Green Energy Technologies

Green Energy Technologies Reviews

Green Energy Technologies, the local experts in affordable energy.

GET or Green Energy as we are sometimes referred to is number 1 for value in the Mackay/Whitsunday area.

We pride ourselves on our service and our our extensive network of clients are amazed by the value we offer through product and ongoing support.

Green Energy Technologies are a local company staffed by locals and working for locals. Once you chose Green Energy you will never regret it.

As a local company we are always nearby to make sure you are getting the most out of your solar investment and to assist if you have any queries. We are committed to providing you with exceptional personalized service throughout the entire process, and continuing support long after your system has been installed.

We understand that designing the perfect solar system for your needs is an important decision and are here to guide you through the process and to answer your questions honestly. Our pricing is completely transparent and you will never be charged for any hidden extras such as travel or connection to the grid.

We are proud to install some of the highest quality and most efficient equipment available, with many great features such as broad spectrum light technology for increased electricity production on overcast days, early morning and late afternoons, high clarity anti-reflective solar glass and salt mist corrosion certification.

Our team of fully qualified electricians are able to assist with not only your solar requirements, but also additional electrical works such as switchboard upgrades, bringing energy tariffs across for best usage and generator cut over switches, which are all offered as part of our personalized service.

If you are looking for superior products and workmanship, great local service and ongoing support with your solar energy investment call the friendly Green Energy team today on 07 4940 2900.

Green Energy Technologies Reviews (48)

4.4/5

Professional team, well laid out system to suit our needs

The system we purchased from green energy certainly wasn’t the cheapest however Kelly the sales person was prompt, up front, when their were some potential issues raised regarding our proposed installation Kelly along with one of there senior techs came out promptly and discussed the issues etc with a good resolution, another factor we judged as important was their installation teams are not sub contractors but all employees of green energy, the installation was carried out in a professional manner, would be happy to recommend them to others, kind regards mark

Fantastic service

I feel I got a fair deal for a mid range system that should see me out for 10 to 15 years. Installation went well. They were clean, tidy and on time. Everything was well planned and executed. The crew kept me well informed throughout the day and were able to answer any questions I had. Customer service was fantastic as everything was organised for me.

Very Professional job

Quoting process was informative and and easy to negotiate
Installation was as quoted with a good team doing the job
After sales was great. I didn't have to do anything. Now I just get on line and watch power being produced

Quick and efficient

Quoting polite and informative
Installation quick and efficient tidy and punctual also had to update meter box . Ergon did not approve and want Ergon meter moved to front of house. Installers are coming Friday 18th Jan to rectify . This was the only hassle.

Highly recommended

Thanks to all the team at Green Energy Technologies. A very professional team with exceptional customer service. A special thanks to the admin ladies, Ryan - The Energy Specialist, who went over and above, nothing was too hard, to Paul and Jesse exceptional installers. I would recommend Green Energy Technologies to anyone wanting to install Solar in the future. Best Price and Value for money!! No glitches and running well.
Very Happy
Len & Darlene

Happy camper

Staff were friendly and courteous staff all the way through the process, worked through several quotes to get best option.
Install team were great, work was good quality (system and switchboard upgrade) and moving panels to suit track of sun was not an issue.
Exceptional after sales support, needed to contact installer after hours about circuit breaker issue and it was resolved quickly.
Everything was explained post-install and grid connect all organised.
Ask about the 100 club as there are a few handy perks with it. This is a company building bridges with clients.
Have a local office in Townsville for peace of mind.

I was very pleased with their promptness

GET , where very receptive to the questions I imposed on them/
install was very prompt , and quality
After sales service was very good.
Thankyou for referral & doing the checks for me first. I chose Green Energy Technologies because of good service & guarantees also prompt response initially

Confusing, complex and disappointing

They offered a system that would eliminate my power bill. Then we added extra panels, higher performance panels and a higher efficiency inverter. And I still get 75% of my original power bill.

Original Review on 31-08-2018:

I'm still hoping I've chosen well ,having read so much on SolarQuotes and feeling informed and going for REC panels and Fronius. Original ratings

Value for money: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

8 months later we asked Troy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

considering the amount of times the system specs changed and i had to keep resigning the contract. AND the Fronius inverter is the only thing that ended up matching the paperwork, the system is doing fine.
I do stress when my batteries drop below 80% from forgetting to turn aircons off at dusk. Is great to have everything running and have full batteries on a sunny day.
Thank you solar quotes. You made this journey so much easier offering great advice. Highly recommend!!

Original Review on 25-02-2018:

8 months later we asked Bob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes . Cut our power bill to just charges . About $70 - $80 Solar rebate every month and a very low welcome power bill .

Original Review on 22-09-2017:

In a cyclone area like Mackay the means of accessing the roof through my tiles is critical. One supplier had a terrible system, and the one I went with was recommended by my roof tiler. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 09-09-2017:

I did have one small issue, when they changed the element in the Hot Water system so it does not draw too much power when converted to daytime heating, after 3-4 days a small leak appeared.

