Clipsal Solar

Clipsal Solar Reviews

From the beginning, this iconic Australian brand has stood for innovation and advanced electrical engineering. Today, Clipsal enjoys leadership positions in data communications, energy management, industrial infrastructure, home control systems, building management systems and cable management solutions.

At Clipsal by Schneider Electric, we create products and solutions designed to suit every lifestyle.

Bringing life to your home, we make living easier, more comfortable and enjoyable for you and your family. At the same time, we're aware of the need to create technology for a changing world. With ever-increasing stresses on the environment, it's important to harness and use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner.

Clipsal Solar is a Schneider Electric venture dedicated to reducing the cost and impact of electricity bills in Australian homes. By working with you to better understand your energy needs today and, in the future, we can design a smart solar solution that manages and maximises the use of solar energy, resulting in even greater energy and cost savings. At the same time, we do not comprise of product quality and warranty and carefully match the performance of the grid inverter for optimum performance and reliability.

We use the highest-grade components including premium European made inverters, solar panels from the Silicon Module Super League of solar PV manufacturers, as well as premium brands such as Q-Cells and LG and circuit protection equipment by Clipsal, in Australia since 1920.

You can feel confident that you have made the right choice with Clipsal Solar:

• Trusted and bankable brand formed in 1920 and has grown to be the largest electrical brand in Australia.
  • We only use industry leading premium products sourced from reputable and global manufacturers of solar equipment with an extensive technical support and service network in Australia.
  • We only employ professional installers that are CEC Accredited and Licensed Electrical Contractors, and we provide you an Electrical Certificate of Compliance on completion of the installation, and industry leading, 5-year workmanship warranty.
  • We are not affiliated to or part of any Electricity Retailer, our ongoing energy advice is completely independent and impartial.
  • We use your actual electricity bills to right size the solar system to ensure that any solar system you install is the optimum size to dramatically reduce your energy costs with the least upfront cost.
  • We provide you a detailed written quotation, with all the equipment listed by brand and type, a solar PV layout so you can visualise how the solar PV will look on your home, along with the predicted energy and cost savings before you install the solar system.
  • Every solar PV system comes with a Clipsal Pulse monitoring platform, so you measure your solar performance from any smart device, from anywhere in the world and at any time.
  • We are a truly bankable company, that is financially strong with diverse operations, to be there for the lifetime of your solar system.

Reviewers report paying: $3,290 - $9,627 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Clipsal Solar Reviews (94)

Excellent Service

From the 3 quotes, the first was much this is the best for you.
The second was these are your options call me if you want.
The successful one from CLIPSAL was we are here to assist you and I am available. The three offerors where asked to come to my home and they all did.
CLIPSAL was not the cheapest one, but did tick all the boxes, I received the first lot of options with maximum detail, and every question was answered promptly with a full new quote incorporating my new options. I settled for one which was well above the price of the previous quotes but was the most comprehensive and included most of what I wanted. From then on once I paid the deposit it was incredible service. The system was installed yesterday and received several emails from different people from CLIPSAL providing further information and details with "where to from here".
I don't know how one values the service of a supplier in money terms but if one can afford a bit extra there is a great service behind it.
Thank you people from CLIPSAL, great service!

Smooth Install

The sales and quoting was easy with the sales person very responsive to any question.
The install guys arrived on time, were polite and friendly and left my place clean and tidy.
Grid connection was done for me, links provided to download the monitoring software that was easy install.

Lengthy frustrating experience

The sales and quoting was very competitive but once signed up communication seemed to have ceased. Numerous emails and phone calls to find out what was happening and when. From sign up to final install took 4 months and became extremely frustrating as I had paid for a system and wasn’t reeling the benefits of it.

