PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd

PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

Choosing solar can be a difficult and stressful process. PTE SOLAR makes your decisions easy and painless. Our job is to design the system that suits you best and take you through the whole journey effortlessly. Our goal and intentions are to strive for excellence, honesty and professionalism, whilst maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction & service – a truly unique Solar Experience.

We at PTE Solar take pride in our design, installation and work and ensure we meet all industry standards and regulations and adhere to all safety requirements. Along with this, we offer 5 years workmanship warranty.

The PTE Difference:

• Industry experience (Over 6+ years with same company name and ABN), based in Five Dock, Sydney NSW.
  • Certified, trained and qualified to design systems, along with licenced electrical background. Installs are conducted inhouse by PTE (No sub-contractors used & no pushy sales tactics)
  • Post monitoring of all systems once installed (our job does not end at the install)
  • We only use high quality products to take care of your property and integrity of the system (these are small things like excellent quality cable, solar conduits, roof polyurethane and dektites, high quality mounting system and panels/inverters)
  • All items quoted are technologically advanced as compared to the normal products being offered in the market. (No hidden charges)
  • We charge a fair & competitive market price for a select-grade install and a sustainable business (lowest price is not always the best) and can design systems tailored to your budget.
  • Use of products that have Australian Warranties and have been tried & tested.
  • We are Clean Energy Council certified

Reviewers report paying: $6,303 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

PTE Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (73)

Satisfied Customer of PTE Solar - Premium Quality Installation & Design

Patrick and his crew are every consumer's dream.

They provide genuine honest advice and education about Solar before even discussing the quote.
They then ran us through the design which was best suited to optimize our self-consumption.

I studied and researched the products I wanted and they happily took it on board as they were premium products PTE were already installing frequently.

The installation was conducted as if it were their own home, carefully handling the panels, making sure the position and alignment of the panels on the roof were millimeter perfect, minimizing the use of intimidating cable conduit and hiding wiring, adhering to all government and manufacture standards.

The whole process was very seamless and quite enjoyable and the crew made sure no mess or rubbish was to be spotted after they left.

Would highly recommend PTE Solar & Electrical to anyone looking to invest in Solar/Batteries, needing electrical maintenance and any other electrical related projects.

Excellent customer service

We ended up going with another installer, but Emily from PTE was knowledgeable, patient with all our requests and respectful of changes to our requirements.

Fantastic service and install

PTE ticked all the boxes in quoting, communication, installation, service and value.
Very professional, attention to detail, courteous and timely through out the entire process.
Will highly recommend PTE to family and friends.

Professional, efficient and great value for solar installation

PTE Solar were very efficient and great value for money. From obtaining the quote to explaining the various options available and suitable to my home. They made the process very easy in assisting us to decide on the best system and inverter that would work for us. The owner was very patient in explaining the pros and cons of the various systems and was very honest with his recommendations which was highly appreciated.
On the day of installation the team was very punctual and tidy, completing the Job in half a day.
PTE solar made the process extremely simple and streamlined, they assisted with all the paperwork so that I had nothing to worry about including connection to the grid.
I would highly recommend PTE Solar and have recommended them to my family, they were a pleasure to deal with and met all expectations.

Fantastic installer with brilliant knowledge

Amazing amazing installer, pte solar is the place to go. The pricing firstly will leave you happy, but the tidiness is on point and further very punctual in the case that you will have a wider understanding of what the system you have gone with can provide you. Honestly best business with the work they provide and the people would suggest everyone to be using them.

Fantastic Service

Patrick and Emily provided a fantastic service from beginning to the end, they were very patient with our many questions. Patrick and the install team arrived on time and the install was completed in one day. After sale service was amazing- they dealt directly with our energy provider! Would highly recommend!

Knowledgeable, prompt and helpful

Everything went brilliantly - very timely response to initial enquiry, knowledgeable and discussed different options based on price and quality.
Patrick kept to his proposed schedule and helpful in the installation was seamless, tidy and clean.
After-sales service and dealing with a very slow and recalcitrant energy provider was patient and helpful

Excellent.

