PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd
Silver Partner
PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 32 637 369 950  ABN active since 01 Jan 2020 | Pte Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd
ACN: 637 369 950  ACN active since 11 Nov 2019 | Pte Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 352964C Pte Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $6,003 - $9,076 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd is a Solar Power Installation company based in Five Dock NSW. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

From start to finish, exceptional

The quote process was exhaustive. I had many questions, and made many amendments, but nothing was too much trouble. The final agreed configuration was one that I understood, and most closely met my multiple objectives. The installation was professionally managed, and precisely executed. From panel installation, through cabling, to the placement and configuring of the Inverters, everything was done with care and precision. The system was commissioned, the site fully tidied and cleaned, before the team finally departed.

What I found notable was that Patrick, Kiran and the rest of the team took responsibility for everything, from start to finish, nothing was left to me to sort out, there were no loose ends. Even unexpected events like the few roof tiles that cracked, or the weather that forced the installers off the roof for a while, everything was just 'handled'. PTE Solar took full responsibility for getting the job done, and they didn't leave the site until everything was complete, working, and tidy.

It is always enjoyable working with people who are complete experts in their field, who are polite and courteous, and who commit 100% to delivering what was promised. I would recommend this firm to anyone.

Great workmanship - Great service

As a Tradie Myself, As a knowledgeable person, and as a picky person as i am, I did quite the amount of research on the type of system that suits me, on top of that also the company, I browsed through solar quotes and came across a few company's, 1 of them which was PTE Solar. I visited there profile and loved to see the amount of 5 stars they have received, also reading through the comments and seeing what customers had said and though about them, which is a big plus for me. I also went onto there social media and had a look at there photos, from that point I was pretty much sold. There worked looked second to none, just the way I liked it.

I pretty much had the system I wanted , which was the system they seem to sell quite a bit off. ( SolarEdge / LG combo ). Pricing was very competitive , Kiran was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions I had written down. From the moment I accepted to go with them , the system was installed in just over a week. Patrick was on site 730am, and left at 230pm. The amount of care and quality the installation team put in on the day was amazing, I asked for all conduits to not be seen and run inside of the cavity, as hard as it was , as my house is multiple levels, they managed to get it done without a single piece of conduit showing. All tiles were grinded, all regulations were meet, all mess was cleaned up. Everything went as smooth and as was told. Patrick set me up for my SolarEdge application, and system is running perfect, application for the new smart meter has also been lodged by PTE, just waiting on the new smart meter to be installed. All in all, I am very thankful and delighted I had chosen to go with PTE and would highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking of installing a new solar system.

Michael Webb

Great Team

The whole experience was exceptional. Kiran was happy to provide all the answers and information I requested. Even when I asked for multiple quotes to help me make a decision.
The instal team were fantastic and very knowledgable. No fuss, they got straight down to business and started doing their thing. Patrick was professional and his high quality of work surpassed my expectations (even as fussy as I am).
I would highly recommend these guys to anyone considering a solar installation.

Excellent Service and Installation

PTE Solar provided us with first class service. The customer services, sales and quoting process was carried out in a prompt, professional and helpful manner. Kiran was friendly and approachable at all times, and always answered all our questions.
The installation happened in a fast timeframe, with the PTE able to accommodate my request for an early start on the morning in question. They were entirely professional throughout, and left the place tidy at the end. Patrick explained the instructions for operating the system and app were clear and concise.
We couldn’t be happier with the service we received from PTE Solar and have recommended them to various colleagues also considering solar installations.

Trustworthy, down to earth, and tirelessly helpful

First things first: I read a review of PTE on this site, and what was written was absolutely true. I dapple with 2 companies that had a lightly informed sales team, that whilst helpful to an extent, clearly didn’t have any direct experience, and would answer my questions with canned responses. Indeed, spending enough time reading articles on this website put me in a position where I was better informed than the sales people!
Where PTE differ is that Kiran is on-site at installs all the time, and has real world experience from working side by side with Patrick. You feel this during the sales process, as the contextualisation of information is grounded in real world scenarios.

Installation (Dec 31) was amazing. They worked hard all day, and persisted through light drizzle. Their attention to detail is second to none, and we are very happy with the quality of the installation.
We’ve now had the system for the best part of a month, and it’s performing extremely well, producing big numbers, and the granularity of information to geek out on is fantastic.

I highly recommend PTE, as well as the LG/Enphase combo for quality, peace of mind, and a great customer experience.