I also had to contact my energy supplier to get the smart meter installed which further delayed benefiting from have solar installed

Great guys (and gal) did a great job

Overall I was pretty happy with Clipsal Solar. They could have kept me a little more up to date about the date for the install (it was a wet weather period....), but other than that pretty good. The post installation support has been great which has improved their customer service score :)

Clipsal Solar 13.3kW PV Install

Really great bunch of staff to deal with - sales, install and post install service. Easy to contact, professional, polite and knowledgeable. They looked after all aspects of our installation, including assistance with solar monitoring app, Clipsal Pulse - which we love. Install took slightly longer than expected but the quality of work is excellent. Very tidy and efficient installation, keeping us informed at each step.

Very impressed

Quick quotation response, took into account the quality aspect and quoted on panels and inverters I had researched and liked the look of.
Installation was done extremely quickly, within 3 weeks of initial contact, and I'm really happy they could do that as we had full scaffolding up already due to a roof renovation. Additional time would have meant keeping scaff up at vast cost for longer, so this was a key factor too.
Top marks for the installer, Anthony and his crew did a great job, finished a huge 10.2kW system on a very steep roof in 2 days, and somehow we had the inspection done literally the day after, still with scaff up. So we were up and running, with Pulse online the following week.
Enjoying using the Pulse app every day to track how we're going.
Top marks all around.

Great customer service

Chose this company as it was backed up by a solid parent company, Schneider. Very customer service, always responsive with any of my questions. Install was as per what was agreed and very efficient. Also love that they had their own monitoring system similar to Solar Analytics and that was included as part of the system.

Knowledgable sales staff and good installer

The sale/quoting process was great. Anosh from Sales was very quick to get back to me immediately after going through Solar Quotes. He provided me with a standard system or a more premium, larger system which I opted for in the end. He was able to answer all my questions and was very quick to reply via email/call when required.

The installation logisitics was a disappointing part of my process. The installation date was changed 4 times either due to equipment not being available or delivered, or lack of communication with the installer. Clipsal apologised and compensated me for this which showed me they valued me as a customer and were keen to rectify the problem.

The installation went smoothly. The installer Josh was great and explained all aspects of the install. He was polite, punctual and tidy. He even returned the next day to help me with some cosmetic touch-ups.

The post installation customer service has been excellent. I received a call on the Clipsal monitoring app and how to analyse the data. They also provide a review of the electricity bill 3 months post install and recommend whether a provider change would result in further savings.

Overall very happy with the install apart from the cancelled installation dates.

Great Work

Polite, friendly installers. Worked efficiently , cleaned up well and took all rubbish away.

Great service! Easy to deal with.

Very polite people from start to finish, highly recommend their services.
They do have mobile app to monitor live solar/power usage which I love.

Great system and support

Clipsal Solar offered a great system at an affordable rate. The Pulse system is also a very useful feature.

Original Review on 05-07-2020:

Gotta love Solar

Started with Solar Quotes— lots of good information to assist those contemplating Solar. Received 3 quotes and opted for Clipsal Solar. They weren’t the cheapest but invested most time during the sales process. Project manager contacted us prior to install to let us know what to expect on the day. Install team turned up on time and completed installation in a very professional manner. No issues whatsoever. Just need to get the new meter installed so we can fire up the system. Original ratings

Dear Bob

Thank you for your honest feedback and choosing Clipsal Solar as your energy partner and advisor. We aim to build this ongoing relationship through our Clipsal Pulse App and your dedicated Customer Success Manager who will keep a close eye on your solar system health.

8 months later we asked Bob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

So, my last bill which represented the Oct/Nov/Dec/ quarter, I actually received a nett credit from Energy Australia-- Nothing to pay for the entire quarter. That is with my pool pump running in the daytime hours and not really changing our usage patterns, other than trying to make the most of the sunshine hours. So the system has exceeded all expectations. My only regret is that I didn't do this 5 yrs ago!!!

Fantastic customer service

Clipsal Solar have been extremely professional all the way through. I was able to learn a lot during the process which took some months as there is a lot to learn. I feel confident we made the best choice.

Very helpful and friendly customer service, great installation

Everything went very smoothly, and we couldn't be happier to finally get solar panels. Can't wait to start reaping the savings.

