Solar Tactics Pty Ltd

Solar Tactics Pty Ltd Reviews

Solar Tactics is your Family owned and operated  Solar PV System installer. Solar Tactics services the Melbourne Southern Region which includes: Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston, Frankston & Mornington Peninsula.

Solar Tactics will specifically Plan, Design and Connect a system to your home or business, tailored to your requirements. We use state-of-the-art software to develop our proposal to benefit our customers in receiving a system that suits their particular needs and provides a positive payback period.

We are a solar retailer and use CEC accredited installers. Our CEC accredited installers are also Master Electricians and Clean Energy Council members and being part of these organisations keeps us up to date with industry standards & regulations.

Reviewers report paying: $2,400 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Tactics Pty Ltd Reviews (141)

Solar Tactics are awesome

Great experience with solar tactics. From the initial quote, Jason took on board my requested changes and came back with a fantastic proposal. He then kept me in the loop with the vic rebate process and installation timeframes. With the Vic lockdowns, he still kept me updated and offered options for installation dates. On install day, the team arrived on time and made great suggestions on inverter placement and location of conduits. They could have taken the easy way out and installed the inverter/cabling close to the meter box. But they took the extra time and work to put it in my garage and run the cables through multiple roof access points. Even took the trouble to run the main ac cable to my meter box in my interior brick work where other sparkies had previously said it was too hard. Definitely recommend this team and will let everyone I know who are looking for solar to give them a shout.

Excellent job

After reading multiple reviews from Solar quotes and having three quotes, I chose Solar Tactics.
They were competitively priced and Alan was responsive and prompt to answer my (sometimes silly) questions without any hard sell.
Dennison and the team arrived on time, were friendly and left the place spic and span.
Peregrina also made the grid connection process very smooth ,informing of the likely timelines and doing the required paperwork. As a result, this was quicker and less arduous than I had anticipated.
After 3 months, things are working smoothly and no leaks, broken tiles or inverter breakdowns!
All in all, this was a seamless process at every step. and I am very satisfied with the final result.
I have no hesitation recommending Solar tactics for a solar installation. (I have already!)

Great price and service

Quoting was easy factual and they were very responsive to queries. We decided to go with a battery system and the whole system was installed quickly within 2 weeks of acceptance of quote. The installers were friendly, professional and we were thrilled with the finished product. They also took care of all the paperwork so can highly recommend them

Best installer in Melbourne!

Thanks Alan and Dennison for all your efforts on our solar system. From the initial call to installation, they had so much patience with me as i wanted a specific system after doing my research. Highly accommodating on my requests and didnt bat an eyelid unlike some other solar companies that tried to sell me something else.

I'd give them 10 stars if i could for the following reasons;
1. Competitively priced.
2. Didnt keep following me up on sales calls to close the sale.
3. Highly meticulous on the install and accommodated my requests.
4. Super responsive on all my emails and calls.
5. Take pride in their work and super honest.
6. Local family run business, they have their own installers and stand by their work.
7. Great aftersales service, i had some issues with reporting on my inverter (not their fault - manufacturers) and they were right onto it and resolved it next business day.
8. Great work ethic, they literally put their customer first. There was some personal issues that the installer was dealing with but still wanted to finish the job in the time frame they promised.
9. Quality of install as you can see on the other reviews.
10. Super tidy, they cleaned up everything throughout the day unlike some other trades!
11. Went out of their way to replace a broken tile for me!

I don't normally write reviews or recommend trades but i always refer this company to my friends given the experience i received from Solar Tactics.

Looking forward to dealing with you again in the future.

Great system. Even better installation team and support

From start to finish, Solar Tactics were fantastic. Proving quotes and explaining options regarding different systems.

The installation team were clean, tidy & professional.

Couldn't be happier with the solar system installed and service provided.

Fantastic job!!

Happy customer from quotation to installation. Thank you Alan and Dennison's team.

Great team

I would highly recommend the team at Solar Tactics. The made the rather stressful process of selecting the invertor and amount of panel required easy. The quoting and sales process was easy and well-priced too.