Patrick and Emily made the process simple, fast and reassuring - and I LOVE our new solar system.

A satisfying experience

I cannot recommend PTE Solar highly enough.
Absolutely 5 star service across the board - from the home visit for quotation purposes; to the very thorough, detailed and informative written quote; to the smooth and efficient installation service.
Thanks very much to Patrick, Emily and the whole team.
Very impressed.
Emmanuel

Very helpful team catering to my first solar need

Patrick and Emily were very helpful from the inital quote, site visit all the way to install and commissioning.

No question was without prompt answer and Emily was happy to run through different options for my install.

Patrick and the crew did a very tidy install, cleaned up after and managed to install my EV charger on the same day.

Time will tell in regards to system performance, but dealing with PTE has been a pleasure

Great pre-sale visit and really careful installation

Great pre-sale visit and discussion. Really careful installation, tidy and punctual.
System performing as promised.

A first rate job

I couldn't be happier with my solar installation. Of the three retailers who quoted, Patrick was the only one who got up on the roof in person. When he did so, it was immediately apparent to him (and me) that there were subtleties to the roof that could not be appreciated on Google Earth. It also gave me great confidence that Patrick was in charge of the whole process: surveying the roof, designing the layout and then installing. The others who quoted did not offer this.
I found Patrick and PTE to be very accommodating and to be excellent communicators. They were happy to remove my old panels and then wait weeks while I got around to having the roof cleaned and painted. The actual installation was then delayed further, not by PTE, but by the terrible Sydney weather. The first day in weeks that it was not pouring down, Patrick and the boys were up on the roof installing (and working very long hours too!).
Because it took us so long to get organised, Hyundai had released an improved panel between when Patrick quoted and when the installation actually occurred. Patrick had to redo the layout to achieve the same total system size, but gave us the better panels at no extra cost.

Couldn't recommend them highly enough

Kiran was an absolute pleasure throughout the process from quoting, re-quoting, answering my questions, putting up with my change of mind about my requirements etc.
PTE installed:
* 22x LG 360w Panels
* 22x SolarEdge P401 Optimisers
* 8kw SolarEdge Optimised Inverter
Kiran convinced me that there is no need for me to splurge on MicroInverters with my relatively simple roof.

I asked to upgrade the original proposed 6Kw inverter to 8Kw because I plan to install a few more panels in a few years. This added a couple of hundred dollars to the total cost.

Kiran was also available to answer questions after the install, even unrelated clarifications for a relative who's installing a PV array overseas.

The installation team was also very professional, polite and considerate - they actually let me know about problems on my roof which would be hard or impossible to fix if they finished the job on the same day. Instead, they stopped halfway through and waited for me to get the roof fixed before finishing, at no extra cost for me.

Professional installation

Great and friendly communication from quote to installation and handover. PTE Solar answered all our questions and provided a very competitive quote for high quality components. Installation was a well organised and very tidy procedure. The installation team arrived early on a v hot day and had the system up and running by lunch time. Paperwork for smart meter connection was lodged and app monitoring of the system showed near peak performance. A great outcome! So pleased we decided to go with PTE Solar.

Great experience

Patrick from PTE SOLAR quoted on-site. Took great care and time to understand our needs and explain all options and technology in clear detail.
We went with 17 Hyundai panels with solaredge inverter and optimizers.
Installation was quick, efficient and very tidy. We had solar energy flowing into our house by lunchtime! I was so impressed by their whole process. Great follow up support too. Organised all aspects of grid connection with energy provider.
No nonsense, honest, no hard sell, proud of their work. I couldn’t recommend PTE solar highly enough.