Great Service

I was initially drawn to Clipsal Solar due to the trusted name, and history within Australia.
From first contact with a customer service representative, the process felt personalised and concise. The rep was willing to make an initial suggestion from my usage data, and needs/wants for the future. We then worked through budgetary and panel/inverter brand concerns to come to a combination that would be a fit for me.
The standard inclusion of the Clipsal Pulse (Powered by Solar Analytics) app was another big plus, and once installed it has been such a step up from the standard basic inverter app.

Install was completed by a local company DQ Electrical (Also listed on Solarquotes, Platinum rated) over a two day period due to poor weather. The staff were punctual, well spoken, and communicated clearly as on the day there needed to be a change to the initial panel layout.

Clipsal Solar customer service were there every step of the way, from; Initial grid connection approval, meter alteration application, and an introduction to the Clipsal Pulse app.

Excellent Service and Smooth Process

Clipsal Solar has made the process of installing Solar Panels a real breeze. Having received all my quotes, I decided to go with Clipsal not just based on the name but the services I have received in the past on other products. The Pulse analytical app which was provided at no additional cost allows me to monitor home power usage in near real-time so I can adjust it based on the conditions. Other companies that quoted charged extra for this service.

Having been out of a 6months VIC lockdown as well as the Christmas and New Year break, the Operations team exceeded my expectation of installing the system within the agreed timeframe. The install team came on time, were polite and did a great job installing the system. Clipsal also dealt with all the forms and paperwork and submit them in a timely manner.

Overall, would highly recommend Clipsal Solar.

Happy customer

Happy with the service from Clipsal solar and in particular Chris who completed the installation, good communication and a neat & tidy installation job, definitely recommended

Worth paying for quality

I had 3 quotes all similarly priced , I selected Clipsal as I am familiar with the Clipsal products, the solar plus app Clipsal included with the installation convinced me

All aspects of the quoting , installation and follow up customer service has been first class
I was impressed by the level of involvement that the installation team showed in their work. They were determined to make this a positive experience for us and went out off their way to make sure we were kept informed at all stages of the process.
Everything was explained in detail, with each stage of the installation photographed. The team took pride in their work which is always a good sign fo the consumer.

Complete satisfaction

From my first enquire with Clipsal Solar to the numerous follow up calls form Mirra Radjaradjane I have found all the service to be excellent

The whole process from start to finish was very smooth. We would highly recommend Clipsal Solar. The customer service post commencement is all excellent

The whole process from start to finish was very smooth. We would highly recommend Clipsal Solar. The customer service post completion is also excellent

Very Positive Experience in Adelaide

Building a new home we chose to have Solar, with Battery. We obtained several quotes. While visiting Clipsal to discuss lighting selections, the lady asked if we needed Solar.... We had no idea Clipsal had a Solar Department. An appointment was made with Karan, who was extremely helpful in quietly explaining to two novices in their 70's, how it all worked, and what savings we would get. Highly recommend Karan.
Then a time was made for installation by Installers, DQ Electrical, first for a Pre Wire, then a final install. They adjusted to suit the Builder, and gave excellent service.
Followup by Mirra at Clipsal on how to work with the Pulse App. She was so patient and helpful and it is lovely to know we have a "real" person to speak to once we move in.
Overall, the Clipsal Solar experience went very smoothly, and would recommend the company. But I do believe that very few people are aware of Clipsal Solar in South Australia.... we have never seen any advertising at all.
Dean and Yvonne Bendall

Very happy

Straight forward sales/quoting process
Installation was quick once a date was booked in; tidy.
Customer service was great

Solar installation

The consultant involved was excellent and very informative. The installers worked as a team, were polite and got on with the job in an efficient manner. The were helpful and cleaned up after the install.