Prompt arrived on time for installation, fixed the roof and was super easy to work with.
Had a good and easy communication line with the team.
Also helped with organising the rebate process and post installation checks required.

Everything went well even the rain stayed away

We were referred to Solar Tactics by a friend who said they went over and above what they had to do so that sold it to me straight away. Alan was very informative and easy to deal with. Once our rebate part was approved it was installed very quickly and inspected within days of installation which was fantastic. After the inspection Ausnet came out within about a week or two alter our meter to connect to the grid. Everything ran smoothly and I would highly recommend Solar Tactics to anyone who is looking for a quality and reliable installer.

Nothing but praise for Solar Tactics

Solar Tactics were the first to get in touch after submitting through SolarQuotes. Their quote was well detailed and pricing was great.
There was no pushiness and we took our time to evaluate all the quotes we received.
Based mostly on reputation from SolarQuotes we elected to go with Solar Tactics, and this is where Alan really exceeded our expectations. Communication was excellent, thorough, yet casual.

Installation day came, and Dennison and the guys again surpassed our expectations right from the beginning. Everyone was extremely courteous and mindful of our property. They answered all our questions with genuine thoughtful answers, and were able to work out a solution for a minor issue without any fuss.

A few previously repaired tiles were relocated from under the panels location to a spot much easier for me to get to as we had no spares, and they even added some flashing to be extra safe.
The attention to detail on the install is second to none. Silicone in all the right spots, perfect labeling, and the correct fixings everywhere.

We have already recommend Solar Tactics to others for their professionalism and courtesy, and will continue to do so.

Well done Solar Tactics!

Great Service

Need a Solar System for your home? call them.
highly recommended, great price for the quality, excellent customer care. I was worried about my old roof, but they work as an "elite".. quick and clean :) beautifully installed

Professional, knowledgable, friendly, efficient.

We had our solar system designed and installed by Solar Tactics, and we found them to be exceptional throughout the whole process. Dennison was especially helpful when we were trying to decide which company to go with in this flooded, competitive market, sharing his knowledge and advice without being pushy in any way. The price was good, the installation work was neat and efficient, and the guys were friendly and professional throughout. We highly recommend them!

Absolutely fantastic

Alan, Dennison and the team were excellent to deal with. Alan gave an accurate and affordable quote with a realistic timeline for install. Dennison and his team arrived on time and worked quickly to get my system installed, they explained to me in detail how the system worked and what to look out for. They were extremely friendly with great customer service and I would highly recommend them.

Great experience from beginning to end

Alan and the team at Solar Tactics were so easy to deal with and helpful along the way. We had the interruption of Covid during our process but were kept informed all the way through to make sure we know when our installation could proceed. The actual installation went so smoothly on our two story house that you couldn't tell they were even here. everything left perfectly clean and the rood looks great with the panels installed. We were led through the entire process, right to the end by Alan (and Peregrina) and are very thankful for their hard work. 5 stars all round. Highly recommend.

Fantastic service and communication.

Alan and his team recently installed solar panels in our investment property and we couldn't be happier. I approached them at a time when there were many covid challenges and Alan took the time and effort to keep us up to date on developments and provided realistic time frames in relation to installation. He went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service with efficient and thoughtful communication through out the process. Installation was easy and his team did a wonderful job. Our tenant is very happy and appreciative. I would highly recommend Solar Tactics.

A five star rating for five star company and people

Right from the quote to finish,everything was done perfectly and on the time that was promised. Very polite and friendly people who answered all our queries and made sure we understood. Very happy with work and already have recommended them to our family and friends.

Great family run business! Fantastic installer

I chose Solar Tactics after reading good reviews about them. The quoting process is smooth. They listened to our concerns and designed a system to our needs. Giving us quotes for different options. Responded to our questions promptly and professionally. The installation is excellent, they were punctual, tidy and polite. Solar Tactics organised all the necessary works after installation. Highly recommend!

Very Happy!

Dennison and the team from Solar Tactics were great. Good communication, competative price and very professional. Would highly recommend.

