Jet Solar Pty Ltd

Jet Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

Jet Solar, based out of Wheeler's Hill is an experienced Solar & Battery specialist serving Victorian customers.

We work with you to scope and install the best solar solution for your situation using only trusted, tested, reliable brands of solar panel, inverter and battery. Brands that we know and stand behind, including Jinko, Fronius and Tesla.

We can also analyse your energy use and needs to make sure you get the system that you need.

Our history:

The Director of Jet Solar Pty Ltd, Jason Dickinson was originally a Sole Trader, trading as JLD Electrical Services, established in May 2015.

Jason's business grew successfully with many happy customers and in 2018 it was time to form a company structure with the establishment of Jet Solar Pty Ltd.

We are proud to be one of the highest-rated solar installation companies on SolarQuotes. Please read our many reviews below:

Reviewers report paying: $1,600 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Jet Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (139)

Highly recommended! Five-star service

Jason’s team provided fantastic service throughout the entire process from quoting to installation. I have been monitoring the system performance for a few days and everything functions perfectly.

I had little knowledge about solar system but in initial quotation Adam cleared up all my confusions about system sizes, panels layout, product features, etc to help me find out the panels and inverter fitting my house. Installation work was neat and well-organised. Jason and Paul were always happy to explain each step of process to keep me informed, and both them showed a high degree of attention to details.

A phone call came to me to guide me through rebate and loan applications; Installation was scheduled without long waiting period; Installation was completed perfectly on time and Inspector arrived right after --- From all of these, I can see Jet Solar staff really care about customers and really make efforts to keep service outstanding. Their brilliant work definitely deserves a five-star rating in all aspects.

Highly recommend Jet Solar

Very smooth process from the beginning, Highly recommend Jet Solar.

Adam was really helpful with finalizing all the design work and getting the approval for the Solar grants. I had to obtain many quotes as my two storey house does not have enough space for the straightforward design. Jet Solar provided me a design with Microinverters. Their price was very reasonable compared to all other string inverter options that I got from different installers.
Jason and his team came to do the installation was really really good. Very efficient, neat and very friendly. They left the job very clean. And the inspector was booked on the same day and all connected by 2 pm.( Started 8 am).

Thanks a lot Adam, Jason and the team for the awesome job that you guys did.

Worth a Pick

First great portal from Solar Quotes to get an Understanding of PV solar,No doubts after going thru an 101 you can pose a few questions, thanks Solar quotes your site and details are spell bound.

I was happy to select Jet solar as one of the Installers for my requirements and was a breeze to work with.
No turning back from the first time I spoke to Adam, he was very quick to respond with a quote and be in touch to answer any questions that you pose. He was extremely professional to answer the rebate process, the different option and keep revising the quotes based on your needs. He also explained and helped with the rebate application process. As soon as the approval came they were quick to work on the schedule and Jason was seamless when it came to installation. He and his team worked great to install, configure and explain the system. They also had an Inspector visit the site to certify once installation was complete.
Finally they co ordinated in getting the paper work to your energy provider and all you had to do was just sit back and watch.

Note: I figured out in this journey there are so many options with products, quotes and more importantly dealing with different quotes for the exact same specification. I am so glad with the overall experience with Jet solar and hopefully a day comes when battery is affordable that I get to interact again.

Brilliant work!

It was totally brilliant, Crew arrive in the early morning, finish the work in the early afternoon, starting to harvest sunlight right away. it was a clean and swift installation, everything is done very professionally. Big thanks to Jason, Paul, Adam and their team!

Professional and friendly service

I actually selected Jet Solar based on the reviews on this site, and was happy to see the same level of service extended to me.

The quoting phase was very easy - I started with email contact and I recall getting a call back in a very short timeframe. We had a good conversation about the requirements of the system, brands and other various options. The quote was easy to understand.

Once we decided to proceed, the rest was pretty straightforward. After a few weeks lead time, we were contacted to arrange an installation date. On the day, it was raining on and off and so they completed the installation of the electricals but had to come back another time to complete the installation of the panels. The installers were professional and courteous and accommodating of my requirements of when I couldn't have a power out to complete a meeting while I was working from home.

