Clipsal Solar Reviews

About Clipsal Solar, Solar Installers

Clipsal Solar
Gold Partner
Clipsal Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 42 004 969 304  ABN active since 22 Mar 2000 | Schneider Electric (australia) Pty Limited
ACN: 004 969 304  ACN active since 19 Dec 1972 | Schneider Electric (australia) Pty Limited
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 150195C Schneider Electric (australia) Pty Limited

SA: PGE 277599 Schneider Electric Australia Pty Limited

VIC: REC 17615 Schneider Electric (australia) Pty Limited

Reviewers report paying: $4,595 - $9,627 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

From the beginning, this iconic Australian brand has stood for innovation and advanced electrical engineering. Today, Clipsal enjoys leadership positions in data communications, energy management, industrial infrastructure, home control systems, building management systems and cable management solutions.

At Clipsal by Schneider Electric, we create products and solutions designed to suit every lifestyle.

Bringing life to your home, we make living easier, more comfortable and enjoyable for you and your family. At the same time, we're aware of the need to create technology for a changing world. With ever-increasing stresses on the environment, it's important to harness and use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner.

Clipsal Solar is a Schneider Electric venture dedicated to reducing the cost and impact of electricity bills in Australian homes. By working with you to better understand your energy needs today and, in the future, we can design a smart solar solution that manages and maximises the use of solar energy, resulting in even greater energy and cost savings. At the same time, we do not comprise of product quality and warranty and carefully match the performance of the grid inverter for optimum performance and reliability.

We use the highest-grade components including premium European made inverters, solar panels from the Silicon Module Super League of solar PV manufacturers, as well as premium brands such as Q-Cells and LG and circuit protection equipment by Clipsal, in Australia since 1920.

You can feel confident that you have made the right choice with Clipsal Solar:

• Trusted and bankable brand formed in 1920 and has grown to be the largest electrical brand in Australia.
  • We only use industry leading premium products sourced from reputable and global manufacturers of solar equipment with an extensive technical support and service network in Australia.
  • We only employ professional installers that are CEC Accredited and Licensed Electrical Contractors, and we provide you an Electrical Certificate of Compliance on completion of the installation, and industry leading, 5-year workmanship warranty.
  • We are not affiliated to or part of any Electricity Retailer, our ongoing energy advice is completely independent and impartial.
  • We use your actual electricity bills to right size the solar system to ensure that any solar system you install is the optimum size to dramatically reduce your energy costs with the least upfront cost.
  • We provide you a detailed written quotation, with all the equipment listed by brand and type, a solar PV layout so you can visualise how the solar PV will look on your home, along with the predicted energy and cost savings before you install the solar system.
  • Every solar PV system comes with a Clipsal Pulse monitoring platform, so you measure your solar performance from any smart device, from anywhere in the world and at any time.
  • We are a truly bankable company, that is financially strong with diverse operations, to be there for the lifetime of your solar system.

Clipsal Solar Solar Reviews

So far so good

We chose Clipsal Solar for our new solar panels installation. Our choice was partly based on the company name / reputation and partly on the many positive reviews.

Our experience, so far, has been outstanding. There was a bit of a delay regarding the actual installation which was likely due to the roll-on effects of the pandemic on production lines.

The whole process has been painless and clear with Clipsal Solar readily available to answer any queries. We did not encounter any "hard sell" behaviour which was a relief in this age of marketing aggression.

The actual installation was smooth and extremely fast. Professional and friendly crew who left no mess behind. The process to inform our electricity provider of the new installation was clearly explained and easy to follow.

The Clipsal Solar Pulse app is a gold mine of information. It is fascinating to watch, in real time, how much energy is being produced, how much is consumed and how much is fed back to the grid. I am sure that as time goes by and we get a feel of how to better manage our power needs with the help of the app it will be beneficial to all, consumer and provider both.
I hope that in time batteries will become cheaper to install and more cost effective. Being self-sufficient even during the night hours is a huge incentive especially since we live in a country that is blessed with an abundance of sunshine.

