Jet Solar Pty Ltd

Jet Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

Jet Solar, based out of Wheeler's Hill is an experienced Solar & Battery specialist serving Victorian customers.

We work with you to scope and install the best solar solution for your situation using only trusted, tested, reliable brands of solar panel, inverter and battery. Brands that we know and stand behind, including LG, Enphase, Tesla , Fronius, Jinko and Goodwe.

We can also analyse your energy use and needs to make sure you get the system that you need.

Our history:

The Director of Jet Solar Pty Ltd, Jason Dickinson was originally a Sole Trader, trading as JLD Electrical Services, established in May 2015.

Jason's business grew successfully with many happy customers and in 2018 it was time to form a company structure with the establishment of Jet Solar Pty Ltd.

We are proud to be one of the highest-rated solar installation companies on SolarQuotes. Please read our many reviews below:

Reviewers report paying: $2,500 - $9,758 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Jet Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (185)

Great job by Jet Solar

Could not recommend Jason, Adam and the team highly enough. Great communication and fantastic workmanship. Jason went out his way to make sure everything was right and to make sure I was across everything that was going on. The whole process was seamless from order, install to provisioning. Highly recommend the guys at Jet Solar.

Fantastic hassle free install.

Great service and communication from the get go. Punctual and tidy install. Did the grid connection and even the wifi connection for us.Helped with the solar rebate application. Would highly recommend!

Genuine, Knowledgeable & Quality team

Jet Solar were great, started with Adam who knows his stuff, working through a few different quote options to get a system to suit our requirements.

Install team that completed the job were efficient & got the job done to a great quality standard. You can tell they worked as a team to ensure everything went smoothly. Paul took us through the system at completion, setup the remote monitoring app to complete the job.

Very responsive & highly recommend them to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

A pleasure to deal with..

We requested three quotes from installers from Solar Quotes. Jet Solar prepared and provided a competitive quote in a very timely manner and Adam was very willing to respond to questions and explain options. Despite some delays due to the pandemic, we were promised installation prior to Christmas and Jet Solar did not disappoint. Scott and the team arrived on time and did an excellent job on the day of installation and left the site tidy and with a functioning and inspected system. Our roof layout required a minor change to the design layout on the day, but we were kept informed each step of the way and are pleased that we had the the best available option installed. The system is working very well in line with expectaions and all the paperwork has been provided to us and grid connection and feed-in tariff has been actioned with our supplier. We are very happy with the system and with the installation by Jet Solar. Highly recommended!

Enphase Addition

I found Jet Solar on Solarqotes listed as a good installer, this proved to be correct.
The system was an addition to an older Enphase existing system, all went well , a welcome improvement as previous installs had errors that needed correcting after install , not this one .

Professional with great outcomes

Jet Solar provide written quote quickly, are straight forward to deal with and provide clarification about any queries.

The team at Jet Solar Paul and Jason Tighe and Heath were such professionals and all round decent men to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble. They were OHS aware and looked after the young men learning the ropes.

I can only say that if you want expert personal undertaking installation of solar panels you should engage Jason and crew you will not regret it.

An outstanding Installer

The Sales quote was negotiated with Adam, who was friendly, knowledgeable and helped change my initial specification to save me money and get a better value system.
I was upgrading a 4 year old 3.5 kW system to a 7.4 kW system with 20 Jinko panels, a recently released LG 5048 hybrid inverter and an LG Chem RESU10 battery.
On the day of the installation the crew of 5 led by the hands-on owner Jason, arrived punctually at 7.00 am, removed our old system and installed the new in one day. The job was done very neatly (see photo), inspected the same day and was generating input by 3.00 pm.
As an aside, I was impressed with their use of a neat, folding, safety scaffolding (even on a single storey normal pitched roof) before they started their installation work.
They did a great job and I consider them excellent installer and will recommend them to anyone.

Great service, timely installation.

Through the quoting process I dealt with Adam. He was not pushy at all but very helpful. Of the three quotes I got, he didn't provide the cheapest, but he did provide the one with the most value over the long term, especially with the longer warranty and higher quality panels.

