I Want Energy

I Want Energy Reviews

I Want Energy is a Solar Power Installation company based in Moonah and serves TAS. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $5,700 - $10,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

I Want Energy Reviews (104)

Good result

Mo from I Want Energy was very thorough with his quotes and in answering any questions I had. The whole process was easy to navigate. The installers were punctual, quick (even in the rain) and neat.
I would happily recommend both.

Great Job

Rob looked after the whole process from start to finish.
The install went perfectly.

Whole process went like clockwork from beginning to end

Everything was clearly explained and questions answered at first contact. Installation was quick and efficient by personable tradesmen. The quote for the [email protected] inns we would make is proving to be accurate and we are very pleased with the outcome.

Happy with solar

When the sun shines we are delighted with the way everything works. Would not hesitate to recommend this Hobart based company as both friendly, helpful and efficient.

A long awaited change has come to be

For many years I have been trying to decide whether to go solar or not but in 2020 I decided it was time. After a talking to a number of companies on what they had to offer we decided to go with I Want Energy. Their middle of range quote was reasonable so it was a yes go ahead. The installation went along without any great issues. The operation of the solar inverter was explained in easy to understand ways. The changes to tariffs were completed in a timely manner by I Want Energy. After a few little hiccups it would appear all is going along fine. Our monthly power bills are a lot less than what they have been in the past. The few questions I have had over the last six months have been answered quickly.

The Very Best

The experience we had was the very best from start to finish and with follow up service since the installation we can only say these guys and girls are fantastic We highly recommend I Want Energy Alex our consultant deserves a massive pay rise.

Efficient and well informed process

Quoting process was very informative - a number of options well presented including hardware choices and arrangement on roof- i think use of pylon software made this easier - 3 different quote occurred on site, were discussed and one agreed on that suited my budget and concerns re: equipment manufacture origins - a much smoother process than those sales people from other firms who said - "yep, we'll get a quote to you tomorrow" and nothing was ever heard! or a cut n paste job that wasn't appropriate and informative enough. Information photos etc were gathered by the rep that made the installers' process easier.
Installers were on time, efficient and no-fuss. Clean tidy work. Thorough system manual and record of install supplied immediately by installers.
Customer service has been very good - at pains to let you know to contact them or visit the shop for further explanation.
Can't wait for Aurora to get the meter happening.
Next step: battery? more panels? EV? lets hope so!

Highly recommended

Great customer service and feedback. Highly knowledgeable staff. Initial contact was thorough. Follow up was as they promised. Installation team were punctual, proficient and happy in their work. Clean up good.
Waiting 9n energy provider now to switch on system. Everything I Want Energy promised, they delivered. I am very happy with their service

Amazing buy and install.. Great experience and will recommend to everyone who wants to install Solar

From the start to the end they were great. Constant follow up to conform the progress of the sale and confirmation of the install.

Product was well explained and all aspects of how I would benefit was discussed. Install happened on the day it was promised.

Great buy. Great customer service.

Fast, Friendly, Efficient Installation

I looked at 5 different companies before selecting I Want Energy to supply and install my rooftop solar system. To be fair they were all friendly and offered 2-3 different systems with quotes. I could not have made an obvious choice between them all. What put IWE above the rest in my considerations was the attention to detail. They were the only company where the salesman went up on the roof to check load capacity, anchorage placement and which roof real-estate got the sun at different times of the day. He then asked what part of the day did we think our energy use was highest. Based on this and a cursory inspection of our previous energy bills he advised a spread of panels across our multi-level/angle roof to maximise our energy collection at the times of day when we would use it. As he explained to us, using your free energy is always going to be more valuable than selling it back to the grid at a reduced rate. Every other company had just advised putting the panels where the maximum solar capture would be. By this different placement we are able to harness the sun’s free energy throughout the day and have noticed a considerable difference in our bills. We were also given a choice of brands for the panel and inverter and we went with a more expensive panel but there was no pushy ness on the part of the salesman on this. We just knew what we wanted. The installers were fast and efficient. The follow-up was friendly and courteous. I would have no hesitation in recommending IWE for anyone’s solar energy needs. In fact I already have. My neighbour now also has an array from IWE!

