Smooth Current Electrical Pty Ltd

Smooth Current Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

Smooth Current Electrical & Solar is a family owned business that provide electrical services and specialise in solar installations, sales and design.

Reviewers report paying: $6,000 - $9,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Smooth Current Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (36)

Excellent job and great customer support

Jessie and his team installed my new solar panels last Friday and did an excellent job. Jessie talked me though the whole process and happily answered all questions before the installation. On the day the team was punctual and left everything neat and tidy.
Jessie helped me set up the cool Solar Edge App which I check throughout the day. He also followed up with me after the job was done :-)
Thanks Jessie and your team for taking care of the whole installation process.

Amazing team, great customer service!

Jessie and his amazing team has done a wonderful job. I’m truly impressed with Jessie’s customer service. He was super patient with the multiple phone calls/emails of questions, and explained everything so clearly. His team on site was polite, gentle, professional and efficient. The installation went smoothly and no mess was left behind. They even helped us with some small electrical jobs on the spot. Everything was completed in a professional manner. I highly recommend Smooth Current for their excellent customer service and competitive pricing.

These guys supply an A1 quality system that has exceeded my expectations.

Prompt quotation and these guys left a clean site with neat work! I would recommend these guys no problem!

Fantastic Installation! Quick, hassle free and great team!

Jessie and the team were fantastic, they came when they said they would and the installation looks great. They cleaned the site thoroughly on completion!

I now have really clear insight into my power consumption.

Original Review on 24-12-2020:

A smooth operation

The installation was carried out efficiently and very professionally. We were impressed by the whole team. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoffrey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 20-11-2020:

Highly Recommended

Prompt responses to my queries during the quoting process and multiple options provided. I selected them based on the quality of the system offered at a lower price than similar quotes and I am not disappointed. They arrived early on the morning of the installation, were friendly and explained how things would happen. A full day for three guys and the results are fantastic. I've been monitoring the results the morning after and I am really happy with the system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

one year on and the system is still performing brilliantly (despite bad weather and lack of sunlight to drive the system!). Very happy with the results.

Hassle free process

The process from beginning to end was handled very efficiently and professionally. Smooth Current handled all of the paper work and explained any issues we didn't understand.

The installation team arrived on time and were all very polite. The installation was handled without any problems arising and our property was left neat and tidy when finished.

Another happy customer

Very professional interaction. Helped me get the system that suited my needs. Installed on schedule. Did extra 'non-solar' electrical work which other solar installers wouldn't do (which was necessary for the install I preferred). Very honest - I accidentally over paid the invoice which they immediately identified and returned.

Quick and professional install

Jessie and team knew exactly what they were doing with clear communication throughout the process from quote through to completion. Jessie took his time to answer all of my questions. System up and running in a day. When the consumption monitor did not work first time round Tim was around the next day to solve the problem. Highly recommended.

52 x solar panels, 3 x batteries, 3 x inverters (3Φ supply) - all working perfectly...

The quotation process was well thought out, thorough and well-presented.

No shortcuts were taken - every facet of the job was done to a very high standard, and being a big job over several days, everything was left clean, neat and tidy before leaving each day.

Overall, the guys from 'Smooth Current' did an exceptional job - we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Highest possible recommendation! 10/10

Professional from start to finish.

Jessie and his team from Smooth Current were professional from start to finish. I wanted the solar panels on a particular north facing part of my roof where I could not see them from my garden or from the street.This may not have been the optimal location for maximum generation due to some winter shadowing from my neighbors, however I understood this and I did not want to my home to become a generator or an eyesore. I just wanted a system to reduce my electricity bills.
I had done some research, so I had four companies quote, like for like with panels and inverters. Three companies including Smooth Current offered an alternative panel option as well. Jessie attended my home and walked through the job with me. He herd what I wanted and explained how he could meet my expectations making the sales and quoting process personal and easy to understand.
Smooth Current Electrical are located locally on the Northern Beaches of Sydney and were not subbing the work out. This did influence my choice as there was a cheaper quote from an interstate based company.
The installation date was set to meet my calendar and Jessie and his crew were punctual, polite and professional through out. Everything went seamlessly.
Jessie kept me informed at every step of the process. He explained how to use the App to monitor my generation & usage and he organised the grid connection and metering for me.
I was able to access the roof and inspect the work. Every panel was aligned, the roof was clean and I could not see any of the panels from ground level. I am very happy with the workmanship and the service.
I will recommend Smooth Current Electrical to my friends and in fact anyone who asks about Solar.

Hi Kelvin, glad you are happy with ohr services!

