CSA Services

CSA Services Reviews

4.4

Based on 569 ratings  - Aus Ranking

CSA Services is based in Brisbane and serves Queensland and NSW (for Commercial Projects only).

CSA Services can transform the way you create and use energy. Our expert energy management helps homeowners; businesses and communities reduce energy costs, increase property values and lock-in savings for years to come.

From quality grid installations and connections (3kW to 1MW) to off-grid and remote power, we are energy management experts. CSA Services delivers exceptional customer care, backed by genuine business relationships and industry expertise.

When you choose CSA Services you receive quality solar solutions, the best advice and reliable installation from an honest and trusted company.

CSA Services Reviews (569)

15kW

More than $20,000

LG Chem

15kw System + Battery - fantastic after sales support

This was the second system I had installed by Paul at CSA. Paul knows his stuff and does a fantastic Job both speccing and installing. If anything goes wrong Paul always answers the phone and answers questions and helps getting things resolved. Premium gear,
Premium installation and premium service. Have recommend to friends and family and have had the same feedback. Definitely would recommend.

Hide Brad's Comment

Original Review on 24-01-2018:

Installation: N/A

Follow Up Review on 18-05-2020:

Yes, system is excellent. And 3 years later my installer CSA Solar still notice if my system is not downloading data properly and chase me up to help me fix it.- Excellent service.
Hide James's Comment

10kW

Original Review on 05-08-2019:

Follow Up Review on 04-04-2020:

The system lives up to my expectations. We manage to feed in way more energy into the grid than we consume resulting in constantly getting credits on our energy bills. If the system continues to perform this way, it will pay itself off in about three years and earn us money after that.
Hide Norman's Comment

Cost

Brilliant, no need to look elsewhere

Only company that sent out an advisor who spent an hour up on the roof, measuring and checking out best positioning. Excellent after sales. Qkr! Company so why look elsewhere?
Hide Gerard's Comment

Original Review on 09-05-2019:

Follow Up Review on 06-01-2020:

Probably not. I expected a greater reduction in our electricity bills. Has certainly been some reduction though. Even though we have 28 panels, the best output I have seen is 5500 watts at peak time. Expected higher. I guess over 12 months the power saving would be perhaps 30%. We will see.
Hide Lance's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent service and honesty when quoting and installing

The quoting process was made extremely easy and transparent with honesty provided by the salesman throughout.

Installation went off without a hitch and so far the ongoing customer service has been great!
Hide Todd's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great installer, effortless installation.

The quoting process was easy, I managed to get a top quality system at a great price. The installation was effortless, they arrived on time and everything went according to plan. They were very organised, polite and tidy. I would highly recommend CSA Services, they even helped to organise the grid connection after the installation. Thanks Solar Quotes and CSA Services.
Hide Lesa's Comment

Suntech

Na (Other)

Original Review on 03-04-2019:

We were impressed with all companies you recommended and the information received. CSA were professional right from the first on site meeting and knew their product really well.

Follow Up Review on 03-12-2019:

Hide Tim's Comment

Original Review on 20-03-2019:

I am still awaiting an updated Schematic Circuit Diagram to go in the Operators manual, supplied. The diagram to reflect actual changes made to the proposed installation. An e-mail reminder for this diagram update request, was only issued yesterday, 19Mar 2019.

Hi Ross,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I will follow up on the schematic circuit diagram and ensure this is sent through promptly.

Catherine

Follow Up Review on 20-11-2019:

The installation was made in March of this year. Less than 12 months. I am happy with the system but it is too soon for a long term impression. So far, no complaints. Thank you.
Hide Ross's Comment

1.5kW

Great Solar Experience and Advice

The whole process was so easy and the installaion was done quickly and professionally. The team was very friendly and answered all our questions.
Thanks Paul and Catherine for the great service, will definately refer my friends to your wonderful business.
Hide Shaun's Comment

Inverter Brand

Still waiting installation of new meter from AGL. So at this stage no rating for quality of system

All went very smoothly - Every thing was well organised and completed on the day. Replacement of switchboard was required and included in original quote

Best price!

Great company to deal with even though the installation was a bit trickier than quoted for. Highly recommended.
Hide Tracey's Comment

Original Review on 02-12-2018:

Follow Up Review on 08-10-2019:

Except for the faulty Inverter it has performed ok.
Hide Wayne's Comment

3kW

Original Review on 31-01-2019:

Unfortunately we weren't aware that our supplier would drag out our meter reconfiguration (new house new meter which electricians say is OK for solar power) for as long as possible, delaying us getting credit for surplus power generated. We are still waiting for the supplier to get off their butt. We have reported their tardiness to the ombudsman.

Follow Up Review on 03-10-2019:

Yes has met all our expectations
Hide Victor's Comment

Original Review on 17-12-2018:

The last two are average because on the installation day they hit us for an extra $500 (7.54%) to upgrade our power board, which supposedly has asbestos in it.

