I Want Energy

I Want Energy Reviews

I Want Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in Moonah and serves TAS. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $6,000 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

I Want Energy Reviews (128)

Original Review on 12-10-2021:

A very good overall experience.

The sales person, office Staff and the installers they were all on the same page and with a similar goal (to have a great outcome for the customer) well done great job. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Living in Tasmania with very low feed in tariffs I was concerned whether it was worth buying solar, however after going ahead and placing panels on the roof almost 12 months ago my concerns proved to be unfounded.
Choosing I WANT ENERGY from 3 other companies formed a large part of my very good outcome.

I want energy

I could not fault I want energy there quoting process was great the Sales person who came explained everything and was very professional

the installation went very well still have to have the battery installed

i have been told that I want Energy will help with the connection after everything is set up

i really happy with there service recommend them to anyone and everyone

Great service; a very tidy, professional install

Both quotes were for similar hardware and were a similar price, but we went for I Want Energy, as their sales-person went to a lot of trouble to get the details right, and their layout was also the tidiest.
The install was on the day specified. It was done neatly and tidily and the installers were polite and helpful.
The work was inspected a few days after the install.
It is now two weeks since the instal, and we are still waiting for Aurora to change the meter, so that we can go to go to Tariff 93.

Customer service

Listened to my requirements. While not achievable due to voltage drop limitations, proposed a suitable solution.
Initial site survey was very thorough and all the members of the team were always approachable and willing to answer all my questions.

The Best Choice

From my first contact inquiry there was a huge knowledge base, high tech remote sizing & an instant, easy to read multi choice quotation system.

Polite & intelligent admin staff sorted install times & communication between the whole team.

The install was completed on time smoothly & thoroughly by obviously experienced professionals - no problems.

I was contacted after the install to ask me if I had any questions which was appreciated.
I Want Energy offered competitive pricing with premium gear & am very happy with the new system.

These guys are by far the best in the country.

Easy process

The process was very smooth. The sales person was excellent and helped us understand many parts of the industry and went beyond what he had to help us. I did get slightly confused by the numerous different people from the company I had to deal with and the numerous emails of information but I was given everything I needed. Highly recommend this supplier.

Professional, quality installation, providing great outcome with the ability to continuously monitor the performance of the system.

Professional installation carried out quickly. Quality panels and inverter providing expected output with performance monitoring via the Web and mobile app.

Original Review on 16-10-2020:

A very pleasing experience.

Very courteous, good communication from I Want Energy. and a good price with an itemized quote.
We were very happy with the contracted installer.who communicated for the installation date, arrived on time, and was very neat with their work. Very happy to recommend this company.

16 months later we asked Gerry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Since having our solar system installed in September 2020, it has been performing without problems as of Feb 2022. The only glitch is accessing the online data which I haven't sorted yet. Overall very happy.

Great install

The team at I want energy were very professional. Quoting was transparent showing us information on costing and quality across the market. Listened to our wants and answers questions well. Weren't rushed or too pushy.

The install was done professionally as we asked and again all questions were answered to completion.

Would highly recommend using I want energy for quoting and installing your solar

Excellent

I had very good service from start to finish
Thankyou

The entire procedure was a very positive experience.I can highly recommend this company

Original Review on 02-06-2021:

Early days but so far so good. While I rated all four 'experiences' it is in fact too early to tell!

Four suppliers were selected to provide quotes and information - all four were suitable. Difficult to differentiate although Finn's criteria proved helpful when ranking all four. Installation went well - on time, completed promptly and advice provided on next steps by both the installer and supplier. Grid connection outstanding at the time of preparing this review, Aurora have contacted me and this is being scheduled. I was informed on how to switch on the inverter and connect it to WiFi. WiFi demonstration was provided and looks promising. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Howard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. My only gripe is that the connection to the app on my phone which keeps me informed about how my panels are performing each day often does not work. However, I suspect this is my problem rather than the providers.

Returning customer!

