• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

United Solar Energy Reviews

About United Solar Energy, Solar Installers

United Solar Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves . Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

United Solar Energy Solar Reviews

From go to finish, I couldn’t fault this company. System installed 1st June, my monthly bills have just kept dropping. I am extremely happy with my 5.13 kW system. Brett and the girls in the office were marvellous at getting Powercor and my retailer sorted when there were a few holdups with FIT connection. I know people that have paid $3-4K less than I did, have a battery as well (I don’t) and they are saving $50-80 a quarter. We get what we pay for and I save that in 2 weeks. I’m in love with my system, and I’m grateful to United Solar energy for doing my supply and install. Show additional information
Would definately look elsewhere if we were to install solar again. Lack of communication and very ordinary customer service from this company was a serious issue for us after they recieved our 8k. Call their telephone number and press the option for 'existing customers' you will recieve an outsourced 'live voicemail service' and not actually speak to anyone from United Solar - and rarely will you recieve a return call. From install issues of not taking responsibility for damages the 'coincidently' occured the exact same day the installers were on our roof, to sending the original electrician to 'assess and report' the damage, to literally having to ask for our invoice, warranty details, and correct solar rebate documents to be sent not just once, but numerous times. The sales guy was nice and had a decent pitch (which was obviously exaggerated), but we would never go with United Solar again after this experience. Show additional information
We bought a bigger system than we intended to get, we paid a lot more than we intended to spend and we got a heck of a lot more than we were expecting.
We chose to go bigger, buy quality that will go the distance and enjoy our retirement without the worry of forever increasing electricity bills.
Our supplier gave us a firm price quote and stuck with it despite having to include many unforeseen upgrades that were required.They were also very helpful in stepping through the steps to connect the system to the grid and obtain the solar rebate through the Victorian Solar Rebate Offer.
Include this supplier in your 'get a quote from' list, and tell them Brian told me to.
United Solar Energy came out and installed a 5kW system at our house exactly 1 week ago. I had spoken with 4 other companies and United Solar Energy was the only one that I felt were being upfront about everything and not pushing me into making a sale or add on extras that I didn't necessarily need.
John was very quick to field all of my questions, followed up with any queries I had, and checked in regularly to inform me of the progress from the contract being signed to the actual install date, including after everything had been completed. He also organised the install to fit into the small time frame that I had available, which was greatly appreciated.
We had an old malfunctioning system removed at the same time and John was quick to make sure this was done in a timely manner.
I have nothing but positive things to say about John and his team. I'd highly recommend United Solar Energy (my parents had solar installed on their house a few years ago and had a similar experience with United Solar Energy). Thanks John, Heath and Tamara for one the easiest big purchase experiences we've had in quite some time!
United Solar Energy staff are very helpful. The installer Michael Barclay was excellent, arrived on time, and answered every one of my questions. Show additional information
This all started when, after I decided to get a solar system , I contacted Solar Quotes to get 3 quotes from recommended suppliers . United Solar Energy in Hallam were the only supplier who got back to me within 24 hours, the other 2 were over a week. The Ladies on the project Team, Tamara and Brittney, were absolutely fantastic. They both came to our house after business hours to go through pricing, components and install details. They are a very knowledgeable sales team and were very comprehensive in explanations and how the process would proceed. My wife and I opted to go with a 7.13kw system, expandable to 10 kw, 2 x 5 kw Solar X inverters , Winaico 285 watt panels . I had purchased the " Good Solar Guide" by Finn Peacock from Solar Quotes to do my homework and recommend the same to any prospective buyer, it is the best $20 you will spend if you are serious on Solar. Britney and Tamara did a comprehensive install report showing the best install position to avoid shading by a gum tree in our yard , excellent customer service right from the start. The install team of Josh, Justin and the other boys did a great job, cleaned up after them selves and answered my many questions. I was extremely happy with their install job. As per Finns Book, one reason I chose United Solar , was the warranty periods offered on their products. 10 years instead of 5 on the SolaX inverters and 2 years free insurance on the Winaico panels helped me make up my mind.
If you are in Victoria, give United Solar a call , I am blown away by their service.
As a follow up, my In laws and my Brother In law ( who weren't going to get Solar ) were so impressed, they also got solar installed on their houses from the same company.
10 out of 10 for customer services.
My Son and Daughter in law have United Solar putting a 5kw,s system up, and my Son in law is getting a 6.6 kw,s system from them as well. Very happy and just the best customer service Show additional information
Get more quotes as you like and know the product quality, and be careful with pushy salesman and careful if you acquire it thru finance. Show additional information
I'm waiting for inspection and hookup to to supplyer to start getting rebait Show additional information
Quote, consultancy & scheduling were first class, as was the installation. However, 6 days after installation the inverter failed just before the installation was to be inspected. United arranged for the installer to replace the inverter concurrently with the inspection the following day. All paperwork was processed & forwarded to my energy retailer, Dodo, within 24 hours, & 7 days later, SP Ausnet had completed my grid connection. Have not received a bill yet, but am very happy with the installation & the service provided by all parties, particularly Solarquotes for steering me in the right direction at the start. Show additional information
It has been a very disappointing experience and we should have gone with the company we originally thought but unfortunately read your ad and were led to believe these people were professional and had been thoroughly vetted by yourselves.
We believed after paying we would receive a welcome pack with warranties, guarantees etc. received one email with a manual we had to print ourselves. We have nothing and had to fight to get a tax invoice.
Very happy. Excellent sales person, Joyce, very knowledgeable. I rated the system good as I haven't had it for long and still getting used to it. I may give a higher rating if I had an electricity bill to compare with solar and without. Show additional information
Since purchase was able to get better price from another company. Using SMA Inverter instead of Solax and same Jinko panels. Difference in pricing was $2000 dollars. Show additional information
Very happy with all aspects of dealing with United Solar Energy, however I should have insisted on a site visit to discuss modifying the mounting system to move the panels across a building ridge more to the south of the building to get them out of the shade from trees. Show additional information
The initial experience with sales was satisfactory even though the sales guy was very pushy. After that the experience was woeful with the installation being rescheduled twice because they didn't have the right parts. It was virtually impossible to get hold of their admin person Odessa even though she said she called me numerous times when she didn't.(Even if I missed the call I do have voicemail and I would have rang them back).
Then came the installation which was eventually finished and I was extremely unhappy with it because of the placement of the panels. At no stage did the installers or united solar inform me how and where they were mounting the panels on my flat roof and subsequently mounted one bank right at the very front of the roof which ruined the aesthetics of the house. I am sorry now that I didn't get up on the roof and check what they were doing but of course you expect professionals would know better.
The final straw was when Odessa took the balance of the payment out of my credit card without notice. She told me that this wouldn't happen until I was contacted which surprise I wasn't contacted. She went on to say that she contacted me and once again more BS.
Now a month and a half after the installation I am not connected to the grid because according to Alinta they stuffed up the paperwork.
After contacting the installer directly he said he will move the bank of panels if I pay him $350. I will never recommend this company to anyone I know.