Once installed, all of the paperwork was completed promptly and they notified my energy provider of the installation, and sent me all of the documentation via email.

No issues at all, happily recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable installer.

Super Satisfied

The team at Jet Solar were fantastic to deal with from the beginning of the process to the end.

The team were very polite, punctual and tidy with the work carried out. They also arranged the same day inspection and connection to the grid.

More than satisfied

A very positive experience. From the initial information and quote with Adam to Jason and his team of installers, I was listened to and my questions and needs addressed. The experience was professional, seamless, easy to understand and i was kept informed throughout the process. The team clearly enjoy their work and were a pleasure to have onsite. Jason was extremely generous with his time and expertise and I would not hesitate to recommend Jet Solar.

Professional with an upper case P.

From quote to installation my experience with Jet Solar was seemless!!
I asked for and recieved numerous variations of quotes for different configered systems, whilst getting independent advice on what seemed like at the time an endless array of choice. Even at this early stage the level of communication and 'solar information' from Adam and Jason was, compared to others, outstanding.
A 8.2 kw system with 21 panels was chosen.
Installation was not straight forward due to position and configeration of our switchboards,double brick walls,1st floor concrete slab and positoning of the inverter away from our home entrance from a visual aesthetic. Jason solved all of these issues with total professionalism and always had our interests at heart. No easy fix or cut corner solutions.
He is part of the installation team on the day which in my opinion is reassuring to have the Jet Solar owner working along side his employees, not a sub contract team.
On budget, on time, tidy, polite to a tee with the system operating on the installation (Winters) day.
Highly recommended.
Seemless!!

Excellent solar panels and microinverters installation

Was a very positive eperience with Jet Solar. Adam was very responsive getting us a quote and booking us for an install. Jason and his team arrived right on schedule on the day and gave me a brief rundown of the work involved before proceeding to do an excellent job installing the panels and microinverters. Jason even proposed a neater panel layout on the roof when they were installing them. They also managed to accomodate my request to wire a network cable from the enphase unit in the garage to a patch panel in our living room with hardly any fuss even though i knew the wiring in the wall was pretty crowded.A roof tile got broken but thankfully we had a replacement lying around. All in all I would highly recommend Jet Solar.

Another 5 star review for jet star

The team from Jet Solar were great to deal with from the start of the process to the end, sorting out the details of our non-standard install and providing excellent advice on the most cost effective way to achieve our goals.

Neat job, good crew, a pleasure to deal with.

Smooth, Hassle Free Installation

Very happy with the Solar Installation. The team were friendly, helpful, and kept me informed along the way. Installation was completed promptly, and approved by the inspector on the same day. The Team also arranged for connection to the grid, and cleaned everything up after completion.

Fantastic Installer

* The cost is good for the quality of the system
* Jason (The Owner) and his team are professional and friendly
* The installation is quick and clean without any hassles
* Customer service (Adam) is friendly and quick to respond.

Original Review on 11-03-2021:

Finally we are GREEN! Yoohoo

The company is highly recommended by SolarQuotes. Jason and Adam have been very helpful throughout the whole process from introductions to getting grants and finally the long awaited installation (not outsourced, good stuff worth the wait). The team on site worked efficiently, safe, and clean. Whole installation was done within 4 hours. AMAZINGLY the inspection happened on the same day instead of weeks. THAT was a huge bonus. The electricity now “tastes” sweeter. Thank You Guys. Original ratings

3 months later we asked Horn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It has performed quite nicely. I do monitor my bills for many years, and compared to same month last year, my bill has dropped 55%, and another surprise is that the power export to the grid gave another credit to the bill, which pushes the bill further 15%, total 70% drop.

But do note, that it's not Business-As-Usual, lifestyle needs to change/adapt to it. All the appliances usage to be pushed to the day instead of night (e.g. dishwashing, laundry).

Too bad the battery ROI is still not good enough, otherwise would have made it a complete solution.

All in all, It's a cool thing to harness the power of the Sun.

