I have no idea about electricity and knew nothing about solar, I am so grateful for the information on your site which enabled me to be confident and informed.
Really easy to make the decision to purchase solar when you are ready and know
basically what you need.
First impressions of the company are important.
Three people contacted...two quotes received
Town and Country provided clear explanations of the system without being condescending. Their installation was done quickly on the date promised, quality of components excellent.
Fantastic service from day 1. Prompt and comprehensive quote with no hidden costs. Michael discussed the best options for me without putting any pressure on for a sale and obviously knows the products inside out. Installation was on time and completed in a couple of hours.
Would definitely recommend

Original Review on 15-02-2017:

Value for money: N/A
Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Trish: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, over and above my expectations. The power saving we make are far better than expected. We'd like to get a battery soon :)

Original Review on 15-08-2016:

Had a long wait to get things installed. 6 weeks in all, why because of ALINTA Energy dragging there feet on changing the meter over.
Not happy with the price they charged for the meter change over. Then they had the cheek to add another 90 bucks to switch it over.
If I had known about these extras I would have had second thoughts on the switching to solar.
Also the feedin tariffs are very poor.

8 months later we asked Merv: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No it has never reached top performance. I have two inverts installed, one 3kw on my shed panels face north best from that 2.5kw, this is the one that fails sometimes.
the 2 kw system installed on my house roof panels face west best I've had from that 1-5kw
Great experience from start to finish
Exceptional communication the whole way through.
The designer Michael Flak arrived at the day and time I had arranged. He inspected the site and checked my previous 12 months of power usage, asked what and when we used the most power for. He then suggested we go for a TV special he was running at the moment, a 5kW system for only $4500. The system comprises a Growatt 5000MTL and 20 Jinko 260 Poly panels. The only extras I had to pay for was an isolation switch for $165, and $285.40 for SA Power Networks to change over to a new smart meter, total cost $4950.40. Michael suggested with our roof space (LOTS of, but MOST facing East/West) was to have 8 panels facing East and 12 panels facing West. Great for running the pool pump and aircon in the afternoons in summer etc. We did get another quote from another local solar company but decided to go with Town & Country Solar. We gave them the deposit and within a few weeks they were ringing to organise the install date. There were 5 guys doing the install and was completed in a few hours. Michael Powney was the electrician and after the install was complete he gave me a comprehensive rundown on how the system worked and how to read the display etc. The install is very neat and no mess left around after, the guys are very professional. I then had to wait another couple of days for SA Power Networks to replace the meter, and he was done in 1/2hr. All in all a very good experience and I can only commend everyone for their professionalism. I have only had the system for a week and a 1/2 so far, but am taking daily readings and producing an average 10kW per day (middle of June) which is just above the 9.3kW that Michael said I should in his design and quote. I have halved my power drawn from the grid and have put back about 4kW average per day. Looking forward to my first bill with the new system now.
I would use them again and recommend them to anyone else. They did what they said they would, on time and on price. Since installation I regularly generate around 30kWh per day when sunny, out of a 5kw system and my average usage before that was 20kWh. Don't know why I waited so long. I'm now seriously considering adding a battery.
Well, being new to solar can only hope it goes all well seems to be a good system. Although, will not know until connected to the grid and get a few accounts to judge.
I chose Mick Flak from Town and Country solar because he designed this system and made sense by covering all bases about quality, performance and return.
I received 5 quotes, all included a German made inverter and all quotes expressed how good German engineering is. I decided to go with a slightly dearer system that included German made, as opposed to Chinese manufactured panels.

Without a side by side comparison over a number of years I will never know if it was value for money, but I considered that this was a 20 plus year investment of a product that is known to deteriorate, by a certain degree over time.
Town and Country Solar was the only supplier to do more than an initial quote. They followed up on the quote with further information and advice, through phone calls, emails and a site visit. Others dropped off quickly and showed no interest in gaining my custom.

There were no hidden costs and the explanations and information helped us in making a decision on what size system and which system components to choose.

Town and Country Solar are what they say and we were delighted to find a company prepared to install a system in the country without all the added travelling costs. Everything was included in the price.
They offered us a great system at a really good price!