Review

Sales quoting service was clear and precise
Installation was most efficient and the team was excellent polite, punctual and highly efficient

PTE very Professional and Competent

Very helpful pre-sales information, including providing multiple selections of different inverters and panel combinations and pros and cons of each. Kept me very well informed throughout the sales and installation process. The installer and his team were very professional, courteous and helpful, and highly experienced. They accommodated positioning preferences and discussed installation options with me throughout. They cleaned up the site thoroughly after work was completed and took the time to explain to my how to work the app and other features. Follow up remote monitoring of the performance of the system to make sure it was functioning as expected, was also a nice touch. Shortly after installation, the 10kw system was cranking out up to 57kwh in a day, which is great for October. Would definitely recommend PTE Solar.

Professional is an understatement.

Great company, great service.

Pat came in initially explained everything, they completed all the documents, installed a system designed for my needs.
Emily was very thorough in her documentation to achieve high results for us in KW.
the team came and installed, cleaned up in 6hrs.
best thing I did and I would not hesitate to recommend Pat and his crew to anyone.

Small but professional and quality outfit

After 2 quotes elsewhere, 1 too pricey, 1 cheap but cowboy outfit with poor reviews, I was recommended PTE by a colleague. 2 business partners Kiran and Patrick tag team with quoting/customer service and install respectively. Both top guys and quality service provided. Plenty of options on spec but appreciated not being ‘over sold’ by Kiran with some ‘bang for buck’ options. Install was smooth, some minor issues with the smart meter but good after sales support and resolved with a reset on a follow up visit by Patrick. Panels are performing great - 4 installed flat due to roof limitations but still getting good output in September. Highly recommend these guys

All year round system

From day one I have to say the process was top notch. Personal visit by Kiran to explain different options. I can't recall how many calls and emails we had as I weighed up the options.
Eventually coming up with a system that would be a good fit for our needs.
I was looking for an all year round system that would provide sufficient power for the home during winter. As my wife and I both work from home we needed a system that would power the AC and some home appliances during the day.
This review is written 3 months after installation and I am certainly getting what I was hoping for.

Installation was faultlessly executed by Patrick and his team. The timing was flexible. The installation tidy and professional. All completed in a day as estimated.

Post install I had follow up assistance to emails and calls as they monitored the system to ensure that it was working optimally.

PTE did everything - all I had to do based on their advice was to renegotiate my electricity contract. To get a better feed in tariff, which was a simple 15min phone call.

A few friends have asked how it's going and when I explained how the process went. I happily provided the contact details of PTE based on my experience.

Excellent process from quote to installation

We have nothing but praise for PTE. They were the best in all aspects of the process from quotes, follow ups and adaptions to their quote in response to our questions. Installation proceeded as planned, and we are really thrilled with our new solar system.

Happy solar generator!

Couldn't be happier with Patrick and the team from PTE Solar. They were professional, friendly and very efficient from start to finish. I was asked lots of questions during the intial meeting to ensure we got the system that best suited our needs and price point. Their communication during the whole process has been faultless so we always knew what was happening. Nothing has been too much trouble as I changed things around and asked for a requote.

The install team turned up on time and got the job done quickly and without any major disturbance, even with a half day lost due to rain. The site was left clean once they were finished. Patrick followed up within a week to let us know there was a minor issue with our monitoring system as well as when he could come and correct it.

I would highly recommend having PTE as one of the three companies to get a quote from.

No issues, took away old system, optimised new system

I only ended up dealing with one installer because the quote from the other one had ignored my specific requests (including removal of existing system). He was very quick to respond to my queries - and I had a few due to a limited northerly aspect. The modelling was very helpful.
In the end the decision was very straightforward as he answered all my questions satisfactorily.

I called them back after the installation because one panel was not correctly aligned and they did that the next day.

They helped set me up with the monitoring app - pretty straightforward too.

One Happy Customer

Kiran, Patrick and the PTE team were fantastic to work with.
Kiran provided great pre-installation service. He provided comprehensive easy to understand information. was patient while I made a decision and more than happy to oblige with further information and clarification.
Patrick and team were prompt, friendly and efficient. Patrick even gave some last minute advice as to how to get the best out of the system. They have set up the grid connection and as long as that comes through as expected i will be one happy customer.

