G-Store Pty Ltd Reviews

About G-Store Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

G-Store Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
G-Store Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 95 123 910 789  ABN active since 06 Jun 2018 | G-store Pty Ltd
ACN: 123 910 789  ACN active since 15 Feb 2007 | G-store Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $11,000 - $13,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

G-Store is a Total Home Energy Efficiency services provider, operating in Melbourne for over 10 years.

They know solar, offer consultative energy management focused solutions, provide free measure, quote and solar mapping services so you have opportunity to understand the different types of output results you can expect based on the solar system you choose to install on your home.

Due to significant experience in the Victorian residential & commercial solar industry, Premium Authorised Installation provider status has been achieved with the very best manufacturers of solar components.

Only CEC Accredited Installers are used.

Service, before and after sale has been the keystone focus of G-Store since its inception over 10 years ago and is the reason for thousands of happy customers.

G-Store current absolute premium recommended solutions are with products from LG Electronics for solar modules accompanied with Enphase Micro Inverter technology.

Due to development in the Energy Storage space in Australia, G-Store is able to provide quality advice on Total Energy Management solutions for your home or business.

G-Store are located at 1095 Dandenong Road, Malvern East 3145 and      33 Princes Way, Warragul 38

G-Store Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

The Devil is in the Detail

Based on recommendations by Solar Quotes I spent several weeks obtaining quotes from a variety of installers around Melbourne, all of whom gave me the standard “sales” interface with not a great deal of technical detail. Our roofspace is 1940’s era and complex and I requested some very specific installation requirements based on what I had read in Finn Peacock’s book The Good Solar Guide, including diverted PV hot water which I thought was a brilliant idea. I gave up on the initial recommendations and went back to Solar Quotes for help. This time they suggested Adam at G-store and I was put instantly at ease with his knowledge of his products and the installation process. Adam sent through a highly detailed set of documents with all the information I was seeking from other installers but was not forthcoming. Even though Finn Peacock had advised to insist on a site visit I was comfortable enough with what Adam had conveyed to proceed with G-store sight unseen. All in all the whole experience was really well organised and seamless, from Helen in the G-Store office to the scaffolders at the start/finish, through to Paul the site foreman (wicked sense of humour. Had me going a few times) and the really switched on sparky and crew of young installers. I would recommend these guys to anyone embarking on the Solar Experience. We did commit to more expenditure than anticipated but I am totally rapt with this system and can’t stop checking in on the App and online graphs- my son tells me to stop it or I’ll go blind… Show additional information

10kW system and Powerwall 2 - Bentleigh East

I have had a wonderful, successful experience with G-Store. Adam was very helpful.. (:-)) I still haven't seen him face to face but all the communications were top notch. Shannon from the support team was always communicating to keep me up to date.

In July 2019, the LG Panels and Enphase Inverters were installed and we have enjoyed total reliability. We went with G-Store because of SQ recommendations, excellent communication with Finn and the team. We only asked G-Store for a quote because I was satisfied they would deliver on their promises. This service gave us the confidence to order our Powerwall 2 which as installed 3 days ago.

The installers for both systems were polite, accommodating and nothing seemed to worry them.. Installation was swift and no dramas..

The Powerwall2 was installed 2 weeks ahead of the planned date and the Solar system was installed on time, in winter, between rain showers..

I haven't had to worry about any connections, all done professionally and no lags etc.. We are with AGL and United Energy are the provider.. All of the paper work came through without any interaction and all in all it has been a top class experience.

Great team....

Premium gear 4.9 kw LG panels and enphase micro inverters

The sales/quoting process was very professional and helpful thanks to Lauren with lots of info on the the system
The installation went very smoothly and in a timely manner thanks to Josh and his team
electrical inspection and grid connection took couple of weeks (out of g-stores hands) the system is up and running with some good results.