Very happy so far

After a number of similar, great quotes, ended up going with I Want Energy. Abi our sales person was very down to earth, honest, knowledgeable and not at all pushy. They gave a great quote, best price for a great quality system and lots of detail in the quote about expected outcomes. They were also flexible in waiting for us to organise finance. Haven't had them installed yet but very happy with the process so far.

Prompt and professional

The quote was provided quickly. Installation was completed in a good time frame. The installers were polite, friendly and on time.
All details of installation and grid connection were completed in a timely fashion and the company was always a pleasure to deal with. Disappointed to find out after the installation that because of the transformer on the pole and distance between pole and house that we won't be able to feed as much into the grid as we thought which will reduce value of system.
I know this is not a review of solar quotes but I found the information on their site extremely useful

Brilliant Installer

The sales/quoting was easy, and for me exciting to learn from an expert what can be done for my house at an affordable price.
The installation process was perfect. The installers were very efficient, very helpful and polite with regard to my needs and comfort. They worked hard and complete the job as promised.

Open and clear communications. Friendly reliable on time. Open to listen but also willing to provide sound advice..

All devices provided and assisted in all administration paper work

Friendly and professional

All staff were very professional but approachable and made the whole process very understandable. When we had to change the installation date, IWant Energy were so flexible.
Excellent supporting documentation was extremely helpful.

Thanks Jane!

Professional

We received excellent service right from first contact. Information was freely available and there was no hard sell which we had received from another company. Installers were on time, efficient and neat. Documentation provided us with comprehensive advice on operating our system and we are looking forward to switching on.

Thanks for the review Arnold, so glad we could help you out with your solar needs :)

Great customer communication and follow up. I am happy to recommend I Want Energy.

Efficient and speedy installation. Their Web site is also very informative on solar panels and inverters. I like the quality choices offered. Very friendly and fast follow up by the team. Happy to recommend I Want Energy.

Professional throughout

The quoting process was quick and informative, all my questions and queries were answered which made me feel i was making the right decision.

The installation was extremely professional and quick, still waiting on meter connection it shouldn’t be long now. Many thanks Finn,you helped me find the right system for me and a company that I can rely on in the future. Regards Gary.

Very happy with service and installation

I Want Energy were very prompt to visit our home as requested and inspect the roof and switch board before discussing options and possible roof layout etc.

Very happy with the service so far and look forward to seeing the results on our power bills soon.

Easy and trustworthy

Easy process, the company took care of everything. Professional installation, looks good. Looking forward to it being turned on.

Efficient, friendly and helpful

Quoting - very efficient and organised within a few days of my ringing for a quote; the installation was also very efficient, tidy and gave explanations when we asked for them. They also organised the grid connection - contacting our local electricity company who also organised everything immediately. So all very smooth and hassle free.

Early days but so far so good. While I rated all four 'experiences' it is in fact too early to tell!

Four suppliers were selected to provide quotes and information - all four were suitable. Difficult to differentiate although Finn's criteria proved helpful when ranking all four. Installation went well - on time, completed promptly and advice provided on next steps by both the installer and supplier. Grid connection outstanding at the time of preparing this review, Aurora have contacted me and this is being scheduled. I was informed on how to switch on the inverter and connect it to WiFi. WiFi demonstration was provided and looks promising.

Original Review on 23-09-2020:

Good, prompt service

The sales enquiry was dealt with swiftly and a salesman visited precisely on time and was very efficient in developing the quote at the time.
Price was good for the quality of the equipment supplied.
Installer was very good and dealt with a problem very well. He explained the process well and always delivered what he promised.
We now await the final inspection and cut over.
Slight concerns with the Wi-Fi connection to the inverter.

8 months later we asked Alasdair : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has fulfilled our expectations. We have only paid about $40 for power from November last year until May. I'm sure the system won't generate much over winter, but it's already saved us heaps.