Scott was the main person managing the install. As the job was larger than the average (10kW - 32 panels) they were committed to complete the job in one day, being on time, first thing in the morning (7am), finishing up before 5pm. To accommodate for the size they allowed for extra labour, which meant it could be done in one day. The installers organised the details with the grid connection and forms to send to the electrical retailer and ensured the system would be inspected in a timely manner (within the following 24 hours after install).

Scott was very friendly and there were no issues with leaving the house to go to work and leaving them to continue installing.

Would recommend Jet Solar to anyone in the area.

Efficient install, system proposal met my needs.

Quote was timely, install was quick, no hitches, system met expectations.

Excellent Service from Jet Solar

Jason and the boys came to install the solar system and kindly explained the whole installation process before starting the job and what shall they do after the installation finished.
They finish installation on time.
Everything goes well so far and we’re happy with everything.

Professional, good quality and good service

Jason from Jetsolar was referred to me by a schoolfriend. I already had panels and wanted a few extra, plus a battery.

He and his team were professional, paid attention to detail and I have had no issues with the system at all.

I appreciated that he worked with the panels I already had, which had been installed by a different provider. He won the work on comparable professionalism and quality, with a slightly better price.

Great communication, helpful, friendly and professional service.

After trying several companies, Adam from Jet Solar helped clarify any questions I had, explaining everything required clearly and cutting through all the unnecessary, confusing ‘sales and technical jargon’ spouted by other companies.
Their price was competitive and still delivered quality.
Despite the Covid and weather delays, Scott and the installation team arrived when they said they would and had the job complete in a day. No mess, no fuss and a fantastic looking installation.
I would recommend Jet Solar to anyone!

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Perfect from start to finish

Contacted Jet Solar for the initial quotation and system design. I was looking at the higher end system and explained what I was after. Soon after quote and design was ready. My installation was scheduled few weeks later. On the day crew arrived on time. All components of the solar system were delivered at the same time. I was provided with quick explanation ow whole installation will progress. Everything was finished and tested by 4pm.
Very clean install. Jet Solar went an extra mile to make sure there was no cables hanging around inverter. As for the panels on the roof everything was perfectly aligned and pleasant to look at.
Sometimes later I received final documentation containing all required paperwork.
Everything was taken care off.

First Class Service

Prompt quotation process and installation was efficient with great service

Very happy customer

Jet Solar were very professional and easy to deal with. I’m very happy with our new solar system. Thank you!

Highly Recommend These Guys

From the beginning dealing with Adam was just easy and comfortable. I didn't know anything about solar and found it confusing until I started talking with Adam. He explained everything in a way I could understand, he stepped me through the process and costs including rebates and how that worked so easily. He reponded to my emails quickly. It was never a bother, he just made it clear and simple. I love how Jet Solar take care of everything, have their own installers and arranged the inspection for the same day so I could use the system from the get-go. Installation date was coming, my expectations were managed by Scott who was the same person who came on the day of install. Scott and the team were great. Everything went to plan and actually faster than planned. Scott talked me through the process, he told me what he was doing before he did anything. Scott was highly communicative, worked with me around my dogs and my work schedule. Scott also connected the invertor to wifi, told me about the app and explained it all to me in easy terms. The app is great, very easy to use and you can see how much is being generated and also more on one easy to read screen. Jet Solar also monitor the system, its like having a 24 x 7 monitoring service thrown in. Bonus! I was not expecting that. No need to worry if it stops working, they will notice before I do. The next day I thought something was not working properly. They got back to me right away - nothing was wrong. So sales, installation and post installation service is amazing. I wish more companies were like this. I highly recommend going with Jet Solar.

Great price, great product and great to deal with!

The sales/quoting process was helpful and information with a competitive price.

The installation was easily arranged. The installers were punctual, polite, professional and tidy.

I was able to use my system on the same day as the inspector was arranged on time and overall I am very happy with the service from Jet Solar.

Recommended installer!

The quoting process has been very quick even though I have asked for multiple quotes and combinations of panels and inverters.
Jason and his team are professional, friendly and clean.
Most of the paperworks are handled by them; all I do is just read and sign.

Great team! Extremely professional and knowledgeable

I chose Jet Solar based on their outstanding reviews and they did not let me down. Adam was brilliant upfront with his suggestions and information on the options we had. Once we selected our system, Jason and his team installed it and had it humming in no time! I would highly recommend Jet Solar to anyone!

