Jet Solar Pty Ltd

Jet Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

Jet Solar, based out of Wheeler's Hill is an experienced Solar & Battery specialist serving Victorian customers.

We work with you to scope and install the best solar solution for your situation using only trusted, tested, reliable brands of solar panel, inverter and battery. Brands that we know and stand behind, including Q-Cells, Fronius and Tesla.

We can also analyse your energy use and needs to make sure you get the system that you need.

Our history:

The Director of Jet Solar Pty Ltd, Jason Dickinson was originally a Sole Trader, trading as JLD Electrical Services, established in May 2015.

Jason's business grew successfully with many happy customers and in 2018 it was time to form a company structure with the establishment of Jet Solar Pty Ltd.

We are proud to be one of the highest-rated solar installation companies on SolarQuotes. Please read our many reviews below:

Reviewers report paying: $1,600 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Jet Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (122)

Very happy customer!

The initial quoting process with Adam was straight forward. After listening to my needs the best options and configurations were discussed and agreed upon. Jason arrived on install day and was very pleasant to deal with. He explained everything to do with the install in detail. His crew were meticulous in their work and I was very impressed. Jason took the extra time to put the inverter in the location that I wanted and he even went to the extra effort of concealing all the cables/ conduit internally to the inverter. Very clean install! The Electrical inspector arrived same day and he said Jason at Jet Solar always does great installs and he also said I picked the right guy for solar install, that is reassuring.
Don’t risk a big company that use sub-contractors, use Jet Solar where you know the owner of the business oversees the install himself. Thanks guys.

BRILLIANT from first phone call to finished installation

Jason and all the crew were fantastic.
They literally took me by the hand and help me through all paperwork and solar rebates .
They were on time, easy-going, incredibly knowledgeable about the products, helpful and very clean .
10 out of 10.
Highly recommend!!!

thanks guys

Kara. X

Great process with professional company

Jason and Paul arrived on time and described in detail the installation process. Paul took the time to show me how the inverter worked and helped me setup the app.

Thanks Jet Solar for a pleasant experience.

Great to deal with. Installed an running by 1pm.

Easy quote process. Installation was like clockwork. Polite and tidy workers. Connected to grid before they left as well.

Great Customer Service

Great customer service, Paul and his team were great to deal with.
Punctual and tidy

I would like to pass on my thanks to Jet solar Pty Ltd for the job done on our 6.6kw solar system. The whole process from quoting to measurement, invoicing and installation went very smoothly. Thank you to all involved and in particular to the site installation team who did a great job. We are very pleased with the outcome and recommend the company as solar installer.

Five Star Solar Installation

We were so happy with Jet Solar we were compelled to leave a review. Jason and his experienced team arrived on time and were very professional and tidy in their approach and installation of our new solar system. There was a minimum of fuss and all the team seemed very confident in their skill set. On completion, one of the team fully explained how the system works and installed an app on our phone so we can check the system’s performance. Very happy with the whole experience.

Jet Solar experience

We were very happy with our solar installation experience. The personnel were polite, well presented and aware of our desire to keep our new home as clean as possible. The inspector was very impressed, the installation was completed in a timely manner and we would be happy to recommend them to anyone requiring an installation.

Fantastic team!!

Thanks to Paul, Jason, Adam and the team at Jet Solar.
From start to finish, there was outstanding communication, guidance and support from the team.
On day of install, the team arrived right on time and explained what the install entailed.
On completion we were shown everything we needed to know.
What a great friendly team - could not fault any thing at all.
Keep up the good work!!

Our nice big 10KW systems is here!

Very happy to have this solar system installed.

Adam from Jet Solar from very clear and patient when quoting. He explained how it would all work, and together we planned the installation, eventually specifying a 10KW system.

Jason and his crew arrived on the day specified months earlier, and were finished by 3pm. As others attested to, it was a painless process and a very clean result.

While we had to wait several months for the installation, it is clear why Jet Solar are so popular.

Provided assistance in a prompt and friendly manner

I had my solar system installed in late 2019 by a different company and their installer never set up my account with Enphase to enable the monitoring capability. I've been trying to contact the company without success for over a year and discovered it no longer exists. So I called Jason from Jet Solar, who provided great friendly advice on the process of getting it done retrospectively. It was very kind of him in taking the time to set up my account promptly and finishing off the job that was supposed to have been done at initial installation.