PTE Solar - Good old fashion customer service and 5 star installation

If you're looking for good old fashioned customer service, excellent communication, crews that turn up when promised and a company that knows it's product and installs it efficiently and respectfully, then I thoroughly recommend PTE Solar.
Patrick, Kiran and the crew were professional throughout the whole process.
The initial sales call was polite and knowledgeable (without being pushy),with the patience to answer all my questions and concerns. The communication was incredibly efficient, right down to notifying the day before to confirm attendance. Our installation was delayed three times due to wet weather, they even turned up on two occasions only to be rained out, but the communication from PTE was excellent with regards to this and always clarified available days and confirmed the day before they were coming.
We did not have to do a thing during the whole process -they applied for the pre-installation approval and also organised the grid connection with our current electrical provider and set us up with the monitoring site.
They even monitored the system for the first week or so and kept in touch with how it was performing.
My system has been in for two weeks now and I can already see the benefits.
Thanks guys!

My new solar system

From start to finish . Then follow up with progress for how everything is performing. PTE Solar have and are fully involved. As a tradie myself really understand the value of the experience. PTE Solar Are good at what they do. Thanks Robert Show additional information

Excellent installation and overall great experience!!

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend PTE SOLAR to anyone who asks.
The whole process was easy from sales process to installation! Kiran was very helpful with my questions and the installation team were super efficient and worked great onsite.
The scheduling for installation was great too with flexible times and they were very accommodating! Could be happier with my system and PTE SOLAR

Great service, Very professional and excellent workmanship

We decided to go with PTE SOLAR and are very happy with the system they provided. The install was done to a high standard of professionalism and the customer service provided pre/post installation was amazing.
Right from the quote to the installation, we didn't have any problems.
Would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for solar!!

PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd solar installation

The sales and quoting process was very professional and competitive. We were left in no doubt about the products we were purchasing, the delivery expectations and the anticipated performance of the system.
The installation was performed in one day-36 panels and the inverter. The installers were polite, respectful to us and the property and very efficient.

All necessary paperwork for the grid connection was provided promptly by Kiran and Patrick and served on our energy provider immediately upon completion of the forms by us.

The provision and explantation of the related app technology was was done extremely well. The team were very patient to ensure that we understood how to operate and interpret the app information - including regular follow up. Overall we were very impressed with the entire process and would happily recommend them!

PTE SOLAR - Fantastic good old fashion customer service and 5 star installation

We approached numerous solar companies and the one that stood out from the rest was PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd. Kiran and Patrick made the whole solar system purchasing experience a joy from start to finish.

Sales process
1. Fantastic customer service and excellent communication.
2. Very polite, punctual and no pushy sales tactics, what you see is what you get
3. Very knowledgeable on the inverters and solar panels their recommend
4. Their return on investment payback and future projection savings calculation are super easy to understand

1. The installation team were punctual, polite, neat and tidy
2. They consulted with us on the final solar panel roof layout configuration on installation day
3. They really took pride in their installation, down to the silicon used to seal the roof penetration made
4. Patrick walked us through setting up the Solar Edge App was a breeze

1. Their pre-sale customer service is second to none, helpful follow up to see what else we might need.
2. We did not lift a finger, they organised the grid connection with our current electrical provider for us
3. Our system was installed on the 18th November 2020, we was pleasantly surprised to receive a post call from Patrick and Kiran to chat how well the system performance has been.

We highly recommend PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd without any hesitation including our families and friends. Patrick and Kiran, thank you so much for a beautiful solar installation and purchasing experience.

Very happy with the installation - PTE Solar and Electrical

Received 3 quotes from Solarquotes. All 3 came back very quickly with a great level of detail. We went with PTE Solar and Electrical. They provided numerous options with pricing to suit our needs and we ended up going for a 7.7kW system. The customer service was nothing short of exceptional. Provided all the info we needed and explained in detail my questions (I'm an electrician and electrical engineer so I had a few) very patiently. The install went very well with a high level of craftsmen ship and I couldn't be happier with the end product. Everything was taken care of for us - apart from choosing the system, we didn't really have to do anything else. I would absolutely recommend PTE to anyone considering a solar installation without hesitation. Show additional information

PTE SOLAR - Great guys and great service

From start to finish Kiran and Patrick from PTE were amazing.
They answered all my questions, offered several systems that would meet my needs.
They took care of everything.
After they had left we realised the foxtel was not working.
Gave them a call and they came back on Friday afternoon at 5pm, attempted to fix, when they couldn't they arranged a Foxtel specialist to come and fix it that afternoon at no extra cost to me.
They stayed to make sure everything was perfect.

