Urban Renewables

Urban Renewables Reviews

Urban Renewables is a specialist in the design and installation of Solar PV systems across Victoria. With a traditional base as an electrical company, Urban Renewables has been involved in the Solar PV industry since early 2010, focusing on providing an informative, reliable and clean service that you would be happy to refer to friends and family. Whether it's for your home or business, Urban Renewables is that smart choice for Solar installation and maintenance.

Reviewers report paying: $3,960 - $10,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Urban Renewables Reviews (152)

Great Service

Very quick to get back to me and and recommended only the best system, very happy with my dealings

Great installer, fantastic quality, a real tradesman

Adrian contacted me for a quote and gave me the option to do it over the phone or in person (COVID).
The installation is extremely tidy, Adrian cleaned up after himself, and it is evident that he actually takes pride in the work that he does.
All I had to do was download my smart meter data so that Adrian could run the numbers and recommend a couple of systems based on our average usage and potential usage into the future.
Adrian kept me informed via email throughout the whole process, he was punctual in attending when he said he would, my install looks great and everything was left neat and tidy.
The customer service has been great, the grid connection was organised for me, all I have to do is arrange a suitable solar plan with my retailer.
I highly recommend this installer.

First Class Installer and System

Recently, we had Adrian Cole from Urban Renewables install a 6.6kw rooftop LG solar panel system at our house in Warrnambool. When we received Adrian's contact details via Solar Quotes, we contacted him and within a couple of days he visited for a pre-quotation inspection and then quickly followed up with a comprehensive quotation with 4 options presented. Considering the challenges of navigating around Covid-19 restrictions, Adrian was able to install our chosen system promptly and efficiently. We appreciated the way in which he communicated the installation process to us and his accessibility and ability in answering our questions during the whole process was first class. Adrian's work, equipment and materials presented minimal disruption to our household. Adrian also handled the Solar Victoria solar rebate application and communication with our power company. We were very impressed with Adrian's professional yet personable manner and throughly recommend him and his company Urban Renewables to interested purchasers.

Exceptional customer service and professional installation

Arranged for a quote of a 7.2kw system and the process of getting a quote to getting installed was simple and so professional. The quote was highly detailed with all the information i required to make an informative decision. Sean assisted me from the sales side and the guys that came out onsite to do the install, where prompt, courteous and did the job exceptionally well. The Enphase online monitoring software is brilliant and easy to use. Would highly recommend

Professional and Efficient

From the initial quote and site visit through to final commissioning the team at Urban Renewables have been great. They are prompt and professional, provide great advice and their installation team are enthusiastic and efficient. I extremely happy with the system they supplied and installed and highly recommend the team at Urban Renewables.

Exceptional service

Fantastic service. Couldn't be happier with the installation and workmanship. This along with the exceptional service I received throughout the whole process, was seamless. Kept me updated and informed throughout the whole process. Many thanks Urban Renewables.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Original Review on 24-11-2020:

Great communication and very helpful.

Explained each step & kept in contact for each step. On time. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has worked better than I thought 12 months down the track.
The key thing is to shop around for the power company with the best rate, our supplier were able to assist in this regard.

Original Review on 15-10-2020:

Thank you Finn you did list this local business and he was very informative, neat and tidy and just an all round good bloke.

Everything was so good and we are very happy with the end result and using a local company. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Leanne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We wish we had done this a few years ago now as solar is so worth adding to your home.
We’ve paid one bill in 12 months which was $28.00.
We are more than pleased with our solar system and Adrian still follows up now 12 months down the track.
I have spread spread his name and the word Solar to all my friends and about 5 have followed through.

Installation will happen after lockdown

Adrian turned up last Thursday when lockdown was announced, wasn't worth starting then.
Quote was quick and the system was explained fully to me

Very happy customer

Urban renewables, arrived on time, polite, tidy, and knowledgeable, especially Jol who came out to do the initial assessment. Fitted the system in a day and addressed our concerns regarding visibility from the road. The Customer service team (Ana) were very helpful both in arranging the timing of installation and providing all the paper work for connection to the grid. Globird contacted us within 24 hours thanks to Ana's e-mail and we are now up and running getting credit from United within 10 days from installation. Production is matching the planned production for the time of year.

Thanks to Solar Quotes for the recommendation and to Urban Renewables for a quality installation.

Great customer service and advice.

Adrian at Urban Renewables was very helpful and gave us choices to suit our needs and wants. Installation was quick and clean, with plenty of communication as to start time etc.