Fantastic Company

The team at Solar Tactics were a pleasure to do business with.From the initial consult and quotation I could tell they were very professional and extremely knowledgeable.The install went smoothly and the team were a pleasure to have at our home.They were polite and punctual ,their workmanship was neat and tidy and showed they took pride in their work.Any small mess was quickly cleaned up .Their after install customer service helping organise the grid connection made it a breeze.I highly recommend Solar Tactics for any of your Solar needs.We were not eligible for any rebates and this is reflected in the price paid.Even without any rebates I feel we have got great value for money.

Great Experience!

Everything from quoting till installation went very smoothly. They were was very helpful with providing as many quotes as possible till we could make a decision. Installation, even though, hit by COVID strict lock-downs was scheduled as soon as the restrictions were lifted. The customer service was awesome. They provided all the details regarding the system on the day and answered to all our question patiently. All the instructions regarding the communications with council, electricity provider, etc were provided very clearly. I would highly recommend Solar Tactics Tactics, don't waste your time communicating with other companies, they tick all the boxes!

Polite, organised and efficient

It was a smooth journey from start to finish. I received the product and services that I was promised. From the start when I spoke with Alan on the phone, I realized that I am dealing with the right people. He is patient, polite and provides the information you need. Dennison and the installation crew arrived on time and explained how the solar panels will be installed. They were efficient and cleaned the site after they finished.

Once the electrical inspector inspected the job, he commented " it was a nice job". You cannot go wrong with a family business that exceeds your expectations.

Exceptional.

This was the 2nd solar install I have organised. The first install was with another ‘Platinum’ Solar Quotes rated supplier, which I was generally (but not totally) satisfied with. The option was whether to go with the tried & tested or see if there was something better. Solar Tactics fulfilled the latter and provided an exceptional customer service experience.
1. Timely and informative sales and support: The team was very accessible. Communication was regular, timely and quotes detailed the specific equipment used (panels, inverter but also racking, isolator as well as isolating switch). The inspection was organised promptly, as well as connection to the grid.
2. Competitive pricing: the quote provided excellent value for money for the services provided.
3. Organised, and thorough design/install process: The on-site assessment during design phase confirmed actual roof measurements and allowed an extra 4 panels (compared with another quote which was based on satellite imagery). Installation was performed in-house and not sub-contracted, with the owner on site for the full install. The inverter was placed in a suitable location (south wall) in consultation with us.
4. Exceeded expectations
- A detailed pack was provided on installation with hard copies of the specification sheets of the equipment used, warranties (including 10 years installation) and their complaints policy
- Installation team was courteous, efficient, and took care in their work. They were not rushed and took the time required to get the job done right (e.g. alignment of panels, full cover for the rooftop DC isolator, blow down of the roof).
- Drone pictures of the install were provided at the end of the job.
- A detailed User’s Manual was provided with important information including safety and maintenance procedures.

A professional, family run business (from sales/support to installation) providing excellent service – platinum plus!

Did a great job, arrived on time, very professional. Organised the grid connection, set up the WiFi app to check real time solar generation very happy with the service.

SolarTactics - Fantastic and well-recommended

Hi, I used Solar Quotes to find the best solar companies in the area, and selected SolarTactics. I selected them from the quotes I received based, initially, on their ranking on the Solar Quote site, and subsequently from the information they provided during my enquiries. Pre-sales, they were knowledgeable, interested in my custom and explained the complex (and sometimes basic) questions I had. Post-ordering, the installation date was quick. The installation itself was going to be a challenge due to the shape of my property - and the need to put the panels on three different roofs. The installers were an absolute pleasure to have - courteous, on-time, knowledgeable, and worked like Trojans throughout a very hot day. I couldn't be more appreciative of them - they were great.

Fantastic team

They were recommended by a community friend and that recommendation worked a treat. Right from the beginning they always kept me up to date with what was happening and if for some reason I couldn’t reach them they got back to me promptly. Very happy with the customer service installation and everything else. I have already recommended them to my family and friends.

Excellent Service

I went with SolarTactics based on online reviews and the whole process from quote to post installation was very smooth. Dennison and his team are superb professionals and go and beyond to get the work done. I was guided at each step, with comprehensive details being provided about the process. I very highly recommend SolarTactics for their skill and excellent customer service.

