G-Store Reviews

About G-Store, Solar Installers

G-Store
Platinum Partner
G-Store is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

G-Store is a Total Home Energy Efficiency services provider, operating in Melbourne for over 10 years.

They know solar, offer consultative energy management focused solutions, provide free measure, quote and solar mapping services so you have opportunity to understand the different types of output results you can expect based on the solar system you choose to install on your home.

Due to significant experience in the Victorian residential & commercial solar industry, Premium Authorised Installation provider status has been achieved with the very best manufacturers of solar components.

Only CEC Accredited Installers are used.

Service, before and after sale has been the keystone focus of G-Store since its inception over 10 years ago and is the reason for thousands of happy customers.

G-Store current absolute premium recommended solutions are with products from LG Electronics for solar modules accompanied with Enphase Micro Inverter technology.

Due to development in the Energy Storage space in Australia, G-Store is able to provide quality advice on Total Energy Management solutions for your home or business.

G-Store are located at 1095 Dandenong Road, Malvern East 3145 and      33 Princes Way, Warragul 38

G-Store Solar Reviews

Excellent customer service

I really enjoy to have conversations with Adams, he is really a good listener and very keen to explain to all your questions about
different system available in the market now. The installation was on time and finished in one day even there were a little bit of raining on site
The installation team is very nice and clean up everything before they left.

Great Service, System & Installation from G-Store

11.2 kW System: LG Neon2 350W panels x 32 incl. 8 tilt frames. Enphase IQ7+ Microinverters. Half second storey & half first storey roof install in regional area (Torquay, Vic) across E, N & W directions. Communication with Euan was great, installation by Martyn & 2 crew was great (18 days after order).
I chose G-Store because they offered the premium LG/Enphase system I wanted & were preferred installers for those products.
Performance: 1 week post-installation, highest to date >70kWh on a mostly sunny day in mid spring in Victoria. All other days (mixed cloud/rain/sun) > 50kWh.

Excellent service from start to finish

Excellent service from start to finish.
Explained options and each stage of the process to us.
Electrician did an excellent job installing new fuse box into limited available space.

Professional, Knowledgable and Efficient Installation

We knew very little about solar generation and the installation process. The G-Store team were patient and explained every detail to us.
The ongoing support once install was completed is thorough too.

The Installers were friendly and were in and out in a day leaving no mess behind.

Thanks G-Store!

Quality installation and advise.

G-Store Warragul were easy to deal with, recommended 16 x LG Neon 2 345w panels with Enphase Micro Inverters for a 5.52kW system,
They handed most of the rebate process (federal and state) and installation was booked in and completed as communicated.
The inspection and electrical certificates were all sorted within weeks, the biggest delay was the retailer, although as soon as the system was connected and switched on we were no longer importing power during the day which reduced our first bill and we are now seeing around 15-25kWh exported per day.
The Enphase Enlighten app was setup and has been great.

Totally satisfied with my system and installation

I researched the panels and micro inverters prior to getting a quote, but also found the quote and sales process with G store very informative. Lauren provided a lot of information and was happy to discuss details at length with me. The quote was competitive, but not the cheapest however I chose G store for their exceptional customer support and focus to detail. Installation was a breeze, the panels look great on my roof and I'm now addicted to checking my enphase app to monitor how much energy I'm producing! I was so satisfied with this process that I have already referred many family members and friends. Show additional information

Professional service, high quality installation

Professional, friendly service. Attention to detail and great communication. Pleasure to deal with!
Installation was flawless with Lee and his team being friendly, punctual, neat and tidy. Everything went to plan. :)
Grid connection and meter reconfig went smoothly with no issues.
Highly recommend G Store and their team.

Best of the Best Solar Installers in Every Aspect!!!

I was recommended SolarQuotes website which I found to be very informative and helpful so asked for 3 quotes through the web-site.