Excellent service all the way.

Installation was fantastic. Adrian is an excellent tradie and certainly knew his stuff. I was kept updated the whole time and you could see he took pride in his work. I cannot rate him highly enough. Thoroughly recommend his services. Thanks

Excellent work!

* Decision about the configuration of the system, system size, quotes etc. was excellent. Sean was very helpful and quickly responded to numerous emails and requests I had for him.
* Installation was quick and clean.
* I'm not yet "connected" to my provider to get the FIT, but it's not the companies responsibility as well. They've sent my supplier all the required documents, explained the process and instructed me about what to do.

--- So how's the system?
* 4.4KW system.
* Price was 3K$ after installation + 1.85K$ government interest-free loan for 4 years. (So total ~5K$)
* Using the monitoring app, you can know "when" to run appliances, how much watt each one takes and try to build a
"schedule" that will maximise power savings.
* The Enphase system isn't cheap, but it's still worth it IMO. (I have multiple splits on my roof, shading and other issues). Additionally, consumption monitoring really makes you notice how much energy you use and try to reduce it.
* So far We've saved 4 trees (2 Weeks with the system). It's nice knowing you're helping a bit with the climate crisis.

Bottom line: very happy with Urban renewables and the overall process.

Highly Recommended

Urban Renewables was excellent to deal with from quote to installation. The advice and design were based on need and not upselling. The installation crew was on time, courteous, tidy completing the job in a day. Communication from the office was responsive and helpful. Very happy with our new Solar system. Have recommended Urban Renewables to friends considering solar.

Micro Inverter Solar System

Absolutely satisfied with the purchase of micro inverter solar system from Urban Renewables. Very professional installation by Greg and team who were very courteous. Adrian has been a pleasure to deal with throughout the process, both before and after the installation. Would definitely recommend to friends.

very happy with urban renewables

It all went well from initial contact to explanation of options to installation

Excellent installer

Very easy to deal with. Lots of technical information and the installation was quick and very professional. An all Aussi crew ensures a high standard of workmanship. I could fully recommend them form a domestic install.

Original Review on 05-06-2020:

Solar Install - Urban

Sales and quoting was prompt and process explained

Good installation, prompt attendance and good cleanup

Good explanation of process post install to grid connection.

8 months later we asked Trev: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Exceeded expectations. Can't believe how much we are saving each month.

Quality installation

I’ve had a 14.4kw solar panel system using enphase micro inverters . This has been supplemented with the installation of 2x Tesla Powerwall batteries.
Adrian and his team did a neat and professional installation. The team were onsite and careful not to break any roof tiles and also did neat installation and cabling. The team were always courteous and prompt . Certification was quick and efficient.

Excellent customer service and support

Excellent customer service and follow up support for rebate application. Professional and efficient installation. Great explanation
of system and pros & cons of different options. Highly recommended.

Original Review on 26-05-2020:

Very impressive

The installers arrived on time; were employed directly by the company; and everything was completed in 1 day.

After-sales service was excellent: the Electrical Inspector arrived well within the specified period and much to my surprise, even the electricity wholesaler completed their work within 48 hours, rather than a possible 30 days. While the system has only been in full operation for a week or so, everything to do with this job has been completed perfectly and I highly recommend Urban Renewables Pty. Ltd.

8 months later we asked Jen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It hasn't quite performed to expectations but that's neither the system's fault, nor the installer's. I have too many trees! However, once autumn begins and the full 12 month-cycle is completed, I suspect I will invest in some additional panels.

Original Review on 17-05-2020:

Fantastic installer and company.

Very very happy with the overall experience with Urban Renewables and Greg great company and great bloke. Original ratings

8 months later we asked DARYL: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it has so far, I'm just waiting to see my next Electricity bill to see how it's gone over a fairly hot summer.

Trustworthy local installer

Very happy with this solar company.
They gave us good information and advice about what system to have installed and answered all questions.
Excellent installation job. High quality products used. System up and running with excellent output. They helped us with all the admin to have it connected. There was torrential rain the day after install and no roof leaks!
Price was mid-range compared to several other quotes, we are always happy to pay a bit more for good service from local trades.