Excellent customer service and end to end experience. Highly recommend

Dennison and team provided exception experience from quoting, communication via email, phone interview and installation where he was involved.
Install was clean tidy, professional. Still awaiting the grid connections after 1 week but the expectation it could take another 3 weeks.
Installed a 7.7kw panels Longi 370kw with 6.6kw fronius inverter. It's consistently generated 50KW+ per day for 6 days straight.

Difficult Job Well Done

The quoting was very straight forward and the job proceeded at the agreed date and time. The installation crew were just fantastic working on the roof in hot weather and with a highly polished tile installed at a steep angle.
There were no complaints and they just got on with it.
The back room people organised everything with the power distributor and it was going within days.
Highly recommend these guys as you couldn't find better people to deal with.

Dennison and his crew were fabulous all the way through the process. Couldn’t rate them high enough for quality and service.

Too Easy

From start to finish, dealing with Solar Tactics has been a breeze. Initial quote was given timeously and well presented, it took me many weeks to do my research before accepting the quote and I was not bombarded with calls in the interim, which was very much appreciated. After accepting the quote, communication and documentation were precise and uncomplicated. Installation was done by an extremely respectful team; punctual, polite and informative. They fitted the system on our double storey roof on an extremely hot day, without complaining and in good time. I am so happy I took the time to read through all the reviews of other companies and came to choose Solar Tactics. Keep up the good work guys and thanks again.

Excellent choice in Solar Panel company

We had the solar system installed a month ago by Solar Tactics. We had multiple quotes and the technical suggestions to overcome a partial shading issue was the tipping point for us to choose Solar Tactics.
Alan keep us informed during the Stage 4 Lockdown in Melbourne which stopped our planned installation and the installation proceeded as soon as restrictions eased. The installation team of four were wonderful. Friendly and worked efficiently on the day.
We had our switchboard upgraded as part of the process and was billed separately by Solar Electric.
They're an excellent company to deal with - they asked the right questions and came up with the appropriate solution.
Highly recommend.

Fantastic and reliable company to deal with

Went with Solar Tactics after reading several reviews and they did not disappoint. From my initial contact with Alan who quoted for a 6.6KW system and then after speaking with Dennison we decided to go for a 9.25KW system seeing that we are all electric household.Peregrina kept us informed as to the progress due to the delay because of the COVID restrictions and we were slotted in first up when they were allowed to resume work. The installation went without a hitch Dennison and his crew were very efficient and had the job done in the day. We would thoroughly recommend this family company to anyone and have passed on their details to friends of ours who are considering going solar.

Great quality and customer service

I’m very happy with the system they installed for us 6 months ago. The installers were very friendly and didn’t try to rush the job - they were still working on it after 6pm. The install is very neat and tidy. Customer service has been great, they followed up a couple of times since it was installed.

Great company

It has been a great experience with solar tactics. From the initial quation with Allan to the installation process with Dennison and to the efficient administrative work of the peregrina been first class. Cost to install the system is very competitive and I must say one of the best quotes I have got. What makes me go with them is their reviews and it was great. Dennison done a great installation given it was not easy to install due to the height of the roof. From that on they moved quickly to get me connected to the grid with organising paperwork in timely manner. Great staff and great company to deal with.

Top quality team and business

End to end, Solar Tactics were professional and provided fantastic customer service. I received about 10 quotes from suppliers on Solar Quotes and decided to go with Denny and the team because they weren't pushy, always helpful to answer questions and customised it to my requests and specifications.
On the day these guys were stellar, hard working to get everything done, took me through the important questions that affected my property and very professional especially around COVID.
They also had after sales service to see how I was going and kept me updated with the paperwork and pictures of the installation.
I will recommend Solar Tactics to anyone switching to solar

Customer Friendly Business

We became aware of Solar Tactics when they installed our daughter's solar system. She was happy with her installation and as we were considering our own installation we decided to contact them. They provided a very high level of customer service designing our system and guiding us through the process. They efficiently installed the system with a minimum of fuss and then provided our retailer with the necessary documentation to have us connected to the grid. They even provided us with aerial photos of the installation. We are very pleased with the way Solar Tactics handled our solar installation.