Solar Solution Provided

Salesperson was knowledgeable and flexible with changes requested by us, seeing the need for several updated quotes.
3 quotes were obtained from different providers, with all being relatively similar on price. Key factors in selecting Clipsal Solar were the strength of the underlying company Schneider Electric) providing comfort they will still be trading in 5 years, and the proposed after sales service/app.
Clipsal Solar also assisted by locating a business to remove the existing pool solar system. This was not initially completed to our satisfaction, so Clipsal Solar made the works good and end result was fine.
The installation process went very smoothly, with regular phone/email communication leading up to the works. Tradespeople were polite, punctual and tidy (not always the case with tradies!), including removal of all rubbish (e.g. cardboard boxes).
After sales service has been excellent with staff prepared to spend time to respond to queries around app and choice of retailer.
In summary, we were very happy with Clipsal Solar and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Very professional

Excellent quote and service. Installation team great. Excellent customer service from Clipsal.
Value for money will be determined over the next few years!!

A great experience all round

I really appreciated speaking with a qualified technician during the quoting process rather than a salesperson. My questions were answered with the right amount of information, not too technical but not too basic. I was most impressed that they actually listened when I said I was interested in a mid-range system rather than trying to sell me the cheapest, providing me with 2 quotes to compare.
Our panels were installed promptly on the date advised. The team who installed them told us what they needed from us clearly and politely.
Post-installation service has been great. A session was booked in to run me through the monitoring app and grid connection was arranged by them on our behalf.
Highly recommend!!

High quality and very professional

The sales and quoting process from Clipsal Solar was excellent. Good communication all the way through. The quote that I got was very competitive.
The installation team from DQ Electrical were very professional. They came on time and the staff were polite and very helpful. They left the property very clean and tidy.
Customer service have also been first class! Mirra contacted me and guided me to install the App for consumption monitoring. She even help me to compare the electricity supplier out there and make sure I'm in a good position. I'm very happy with the services from Clipsal Solar.
I will recommend Clipsal Solar to my friends.

Excellent before and after sale services.

After looking around and did my research with several providers. Clipsal's products, prices and the overall package were outstanding. The consultation and quotation process gave me an impression of their professionalism and reliability. While there are those comparable systems that are cheaper, I couldn't risk it with what issues might come after and if I would still find them in the next couple years.

Communication with customers is their strength. I received updates from Clipsal on my order and the installation plan, and numerous phone calls and emails after the installation to follow up and even gave me tips to chase for smart metre replacement and negotiate for better deals with electricity retailers.

The only negative experience I had is couple dents on my tin roof from the installation. The issue was reported, and they responded quickly to assess and provide viable solution.

So far, I am very happy with my decision to go with Clipsal and their products.

Great service from Clipsal Solar

Great sales team, installed on the scheduled day.
Very friendly team of installers,ran us through the system and left everything clean and tidy.
Would recommend Clipsal Solar to all my family and friends.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

So far so good

We chose Clipsal Solar for our new solar panels installation. Our choice was partly based on the company name / reputation and partly on the many positive reviews.

Our experience, so far, has been outstanding. There was a bit of a delay regarding the actual installation which was likely due to the roll-on effects of the pandemic on production lines.

The whole process has been painless and clear with Clipsal Solar readily available to answer any queries. We did not encounter any "hard sell" behaviour which was a relief in this age of marketing aggression.

The actual installation was smooth and extremely fast. Professional and friendly crew who left no mess behind. The process to inform our electricity provider of the new installation was clearly explained and easy to follow.

The Clipsal Solar Pulse app is a gold mine of information. It is fascinating to watch, in real time, how much energy is being produced, how much is consumed and how much is fed back to the grid. I am sure that as time goes by and we get a feel of how to better manage our power needs with the help of the app it will be beneficial to all, consumer and provider both.
I hope that in time batteries will become cheaper to install and more cost effective. Being self-sufficient even during the night hours is a huge incentive especially since we live in a country that is blessed with an abundance of sunshine.

Dear Tony
Thank you for your kind feedback, we are pleased that you have chosen Clipsal Solar backed by our good friends Schneider Electric. Our Pulse App is a wealth of information of solar system owners providing real time data to monitor your system with advanced features such as usage per appliance that will help you manage power better for your needs.