Impressive installation

Sales, installation and service have so far been very impressive. The system as designed is beyond my expectations. Thanks Clipsal for the design and installation. Show additional information

Smooth installation Process

Very happy with overall installation, except some delays on installation due to some parts were missing to complete at the first day. Otherwise, happy with their process and tracking all the activities. Clipsal called me updates the progress frequently. They are very professional from Sales to post sales. I really recommend them even the price is higher than other companies. Show additional information

A pleasure to deal with

Anosh, the salesman, provided lots of options and informative advice. Once we made the decision to go ahead with the purchase, Clipsal kept us informed throughout the whole process. The installation team were punctual, polite and professional, and cleaned up after themselves. Very happy with the system. Show additional information

Seamless

To be honest, there was little difference in consideration of the three quotes other than price. Strangely, I ended up going with the most expensive (though not by much) in Clipsal. I was attracted by the brand name and the decision did not disappoint. From the 'front end' experience with Karan and Soma to the after service attention by Mirra, Clipsal Solar demonstrated its proficiency in this sector. Rav, Josh and all the installer crew from DQ were punctual, respectful, competent and efficient. The experience has been a pleasure. Show additional information

Clipsal Solar - A great system installed with no issues.

The process from start to finish was easy. Installation took place effortlessly. The installation team was punctual and left the area clean and tidy. Customer service from Clipsal Solar was fantastic. They called and kept me informed during every step of the process. They also appointed a Customer Success Advisor who took me through the app and will continue to be my focal point of contact - Very Impressed!! Show additional information

Excellent Installation !

Right from the start the Clipsal representitive was very helpful to way up all the quotes to make a confident decision, maintaining solid comunication all the way to the installation, which was a smooth and quick process, the team were courteous and well presented, finnishing in good time. The customer service department did help me with the organising for the grid connection, also the after support has been amazing. Show additional information

Excellent service from start to end!

The pre-sales team at Clipsal were informative, responsive and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and followed up with emails, and provided quotes on a couple of options. The proposal documents were the best of all companies we went to.

The installation planning and the installation itself were managed really well and I was kept informed throughout. No issues, no delays, and everything looks and works great!

Post install, the customer success team is fantastic! They walked me through using the app, answered all of my questions, and follow up by email.

Overall a brill service, good value for money and a wonderful team.

Very Professional

The whole process was well managed and the customer service was very professional.
The sales process was very informative and I was provided with detailed information around the cost of the product, the cost savings, and the installation process.
The installers arrived on time and kept me informed as to what was happening and what I could expect throughout the time they were installing.
The customer service was helpful, informative and very professional.
The whole process was very easy and hassle free as it was all handled for me and I was regularly updated of the progress and timeline expected.

Efficient installation

Great sales/quote process, efficient and professional installation with regular updates provided throughout the process.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Clipsal Solar

Extremely happy

The quoting process from Karan was very good and nothing was too much trouble to do multiple quotes with different options
Installation team from O'Briens Caringbah were on time, polite and friendly and left the property very clean and tidy
Customer service have been wonderful . Mirra was very helpful especially guiding me to download the Clipsal Pulse App and once the new meter is installed she will make sure that our energy bill is working well for us
Highly recommend the teams

New Customer

Clipsal’s premium quote was competitive and they provided a choice of two systems. I had more confidence in their analysis because they asked for four quarterly bills. Contact with Clipsal and the installer was clear. Both did what they said they’d do. The team was good to deal with onsite. Clipsal arranged the post-installation work with the energy supplier. Show additional information

Great overall experience and quality components

The sales and quoting process was solid, we had plenty of back and forth on the recommended system and roof configuration but where we landed was exactly what I was after (I'm pretty picky) it took some chasing to get a quote and finalise everything (they seemed busy) but overall I can't fault their process. From a solid monitoring app, to after sales service such as electricity company comparison and follow-up I cannot complain. I did have some issues with rescheduling due to weather, but the installation was completed only 1-day after when they promised. Which was overall very good. Show additional information

Very happy, would reccommend

Very helpful, knowledgeable and didn't pressure us throughout the quoting process. Were willing to provide multiple quotes for different usage scenarios. Installers were friendly, clean and did a tidy job. Show additional information

Very professional

After reviewing and comparing many solar companies I decided to go with Clipsal Solar
There pricing was slightly higher than others but given that Clipsal have been around and successful many years it was important that they would be there in the future should anything happen
Anosh and Soma were very responsive and arranged everything and kept me informed of what was happening
The only issue was with the compatibility with the panel board. But to Clipsals credit and professionalism they resolved it quickly

Highly recommend

Great work overall.