We first installed solar panels, Fronius inverter, and a Tesla Powerwall with IWE a couple of years ago and this year decided to double the system - the sales advice and customer service was impeccable, we were especially grateful for the explanation for sourcing a different brand of panels due to uncertainty around the ethics of the original brand. On top of this, when global shipping impacted on the original agreement we were offered a free upgrade to both panels and inverter. Installation was a breeze (and was even done early!), also had a Tesla car charger installed and the guys were awesome. As return customers we are as happy the 2nd time as we were the 1st :)

Professional and helpful from start to finish.

Knowledgable and polite sales person made the quoting process informative and answered a few questions we had. The installation team were terrific; polite and punctual and did a fantastic job installing the entire system over two days due to bad weather. Follow up from customer service throughout the entire process was friendly, prompt and professional, including organising grid connection. Would highly recommend this installer.

Sunny Side Up

Really impressed with the whole process. It took me a year to decide but there was no pressure. Excellent communication from the office and professional installers. Panels look fantastic on the roof. Highly recommend I Want Energy.

Maintenance service

Original installer not available, so I want energy to the rescue. Prompt, efficient service to check and assess our system. Great work carried out by professional service technician.

A great experience

Very happy with my system. Got exactly what I wanted and they made the whole process very easy.

Early review of installation.

A well organised process from start to finish. Initial quote, information on system choices, costs, time frame etc excellent.
Installation was prompt, professional, pleasant experience.

Cannot comment further as change of meters ran into snag as nobody had noticed that the backing board contains asbestos and now waiting for metering services for retailer to reschedule as technician on initial date unable to complete. Maybe something initial inspection could note?
Glad I went with local firm, local employees.

Very Happy with the Product & Install

The consulting and sales process was prompt and efficient without being pushy. The install happened as planned once we got past some terrible weather. The install guys did a very nice job and had to contend with some additional work due to our second floor slab impinging on running cable but they sorted that with some additional drilling. With my OK they reworked my garage shelving to get the best fit for the new inverter and it looks very neat. Everything I was told would happen has happened so all in all a great outcome.

Fantastic installer

No complaints the process from the start has been amazing. Alex knows his products and will down with you and work our the best system for your household. Installation was professional. Definitely recommend.

As the owner of a small business I am well aware of customer satisfacion, I found I Want Energy excelent in all regards and would recommend them to anybody

From the initial consultation with the salesman (Mo Awais) to the process of pricing and installation a very pleasant experience indeed.
The installers were prompt, courteous and efficient under extreme weather conditions.

Team Work !!!

Amazing!! From start to finish.
Awesome Work by All the Team at I Want Energy.
Look No Further Than.........

Very happy with the whole process. Very professional from the office staff through to the installers.

The sales process was informative the installation was tidy and punctual
They organized the grid connection all was very easy

Original Review on 07-02-2021:

Totally professional

Although our system has not been installed as yet we have been nothing but happy with the professionalism of I want energy. Alex came to our house spent a good hour and a half explaining the pros and cons of solar. He got on the roof with me and we discussed several options for our east west north roof. I have no doubt that the installation will be flawless and that the company will be there for the long term. After the install I will post an update. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Carl: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system has a east/west facing string and a north facing string. I have found that this format produces power for a long period the day. However another system I have seen with a east facing only string produces more power overall during winter.
I am sure that in summer as my system will produce for much longer during the day, it will prove to be more efficient long term.
Overall “I want energy” have provided what I was looking for

Exceptional Service

This upgrade of my tired and old 1.6kWh system to a 5.2kWh system went like clockwork. I have used I Want Energy a number of times, they are the consummate professionals and give excellent value for money.

I want energy - friendly, knowledgeable and approachable.

I Want Energy - professional, knowledgeable with a friendly service.

The team were very easy to deal with, always approachable and happy to explain any detail we may have been unsure of!

Installers with were prompt and did a fantastic job.

Would recommend this company to anyone looking to install solar power. We are really happy with our end result!