I cannot fault the level of service from these guys. I had heard they were good. I have no hesitation in recommending them as a installer of choice.

Rod

Extremely happy!

Just had my solar system installed by PTE solar, and am extremely happy with the outcome. Kiran came by and inspected our premises and gave us a few options to suit our needs and complex house , we ended up going for the SolarEdge inverter and Hyundai panels as we did have a few shading issues. Patrick was on time and done a perfect installation as promised. No conduit visible as we kindly asked , messed was tidied up and system was working and functional in one day. Would recommend Pte solar to anyone who is interested in solar. Thankyou

Fantastic company from start to finish

We came to know about PTE Solar through the recommendation of our relative who works in this same industry. The sales person, Kiran. who gave us the quote was professional & he presented us the facts of the various systems for our consideration. After some further deliberations n consultations, we chose a 5Kw system.
The installation was carried out two months ago & the team that came to carry out the work was very friendly ,efficient, courteous n professional and they did a great cleanup after finishing the job.
There was a small hick up as our garden reticulation timer could not be reset. When we brought this problem to the attention of Patrick who was the installation team leader, we were most surprised & impressed when he came the very next day. Upon checking, he replaced our old timer & reset our reticulation with a new top tier unit at no cost to us. That is amazing service. Could not be happier. :)

Reliable local Solar system Installer

We decided to go with PTE Solar because Patrick is reliable, honest and competitive with a lot of knowledge of his products. He advised us in choosing the right system for our home, came out with his drone and explained the best possible positions for our panels - which are placed very discreetly might I add. His team that installed the system were very polite, tidy and efficient. Would not hesitate to recommend these great guys.

Stress free Solar Installation

We are very pleased with all aspects of our Solar project. The staff of PTE Solar have been both very professional and courteous throughout the process and kept us fully informed on what was required, when it would happen and answering all our questions. Everything was fully explained to us from start to finish and we were kept informed throughout the process.

We could not be more pleased with everyone at PTE Solar and I have no hesitation in recommending them as the go to company for solar.

Excellent Service Allround!!

Couldn't recommend PTE Solar more. The customer service and communication from quote to installation was excellent. The after installation support is better then expected with every step explained clearly. Installation was completed ahead of schedule and the results greater then promised.
The after installation support and offer to assist in choosing the right energy company/plan was very helpful. They take pride in their work and it shows in everything they do.

Great Experience! Highly Recommended!

The sales/quote process was very thorough but not overwhelming and not a single pushy sales tactic, just good old fashioned customer service. Everything was explained really well, so by the end of the process there were no surprises. Installation went very well also. No property damage or mess left behind and they arrived on time and were very helpful in explaining everything. All through the process the team at PTE Solar answered all our questions and were very helpful. Would recommend them to all our friends & family!

Great customer service that went well beyond a perfect installation!!!

I am very glad to have chosen PTE Solar when I decided to get solar. The initial quotation process and installation was as professional as I would have hoped it to be. Personally, I cannot recommend PTE Solar highly enough if you are considering such an important prospect like solar. I'm very glad I did and so happy with the whole experience. Thank you Kiran, Patrick and Emily!

Great Installation and Customer Service!

From quote to installation the team at PTE Solar have been second to none, highly professional and very informative on all aspects of the process. Thanks to Kiran for the initial face to face and quote and to Patrick and team for the perfect installation. All in all a thoroughly great job by all and I am extremely happy that I chose this company and would not hesitate to recommend them for anyone seeking solar installation.

Professional, perfect install and amazing customer service!

Great product knowledge, customer service, quality and installation. Great to have company directors for installation and not random contractors. Multiple quotes from other companies offered discounts, but this was at the expense of quality. Thanks all for a job well done.

Absolutely Thrilled - Loving our new system !