Great sales pitch and follow ups. After sales pre install follow ups too are good. Surprise! Installation is outsourced, but to a good vendor, who also happened to give a quote to you. A bit of operational confusion by the installers recce team but the install team finds a solution. So all is well at the end. Clipsal post sales n post install customer service team haven't forgotten you and very good at keeping you informed and at ease. Great work. Show additional information

Impressed!

At one point post installation something I thought was promised during the sales process didn't seem to be working out as I'd anticipated. But I got onto Mitch and he got it sorted. I know he went the extra mile and that was appreciated. In the end the post installation review worked well and ultimately we swapped retailers and that's saving us money every day. Everyone needs to do their own homework and research based on their circumstances but I've been impressed with Clipsal Solar, their equipment, installation and service. Show additional information

Great product, experienced installers?

Great experience throughout very happy with the benefits of having solar.

Dear Alison

We are enthralled to be part of the great experience that you had with solar and will continue to do so . I am certain all our users will see the benefit of Solar due to the custom solutions we provide !

Clipsal Solar - Excellence in Solar Solutions

We recently purchased a 5.28 kW PV system from Clipsal Solar.

This consisted of:

- A Fronius Primo 5.0-1 inverter (10 year warranty)
- 16 Hanwha Q-Cell panels (25 year warranty)
- Clenergy - PV-ezRack SolarRoof mounting system

From the moment I was referred to their friendly sales person they were very helpful and consultative. They listened carefully to my objectives and provided a couple of competitive options initially. We then customised the preferred option further, to accommodate my preference for higher specification panels in my chosen solution. Throughout this process they were always highly responsive and gave excellent advice to ensure I got the right solution.

Once the system had been determined, the contractor from Trill visited our property for the pre-intallation inspection. Once again they were very professional and knowledgable, and provided sound recommendations to ensure that the intallation went smoothly. The system was then installed on the nominated date, without any major adjustments to the original plan.

When Clipsal Solar were unable to source the Fronius 4.0 Inverter that we initially ordered, they upgraded it to the Fronius 5.0 Inverter at no additional cost. In fact the whole system was installed for the agreed price and Energy Australia then installed the Smart Meter for no cost. So their were no nasty surprises.

The nicest surprise has been the excellent customer service that we have received since the system was installed. Not only has the new system already more than halved our electricity usage. We have also been assigned a friendly and helpful Customer Success Advisor who will contnue to monitor our electricity usage and retail plan to help optimise the benefit of our system for years to come.

Even the connection of our system to the grid ran like clockwork, with the contractor from Energy Australia turning up on the advised date and updating our meter in a timely manner.

Once the system was up and running, the Clipsal Pulse app provides an array of useful insights to help us understand our electricity usage patterns better, in order to use energy more efficiently and maximise our savings.

From start to finish (March to August) this has been a well managed and successful process. We have been very impressed by the professionalism of Clipsal Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install a high quality PV solar system.

Thank You Darren for your Earnest feedback. We love enhancing the services of our customers and will continue to do so !! Show additional information

Beautiful Install

Quoting process very detailed and customer friendly

Technicians are polite and professional

Connected to the grid within the week

Very happy

Thanks Mitchell, we look forward to keep you satisfied with the products and services! Show additional information

Reliable company

From quoting to after sales service, everything went smoothly. They are validating my electricity bills to help me find the best plan.
A great reliable team. I'm glad I chose Clipsal solar.