NOTE: image includes old panels, plus the shiny new ones installed by Jet Solar.

Fantastic neat installation

Fantastic company to deal with from the first point of contact to the installation. The sales and quoting process was simply sending address and recent bills, and they came back to be within a day with a price and step by step process. Everything was set up for me making it very easy. The installation itself was a great experience, the team were super polite and Punctual. Very happy to explain things and even after they left I was able to make contact via text message with an instant response to help. Very willing to help even after the job was complete. Cannot fault any part of the process, Very happy customer!

Outstanding service.

Outstanding value for money ,these men were very friendly and professional ,I cannot recommend them enough ,you will not find better service than this team.

Smooth sailing

Guys were absolutely fantastic. As I had no idea what I was after, Adam from Jet Solar patiently took me through what was available on the market and helped me to pick a setup according to my needs. The install went flawlessly and I am extremely happy with how everything looks. The guys did a great job and I recommend anyone looking to install solar to give Jet Solar a call. You won't be disappointed!

Highly Recommended

I have a really good experience with Jet Solar from the first time we contacting them about putting Solar on and until they finished the installation. They made everything very easy for us. Thanks Adam, Jason, Scott and Paul. Highly recommended.

Fantastic installer

From the beginning to the and whole process was easy, smooth and very polite.
Adam was very quick and clear to provide easy understanding and process and helped trough everything.
Jason arranged time and date and came with the team on time. Whole installation process was explained to me and done within one day. Place was left clean like no one was there. Start using electricity same day, inspector came as soon as team finished whole installation.
There were some broken tiles and when I bought replacement Jason came and replace them.

These guys deserve you business!

From the moment I had the first conversation with Adam to completion, it was easy. Adam was friendly, polite, knowledable whilst being able to explain things in simple terms, listened and delivered on what was important to us. My parents and brother have also spoken with Adam and have also chosen to go solar. We are very happy with the product and the service from Jet Solar. Thanks guys!

Great experience with this installer

The whole process went really well. The system quoted was practical and well priced. The installation has gone so far without a hitch, they arrived exactly on time and was completed efficiently with no mess. Communication throughout the whole process was excellent. Highly recommend the company!

Fantastic overall experience with acute attention to detail

This was just an excellent experience across the board.
It began when Adam was able to accurately interpret exactly what I was after on the phone and then compose the optimal system remotely, that is without coming to the site.
From there, the process was very smooth.
In particular, the finished outcome was superb.
There was a genuine attention to detail and timeliness on the installation that I really appreciated.
There was obvious concert between the different guys that were working the job.
The false wall that was installed on my new shed also was colour matched ( monument ) to give the optimal aesthetic outcome, and Jason had called on the weekend previous ( Saturday ) to ensure that he was getting it right ( the requisite bollard also was painted in monument before arriving on site ).
The net outcome is very intuitive, and Adam and Jason continue to be responsive post installation in regard to any questions that I might have.
I'm not in the habit of writing reviews, but in this particular case I think the circumstances demand it, as one has to advocate on behalf of guys that do a great job and deliver on time and in an exacting fashion.
If you are someone that values consistency and attention to detail as I do, these are your guys.

Very tidy install and great customer service

- Sales & quoting process was great. Very responsive with hunting around for specific panels.

- On-site inspection before the install. Great crew and install was very tidy & punctual.

- Signed off by inspector same day. Currently awaiting retailer to confirm feed-in.

Wonderful seamless experience!!

We are very happy with the whole process. Adam, Paul and team were very professional and did a great job with the installation. They ensured everything was done on time including post installation handover despite current COVID limitations. Thank you very much! Highly recommend.

Excellent installation

Sales/ quoting process was smooth and clear.
Punctual and tidy installation
Overall,everything was excellent

#1 solar installer in Vic down the street & I didnt even know it

I spent a lot of time researching solar systems before committing mainly because I was doing a house reno at the same time and solar installation was not a priority. I read through all the SolarQuotes guides, read the blog and watched some videos. SolarQuotes recommended Clipsal & Venergy (both currently holding Platinum supplier status) and their quotes arrived quickly. After several months and revised quotes from both of these installers I ended up going with Jet Solar (also holding Platinum supplier status but #1 in Vic) and I am very satisfied with my installation.