Happy customer

Very prompt home visit and soon to follow quote.
Very informative. All inclusive price (our installation was a little complicated). Friendly and efficient installation.

The Professionals

Sales and quoting were very transparent.
The installation happened on the day it was booked. neat, tidy install. no messy wiring. Asthetics were always considered unless it was detrimental to optimal power generation.
No waffling, clear, concise customer service.questioned answered in an informative way.
extremely happy!

Excellent installation, great product. Very happy!

Jessie and team were fantastic to deal with. Great and prompt communication, good value for money and we are very happy with the system installed. Highly recommended.

Best installer on Sydney's Northern Beaches

The quotation process was simple and easy, they where the only one visiting the installation site, on the installation day they arrived for an early start, Troy and his installation team went straight to work replaced broken roof tiles where required, after the system was installed the monitoring, government documentation, and AGL requirements where completed in a few hours, the job was professionally completed, need and tidy, and you could see that there was a lot of experience in the Smooth Current and Solar team, Thanks Guys a very happy customer

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Smooth Current Electrical Solar install

From the start I was impressed with how these guys present themselves. No sales just informative and skilled at what they do. The team arrived on time and the installation was completed in under half a day with no mess left to tidy up afterwards. Jessie and Troy are both excellent communicators and really know Solar.

The system has been up and running for a week or so now and is performing perfectly. The all round service from the team was spot on. I would highly recommend Smooth Current Electrical to anyone considering solar.

Superb Service from start to finish

When we were first looking at Solar it was pretty daunting and you're never sure what advice is accurate, sponsored or biased. Finn @ SolarQuotes was very very helpful in connecting us with 3 great Northern Beaches, Sydney based providers and providing unbiased advice. All 3 provided good assistance in the initial stages. We eventually ended up choosing to go with Smooth Current Electrical & Solar and had an awesome experience.
We were lucky enough to come across Jessie and Troy at Smooth Current Electrical & Solar and can’t recommend these guys enough. From initial contact, Jessie came to see us at very short notice on the day I first contacted him. Walked us through different options and from the outset explained why they recommend certain products and not others. Quotation and any questions were very easily and quickly responded to and that put us at ease that we were making the right investment for the longterm with some of the best panels (SunPower) and inverter ( SolarEdge Technologies Inc.) on the market, with long warranties. Installation day was like a military operation with everything smoothly scheduled and no disruption to the household. The guys asked us about any particular detail on the day, left no sign they’d even been there and talked us through what we needed to do to get going with our new system. If you’re thinking of solar, you need to talk to either Jessie or Troy and you’ll get the very best product and service from Smooth Current Electrical & Solar. We cant recommend them highly enough. Thanks again boys.

Fantastic service and installation. Smooth process.

Jessie was extremely helpful throughout the planning/quoting stage and he and his team were exceptional on installation day. Very efficient, clean and tidy operation. Highly recommended solar provider.
A local supplier with a really honest and knowledgeable approach. After-sales service great to date. Thank you Jessie and team.

Well orgnaised, well equipped and knowledgable - an excellent installation team

The sales and quoting process was handled professionally and promptly. All my concerns were addressed and my questions answered.

The installation went extremely well. The team arrived on time and witihn 5 hours I was producing power. The team was very well organised and equipped and everything was cleaned and tidied up upon completion.

The customer service was excellent. Within an hour or two of the installtion being completed I was able to monitor the performance of my system on my desktop computer and on my mobile phone. Within 24 hours the application to swap out my meter was lodged with my energy provider.

I will be recommending this company to friends and colleagues - it does not come any better.

Helpful knowledgeable no hassle installer

The installation was on a retirement villa. There was no problems with the comprehensive quote. The installation was done on time. The connection to the grid was organized by them though it is not complete yet as a new meter needs installation. The complete job was left in a clean and tidy state.

Professional outfit and quality work

Jessie and Troy were great to deal with when I installed my solar system. They run a professional setup, and their work is quality. Both Jessie and Troy are hands on in all aspects of the business, from quoting through to installation. You won't be paying for the overheads of one of the larger solar chains, and you'll get a system designed and quoted to your needs by the guys that know the best way to install it. I found them punctual and polite, and I'm happy I got put in touch with them.

Decent price and good quality of solar panels.

Jessie gave us a good price for 6.6kw solar panels with 5kw inverter. The installation took only a few hours and they helped organise the smart meter connection after the install.

We are happy with their price and service so I would recommend anyone who are looking for solar panels installation near northern beach area.