Thank you Seonghee, will stay consistent with monitoring your solar system and providing the best possible service ! Show additional information

A1 service and technical expertise.

Excellent customer service. Clipsal Solar rep was happy to spend significant time with my configuration development. I am an electrical engineer and had been involved with the solar industry in a limited capacity. Good customer service and timely responses to me questions. Clipsal Solar were the most tech savvy of all the installers I spoke with. I obtained three quotes. I had a predetermined idea of what system I thought would be best but the team actually down sold me to a slightly more economical solution that they convinced me was the best for my individual usage history. All seems good to date.

Thank you Patrick! We seek to maintain the exceeding customer service integrated with the efficiency of our solar system for your home ! Show additional information

Start to finish was pain free & would definitely recommend

The sales person Anosh was very polite and honest when discussing options. He gave us all the information we asked for and was clear with his recommendation.

The install was quick and the people were very tidy and explained everything they were doing.

The service team have answered all my questions in a way I can understand and promptly. The feature of reviewing my electricity bill and making sure I am with the best provider for my needs is 5 star stuff.

Have recommended Clipsal to all my friends and family, so glad we made the right choice.

Thank you Mathew! We will let our sales team know of their work and keep having your bills tracking and validated in line with the performance of your system! Show additional information

A good group to go with, after sales service quite outstanding.

Sales/quoting process excellent, nothing was too much trouble.
I received lots of technical data & detailed information to support the claim that Clipsalsolar's systems are excellent.
The installers were punctual, friendly & cleaned up well after the installation. We were not sure of the best place for the inverter to go; the installers consulted patiently with me, were flexible when discussing possibilities & gave sound advice.
The customer service was outstanding, they did everything. The best aspect is their after sales service.......my household energy consumption is measured, including specific circuits such as use of heaters in various rooms. I have been able to install an app on my phone which tells me how my system is performing at any time of the day. I can phone a consultant at any time & he talks me through the answers to any questions I have. Clipsalsolar even sent me flowers when my mum passed away 2 months ago!
I recommend Clipsalsolar to anyone contemplating solar panels.

Spot on, great customer service and seamless installation

The entire process from quoting through to installation was seamless. Clipsal Solar were extremely professional, thorough, patient and kept me well informed during the process. Very happy customer! Its now been two weeks and the system is working perfectly.

Thank you Sri! We aim to keep having your bills tracking and validated in line with the performance of your system and provide the finest service! Show additional information

Needed to be pushed to finish the job on the day, The installer wanted to leave and return again which was not easy for me to take another day off of work. Other than that they were very helpful.

The installer was tidy and did a good job as I had their work checked. Yes he helped out quite well Show additional information

Tricky Install done GREAT!

Unlike other quotes we received, Sagar from Clipsal took the time to explain why his quote was a few hundred dollars more, and the value their system would provide over its life time. You never know when salesman leave out important features just to win a job on price.

This was a tricky job. Removing a 14yr old system with racking that had to be cut away. Bad weather also added to the challenges. But the team from Trill, organised by Clipsal were fantastic!

The follow up and commissioning of the Pulse App was great also.

Clipsal has a GREAT Aussie history! This new division is worthy of their reputation.

Thank you John!
We will let Sagar and install team know of their work and keep having your bills tracking and validated in line with the performance of your system! Thank you for acknowledging the pulse app and seeing the benefits , stay tuned ! Clipsal is a great brand and we are proud to be associated with a brand that holds strong reputation and heritage !

Exceptional help from such a professional team from beginning to end.

After having a number of quotes we chose Clipsal Solar - not the cheapest, but somewhere in the middle. We were comfortable with the reputation of the "Clipsal" brand here in Adelaide.
The installers were highly professional - mighty impressed with how they completed their part of the job. They got straight into it and even though it was not as straightforward as some jobs, it was properly completed in just over a day`s work.
There were difficulties with one aspect of the work which we have had solved by Clipsal with a minimum of fuss. The co-operation from their end has been outstanding to say the least and we would happily recommend anyone making the decision to go solar, to choose Clipsal.

