Urban Renewables Reviews

About Urban Renewables, Solar Installers

Urban Renewables
Gold Partner
Urban Renewables is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Urban Renewables is a specialist in the design and installation of Solar PV systems across Victoria. With a traditional base as an electrical company, Urban Renewables has been involved in the Solar PV industry since early 2010, focusing on providing an informative, reliable and clean service that you would be happy to refer to friends and family. Whether it's for your home or business, Urban Renewables is that smart choice for Solar installation and maintenance.

Urban Renewables Solar Reviews

Great customer service

Adrian promptly came to visit the property once I made the request and quickly provide an informative quote at a competitive price for a great system. Adrian supported me through the state rebate online process and quickly organised installation once I was approved. Installation was completely within 2 weeks of approval and all went smoothly. I highly recommend Urban Renewables for solar installation. Show additional information

Highly recommended installer

The installer was excellent in communicating the products and installation process. Also assisted with the rebate and provided advice about retailers (feed-in tariffs etc). The installation was efficient, and staff were respectful. Overall very satisfied and have no hesitation in recommending their services. Show additional information
Installation was quick and efficient. They came early in the morning because the weather forecast didn't look great on the day and managed to finish the install in 6 hours. The job was done properly and was not rushed. Set up the inverter and went through the paperwork with me and explained the process after. Cleaned up well.

I only rated them with a 4/5 for customer service due to them being a small team and not being able to get back to me ASAP. This was especially crucial while trying to navigate the new VIC solar rebate system on the first day it was open. Besides that, Adrian and his team was professional and courteous at all times.

Will not hesitate to recommend.
Very professional, everything was done on time as promised. Highly recommend Show additional information
Great service from Urban Renewables. No pushy sales, just honest advice and comparable pricing and recommendations as others. Chose them because they are local, but have been happy with the quality of advice, installation and support through the process. Show additional information

Professional in all ways

I used Solar Quotes to cull down to 3 suppliers and found Urban to fit my criteria: high feed back rating from others, good quality systems and advice and reasonable pricing. Trina and Enphase - 3 phase system. I wanted a reliable system and reliable team so knew I had to pay a bit more - which has definitely paid off. (The Vic Govt rebate is also very helpful - thanks you) Adrian did not hesitate to provide recent installations as referees and these people spoke at length of the excellent experience, as can I. Joel did a very professional installation - I went up on the roof and we finalised the layout there - on time and very neat circuit board set up - the Electrical Inspector says he sees that without exception from Adrian and Joel - another good point. The panels came on board and the enphase monitoring/App as been spot on - we thought we had an issue with one panel - I can see output from each panel, but a software upgrade sorted all that - as Adrian predicted. All the admin team are very professional and on the ball - they had all the paper work organised very quickly to get my rebate claim in. I can not speak too highly of them Thanks Urban Renewables team. Great job. Jim Show additional information
A great all round experience, excellent communications, great knowledge, speedy installation and follow up Show additional information
Very knowledgeable people, responsive. Show additional information
The installation is complete but there is still paperwork for the inspection, energy provider and Government rebate to be handled. Show additional information

Efficient Helpful Professional

After quite a lot of research I decided to use Urban Renewables and I was very pleased that I did. I had a 4kw system installed using micro inverters; I decided to use top quality panels and inverters as they have a much longer warranty and efficiency rating. Urban Renewables were quick to respond to any of my queries before, and after, I chose them to install the solar system. They were very helpful every step of the way, including choice of system, grid connection, energy retailer, paperwork and Victorian Government rebate. They did a fantastic job installing the panels and inverters and not only considered which system and size was most appropriate but also how it would look on my house. The work was started when the Company said they would , workers were on time, friendly and efficient. I have an app on my iPad - Enlighten - which tells me very simply how much energy I am using, exporting and importing.
I could not be happier with Urban Renewables and highly recommend them, as the Company was recommended to me by others.
Only one of 3 that actually came out to do a site visit and survey - also best price for the best equipment of all 3. And, good buch of guys, helpful and informative. Show additional information
I had had 4 previous quotes on solar systems but none were competitive.
Urban Renewables made contact with me the day I requested information and within 2 hours I had received a call from Rory. He provided an accurate quote within 2 hours using Google Maps and Near Maps and I ended up being able to afford a larger and better system then I had thought based on previous quotes.
On the day of installation, they turned up as planned, the system was installed and was working that day. The rest of the paperwork has also been submitted for me too.
As a new user of solar, I know that I could call if I had any questions as their customer service continues after installation if needed.