Solar without the fuss

I looked at solar 8 years ago, then 4 years ago, then recently. Capacity has gone up, and prices have come down, and (for us) solar now makes sense. Now to find an installer that takes some care in doing a good job (given that I have some shading from trees), Adam looked after the sales side of things, with patience and an attitude of doing it properly. Jason headed up the professional install team. A good team, that I would easily and highly recommend. The only drawback is that they are popular, and you may have to wait for the install, but its worth the wait.

Very professional

Jet Solar were thoroughly prompt & professional from start to finish.
Responding promptly to my initial request for a quote and all questions along the journey.
They turned up exactly when they said they would, installed the panels within a day and had also organised the inspection so our panels were switched on and working by 5pm.
The team were polite, considerate and very professional.
I have recommended them to many people already!

Nice work and helpful

The whole experience went well, from sales where Jet Solar supported me through the process including rebate application. The installation was punctual, and completed earlier than anticipated. During installation, they were nice enough to show me the wiring installation. The installation is very neat, and they made an effort to avoid surface mounted conduit. They explained the process every step of the way and handled everything smoothly. Nice work

There’s no better than Jet Solar

All I can saw is wow. The Jet team from quote to handover was amazing. The team that did the install were all professional and left the place just like they found it. They even spent time going through the HomeKit and wifi config and chatting about best use of solar and times of day. Cannot fault them. Get around Jet Solar if you need a solar system!

Finally we are GREEN! Yoohoo

The company is highly recommended by SolarQuotes. Jason and Adam have been very helpful throughout the whole process from introductions to getting grants and finally the long awaited installation (not outsourced, good stuff worth the wait). The team on site worked efficiently, safe, and clean. Whole installation was done within 4 hours. AMAZINGLY the inspection happened on the same day instead of weeks. THAT was a huge bonus. The electricity now “tastes” sweeter. Thank You Guys.

A complicated install done well

I got two responses via Solar Quotes, Jet Solar being one of them.
It took a bit of work to explain what I wanted: as much north-facing as possible, with the overflow on the west side, and we went through a few iterations.
Do bear in mind that all sales people want the simplest job. Both companies I spoke to were pushing for east facing panels, because that is the easy option. I don't believe that they would be valuable and I had to repeatedly push for the North/West setup. Because we have a "messy" roof with lots of different angles and faces, it is not a "pretty" install. There are panels all over the place, and I'm sure that it took the team much longer than they would normally take to do it. Also, we have a terracotta tile roof, and during the install more than 20 tiles were broken. Jet Solar were fantastic though: at the end of Day 1 they took away a sample tile, and came back the next day with 25 matching spares. Perfect!
I rated only 4 stars value for money, but that is not necessarily a reflection on Jet Solar; the system that we bought was expensive, with micro-inverters.

No-fuss from quote to installation

From start to finish you made a very complex process so simple.

Firstly, Adam showed a great deal of patience and knowledge walking me through the initial quotation and then helping with the steps of applying for rebates and loans and submitting applications etc. Too easy!

The installation date was set, and despite lockdowns and inclement weather, Jason and his team even managed to bring the date forward a week.

They arrived at 7am as promised, and finished 2 hours ahead of schedule, with the system connected and powering my house by 12pm. They left the work site spotless, and to be honest, with the panels out-of-sight on the northern side of my roof, you wouldn't even know they had been there!

The inspector arrived 30 minutes later, and was extremely impressed by the workmanship, which is very comforting for such a major investment in your home.

I can't thank Jason, Adam and the team at Jet Solar enough, and look forward to reaping the rewards of $olar power into the future.

Excellent Experience

Jason and his team provided an excellent, professional service. Sales team was knowledgeable, not pushy and answered my many questions. Once I decided to proceed the install date was set and not moved even with some COVID challenges. Jason and team arrived on time, finished the install by 3pm including the inspection, allowing it to go live same day. I highly recommend Jetsolar.

Awesome job!

Jason and the guys did a great job. I look forward to seeing the savings.

Original Review on 14-06-2020:

Exceptionally high quality installation and fantastic customer service.