If I was to go through this process again I would:
1. Shortlist highly rated installers from the "Top 10 Solar Installers" (refer https://www.solarquotes.com.au/) on the home page that service your area
2a. If budget is your key decision making criteria then:
- consider panels from Trina, Jinko & Longi (refer https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/best-solar-panels-2021/)
- consider inverters from Sungrow, Fronius, Goodwe, SolarEdge & SMA (refer https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/best-solar-inverters-2021/)
OR
2b. If performance is your key decision making criteria then:
- consider panels from LG, SunPower & REC (refer https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/best-solar-panels-2021/)
- consider inverters from Fronius, SolarEdge & Enphase (refer https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/best-solar-inverters-2021/)
3. Contact the shortlisted installers and get quotes based on your system requirements and expect to see your nominated hardware preferences from Step 2.
4. Chose the installer that you have the greatest conviction in based on reviews and your experience through the quotation process

Note: Once you realise that each installer in your shortlist have quoted near identical systems in terms of hardware, then you will discern the key differentiator becomes customer service and quality of installation.

Alternatively, if you live in Melbourne just contact Adam from Jet Solar and he will cut through all the solar noise and leave you with sound advice and with no sales pressure. On installation day you meet with Jason (owner) and his team (all NON-subcontractors) and go through the game plan. These guys are a real team with good cohesion and have a sense of pride in their craft. Paul even took the time to tell me whoever the sparky was that did my switchboard upgrade (ie consumer unit) did a great job. Jet Solar are friendly, professional, skillful and highly accommodating with customer satisfaction and system performance (e.g. relocating our aerial antenna for free) seemingly their highest priority.

The only negative that I can think of is that they keep giving repeat business to an electrical inspector. I painfully watched them trying to screw the cover back on the consumer unit for about 5min before bailing. They had lost a screw and now the team are looking for a replacement screw that can fit the unit. I think we all breathed a sigh of relief as they drove away as it ended another successful Jet Solar installation.

Seriously, give Adam/Jason a call, you won't be disappointed.

rgds ash

Very professional

We are very pleased with our solar installation by Jet Solar a little over a week ago. The quotation provided by Adam was very informative. His suggestion of a two string configuration to maximise solar capture was a helpful and practical solution to the problem of shadows cast by our neighbour's tree. On the day of installation, the team of four installers led by Paul arrived on the dot at the pre-arranged time. They were very polite and professional and without any fuss the installation was completed in less than five hours. They kept the place very tidy after the job. The inspector arrived soon after the installation and gave the job immediate approval. To top it off we had free solar electricity straight away on the same day! Paperwork for grid connection was organised and signed before the team left. I have no hesitation in recommending Jet Solar to anyone thinking of having a solar system installed.

Perfect all round

From the start, Adam at quoting stage was very informative explaining the product and options. From the Install stage, Jason was perfect, arrived on time, great job. Went well above and beyond what you would expect. Happy to recommend Jet Solar without a doubt one of the best companies I have had the pleasure to deal with on all fronts, quality, service and all out good guys.

Very professional

I have just had the guts from Jet Solar out to install our system. They have been very professional and helpful right from the quote through to installation. Helpful advice on picking the right system. Polite, safe, quick and clean on site.

To be recommended

Jet solar was recommended to me & I couldn't be happier with the whole process. It was very efficient from first talking to Jason, then Adam. He immediately got onto working out the best system for us & then explaining the process of applying for the rebates, which was all very easy online.
When the date was locked in, the very pleasent team arrived on time & worked efficiently & quickly & everything was left tidy.
Paul explained how it would work & how we could monitor our energy production.
A great team of friendly, professional & efficient young men... although I'm sure theres a woman behind them!!
Definitely to be recommended

Fantastic Installer

It was a pleasure to deal with the team at Jet Solar team.
They arrived on time. Did a great job with the the installation and left the place cleaned as they arrived.
We even decided to change the location of the inverter midway through installations. They were happy to accommodate, with no hassle.
I am confident to recommend Jet Solar to my friends and family.

