Smooth Current Electrical Pty Ltd

Smooth Current Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

Smooth Current Electrical & Solar is a family owned business that provide electrical services and specialise in solar installations, sales and design.

Reviewers report paying: $7,800 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Smooth Current Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (59)

Solar Design & Installation SPECIALISTS - [ A REAL RARE FINDING IN THIS SPACE]

Regarding my Solar journey!

I began approximately 7 months ago.

I called and spoke to many Providers who were either displayed high pressure sales tactics, phones maned by staff who couldn't speak clear and concise English, poor product knowledge and prices given without a site inspection.
It seemed that I always was trying to be sold a $2,999.00 system which most of the focus on the price only - we know where this would lead you??.

As I would not commit to the above type of sales tactics for my time my number would be given out and I would receive dozens of prank spam calls.

The above gives the Solar Industry a terrible Reputation!
I became frustrated as to who could I turn to so that I would be given good advice without sales like tactics and someone who would attend site prior to giving me a fixed quotation.

By accident an Instagram advert popped up for Smooth Current Electrical. I looked further into them only because they were licensed Electricians.

I called Smooth Current And spoke to Jessie one of the Owners.
Right from the outset I experienced everything I was hoping for being;
1. Great product knowledge.
2. Good fair pricing.
3. Offering of high quality/high end products.
4. Site inspection as part of the quotation process.
5. Accurate fixed pricing.
6. WHAT THE OTHERS DO NOT DO - Company Owners the step you through the process, design the system for your needs and install the system. You only deal with one person, no other company in this field offers this where the Directors of the company install your system!!
7. Communication second to none. Always takes your calls and replies to emails. Such a shock given what I am generally subjected with Contractors and Suppliers.

I ended up committing to Smooth Current and my system has been installed.

I was amazed on the day 5 men appeared - all gentlemen and professional - on site at around 7.0am and finished at 6.0pm. It was a well planned/synchonized installation event from the outset.

Every trade hade their job and went about doing their part without delay and every aspect of the install was done leaving me a clean installing with no exposed unsightly conduits/cables exposed.

Jessie and Troy the business owners took control and were focused on the more intricate system issues.
On completion the site was cleaned and a thorough explanation was given.

I am so happy with my decision and the service given by SOOTH CURRENT ELECTRICAL.

I thoroughly recommend SMOOTH CURRENT ELECTRICAL AND SOLAR for anyone considering installing a solar system. You will be in professional hands from the outset and "NOT" disappointed!!!

Great team and install

Great service and install by Troy and the team. There was never an issue, and kudos to Troy for his patience in answering all my naive solar questions at the beginning. The install went very smoothly and the team did a great job. Would not hesitate to recommend. Now I just need to save up for a battery!

Top quality service!

Smooth Current did a fantastic job from providing a very comprehensive quote and helping with choosing the optimal system for my property to the actual install. I liked the fact you deal with the same team from the quote to the install ie no annoying sales people or subcontractors.

The installation was quick and very clean. The team are very professional, punctual and polite.

Also got some great tips on how to get top $$ savings from my new system.

Very happy with the end product and definitely recommend going with Smooth Current.

Smooth is a great way to describe the whole process. And very happy with the result.

Jessie and Smooth Current were professional, clear in their communications and easy to work with.
The installation was timely and looks great.
Handover documentation arrived immediately after the job.
We could not be happier.

Professional and top-level workmanship, and excellent value for money. As good as it gets. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Troy and Jessie for either a small residential or large commercial job.

Installation is flawless. I've used their work as a benchmark for other installations and have even subcontracted Smooth Current Electrical for quality assurance inspections of other solar projects.

Comms are excellent and they always answer the phone or text you if they're on a call and then call back.

Professional Installer, Neat Installation

The tender submission was very well presented and included all the information requested for in the required format. Additional information requested for was provided in a timely manner.
The transfer of the equipment to the roof top was very professionally done and without any delay or damage. All documentation requested for (Risk Assessments, Work Method Statements were accurate and clearly articulated the necessary details. The installation was completed to program and all rubbish was removed from site soon after. We did not have any reason to complain or fault the installation. Minor defects noted were rectified immediately.
Customer Service and communications was excellent and we were provided with regular updates including pictures of the installation progress on a daily basis. The connection to the network was seamless and well managed by SCE.
Dealing with Troy was an absolute pleasure and nothing requested for was ever to hard to deliver. They are a great service provider and I have no hesitation with recommending them to any industry peers looking for a professional solar installer.
My personal thanks to Troy and his team on a job well done.