Impressive installation

Sales, installation and service have so far been very impressive. The system as designed is beyond my expectations. Thanks Clipsal for the design and installation.

Smooth installation Process

Very happy with overall installation, except some delays on installation due to some parts were missing to complete at the first day. Otherwise, happy with their process and tracking all the activities. Clipsal called me updates the progress frequently. They are very professional from Sales to post sales. I really recommend them even the price is higher than other companies.

A pleasure to deal with

Anosh, the salesman, provided lots of options and informative advice. Once we made the decision to go ahead with the purchase, Clipsal kept us informed throughout the whole process. The installation team were punctual, polite and professional, and cleaned up after themselves. Very happy with the system.

Seamless

To be honest, there was little difference in consideration of the three quotes other than price. Strangely, I ended up going with the most expensive (though not by much) in Clipsal. I was attracted by the brand name and the decision did not disappoint. From the 'front end' experience with Karan and Soma to the after service attention by Mirra, Clipsal Solar demonstrated its proficiency in this sector. Rav, Josh and all the installer crew from DQ were punctual, respectful, competent and efficient. The experience has been a pleasure.

Clipsal Solar - A great system installed with no issues.

The process from start to finish was easy. Installation took place effortlessly. The installation team was punctual and left the area clean and tidy. Customer service from Clipsal Solar was fantastic. They called and kept me informed during every step of the process. They also appointed a Customer Success Advisor who took me through the app and will continue to be my focal point of contact - Very Impressed!!

Excellent Installation !

Right from the start the Clipsal representitive was very helpful to way up all the quotes to make a confident decision, maintaining solid comunication all the way to the installation, which was a smooth and quick process, the team were courteous and well presented, finnishing in good time. The customer service department did help me with the organising for the grid connection, also the after support has been amazing.

Excellent service from start to end!

The pre-sales team at Clipsal were informative, responsive and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and followed up with emails, and provided quotes on a couple of options. The proposal documents were the best of all companies we went to.

The installation planning and the installation itself were managed really well and I was kept informed throughout. No issues, no delays, and everything looks and works great!

Post install, the customer success team is fantastic! They walked me through using the app, answered all of my questions, and follow up by email.

Overall a brill service, good value for money and a wonderful team.

Very Professional

The whole process was well managed and the customer service was very professional.
The sales process was very informative and I was provided with detailed information around the cost of the product, the cost savings, and the installation process.
The installers arrived on time and kept me informed as to what was happening and what I could expect throughout the time they were installing.
The customer service was helpful, informative and very professional.
The whole process was very easy and hassle free as it was all handled for me and I was regularly updated of the progress and timeline expected.

Efficient installation

Great sales/quote process, efficient and professional installation with regular updates provided throughout the process.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Clipsal Solar

Extremely happy

The quoting process from Karan was very good and nothing was too much trouble to do multiple quotes with different options
Installation team from O'Briens Caringbah were on time, polite and friendly and left the property very clean and tidy
Customer service have been wonderful . Mirra was very helpful especially guiding me to download the Clipsal Pulse App and once the new meter is installed she will make sure that our energy bill is working well for us
Highly recommend the teams

New Customer

Clipsal’s premium quote was competitive and they provided a choice of two systems. I had more confidence in their analysis because they asked for four quarterly bills. Contact with Clipsal and the installer was clear. Both did what they said they’d do. The team was good to deal with onsite. Clipsal arranged the post-installation work with the energy supplier.

Great overall experience and quality components

The sales and quoting process was solid, we had plenty of back and forth on the recommended system and roof configuration but where we landed was exactly what I was after (I'm pretty picky) it took some chasing to get a quote and finalise everything (they seemed busy) but overall I can't fault their process. From a solid monitoring app, to after sales service such as electricity company comparison and follow-up I cannot complain. I did have some issues with rescheduling due to weather, but the installation was completed only 1-day after when they promised. Which was overall very good.