I chose Jet Solar as I wanted to deal with the same person from design through to installation and preferred to support small businesses (other quotes were from larger companies and had different people doing sales/design/installation). Jason was excellent throughout the whole process from designing the system through to installation. He took the time to patiently answer all my questions and paid attention to every single little detail. I got the quote updated three times throughout the process as I changed my mind on panel type and Jason even went to the trouble of updating the panel position drawn on the quote as he remembered me mentioning some obstacles on the roof (which weren't obvious on the satellite image). I was really impressed with this level of detail to ensure the design was perfect and took into account all considerations.

On the day of installation, Jason and team arrived right on time and his work was meticulous. I consider myself a fussy customer and did a lot of research (reading SolarQuotes website and watching their YouTube videos, looking at the Solar Q&A Aus/NZ and Crap Solar Facebook Groups) so I had an idea of what a good installation would look like. Jason listened to all my requests and met them exactly: from placing panels a specific distance from the roof edge, to having the panels tilted at an exact angle of 28 degrees (highest annual output according to PVWatts) and only penetrating a specific section of the roof for cabling. Whilst he was working I could see him checking and double checking to ensure everything was exactly to specification. Even though the tilt frames had angles marked on them, he still took the time to independently check the angle rather than simply relying on the markings. Cabling was also extraordinarily neat with use of rigid conduit wherever possible and limiting the amount of flexi conduit (which I personally like to avoid as I've seen it degrade elsewhere eg. electrical cabling for Air Conditioners).

The tidy up work was just as meticulous with the team ensuring all dust was cleared using a leaf blower, which includes both the dust on the ground from drilling through the brick wall as well as small amounts of dust in the mounting bracket of the Fronius inverter from when it was drilled into the wall. The guys even checked over the roof to ensure no loose screws, nails, etc. were left behind, leaving it very clean.

The inspector came just as Jason and team were finishing so the system was approved and on straight away without any wait. The inspector even said the work of Jet Solar was top quality and one of the best so I was lucky I went with them. To add to that, Jason and team ensured safe working practices, roping off certain areas of the house and wearing safety harnesses.

Overall I highly recommend Jason as his work was impeccable, his customer service was excellent and both him and his team were polite, courteous and friendly to deal with. Usually with tradies I can pick out at least one or two things which aren't quite 100% but having a look at Jason's work, I couldn't find a single thing to fault no matter how small!

Note: My 6.5kw Panels / 5kw Inverter generated 23.7kWh on Day 1 and 28kWh on Day 2. We're right in the middle of winter and having nearly the shortest days of the year so super impressed with the outputs!

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is performing brilliantly! Generation during a sunny day over the Summer period is upwards of 40kw.

Professional top quality install

Everything was top quality and highley professional, very easy to deal with and no BS.

Great service and professionalism

Jason, Adam and the team guided us through a seemless process from quote to installation the job was done with no fuss. The team was friendly, knowledgeable and the service was outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend Them to any of me family or friends. Well Done. Cheers Don And Tina.

The quoting process was excellent - very quick responses and good discussions to understand what my options were, and the pros and cons of the different options. This was one of the reasons I went with them.

The price was equivalent to others.

Installation went very smoothly, I met Jason in the morning and it was done by the afternoon. The electrical certification happened same day, and he said he was always impressed with this companies installations.

Highly recommend

Highly recommend!!

Great customer service from start to finish, very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Installed and certified on the scheduled date!

Great trustworthy and quality installer from start to finish

This was a great solar installation experience end to end. Quote was clear and comprehensive and price seemed reasonable for what you get. Jason and his team turned up on the date they promised. Even though it rained heavily on the day that prevented them completing the job (safety considerations), they came back shortly after and completed the job promptly. Team was efficient, had great attention to detail and friendly. Couldn’t recommend these guys highly enough. Thank you!

Fantastic Service

The sales process was fantastic no sugar coating, very proactive. I was given all the information I needed and was kept up to date the whole way along the process even though it was delayed due to COVID. I didn't have to ask where things were at.

Installation was flawless. The team (Adam, Jason, Paul and the team) was friendly and the inspector even said that Jet Solar is one of the best.

System is operating efficiently. Job Well done, Many Thanks Jet Solar Team

Fantastic solar installation and company!