Smooth Current Electrical and Solar

Dear Troy, thank you to you and your team for our seamless Solar and Tesla Battery install.

From start to finish, our transition to solar through SCE and Solar was smooth and efficient.

We appreciate that you took time to address all of our questions thoroughly and provided a comprehensive, all-inclusive and transparent quote with no surprises.

Your entire team was professional and friendly throughout, and the quality of the final installation (on what we consider a difficult site), is simply exceptional.

Even unexpected issues with our existing fuse box that were identified at the time of installing the Tesla battery backup circuits were remedied with confidence and expertise.

We have already referred one of our friends to you and are happy to recommend, without reservation, Smooth Current Electrical and Solar (scesolar.com.au) for any family on the Northern Beaches (or beyond) considering a high quality large solar installation for their home.

Top shelf!

Jessie was great to work with from the moment I called him up to enquire about a solar system. He came to my house to do a site inspection and provided me with loads of information. The quote was comparable with other solar installers in my area, however Jessie's attention to detail and responsiveness if what won Smooth Current Electrical my business in the end.

Jessie and his team (Tim and Mitch) arrived to my house on the install day about 5 minutes early and were straight in to it. They were friendly and did a great job of cleaning up after they were done. Once the install was done, Jessie spent some time explaining what everything did, how it worked (including the iPhone app), and what would happen next in terms of warranty etc.

All in all, I'd highly recommend Jessie and the Smooth Current Electrical team.

Good people to deal with

Even though the terrible weather impacted on the installation and delayed it quite a bit, Jessie and the team did everything they could while they couldn't go on the roof - the inverter and all the wiring in the house.

Jessie kept us advised of all developments along the way and has helped with our questions about the system and the app. Always dealing with one contact on a big project makes a huge difference, probably underestimated in terms of Customer Service but not by Jessie and Smooth Current.

Great Service

The quote was very quick and easy, also provided all of the detail needed. I asked for a few specific options and the quote was tailored to what I was looking for.

The installation was delayed due to the floods we had in Sydney in March 2022. Jesse was communicative to advise of the new dates given the delays. On the day the team were very helpful and showed me through how the system worked. They were respectful of neighbours and were careful of the garden and areas they were working in. Before drilling into any walls to pass cables through they checked with me to make sure they were putting things in the right places. The system looks great and is already producing plenty of power.

Grid connection was organised and as I already had a smart meter installed went through within 12 hours after the installation.

Professional team and quality install.

Troy was very professional. I was particularly impressed with the following:
1. Troy both came out for the quotes, and was leading the install team. I liked that it wasn't a separate salesperson who completed the quotes.

2. Despite lots of bad weather in the lead up to the install, the install was only delayed by one day, and the battery install was actually ahead of schedule.

3. The whole install team were polite and clean - there was no fuss on the day.

Everything was up and working quickly. Thank you for the work!

Highly Recommend Smooth Current Electrical

I contacted 4 installers for quotes and in the end it was an easy decision to go with Smooth Current Electrical. Jessie, Troy and the team were great to deal with. Their recommendation for the location of the inverters and battery made the most sense. I am very happy with the workmanship and the way they work together as a team. Overall a very good experience and I highly recommend them.

Couldn’t ask for a better service

I found these guys through Solar Quotes. They were the first of the three to respond and maintain contact with us. Had a site meeting where they explained the process on our brand new home and answered all my questions in a polite and very professional manner.

At all times throughout the quote, order, install and invoicing steps there was clear , on time communication. The installation team was epic and did the bulk of it in one day. I was particularly happy with their wiring routing and installation. They went to great lengths to make the installation successfully blend in to the new house.

We elected to go for a higher end system and the ease of doing business and professional conduct of the Smooth Current Electrical team provided us with exceptional “personal hands off” value. (BTW … love the graphics package and the fact that we are sending electricity back to the grid)

Looks great!

Sales / quote process was to the point and smooth.
Very punctual on the installation day. Place was neat and tidy post installation.
Very good customer service experience. Jessie came to the property the next day to explain me what each switch and circuit was for.
Very happy with everything and highly recommend Smooth Current Electrical.

100% Satisfied

Using the Solarquotes site we got 3 quotes. Of which Smooth Current was the cheapest and most detailed.. Not satisfied the wife got them back to ask about bits and bobs which Jesse was only too happy to answer. Then I got a know it all friend of mine to quiz and probe them all over again only to have him highly recommend them.