Great Local Company and Workmanship

The whole process has been a good experience for us even through the COVID lockdown. Adrian was easy to talk to and had a wealth of knowledge to impart which made our decision on the type of system for our circumstance, albeit a little more expensive, but in the end the right choice after he helped us with all the pros and cons and system comparisions. In fact the three companies I dealt with via the SolarQuotes website were all very helpful and not pushy at all. One other I conntacted before I discovered SolarQuotes was downright abusive when I told them I was using someone else.The whole team are helpful and took everything out of our hands as far as paperwork and getting connected to the grid. The workmanship is first rate and everything looks very neat as the inspector confirmed that he can never fault their work. We look forward to many years of being comfortable in the knowledge we are not pilaging and polluting the environment as we were.

Very Happy

Urban Renewables are experts and provide a high quality install. I am very happy with my solar. Adrian, Joel and Ana were all fantastic to deal with. I would highly recommend.

Excellent service

The Urban Renewables team were very helpful in discussing the right system and booking it in. They were not at all pushy with their marketing; a stark contrast to many other providers. The installation was done very punctually and they have done a very neat job. Throughout the whole process they have been very easy to contact and helpful with all queries. The service has been outstanding through the whole process (deciding on the right system, assisting with applying for the government rebates, booking, installation, setting up feed-in tariffs with the local distributer, checking in after installation). Highly recommended.

Fantastic Team, System, Installation, Price and Follow-up

Before the quote Adrian explained all the options and tradeoffs really clearly, and Joel came around for a site inspection and determined how many panels could be fitted.

The system we agreed upon maximised the available space on our roof (we managed 6.66kW of panels), used premium products (Fronius inverter, Longi panels, Radiant rails) and provided excellent guarantees (10 years workmanship, 5 years whole of system). The price was highly competitive.

The installation was trouble free, the team were tidy, punctual, polite, professional and friendly. They did an excellent job - our roof looks great! The inspector was very impressed with the installation.

The team also gave advice on organising the grid connection and choosing a better value electricity retailer.

Couldn't be happier with the performance of the system so far. September's electricity bill came to the princely sum of $16!

I also purchased the Fronius Smart Meter which I love, as I can track the power the panels are generating and switch on appliances accordingly. I can also check the electricity bill, and monitor our return on investment.

I would thoroughly recommend Urban Renewables.

Great solar service by Urban Renewables.

Competitive and easy to understand quote with inverter/panels size options. Installation was prompt and professional. I'm very happy with the overall process.

Have had on for about a month now, great experience from start to finish.

from first contact to installation, Adrian was very good in explaining the system options and then putting it on the roof himself. quick installation, ood to know our solar is now humming along!

Excellent service and highly recommend

Installation was great. They were on time, efficient and left the place spotless.

Adrian in the office was extremely helpful and assisted with all paperwork which made the process a lot easier.

Would highly recommend.

Very good and helpful installer

Adrian helped me sort through issues with Powercor and cut absolutely no corners with a well-thought-out and clean install.

Installation by Urban Renewables

Very impressed with the whole team:
Adrain for quoting and advice
Joel for his advice, expertise and attention to detail
Ana for her efficiency and help with what was to be done.
A great team who were very customer focused and wanting a great outcome for me, the customer

Happy customer

I have been very happy with Urban Renewables. They were the only company to attend our house prior to quoting, and the plan / location of panels and choice of panels/system made more sense to us. They have backed this up with polite, efficient installation and very helpful after sales advice. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Local top of the tree quality

A simple quoting system so easy compared to the sales tactics of other installers. Adrian contacted me direct and ran through the details. They had one of the better quotes on good quality panels + inverter. 6.6KW panels into 5KW inverter due to roof aspects. Installers came when scheduled and were more than happy to discuss inverter location pros and cons. Installation was very clean and neat, cleared up everything afterwards. They had to spend a bit of extra time on fuse panel to make space for the Smart meter, so install took 1.5 days. Very friendly and I talked with them about the install. two different Inspectors came, the Government inspector said the install was very good.
It has been working perfectly for the last 2 months now.

Professional Operators

Urban Renewables were recommended through a friend.

Extremely professional attitude and service, punctual, friendly, old fashioned deliver as promised no fuss.

Quoting was simple and fast. Installation was super smooth, tidy and efficient. Left everything as they found it, rubbish removed, no sign of them remaining other than a very neat PV system.

Customer service and assistance after installation fantastic, prompt and very helpful, inspections and connection process monitored by UR with instructions on steps right through the process.

Cannot speak highly enough about a great experience, thank you Adrian & team!