Great service and savings

After investigating all my options I chose Clipsal Solar because their customer service was exceptional and the price quoted competitive. I was very pleased with the installation and the quality of the system has not disappointed. On a final note the Clipsal Solar Pulse Analytics is a great way to keep an eye on my consumption and savings to date. Since I had Clipsal Solar installed my electricity bills have been very minor. A very pleased customer :)

Dear Kat

Thank you , we are pleased to hear you are enjoying using our Clipsal Pulse App! Your dedicated Customer Success Manager will help you ensure we stay on top of those pesky energy bills!

Efficient, professional, courteous service

The price initially quoted was not competitive but the final agreed cost was not the cheapest for the system but I decided to accept because of the reputation of and longevity of the company, Clipsal, and the monitoring app inclusion.

Installation was a breeze. One experience technician, supported by two learners. All polite and efficient with no cleanup after installation, with thesystem functioning at the end of day one.

I needed to purchase a extender in order to connect the inverter to my home Wifi and needed assistance to connect to the system. Mitchell happily attended on a Sunday morning and was successful in completing the task. He has offered ongoing assistance if needed. Great support which is much appreciated.

I was sent an email with documents to complete and Clipsal took care of contacting my supplier, with smart meter installation about to take place a couple of weeks after my system was installed.

Dear David

Thank you for your feedback David! We aim to keep those pesky energy bills down by delivering insightful notifications through our Clipsal Pulse App.

Yes....we should have done this ages ago! Very satisfied.

We're very satisfied with the solar installation by Clipsal Solar (6.6kw panels, 5kW inverter). The quote was provided promptly, and information was given when and how we needed it (quote info, in person and via phone). We received accurate advice from the salesperson, the system designer and the installer and were kept informed of the project and what to expect. The app is great and provides detailed & useful information (not just production/consumption). We have a reasonable impact from trees and shading at this time of year (and high street voltage) so we're unlikely to see the full output in winter; however I'm very happy we finally had a system installed and are impressed with contribution so far. Like many people say.....we should've done it ages ago! Clipsal helped with all aspects of the project including liaising with our energy provider and have provided detailed after sales service to help us better understand and optimize our system.

Dear Cassie

We are very glad you have chosen Clipsal Solar as your preferred solar installer! With the backing of our good friends at Schneider Electric we are certainly here to stay for the long run!

Gotta love Solar

Started with Solar Quotes— lots of good information to assist those contemplating Solar. Received 3 quotes and opted for Clipsal Solar. They weren’t the cheapest but invested most time during the sales process. Project manager contacted us prior to install to let us know what to expect on the day. Install team turned up on time and completed installation in a very professional manner. No issues whatsoever. Just need to get the new meter installed so we can fire up the system.

Dear Bob

Thank you for your honest feedback and choosing Clipsal Solar as your energy partner and advisor. We aim to build this ongoing relationship through our Clipsal Pulse App and your dedicated Customer Success Manager who will keep a close eye on your solar system health.

Great company to deal with! Nothing but praise for service prior and after installation

Explained everything very clearly. The system is always available to check via the app and has already saved us almost half the installation cost in less than 12 months!
Exceptional after sales service which has made choosing Clipsal Solar one of the best decisions. The whole process of choosing the right installer of solar can be very daunting. I would recommend going with Clipsal Solar for anyone having difficulty choosing, they are an outstanding company to deal with and in my opinion fantastic value for your investment.

Dear Vince

Thank you for your kind words! Our Sales and Engineering Teams work hard to deliver the right solution fit for the needs of your home. We will continue to be in touch via our Clipsal Pulse App

Outstanding Quality, Analysis and Customer Service

Clipsal solar were very accommodating in running several different quotes based on different scenarios of size, component brands and design (microinverters). We were able to optimise around the calculated pay-back. As an energy consultant myself (for businesses) I was very demanding and challenged all of the assumptions e.g. around shading etc.
The payback will be much faster than the calculated payback.
There was a slight delay in the actual installation due to the availability of the sub-contract installers.
The installers were very professional and efficient however they failed to install the individual circuit monitoring as per the quote. Clipsal very quickly responded and had that rectified.
There were also some issues with the grid connection, however that was also resolved quickly.
Clipsal Solar also provide post-installation support and are more than happy to review bills and ensure that the customer is on the best retail supply agreement given the new electricity generation and usage profile. I have had some shading issues affecting performance in the afternoon deep into winter. Clipsal Solar was able to do an analysis to determine the dollar cost of the shading vs paying to have the tops of some needle pine trees lopped off. It looks like the needle pines are safe.