I would highly recommend G-Store and its team to family and friends

Very happy with the 3.5kWh system

Adam from G-Store walked me through everything! From choosing the right system size, panel and inverter brands, monitoring, rebate, payment plan and so on. At the time, Enphase also had a promotion and I got an extended warranty to 20 years (originally 10 years) which is quite nice. Installation day with Paul also went smoothly. Show additional information

First Class Experience

I contacted 4 solar installation companies and following the guidelines from Solar Quotes none of these ticked all the required boxes, in fact they all fell short by some distance. I then came across G-store on this site and after reading the reviews I contacted them. The total experience from when I first started discussing my needs to the smooth installation was first class and a class or 2 above the other 4 companies. No question was too silly and time was taken to explain. Things happened quicker than I expected and help continued after installation. We were also fortunate to be able to take advantage of a special offer, from Enlighten and LG and therefore end up with a very high products. We have had these products working for 8 months now and couldn't be happier and have saved hundreds off our electricity bills. I highly recommend contacting a few companies (including G-store) to compare and you will notice the difference. Show additional information

Solar system

Very prompt and very helpful filling out the government rebate. The installation team were on time and helped me with a bird issue. The total installation was carried out without me worrying Show additional information

Good choice of installer, satisfied customer - 5.6kW LG/Enphase system

Initial contact, system design and quoting went well. Just the right amount of contact from G-Store, no hard-sell. Adam walked me through the entire process, including rebate applications. The information and quote received gave me confidence that I knew exactly what I was getting.

Installation happened on the nominated day, the team was punctual and looked after our home as they went about their work. They even found a fault in our switchboard and resolved it for us. They left the site clean and tidy.

G-Store's documentation helped me navigate this whole (unfamiliar) process - really helpful.

All-in-all, there's probably a bit of a price premium compared with installers/retailers, but to me it seemed to be worth it.

I can recommend G-Store without hesitation.

Great Store!

Matt was the ONLY person from the 4 companies I contacted for a quote to come out and inspect the house and talk to me face to face about what I was looking for.
He was very thorough with the systems that I could have. I chose 2 different types and he sent me through the quotes.
I gave Matt the go ahead and Lee the installer called me to arrange a time. He arrived On time. We did a walk through together of exactly what he was going to do and how he would do it. He was finished by 3.30pm and you wouldn’t know he had even been there if it wasn’t for the panels on the roof. He gave me a tutorial on how to use the app to monitor the panels performance also.
I received a follow up call from Matt and Shannon from G-Store to see if everything went well and that I was happy with it. Shannon sent through all the paperwork for grid connection and the inspector to sign off on the install.
I can not recommend G-Store highly enough.
They are personable, knowledgeable and their service is fantastic.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

You are in good hands with G-Store

From the first phone call I felt I was dealing with someone who knows what he's talking about and all my apprehensions fell away. The system was explained thoroughly and the quoting process was honest, prompt and accurate. The installation went very smoothly; the team was pleasant, polite, efficient and tidy. Customer service was top notch even after the installation and I was assisted with getting the system connected to the grid. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend G-Store to family and friends without any hesitation. A very well run business. Show additional information

Happy

We had our Solar system from G-Store.
Adam our contact person was very helpful all the way through the process.
We were also very impressed by the installation team, they did Avery nice and clean job.
I would not hesitate to recommend G-Store to any new costumer.

G-solar everyday any day!

Adam from G-solar was efficient, professional and responsive to me all the time.
We installed a 9.6kwh system and we're extremely happy with the results.
I highly recommend G-Solar. They guided me from the beginning - the government grant - and all the way untill end and post install.
Well done Adam!