Adam from G-Store contacted me within the day and immediately sent me the information that I needed. Over a period of about 2 weeks, Adam responded to my emails, phone calls, messages promptly and answered all my questions (more than 30!!) with clear explanations, pointing out the reasons why each of his recommended components was best for our particular house in terms of cost, payback, reliability,warranty, future needs, other options etc. Adam's response were always prompt, clear, precise and straight to the point and honest with his explanations. We agreed to G Store submitting the 10 REC panel/Fronius Primo 3 with Fronius Smart Meter system to VicSolar to apply for the Victorian Govt rebate.

(I had also requested for quotes from 3 other installers but felt that their costs, products, responses to my queries were far from what I would like.)

The installation crew arranged by G Store arrived on punctually on the day of installation. Headed by Cliff, the team of 3 worked tirelessly through the morning, tidied up and provided a detailed explanation of what we has is done, and what else need to be done regarding inspection, feed-in tarriffs, setting up the Fronius Smart Meter monitoring system.

We had difficulties managing some tasks on our own (submitting our application to Solar Vic for rebate, setting up our mobile device to monitor production and feed-in etc) but in each case, Adam and Shannon (G Store Installation Manager) provided us the needed assistance quickly and efficiently.

We are now waiting for the finalisation of feed-in tarriffs and any changes to our meter configuration which Origin, our energy provider will do within the next two weeks (all these being organised by G-Store without any input or costs to us).

G Store is really an amazing company to deal with. I have not many other companies that is runned so efficiently and so customer oriented. I highly recommend G Store to all my friends for solar installations!

Amazing service, great product, easy to deal with

I had a great experience with g-store and all of the staff involved. Very easy to deal with. Made the process quick and easy to do. I can’t recommend Adam and the team from g-store enough. Great quality product and amazing quality service from start to finish and beyond!!!! Very helpful when it came to the government rebate aswell. Show additional information

Quality product, professional service

Very professional! Quality product! Amazing installers! The whole process from start to finish was smooth, supported and really well communicated (except for the government rebate process... If I could give the government a rating it would be 0 stars) Even after the installation they assisted with recommending the best retailer's in our area for solar to the grid. The installation team came in well prepared, on time and they completed the installation perfectly with utmost professionalism. If you want a quality job, go with a quality retailer and installer. We could not be happier! Thank you especially to Adam who coordinated the process and Marty who led the installation team on the day the system went up. Show additional information

Great service and product!

G-Store were great throughout the entire process. I had Adam helping me from the Malvern store. His advice was great, he didn’t just tell me what to get, he asked questions and listened to my needs and what kind of electricity usage I have and he recommended a solar system size based on this, but still taking into account my budget and future plans. He gave me options and explained the benefits and weaknesses. G-store really do use high quality and long life products.The response times were great and once my solar rebate was approved installation was booked in for within a week. The installers were great, in and out quickly, left the place neat and tidy and followed up promptly with a small teething issue that arose. The follow up and support really made everything really easy. Adam organized the connection to the grid, he took care of everything for me, all I had to do was sign and pay. I now have a great system, producing more than enough electricity to cover my usage and more. I highly recommend Adam and the team at G-Store. The service was so good I’ve even gone back to them for evap aircon installation. Show additional information

Easy to work with and installed a high quality system within our requested timeframe (asap)

Quick and easy to deal with to obtain a quote. Nice folk Show additional information

Excellent customer service

When my system developed some micro-inverter problems G Store identified the issues and replaced the faulty items promptly and at no cost to me. The repair was done very efficiently and the system is now working better than ever Show additional information

Excellent Installation and great customer service

Great expertise when quoting, very helpful and professional, will work with your budget.
Installers were friendly, polite, professional and didn't compromise safety.