Patrick even fixed a small leak on my roof that I had been meaning to look at.

They set up the app for me to monitor, sent me pics of the install throughout the day and followed up to make sure everything I was happy.

I cannot speak highly enough about there service.
I would happily use them again and I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Great guys and Great old fashion service.

Quality with professionalism

The Guys at PTE Solar nailed it! The design of our system was really pretty exceptional, and targeted to make the most of a big of a unique roof and shading profile. Install was done professionally and the system is performing really well. Really happy with the overall outcome and cant wait to start saving on some bills. Show additional information

Absolutely Thrilled, excellent installation and service!!!

To start off -
I was given 3 quotes , 2 from companies who just sent sales people to my property and tried to sell there specific products which i did fond off, they were quite pushy and did not quite listen to my situation and how i wanted to go about things with the solar system. Then there was PTE SOLAR, who also came visited my premises, but the difference was they were installers on top of being the salesman, so that was a big plus for me, they listened to my situation and gave me advice on where to put the panels in the best location to suit my needs ( which is working from home from 7-12 ). They recommended putting half of the panels on the eastern side of my property so i can benefit the most out of being home in those time periods, as we have the aircon running and also the dryer.

Installation -
Patrick was at our premises from 7 am, discussed the layout although had been discussed prior and also the location of inverter. The crew also installed bird netting for me as i have lots of pigeons flying around and sitting on my rooftop .they did the installation in 6 hours and never left a trace of them. Everything was cleaned up and tidy as if they hadn't been there. They did break a few tiles, ( which i did not have spares ). Patrick kindly went out of his way to source them, and also bought me a few spares to keep for myself.

Service -
Kiran informed me on every step of the way, from when the application was submitted, to when it was approve and finally to when the install date was commencing. and also after the installation, that the solar meter has been submitted and waiting too be changed. Also setup the application for my SolarEdge system which allows me to view my compsumption and individual panel monitoring. Kiran kept me in the loop through out the whole process.

I Couldn't be happier and would not hesitate to recommend PTE Solar. The job was Flawless and i give them a 5 star !

Genuine Installer with Great Service

I received quotes from the 3 installers suggested by Solar Quotes. However, I went through the reviews on Solar Quotes and reached out to a couple of installers and that is how I found out PTE Solar & Electric. Right from the outset Patrick & Kiran were really keen to guide me through the process in making an informed decision. The quotes I received from PTE was less compared to other installers, however, the design inputs and the flexibility exhibited by this installer had made me go with them. Right from the outset, they were really professional and went through the options and recommended the right panels and inverter based on my requirement. While other installers weren't that keen on inspection, very adamant with their design and providing me quotes and charging me extra for 3 Phase or going for a bird guard etc. PTE guys had done an inspection and provided me with the best design based on my roof orientation and how I can maximise the electricity generation. On the installation day, they were really prompt and went about installation in a tidy manner. They also ensure they took care of connecting to the grid and managed the application process. I heard from my electricity provider within a couple of days of installation about the reconfiguration of the meter. A couple of weeks after installation they followed up on how my system was performing and my electricity usage. Since installation for the day time I am not drawing anything from the grid, however, if I put the aircon on I might have to draw energy from the grid as I have got a centralised A/C. With their polite and humble attitude and the way they delivered the work, I would recommend PTE Solar & Electric guys compared to the big boys in the town who are really sales-oriented and less about the customer. Show additional information

Excellent Service

Patrick and Kiran absolutely professional in everyway. Polite, punctual and a great job.
Price was excellent, installation easy and a step by step instruction email on how to get started.
I would recommend PTE Solar to anyone requiring solar panels.
Can not thank Kiran and Patrick enough. Now the saving start.
Thanks guys.

Amazing customer service, competitive price and excellent installation!