A satisfied and excited customer with a new 5.6kWh system

How was the sales/quoting process? Very easy to deal with - G-Store were very helpful and answered all of my questions in a friendly and informative way.
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Installation was delayed one week, but on the day it all went very smoothly.
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? Grid connection was made right after installation and the system was operational (as seen on the MyEnlighten web page). However, the power generated by the panels stopped being used in my house after a couple of hours. I emailed G-Store and they responded quickly and began the process of trying to determine the problem, with myself and the installing electrician. G-Store's manager ended up coming to my place after he'd knocked off work at the end of the day, and in the end worked out what the fault was (software apparently, not the installation), and dealt with what needed to be done to fix it. It was all going again the following day. I am very happy with their service to me. The system has been operating well since then. Thanks G-Store for your prompt support.

Very professional

Very professional, responsive to customisation requests, installers on time and great follow up support. Show additional information

Neat & tidy install!

Informative pre sales and quoting process, constant communication through the order to delivery phase, installers arrived on time and were done within a day as promised despite us having a reasonably difficult cable run. Josh and his team were fantastic, courteous and very neat and tidy. Post sales and install service has been terrific. Show additional information

Good Company, Good Pricing, and Excellent Workmanship

A thank you to all staff at G-Store and to Helen and Euan for assisting me to fill out all paper work for Government Grant. I also thank Matt for putting together a premium 4.9 kw solar system.The installers in Joshua and Travis were friendly and a pleasure to work communicate with. In saying this I would not hesitate to recommend G-Store to anyone wanting a quality solar system, a good company, good pricing and excellent workmanship. Show additional information
The Solar team at G-store are all very helpful, responsive and knowledgeable. Adam willingly spent over an hour with me going through all my questions prior to committing to purchase, and was excellent at explaining technicalities. Show additional information

Highly recommended

G-Store are a pleasure to do business with. The team are professional, know their product, easy to deal with, communicate well and deliver on their word. Their installers do a quality job overall.

This latest installation was adding 6 new PV panels (2kW) to an original 10 PV (3.3kW) panels also installed by G-Store in 2017.

Thank you Michael for your lovely feedback! Show additional information

Very smooth process and helpful staff, high quality solar system

Very smooth process, staff helped us along the way to get such a high quality solar system

Thanks Binbin, much appreciated! Show additional information
I found that the incentive of the offer from Lg and Gstore to replicate the Gov rebate, the swaying point. This will allow us to claim the hot water rebate as well.

The equipment that was suggested, by all quotes is all high end, and the costing between each quote was negligible. The only problem that occurred was that the Ausnet pre approval system gave three different power feedback limits ranging from, on site visit required, to 1.5kw and eventually 2.5kw per phase. (Multiphase site). This conflict caused a Quote to be cancelled, resubmitted and then withdrawn and then the original quote reinstated as the info from Ausnet's pre approval system changed each time. I would suggest take your time to research, make sure you get a site visit and research, research.
Excellent back up support and assistance in dealing with Solar Victoria. Show additional information

Very attentive, great system, great installation

Review: G-Store have done a great job. Adam provided excellent advice during the quotation phase and his planning (positioning and orientation of arrays, prediction of generation) was very detailed. They use high quality products that do cost a bit more. We went with a 15.4 kW system consisting of 44 x LG Neon 2 350 W panels (25 year warranty), Enphase microinverters and a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery. Order to installation was less than a month, including the Powerwall (contrary to the Powerwall review on Solarquotes which says there is a long wait). The installers (Marty, Will and third bloke on second day - sorry, never knew your name - from Solier Electrical Solutions) were bang on the time they said they would come and did the whole job in two days. The site was very tidy when they left. The system was turned on at 4 pm on the second day of installation and we have barely used grid energy since then. The system is superb. The Powerwall usually fills up by about 11 am and delivers all our needs in the evening. The Tesla app is great and is somewhat addictive! On our best day we generated 101 kW (admittedly on a sunny day close to the summer solstice). I highly recommend G-Store.