Excellent service

Very professional approach and service. Went to great lengths to achieve maximum output and accommodate very tight installation requirements. Show additional information

Responsive design and installation

Sales quoting was factual, responsive and not pushy. System designed to allow easy battery inclusion at later date. Installation team was excellent, provided good communication back to G Store to deal with a couple of minor variations in design and panel placement. Grid connection has been organised, waiting for this to happen but still within the 2 week window stated. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer

- Great customer service. Answered all my questions in a professional and easy to understand manner
- Installation went smoothly and was completed in a day
- Would definitely recommend G-Store to others for solar panels

Very Pleased

Arrived on Time installation finished in four hours, excellent service explained everything about installation and the monitoring system. cleaned up well before leaving even vacuumed the roof. Very impressed with workmanship. Saving money from hour zero. Show additional information

Very comprehensive and easy to understand analysis prior to customer proceeding

Cannot fault the sales, quoting and pre sales analysis.
None of my questions could not be answered promptly and with authority. Very impressed.
Installers were on site as agreed, and seemed to know what they were talking about, very professional.
Grid connections, and all the administration also well handled.
Would definitely recommend G-Store (and have done so to some friends already).

Prompt, professional and punctual

All through the process we were given honest and accurate advice and kept informed of our progress through the system by the sales and admin staff.

When it came time to install our panels the installation crew were punctual and arrived on the day scheduled despite some very ordinary weather in the week prior.

The crew finished a very neat installation during strong winds and then talked me through the setup process and left a very clean site behind them!

All in all it has been a great experience.

Thank you William for your lovely review! Giving our customers the best experience is of high importance to us, it's great to hear you have enjoyed this process.
G-Store Team

G Store helped us "get connected" to the Sun!

The sales process with G Store was great. Lauren took the time to understand our requirements and provided more than 1 option for us to consider. She was timely with her communication and gave us time to think about our options. She was thoughtful and considerate during a time of some personal challenges. This was not the cheapest or highest kW system quote I had to consider - but variables such as roof (and therefore panel) direction, panel / inverter quality, company trust, etc. should be weighed up for each case. All things considered I believe we have chosen a quality system which will be long lasting and is upgradable in future. My only constructive feedback is that since there was a delay of a few weeks between setting the date of installation and the installation taking place, it would have been nice to have had a courtesy TXT the day before just to confirm the installation team was coming on-site the next day. We had the install date on our calendar - but we hadn't had any communication since booking in the install date - and given the time that had passed, it would have been good to receive from communication just to be sure it was still happening. Also regarding installation, G Store advised that installers would be on-site between 7:30 and 9:30am - however the team arrived at 7am. Not a big deal - but just something we weren't expecting. The install team were friendly and considerate and had the job done within the day. Although we are yet to be connected to the grid, all the expected processes are moving towards an immanent connection date and G Store provided advice on this process upfront - which was good. Show additional information

Professional E2E service

G-Store were a pleasure to deal with from initial discussions and requirements, the quote walk-through, the install coordination, the installers and after install support.

They have provided me with a quality system that is ideal for my needs at a competitive price and have not tried to up-sell me on unnecessary components.

Happily recommend!

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and recommendation!
Cheers,
G-Store Team

Wonderful product, brilliant customer service

Very happy with the solar panels and delighted to be sending power to the grid. The customer service is amazing. We had internet problems - nothing to do g-store and they came back until it was sorted out despite the fact that they had no obligation to do so. Wonderful!!!!!

Thank you Susan for your kind words, much appreciated.

Professional installation

I’m very pleased that I chose Adam and his team to install our solar system. It is my pleasure and without hesitation, to recommend G Solar to all who want a perfect job and great follow up service.

Thank you for your great review and glowing recommendation.
Regards, G-Store Team

Fantastic Solar Installer

- Excellent customer service, very helpful over the phone.
- Excellent quote, well documented and very reasonable price.
- Hassle free installation, well planned and installation undertaken within a day. From installation to getting connected (after the inspection) it was less than a week. G-Store are very well organised and arranged everything really quickly.
- Very happy with the solar panels. Highly recommend G-Store.

Thanks for your stellar review Clare! It's been a pleasure working with you, we are glad you are enjoying your new system!