Follow Up Review on 19-09-2019:

Not really, due to most of the 6.5 K being on the Eastern side, with some tree shade. Minimal customer service since installation (very late October), was good, but not changing the initial rating.
Hide Geoff's Comment
N/A

Inverter Brand

no battery installed (Other)

Original Review on 15-01-2019:

Value for money: N/A

Follow Up Review on 16-09-2019:

yes, as far as I know

SolarEdge

SolarEdge

No Battery (Other)

Original Review on 01-01-2019:

Thanks to you Finn for making the opportunity available where I could get a good cross section of quotes from different Operators. In the end I chose the system I felt best suited my family and was a good quality system. Of course I have to take the word of the sales person however with all companies who quoted, all sales persons were from a technical background and not just trying to sell their product. I chose Solar Edge from CSA Services because it was from my perspective the best of the systems offered and not necessarily the cheapest. I rated all questions 4 star. I never give anyone a Fantastic rating. At the end of the day, the proof is in the eating of the pudding. Once I have had my system working for a while then I can make an informed decision on my system.

Cheers

Harry

Follow Up Review on 02-09-2019:

Great system. I have not had to pay for any electricity in the nearly 12 months since I purchase this system and had it installed by CSA Services. In fact my account is in credit with my supplier. This is great news as it achieves and exceeds my expectations and justifies my decision to install.

Of course I don't get too carried away as it's early days yet
Hide Harry's Comment

Hassle free.

Was really happy with the original quote, with no hard sell unlike some of the other companies. Roy was very happy to work with me to design exactly what I wanted, within my budget. Installation guys were friendly and after sales service has been prompt.
Hide Nici's Comment

Original Review on 20-11-2018:

Follow Up Review on 24-07-2019:

Hard to say definitively as we have only had installed for 7 months & have only lived in the house for 10, so do not know how the seasons effect this particular house yet.
Hide ALAN's Comment

Cost

A bit slow to get the quote out!
Hide David's Comment

3kW

Canadian Solar

Original Review on 13-11-2018:

Installer guys were really nice and kept me Informed especially as there were some issues with the roof trusses.

Follow Up Review on 15-07-2019:

Hide Sue's Comment

Original Review on 20-03-2019:

CSA quoted for and delivered the system I wanted. No hard selling or upsell. Good value products and service. It took 2 days for the decommission and install in 39 degree heat but hey did a great job.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your review! It was certainly a warm couple of days during your install!

Follow Up Review on 07-07-2019:

The system performs to the standard I expected.
Hide Craig's Comment

Original Review on 31-10-2018:

Follow Up Review on 03-07-2019:

Very happy with results so far- System does go offline so I can't see what we are producing in that snapshot in time,but it is still functional.
Hide Bronwyn's Comment

Cost

Overall very good experience with CSA. Great sales experience (Very experienced ex-installer as sales guy - Roy), Very good product offering (Solar Edge Inverter), best price, some confusion during the install lead time (but not a big deal), fantastic install team (Very professional guys - Wayne, install date was in-line with original estimates). No issues since install (now 2 weeks). Would definitely recommend CSA.
Hide Shane's Comment

N/A

Cost

It’s really worth shopping around and really doing your homework on each system - solarquotes really help with this background work too!

Original Review on 13-09-2018:

Only one missing bit of information- Origin takes 30 days to connect system to the grid, and instal new meter, and until then the system is off. Not happy!!

Hi John,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
As discussed, the lead time for the solar metering works has increased significantly since the electricity retailers such as Origin and AGL have taken over this work from Energex (Power of Choice reforms). This is compounded by the fact that Origin in turn sub-contract this work out. If an appointment is required, such as your situation, then the lead-time is even more prolonged.
I have sent Origin New Connections an email again today to see if they can provide an update on your status.

Follow Up Review on 21-05-2019:

Yes, after replacement of the initial inverter.

more than 10kW

$10,000 to $12,500

Cost

Installation went fine, but aftersales service is disappointing.

We went through SolarQuotes for 3 quotes, 2 installers replied, one couldn't be bothered to get back to me. The 2 quotes we got were for very similar price, used the same racking system (Radiant), same inverter (Fronius), just different solar panels. In the end we opted for a bigger system (10.8kW) installed by CSA Services, for the budgeted price. From initial consultation to final sign off we are very pleased we chose CSA. The initial consultation was conducted by an electrician, not a salesman like the others. He was informed, polite and not pushy. We had a lot of questions, some on the day, and many after, which were answered promptly and to our satisfaction. We had to wait a while for the inverter to be supplied, but the installation was professional, neat and tidy, and exactly as we had requested. The weather unfortunately didn't cooperate, requiring the completion of installation to the next day. There was a 3 week delay until the electricity meter was replaced, while I was itching to turn the system on. That happened yesterday, and today the system is running. Quite addictive (and informative) to be able to monitor how much power is being consumed, and how much is being generated with the App from Fronius.