Very profesional installation

From the start Jet solar made the process go smoothly. with guidance with the forms to fill in for the rebates. jason and the team turned up on time and went over the install details and discussed options on mounting locations for the electric panel. work was carried out quickly and to a plan which went like clock work.Their install was neat and accurate and simple trade craft i witnessed was best practice ie drilling hole for cable in ouside wall angled up to prevent water ingress.they arranged for the solar inspection for the next day but advised later that due to rain for the next few days it will be next monday. all the while i have been informed on the next stage of install.overall very happy with this team.

Great experience all round!!! I would give them.....3...I mean 5 stars!!!

This team is an absolute stellar choice for installing your solar system, initially I did hold some skepticism of their average 5 star review but after the install was completed I am now a solid advocate for Jason and his team at Jetsolar. Each step of the process was handled with above and beyond customer service, could not have asked for better!

Believe me when I say I called nearly everyone on this website for a quote to compare pricing, after going through a good number of installers (10+), Jetsolar had the fairest deal for what I was after. Admittedly (not their fault) the wait for an install date was a little longer than I had hoped but it was WELL WORTH it in the end!

Many thanks to Adam who quoted me up for the install (several times, I was rather indecisive) and dealing with my nonsense shenanigans throughout this process. Always polite and happy to have a laugh, bless you. The quote was presented in a easy to read and digestible format with terms and conditions clearly laid out. Adam was always very
happy to explain and clarify any queries I had both before and after the install, amazing customer service 100/10.

Installation was smooth and orderly, the panels arrived a day or two before the actual install date, Jason and his team came over early morning, explained the installation process (albeit a bit too early for our house of night-owls) and had it all up and running by early afternoon on the agreed date. Nothing to clean up afterwards, all taken care of by the team, they were very polite and fun, mum is still embarrassed about the coffee/sugar incident haha. Communication throughout this period was nothing short of excellent. Follow up after the install was also outstandingly timely (we had a few extra things to install/workout and it was all basically done the next day), Jason himself came down to help troubleshoot the issue.

Grid installation and paperwork was all taken care of by JetSolar, all we had to do was forward an email over to our electricity supplier to have our solar FIT start and then it was smooth sailing from there onwards.

Again, wonderful team, great product, beautiful customer service 5/5!!

Absolutely wonderful service

From the start this company was great to deal with. Adam got back to us quickly with a quote and was great explaining what system would suit us best for our needs. Jason and his team arrived at the time that was organised. They were friendly and explained what they would be doing as well as how the system worked. I liked the fact they don't contract out their work and they were honest and reliable from the first time I contacted them. I would have no hesitation recommending Jet Solar to people who are thinking of installing solar.

Brilliant service!

From the start of the process dealing with Adam and getting a system priced and designed, to the installation by Paul and the boys, we could not be happier with the experience. I have worked in the trades and services industry for over 30 and what I observed on the day of the installation I would hold up as a gold standard in everything from customer service, communication, working safely and quality of work. We would not hesitate in recommending Jet Solar to any of our friends and family.

Great job excellent customer service

The quotes was very detailed and easy to understand.
The install was fantastic and on time.

Very happy customer!

The initial quoting process with Adam was straight forward. After listening to my needs the best options and configurations were discussed and agreed upon. Jason arrived on install day and was very pleasant to deal with. He explained everything to do with the install in detail. His crew were meticulous in their work and I was very impressed. Jason took the extra time to put the inverter in the location that I wanted and he even went to the extra effort of concealing all the cables/ conduit internally to the inverter. Very clean install! The Electrical inspector arrived same day and he said Jason at Jet Solar always does great installs and he also said I picked the right guy for solar install, that is reassuring.
Don’t risk a big company that use sub-contractors, use Jet Solar where you know the owner of the business oversees the install himself. Thanks guys.

BRILLIANT from first phone call to finished installation

Jason and all the crew were fantastic.
They literally took me by the hand and help me through all paperwork and solar rebates .
They were on time, easy-going, incredibly knowledgeable about the products, helpful and very clean .
10 out of 10.
Highly recommend!!!

thanks guys

Kara. X

Great process with professional company

Jason and Paul arrived on time and described in detail the installation process. Paul took the time to show me how the inverter worked and helped me setup the app.