Dear Michael

Thank you for your sincere feedback. We will use the power of our Clipsal Pulse App to empower you with data driven recommendations which will assist you to squeeze every dollar from your solar system.

Efficient and painless

The quote was comprehensive and arrived by email the day after our initial phone discussion. It covered everything I had asked for in the system (size, quality etc) and it clearly stated that $1000 had been added as a steep roof surcharge and that might be lowered after the site inspection - which it was. The site inspection was a week or so later and the installation was scheduled for around 6 weeks. The quote was varied down to take into account the 30 degree roof, offset by an increase due to the long cable runs necessary between the main board and the inverter, something I was made aware of during the inspection and various options were discussed. As the cost was of no real concern to me I told the installer to choose whichever he felt would be the best. One thing which is worth mentioning is that I told the installer that I wanted the Solar Analytics monitoring system to be installed and to give me a quote for that, only to be told that it was included as part of the Clipsal deal, an unexpected saving of hundreds of dollars.

The installation went ahead on the day and time given even though it was raining on and off and took from around 8am to 3pm. The team involved were great, very friendly, answered my few questions and didn't leave a single shred of rubbish anywhere in the yard or the roof space. I was also given a good induction in how to use the system and the various monitors. The installation itself was exceptionally well done and checking inside the roof during a heavy storm a few days later showed that there were no leaks from the tiles and all the fittings and electrical work were properly done and to the various Standards specs. The meter replacement application arrived the next day and Origin did the job a fortnight later. My house already had 3 phase power connected and not having received my quarterly bill for the period I don't know if Origin charged me for the meter replacement.

I first made contact with Clipsal on 3 March, the installation was done on 13 May and the system went live with the meter replacement on June 1st. All the various forms, applications, certificates, system manuals and documentation and so on arrived ASAP and there was no delay in any of the procedures, so the process was very efficient and seamless. Soma Young, the engineer looking after me, was in frequent contact and discussed any variations to the original spec - changing the QCell G7s to the same spec QMaxx panels, wiring alterations and so on, so I was kept well informed right through. Once the system went live I was contacted by a Clipsal Customer Support "case officer" who would be my point of contact from then on.

All in all, a superb job, done to the quote with no unexpected costs or delays. The system itself works well and does what I hoped. A week after the install we had a massive hailstorm - some were 50cm in size - which totally destroyed the patio roof (the yellow roof in the photo), but the panels weren't damaged at all.

Solar - a bright future

We used the Clipsal Solar team and the experience from start to finish was brilliant. The quoting process was all electronic with aerial shots of the house and panels positions shown for consideration. We corresponded by e-mail and phone before settling on the layout and equipment. I even sent through the electronic signature to approve the quote - not bad for an old bloke!

Installation was all done in a day after a pre work site inspection ( a couple of weeks ahead of the work) by Trill Electrical and the installers were very professional and importantly, competent. The work was finished to high standard.

The package we have includes a diagnostic app on instantaneous and daily / weekly use and savings of solar and grid use. A regular follow up with Clipsal to analyse and review Retail contracts to enable us to maximise ongoing savings is also part of the package. We have only had the one full period since install was complete and I am currently speaking to retailers in the hope of improving the bottom line for us. But that is a value add for me at this point.

Overall the system and the package we have bought is working very well and we are seeing savings associated with the install. We are very happy to date.

Dear Drew

Thank you for your feedback, we hope to drive that value to our customers through the Pulse App and exceptional customer service by helping all customers take control of their energy bills.