We are were very pleased with CSA Services, until I noted a fault in the data from the Fronius smart meter. The system apparently never exported any electricity back into the grid, despite producing in excess of 7kW, with no power consumption apart from the fridge and pool pump. I called and informed them of the problem, and was told they will get back to me as soon as someone has looked at the data. A week went by with no reply. I called again, and again the same promise of getting back to me was never fulfilled for week. I called again, a little annoyed at this stage, and was met with a rude reply that they will get back to me. It took 4 weeks for them to get back to me and send someone out to have a look.

The initial consultation and installation went smoothly, and the system works, but the aftersales service leaves much to the imagination.
Hide Oly's Comment

more than 10kW

$12,500 to $15,000

Cost

Great install, fantastic value for money.

Sales process was very informative and thorough. The system was installed with no issues at all and everything was very well done, with great attention to detail. very happy with our new solar system producing plenty of energy!
Hide Scott's Comment

Cost

Not good customer contact after contract signed. Would have made a different decision had I known that it would take so long to get installed.

Cost

Great company to deal with from the initial quote to the installation.
Hide Matt's Comment

Cost

CSA Services were less than great with communications. I had to remind them that I had accepted their quote. A query I made went unanswered for 3+weeks despite 2 follow-up requests. When the query was finally answered by phone I was promised an email confirmation which has not arrived. Information provided by me in an email was not passed on to the installation crew with the result that they had to return another day to complete the job. Everything worked out in the end and I'm pleased with the system I got.
Hide Sonja's Comment

Original Review on 15-08-2018:

Everything was smooth, and it was so easy working people from CSA.

Hi Xin,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are pleased your solar experience was smooth and easy! :)

Follow Up Review on 16-04-2019:

Yes, they are working very well.

2/5

Cost

The salesman was great. The installation was a comedy of errors! The subcontracted panel man did not install as per the agreed layout, he did his own arrangement. The outside meterbox was underwhelming with its off kilter plywood repair of the wall. The inside switchboard could not be configured with what box they had and they fixed it in a way that it could not open! The inverter was not switched on so initially was it not producing power (for the first week) and the paperwork was all done up in the name of a technician that did not even install the system.
THEN they asked me to pay for all that! I declined to pay.
I had tried to contact the salesman but he went off line ( in fact he was on leave but this was not communicated to me). After a few days the salesman Roy called me at night, when he finally got to hear of my complaints. I sent him photos. He also seemed surprised it had all gone so wrong. He apologised and organised for everything to be fixed. On 28/3/19 it all got sorted. And now its making lots of power! Alinta is due to swap the meter on 2/5/19.
I think the problem was a lack of supervision for the installation.
Hide Cindy's Comment

Original Review on 09-08-2018:

Follow Up Review on 11-04-2019:

In the last 6 months my power bill has reduced from $600 to $9.20. going on that rate I will have paid off my system in 5 years so a 20% return, not only that I feel that I am making a difference to climate change by reducing my greenhouse gasses.
Hide Mark's Comment

Cost

The up sell, with respect to batteries, from SAE Group completely turned me off their company. As an electrical engineer, I was really annoyed with the salesperson. I'm not an idiot! CSA are awesome, and they listen to their customer, i.e. the people who pay their wage... I am concerned that so many customers must get exactly what the solar company wants them to have - and these are the supposedly legit companies...

Very satisfied
Hide Matt's Comment

Cost

We were very happy with CSA from every perspective.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for CSA Services.

Hide Julie's Comment

Hi Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for CSA Services.

Hide Steven's Comment

Cost

Excellent from quote to installation and great after care service as well. Kept us informed via email with updates and was able to answer any questions we had. Very happy with CSA.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your review!

Hide Sharon's Comment

Cost

The service from all contacts in this company was great. The time for permission for our oversized system from Energex was explained and as soon as we had permission, we were able to go ahead with our installation. The installation went smoothly and there was no clean up for us after the tradesmen had left. The system is working beautifully and for the first time, we are waiting for our next electricity bill.

Hi May,

Thank you for review! We'd love to see your next electricity bill too if you wouldn't mind sending us a copy?

Hide May's Comment

Cost

From start to finish both Solar Quotes and CSA Services made it a very easy process. We have now had the system in for 4 months and our quarterly bill for November, December and January has gone from around $850 to $290, living in QLD the a/c has been cranking over this time with 5 people living in the house. The app that comes with the system for your phone gives great real time information on the system as a whole or individual panels. Very happy.
Hide Mick's Comment

Cost

Great all round experience. The rep who came round seemed genuinely interested in getting the best system for our needs rather than their standard system or the most expensive one. Fitting was a very easy process and after care has been spot on. Our system will have paid for itself in just over 2 years at the rate it us going and our first full solar quarter has turned a substantial bill into a good sized refund. Many thanks.

Original Review on 10-06-2018:

Hi Dick,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for CSA Services and for your business.

Follow Up Review on 01-02-2019:

Seems to be working OK. I have a 6 kw system and 5 kw inverter and the maximum i can get on a really sunny hot day is 4.45kw. Probably on the mark but glad i installed 6 kw of cells.
Hide Dick's Comment