Thanks Jet Solar for a pleasant experience.

Great to deal with. Installed an running by 1pm.

Easy quote process. Installation was like clockwork. Polite and tidy workers. Connected to grid before they left as well.

Great Customer Service

Great customer service, Paul and his team were great to deal with.
Punctual and tidy

I would like to pass on my thanks to Jet solar Pty Ltd for the job done on our 6.6kw solar system. The whole process from quoting to measurement, invoicing and installation went very smoothly. Thank you to all involved and in particular to the site installation team who did a great job. We are very pleased with the outcome and recommend the company as solar installer.

Five Star Solar Installation

We were so happy with Jet Solar we were compelled to leave a review. Jason and his experienced team arrived on time and were very professional and tidy in their approach and installation of our new solar system. There was a minimum of fuss and all the team seemed very confident in their skill set. On completion, one of the team fully explained how the system works and installed an app on our phone so we can check the system’s performance. Very happy with the whole experience.

Jet Solar experience

We were very happy with our solar installation experience. The personnel were polite, well presented and aware of our desire to keep our new home as clean as possible. The inspector was very impressed, the installation was completed in a timely manner and we would be happy to recommend them to anyone requiring an installation.

Fantastic team!!

Thanks to Paul, Jason, Adam and the team at Jet Solar.
From start to finish, there was outstanding communication, guidance and support from the team.
On day of install, the team arrived right on time and explained what the install entailed.
On completion we were shown everything we needed to know.
What a great friendly team - could not fault any thing at all.
Keep up the good work!!

Our nice big 10KW systems is here!

Very happy to have this solar system installed.

Adam from Jet Solar from very clear and patient when quoting. He explained how it would all work, and together we planned the installation, eventually specifying a 10KW system.

Jason and his crew arrived on the day specified months earlier, and were finished by 3pm. As others attested to, it was a painless process and a very clean result.

While we had to wait several months for the installation, it is clear why Jet Solar are so popular.

Provided assistance in a prompt and friendly manner

I had my solar system installed in late 2019 by a different company and their installer never set up my account with Enphase to enable the monitoring capability. I've been trying to contact the company without success for over a year and discovered it no longer exists. So I called Jason from Jet Solar, who provided great friendly advice on the process of getting it done retrospectively. It was very kind of him in taking the time to set up my account promptly and finishing off the job that was supposed to have been done at initial installation.

Solar without the fuss

I looked at solar 8 years ago, then 4 years ago, then recently. Capacity has gone up, and prices have come down, and (for us) solar now makes sense. Now to find an installer that takes some care in doing a good job (given that I have some shading from trees), Adam looked after the sales side of things, with patience and an attitude of doing it properly. Jason headed up the professional install team. A good team, that I would easily and highly recommend. The only drawback is that they are popular, and you may have to wait for the install, but its worth the wait.

Very professional

Jet Solar were thoroughly prompt & professional from start to finish.
Responding promptly to my initial request for a quote and all questions along the journey.
They turned up exactly when they said they would, installed the panels within a day and had also organised the inspection so our panels were switched on and working by 5pm.
The team were polite, considerate and very professional.
I have recommended them to many people already!

Nice work and helpful

The whole experience went well, from sales where Jet Solar supported me through the process including rebate application. The installation was punctual, and completed earlier than anticipated. During installation, they were nice enough to show me the wiring installation. The installation is very neat, and they made an effort to avoid surface mounted conduit. They explained the process every step of the way and handled everything smoothly. Nice work

There’s no better than Jet Solar

All I can saw is wow. The Jet team from quote to handover was amazing. The team that did the install were all professional and left the place just like they found it. They even spent time going through the HomeKit and wifi config and chatting about best use of solar and times of day. Cannot fault them. Get around Jet Solar if you need a solar system!