Hi Lawrence, we are sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with our service. As an approved retailer of the clean energy and also a 5 star rated company on the independent customer review website WOMO, unhappy customers are not something that we usually get.

Our company has won the customer service and customer satisfaction award nationally in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, and we have just been nominated for the Optus Business awards National retailer of the year awards for 2017, so it is very rare to receive such a negative review.

We are sorry that you took our sales consultants attempts at following up and providing you with service as someone who was being pushy. Sometimes we are damed if we do and damed if we don't, we have had instances in the past where we have been criticised for NOT following up, so we were really just doing our job.

As for Odessa, it is also a first to hear that customers had trouble getting hold of her, she works in our office from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and only leaves for lunch for a short while, so not sure why you could not reach her?

As to Odessa calling you when you say she didn't...the wonders of modern technology allow us to track incoming and outgoing calls made from our internal VOIP system. I would be more than happy to provide you with the data showing you the exact dates and times that Odessa did in fact contact you if you wish....because she did.

Panel placement. On this one, you were spot on. The professional did in fact know better, and as discussed with you, the panels were placed where they were to get maximum performance and minimum shading issues, now we are sorry that in order to get your system performing to its optimum efficiency, that resulted in ruining the aesthetics. If you perhaps had of informed the installers on the day that you would prefer a lower performing system, we could have placed the panels further back.

The final straw was when you had to pay for your install?...it is general business practice that when a job is completed that you in fact pay for it...it is also written into our terms and conditions....payment to be made in full on the day of install. Again we have recorded information where Odessa did in fact contact you informing you that the balance would be deducted.

Lawrence, we are always happy to take criticism, and we take feedback, both good and bad very seriously, but negative feedback needs to have some substance, and be factual. Claiming that we don't call, when we can show records that we do, is frustrating. Calling sales people that are doing their job, pushy, is again a little frustrating. We are just trying to help and provide you service.

We are truely sorry that you found it necessary to take the time to provide somewhat inaccurate negative feedback, but we sincerely hope that your system goes on to perform and give you many many years of trouble free service. As a reputable company with over 10,000 installs and 10 years in business now, we will be around to honour any warranty issues if you ever need us.
Excellent service with contact being kept throughout the whole process Show additional information
I chose United after looking around. The Salesman there followed up very quickly. Nevin gave me my quotes, date of installation, no bull crap up sell rubbish.
I knew what I wanted & how much I could spend. United followed through. The Director follows up personally as well as phone calls. WHAT COMPANY DOES THAT? Professional technicians install the tiles. I am very happy.
Looking forward to paying less in powerbills.
You shall do your independent research re size of system, type and brands - comparing like for likes.
You should as well know where to best position panels and do not blindly rely on neither sales person nor installer... e.g. if you may be at home (using energy) more during noon or afternoon, a big difference where to best position more panels (facing North or West).

The installer - which ultimately makes THE difference as all brands and products are identical for all vendors at the end of the day, was the best. His name is Mark and I can only highly recommend him and his team. Clean job, all conduits (25mm) nicely layed and sealed, no damage to tiles/roof.

I chose a Schneider-Electric inverter vs other brands, as it offers a scalable solution with minimum regret costs to expand (battery storage) at a later stage/time. It also offers a very good monitoring system, which other brands usually do not offer. Check functionality than just blindly WiFi or Bluetooth capability, as there is a lot of junk. Don't go fo cheapest brands, unless you want to sell your property soon - there are as many bad reviews as good ones, but in doubt and if conservative rather up than downgrade.

Re company... Seamless progression of paperwork and certificates, the rest is with your own Electricty retailer.
The only company prepared to send a representative to our home in Lara. Disgusting service from all others. Lara is located 13 klms from Geelong between Geelong and Melbourne with a huge potential for solar installation with many new estates coming on line. Some businesses deserve to fail. Show additional information