Thank you Michael for your fantastic review! We are glad you are enjoying your new Solar PV system and Tesla Powerwall 2! Show additional information

Clean Install

Designed a system to meet our energy usage, 4 panels East, 10 panels West. Took the time to answer all my questions (there were lots) in person, email and phone. The installation was booked for 7 business days from deposit, and switched on 11 days after the install after an external inspection. The install went smoothly and looks very clean. G-Store continues to remotely monitor the panels after installation to ensure they are functioning correctly, and provides annual recommendations on whether we're getting the best energy rates from our supplier. G-Store is a great team to work with. Show additional information

Knowledge, efficient and punctual

G store were honest, quick to respond and installed without fuss when they said they would. Show additional information

Great installer. Super happy

Very helpful through the whole process of planning, selection and install.. They were able to answer very technical questions and provide suggestions for the best possible system for my needs Show additional information

BEST experience with the BEST price...happy I chose the BEST company

Matt was our sales consultant and was very helpful. Solar can be confusing and Matt walked us through and recommended the best system for us. We went LG black 370w panels, 34 of them 10KW and Enphase micro inverters we also had a reclaim hot water service installed The installers both for the solar and Hot water were great neat and efficient with the whole thing done properly. The installers arrived on the specific date We are very happy with the system and would recommend G Store to anyone Show additional information

Great installer and product

Made getting solar easy, very informative and well organised, good customer service Show additional information

Highly recommended company - the right products and the right people.

We came across G-Store through SolarQuotes and it was the fourth company we chose to obtain a quote for our residential home solar system. G-Store came highly recommended on SolarQuotes and in addition to being a Clean Energy Council approved solar retailer, G-Store are also a LG Platinum Authorised Energy Specialist and an Enphase Premium Installer. From the moment we spoke with Adam at G-Store, we knew we wound go ahead with the company. The right quality products, long warranties and the right people coordinating and installing our solar system. The process was clearly communicated and explained to us every step along the way and everything was completed in a timely manner. The system is now up and running and we couldn't be happier with the system and the ongoing customer service we have and will receive with G-store. We have no hesitation and have already recommended G-store to family, friends and neighbours. Show additional information

G-Store and Excellent Service and Installer

My interest in the solar panel system started many years ago and last month, my husband and I decided to get it. We spent a lot of time surfing the internet and found the "Solarquotes" website from which we noticed G-Store as one of the top 10 solar installers. After a few emails and conversations on the phone, at the G-store in Malvern, we met Adam who was very friendly, natural and helpful explaining how the solar panel system worked. Sales quotations process was smooth. Helen, Adam did an excellent job at response turnaround. The installation scheduling was quick and efficient. Every thing went extremely smooth with Paul Clark and the team, no roof tile had to be replaced. Paul spent some time making sure that our front yard was clean before saying goodbye to us.
Once the PV panels were up, a site inspection and the highly critical meter recalibration were promptly organised. G-Store and Adam assisted us organising the grid connection after the install. I am extremely happy with the pleasant end-to-end experience.

Put the work in to come up with the best solution = got the job

G-Store were light years ahead of the competition in providing detailed information and looking at my personal usage and site to come up with a solution that best meets my needs. Adam was extremely helpful in explaining why he was proposing what he did and answering all my questions at length. The installers were punctual, polite and very tidy. Communication with the entire team has been efficient, information rich and clear.
Very happy with the whole process and looking forward to years of quality solar power. For the record, my system is 4.9kW with 14 x LG NeON 2 350w V5 - LG350N1C-V5 and Enphase IQ 7+ Microinverters.

Very happy with the whole process, easy to deal with, contact & support & service we found outstanding.

As described prior, happy with all processes & the men that came this morning were very professional , worked hard on a very hot windy day & had it up and running in now time at all. They cleaned up after themselves and were very polite. Show additional information

Professional, timely and quality

Matt and his team at G-Store made the whole process easy, quick to provide a quote and ready to answer any questions. Agreed to a date for installation of both the Solar Hot Water and replace an existing air conditioner. All went extremely well.
highly recommend G-Store.