A complicated install done well

I got two responses via Solar Quotes, Jet Solar being one of them.
It took a bit of work to explain what I wanted: as much north-facing as possible, with the overflow on the west side, and we went through a few iterations.
Do bear in mind that all sales people want the simplest job. Both companies I spoke to were pushing for east facing panels, because that is the easy option. I don't believe that they would be valuable and I had to repeatedly push for the North/West setup. Because we have a "messy" roof with lots of different angles and faces, it is not a "pretty" install. There are panels all over the place, and I'm sure that it took the team much longer than they would normally take to do it. Also, we have a terracotta tile roof, and during the install more than 20 tiles were broken. Jet Solar were fantastic though: at the end of Day 1 they took away a sample tile, and came back the next day with 25 matching spares. Perfect!
I rated only 4 stars value for money, but that is not necessarily a reflection on Jet Solar; the system that we bought was expensive, with micro-inverters.

No-fuss from quote to installation

From start to finish you made a very complex process so simple.

Firstly, Adam showed a great deal of patience and knowledge walking me through the initial quotation and then helping with the steps of applying for rebates and loans and submitting applications etc. Too easy!

The installation date was set, and despite lockdowns and inclement weather, Jason and his team even managed to bring the date forward a week.

They arrived at 7am as promised, and finished 2 hours ahead of schedule, with the system connected and powering my house by 12pm. They left the work site spotless, and to be honest, with the panels out-of-sight on the northern side of my roof, you wouldn't even know they had been there!

The inspector arrived 30 minutes later, and was extremely impressed by the workmanship, which is very comforting for such a major investment in your home.

I can't thank Jason, Adam and the team at Jet Solar enough, and look forward to reaping the rewards of $olar power into the future.

Excellent Experience

Jason and his team provided an excellent, professional service. Sales team was knowledgeable, not pushy and answered my many questions. Once I decided to proceed the install date was set and not moved even with some COVID challenges. Jason and team arrived on time, finished the install by 3pm including the inspection, allowing it to go live same day. I highly recommend Jetsolar.

Awesome job!

Jason and the guys did a great job. I look forward to seeing the savings.

Original Review on 14-06-2020:

Exceptionally high quality installation and fantastic customer service.

I chose Jet Solar as I wanted to deal with the same person from design through to installation and preferred to support small businesses (other quotes were from larger companies and had different people doing sales/design/installation). Jason was excellent throughout the whole process from designing the system through to installation. He took the time to patiently answer all my questions and paid attention to every single little detail. I got the quote updated three times throughout the process as I changed my mind on panel type and Jason even went to the trouble of updating the panel position drawn on the quote as he remembered me mentioning some obstacles on the roof (which weren't obvious on the satellite image). I was really impressed with this level of detail to ensure the design was perfect and took into account all considerations.

On the day of installation, Jason and team arrived right on time and his work was meticulous. I consider myself a fussy customer and did a lot of research (reading SolarQuotes website and watching their YouTube videos, looking at the Solar Q&A Aus/NZ and Crap Solar Facebook Groups) so I had an idea of what a good installation would look like. Jason listened to all my requests and met them exactly: from placing panels a specific distance from the roof edge, to having the panels tilted at an exact angle of 28 degrees (highest annual output according to PVWatts) and only penetrating a specific section of the roof for cabling. Whilst he was working I could see him checking and double checking to ensure everything was exactly to specification. Even though the tilt frames had angles marked on them, he still took the time to independently check the angle rather than simply relying on the markings. Cabling was also extraordinarily neat with use of rigid conduit wherever possible and limiting the amount of flexi conduit (which I personally like to avoid as I've seen it degrade elsewhere eg. electrical cabling for Air Conditioners).

The tidy up work was just as meticulous with the team ensuring all dust was cleared using a leaf blower, which includes both the dust on the ground from drilling through the brick wall as well as small amounts of dust in the mounting bracket of the Fronius inverter from when it was drilled into the wall. The guys even checked over the roof to ensure no loose screws, nails, etc. were left behind, leaving it very clean.