A great supplier experience, zero glitches

A very satisfying experience in dealing with a supplier. I also went to Solar Tactics based on their reviews, and they did not disappoint. A very quick quote, a very reasonable one at that compared to the two I had, and from the moment I decided to go with them things moved very fast. They uploaded the quote to Victorian Solar; they were even faster with overnight approval. Dennison moved the installation date to suit me, and within two weeks all installed and ready,. and within another week I was exporting power !! The process did not have a hitch, and the installation appeared to be very professional, with Dennison ready to explain and accommodate any of my requests. Another plus was that Alan wasn't the quintessentially pushy sales person that you constantly worry about, if at all not pushy enough !! My Longi + Fronius system is working fine so far from mid-May, Unfortunately I cannot guarantee how it will be over the years, but I have faith that Solar Tactics will not let me down if I have a problem. I wish them well.

Happy customer

Excellent customer service. Sales process was straight forward. Installation was smooth. Dennison provided all the instructions of use very clearly. Supported the grid connection and followed up to make sure it was completed.

Very Happy with this Installer

After a frustrating experience with a large Installer I had them come and pick up their equipment and I found Solar Tactics on line. I had them quote for exactly the same thing. Solar Tactics came in at a cheaper price, were much more professional in the way they went about the whole process and the installation is of extremely high quality which I cannot fault in any way. I was present the whole time and inspected all aspects of the installation and could not be happier. The Guys were all very polite, professional, neat and didn't take any shortcuts (which the previous Installer was insisting on like the routing of the cables around the front wall of the house). They didn't even suggest this and made the effort to crawl to the corners of the roof and run the cables down the inside of the walls. Customer Service is excellent, they organised everything for me and did not hold up the process in any way. 5 star recommendation from me.

Friendly team, timely install, good value for money

The team were easy to deal with, from obtaining a quote, to sending through photos of the meter and letting them work out the design, to billing, to installation and after sales. Everyone was friendly and professional. The installation happened 1-2 weeks after agreeing on the systems and paying the deposit. The work was done in under a day, and they did a good job. After getting a safety inspector to test out the system, it was up and running! Very happy.

Don't have enough word to praise Solar Tactics. No pushy sales gimmick, system installation was but perfect

I came across this company by chance after searching a number of solar companies and then I followed up their reviews. I was overwhelmed by their ratings and immediately contacted them for a quote.
They provided me with the quotation and having had two previous qotations from your suggested solar installers, I compared their pricing and found that their quote was cheaper for their system in comparison to the other two. I am comparing apples to apples here.
The company was not pushy and at no stage did I get these annoying emails saying are you ready to install the solar as I got from the previous two companies.
Post implemetation, the boys ensured that the place was absolutely left in a tidy manner, in fact they went one step forward and installed a cover over the inverter at their cost for which I was very greatful. The electrician took both my wife and I explaining the use of the various dials on the inverter and how they need to interpreted. The electrician promised to come back as a follow up in the next few weeks to check and answer any questions that we might have with the solar system. This hasn't happened yet.
The electrician installed the app and arranged all the paper work on our behalf. The installation inspection was done yesterday (Friday) and the inspector too was happy with the installation.
Highly highly recommend them. Please note that I am not paid to advertise this company.

Original Review on 01-10-2019:

Highly recommend

Solar Tactics showed a very solid work ethic on every level and were always friendly, patient and willing to go the extra yards to make sure we were happy with everything. They had good manners and never pressured us to make a decision. Their quotes were extremely well presented but more importantly offered great value for money and were consistent with what we asked for. Even another reputable company's sales rep was surprised at how cheap
they were going to do a 3.78kw system with Longi panels and a Fronius Primo inverter.