Quality Installation with Excellent Support and Customer Service through out the whole process

G-store was extremely helpful when we installed our water tanks over 10 years ago, despite their solar quote was more expensive than some others this time, nevertheless we made conscious decision to go with G-store for our PV solar installation for these obvious reasons. G-store is a one stop shop for all your energy efficient home product, it is more likely to be around in 10 or 15 years time than other smaller outlets. G-store is platinum dealer for LG panels and premium Enphase installer, apparently they do regular service jobs for Enphase. So we would expect their after sale service, maintenance and warranty should be quite good as well. G-store was able to match the state government rebate to allow us to go ahead with the installation before the restart of the scheme from 1st of July.

Matt was our initial contact, he patinently anwered all our questions over the course of nearly 6 months on string inverter vs micro inverter, design for our 3 phase system, panel level monitor cability and future proof for solar battery. We eventually settled on the high end LG Neon R panels and Enphase IQ7 Microinverters. We received our quote after providing copy of electricity bill, photo of switch board and historical usage data, so they know exactly which distributor they have to deal with etc.

Shannon was our installation manager. He is very responsive and easy to talk to. Due the steep roof pitch and over 9 meter height eave, G-store decided a scaffold is required in order to cary out the installation safely all the way to the edge of the roof, although our quote included a 2nd story charge, but I doubt if this included a full scaffold installation, this is when a reputable company makes the difference from the rest, G-store didn't pass on the extra cost for the scaffold installation, they simply just did their best to deliver what we agreed. Shannon was fantastic in resolving this, he kept us informed at every stage and coordinated both scaffold company and the installer to line up our job date beautifully.

Paul was our installer, a very experienced, multiskilled and versitile electrician. He arrived onsite with 3 or 4 of his crew all polite and professional. The wiring job was very difficult to extend the wire from the switch board to the roof, he skillfully identified a cupboard, cut open then sealed it discretly to allow room to install the PV control boxes. It was an even harder task to install an external switch for the future solar battery, Pual had to claw under the house and it was a true miracle that he managed to complete the task with limited under floor space and heigh to operate with. It took us 3 days over 2 weeks to complete our job due to the scaffold, weather and the complexity of our job. Paul and his team cleaned up after themselves. Paul signed off our job and organised the inspector within 2 days of completion, G-store then submitted our grid connection request with our electricity retailer, our solar system was connected to the grid within a week.

Thanks team G-store for a job well done. We are very pleased with LG NeonR / Enphase microinverter performance so far, the individual inverter allows each panel to perform at its highest capacity. Enphase's monitoring app Enlighten is intuitive and easy to use, it is such a delight to watch those blue solar produced data on the graph. The best output for our 6.6 kw system in August Melbourne weather is 37KWh in a day so far. We are happy to report back again of the usage experience in the near future, meanwhile we will not hesitate to recommend G-store to anyone who is planning their PV solar installation journey.

Hi Jing,
Thank you for you wonderful review. We are glad we've been able to help you over the years with a variety of products, and most recently your new Solar System.

Awesome solar and hot water installer

Quote process webt well. Had a coupke discussion around solar pannel abd then multiple quo tres covering the hot water system.
In the end selected LG solar system with micro inverters and an Apricus evacuated tubes hot water system.
Installation went well. Both systems done at same time. During quoting they forgot to check something and due to that hat to come back and adjust the hot water system after installation since they didnt have the correct part with them (system was working but might not have been able to heat during night time all the hot water depending on use). No extra charge to us for this.
Both systems work well. Solar pannels over this dark winter are outperforming the average estimated daily production.
Team is very helpfull with questions.
Might have been able to get the same systems slightly cheaper somewhere else but the info during quoting and post support is awesome.
I definetely will use them again in the future.

Thank you for your kind review Reto, much appreciated!
G-Store Team

Exceptional pre-sales support through to installation and commissioning

G-store was the most expensive of the three options that I was quoted. But as we know, not all systems or services are the same.