The inspector came just as Jason and team were finishing so the system was approved and on straight away without any wait. The inspector even said the work of Jet Solar was top quality and one of the best so I was lucky I went with them. To add to that, Jason and team ensured safe working practices, roping off certain areas of the house and wearing safety harnesses.

Overall I highly recommend Jason as his work was impeccable, his customer service was excellent and both him and his team were polite, courteous and friendly to deal with. Usually with tradies I can pick out at least one or two things which aren't quite 100% but having a look at Jason's work, I couldn't find a single thing to fault no matter how small!

Note: My 6.5kw Panels / 5kw Inverter generated 23.7kWh on Day 1 and 28kWh on Day 2. We're right in the middle of winter and having nearly the shortest days of the year so super impressed with the outputs!

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is performing brilliantly! Generation during a sunny day over the Summer period is upwards of 40kw.

Professional top quality install

Everything was top quality and highley professional, very easy to deal with and no BS.

Great service and professionalism

Jason, Adam and the team guided us through a seemless process from quote to installation the job was done with no fuss. The team was friendly, knowledgeable and the service was outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend Them to any of me family or friends. Well Done. Cheers Don And Tina.

The quoting process was excellent - very quick responses and good discussions to understand what my options were, and the pros and cons of the different options. This was one of the reasons I went with them.

The price was equivalent to others.

Installation went very smoothly, I met Jason in the morning and it was done by the afternoon. The electrical certification happened same day, and he said he was always impressed with this companies installations.

Highly recommend

Highly recommend!!

Great customer service from start to finish, very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Installed and certified on the scheduled date!

Great trustworthy and quality installer from start to finish

This was a great solar installation experience end to end. Quote was clear and comprehensive and price seemed reasonable for what you get. Jason and his team turned up on the date they promised. Even though it rained heavily on the day that prevented them completing the job (safety considerations), they came back shortly after and completed the job promptly. Team was efficient, had great attention to detail and friendly. Couldn’t recommend these guys highly enough. Thank you!

Fantastic Service

The sales process was fantastic no sugar coating, very proactive. I was given all the information I needed and was kept up to date the whole way along the process even though it was delayed due to COVID. I didn't have to ask where things were at.

Installation was flawless. The team (Adam, Jason, Paul and the team) was friendly and the inspector even said that Jet Solar is one of the best.

System is operating efficiently. Job Well done, Many Thanks Jet Solar Team

Fantastic solar installation and company!

So easy to deal with. Excellent price and sales process. The install was so quick and easy. They were very friendly installers and Jason (owner) was on site to answer any questions we had. They left the job clean as if they had never been there. Excellent quality job. Couldn’t be happier. - Brendan

Fantastic Job

Can't fault these guys for anything.
Had a great experience with Adam in customer service.
Jason and his team were exceedingly professional and knowledgeable. They were happy to go through each step of the process in detail.
The job itself was done quickly and cleanly. No hassles at all.
They even organised an inspector for the same day as installation, which meant my solar was good to go immediately.
Highly recommend these guys.

Simply fabulous & professional

Many thanks to Jason and the team for a totally professional installation with attention to detail and communication. Highly recommended!

Home solar installation

Great job by a group of knowledgeable helpful guys. Thank you

Professional and a Great Team

Adam, Paul, Jason and the whole team were all great to deal with. From getting a quote, answering heaps of questions from us, scheduling, installation and app use - all were done in a professional way. Installation and grid connection was completed as scheduled, with the energy distributor staff on site as soon as they have finished the install. We were able to use the solar energy straightaway. Great work, guys.

Professional and prompt

With such a large number of companies installing solar and so many products, it can be confusing. We got a few quotes for solar and were impressed initially by the straightforward and informative attitude on first enquiry with Adam.

The installation timeframe was realistic (despite COVID lockdown) and it was delivered as promised. Installation was quick and painless and Jason was accommodating with regard to our particular requirements regarding the inverter location, which was a bit of a hassle. The system was installed, working and inspected on the same day.

We found Jet Solar to be informative, professional, knowledgeable and prompt. Jason and his team take pride in their work and we would not hesitate to recommend Jet Solar.