So easy to deal with. Excellent price and sales process. The install was so quick and easy. They were very friendly installers and Jason (owner) was on site to answer any questions we had. They left the job clean as if they had never been there. Excellent quality job. Couldn’t be happier. - Brendan

Fantastic Job

Can't fault these guys for anything.
Had a great experience with Adam in customer service.
Jason and his team were exceedingly professional and knowledgeable. They were happy to go through each step of the process in detail.
The job itself was done quickly and cleanly. No hassles at all.
They even organised an inspector for the same day as installation, which meant my solar was good to go immediately.
Highly recommend these guys.

Simply fabulous & professional

Many thanks to Jason and the team for a totally professional installation with attention to detail and communication. Highly recommended!

Home solar installation

Great job by a group of knowledgeable helpful guys. Thank you

Professional and a Great Team

Adam, Paul, Jason and the whole team were all great to deal with. From getting a quote, answering heaps of questions from us, scheduling, installation and app use - all were done in a professional way. Installation and grid connection was completed as scheduled, with the energy distributor staff on site as soon as they have finished the install. We were able to use the solar energy straightaway. Great work, guys.

Professional and prompt

With such a large number of companies installing solar and so many products, it can be confusing. We got a few quotes for solar and were impressed initially by the straightforward and informative attitude on first enquiry with Adam.

The installation timeframe was realistic (despite COVID lockdown) and it was delivered as promised. Installation was quick and painless and Jason was accommodating with regard to our particular requirements regarding the inverter location, which was a bit of a hassle. The system was installed, working and inspected on the same day.

We found Jet Solar to be informative, professional, knowledgeable and prompt. Jason and his team take pride in their work and we would not hesitate to recommend Jet Solar.

Excellent service, installation etc

Adam, Jason and the team have been fantastic to deal with. Very simple process, quick and quality installation. Highly recommend JetSolar.

Great job!

Thanks JetSolar for professional installation of Solar panels.
Excellent sales approach giving time to understand the options and best setup for my house.
Arrived on time. Quick installation on the day despite the job being a difficult one.
Neat clean up. Clear communication from start to finish.
I highly recommend JetSolar

Great Work from Start to Finish

Adam was friendly and informative in answering my questions during the quotation process. The administrative applications were quickly completed without any hassles with his guidance. Was pleasantly surprised that they could carry out my installation earlier than originally scheduled. Jason and his team turned up punctually and finished the job including inspection, in half a day. Amazing work by an amazing team who made the whole process of switching to solar totally painless! Glad that we made the choice to go with Jet Solar for our installation.

Very happy with the professional service provided by Jet solar

Great communication and professional service starting from the Quoting stage exploring different systems and costings and Jason gave us great honest advice on each of the options. Once confirmed I was given an installation date well in advance and this was very helpful with planning and then this was the actual date of installation. On installation day the Jet Solar team showed up on time and had the job inspected, connected, and running before midday. They were all very professional, worked efficiently and safely, and also cleaned up after the job. Overall a good quality and neat installation we are happy with our new Solar System and would highly recommend the team at Jet Solar.

Excellent Quality and Service

Out of several companies that we engaged for quotes, Jet Solar were the easiest and most punctual in replying and unlike their competitors were actually willing to discuss various configurations, brands and costs rather than offering only one solution that suited them.

Installation was fantastic, it was excellent to see Jason taking pride in the work he and his team undertake and we couldn't be happier with the quality of the install.

The paperwork to sort the grid connection was delayed, however given the time of year and coming out of covid restrictions this was understandable.

We would definitely recommend Jetsolar and would not hesitate to use them again.

Great system, quality work, friendly team

From the start, the team at JetSolar knew their stuff. I'd done my research so had some idea on what I wanted but the team delivered that and more. I was guided through all the quoting and grant requirements.
Although delayed by COVID, once the installation was scheduled the team were on time, efficient and respectful. I had comments from both neighbours about how polite all the guys were, especially when they had their young kids in the backyard and could see the guys up on the roof.
The system is currently working better than I expected, about 2 weeks on from commissioning. I'm expecting some good results once the energy retailer updates my plan and I receive my next bill.

All round amazing experience from start to finish!