Original Review on 20-09-2020:

Great support

Had good contact, info and service throughout with tips for saving money and bang for buck. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rose: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We have had no power bills for 8 months. Now heading into winter I expect our bills will be halved.

Fantastic company

The team at I want energy are fantastic, very helpful and polite. The installation went smoothly. I highly recommend this company.

Thanks Theresa! :)

A professional installer.

All activities from start to completion were done in a methodical, professional and a timely manner with no hiccups in between. An excellent job done to customer's satisfaction. Well done I want energy.

Thanks for the review Asoka!

Great product great installers awesome company

From the time I called them on the phone to ask for a quote to the time of installation they were friendly, helpful and no question went unanswered. They gave me several quotes for different sizes and I ended up going with the higher quote which was a bigger system. I was surprised with the pricing as it was much lower than expected. Come installation time the installers were friendly and extremely competent. They explained what I needed to know. I would recommend I Eant Energy to everyone, Thanks guys for a smooth and drama free installation. We are so thankful.

Thanks for the review Amanda, we're so glad you're happy :)

A superb experience

Our experience couldn’t be bettered. We received quotes for two different size systems on the spot, including depictions of the panel layouts on our roof and a detailed explanation of likely generation amounts and payback periods.

After we accepted one of the options (10.7 kW) a couple of days later, we were given an installation date (4 weeks following) and that date was met.

The installers were very proficient and neat.

A very good experience for us all round.

We highly recommend I Want Energy.

Thanks for the review Ian! So pleased you're happy with your experience with I Want Energy :)

Efficient and Effective

Researched 3 quotes. I want energy provided the best explanation and service. The price with all three companies depends on what you want. Communication was good and the installation team incredible. I was impressed with the information they provided on the day of the quote in terms of the figures and data etc. Worked efficiently and the system was installed by the early afternoon. Highly recommend this company.

Thanks so much Jill! :)

A very efficient process

Installers were great, office communication very good with several follow up calls appreciated.

Just waiting on final approval from power company to switch on

Thanks for the review Robert! So glad we could help you with your solar needs! :)

Amazing product and service!

Highly recommended the team at I Want Energy!
Very knowledgeable and made the whole process so easy. The Customer service is outstanding. The product works and looks amazing. They even do follow up call after the installation! Couldn't recommend this company high enough for any smart energy needs.

Thanks so much Adrian! It was a pleasure to work with you :)

Original Review on 13-08-2020:

Job well done

Professional from start to finish. Salesman dead on time, office staff great and installers exceptional. They were punctual, courteous , tidy with the worksite and did a very good job athsetically. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System working better than expected. Getting ready to put a system on another one of our properties. Still have a great opinion of I Want Energy.

Comprehensive advice

Professional and thorough
Not trying to sell us things we didn't need - battery for example
High-quality service
The information they gave us made more sense than that given by other companies so went with them even though cost a little higher

Thanks Kristin!

Amazing Service!

Incredible team to work with from beginning to end! From the quote to the installation the service was completely faultless. Alex came to our house to provide a quote and gave great advice, the workmen that installed the panels were friendly, on time and made provision to work around our dogs which made life so much easier and the office staff were always so friendly! We are so happy with the outcome of our installation and would recommend this provide to everyone!

A hastle free experience

Arranged three quotes
One gave minimal information and took a week to send the quote which was vague and still lacked detail so was rejected
The other two were price similar so it came down to which system seemed best for us.
Chose in the end I Want Energy and from then on the whole process was quick, efficient and painless.
Would highly commend them on their efficiency.

Excellent investment

Everything was installed as planned and communication was excellent throughout the process. No hidden costs and easy to deal with! Would definitely recommend

Very happy with the process and installation

Everything from the quoting process, communication and installation went very smoothly. Product installed efficiently and without any issues. I am waiting on the change of meters and turning on of the inverter before I can give any comments on the systems function.

Great customer service

So far so good, only had solar installed for a month.
Great company to deal with.