Best in the business - that's what the Inspector said and I agree 110%

The team at Jet Solar is the best in the business. They are a pleasure to deal with beginning with Adam. Adam was informative, patient, and explained everything in detail. There was no hard sell or pushy sales tactics. The quotation was prompt and reasonable. I had 4 quotes in total, 1 was cheaper than Jet Solar and the other 2 were more expensive.

I could've gone with the company that was $300 but didn't. The BIGGEST reason for this was that the installer (Jason) from Jet Solar is also the owner of Jet Solar whereas the cheaper company uses subcontractors for their installation (not that there is anything wrong with that). My decision to choose Jet Solar was made sweeter because I received a $150 discount off the original quotation.

I just felt having the owner of a business doing the install gave me a lot of assurance and confidence. Jason and his team arrived on time and got stuck right into it. Jason kept me informed throughout the installation and answered any questions that I had. Everything is set up for you and Jason and his team will organize grid connection and submit the necessary paperwork to your retailer for the feed-in tariff. My place was left clean and all rubbish removed.

The Inspector came and inspected the installation. I asked the Inspector what he thinks of the install and he said Jet Solar is one of the very best installers that he has ever come across. Other reviews about Jet Solar are true - they are good, very very good. So much so, my mother will be getting her solar installed by Jet Solar.

6.6kW Solar Panels: JinkoSolar Tiger N-Type 370 W
5kW Inverter: Fronius Primo

Smooth and efficient installation

Jetsolar gave us good information and advice so we were able to choose the best solar products for us. On the day of installation they arrived on time and worked solidly all day. They were polite, professional and left our property spotless. We are more than happy to recommend Jetsolar, in fact three family members have chosen them to do their solar installations.

Fantastic, professional installer

I was recommended to this company by Solar Quotes, very happy with the decision to go with them!
Adam has done a fantastic job of looking after us throughout the entire process, start to end. Very, very attentive and responsive to all the questions I had along the way.
Paul and Jason's team - incredibly friendly and professional. The installation took less than a day and a half, start to finish! It is looking very neat and clean. Even our yard - spick and span, no rubbish in sight after the team packed up and left.
Inspector came over and it was operational by the end of the second day.

100% recommend Jet Solar to anyone looking to get a nice, clean, hassle free installation with great service.

Assessment of performance

Very friendly, punctual and a job professionally done. No complaints at all.

Great to Deal With and Considered Safety

Was very happy with Jet Solar. Kept me informed throughout the process. The team were polite and were on time. One thing I did like was that they considered safety. On the planned day of installation, it was a bit foggy and there was moisture on the roof tiles which made it slippery. They did not proceed as it was risky. I applauded that decision.They did what they could on the ground in preparation but rescheduled to later in the week. Appropriate safety gear was used.

Great to deal with. Will call them if I add a battery or expand the number of panels in the future.

Above and beyond

Everyone was easy to work with, patiently answered our questions in reasonable detail and worked through our design questions, ending up with a high quality result. While connecting the inverter to the switchboard Jet Solar found and fixed an existing electrical issue that was not in the planned scope of work. We were not charged for this.

They were able to come and do the installation sooner than initially promised. Work was done over a couple of days. Staff arrived as expected although they needed to reschedule because of a snap COVID-19 lockdown. Their inspector came on the same day that work was completed, gave them a rave review and switched the inverter on. Our antenna was replaced by a lower-profile antenna to minimise shading. The installer took the extra time to check with us and change things around until we got a really good TV signal.

We appreciated the meticulous clean up effort. The site was left tidy. Absolutely no rubbish was scattered around for us to clean up. Roof tiles were treated very carefully to avoid burning through our spares.

The paperwork was lodged with my energy retailer within two weeks as promised and has been processed by them and the distributor with no issues.

The production monitoring through GoodWe's SEMS portal works fine. Between that, our distributor's online portal, and having a PowerPal device installed separately we have a good amount of insight into our electricity usage. However, if you want a direct data feed of consumption monitoring, make sure to discuss this with your installer as it could require extra equipment to be attached to your switchboard.

Jet Solar makes an effort to ensure good performance of systems they have installed - a couple of weeks after this installation was completed, a tree took out a power line up the street, sending a high voltage surge to some houses. As a result we were off-grid for around five days. Since this manifested as zero output on the solar monitoring dashboard, Jet Solar were really proactive and contacted me a couple of times to check if something was wrong.