Excellent installation process

Adam made it a smooth sale and was so helpful and Marty and his guys were really nice and professional, I would definitely recommend getting your solar through GSTORE. Show additional information

Solar panel installation and Switchboard upgrade

Excellent service by G-Store !!!
Very impressed. No hidden costs . Friendly service .
Very smooth process from getting the quotes to connecting to the grid.
Thank you .

Only the best!

Adam from g-Star was referred to us by another customer. I still decided though to get two quotes by comparison to familiarize myself with the process and the professional advice. By far Adam was more professional , experienced and offered the best possible solution for my circumstances. Adam was familiar with the area , the coastal conditions and ensured from the onset materials used would be suitable for salt based areas, unlike the Alternative quote.

Adam also attended site following the desktop proposal to ensure the solution would be practical and possible.

Would not hesitate referring others to G-Store

True Solar Artisans!

Sales quotations process was smooth. There was absolutely no pressure at all with G-Store, which I had the displeasure with another company. Adam did an excellent job at response turnaround and he was really generous with his narratives. Installation scheduling was quick and installation itself went extremely smooth. Only 3 roof tiles had to be replaced....this itself speak volumes of the care taken during installation. Once the PV panels were up, a site inspection and the highly critical meter recalibration were promptly organized. I am extremely happy with the pleasant end-to-end experience. Show additional information

GREAT JOB ALL ROUND

From the time I walked into the G-Store in Warragul and meet Matt for the first time and a sit down and discussion meeting at our home I new we had found the right people to deal with.
At no time was there any trying to up selling just good straight forward and transparent discussion as to the solar system that we needed.
Helen in the office along with Shannon have been great to deal with and helpful in all inquires that I had. From the time the rebate had been given to me I was given a time line of what the installation program would be and that went like clockwork .
As a building contractor myself I require good time planning and subcontractors working in together and working with a timeline in mind, this I saw happen from the fall protection being installed to Lee the electrical contractor and his crew installing the panels and other required electrical works involved.
There was a small thing that I noticed that I was not happy with putting on the clients that I was able to address with Lee it was to do more so a visual aspect we came up with a plan and it was solved in no time.
If I was to have a complaint it would not be with the G -Store at all but more so with with the Solar VIc providing the rebate the process was a under prepared to handle the applications.
Over all I would rate my experience with the Warragul G- Solar fantastic great people to deal with they believe in what they are doing and products they sell

Can't go past them for quality and service

Excellent advice and explanation, lovely installer did fantastic job and communicated really well.
We're very happy with the whole process and how the system now functions

As described, that is all I ask for!

Pre-advice was comprehensive and useful. Cliff and the team arrived on time and were done in half a day. System works well and all as described. What more can I ask for? No it was far from the cheapest install but I had some "entertaining" quotes when what I wanted was to be sure it would be done right, it was. Show additional information

Great people to deal with

Very competitive quote received. Installation was friendly, efficient and in the time frame given. Panel layout on roof did have to be altered on the day of installation but was via discussion. Great customer service and follow up. System is working very well. All aspects of grid connection attended to and facilitated on the day of installation. Show additional information

Excellent customer service

I really enjoy to have conversations with Adams, he is really a good listener and very keen to explain to all your questions about
different system available in the market now. The installation was on time and finished in one day even there were a little bit of raining on site
The installation team is very nice and clean up everything before they left.

Great Service, System & Installation from G-Store

11.2 kW System: LG Neon2 350W panels x 32 incl. 8 tilt frames. Enphase IQ7+ Microinverters. Half second storey & half first storey roof install in regional area (Torquay, Vic) across E, N & W directions. Communication with Euan was great, installation by Martyn & 2 crew was great (18 days after order).
I chose G-Store because they offered the premium LG/Enphase system I wanted & were preferred installers for those products.
Performance: 1 week post-installation, highest to date >70kWh on a mostly sunny day in mid spring in Victoria. All other days (mixed cloud/rain/sun) > 50kWh.