Our installation was smooth and exactly on time. One month on we are so glad we went with this company. As a footnote I want to mention how Covid aware their team was, how nicely and harmoniously they worked together and how nicely Jesse speaks and deals with his team members.

We highly recommend Smooth Current.

Excellent Service, Great Value and Outstanding Follow Up Support

Jessie from Smooth Current Solar was great, he was responsive and provided an informative and detailed quote after visiting my property. He was open to any questions I had on the inverter, number of panels etc.

On the day of install his crew were on time, ready to go and worked quickly and efficiently. They were done and dusted by 2pm and other than the savings I was making immediately on power you wouldn't have known they were there.

Customer service post install has been great, when there was an issue with the install of the smart meter (not enough space), Jessie offered to come and sort the problem immediately at no extra cost. I would highly recommend Smooth Current Solar to anyone on Sydney's Northern Beaches (Local) or across Sydney.

Professional job

From the moment of first contact, these guys have been great! Turning up exactly when they say they will. The job was completed professionally. The whole team was polite and respectful to me and my home. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Smooth Solar

The sales process was very detailed and I felt comfortable with the representative.
The installation was rain interuped unfortunately but the tradesmen retained next day to finish the job.
The connection to the grid was handled seamlessly.

Excellent job, awesome service, responsive, great installation

Very impressed with advice, service, installation and after care.

Would definitely recommend.

Efficient, reliable, generous truthful Installer

Jessie was always helpful, accurate and always willing to clarify any questions I had
Smooth Current Electrical came when they said they would, did not disrupt our day to day operations and always left the job tidy and with any explanations that needed to be given.
They made it a very easy process from start to finish and came back to fix up an issue we were having with a previous Solar system that was interrupting the new systems operation

Additional panels installed

Business owner Jessie and team provided a fast, tidy and efficient service, from quoting to installation. Installed additional 1.5kW panels to existing 2year old 5kW system after original installer (Solarpro) wasn’t interested due to the type of roof tiles (shingle). Happy with overall results.

Amazing company, extremely high quality and exceptional service.

The installation went perfectly from start to finish. Jessie and Troy from SCE came to my house and explained everything in detail, providing me with very good knowledge of solar. After the installation Jessie set me up on the Solaredge monitoring and guided me through how it all works. I couldn't recommend these guys highly enough. Fantastic team!

Great Installation

Jessie and his team from Smooth Current Electrical did a fantastic job. They turned up on time and went about the installation professionally. Jessie kept me informed as the installation progressed and any issues were quickly resolved. The installation required access to the roof space which was from the upper story which was occupied by a tenant. The team were able to do this with minimal disturbance to the tenants. On completion Jessie showed me how to download and access the app which allows me to monitor solar production and usage etc. I am extremely pleased with the installation they left no mess and look forward to reduced electricity bills in the years to come. Definitely would recommend Smooth Current Electrical to anyone wanting to install a solar system.

Excellent job and great customer support

Jessie and his team installed my new solar panels last Friday and did an excellent job. Jessie talked me though the whole process and happily answered all questions before the installation. On the day the team was punctual and left everything neat and tidy.
Jessie helped me set up the cool Solar Edge App which I check throughout the day. He also followed up with me after the job was done :-)
Thanks Jessie and your team for taking care of the whole installation process.

Amazing team, great customer service!

Jessie and his amazing team has done a wonderful job. I’m truly impressed with Jessie’s customer service. He was super patient with the multiple phone calls/emails of questions, and explained everything so clearly. His team on site was polite, gentle, professional and efficient. The installation went smoothly and no mess was left behind. They even helped us with some small electrical jobs on the spot. Everything was completed in a professional manner. I highly recommend Smooth Current for their excellent customer service and competitive pricing.

These guys supply an A1 quality system that has exceeded my expectations.

Prompt quotation and these guys left a clean site with neat work! I would recommend these guys no problem!

Fantastic Installation! Quick, hassle free and great team!

Jessie and the team were fantastic, they came when they said they would and the installation looks great. They cleaned the site thoroughly on completion!

I now have really clear insight into my power consumption.