PTE Solar were the third provider that we dealt with and it was an easy decision to choose them as our installers. They were outstanding in terms of customer service, they offered valuable advice and replied promptly with several modifications to panel layout, allowing us to find the balance we were after in terms of system efficiency and aesthetics. We are exposed to salt spray and wind and we were happy with the quality of the system in withstanding the elements. Patrick and his team did the install were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and worked efficiently. I will be recommending PTE Solar to anyone looking at solar.

One Happy Chappy! :)

From my initial email contact right through to the install, everything was smooth, efficient and happened just as
PTE Solar said it would...they instilled confidence immediately and were very impressive across all aspects of the team. They had knowledge, craftmanship and an obvious integrity about their business . Very Please with the outcome and would highly recommend them .
Cheers Adam

Perfect Customer Service and Installation!!

PTE Solar were fantastic and we can't recommend them highly enough. Professional in every way and went above and beyond our expectations. We are extremely happy with our solar system, which looks to be going to eliminate our electricity bills. The best part was no salesmen or sub-contractors! You deal directly with the company directors and they were helpful, knowledgeable and polite. Thank you PTE Solar for a great experience!

Fantastic Team, Very professional, fast and on time!

The sales process was extremely easy, they came to my property, quoted my job. The price was really good, so we then proceeded to book in the job. The job was booked in, they showed up on time, did the job the same day. No mess no issues every since! Very happy.

Fantastic Team And Highly Recommendable

Totally professional from start to finish could not have asked for better Customer Service. Even after installation still get follow up phones calls to ensure everything ok. Totally recommend PTE Solar no comparison to the other companies that were quoting me definitely best Solar Company in Syndey. Thankyou

Exemplary service and installation!

Form start to finish, PTE Solar have been nothing short of exceptional. We initially spoke with Kiran and he quoted based on my needs and provided options on system and placement of panels. Quote came in a timely manner and he answered any questions very quickly.

The day of the installation went smoothly, and it was such a pleasure to deal with Patrick and his team. The arrived on time, left the site clean and tidy and ensured everything was set-up and showed me how it all worked.

But the service did not end here, they did their post monitor follow up to ensure the system was performing efficiently and to see if we had any questions. Also, a special thanks to Emily, who looked after all the grid-metering connection for us and helped us with all our questions.

Thank you PTE Solar for a great experience - we will definitely be recommending you guys to our friends and family!

Hassle free and very professional

Finally a sales team who know what they are talking about. They know there product well and are using quality materials. Easy to deal with and quotes through quickly.
Installation team professional and very experienced.
If I were to ever install another system, I would definitely go straight back to these guys with no hesitation.

Seamless process from quotation to installation

The phone quotation process was well organised. Installation was prompt and with no fuss. Patrick was very helpful in setting up our solar application. The whole grid connection was also done by PTE, wish we done it sooner.

I would highly recommend to family and friends.

The guys PTE Solar were great. Kiran was most helpful and was happy discuss what my requirements were and made suggestions that I did not consider, even with me researching panels and batteries. He provided me multiple quotes for different panels that were on par or better than that what was quoted from different installers. What he quoted is what I paid and there was no surprises or additional costs.

With regards to the installation, Patrick and the team were great. They were prompt and ready to install at the agreed time. Even with the threat of wet weather. The system was installed and up and running in one day. Once done they cleared all rubbish they made.

Professional & helpful from start to finish

Kiran and Patrick were a delight to deal with. I asked for a couple of different quotes, and they were provided quickly and efficiently. The installation was difficult, with several roof facets, 2nd storey, and tiles that needed grinding so they would lie flat over the brackets. 3 guys got it done in one day, and left the property clean & tidy. Now I'm watching the data coming in (Enphase mini inverters) and loving it! Highly recommended.

Very happy customer

Extremely helpful from start to finish. Provided good advice and support. Very prompt follow up and updates. Provided mobile phone number straight to the GM! Happy to recommend to family and friends.