Very happy, would reccommend

Very helpful, knowledgeable and didn't pressure us throughout the quoting process. Were willing to provide multiple quotes for different usage scenarios. Installers were friendly, clean and did a tidy job.

Very professional

After reviewing and comparing many solar companies I decided to go with Clipsal Solar
There pricing was slightly higher than others but given that Clipsal have been around and successful many years it was important that they would be there in the future should anything happen
Anosh and Soma were very responsive and arranged everything and kept me informed of what was happening
The only issue was with the compatibility with the panel board. But to Clipsals credit and professionalism they resolved it quickly

Highly recommend

Thank you, David we are very pleased to have you on board and we are looking forward to providing you with valuable insights to further gain more from the savings!

Great work overall.

Great sales pitch and follow ups. After sales pre install follow ups too are good. Surprise! Installation is outsourced, but to a good vendor, who also happened to give a quote to you. A bit of operational confusion by the installers recce team but the install team finds a solution. So all is well at the end. Clipsal post sales n post install customer service team haven't forgotten you and very good at keeping you informed and at ease. Great work.

Thank you Vinodkumar, we will let the Clipsal Solar Team know of their excellent work and your customer success team will continue to deliver valuable insights and further drive those savings.

Impressed!

At one point post installation something I thought was promised during the sales process didn't seem to be working out as I'd anticipated. But I got onto Mitch and he got it sorted. I know he went the extra mile and that was appreciated. In the end the post installation review worked well and ultimately we swapped retailers and that's saving us money every day. Everyone needs to do their own homework and research based on their circumstances but I've been impressed with Clipsal Solar, their equipment, installation and service.

Thank you Matt, here at Clipsal Solar we always strive to better our best! And we will continue to deliver an insightful experience for you through the Clipsal Pulse App.

Great product, experienced installers?

Great experience throughout very happy with the benefits of having solar.

Dear Alison

We are enthralled to be part of the great experience that you had with solar and will continue to do so . I am certain all our users will see the benefit of Solar due to the custom solutions we provide !

Clipsal Solar - Excellence in Solar Solutions

We recently purchased a 5.28 kW PV system from Clipsal Solar.

This consisted of:

- A Fronius Primo 5.0-1 inverter (10 year warranty)
- 16 Hanwha Q-Cell panels (25 year warranty)
- Clenergy - PV-ezRack SolarRoof mounting system

From the moment I was referred to their friendly sales person they were very helpful and consultative. They listened carefully to my objectives and provided a couple of competitive options initially. We then customised the preferred option further, to accommodate my preference for higher specification panels in my chosen solution. Throughout this process they were always highly responsive and gave excellent advice to ensure I got the right solution.

Once the system had been determined, the contractor from Trill visited our property for the pre-intallation inspection. Once again they were very professional and knowledgable, and provided sound recommendations to ensure that the intallation went smoothly. The system was then installed on the nominated date, without any major adjustments to the original plan.

When Clipsal Solar were unable to source the Fronius 4.0 Inverter that we initially ordered, they upgraded it to the Fronius 5.0 Inverter at no additional cost. In fact the whole system was installed for the agreed price and Energy Australia then installed the Smart Meter for no cost. So their were no nasty surprises.

The nicest surprise has been the excellent customer service that we have received since the system was installed. Not only has the new system already more than halved our electricity usage. We have also been assigned a friendly and helpful Customer Success Advisor who will contnue to monitor our electricity usage and retail plan to help optimise the benefit of our system for years to come.

Even the connection of our system to the grid ran like clockwork, with the contractor from Energy Australia turning up on the advised date and updating our meter in a timely manner.

Once the system was up and running, the Clipsal Pulse app provides an array of useful insights to help us understand our electricity usage patterns better, in order to use energy more efficiently and maximise our savings.

From start to finish (March to August) this has been a well managed and successful process. We have been very impressed by the professionalism of Clipsal Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install a high quality PV solar system.

Thank You Darren for your Earnest feedback. We love enhancing the services of our customers and will continue to do so !!