Great to deal with. Quick and smart installation

Very knowledgeable when quoting. Installation was thorough, no fuss, clean and tidy. highly recommended

Unreal Experience

My experience with Jessie and the team was awesome. From sales to installation everything was explained and there were no surprises. Jessie showed me through the application on my phone and advised changing my pool pump to come on during the day instead of off peak to maximise my self consumption.

Great Company!!

Can't fault them at all

Excellent dealing with Jessie from day 1.
Understood our aims, right system at proper price: 14kW and 3 phase inverter installed cleanly in 1 day with all wiring in cavity and no mess or off-cuts let behind.
Web portal set-up and working on the day of install and the system cranked out 78kW on ts first day in early September.
Best contractor I've ever dealt with!
Cheers, Andrew

Good advice

After getting three quotes, the tipping point in choosing Smooth Current was the good advice re a battery.
Knowing that a battery is not cost effective for me, I asked all three for their opinion and advice on this.
Jessie, from Smooth Current, was the only one who suggested extra panels to offset night time usage (which is what a battery is for) instead of a battery.
So instead of a 5kw system, which everyone suggests, I have a 10kw system (QCells). I earn twice as much for exported electricity, and the extra panels are far cheaper than a $12,000 battery. The panels will last up to 25 years, the battery only 10 years.
Jessie was very patient with my questions and seemed to understand that this is a steep learning curve for some of us.
The instalment was quick and clean. I love the app that come with it and I have not found a downside to my decision.

Amazing service and great outcome

Amazing process from quote to installation to post install! Thank you Troy and the team

Great Guys, Excellent Service, worked in well with other trades re install

Excellent Work, Great Customer service, kept us informed at each step of the process.
Nice tidy Install and worked in well with other trades on site
Highly Recommenced

Fantastic installer

Jessie was very patient and informative regarding solar options with us. The installation was done efficiently. We are very happy with the result.

A very happy customer

After much research and getting quoted from several installers I am very please to have had Troy and the team at Smooth Current Electrical install our system.
The quote we received from Troy was very competitive and for me was the sweet spot of quality products and a trusted local installer.
After a slight weather hiccup on the first scheduled installation day the install went without a problem. Nothing to tidy up afterwards and Troy and team were extremely professional. He's also been very helpful with any questions we had.

The system has been performing as expected and the Solar Edge monitoring app is amazing, especially if you like to geek out on data!

I'd have no problem recommending Smooth Current Electrical to anyone.

Superb experience

Whole process was outstanding. Every aspect exceeded expectations. I hope customer service remains the same in the future.

Trustworthy, friendly, competitive

A pleasant experience from start to finish. Troy was never pushy but knowledgeable and understanding. At first I thought the quote was one of the higher ones, but after digging deeper into the cheaper alternatives it was clearly worth paying a bit more for a local company who do their own installations and stand by the kit they sell.

Too early to comment on reliability but I know if I have a problem the company will be on hand to help.

Great experience from quote to installation.

Troy was always prompt and courteous. He assisted greatly with options and the pros and cons of each. The installation team on the day were very professional. Everything went without a hitch and Troy has been in touch a few times since to make sure everything is working smoothly and if I had any questions.

Overall great service from an experienced and professional team.

Quality Service

Jessie came to our house straight away to see the space for himself, followed up with a straight forward but factual quote. The price was very competitive and he answered questions promptly, including providing credible referees, who were glowing in their praise.

Once we accepted his quote his communications were clear and prompt, he turned up on time with his team and worked very efficiently, without prompting he kept everything out of sight, cleaned everything up and took away rubbish. There was no damage to plants or other parts of the house, good job.

He explained the operations clearly and was very efficient providing the required paperwork and directions on what to do with it.

My neighbour is using Jessie to install his solar panels today.

Great Business

Smooth Current Electrical and Solar have installed a new solar system for us. We were very impressed with their workmanship & professionalism. Jessie and his team were committed to providing the best service from our initial consultations right through to installation and follow up support. Jessie is very knowledgeable on his business and very happy to answer any questions and explain the workings. His team are skilled friendly tradesmen who take pride in their work. They carried out all quoted work and cleaned up on completion. We would highly recommended Jessie and his business.

Professional and Great to deal with

Troy quoted within 24hrs of my enquiry. The installation was seamless and professional. Troy, Jessie and their team were punctual, polite, tidy and friendly. Assisted with any queries I had.
Their customer service was fantastic. Helped me with the ap to monitor my solar usage and advised on the process to convert my electricity meter to a smart meter. Pity Energy Australia have still not installed this!!

I would highly recommend this company as other companies who quoted (one only over the phone) did not even bother to follow up on their quote, whereas SCE Solar followed up at every stage from quoting to installation date etc.

Great work guys and Thanks.