My experience with PTE Solar & Electrical was outstanding. From the flexible quotation with super competitive prices, amazing customer service and patience from both Kiran and Patrick, to the no fuss admin and timely clean installation, I can only continue to recommend this great business, as others have. Show additional information

Very pleased with installer

From the start Patrick and Kiran were great. They were polite, respectful and took the time to understand what I was looking for and explained what would work for me. Throughout the process they have been pleasingly communicative and happy to answer any queries. There was no issues with the teams quality installation which went very well and everything was tidied up by the end. They provided excellent customer service which included checking that the system is working well post installation. Absolutely delighted with the entire installation from the price to the post installation service and I would not hesitate to recommend PTE Solar and Electrical. Show additional information

Exemplary service and attention to detail

We were delighted with the service and products that Patrick and Kiran provided us. Based on our own research and then on their advice we decided to go with a larger system and tier 1 quality panels to meet current and future needs. Throughout the whole process they kept us informed and were in touch at every step and were honest, transparent and professional. We feel very confident about the decision we've made and this was added to because both Patrick and Kiran manage the installation themselves, on the tools. They explained everything and made sure that we were satisfied. They took all the hassle out of the exercise and we are so glad that we chose them for our solar system installation. We thoroughly recommend PTE. Show additional information

A fantastic result! Exceeded our expectations ;-)

We are doing major renovations (inc. a pool) so thought about time to bite the bullet and get solar. I contacted 4 companies, and whilst I awaited on-site meetings consulted Google to arm myself with knowledge (very easy to go down the internet rabbit-hole and get hundreds of opinions, until you head is swimming!). Anyway, I at least had enough knowledge to ask some sensible questions of the suppliers / installers.

I discovered there are at least 2 kinds of Solar Panel suppliers;

1. BIG CORPORATES who use sales reps, - very friendly but they have never held a tool or personally installed a panel in their lives (probably selling fridges at HN before this). One large national company doesn't even do a site visit! They use a call centre, assessed over the phone, they use Google maps and street view to review and and decide best solution for you!

You would have to be crazy to spend this much money (I was looking at $10K+) and base it on a call centre guy with no direct experience installing panels! I asked some basic questions, and I could tell they were just reading answers from a script.

2. SMALLER OPERATORS, where the guy you are talking to has been on roofs and installed thousands of panels. They know what is involved and what is possible.

The uniqueness of our installation (an old warehouse converted to a home) required some lateral thinking. Patrick at PTE Solar was more than happy to explore options (eg. rotating orientation of panels to maximise roof coverage) and also use a large slightly SW facing roof for panels. Two other companies who quoted (via sales reps) both said NO, using SW roof would not work. and panels would be wasted and useless. They were just giving textbook answers. Patrick took the time to look at it more closely, correctly assessed that the shallow roof angle would work, and installed panels on that roof. I am thrilled to now see that panels on that section of roof are generating approx 45% of our power, mostly from noon till dusk!

The installation was on-time, professional and thorough. I'd be happy to recommend Patrick, Kiran and PTE solar to any of my friends.

John (Alexandria NSW)

Friendly, efficient, professional, great system, thrilled to bits!

I am more than happy to give PTE Solar a 5star rating. Kiran & Patrick did a great job in consulting us with the different options as well as doing an onsite inspection and came back with an amazing system at a great price. Thanks for your patience guys. The installation was done as scheduled and went smoothly with a competent team and the system was up and running on the same day with no mess. The communication with the team of PTE Solar was always very pleasant. All in all it couldn't be better. Show additional information

Amazing Service All-round

We have been considering getting a new system for a few years, but have only just taken the plunge. Kiran from PTE Solar were very informative, and did not push one vendor over the other. He just provided us with the details and the facts, and helped us to make a decision.

The installation took less than a day and they were quick, clean and happy to answer all of our questions. They also made some modifications to the design, to ensure that we had maximum output at all times.

PTE Solar are also handling the work with our energy provider to arrange our feed in.

Could not be happier with their price and installation...AWESOME WORK PTE SOLAR!

Great service and advice, good quality installation, and good value for money solution.

Patrick provided a clear quote with options to allow us to review and select the appropriate system.
The process from finalising the quote to installation was well managed. The installation team were friendly and assessed the requirements to leave a very neat job, which fitted well with our existing downpiping.
Follow-up with grid connection worked well and patrick helped with some glitches with the app. Would recommend.

Perfect installation and process

PTE Solar and Electrical were professional from the moment Patrick (the owner and installer) came to see us. From product information, to the technical side, Patrick had all the answers and helped us choose the most practical system.The installation went smoothly and the team throughout the process were fantastic. We are absolutely thrilled with the system, workmanship and effort that was put in by Patrick and his team. Show additional information

Fantastic work, clean and tidy

From the day we spoke to Patrick from PTE, to the day the job was complete was a simple transition, we ended up with solaredge and lg panels. Patrick explained how the system works, and what suited our premises, we did have some shading issues and they pointing us in the right direction with the right system. Tiles where grinded, all the debris were cleaned and site was left spotless. Would highly recommend them to anyone installing a new solar system Show additional information