Original Review on 24-12-2020:

A smooth operation

The installation was carried out efficiently and very professionally. We were impressed by the whole team. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Geoffrey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 20-11-2020:

Highly Recommended

Prompt responses to my queries during the quoting process and multiple options provided. I selected them based on the quality of the system offered at a lower price than similar quotes and I am not disappointed. They arrived early on the morning of the installation, were friendly and explained how things would happen. A full day for three guys and the results are fantastic. I've been monitoring the results the morning after and I am really happy with the system. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

one year on and the system is still performing brilliantly (despite bad weather and lack of sunlight to drive the system!). Very happy with the results.

Hassle free process

The process from beginning to end was handled very efficiently and professionally. Smooth Current handled all of the paper work and explained any issues we didn't understand.

The installation team arrived on time and were all very polite. The installation was handled without any problems arising and our property was left neat and tidy when finished.

Another happy customer

Very professional interaction. Helped me get the system that suited my needs. Installed on schedule. Did extra 'non-solar' electrical work which other solar installers wouldn't do (which was necessary for the install I preferred). Very honest - I accidentally over paid the invoice which they immediately identified and returned.

Quick and professional install

Jessie and team knew exactly what they were doing with clear communication throughout the process from quote through to completion. Jessie took his time to answer all of my questions. System up and running in a day. When the consumption monitor did not work first time round Tim was around the next day to solve the problem. Highly recommended.

52 x solar panels, 3 x batteries, 3 x inverters (3Φ supply) - all working perfectly...

The quotation process was well thought out, thorough and well-presented.

No shortcuts were taken - every facet of the job was done to a very high standard, and being a big job over several days, everything was left clean, neat and tidy before leaving each day.

Overall, the guys from 'Smooth Current' did an exceptional job - we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Highest possible recommendation! 10/10

Professional from start to finish.

Jessie and his team from Smooth Current were professional from start to finish. I wanted the solar panels on a particular north facing part of my roof where I could not see them from my garden or from the street.This may not have been the optimal location for maximum generation due to some winter shadowing from my neighbors, however I understood this and I did not want to my home to become a generator or an eyesore. I just wanted a system to reduce my electricity bills.
I had done some research, so I had four companies quote, like for like with panels and inverters. Three companies including Smooth Current offered an alternative panel option as well. Jessie attended my home and walked through the job with me. He herd what I wanted and explained how he could meet my expectations making the sales and quoting process personal and easy to understand.
Smooth Current Electrical are located locally on the Northern Beaches of Sydney and were not subbing the work out. This did influence my choice as there was a cheaper quote from an interstate based company.
The installation date was set to meet my calendar and Jessie and his crew were punctual, polite and professional through out. Everything went seamlessly.
Jessie kept me informed at every step of the process. He explained how to use the App to monitor my generation & usage and he organised the grid connection and metering for me.
I was able to access the roof and inspect the work. Every panel was aligned, the roof was clean and I could not see any of the panels from ground level. I am very happy with the workmanship and the service.
I will recommend Smooth Current Electrical to my friends and in fact anyone who asks about Solar.

Hi Kelvin, glad you are happy with ohr services!

Happy customer

Very prompt home visit and soon to follow quote.
Very informative. All inclusive price (our installation was a little complicated). Friendly and efficient installation.

The Professionals

Sales and quoting were very transparent.
The installation happened on the day it was booked. neat, tidy install. no messy wiring. Asthetics were always considered unless it was detrimental to optimal power generation.
No waffling, clear, concise customer service.questioned answered in an informative way.
extremely happy!

Excellent installation, great product. Very happy!

Jessie and team were fantastic to deal with. Great and prompt communication, good value for money and we are very happy with the system installed. Highly recommended.

Best installer on Sydney's Northern Beaches

The quotation process was simple and easy, they where the only one visiting the installation site, on the installation day they arrived for an early start, Troy and his installation team went straight to work replaced broken roof tiles where required, after the system was installed the monitoring, government documentation, and AGL requirements where completed in a few hours, the job was professionally completed, need and tidy, and you could see that there was a lot of experience in the Smooth Current and Solar team, Thanks Guys a very happy customer

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Smooth Current Electrical Solar install

From the start I was impressed with how these guys present themselves. No sales just informative and skilled at what they do. The team arrived on time and the installation was completed in under half a day with no mess left to tidy up afterwards. Jessie and Troy are both excellent communicators and really know Solar.

The system has been up and running for a week or so now and is performing perfectly. The all round service from the team was spot on. I would highly recommend Smooth Current Electrical to anyone considering solar.