A stress free service

I found Urban Renewables of Cheltenham a pleasure to deal with. Their service was second to none and a breath of fresh air in the building industry. Every aspect of my 3.050 kW solar installation went like clockwork. The electrician was on site when he said he would be. Furthermore, if there was a delay he would gave me a call. Anna dealt efficiently with my power supplier. She emailed to me all the necessary documents required to obtain my solar feed in tariff and the Victorian Government rebate.
Don’t delay give them a call today, your wont regret it.
Great company to deal with and very competitive pricing for premium products. Understood my needs, explained anything that I was not sure on and very prompt assistance throughout. They work with you and value you as a customer, which was very personalised. From assistance with paperwork, stepping you through what you need to do next, what will happen next and timelines (Ana was fantastic!). This is a large investment for anyone and it can be daunting to know you are doing the right thing, though through Solar Quotes and speaking with their team I was confident that I knew what I needed. The install happened quickly which was pleasing and was professional, site left clean and even a modification on the day to my original layout based on seeing the area they had to work with. The rebate process was a little convoluted through the government, though I couldn't have asked for any more support from Adrian specifically until the time of that coming through. High recommended for anybody considering solar, at least as one of your companies you source a quote from and wish them success for future business. Show additional information

Job well done

Greg was very professional punctual and polite we are very happy with the whole experience thank you all urban renewables Show additional information

Could not recommend enough

Very professional, responsive and smoothe service. Every person within this service is helpful and keen to help. Highly recommended. Show additional information
Adrianna’s his team installed my system at the end of October- I enjoyed significant savings since then. Install was fast and very professional- was up and running by mid afternoon. Adrian and his team helped sort everything from citipower and Solar Vic. Can’t recommend enough!!! Show additional information
The process used by Solar Quotes is really good. It got me started on the process. They provided me with 3 installers who all responded in a short time with quotes. The configuration of the system was a different solution by each of the installers. When the our requirements became clear ie needing to deal with shading issues, I continued discussions with two of the suppliers and sought a further quote from Urban Renewables who were rated highly on the Solar Quotes website. Quoted prices for our 5.4kW system using LG panels and Enphase inverters were similar across all of the quotes. The system has now been installed and is working well.

I highly recommend using Solar Quotes to assist you with getting quotes from reliable suppliers. They also were very quick in answering numerous queries that I had on the various options.
The whole experience was very professional, in particular:

* Adrian sold me the system and managed the installation - no "middle man" was a very good outcome.
* The installation was very tidy - all cables and boxes stowed correctly and in a non-disturbing way.
* The equipment was the latest on the market - the panels were still marked as "coming soon" on the LG website!
* Post-installation there was the obligatory electrical inspection and the inspector said it was a very professional install; inspection complete in minutes.
* Ana provided more support than I thought possible pre-installation for upfront paperwork,
* and post-installation excellent support for interaction with the electrical companies resulting in grid connection and credits in 4 days.
* All paperwork for rebate done and dusted.

I thoroughly recommend Urban Renewables.
Courteous and helpful at all times. Great customer service from field staff and office staff. Show additional information
The most professional people installing and in the office. Would recommend them to anyone Show additional information
Greg and his sidekick Jake were highly efficient and helpful with the installation. We were very pleased with the way they worked. Show additional information
Very professional from start to finish with competitive price. Rory was a straight talking guy, no pushy sales tactics. On the day of installation, Greg arrived on time and did a high-quality and efficient job. There is a small issue on the location of aerial during the installation, after elaborated the pros and cons, things are sorted out with happiness and satisfaction. Greg also answered a lot questions with great patience and gave a few good tips on manage electricity bill. Post install, The Electrical inspector commented that Urban is the best in Melbourne area. Last, great follow up with Power Company and paper work from Ana in assisting VIC solar rebate. Every step is smooth, professional and with care. System (Fronius Inverter and Trina Panel) has been doing fantastic so far and looking forward to check my first bill.