Very organised and easy install

This was my second attempt at Solar after a massive failure from another company. Iwantenergy were fantastic, their quote process was very thorough including getting up on the roof to take measurements. Abi was very friendly and provided the information I needed. The installers arrived on time, and battled the wind to get the job done. The install is very neat and is exactly how I wanted it. There was a slight panel position change required on the day and the installers worked with the office to ensure I was happy with this change. Another standout is the communication from the office. Their processes are down pat ensuring information is received throughout the process.

Good result

Mo from I Want Energy was very thorough with his quotes and in answering any questions I had. The whole process was easy to navigate. The installers were punctual, quick (even in the rain) and neat.
I would happily recommend both.

Great Job

Rob looked after the whole process from start to finish.
The install went perfectly.

Whole process went like clockwork from beginning to end

Everything was clearly explained and questions answered at first contact. Installation was quick and efficient by personable tradesmen. The quote for the [email protected] inns we would make is proving to be accurate and we are very pleased with the outcome.

Happy with solar

When the sun shines we are delighted with the way everything works. Would not hesitate to recommend this Hobart based company as both friendly, helpful and efficient.

A long awaited change has come to be

For many years I have been trying to decide whether to go solar or not but in 2020 I decided it was time. After a talking to a number of companies on what they had to offer we decided to go with I Want Energy. Their middle of range quote was reasonable so it was a yes go ahead. The installation went along without any great issues. The operation of the solar inverter was explained in easy to understand ways. The changes to tariffs were completed in a timely manner by I Want Energy. After a few little hiccups it would appear all is going along fine. Our monthly power bills are a lot less than what they have been in the past. The few questions I have had over the last six months have been answered quickly.

The Very Best

The experience we had was the very best from start to finish and with follow up service since the installation we can only say these guys and girls are fantastic We highly recommend I Want Energy Alex our consultant deserves a massive pay rise.

Efficient and well informed process

Quoting process was very informative - a number of options well presented including hardware choices and arrangement on roof- i think use of pylon software made this easier - 3 different quote occurred on site, were discussed and one agreed on that suited my budget and concerns re: equipment manufacture origins - a much smoother process than those sales people from other firms who said - "yep, we'll get a quote to you tomorrow" and nothing was ever heard! or a cut n paste job that wasn't appropriate and informative enough. Information photos etc were gathered by the rep that made the installers' process easier.
Installers were on time, efficient and no-fuss. Clean tidy work. Thorough system manual and record of install supplied immediately by installers.
Customer service has been very good - at pains to let you know to contact them or visit the shop for further explanation.
Can't wait for Aurora to get the meter happening.
Next step: battery? more panels? EV? lets hope so!

Highly recommended

Great customer service and feedback. Highly knowledgeable staff. Initial contact was thorough. Follow up was as they promised. Installation team were punctual, proficient and happy in their work. Clean up good.
Waiting 9n energy provider now to switch on system. Everything I Want Energy promised, they delivered. I am very happy with their service

Amazing buy and install.. Great experience and will recommend to everyone who wants to install Solar

From the start to the end they were great. Constant follow up to conform the progress of the sale and confirmation of the install.

Product was well explained and all aspects of how I would benefit was discussed. Install happened on the day it was promised.

Great buy. Great customer service.

Fast, Friendly, Efficient Installation

I looked at 5 different companies before selecting I Want Energy to supply and install my rooftop solar system. To be fair they were all friendly and offered 2-3 different systems with quotes. I could not have made an obvious choice between them all. What put IWE above the rest in my considerations was the attention to detail. They were the only company where the salesman went up on the roof to check load capacity, anchorage placement and which roof real-estate got the sun at different times of the day. He then asked what part of the day did we think our energy use was highest. Based on this and a cursory inspection of our previous energy bills he advised a spread of panels across our multi-level/angle roof to maximise our energy collection at the times of day when we would use it. As he explained to us, using your free energy is always going to be more valuable than selling it back to the grid at a reduced rate. Every other company had just advised putting the panels where the maximum solar capture would be. By this different placement we are able to harness the sun’s free energy throughout the day and have noticed a considerable difference in our bills. We were also given a choice of brands for the panel and inverter and we went with a more expensive panel but there was no pushy ness on the part of the salesman on this. We just knew what we wanted. The installers were fast and efficient. The follow-up was friendly and courteous. I would have no hesitation in recommending IWE for anyone’s solar energy needs. In fact I already have. My neighbour now also has an array from IWE!