Superb Service from start to finish

When we were first looking at Solar it was pretty daunting and you're never sure what advice is accurate, sponsored or biased. Finn @ SolarQuotes was very very helpful in connecting us with 3 great Northern Beaches, Sydney based providers and providing unbiased advice. All 3 provided good assistance in the initial stages. We eventually ended up choosing to go with Smooth Current Electrical & Solar and had an awesome experience.
We were lucky enough to come across Jessie and Troy at Smooth Current Electrical & Solar and can’t recommend these guys enough. From initial contact, Jessie came to see us at very short notice on the day I first contacted him. Walked us through different options and from the outset explained why they recommend certain products and not others. Quotation and any questions were very easily and quickly responded to and that put us at ease that we were making the right investment for the longterm with some of the best panels (SunPower) and inverter ( SolarEdge Technologies Inc.) on the market, with long warranties. Installation day was like a military operation with everything smoothly scheduled and no disruption to the household. The guys asked us about any particular detail on the day, left no sign they’d even been there and talked us through what we needed to do to get going with our new system. If you’re thinking of solar, you need to talk to either Jessie or Troy and you’ll get the very best product and service from Smooth Current Electrical & Solar. We cant recommend them highly enough. Thanks again boys.

Fantastic service and installation. Smooth process.

Jessie was extremely helpful throughout the planning/quoting stage and he and his team were exceptional on installation day. Very efficient, clean and tidy operation. Highly recommended solar provider.
A local supplier with a really honest and knowledgeable approach. After-sales service great to date. Thank you Jessie and team.

Well orgnaised, well equipped and knowledgable - an excellent installation team

The sales and quoting process was handled professionally and promptly. All my concerns were addressed and my questions answered.

The installation went extremely well. The team arrived on time and witihn 5 hours I was producing power. The team was very well organised and equipped and everything was cleaned and tidied up upon completion.

The customer service was excellent. Within an hour or two of the installtion being completed I was able to monitor the performance of my system on my desktop computer and on my mobile phone. Within 24 hours the application to swap out my meter was lodged with my energy provider.

I will be recommending this company to friends and colleagues - it does not come any better.

Helpful knowledgeable no hassle installer

The installation was on a retirement villa. There was no problems with the comprehensive quote. The installation was done on time. The connection to the grid was organized by them though it is not complete yet as a new meter needs installation. The complete job was left in a clean and tidy state.

Professional outfit and quality work

Jessie and Troy were great to deal with when I installed my solar system. They run a professional setup, and their work is quality. Both Jessie and Troy are hands on in all aspects of the business, from quoting through to installation. You won't be paying for the overheads of one of the larger solar chains, and you'll get a system designed and quoted to your needs by the guys that know the best way to install it. I found them punctual and polite, and I'm happy I got put in touch with them.

Decent price and good quality of solar panels.

Jessie gave us a good price for 6.6kw solar panels with 5kw inverter. The installation took only a few hours and they helped organise the smart meter connection after the install.

We are happy with their price and service so I would recommend anyone who are looking for solar panels installation near northern beach area.

Great to deal with. Quick and smart installation

Very knowledgeable when quoting. Installation was thorough, no fuss, clean and tidy. highly recommended

Unreal Experience

My experience with Jessie and the team was awesome. From sales to installation everything was explained and there were no surprises. Jessie showed me through the application on my phone and advised changing my pool pump to come on during the day instead of off peak to maximise my self consumption.

Great Company!!

Can't fault them at all

Excellent dealing with Jessie from day 1.
Understood our aims, right system at proper price: 14kW and 3 phase inverter installed cleanly in 1 day with all wiring in cavity and no mess or off-cuts let behind.
Web portal set-up and working on the day of install and the system cranked out 78kW on ts first day in early September.
Best contractor I've ever dealt with!
Cheers, Andrew

Good advice

After getting three quotes, the tipping point in choosing Smooth Current was the good advice re a battery.
Knowing that a battery is not cost effective for me, I asked all three for their opinion and advice on this.
Jessie, from Smooth Current, was the only one who suggested extra panels to offset night time usage (which is what a battery is for) instead of a battery.
So instead of a 5kw system, which everyone suggests, I have a 10kw system (QCells). I earn twice as much for exported electricity, and the extra panels are far cheaper than a $12,000 battery. The panels will last up to 25 years, the battery only 10 years.
Jessie was very patient with my questions and seemed to understand that this is a steep learning curve for some of us.
The instalment was quick and clean. I love the app that come with it and I have not found a downside to my decision.