Although you can get cheaper quotes from other businesses we feel that Jet Solar's work is worth the price. Solar installs are a multi-decade investment decision so it is a good idea to get the best system you can even if it costs a bit more to get it through a company that goes above and beyond. The extra attention to detail and quality is demonstrated all the way through the process, and we felt they genuinely care about doing a great job for their customers. Since it's a small business, the same staff that did a great job for us will likely do the same for any future customers.

Excellent Installation and Exceptional Customer Service!

Couldn't be happier dealing with Jet Solar! They were the first to get back to me with a quote (and also most competitive) and answered all my questions immediately. The crew turned up on time for the installation and were knowledgeable, tidy and polite. They also responded instantly when I had a couple questions relating to the app after the installation. I would highly recommend using their services!

Outstanding service

Jet Solar is a highly professional, reliable and efficient company. The whole process was easy from start to finish and we are extremely happy with the final result. We highly recommend Jet Solar.

Another Happy customer

The Team at Jet Solar were fantastic to deal with from the start of the process dealing with Adam and getting a system priced and designed, to the installation by Paul, Tighe and Gary, we could not have been happier with the experience.
The Team were very polite, friendly, professional, punctual and tidy with the work carried out.
They were happy to answer any questions asked about the installation, and also arranged for connection to the grid, and Inspector for approval on the same day.
Everything was cleaned up after installation to the point where I did not have to do anything, and they took away all empty boxes and rubbish.
We would not hesitate in recommending Jet Solar for anyone looking to install a solar system.

Great from the very beginning

Right from the beginning Jet Solar had great communication. Adam took the time to talk through the quote and answered all of my questions. For a complex process Adam made it easy and was there every step of the way.

Install happened on the date it was booked in for and without any issues. The whole process could not have been easier. So far everything is going great and I do not expect any issues.

Highly recommended! Five-star service

Jason’s team provided fantastic service throughout the entire process from quoting to installation. I have been monitoring the system performance for a few days and everything functions perfectly.

I had little knowledge about solar system but in initial quotation Adam cleared up all my confusions about system sizes, panels layout, product features, etc to help me find out the panels and inverter fitting my house. Installation work was neat and well-organised. Jason and Paul were always happy to explain each step of process to keep me informed, and both them showed a high degree of attention to details.

A phone call came to me to guide me through rebate and loan applications; Installation was scheduled without long waiting period; Installation was completed perfectly on time and Inspector arrived right after --- From all of these, I can see Jet Solar staff really care about customers and really make efforts to keep service outstanding. Their brilliant work definitely deserves a five-star rating in all aspects.

Highly recommend Jet Solar

Very smooth process from the beginning, Highly recommend Jet Solar.

Adam was really helpful with finalizing all the design work and getting the approval for the Solar grants. I had to obtain many quotes as my two storey house does not have enough space for the straightforward design. Jet Solar provided me a design with Microinverters. Their price was very reasonable compared to all other string inverter options that I got from different installers.
Jason and his team came to do the installation was really really good. Very efficient, neat and very friendly. They left the job very clean. And the inspector was booked on the same day and all connected by 2 pm.( Started 8 am).

Thanks a lot Adam, Jason and the team for the awesome job that you guys did.

Worth a Pick

First great portal from Solar Quotes to get an Understanding of PV solar,No doubts after going thru an 101 you can pose a few questions, thanks Solar quotes your site and details are spell bound.

I was happy to select Jet solar as one of the Installers for my requirements and was a breeze to work with.
No turning back from the first time I spoke to Adam, he was very quick to respond with a quote and be in touch to answer any questions that you pose. He was extremely professional to answer the rebate process, the different option and keep revising the quotes based on your needs. He also explained and helped with the rebate application process. As soon as the approval came they were quick to work on the schedule and Jason was seamless when it came to installation. He and his team worked great to install, configure and explain the system. They also had an Inspector visit the site to certify once installation was complete.
Finally they co ordinated in getting the paper work to your energy provider and all you had to do was just sit back and watch.

Note: I figured out in this journey there are so many options with products, quotes and more importantly dealing with different quotes for the exact same specification. I am so glad with the overall experience with Jet solar and hopefully a day comes when battery is affordable that I get to interact again.