EnviroGroup Reviews

About EnviroGroup, Solar Installers

Since 2008 EnviroGroup have been installing solar PV systems across Victoria. We have more than 20 staff, including experienced project managers, photovoltaic engineers, energy auditors, accredited solar designers, licensed installers and electricians.

Our customers are helped along every step of the way when it comes to choosing a solar PV system, from deciding which product is right to the installation itself.

We also install battery systems such as Tesla and LG Chem and design the right size system for you.

All the solar installations are performed by fully accredited contractors and come with a eight-year workmanship guarantee

EnviroGroup Solar Reviews

Installation guys were our actual contact and were extremely polite and obliging. The only other contact with the company was by phone and e mail of pricing and performance comparisons of different components. We had prices from 2 companies, the third said they were not able to quote. Show additional information
The installer didn't provide any information on the monitoring process. Had to get a company representative back to help set it up on my lap top. Show additional information
No Show additional information
EnviroShop installed a 40kW system on our business and provided excellent service from start to finish. Show additional information
Envirogroup installed a 30Kw system at our primary school. They came out numerous times to talk to us, endured the 2 year time frame that it took to get the system up and running and were terrific the whole way along. They really know their stuff and I can't recommend them highly enough. Show additional information
Paul was great in explaining and assessing our options for solar. He was pleasant to deal with and answered all my questions. Mel was quick and efficient in organising the instal and paperwork. The installation guys were very pleasant to deal with, came on time, got on with job and explained everything.
I would highly recommend Enviroshop.
Wasn't the cheapest quote but they provided the better service, including working through the best solution given my usage and roof configuration. Show additional information
Salesperson very knowlegable
Great Installation, friendly, went the extra mile.
Paperwork handled by vendor.
Realistic setting of expectations and timeframes.
Whole process of dealing with Enviroshop was very professional including the installers. Show additional information
It has taken a while for us to make a decision on solar installation because of the large disparity between the quotes we received however we decided that, although their system was the most expensive of all our quotes, their salesman Paul, has always been available to answer any queries we have had and according to our own research, the panels and inverter they use are of extremely good quality. Installation is to take place an about 2 weeks time. Thank you for your recommendations. Show additional information
Sustainable PTY LTD didn't make contact

Gryphon Solar - sales person was pushy, didn't listen (over numerous communications in person and over the phone, while he wasn't rude his manner and behaviour felt disrespectful - so we decided early on not to use them

Nicholls Solar - Ray was the sales person, he was great! Offered a very competitive price but we were locked in.
Enviro shop weren't the cheapest quote but I felt their product was better. We have micro inverters so each panel will contribute to the power system even if others are in the shade. Show additional information
The companies you recommended were fast to respond and very polite. It is a very good service. Show additional information
I almost went with your mid-range suggestion (Solar Sunwerx), but Enviroshop eventually matched their price and offered a deal with hot water. Show additional information
We were given time and effort by the salesperson/representative, no pressure on our side to buy or not to buy, helped us all the way till we finished/completed with our solar installation and application in applying to our grid.
Waiting period is within acceptable range(but you can actually say that they are processing things in a timely manner). At the moment, we are waiting for the acceptance from our electricity distributor, but we are using our solar now.

Mark Group were my second choice. Difference was in the (perceived) quality of panels & inverters. Your comparisons on the inverters was an important part of the final decision as we went with SMA.
Secondly Envirogroup were the only ones to suggest splitting the array into 8 panels north and 8 panels north-west/west to maximize solar capacity. We are a flat north-east facing & sloping (10 degrees) roof space so placing a rack to 30 degrees north-west made sense. This gave extra generating capacity when we needed it, ie when we are actually at home after work - especially in summer.
We got a 2.5 kW system - not 3... :-) The salesman was very helpful and informative - we got the quote first from Enviro Group then got the 3 from your site. When we had a quote from Mark Group which came out cheaper we went back to Enviro Group and they added a Solar Eye unit into the mix. This with the subtantial discount they were offering because they were being advertised by our council made us stay with Enviro Group.

One other experience made us stay with Enviro Group - Mark Group was selling what seemed to be a comparative system for a comparitive price without the council sponsored discount so we thought that the value for money was better - but the salesman was VERY pushy - he would not let us check with our other quote before leaving and insisted that we make a decision with him there - so we put a $200 deposit down - then decided to stay with Enviro Group - we have not yet - after 2 months - received back the deposit from Mark Group. That I'm happy to sacrifice - I am not happy with the hard selling technique of the salesman from Mark Group.

Enviro Group did everything as promised with the installation - plus more in my opinion - our house was "owner built" and since then I don't think it's ever had a licensed electrician inside. The Enviro Group salesman saw the state of our panel and suggested that they send out their head electrician - He found nearly everything wrong that there could be with our electrics - none of the power points were earthed and even the split system air conditioner had some dodgy electric work done and that had been installed by Licensed people from Harvey Norman..... I digress......Our tiles also were a problem - they are pretty fragile and many broken in the process of getting the panel frames up - so they had to come back a second time with more tiles and more work to make the house safe electric wise -

We are VERY HAPPY with this extra service from Enviro Group.

Are now in the process of waiting waiting waiting for our local Distributor to come and flick the switch on our smart meter so we can turn on our system.

