Aussie Farmers Group Pty Ltd

Aussie Farmers Group Pty Ltd Reviews

Aussie farmers group is a South Australian family owned and operated Solar Company. All coming from farming backgrounds, we pride ourselves in our integrity and customer service. With so much mis-information in the solar industry, our advice is straight shooting, we won’t sell you a system we wouldn’t want ourselves.

Aussie Farmers group is proud to be a Clean Energy Council Accredited Retailer. This means you can be confident you will be receiving a high quality, safe and reliable solar system, installed by our Clean Energy Council Accredited Installers.

Reviewers report paying: $4,990 - $6,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Aussie Farmers Group Pty Ltd Reviews (33)

Shegra Eudunda

Great experience so far. Job not finished yet. No meter installed.

My solar experience

Very happy with our experience with AFG Solar, would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone on the Eyre Peninsula looking @ solar

Phil & Sandra

Very Happy Customer!

Highly recommend AFG Solar to anyone on the EP. Fantastic service and back up. System working perfectly in Port Neill, SA. Very happy customer!

Nigel

Thanks Nigel for your help installing solar so promptly well done

Solar upgrade

Quoting process was efficient and while it was the last of our 3 quotes to come in that was fine because we were being kept informed that research was being undertaken on what combination of panels/battery/inverter would work and the end result was the most detailed quote along with follow-up call to ensure we understood why the items recommended were the most appropriate for our needs.
Once terms were agreed the installation was very prompt and inside the time window offered during the quote process. The team doing the install were on time, polite, provided info on what they were doing and why. They left the site clean and tidy.
A couple of follow-ups were required after the install to get monitoring software operational but now working fine and largely due to personnel absences as holiday period was immediately following the install.

Original Review on 12-05-2021:

Very capable installer

Very pleased with everything relating to the installer and installation Original ratings

8 months later we asked George: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Friendly, helpful and professional from start to finish

We contacted the company and salesperson came out the next day, very friendly and knowledgeable about the products and installation. Waiting time for installation was only 3 weeks and was done in a prompt and professional way. Everything was pretty much organised for us including contacting of the power retailer to fit a new digital meter. After installation the salesperson came around to check to see if we were happy with the job and if we had any questions.

Original Review on 27-04-2021:

Always keeled updated what was happened and this was a 5 star service

they help organise the grid connection, received txt messages and phone calls to keep things up to date Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoffrey : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The Aussie Solar System that we had installed works great

Fantastic company

We have just had the 13.32kw system Goodwe inverters Longi panels installed.

Its been a great experience throughout the full process, from quotes, finical support, installation and follow up, so I can highly recommend Aussie Farmers Group Solar to anyone wanting Solar On the Eyre Peninsula.

Recommend them on the ep

Very easy to get along with and quick with getting here and installing

Excellent, good value , excellent service

Very professional quoting and installation
I have five 6.6kw solar units all from Aussie Farmers
They are all working perfectly

Pretty good.

Pretty good guys were very polite and courteous
Even took time out of there smoko time to lift a bathtub for me five stars.

Fantastic!! Amazing service all round. Highly recommend.

Right from the get go, Aussie Farmers were just amazing. Answered promptly and all my queries. So helpful. All installed before time. I highly recommend them without a doubt.

Very happy with the service

The farmers group was fantastic to deal with. We have bought 2 systems from them, 1 in early 2020 and a second in late 2021. First install was fast and efficient, they took care of all the technical stuff, like organising the grid connection after install and helping us update our meter in our outdated electrical box, which was great for us. Although we waited a while for our second install (much couldn’t be helped, unpredictable weather and delays with materials, covid related), Nigel kept us in the loop, ringing us each week with updates on the install, so polite and helpful. Also set up all of our monitoring apps for us so we can monitor the systems, which is great to see.

They where accomodation with the installation and even after we had changed our minds on where we wanted our panels. They left our property tidy and you wouldn’t have knowns they had been there. Overall great people to work with.

Original Review on 03-02-2021:

A satisfactory experience all round.

Early days yet but happy so far - very pleasant team to work with. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great Installers done a neat job and left everything clean and tidy

Sales was clear and informative and ran through process of best options

Very happy so far

All good, some delays due to weather, but all done now. Friendly installers, all done in a day, happy so far.

Great company to deal with

Quoting process was really good, there was a slight delay in getting all 3 but only by 1 week due to unforeseen circumstances which couldn't be avoided. All companies were very forthcoming with communication of what was happening.

Installation was professional tidy and quick.

That was a little disappointing i thought that the moment they left it was pumping power back into the grid but i got a text just this week from AGL saying they need to reconfigure our meter so i don't even know if we have been getting the value from our solar panels for the past couple of weeks. This may have been a misunderstanding on my part though I'm not sure.

Original Review on 21-10-2020:

Highly Recommend AFG

* Good information & advice from Michael & Scott re their suggested solar / battery system
* Great installation team led by Tom Parker. Tom has excellent knowledge of the practical & technical aspects of solar
panel & battery installation & connection.
* Installation team were very competent & thorough in all aspects of the installation .... organised & tidy
* AFG will initiate the changeover of the existing smart meter & grid connection
* I have no hesitation in recommending Aussie Farmers Group to anyone looking to install a solar & battery system.