Original Review on 05-08-2019:

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been worth installing. Our bills are always in credit since having solar panels, we are waiting for the winter months to see what our bills are like, bearing in mind that the days are getting greyer

Urban renewables were great at every step of the process.

Stayed in touch with me via email on design and Government Rebate process. Accurate quoting, turned up on time to install. Good after sales service with installing software to monitor. Very impressed.

Great Installation and Installer easy to deal with.

I dealt with one of the two owners during quoting and they (Adrian) were very helpful. I was provided with a choice of panel brand, Inverter brand and providd their pricing in a table format for easy comparison by me.
Their team arrived on the day as arranged and installed the panels, cabling, Inverter and Fronius Meter ( the price below does include the $350 charged for the add-on Fronius Meter, that I requested ), completing and leaving the site clean and tidy at day's end.
The Inverter was installed in my garage (my choice) so I was pleased with that outcome as well.
Post-installation service was also great with Ana managing electrical inspection and submitting outcomes through the portal.
The Electrical Inspector passed their quality of work and signed off on 1st visit - quite pleasing.
It was easy decision for me to rate them five out of five.
Would not hesitate to recommend Urban Renewables (Seemless, worry-free and pride in their workmanship)

Excellent service

Urban Renewables did our rooftop solar installation and meter upgrade in January. They were very responsive to all our queries during the quote process and did an excellent job on installation itself. They worked cleanly and efficiently and were pleasant to have on site. It seemed very good value for all the work they did. Their 'after-care' with getting the meter switched over etc has also been attentive.

Original Review on 02-07-2019:

Very knowledgeable people, responsive. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, power bills have been reduced significantly - in fact have been in credit for each bill from October 2019 to February 2020. So they are performing really well.

Superb Customer Service, Excellent workmanship, Very Professional

We are 100% happy with our installation after 5 months in operation. Adrian and his team provide a quality service at great prices. The whole transaction was seamless and they are always willing to help, even after the system installation.

Fantastic team!

Great team, it never felt like I was getting pushed into things or talked into getting something I don’t need. The communication and support especially around obtaining the Vic solar rebate was exceptional and very much appreciated. Great follow up.

Original Review on 27-05-2019:

I had had 4 previous quotes on solar systems but none were competitive.
Urban Renewables made contact with me the day I requested information and within 2 hours I had received a call from Rory. He provided an accurate quote within 2 hours using Google Maps and Near Maps and I ended up being able to afford a larger and better system then I had thought based on previous quotes.
On the day of installation, they turned up as planned, the system was installed and was working that day. The rest of the paperwork has also been submitted for me too.
As a new user of solar, I know that I could call if I had any questions as their customer service continues after installation if needed.

8 months later we asked Sarah: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Been a great 8 months learning about my top solar panels. A few problems with my local distributor initially due to high voltages in the incoming electricity but this was resolved quickly with the support of Urban Renewables and the Energy Ombudsman. I can now report my first minus $60 bill with a few small changes in the way I manage laundry, dishwasher and other household activites that consume power. Delighted!

Original Review on 18-04-2019:

The company is based in Melbourne but the installer is local, very professional and very obliging! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ron: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great engagement

I'm very happy with our interactions with Urban Renewables and they were very accommodating to our needs and timeline. We were in the middle of a second storey extension and the panels were installed on the new flat roof. Urban Renewables turned up on schedule, worked well with the other trades and performed their work flawlessly.

Adrian provided excellent customer services, answering all our questions and was prompt with responses, even following up on the weekend.

Visited site good quality of work

Professional attended site no pressure quality products and the install was done professionally would recommend Urban renewals
Note have recommend solarquotes to work mates

Excellent service

This company was a local company that worked so well with me from that first phone call to a follow up email a month after installation to check my meter had been changed over. Cannot recommend them more highly.
If you what someone to actually come out and get on your roof for a quote and inspection these are your guys.

Professional and efficient

Urban Renewables came out and quoted on a Saturday and advised us through the process to apply for the State rebate. Installation of 16 LG 350 Solar Panels with Enphase Micro Inverters (IQ7) on to our steel roof was all done in 1 day; the installers were friendly and efficient, cleaned up and completed all of their work that day. We are able to see what the panels are generating every day and so far it has been above expectations. We have 7 panels facing North and 9 facing West, the North facing start work at around 0700 and are most effective. Recommend Urban Renewables to people who want the job done properly. The quote was competitive with other installers' similar systems.

Highly recommended

Extremely happy with the service we received from all staff members. They are not pushy like many other solar companies and give great advice