It started with Adam from G-Store asking for a historical data download of energy use and some photos of my switchboard so he could do full modelling of our expected energy use and how the solar system provided would fit in with our usage.
This is a step the others did not ask for, and I don't blame them as the extra time involved in just quoting a system would be costly.
After getting the quote i spent at least an hour on the phone with Adam over a couple of calls talking about the pros and cons of the system and arrays quoted. I'm a technical and statistical person, and Adam was able to give me answers made me excited to spend the money.

I then took the quote to an industry wholesaler/distributor that i knew who not only said the system was well priced, but also that G-Store are an exceptional company, even if though they were not a customer of the wholesaler.
The key factors he mentioned was that they do more than solar, so from a business longevity stand-point they are far more likely to be around in 10 years than many of the solar only companies competing at the moment.
The other was G-Store's relationship with LG (the panels we ordered) was 2nd to none.

The installers that came on-site were on-time, knowledgable, polite, neat & tidy.
Adam warned me beforehand that roof tiles break and to have spares on-site for them to swap over and this was the case.
Most trades will break a tile and keep walking and we would have been left to deal with the water damage later.
We actually ran out of spares, so they moved all the remaining broken tiles down to the end of the roof and silicone them up, where I was able to buy some tiles and replace them myself.

I've already recommended a couple of people to G-Store and would happily continue to do so :) I'm so excited that I've made my Enphase live analytics page public so I can share (brag) with all my friends on how well our system is performing.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your awesome review and recommendations! We are super happy your new Solar System has you smiling, and that you've been able to enjoy the performance snapshots from your Enphase Enlighten monitoring!
Cheers,
G-Store Team
Very happy with the G-Store with the service and the system they installed! Show additional information

Top installer, 100% recommend these guys.

Had this system installed before we moved in. G-Store we're great, good communications, keep me up to date with how the system install went. 5 panels North and 11 panels west. Adam and his team went above what I expected with helping me decide which panels to buy and helping me decide orientation. I'll be back with more purchase in the future from them.

Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated! Show additional information

Whole process was of high quality

Efficient quote, quoted VG quality, quality installation. Excellent customer service Show additional information

Great installer and customer service

Nothing bad to say about G-Store - they have great service, make the process very easy and installation was done without a hastle.

Thank you Matt for your awesome feedback! Show additional information

G-Store - I wouldn't hesitate

We researched using Choice what we wanted for our Solar system before deciding to go ahead.
This research led us to we wanted enphase micro inverters and LG panels as the best options for us.
We then researched suppliers and ended up at Gstore. This was for a number of reasons but specifically they were the only ones that worked out our power was 3 phase.

Adam was extremely informative - he asked lots of questions and listed to our answers (really listened - which is why out of all the suppliers we could have gone with - we went to G Store).

Paul was informative and efficient. As the saying goes his team was ran like a "well oiled machine".

Thank you Stephen for the great review! We are glad you were able to find us from your thorough researching, we were more than happy to help you choose the best system for your needs. Show additional information

Fantastic Installator

G-Store have been fantastic from the get go. Helping me with every step of the way to providing my Solar. Very professional, polite and patient with me
The installers were on time professional and tidy

Hi Cat,
Thank you for your glowing review! We are glad you've had a wonderful experience throughout the process of installing your new Solar System.

Professional Service & Great Quality

The quotation process was straight forward, informative and professional. It provided us will all the necessary details to make an informed decision on what sort of solution to get.
The installers were punctual, professional and tidy, and were happy to answer any queries I had.
Overall the G-Store team were a pleasure to deal with and are highly recommended.

Hi Tony, thanks for the great review and recommendation.
Cheers, G-Store Team

Fantastic Installer... Great Job!

Matt from G -Store was very informative during the quotation process
The installers were punctual, very polite and tidy
5 Stars for a job well done!
Thanks!

Thanks very much for your review and kind words Christopher, much appreciated. Show additional information

Highest quality hardware and service

Adam at G-store capably analysed our energy consumption trends, clearly explained the options, and designed our PV system according to our needs.