Excellent product and fantastic customer service

Quick contact from sales department, quote process was straight forward and sales rep was not pushy.
Site inspection happened within 10 days after quote is received.
Solar installation happened 10 weeks after site inspection.
Paperwork for grid connection and smart meter installation were prepared by Clipsal Solar.
I recommend submitting paperwork for smart meter installation sooner than later. The electricity provider took few weeks to process the smart meter application and booked a date for technician to install smart meter. Preferably you want the smart meter ready once solar installation completed.
Solar installation by DQ electricals was smooth and efficient. Impressed that site was left clean and tidy.
Continuing support from Clipsal Solar after system installation. Loving the energy monitoring system using Clipsal Solar Pulse Analytics App. It allows you to keep track of energy usage real-time and remotely.

Overall very pleased and happy to recommend Clipsal Solar to others!

Dear May
Thank you for your feedback ! We are grateful to be able to provide you with an immaculate service from install to after sales. But, we won't stop there! Our Clipsal Pulse App will ensure your bill is minimized as much as it possibly can be and that your system is in Tip-top condition.

Fast, quite and polite

Very professional, very fast, and very clean. All together just makes your life much easier. Great work and overall and great experience. Great work clipsal and your teams. Show additional information

Highly professional company

Contact was made very quickly by the sales department, who were polite, respectful, knowledgable and professional. The handover to the installation team was a little slow, leaving me a bit in the dark about when "things" would happen. I'm happy to give them the benefit of any doubt though, given we were in the midst of the big LOCKDOWN. Everything else - including the actual installation - was extremely efficient and professional. I would highly recommend Clipsal, without hesitation. Show additional information

Brilliant company.

Clipsal were very professional from start to finish. The process was very simple and you are provided with a very detailed breakdown of their design for your system. Clipsal also take care of all paperwork involved with the electricity provider for grid connection and smart meter installation. All members were only too happy to help over the phone with any issues. Show additional information

Solar System review.

Clipsal Solar did great job all round, as explained the performance is as expected and working fine.
The monitoring system they use solar analytics is very good and provides a real time performance With app to back it up.
The team arrived as planned and very polite on the job.
Also the new smart meters and grid connection went to plan.
The only fault we have is the solar three phase switch has been installed sideways.It just makes the new board look like no care taken.see image attached.

Overall we are very pleased with the system that was installed.
Regards John.

Solar simplified and explained in language that made sense!

After having several solar providers out, Clipsal Solar was the first to explain the solution in simple terms. They were able to take me through my energy usage and explain exactly what system we would need to become more energy independent. The quote I was provided was very thorough. Installation was seamless and not at all disruptive.

The Clipsal Solar Pulse Analytics App is quite addictive. I can easily see where we are using power and I can monitor usage remotely from my mobile phone so I have now become that mum that rings her kids to turn some lights off!

A Perfect Installation

The Team from Clipsal Solar have done such a great job Installing the Solar Panels on our roof. They have been very professional to deal with and super helpful in explaining the benefits of Solar power and the process of the installation.
We have already started reaping the benefits of our investment all I can say is that I wish we had done this sooner.

Thank you for such kind words Kyal! We are committed on providing the support and service we have done so for yourself, to every one of our Clipsal Solar customers. Show additional information

Satisfied Customer

Everyone was friendly helpful and efficient from the start to the finish Show additional information

Great Product and a Professional Installation make for a happy customer.

Being a fussy customer I was determined to only go with solar again if I could ensure the install process matched the quality of products supplied.
Clipsal Solar met every question I had with precise responses, which made me feel very comfortable about my choice to proceed forward with them. I was nervous only about the installers who would be doing the work, as I understood through many years of experience that a product is only as good as the install.

The correspondence and discussions had with the installers administration was pleasant and comforting, another plus.

The 4 young lads who turned up made me feel very comfortable almost instantly, and explained the process in detail. The workmanship is picture worthy, and the attitude and pride these installers demonstrated is quite frankly rare to see these days.

I could not recommend Clipsal Solar enough, and write this review without any hesitation, and have locked in a Tesla battery install with them.