The team at Jet Solar were absolutely amazing from start to finish.

During the sales cycle, Adam was amazing to deal with, explained things really well, wasn't pushy and didn't even want a downpayment! AWESOME

The team kept me informed as to when the installation was going to happen and it was on time as expected.

On the day of install, Jason and his team were super efficient and took great care in all their work.
They cleaned up after themselves and really took every step to make sure that the installation was neat.
Their preparedness meant that they had arranged the inspector same day, so that there was no waiting to start pumping back to the grid.

The connected the inverted to the monitoring and the whole thing was no fuss.

I highly recommend Jet Solar to anyone who is looking for a quality installation.

Jetsolar installation

Sales quote process was easy and questions were answered promptly. Design was good as it maximises north facing panels. We were informed all along process, and install was neat and tidy. Installers were polite and punctual. All up, very happy

Great Service and Seamless Installation Process

The team at Jetsolar were amazing - can't fault the process from quoting to installation. Great value for money and could not recommend Jetsolar enough!

Outstanding service and quality of work

There were so many companies offering Solar installation so who do you go with. Do your research and more often than not the reviews will point you in the right direction. From initial conversations with Adam at Jet Solar on what system to go with, how much will it cost and what are the costs vs benefits, I knew i was in the right hands.

Jason and Paul were great to deal with and certainly take pride in their work. After the installation which was both seamless and very efficient, the CEC attendant who came to give the installation the all clear knew that it was a Jet Solar job purely by the standard of work being top quality and he even mentioned to me that I had definitely gone through the right people. The CEC attendant doesnt initially know who does the job, only that he needs to approve the installation is to standard, so this definitely gave me added assurance that I chose the right company.

Extremely impressed with the quality of the installation, the professionalism of the team, the communication and handling of everything that needed to to done.

I cannot fault anything. If you have been thinking about getting solar but putting off because its in the too hard basket, contact Jet Solar and you will not go wrong.

Great installation very professional whole experience excellent.

The whole process was very smooth. Installation was very well organised and quick. All works perfectly.

Top Shelf Service from start to finish

Jason and the team at Jet Solar have given me a great professional experience from quote to install.
During Victorian lock downs I was always kept in the loop as to when my system would be installed.
They arrived on the day scheduled and completed the work quickly and without interruption to my day working from home. I would 100% recommend Jet Solar to anyone a great professional outfit. Great price and quality products used.
Don't hesitate using these guys just perfect.

quick installation

quick, tidy and helpful Great service from start to finish by everyone at Jet solar.

Fantastic work Jet Solar! A very happy customer.

Didn’t know anything about solar panels. This team were very very helpful. The customer service was excellent and the prices were reasonable.I highly recommend this company and will be doing more business in the future. On the day of installation Jason and his team worked so hard and professionally, with all the safety requirements. He helped me with all my questions. Solar panels have been awesome and saving a lot of money! Im so happy with the whole process. Thanks again Jet solar

Great installation.

Jason and the team did a great job. Very responsive to any questions I had about the installation. All went ahead very efficiently would highly recommend Jason for your solar needs.

Grade A service. Jet Solar delivered as promised.

Really helpful right from the beginning - educating me on the facts and figures right through to the after installation Q and A.

Electrician Jason conducting the installation was very professional and on the ball. If you've ever had tradies on site then you'll know they usually leave a small path of litter or waste materials. But even after getting on the roof I couldn't even find a single wire cutting. Spotless.

The system is functioning better than expected. I still need to remove the old basketball hoop and cut back the trees in the front yard but the micro inverters are working their magic just as I was told they would.

They didn't over sell the system but now it's installed I feel like they could have boasted more.

Very happy with the end result.

P.S
Even the inspector from the council said that Jet Solar always produce this same level of quality service on every job of theirs that he has checked.

Original Review on 25-03-2020:

No fuss installation and follow up

Sales and quoting direct and responsive to questions
Installation was very punctual and installer did a great job
Very helpful around issues with power company

8 months later we asked Garry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, I didn’t know a lot about tariffs etc, but even after a cloudy and long Melbourne winter we are in credit. Our only holdup with the whole was due to AGL taking so long and many phone calls to consolidate our meters so we could get some return. I would definitely recommend your service to anyone else.