I am highly recommend Urban Renewable, it has been a pleasant journey from quotation, installation and rebate application. First class with professional, clean, quick and best quality. Great company with great people Greg, Rory and Ana working for Adrian, the great leader.
Supply and installation was very quick and efficient. Greg lives locally so even though the company is out of town the service is local. Show additional information
Super helpful with paperwork and admin.
Installed in a day and overcame any difficulty easily.
Friendly staff.
Very professional from start to finish. Rory was a straight talking guy, no pushy sales tactics. I I wanted the inverter in a specific place, it wasn't an easy place to install and the installer didn't come out to check prior to installation, only had photos but we talked through it on the phone and they were able to make it work on the day.
Adrian called to book the installation date a few weeks before. On the day of installation, they arrived on time, complete in under 1 day. All but 1 of the tiles sit properly back in place, when I phoned them about it, they fixed it within 2 days. 2 tiles with corners cracked, couldn't be sure if it was there before they started but easily fixed with some silicone. They cleaned up the mess before leaving. They took care of all the paperwork to the power companies. After 1 week, whole system is working great.
Only down side is these guys were busy and took a while to provide a quote, but they're worth the wait.
Adrian was super helpful and did a high-quality and efficient job. Great follow-up from Adrian and Ana.
Would recommend.
Very professional, showed up on time and looks like a good quality job. Already saving money during some very hot days!
All in all very happy with the choice!
There were cheaper options, but I felt that this was the best combo of installer with good reviews, good panels and inverter (Trina / Fronius) and price
Adrian was very easy to deal with and answered all my questions and queries without any issue. I did some background work and it was an exercise of confirming what I had learnt. Perfect.
No issues or delays with the installation and his team was great.
The follow up for all the paperwork with the power company is clear and the Urban Renewables team have taken ownership and have helped us out at every point along the way.
I highly recommend Urban Renewables for the installation of any solar systems, as they are professional, take ownership and get your hooked up!
Thank you again to Adrian and his team.
LG panels and Fronius inverter installed by Adrian and the team before Christmas. Very competitive deal for quality panels and the team installed very carefully on the day. Good communication and good to deal with. Efficient with all the right paperwork. They also followed up after to help us through getting the FIT sorted etc. System has been going strong throughout the summer.
Highly recommend.
I can not recommend Urban Rewnewables enough, I had the system installed in Wangaratta and Greg the installer was an a pleasure dealing with, Professional, Clean, Quick and his workmanship was first class (and it was 45 degrees) if you are thinking of putting solar in use Urban Renewables don't waste your time with anyone else, Great company and great people working for them. Show additional information
A great experience all round with SolarQuotes and UrbanRenewables. Show additional information
Adrian and his work team were so easy to deal with. I had quotes with suggested installation plans within 48 hours of emailing him. Installation occurred much sooner than expected. The installers showed up on time, were extremely pleasant, discussed the best options with me before beginning work and completed everything in a professional and timely manner. All communication with Urban Renewables has been excellent and they have gone out of their way to be helpful. After-installation service has continued to be outstanding. Show additional information
Adrian and Anna and their team provided a white glove treatment by all means. Very polite, professional and kept on supporting us even after full payment.

Amazing people and highly recommended.

Thanks Adrian

George Karroum Balwyn North
When I spoke with Adam, one of the directors of Urban Renewables, he gave us the best quote for the 6kw system we were looking at. He even jumped on to our roof to gauge the amount of shade made by our neighbour's trees. When it came to installation, it took Adam and two other people less than a day to complete everything even though it had rained in the morning. They were extremely clean and efficient. Would definitely recommend them to others. Show additional information
Top Notch form start to finish

I wrote to several installers
Two companies came back with competitive prices.

Urban Renewables gave a competitive price and clarified all my questions, however the seller from Metro ended up giving me the best price and I paid them 10% deposit.
After 1 month waiting for them, they contacted me giving me a day for the installation. I took the day off and surprise surprise they did not show up.
I called them next day and they said they had sickies and apologised. They said they would call me back with a new date. They re-booked almost one month later and 3 third party contractors arrived. All dirty and initially I thought they were wall painters. They all looked rushed and after spending 5 minutes trying to pass the cable from the garage to the first floor, they said they would not be able to do it and ran away for their next job. I reckon they are all pretty busy due the Solar VIC rebate.
I contacted their installation team asking for the alternative and they in a very rude manner said their contractors lose money not performing installations and they were going to refund my deposit because they could not do it.