Very happy so far

After a number of similar, great quotes, ended up going with I Want Energy. Abi our sales person was very down to earth, honest, knowledgeable and not at all pushy. They gave a great quote, best price for a great quality system and lots of detail in the quote about expected outcomes. They were also flexible in waiting for us to organise finance. Haven't had them installed yet but very happy with the process so far.

Prompt and professional

The quote was provided quickly. Installation was completed in a good time frame. The installers were polite, friendly and on time.
All details of installation and grid connection were completed in a timely fashion and the company was always a pleasure to deal with. Disappointed to find out after the installation that because of the transformer on the pole and distance between pole and house that we won't be able to feed as much into the grid as we thought which will reduce value of system.
I know this is not a review of solar quotes but I found the information on their site extremely useful

Brilliant Installer

The sales/quoting was easy, and for me exciting to learn from an expert what can be done for my house at an affordable price.
The installation process was perfect. The installers were very efficient, very helpful and polite with regard to my needs and comfort. They worked hard and complete the job as promised.

Open and clear communications. Friendly reliable on time. Open to listen but also willing to provide sound advice..

All devices provided and assisted in all administration paper work

Friendly and professional

All staff were very professional but approachable and made the whole process very understandable. When we had to change the installation date, IWant Energy were so flexible.
Excellent supporting documentation was extremely helpful.

Thanks Jane!

Professional

We received excellent service right from first contact. Information was freely available and there was no hard sell which we had received from another company. Installers were on time, efficient and neat. Documentation provided us with comprehensive advice on operating our system and we are looking forward to switching on.

Thanks for the review Arnold, so glad we could help you out with your solar needs :)

Great customer communication and follow up. I am happy to recommend I Want Energy.

Efficient and speedy installation. Their Web site is also very informative on solar panels and inverters. I like the quality choices offered. Very friendly and fast follow up by the team. Happy to recommend I Want Energy.

Professional throughout

The quoting process was quick and informative, all my questions and queries were answered which made me feel i was making the right decision.

The installation was extremely professional and quick, still waiting on meter connection it shouldn’t be long now. Many thanks Finn,you helped me find the right system for me and a company that I can rely on in the future. Regards Gary.

Very happy with service and installation

I Want Energy were very prompt to visit our home as requested and inspect the roof and switch board before discussing options and possible roof layout etc.

Very happy with the service so far and look forward to seeing the results on our power bills soon.

Easy and trustworthy

Easy process, the company took care of everything. Professional installation, looks good. Looking forward to it being turned on.

Efficient, friendly and helpful

Quoting - very efficient and organised within a few days of my ringing for a quote; the installation was also very efficient, tidy and gave explanations when we asked for them. They also organised the grid connection - contacting our local electricity company who also organised everything immediately. So all very smooth and hassle free.

Original Review on 23-09-2020:

Good, prompt service

The sales enquiry was dealt with swiftly and a salesman visited precisely on time and was very efficient in developing the quote at the time.
Price was good for the quality of the equipment supplied.
Installer was very good and dealt with a problem very well. He explained the process well and always delivered what he promised.
We now await the final inspection and cut over.
Slight concerns with the Wi-Fi connection to the inverter.

8 months later we asked Alasdair : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has fulfilled our expectations. We have only paid about $40 for power from November last year until May. I'm sure the system won't generate much over winter, but it's already saved us heaps.

Original Review on 20-09-2020:

Great support

Had good contact, info and service throughout with tips for saving money and bang for buck. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rose: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We have had no power bills for 8 months. Now heading into winter I expect our bills will be halved.