The installers were polite and tidy arrived as planned and completed the install within one day. Pleasingly they were able to route cabling internally and did a very neat job.

Customer service was always prompt and thorough. Grid connection was organised promptly.

We highly recommend G-store and the LG and Enphase hardware we have chosen.

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your glowing review, and for your recommendation on our preferred premium offering of LG and Enphase!
G-Store Team
The solar rebate scheme form the Vic government while welcome is slowing down installation as it is not easy to access. Show additional information

Great customer service & install

The sales / quoting process was performed on site and was very efficient. Matt provided options and recommendations to suit our requirements making it easy to select the panels, microinverters and HWS.
The installation team were also great, completing the install in one day. It was well co-ordinated and a quality finish.
G-Store followed up after the install to ensure that the grid connection was completed in a timely manner so that we obtained a return on our investment.
The Enphase monitoring system is great enabling us to view our system's energy production so that we make the most of the Solar energy.
Overall, we were extremely happy with the customer service and install...

Many thanks for the kind feedback Neil!

Excellent service highly recommend

Because G-Store are local we chose them. They gave a very quick service

Thank you for your kind words Anthony,

Great Solar install

had system installed and very smooth installation, system is great and working well - very happy

Thank you for your feedback Matt, much appreciated! Show additional information

Happy with the full process

They have a great product and systems. Offering microinverters for each panel is a real winner. They will explain why. Everyone I dealt with was professional and informed. From sales and administration to the installation team. These guys know their product and I am really happy with the end result. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your fantastic review Phil,

It is great to hear you've had a wonderful experience with G-Store.

We work hard to ensure we provide the best quality and service for our customers, your feedback is very much appreciated.

Fantastic Installer

The system was installed on a new building so timing with the builder was critical Performed perfectly Service was immediate when had problems with NBN
Highly recommend this company

My Exerperience

After researching solar systems I was left confused. That was until I stumbled across Adam from G-Store.I found Adam patient and informative.He clearly explained the pro's and con's of various solar systems. Eventually, I decided on 340w LG neon2 panels with enphase micro inverters. Adam provided a graph that forecasted the monthly electricity the system would produce. So far the forecast as be correct. I did not have the internet or an E-mail address, these are important for the system I chose. Adam guided me through obtaining these. Other G-Store staff I spoke to were very helpful. Lastly, I would advise anyone contemplating a solar system to have a chat with Adam prior to making a decision.

Thank you Gordon for your fantastic review! We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience with your Solar purchase from G-Store. Show additional information

Highly recommended. Fantastic customer service

Adam provided excellent customer service and great advice. Very happy with our LG/Enphase system.

Thanks for your 5 star review Paul! Much appreciated.
Of the 3 Companies who quoted G Store were the most thorough and we were the only ones offering a microinverter solution. The also offered a great discount on the LG panels.
Installation was seem less.
I was very happy with them from quotation to installation.

Thanks for the great feedback, Paul.

Knowledgeable installation

Guys at G-store, looked at my house and designed the most efficient product possible (LG panels with micro inverters), at a fantastic price.
(I wouldn't be getting the KWh that I am getting over winter with a string inverter).

They where waiting on me for appropriate time of install and very organised installers.

G-store also to care of all the paperwork they could.
Would highly recommend these guys.

Hi Rob,
Thank you for your glowing feedback! We are glad you are happy with your system, and that you've enjoyed a great experience with G-Store.

Very efficient 10kw LG/Enphase system, mainly East panels

A very satisfying result, Adam and Paul were extremely helpful even though a week of inclement weather. All installed in 2 full days over the week. Full grid connection and on a lovely sunny winters day here in Bentleigh East, Vic and at midday we have already exported to the grid more than our usage since midnight. The Enphase design allows us to maximize the shade issues. We are planning to analyze the usage and then use the battery rebate for batteries. Everything happened as planned, very timely, polite and efficient. The family hardly knew what was going on. There were no issues in the quoting and I can thoroughly recommend G-Store. ***** Show additional information