I felt bad for not going ahead with Urban Renewables and I contacted them again. Adrian said although he was very busy, he would try to find a day for me.
A few days later Ana wrote to me saying they had Monday afternoon available.
I was a bit worried they would give the same excuse from the previous company but I was wrong...
They arrived all clean in uniforms and did not care when I said I had issues passing the cables to the first floor. They installed an external conduit in a very professional manner and did the job in less than 3 hours. In the end they vacuum all the dirt. Adrian explained how to use the Enphase App and said the invoice and everything else would be sent by email to me.
Payment was due to 14 days later and once the Certificate of Electrical Safety was provided, they sent me all docs for my Solar VIC Rebate.

From start to finish they were top notch professionals. They are the type of business they go a bit further to explain and make you happy. Please do not waste your time with bigger companies as they are more for profit and don't care about quality anymore.

I will recommend Urban Renewables to all my friends due to their price and quality.
I started looking into solar a few months ago, i received multiple calls from multiple solar installers. All of them came to 'visit' the property for a site-check. However, the reality is that they wanted to come into your house and pressure you into making the decision on the spot. Typically, each session involves these steps
1) Give you a call and insist on a site visit. None of these companies is willing to provide an indicative quote at this stage.
2) Checking the mains switch
3) Sitting down in the house to explain how solar will work
4) Use their laptop, jumping on a mapping tool (similar to Google Maps) estimating the number of panels that my roof can fit
5) Pressuring me into a making a decision there and then, which includes offering me 'discounts'

The experience I received from Adrain and Jol from UrbanRenewables are completely different.
1) Adrian gave me a call and followed up with an email with information regarding solar as well as a fixed price list.
2) Jol came to my property a few days later and checked the main switch. He then took a ladder and went up the roof to measure the space available for solar panels. He provided me with the number of panels that could fit on my roof. He didn't even attempt to sell me anything, just measured up and left.
3) Adrian followed up with a call and email with information.

What I like about UrbanRenewables.
1) Other installers said that I could fit 24 panels on my roof, however, Jol said I could only fit 18 panels on my roof. I was hoping for a bigger system, but I'm glad Jol actually went up the roof to measure instead of just using computers to estimate. At the day of installation, they managed to install 1 additional panel as they are aware of me wanting a bigger system.
2) Communication with the team was amazing. There was a delay in the shipment of the new LG panels. Adrian ensured that I was updated along the way.
3) Unfortunately, there was a leak in the roof caused by a hairline cracked tile. I messaged Adrian at 11:30pm, he responded to my message within 5 mins and organised Jol to rectify the situation the very next morning. He even offered to have a painter coming in to fix up the wet patch. He has taken on full responsibilities.
4) Taken full responsibilities to ensure that I get my feed-in-tariff as soon as possible. All paperwork was handled by the office and I managed to get FIT within a month of installation.
I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Urban Renewables. There was no sales bull - in fact no salesperson at all in the normal sense of the term. They came for an on-site visit and actually got up on the roof to check things out - the only company out of seven that did so - arrived on time to do the work and did an efficient and tidy installation in quick time. Everything was explained and post-installation customer service was excellent with emails being answered the same day the query was made. You can't go wrong with these guys. Show additional information
Jol and Adrian were great to deal with and did a fantastic job installing the system. I would have no hesitations in recommending Urban Renewables to anyone. Show additional information
Adrian from Urban renewables has been great to deal with and so was His partner Joel who did the installation. I liked that it was the same people from start to finish. There was a slight delay on inspection and so getting connected to the grid, but Adrian was very apologetic. I have already recommended them to friends. Show additional information
The company was small and very knowledgeable Adrian had the information we needed and he was not only the sales person but the installer. We were very pleased with the visit to our home before quoting and checking our roof for the optimum placing of the panels. Installation was completed very efficiently and the paperwork put into place to ensure the inspector came out promptly. The Electrical inspector commented that Urban do good work, which is nice to hear. We used Peacock media site to check for an alternative supplier and we were very pleased with the references so called them to quote. Very impressed with the whole process. Show additional information
Very happy with the installation and personal service. Being new to the solar experience Urban Renewables gave me full confidence in their integrity, quality of service and workmanship. Show additional information
I'm glad I found the Solar Quotes website. I'd been thinking about solar for a while and didn't know where to start - the website is great for explaining solar. I got the quotes and was happy with all of them. I went with Urban Renewables and they were great start to finish ... from quote, to installation, to all the paperwork. The system was up and running in a day and now all checks (retailer/distributor) have been done and I'm feeding in to the grid as well. Highly recommend Adrian & Jol from Urban Renewables. Show additional information
Would thoroughly recommend them.