Great to deal with this is our second install with I want energy and would definitely recommend them

Great to deal with this is our second install with I Want Energy would definitely recommend them

Original Review on 18-09-2020:

Excellent work

The quotng process by Alex was thorough and complete. Got on the roof for inspection and measurement. Was knowledgable and discussed the pros and cons of alternatives.
The installation team was professional, tidy and competent. There was a parts glitch that delayed the install and also a decision to change the panel angle ( for a technical reason )without discussion. Both issues were dealt with easily and to my satisfaction. Sam the installer was very approachable and easy to deal with. He researched the issue and solved the problem.
The grid connection etc was flawless and rapid.
They have said they will look at shading issues after a full 12 mths data analysis and make adjustments as required.
Very happy with the service and would highly recommend the team

5 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Almost. The winter output was a bit lower than expected but the summer has been spot on.
The tarrif 92 off/on peak has been a difficult issue to work around as it glitches with daylight saving.
Hotwater usage has also been an adjustment as using solar means my recirculating pumps cant be used long term and need to be specifically activated prior to use
Overall though unit is working well. Good install quality wise.

Totally professional

Although our system has not been installed as yet we have been nothing but happy with the professionalism of I want energy. Alex came to our house spent a good hour and a half explaining the pros and cons of solar. He got on the roof with me and we discussed several options for our east west north roof. I have no doubt that the installation will be flawless and that the company will be there for the long term. After the install I will post an update.

Great sales/design with top quality installation

Of the three quotes I WANT ENERGY was the best in all areas Alex was very polite listened to my needs was on time and before he left I had a professional design and complete quote in my hands. The installation team were excellent top job neat and left the site spotless. The finished installation exceeded my expectations. Very happy with the support of all the members of IWE.

Quality advice

They may not be the cheapest, but they really understand their product and design a system for your house. They stand behind what they sell and they care about their customers.
If you don't want any dramas or stuff-ups I'd recommend these guys. Very pleasant to deal with.

Excellent customer service. Professional job.

Very thorough quote process including site visit. Detailed quote with four options presented. Chose 11kW system with two inverters and 30 panels. Reasonable pricing in line with industry standards. Professional, neat installation done on time. Customer service was first class throughout. Would definitely recommend!

Great team

Really efficient, come when they say they will, quick installation, system performs exactly as promised.

professional all round

Install went through with zero issues. Customer service was top notch and the panels look fantastic on the roof. Would definitely recommend these guys.

Original Review on 14-04-2020:

Great team all round from quote to installation.

I want energy we’re fantastic through the whole process. Keiron helped our understanding of how our system would run and having a visual presentation on laptop was great. He was very professional and truthful about how much money we would save. The installation team were efficient and very clean in their work practices. Our experience with I Want Energy was brilliant and we have no hesitation in recommending them. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Allyson: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes absolutely! We have a 6kw system over two tariffs 31 and 41. Tariff 31 for power and lighting during days of high sunshine delivers 70 to 100% self sufficiency during the summer and 30 to 50% during winter (not bad for Tasmania). Tariff 41 is for hot water and we have a smart meter attached to this which delivers 100% feed in to the grid and allows us to consume hot water at times that suit our household.

One really great advantage with our system is the accompanying app provided by Fronius which allows us to constantly monitor our systems performance. To date we have saved 1.6 tonnes of CO2 being shed into the atmosphere.

The greening

The helped organize the the grid connection ,thanks thanks thanks thanks

Excellent

I Want Energy is a great company to deal with... organised... good quotes and information.... on time... good products

Best choice I’ve made

Fantastic service , we decided to go with I Want Energy for a number of reasons
Alex turned up on time , no sales push just an honest quote and helpful knowledge.
Panels went on by their contractor Sam
No mess they cleaned up afterwards.
The panels look great with good quality materials.
When the electrical inspector came to look at the electrical works , he made comment that I Want Energy were one of the better companies around.
We accept their quote not on price but from word of mouth from others who had used them
Our power consumption has dropped from $8.00 a day to around $0.80 - $1.20 a day
We’ve been getting 30kw - 42kw a day back into the grid