8 months later we asked Tommy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

ABSOLUTELY ... WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND AUSSIE FARMERS GROUP STAFF & PRODUCT.

Aussie Farmers group, great system thanks

Thank you, Aussie Farmers Group Solar, on the solar system installed, this really helps to offset my power cost, the solar + battery costs, using a 10KW solar and 15KW storage battery, during the summer a negative balance in my account to cover my winter cost, for the first 81 days my grid use was about 75kwh, (mmm someone left the oven on overnight) credit of $520 output of 5KW to the grid per hour, this is going to have a long term benefit will past the time i finish paying for the solar system, Aussie farmers group recommended I join Discover Energy, which I joined their VPP Smart network with awesome solar feed in tariff rates,
on the install they were very professional the workers will manned.
thank you for a great job overall.

Why a 15KW battery, my daily total power average is 32KW per day over the last 4 years, after 81 days my battery usage has been about 85%, total self-sufficiency of 96% since install, and a grid input of 3000plus KW

Great Installers, Great Company to Deal with

Nigel for Aussie Farmers Group contacted me via text first and then followed up with a Phone Call and then came to our house, he was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable about his product, Installation was arranged for the week before Christmas the Installers were on time and and done a fantastic job installing the whole system, very happy and satisfied and would highly recommend Aussie Farm Solar to anyone

Good company to deal with

Only problem was 6.6kw system could not be installed when they discovered the cable size to grid was insufficient diameter for 160m distance from supply pole so only 4kw ended up being installed
Otherwise could not fault their service

Easy to deal with

Easy to deal with and very friendly locally based staff. On site inspection before our quote and system was installed very quick after we agreed.

Great all round Installers

All were terrific and efficient Very professional and know exactly what we required of the installation

Great service. Thorough quote. Local and very approachable

still waiting install as there was an issue with my roof which the installer made me aware. They are liasing with the builder before install can go ahead

More than happy

Hi Finn!

You must have read my mind. I started an email to you the other day but didn't finish it.

Yes we did go ahead and it was installed on Thursday. Had to leave before they had finished and haven't been home since.

You recommended Aussie Farmers Solar Group who we got in touch with. Michael came and had a look and gave us a price. We contacted two other companies, one of them came and had a look and gave us a quote, the other wanted to give us a price without looking. We told them not to bother.

Originally we went with second company, even though they were dearer and a smaller system as my partner liked the idea that they said their panels were made in Sth Aust.

However we didn't like the way they were handling things especially with the finance from their own company.

I gave Michael a call (Aussie Farmers) and gave them the job. Rang finance company they recommended and approved straight away unlike the back and forth with the other one.

Was booked in for the 14th Sept but Michael rang at 4pm on the 9th and asked if they could do it next morning.

They arrived at 7.30 and I was impressed with the work ethics and organisation of the installers. The person in charge recommended putting optimizers on 6 of the panels which we agreed to. Michael's wife rang us at 11.30 to say that they were finished.

Over all were extremely happy.

I'm positive that if we have any problems they will be rectified immediately.

Thanks for your reccomendation.

All good so far.

From your recommendation I rang Aussie Farmers they came inspected the property and gavevme a quote. The quote seemed reasonable and i said go ahead but unfortunately they were busy and couldn't start till a couple of days ago. The installers were polite and professional but cancsay more as they haven't finished job and Origin have still not put in the new meter.

Really happy with the way Aussie Farmers Group quoted and installed the solar system

A sales representative came to my house, checked out the best place for the solar panels and gave me a quote. The installation was done quickly without any problems. The workers and electrician were very polite,tidy and the job completed quickly. The office staff organized with my supplier the grid connection. I received an email from them and had to organize a new plan with solar rebate included. I was connected within 10 days of signing up. Very happy with Aussie Farmers Group.

great installer

the sales and quoting process was good they were very polite tidy and very punctual on the day the service was really good and they helped organise the grid connection

Original Review on 13-04-2019:

Have only just moved into the new place, so it’s not installed yet. Aussie Solar have been very easy to deal with. They seem to know what they’re talking about, and seem pretty genuine. I don’t feel they’d rip us off. We’ve only just had roof measured up (only just got the keys) and should be getting it installed in the next five weeks. Original ratings

Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Thomas: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with the system. Have been comparing it with similar-sized systems in the town, and regularly outperform them by a few kilowatts a day.

Original Review on 04-01-2019:

We are going ahead with an Alpha-Ess 5.7kw Battery.
Has not been installed yet as we have been away so cannot rate the installer at this stage.

Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, very happy no problems.

very quick with installation, and lots of information easy to understand

very positive , yes all the installation done very tidily, all waste materials removed, all workers very easy to talk to and kept busy, no dilly dallying on the job. grid connection organised and we had to follow up.