Excellent service from start to finish

Excellent service from start to finish.
Explained options and each stage of the process to us.
Electrician did an excellent job installing new fuse box into limited available space.

Professional, Knowledgable and Efficient Installation

We knew very little about solar generation and the installation process. The G-Store team were patient and explained every detail to us.
The ongoing support once install was completed is thorough too.

The Installers were friendly and were in and out in a day leaving no mess behind.

Thanks G-Store!

Quality installation and advise.

G-Store Warragul were easy to deal with, recommended 16 x LG Neon 2 345w panels with Enphase Micro Inverters for a 5.52kW system,
They handed most of the rebate process (federal and state) and installation was booked in and completed as communicated.
The inspection and electrical certificates were all sorted within weeks, the biggest delay was the retailer, although as soon as the system was connected and switched on we were no longer importing power during the day which reduced our first bill and we are now seeing around 15-25kWh exported per day.
The Enphase Enlighten app was setup and has been great.

Totally satisfied with my system and installation

I researched the panels and micro inverters prior to getting a quote, but also found the quote and sales process with G store very informative. Lauren provided a lot of information and was happy to discuss details at length with me. The quote was competitive, but not the cheapest however I chose G store for their exceptional customer support and focus to detail. Installation was a breeze, the panels look great on my roof and I'm now addicted to checking my enphase app to monitor how much energy I'm producing! I was so satisfied with this process that I have already referred many family members and friends. Show additional information

Professional service, high quality installation

Professional, friendly service. Attention to detail and great communication. Pleasure to deal with!
Installation was flawless with Lee and his team being friendly, punctual, neat and tidy. Everything went to plan. :)
Grid connection and meter reconfig went smoothly with no issues.
Highly recommend G Store and their team.

Best of the Best Solar Installers in Every Aspect!!!

I was recommended SolarQuotes website which I found to be very informative and helpful so asked for 3 quotes through the web-site.

Adam from G-Store contacted me within the day and immediately sent me the information that I needed. Over a period of about 2 weeks, Adam responded to my emails, phone calls, messages promptly and answered all my questions (more than 30!!) with clear explanations, pointing out the reasons why each of his recommended components was best for our particular house in terms of cost, payback, reliability,warranty, future needs, other options etc. Adam's response were always prompt, clear, precise and straight to the point and honest with his explanations. We agreed to G Store submitting the 10 REC panel/Fronius Primo 3 with Fronius Smart Meter system to VicSolar to apply for the Victorian Govt rebate.

(I had also requested for quotes from 3 other installers but felt that their costs, products, responses to my queries were far from what I would like.)

The installation crew arranged by G Store arrived on punctually on the day of installation. Headed by Cliff, the team of 3 worked tirelessly through the morning, tidied up and provided a detailed explanation of what we has is done, and what else need to be done regarding inspection, feed-in tarriffs, setting up the Fronius Smart Meter monitoring system.

We had difficulties managing some tasks on our own (submitting our application to Solar Vic for rebate, setting up our mobile device to monitor production and feed-in etc) but in each case, Adam and Shannon (G Store Installation Manager) provided us the needed assistance quickly and efficiently.

We are now waiting for the finalisation of feed-in tarriffs and any changes to our meter configuration which Origin, our energy provider will do within the next two weeks (all these being organised by G-Store without any input or costs to us).

G Store is really an amazing company to deal with. I have not many other companies that is runned so efficiently and so customer oriented. I highly recommend G Store to all my friends for solar installations!

Amazing service, great product, easy to deal with

I had a great experience with g-store and all of the staff involved. Very easy to deal with. Made the process quick and easy to do. I can’t recommend Adam and the team from g-store enough. Great quality product and amazing quality service from start to finish and beyond!!!! Very helpful when it came to the government rebate aswell. Show additional information