Perfect Installation, Excellent Customer Service, Honest Advice, Good Price

PTE Solar made the whole process fuss free and simple for us. Kiran answered all our queries and concerns, took time to come out on site and provided excellent customer service. Patrick and his team worked so efficiently on the day and were punctual and polite, ensuring the site was left spotless. It was nice to deal with the owners rather than salespeople. They organised grid connection and provided all the paperwork. We have already recommended PTE Solar to our friends and family.

Great installer

PTE Solar’s quoting process was very professional with informative discussions regard our needs. When we decided to go ahead our installation was scheduled quickly however the weather was against us. As soon as rain broke our installation was rescheduled and we were up and running promptly. They organised our grid connection and followed up that the system was meeting our expectations. Highly recommend PTE Solar and Electrical.

Excellent experience

We just got our system installed today and I cannot speak highly enough about PTE Solar. Right from the start they were responsive, open and helpful - and very patient with us as we went on a journey of discovery to work out what system was right for us. They were with us every step of the way.

Kiran, the General Manager, was brilliant in working with us to find the right solution, and Patrick and his team were punctual, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. The installation went smoothly and looks great.

I’m not a big one for reviews but I felt compelled to write this one as kudos to PTE - awesome job. Thank you for everything guys!

From start to finish, exceptional

The quote process was exhaustive. I had many questions, and made many amendments, but nothing was too much trouble. The final agreed configuration was one that I understood, and most closely met my multiple objectives. The installation was professionally managed, and precisely executed. From panel installation, through cabling, to the placement and configuring of the Inverters, everything was done with care and precision. The system was commissioned, the site fully tidied and cleaned, before the team finally departed.

What I found notable was that Patrick, Kiran and the rest of the team took responsibility for everything, from start to finish, nothing was left to me to sort out, there were no loose ends. Even unexpected events like the few roof tiles that cracked, or the weather that forced the installers off the roof for a while, everything was just 'handled'. PTE Solar took full responsibility for getting the job done, and they didn't leave the site until everything was complete, working, and tidy.

It is always enjoyable working with people who are complete experts in their field, who are polite and courteous, and who commit 100% to delivering what was promised. I would recommend this firm to anyone.

Great workmanship - Great service

As a Tradie Myself, As a knowledgeable person, and as a picky person as i am, I did quite the amount of research on the type of system that suits me, on top of that also the company, I browsed through solar quotes and came across a few company's, 1 of them which was PTE Solar. I visited there profile and loved to see the amount of 5 stars they have received, also reading through the comments and seeing what customers had said and though about them, which is a big plus for me. I also went onto there social media and had a look at there photos, from that point I was pretty much sold. There worked looked second to none, just the way I liked it.

I pretty much had the system I wanted , which was the system they seem to sell quite a bit off. ( SolarEdge / LG combo ). Pricing was very competitive , Kiran was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions I had written down. From the moment I accepted to go with them , the system was installed in just over a week. Patrick was on site 730am, and left at 230pm. The amount of care and quality the installation team put in on the day was amazing, I asked for all conduits to not be seen and run inside of the cavity, as hard as it was , as my house is multiple levels, they managed to get it done without a single piece of conduit showing. All tiles were grinded, all regulations were meet, all mess was cleaned up. Everything went as smooth and as was told. Patrick set me up for my SolarEdge application, and system is running perfect, application for the new smart meter has also been lodged by PTE, just waiting on the new smart meter to be installed. All in all, I am very thankful and delighted I had chosen to go with PTE and would highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking of installing a new solar system.

Michael Webb

Great Team

The whole experience was exceptional. Kiran was happy to provide all the answers and information I requested. Even when I asked for multiple quotes to help me make a decision.
The instal team were fantastic and very knowledgable. No fuss, they got straight down to business and started doing their thing. Patrick was professional and his high quality of work surpassed my expectations (even as fussy as I am).
I would highly recommend these guys to anyone considering a solar installation.