I made a phone call to Sales Person (Shirlene) around 4.00 pm same day and at 5.45 same day Eben, the installer had come out and fixed it, all good.

So on that note I was massively impressed. I've managed to get 10 panels on the optimum side (North) and 8 panels on the East-East North side.

8 months later we asked Adrian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, I've dropped from around $700-$1000 previously with an average bill now of around $250, with a 5.2Kw system (18 x 275V Panels)

Once I get some more moolah, I will be upgrading with extra panels, and if enough, certainly get the Battery System to go with it. :)
No alls good.
Great company. Salesman very helpful and provided options. Went with this company as I wanted certain solar panels and inverter which they offered. Big draw card is the Smart Meter which calculates what energy we consume. Installers we great; quiet, polite, asked to use bin, asked where to put sign, totally cleaned up. Next day received a call to see how it was going. Excellent service. Really like the Fronius webpage and app monitoring (install Fronius Pro app). System working well.

Original Review on 11-03-2017:

We were happier with the thought that the company would be monitoring our system as well. Original ratings

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Don: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Better than expected
Great site, with a minefield of information out there it certainly made it all easier to understand and pointed out the pitfalls. Would highly recommend this site for anyone contemplating a solar system.
All the quotes and information from suppliers I contacted were comprehensive and informative. Green Energy were lower in price but still offered better service options. e.g. timer for hot water and monitoring. The system was fitted on 22.03.2017 just seven days before Cyclone Debbie. Their installation crew arrived on time, carried out their work professionally and patiently answered my annoying questions. The installation passed the Debbie test and I feel confident to be able to recommend this company.

Original Review on 06-07-2016:

8 months later we asked Lionel: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We had GET swap out our existing 1.5kW of panels with 2.08kW of new panels and service our system. We are very pleased and we've already noticed a big difference in the output of the system. Very good service & very prompt.
Just a quick note to say thank you to you all at GET for the great job done installing our Solar system.
I could write lots of things but believe that the following says it all:
Shirlz your service and knowledge of the Solar system chosen were 2nd to none. All questions answered and explained. Our installation date was booked and the tradesmen came on time. The actual installation was without hiccup. Appreciation to the boys for wheeling over the bin and placing all packaging in it with out asking, never seen that before!!! They did a great job but also the way they did it – professionally, efficiently in a very friendly manner – they are a real asset.
Fantastic service!
We have a unusual shaped tiled roof, So was definitely not a straight forward job , Everything from start to finish was spot on and even after they had left with follow ups . Could not be happier.
The Green energy team are very easy to work with, and their staff are informative and efficient. Looking forward to saving $$
Went with a battery ready system with power in a blackout. These guys know there stuff. Explained things well at initial consult. The installer was a very good tradesman and done a tidy job. I have access full access to monitoring of my system performance and power usage. And with this being a local company also made it a easy decision.
Helpful approachable staff who know their business.
After completing months of online research, having numerous conversations with multiple solar companies salespeople, it was extremely difficult to know who to trust. It was really easy to get bogged down in all the information. In the end, I decided to go with Bob from Green Energy Technologies. Bob and his team did a fantastic, efficient job in installing our 5kW system. They explained everything to me and answered any questions that I had. What I love about this system is that I am able to log in to the inverter to retrieve realtime usage stats!! We've just received our first Ergon bill and it has almost halved it! We are extremely HAPPY!! Excellent service, staff and products. I highly recommend using Green Energy Technologies. Duane, Qld 2/6/16
Well explained by the sales person and the people who came to install the equipment. Very much recommend them.
Green Energy the way of the future go with Green Energy. We installed a 5kw inverter on the 44c now they are upgrading us to a 6 kw system and we still keep the 44c great work guys. :)
No pressure. Great Salesman. Great team.
More then one system to choose from, lower quality lower price to High quality to higher price. I went with the higher quality system. GET360
There are so many options out there with as many sales pitches. At the end of the day I had to choose a company I could trust into the future, should I need them.
So easy from start to finish. Great to deal with nothing is to hard for these guys. After several visits from salesmen it was nice to talk with a tradesman who clearly had a better understanding of my needs.
The guys on the work crew were very polite and clearly very good at what they do.
I have since recommended Green Energy to any one I know who was looking at solar.
These Guys are excellent. They were a pleasure to have working in our home. very professional. Explained how the system works to us well. Would recommend them highly to anyone thinking solar.
Was the the green energy company from Airlie beach,and move the current system as well,that was all over in the price of 3,500.00 dollars,the job tuned out good,and set up well on my new shed. Finn thanks for your help in this matter. Regards Jeff wayman. Mackay Installion work was good.
Good cheerful installers, listened to our requirements (non standard fitment) and complied cheerfully, really cleaned up after themselves. Left workplace as they found it. If we increase to 5kw, will not look anywhere else.
Prompt quote. Sales person explained things well and never felt "Sales Pitchey"" or pushy.
Prompt installation after quote acceptance.