We have decided to stay with our retailer until everything is on before considering a change - the buy back and rebate schemes are all very confusing at the moment. The two quotes from our retailer are difficult to understand. We will see what happens when the bills come in. Our decision to go with solar is not an economic but a moral decision - it is now possible for us to afford the panels so that in a small way we are doing our part to reduce the greenhouse emmissions by using Green Power.... he he - our retailer sells us 100% green power - they will buy it from us at .08 per KWH and sell it back to us at some exhorbitant price....but that is our choice.
Of the three quotes thru Solar Quotes, only Bradford Solar was most proactive and reasonably priced. Mark Group never came back with a quote whilst Madison Australia was too expensive (>$7000). I ended up going with Enviro Group (recommended to me by my architect) as their service was prompt and reliable. They answered all my questions honestly and priced several options for me. Bradford did beat them on price but were too slow in doing the solar assessment and quote. Enviro Group took the time to come out and do the solar assessment with the Solar Eye and gave me the report prior to me committing to anything. This allowed me to make an objective assessment of the solar installation.
By the way, I would like to thank you for the excellent tools and links on your site that allowed me to make my decision on a rational basis.
I have already posted a review of Enviro Group on your website.
EnviroGroup answered all my questions and gave me several quotes for different systems (budget and mid-priced).

The customer service was prompt and courteous and they did a free solar access assessment with the Solareye which helped me understand the potential losses of energy production from shading.

In terms of pricing, they would be on the more expensive side but this is balanced by their excellent service.\r\nI ordered the system just prior to the Victorian TFIT change announcement and I had the system installed within a week of the order.

The inspection was done and the paperwork submitted to the retailer the week after. So within approximately 3 weeks from the date of order, I have received my TFIT offer from my retailer and will be signed up well before September 30 cut-off date.
Customer service and installation were/are excellent. The problem to date is the slowness of grid connection.Why it takes up to a month to reprogramme a smart meter tobe able to start up the system is beyond me Show additional information
It is difficult trying to compare apples with apples, and knowing whether or not a system is cheaper as its lower quality or a good price. Show additional information
Highly recommend Envirogroup. They were genuinely interested in getting the right system for us rather than just making a sale. Prompt and friendly service and the system was installed quickly. Show additional information
These guys weren't the cheapest, but they were able to convince me that the quality of the systems that they were offering were going to give me the best value in the long run. Their customer service was also very good - especially their installer, Allen, who did a brilliant job and was extremely helpful. Show additional information
What people are now looking for as well as advice regarding solar panels, inverters etc. are good reliable means of comparing solar energy power to homes and comparison of prices and feed in tariffs etc. Show additional information
EnviroGroup were the only retailers who came out who could answer all my questions, could give me a range of product and warranty options and who were appropriately accredited. Show additional information
Due to an unforeseeable series of events the wrong type of panels - under specifications [a 1.5kW instead of 2.1kW system] but of a higher quality - were installed on my roof. Mistakes happen to everyone but how they are dealt with is a matter of character and honour. The head of EnviroGroup's subcontracted solar installer team, Martyn, discovered the discrepancy, worked out how the problem had occurred and returned the next day with three additional panels to rectify the problem. It would have easy for his team to walk away from a passable job - everything seemed to work okay so it would have taken me a long time to discern the difference - but something made Martyn return and complete the job, and complete it well.

With regard to the rest of the team at Envirogroup, overall my experience was positive. Like any new endeavor, its worth doing the extra homework and making sure you understand as much as you can. Not everyone is as mindful as Martyn, nor can we expect them to be. Pay attention, treat everyone you encounter with respect and patience and everything will be fine.

Would I recommend Envirogroup? Yes.
We were first interested by the very cheap systems currently advertised everywhere. However, we began to discover that companies that provide proof of a solar manufacturers reliability and efficiency, consistently cost quite a bit more and around the same price (20K for a 3kW system before rebate).

In the end we chose to go with a larger system than what we were first considering, mainly because we were buying proven technology and reliability. Although we are initially paying more for the system, because it is larger, the time period for payback (saving power as well as supplying back to the grid) works out to be roughly the same time period.
Solar is a new industry. As a result customers are learning how to assess options and offers, and companies are learning how to provide customer service to public that is largely uneducated in the field when history has involved a savve client group.

Customer service has not been a necessary strong point. Sorting through the many 'easy dollar dealers' has been time consuming and finding the credible organization difficult but made easier in my case with the support of local council environment initiative. I highly recommend EnviroGroup.
Very honest sales. Consistent with a lot of the content provided by Finn.

Openly discussed issues with REC's/STC's and selection of a retailer/company to go with once system installed - good list provided with pro's and con's with each retailer (buyer of electricity) and appropriate disclaimers around "make sure you get most up to date information when choosing your retailer".

Honest discussion around costs of panels and components and happy to answer any questions. Full product information supplied.
First of all I tried and got about 8 - 10 quotes. All companies were using the same products... (Most can use the same if they want to) this means you're dealing with the same products and you can try to crunch numbers... saving you $$$$$$$. (Same inverter and the same solar panels with the same warranty). This made my job so easy at the end because at the start everyone wanted my business and all were using different products and I was totally confused. Let the sun shine on my panels... see ya. Show additional information