The install was only completed less than a week ago, so I’m yet to see years of great performance as yet, but somehow I don’t feel a bit concerned.

We are truly privileged and will continuously provide that piece of mind after installing the system for years to come and keep the engagement with our Clipsal Pulse technology to oversee and ensure optimum performance of your system. Show additional information

Good value for money, long wait for install

We had never heard of Clipsal Solar before requesting 3 quotes from Solar Quotes.
The sales team gave us a call and were happy to answer all of our questions - and we had a lot! Multiple calls over multiple days and they never got pushy.
If they weren’t sure of an answer they would find out instead of telling us rubbish, so that was refreshing.

The install was carried out by DQ Electrical and went off without a hitch. They rocked up at the time they said they would and had everything finished the same day.
24 panels on a colorbond roof, the inverter in the garage, and the analytics gear in the meter box. There’s not a cable in sight, no damage on the roof, and they cleaned up after themselves!
They made sure I was up and running with all the apps & monitoring stuff before they left.

All the necessary paperwork was handled for us. A couple of weeks before the install Clipsal called us to let us know our meter hadn’t been programmed to accept export yet. An email to our retailer and a few days later the meter had been sorted. That meant that when the panels went up we were straight away getting paid for our export.

After the install the customer service hasn’t disappeared. We’re seeing some high grid voltages which is slightly affecting our export capacity, but Clipsal are chasing it up for us.

The Clipsal Pulse analytics stuff is really cool. We can see a breakdown of our usage per circuit, so we know exactly how much our air con, lights etc. are consuming... it tells you if your system is performing as expected, and heaps more.

Only a couple of negatives:
1. We specifically asked how long it would take to be installed and we were told within 6 weeks. It ended up being 11 weeks. The install was never delayed it was just that DQ didn’t have any times available for that long in advance. We didn’t find this out until after accepting the quote and paying a deposit.
2. We also specifically confirmed with the sales rep that we’d be getting the Trina HoneyM Black panels. The panels that were installed were the normal HoneyM (White). Having said that there’s barely any difference in colour as the standard HoneyM are mostly black anyway - and they look awesome. The performance characteristics are identical. If you are picky about it, it might be worth triple checking.
3. Their standard terms ask for full payment 2 days before the install. I wasn’t comfortable with that but when I gave them a call they were happy for me to make payment on the day of install instead. So that’s more of a positive than a negative :)

Overall I would happily recommend Clipsal Solar, just make sure you triple check any details that might be important to you.
Quality gear, quality install, and quality customer service, and a reasonable price! Thanks all.

Good service & installation allround

1 Very professional & well communicated
2 Hard working polite & friendly young workers. No mess after.
3 Yes all arranged. Transfer from one Power Retailer to the other very poor service each one refering me to the other via Chat system. Bloody poor until I contacted Origin & spoke to a young lady Consultant who was very efficient & switched on & filled me in on the current situation.

Flawless, and professional install, amazing analytics!

The sales guys were amazingly patient quoting me for a whole range of panels and variations. Once I finally decided on the system the installer was flexible enough to accommodate my date changes. Installation was quick and visually the best I've seen. No ugly conduit running along the walls, every wire is hidden. Now the system is up and running I'm able to use the analytics app only Clipsal offer to really focus my savings. I look forward to my consultations for further suggestions.

Thank you Lee.
We love the ongoing relationship we have with our customer base and we look forward to providing yourself with more valuable insights!

Great product and service

Quote process was easy and gave me great information to make an informed decision.
Installation was great and clean. Plus haven't had leak even after heavy rain.
Great follow up support.

We are pleased to know that you are more than satisfied with your decision! We strive to ensure all our customers have access to a dedicated Customer Success manager who will provide ongoing insights to save you money! Show additional information

Excellent

Fantastic customer service from Clipsal. Had to cancel and change appointment at the last minute and was able to see me. Installation was punctual and talked me through why they were doing this and that.

Thankyou David for your feedback.
We aim to keep our customers well informed and we’re glad that you were walked through the process by our resourceful team.