Solar Tactics assisted us passed all the bumps in the road including some hiccups applying for the Victorian government Solar Rebate and having the meter reconfigured by a rather inflexible and sometimes hopeless electrical retailer. (Will give them the boot soon) After the approval for the rebate, Solar Tactics were able to organise an installation time very quickly. They arrived right on the dot and Dennison and his helper built a flawless PV system (the inspector confirmed as much) with not even a damaged tile. Dennison also explained everything we needed to know about the system, the inverter and making warranty claims. I have encountered dirty tactics from some sales reps from other solar companies including excessive phone calls, overstating the credentials of average or below average products, putting on a "best buddies" act and other sneaky ploys or mispresentations to lead the customer away from quality so their company can maximise their profits. Thankfully I didn't fall prey to this. I did more research, had more than 10 quotes done and finally discovered Solar Tactics, a company with real integrity who would NEVER stoop to using the tactics described above.

8 months later we asked Michael : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Still no problems with the system nearly 12 months after Solar Tactics installed it. Substantial savings achieved during the warmer months...more than expected!

Proficient and efficient

Knowing nothing about solar installations, I relied on the recommendations of my colleagues who had researched and understood the process. I was apprehensive at first but Alan put me at ease. The quote seemed reasonable and was provided efficiently based on satellite photos and their experience in maximising sun angles etc. The installation was all done in a day and without any hassles. Dennison and his team were super efficient and the connection to the grid was immediate with Dennison demonstrating it working before he left. All of the arrangements with the energy supplier, and the energy retailer were put in place for me. I just had to make a telephone call to ensure it was dealt with promptly, as advised by Alan. Dennison's team even came back to connect me to the internet as it wasn't enabled at the time of the installation. They were always punctual. It was a very satisfactory experience all round. My thanks to the whole team for a wonderful job.

Great installer, no issues, great result

I read a lot reviews here before deciding on Solar Tactics. Ended up choosing them over other quotes due to their use of the highest quality equipment, competitive pricing and excellent quoting/roof layout design. I also liked the idea of a smaller company who values word of mouth and can't rely on marketing to gloss over bad customer experiences.

The installer, Dennison, did a great job, was very easy to deal with and really went out of his way to make sure we were up and running with getting paid for exported electricity as soon as possible.

We installed a 10.15 kW system of LG Neon 2 350w panels and Enphase IQ7+ micro inverters.

Great experience

Solar tactics were excellent from initial contact, to planning our system, to arranging an installation and follow up post installation.

Fantastic installer

Communication and service is top grade. Install is too notch and nothing to fault them on.

Very good customer service! Excellent workmanship!

Alan patiently answered all the questions I asked him about solar panels, inverters and installations. He helped me decide which system suits my house. Dennison explained everything I needed to know about the system after the installation. Dennison even came back to my house to install the surge protector on my meter box. This was not included in the quote but they still honoured our verbal conversation. They are good people providing excellent service.

Fantastic family service!

My experience with Solar Tactics from first contacts to installation has been first class. Alan has shown to be extremely patient answering all my queries and guiding to choosing the best system for my house! It is a potentially complex task but I feel that with such good communication Alan really made the process simple. I had a bout 6 quotes for my installation and Solar Tactics among the 2-3 cheapest but their professionalism, their10 year warranty on the installation and their feedback on this site made the decision a no brainer.
The installation went as scheduled very smoothly by Alan brother and I am very satisfied with the system. I would recommend Solar Tactics with no hesitation to family and friends.

Fantastic Service, couldnt fault anything.

Sales process was prompt and direct, communication was high with the team.

After Sales and Install service is also prompt.

Job well done!

I’m very happy and satisfied with my solar. From the start, the quoting and paper works to finish, testing and commissioning of solar inverter. They explained everything you need to know with regards to maintenances of solar panels and navigating the inverter menu. Installers are top notch with their work and cleaned everything up after the installation. Great service and will highly recommend them! Job well done and keep it up!

Fantastic Installer and Customer Service

Solar Tactics are patient and will answer any questions you have given that solar is a complex system, and you are likely to install once in your life-time. There was a lot of email and verbal communications to help me make an inform decision; there were no hard sales tactics. They are a pleasure to deal with, punctual with a quality installation.

TL;DR - Highly recommended installer.